Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17
Thinking of the conversation he and Questionable had just had, Aurum couldn't help but stare at Devour with a look of dislike, only getting stronger when he noticed the blood. He couldn't help but wonder if Devour had eaten Devil's Grin, until someone tapped on Aurum's shoulder, nearly giving him a heart attack. When he realized it was Grin however, he let out a sigh of releif. He stopped however when he heard Devil's Grin- no- Dryden's words. He thought for a second, beofre replying. "Odd. I was expecting something more..edgy. Your name makes you sound way fancier- but nows not the time for this." He pointed to the blood and Devour sitting right next to it. He then turned to face Devour with an expressionless face, though his annoyance seemed to leak through his mouth the longer he spoke. "Mind changing into a human? If I'm remembering this correctly you were the most heavily guarded prisoner in The Keep, so it does not help that your sitting here in a giant wide-open feild as a giant wyvern. If you want to sit around in that form, you can go somewhere where the rest of us won't be seen. I would prefer not to be killed today." He then went to walk with Questionable, following the trail of blood until it stopped.
He stared at the end of the trail, beginning to think aloud. "Hmm, well whoever took the Gareeni could of just wrapped the body in something to hide the trail, though there would still be a few drops of blood that would leak through if so, and I don't see any more blood unless its already dried. They also could of taken to the skies if they were a Skyling, though with the amount of blood they were already losing they probably wouldn't of been able to make it two feet in the air without falling back down. Blood would of been splattered everywhere anyways if they had tried to take off so thats not probable either. I don't see how they could get underground without crushing the Gareeni and seeing as I don't see any chunks of bird flesh-" He stopped for a second, that thought making him feel a bit gross, though he quickly pulled himself together and continued "I doubt their underground. That probably means they hid their trace with magic." He stopped for a second, before turning to face Questionable and Dryden. "Do any of you happen to have a magical tracking ability that I'm not learning of until now?"
Thinking of the conversation he and Questionable had just had, Aurum couldn't help but stare at Devour with a look of dislike, only getting stronger when he noticed the blood. He couldn't help but wonder if Devour had eaten Devil's Grin, until someone tapped on Aurum's shoulder, nearly giving him a heart attack. When he realized it was Grin however, he let out a sigh of releif. He stopped however when he heard Devil's Grin- no- Dryden's words. He thought for a second, beofre replying. "Odd. I was expecting something more..edgy. Your name makes you sound way fancier- but nows not the time for this." He pointed to the blood and Devour sitting right next to it. He then turned to face Devour with an expressionless face, though his annoyance seemed to leak through his mouth the longer he spoke. "Mind changing into a human? If I'm remembering this correctly you were the most heavily guarded prisoner in The Keep, so it does not help that your sitting here in a giant wide-open feild as a giant wyvern. If you want to sit around in that form, you can go somewhere where the rest of us won't be seen. I would prefer not to be killed today." He then went to walk with Questionable, following the trail of blood until it stopped.
He stared at the end of the trail, beginning to think aloud. "Hmm, well whoever took the Gareeni could of just wrapped the body in something to hide the trail, though there would still be a few drops of blood that would leak through if so, and I don't see any more blood unless its already dried. They also could of taken to the skies if they were a Skyling, though with the amount of blood they were already losing they probably wouldn't of been able to make it two feet in the air without falling back down. Blood would of been splattered everywhere anyways if they had tried to take off so thats not probable either. I don't see how they could get underground without crushing the Gareeni and seeing as I don't see any chunks of bird flesh-" He stopped for a second, that thought making him feel a bit gross, though he quickly pulled himself together and continued "I doubt their underground. That probably means they hid their trace with magic." He stopped for a second, before turning to face Questionable and Dryden. "Do any of you happen to have a magical tracking ability that I'm not learning of until now?"
How was it that Dryden was being forced to smell his way around town trying to find some sort of creepy guy in a cloak who probably would kill him? Oh right, Aurums brilliant idea. He rounded a corner, and came to a stop at a puddle of mud. He hesitantly put his hand o the mud. "YOUWCH" he cried. It was boiling hot, not that the surface would give it away. "It appears our mystery assailant died in a pile of boiling mud, ergo, problem averted. Either that or they have some sort of powerful magic, in witch case, I recommend we think things through a little bit. I know a brilliant hiding spot, and looked at Questionable glare at him. He still did not know how to feel about them, when Aurum seemed to think they got along fine, he got a feeling He did not like Dryden very much. Not that he thought the shapeshifting wyvern was easy to hang out with, they seemed to have a grudge against him for trying to assassinate Aurum, which he was clearly past. All he knew was that he did not want to touch that mud again.

