Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | More than Human (OOC/Closed!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
[quote name="@StarR3N" date="2021-08-09 16:29:41" ] This seems fun to get back into rping. I have an idea for a character already, but I'm curious how items would work when shifting? I want my character to carry around a camera with them so .w. [/quote] My weird headcannon: Scarves/satchels/armbands and the like tend to find a matchy spot or stay in relatively the same area... So a camera with one of those neck straps would stay around the neck unless you have a shifter with a neck far to chonky for that... Then I don't really know what to say.
@StarR3N wrote on 2021-08-09 16:29:41:
This seems fun to get back into rping. I have an idea for a character already, but I'm curious how items would work when shifting? I want my character to carry around a camera with them so .w.

My weird headcannon: Scarves/satchels/armbands and the like tend to find a matchy spot or stay in relatively the same area... So a camera with one of those neck straps would stay around the neck unless you have a shifter with a neck far to chonky for that... Then I don't really know what to say.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
[b]Name:[/b] Eleanor Carol [b]Age:[/b] 19 [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Human appearance:[/b] Eleanor stands at an average 5'04" with a rather slim build. She has slightly tanned skin with pitch-black hair and amber eyes. Her hair is dyed teal at the ends and is usually put up in a high ponytail or on rare occasions, a braid. She almost always carries her portable camera with her, which is strapped over her shoulder or neck. [img]https://i.ibb.co/vXPNZWQ/20210108-001007-2.jpg[/img] [b]Mythos form:[/b] A crow-like creature that stands around the stature of a large ostrich. She has a large set of wings and clawed feet, as well as a thick scaled tail, resembling a corvid version of a cockatrice.  She also has an extra eye situated on the top of her head. Her camera usually just hangs on her neck, though she can adjust it with her wind magic. [img]https://i.ibb.co/bgLjX8F/20210809-022518-1.jpg[/img] Doesn't have her camera but meh, I already finished the piece >.> [b]Mythos abilities:[/b] [list] [*]Flight: She's quite fast and maneuverable because of her small size, often showing off in loops or barrel rolls. [*]Paralyzing gaze: She can temporarily paralyze body parts in her line of sight and completely paralyze someone through eye contact with them. [*]Wind manipulation: She can create gusts of fierce winds, updrafts, and breezes around her. The stronger the wind, the harder it is to control, so she could in theory create a small hurricane, though it would quickly get out of control and wreak havoc. [*]Telepathy: She can communicate telepathically with nearby people. [/list] [b]Mundane form:[/b] An ordinary-looking crow, though she has amber eyes rather than the usual black or grey. [b]Mundane 2 or Blended:[/b] N/A [b]Extra abilities:[/b] [list] [*]She can cause people to flinch or tense up for a second when she locks eye contact with them [*]She can vaguely feel the emotions of those around her [*]She can roughly communicate with birds through chirps and calls [/list] [b]Personality:[/b] Cheeky and curious, Eleanor is quite extroverted. She loves talking to others and learning new things, and has a childlike curiosity to her. She can be a bit manipulative and tends to feign ignorance so she can learn more and low-key interrogate people. She also has a hobby of observing and watching people very closely. As such, she's usually looking around whenever she's idle and notices small details quickly. She's rather free-willed and doesn't like being forced or told to do things. She's also a born-skeptic and constantly plays devil's advocate, especially towards people that she doesn't like. As a result, she can come off as somewhat sarcastic and cynical though she's actually a bit of a dreamer, she just doesn't like to admit it. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] + Strawberry shortcake! And sweets in general + Photography, she particularly likes taking pictures of birds and cityscapes + High up places + Singing, though she prefers to sing in front of birds rather than people - People touching her camera without permission (she will kick you in the shins) - Her name, especially her last name - Getting wet / the rain - Crowded places x Small spaces (Claustrophobia) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] + Light and agile even in her human form + Her wind can help her fly even in bad conditions + While she's not very physically strong, she can divebomb people and peck or kick at them precisely in her shifted form + She can still do well in high altitudes - Her bones are rather fragile and can be broken easily, even in her mythos form - She's a bit technologically challenged and has no idea how to handle modern weapons - She can get overwhelmed by her telepathy in crowds, especially if there's a lot of high-strung emotions - She can only paralyze up to 3 people with eye contact in her mythos form, and when doing this, she'll often have a blind spot behind her [b]Backstory:[/b] Eleanor lived in the countryside with her grandmother, who was similarly a shifter. Her parents died when she was young in a dispute with humans, leading to their retreat to the mountains. Her grandmother made a living selling handmade trinkets and kept their contact with humans to a minimum. They rarely got visitors except for the few shifters and humans that her grandmother trusted who would bring technology and luxuries with them. When she turned 10, Eleanor got a camera as a birthday present. She was immediately hooked on it and filled its memory up with pictures of trees and birds and nature. So much so that she had to get a new camera each year. Eventually, she started sneaking down to the village at the base of the mountain to take photos. There, she heard and learned more about humans and wanted more than ever to explore outside. Even though her grandmother forbade it, Eleanor still left home at the age of 18, determined to forge her own path. Now, a year later she's made a small living for herself by selling photos. She's currently employed at a small newspaper and keeping her shifter status a secret. [b]Other:[/b] [list] [*]She almost always tells half-truths when asked about things [*]She's most comfortable in her mythos form, especially as it means she can carry her camera with her. However, she knows she has to be discreet so she now shifts more into her mundane form. [img]https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/a7/a7f13599fb4475a52e555491fbb74387.jpeg[/img] [*]Thought it would be fitting .3. [/list] Finally got this done, almost forgot how to format images and stuff on FR
Name: Eleanor Carol
Human appearance: Eleanor stands at an average 5'04" with a rather slim build. She has slightly tanned skin with pitch-black hair and amber eyes. Her hair is dyed teal at the ends and is usually put up in a high ponytail or on rare occasions, a braid. She almost always carries her portable camera with her, which is strapped over her shoulder or neck.
20210108-001007-2.jpg
Mythos form: A crow-like creature that stands around the stature of a large ostrich. She has a large set of wings and clawed feet, as well as a thick scaled tail, resembling a corvid version of a cockatrice.  She also has an extra eye situated on the top of her head. Her camera usually just hangs on her neck, though she can adjust it with her wind magic.
20210809-022518-1.jpg
Doesn't have her camera but meh, I already finished the piece >.>
Mythos abilities:
  • Flight: She's quite fast and maneuverable because of her small size, often showing off in loops or barrel rolls.
  • Paralyzing gaze: She can temporarily paralyze body parts in her line of sight and completely paralyze someone through eye contact with them.
  • Wind manipulation: She can create gusts of fierce winds, updrafts, and breezes around her. The stronger the wind, the harder it is to control, so she could in theory create a small hurricane, though it would quickly get out of control and wreak havoc.
  • Telepathy: She can communicate telepathically with nearby people.
Mundane form: An ordinary-looking crow, though she has amber eyes rather than the usual black or grey.
Mundane 2 or Blended: N/A
Extra abilities:
  • She can cause people to flinch or tense up for a second when she locks eye contact with them
  • She can vaguely feel the emotions of those around her
  • She can roughly communicate with birds through chirps and calls
Personality: Cheeky and curious, Eleanor is quite extroverted. She loves talking to others and learning new things, and has a childlike curiosity to her. She can be a bit manipulative and tends to feign ignorance so she can learn more and low-key interrogate people. She also has a hobby of observing and watching people very closely. As such, she's usually looking around whenever she's idle and notices small details quickly. She's rather free-willed and doesn't like being forced or told to do things. She's also a born-skeptic and constantly plays devil's advocate, especially towards people that she doesn't like. As a result, she can come off as somewhat sarcastic and cynical though she's actually a bit of a dreamer, she just doesn't like to admit it.