Silver Picked the lock on the door with ease, and he wondered if that wyvern he was fighting escaped the people trying to capture him, because he doubted a tranquillizer would do much against that beast. As he crept though the halls, he came into a monstrous opening overlooking a massive lake. Heat rose from it.
He looked up, and a rocky ceiling lay overhead. Was this... under New Orien. He kept creeping along, hoping not to pass any of those cloaked figures again.
How was it that Dryden was being forced to smell his way around town trying to find some sort of creepy guy in a cloak who probably would kill him? Oh right, Aurums brilliant idea. He rounded a corner, and came to a stop at a puddle of mud. He hesitantly put his hand o the mud. "YOUWCH" he cried. It was boiling hot, not that the surface would give it away. "It appears our mystery assailant died in a pile of boiling mud, ergo, problem averted. Either that or they have some sort of powerful magic, in witch case, I recommend we think things through a little bit. I know a brilliant hiding spot, and looked at Questionable glare at him. He still did not know how to feel about them, when Aurum seemed to think they got along fine, he got a feeling He did not like Dryden very much. Not that he thought the shapeshifting wyvern was easy to hang out with, they seemed to have a grudge against him for trying to assassinate Aurum, which he was clearly past. All he knew was that he did not want to touch that mud again.

Silver Picked the lock on the door with ease, and he wondered if that wyvern he was fighting escaped the people trying to capture him, because he doubted a tranquillizer would do much against that beast. As he crept though the halls, he came into a monstrous opening overlooking a massive lake. Heat rose from it.
He looked up, and a rocky ceiling lay overhead. Was this... under New Orien. He kept creeping along, hoping not to pass any of those cloaked figures again.
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at the hot mud, his thoughts churning. He looked at Aurum, and the look on his face was all he needed to confirm his suspicions. "I don't think this mud is natural," he said, an idea forming, "Perhaps Silver's kidnappers left something in it." Turning into his wyvern form, Questionable began to dig through through the boiling mud, trying his best to avoid the heat rising off of it. Finally, he found something: a small scrap of black cloth. While it didn't seem distinctive, when he turned it over, there was an insignia on it, shaped like an odd fish. He turned back into human form, feeling pain in his right leg (He doesn't have arms as a wyvern so he digs with his legs), and showed the cloth off to everyone else. "This was in the mud. Anyone recognize it?" [img]https://i.imgur.com/JpVU0O7.png[/img] (wow I can't draw-)
Questionable stared at the hot mud, his thoughts churning. He looked at Aurum, and the look on his face was all he needed to confirm his suspicions. "I don't think this mud is natural," he said, an idea forming, "Perhaps Silver's kidnappers left something in it." Turning into his wyvern form, Questionable began to dig through through the boiling mud, trying his best to avoid the heat rising off of it. Finally, he found something: a small scrap of black cloth. While it didn't seem distinctive, when he turned it over, there was an insignia on it, shaped like an odd fish. He turned back into human form, feeling pain in his right leg (He doesn't have arms as a wyvern so he digs with his legs), and showed the cloth off to everyone else. "This was in the mud. Anyone recognize it?"

JpVU0O7.png
(wow I can't draw-)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum stared at the odd marking with mild curiousity. "I've never seen it before..What do you think it represents? Maybe it's a symbol of another criminal organisation? Or maybe a family crest? Or perhaps.. it's a schools mascot? I heard schools do stuff like that. It's kinda stupid really. They represent schools with an animal mascot. Imagine being represented by a fish-" He stopped when he noticed everyones eyes on him, all glaring at him with an unamused stare. "Uh- sorry."
Aurum stared at the odd marking with mild curiousity. "I've never seen it before..What do you think it represents? Maybe it's a symbol of another criminal organisation? Or maybe a family crest? Or perhaps.. it's a schools mascot? I heard schools do stuff like that. It's kinda stupid really. They represent schools with an animal mascot. Imagine being represented by a fish-" He stopped when he noticed everyones eyes on him, all glaring at him with an unamused stare. "Uh- sorry."
"A... fish?" He never heard of such a thing before, not that he has been to many school, just a couple, years ago, but he thought it was a good idea. Then everyone glared at Aurum, so he quickly did the same. He guessed some sort of criminal organization. "Ill be a new crime lord took the place of some other criminal overlord, it happened all the time, but this is a bold way to make a statement, without revealing who they are either. Its not even like anyone saw them, because they kidnapped a relatively high ranking officer." Everyone's eyes turned to him, wide eyed. He forgot, most of them don't keep up with criminal politics. Aurum asked, "would you not want to stay a secret?"
"Not a bold organization like that, they would like to announce, not to the government, but to other crime lords, that a new group, more dangerous than you, is in town." It was hard to explain this to someone who was on the run, to busy to keep track of everyone, a wyvern who probably rarely cared about anything but keeping their head down, a actual criminal, but a killer, not in organized crime, plus has been in jail for what, 10, 20, 60, years? Yeah, this may take a while, so he just said, lets figure this out later, and find silver to get some info out of him."
"A... fish?" He never heard of such a thing before, not that he has been to many school, just a couple, years ago, but he thought it was a good idea. Then everyone glared at Aurum, so he quickly did the same. He guessed some sort of criminal organization. "Ill be a new crime lord took the place of some other criminal overlord, it happened all the time, but this is a bold way to make a statement, without revealing who they are either. Its not even like anyone saw them, because they kidnapped a relatively high ranking officer." Everyone's eyes turned to him, wide eyed. He forgot, most of them don't keep up with criminal politics. Aurum asked, "would you not want to stay a secret?"
"Not a bold organization like that, they would like to announce, not to the government, but to other crime lords, that a new group, more dangerous than you, is in town." It was hard to explain this to someone who was on the run, to busy to keep track of everyone, a wyvern who probably rarely cared about anything but keeping their head down, a actual criminal, but a killer, not in organized crime, plus has been in jail for what, 10, 20, 60, years? Yeah, this may take a while, so he just said, lets figure this out later, and find silver to get some info out of him."
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at Dryden, trying to tell if the was kidding. "Find Silver. Just find him. He could be anywhere in the city, if he even is in the city. They used magic to escape, meaning they could be pretty much... anywhere. We don't even know where to start. However, I might have heard of someone who does, considering this is probably the work of some new criminal organization. I vote we try to talk to Aurum's dad." Silence. Everyone stared at Questionable like he was insane. Although they couldn't deny him completely... he did have a point.
Questionable stared at Dryden, trying to tell if the was kidding. "Find Silver. Just find him. He could be anywhere in the city, if he even is in the city. They used magic to escape, meaning they could be pretty much... anywhere. We don't even know where to start. However, I might have heard of someone who does, considering this is probably the work of some new criminal organization. I vote we try to talk to Aurum's dad." Silence. Everyone stared at Questionable like he was insane. Although they couldn't deny him completely... he did have a point.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum let out an awkward laugh, before realizing they weren't joking. He quickly stopped, staring at Questionable for a few seconds as if still expecting them to explain this was in fact all some sort of complicated joke. His stare then turned to a frown when he finally realized that they were being 100% serious. He bit his lip, just barely stopping the urge to start screaming at his friend. Did they not understand who his father was?..What he had done to him? His father was the reason he could never live a normal life. The reason he was forced into hiding and could never accomplish his own dreams. The reason he had blood on his hands. Aurum found himself thinking about Silver. This Silver character wasn't even that important. They wouldn't be useful to any of them. Hadn't he tried to capture Dryden? Why did they care so much about one singular guard? Couldn't they just...leave him? He felt sick as he thought this. He knew that he was a terrible person-thanks yet again to his father, though it were thoughts like this that bothered him the most. Aurum though he tried to hide it even from himself, knew that he cared more about his well being than those around him.
He supposed it had something to do with the fact that he had needed to fend for himself throughout his childhood, and the fact that he didn't exactly have anyone to rely on until a few days ago allowed these thoughts to stick with him. He just- couldn't help it.
Aurum shook his head as if trying to clear away his thoughts. No. If he didn't want to face his father, he needed a logical solution to give them. Not one that was so obviously bias. Taking a few seconds to just breathe in as to not accidently lash out, he waited until he finally felt calm enough to answer. "Thats out of the question. You don't know what my fathers like. If this is really another criminal organisation, it must be a dangerous one. My fathers the kind of person that destroys anyone that poses a threat to him or his organisation on the spot. Though if he deems his enemy as 'powerful', he often waits in the shadows for someone else to fight his battles for him, before easily swooping in and finishing both off easily. Someone like that is not likely to side with us, or have the information we need, seeing as he's probably spent his time watching them from afar. And hasn't gotten close enough to find out where these people may reside." This last part was a lie. He knew his father would probably be watching these people like a hawk, though they didn't need to know this. What they didn't know couldn't hurt them. He had disguised the lie quite well, only being made more beleivable by the fact that he usually didn't have the composure to lie in the first place. "It would be more likely that he would try to use one of you for his own gain. And if he found out one of you knew where I was-which he would probably assume if you came walking through his front door, Well, that wouldn't end to well. Not to mention the fact that Dryden also has unfinished buisness with my father, and would probably be killed if he came anywhere near him. I'm not sure if this was you or not, or if you were even aware of this-" He would turn to face Dryden "But your known for killing members of my fathers little group, and me saying he's angry at you would be an understatement." Aurum stopped again to turn towards the mud.
"We have the information right here in front of us. Boiling mud obviously isn't normal, and this fish insignia thing was pretty deep under it. Isn't it a bit odd that a scrap of fabric would be dropped in boiling mud? Most townsfolk are smart enough to walk around odd things such as this, and those that aren't quickly learn their lesson. So why is this here? Who would of dropped this in here? And how exactly is the mud boiling hot?" He beleived he had made a good point, though he decided then and there that he would make sure none of them went to his father for information. Even if he had to use force to stop them.

(I need to come up with a name for his fathers organisation lol. Once I choose something I'll post it and more information on it on the OOC thread. Also HOLy CRaP I made this way to long-)
Aurum let out an awkward laugh, before realizing they weren't joking. He quickly stopped, staring at Questionable for a few seconds as if still expecting them to explain this was in fact all some sort of complicated joke. His stare then turned to a frown when he finally realized that they were being 100% serious. He bit his lip, just barely stopping the urge to start screaming at his friend. Did they not understand who his father was?..What he had done to him? His father was the reason he could never live a normal life. The reason he was forced into hiding and could never accomplish his own dreams. The reason he had blood on his hands. Aurum found himself thinking about Silver. This Silver character wasn't even that important. They wouldn't be useful to any of them. Hadn't he tried to capture Dryden? Why did they care so much about one singular guard? Couldn't they just...leave him? He felt sick as he thought this. He knew that he was a terrible person-thanks yet again to his father, though it were thoughts like this that bothered him the most. Aurum though he tried to hide it even from himself, knew that he cared more about his well being than those around him.
He supposed it had something to do with the fact that he had needed to fend for himself throughout his childhood, and the fact that he didn't exactly have anyone to rely on until a few days ago allowed these thoughts to stick with him. He just- couldn't help it.
Aurum shook his head as if trying to clear away his thoughts. No. If he didn't want to face his father, he needed a logical solution to give them. Not one that was so obviously bias. Taking a few seconds to just breathe in as to not accidently lash out, he waited until he finally felt calm enough to answer. "Thats out of the question. You don't know what my fathers like. If this is really another criminal organisation, it must be a dangerous one. My fathers the kind of person that destroys anyone that poses a threat to him or his organisation on the spot. Though if he deems his enemy as 'powerful', he often waits in the shadows for someone else to fight his battles for him, before easily swooping in and finishing both off easily. Someone like that is not likely to side with us, or have the information we need, seeing as he's probably spent his time watching them from afar. And hasn't gotten close enough to find out where these people may reside." This last part was a lie. He knew his father would probably be watching these people like a hawk, though they didn't need to know this. What they didn't know couldn't hurt them. He had disguised the lie quite well, only being made more beleivable by the fact that he usually didn't have the composure to lie in the first place. "It would be more likely that he would try to use one of you for his own gain. And if he found out one of you knew where I was-which he would probably assume if you came walking through his front door, Well, that wouldn't end to well. Not to mention the fact that Dryden also has unfinished buisness with my father, and would probably be killed if he came anywhere near him. I'm not sure if this was you or not, or if you were even aware of this-" He would turn to face Dryden "But your known for killing members of my fathers little group, and me saying he's angry at you would be an understatement." Aurum stopped again to turn towards the mud.
"We have the information right here in front of us. Boiling mud obviously isn't normal, and this fish insignia thing was pretty deep under it. Isn't it a bit odd that a scrap of fabric would be dropped in boiling mud? Most townsfolk are smart enough to walk around odd things such as this, and those that aren't quickly learn their lesson. So why is this here? Who would of dropped this in here? And how exactly is the mud boiling hot?" He beleived he had made a good point, though he decided then and there that he would make sure none of them went to his father for information. Even if he had to use force to stop them.

(I need to come up with a name for his fathers organisation lol. Once I choose something I'll post it and more information on it on the OOC thread. Also HOLy CRaP I made this way to long-)
Dryden was impressed, the kid had just made some excellent points, except for the one were his father would kill him, no, it was the other way around. "I feel that going to Aurums father is one of the worst things we could do, besides turning ourselves into the keep of course. He is another problem for another day, if we are so worried about this new fish clan. Not to say I'm not, I'm terrified, but keep in mind we should trod lightly, me and devour are wanted, and possibly Aurum, not to mention to crime lords after us. Also the council of mages is probably sending direct orders to put as many people as possible, so any leads will also be perused by the government." He looked up to see a few nods, good. "now, many of you are new to the whole on the run thing, so I know a few places to go, regroup, and start tracking down this new organization of sorts." He headed of, hoping the others would follow.

Silver was hiding in what he could assume was a kitchen of sorts, in one of the cupboards. He kept seeing banners and carvings of this weird fish, and other sea life in general. All of a sudden, he heard voices. "That much! In only 3 hours! Ill see what I can do, New ally's are important I suppose." He heard 2 pairs of footsteps, and then a door creaking. they grew louder and louder intel the door to the cupboard swung open, and Silver was face to face with a scaled, slightly slimy looking, what was it. he wasn't sure. "Uh oh"
Dryden was impressed, the kid had just made some excellent points, except for the one were his father would kill him, no, it was the other way around. "I feel that going to Aurums father is one of the worst things we could do, besides turning ourselves into the keep of course. He is another problem for another day, if we are so worried about this new fish clan. Not to say I'm not, I'm terrified, but keep in mind we should trod lightly, me and devour are wanted, and possibly Aurum, not to mention to crime lords after us. Also the council of mages is probably sending direct orders to put as many people as possible, so any leads will also be perused by the government." He looked up to see a few nods, good. "now, many of you are new to the whole on the run thing, so I know a few places to go, regroup, and start tracking down this new organization of sorts." He headed of, hoping the others would follow.

Silver was hiding in what he could assume was a kitchen of sorts, in one of the cupboards. He kept seeing banners and carvings of this weird fish, and other sea life in general. All of a sudden, he heard voices. "That much! In only 3 hours! Ill see what I can do, New ally's are important I suppose." He heard 2 pairs of footsteps, and then a door creaking. they grew louder and louder intel the door to the cupboard swung open, and Silver was face to face with a scaled, slightly slimy looking, what was it. he wasn't sure. "Uh oh"
4Co921H.png
Questionable began to speak, the words flowing out in a rambled speech. “Trust me. We have to go see Aurum’s father. I know he’ll kill you on sight, but he doesn’t know me. Also, I know a thing or two about disguises. Aurum, I can make it so even your own father doesn’t recognize you. Dryden, unfortunately, there isn’t much I can do for you. He’s sure to have this info, plus we can also learn how he’s going to react to all of this stuff. If we know our enemy’s plans before they’re put in motion, we can stop them. Please. We need to do this.”
Questionable began to speak, the words flowing out in a rambled speech. “Trust me. We have to go see Aurum’s father. I know he’ll kill you on sight, but he doesn’t know me. Also, I know a thing or two about disguises. Aurum, I can make it so even your own father doesn’t recognize you. Dryden, unfortunately, there isn’t much I can do for you. He’s sure to have this info, plus we can also learn how he’s going to react to all of this stuff. If we know our enemy’s plans before they’re put in motion, we can stop them. Please. We need to do this.”
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum couldn’t help it. He glared coldly at the back of Questionables head until they turned around, making him quickly turn away and walk ahead of them until he was walking side by side with Dryden. Questionable had good points though he knew his were better, which allowed the majority or at least- the majority excluding Devour, whose opinion didn’t exactly matter to him. he supposed this wasn’t saying much, as it only included Questionable and Dryden. Why was Questionable so determined to see his father? He had just told them he wouldn’t have any information which of course was a lie, though it still hurt to see that his friend didn’t trust his words.
Aurum instead stared at their surroundings. “Where exactly are we going Dryden?” He asked curiously, trying to drive Questionables irritating suggestion out of his head, while going through all the places he knew of in the area that they could be heading.
Aurum couldn’t help it. He glared coldly at the back of Questionables head until they turned around, making him quickly turn away and walk ahead of them until he was walking side by side with Dryden. Questionable had good points though he knew his were better, which allowed the majority or at least- the majority excluding Devour, whose opinion didn’t exactly matter to him. he supposed this wasn’t saying much, as it only included Questionable and Dryden. Why was Questionable so determined to see his father? He had just told them he wouldn’t have any information which of course was a lie, though it still hurt to see that his friend didn’t trust his words.
Aurum instead stared at their surroundings. “Where exactly are we going Dryden?” He asked curiously, trying to drive Questionables irritating suggestion out of his head, while going through all the places he knew of in the area that they could be heading.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17