Likes/Dislikes:
+ Strawberry shortcake! And sweets in general
+ Photography, she particularly likes taking pictures of birds and cityscapes
+ High up places
+ Singing, though she prefers to sing in front of birds rather than people

- People touching her camera without permission (she will kick you in the shins)
- Her name, especially her last name
- Getting wet / the rain
- Crowded places

x Small spaces (Claustrophobia)

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ Light and agile even in her human form
+ Her wind can help her fly even in bad conditions
+ While she's not very physically strong, she can divebomb people and peck or kick at them precisely in her shifted form
+ She can still do well in high altitudes

- Her bones are rather fragile and can be broken easily, even in her mythos form
- She's a bit technologically challenged and has no idea how to handle modern weapons
- She can get overwhelmed by her telepathy in crowds, especially if there's a lot of high-strung emotions
- She can only paralyze up to 3 people with eye contact in her mythos form, and when doing this, she'll often have a blind spot behind her

Backstory: Eleanor lived in the countryside with her grandmother, who was similarly a shifter. Her parents died when she was young in a dispute with humans, leading to their retreat to the mountains. Her grandmother made a living selling handmade trinkets and kept their contact with humans to a minimum. They rarely got visitors except for the few shifters and humans that her grandmother trusted who would bring technology and luxuries with them. When she turned 10, Eleanor got a camera as a birthday present. She was immediately hooked on it and filled its memory up with pictures of trees and birds and nature. So much so that she had to get a new camera each year. Eventually, she started sneaking down to the village at the base of the mountain to take photos. There, she heard and learned more about humans and wanted more than ever to explore outside. Even though her grandmother forbade it, Eleanor still left home at the age of 18, determined to forge her own path. Now, a year later she's made a small living for herself by selling photos. She's currently employed at a small newspaper and keeping her shifter status a secret.
Other:
  • She almost always tells half-truths when asked about things
  • She's most comfortable in her mythos form, especially as it means she can carry her camera with her. However, she knows she has to be discreet so she now shifts more into her mundane form.
    a7f13599fb4475a52e555491fbb74387.jpeg
  • Thought it would be fitting .3.

Finally got this done, almost forgot how to format images and stuff on FR
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
@StarR3N

Approved!

Eleanor reminds me a bit of the three legged crow (almost mistook her for it) But I love the creature, so creative!

@StarR3N

Approved!

Eleanor reminds me a bit of the three legged crow (almost mistook her for it) But I love the creature, so creative!

slXRG.gif

Oh, I haven't heard of the three-legged crow before, sounds interesting though. And I'm glad you like her. I drew her kinda for Smaugust (not really since I can't draw a full piece every day) and figured it'd fit.
Oh, I haven't heard of the three-legged crow before, sounds interesting though. And I'm glad you like her. I drew her kinda for Smaugust (not really since I can't draw a full piece every day) and figured it'd fit.
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Soooooooo... may or may not have gotten the urge to make a second character! I just had to once the idea popped up in my head! So I guess I really did mean more than one form! XD Once again, lemme know if I need to change anything ^^ Oh, and @/StarR3N, I love Eleanor! <3 [b]Name:[/b] Jaime Lycus [b]Age:[/b] 15 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Human appearance:[/b] Jaime stands at 5'6". Scars litter his arms, so he always wears a long-sleeved shirt or jacket to cover them. In his other forms, fur covers them up. [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/38397094_Ed3Vg0wCZkN5YPO.png[/img] (Art by me!) [b]Mythos form:[/b] Jaime's Mythos form is a hellhound, about the size of a dire wolf. [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/38417160_s2tVSZOTXgAVF5T.jpg[/img] (Art by me!) [b]Mythos abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*]He can breathe green fire. [*]He has night vision. [*]Wounds heal more quickly than average, but not by much. [*]He can imbue his claws with green fire. When his hind claws ignite, he can leave behind a trail of fire as he runs. [*]He can communicate telepathically. [/LIST] [b]Mundane form:[/b] Wolf! Basically this image, but with light blue eyes: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/b1/7a/f6b17a9f0e003c00387a07a671a78880.jpg[/img] [b]Mundane 2 or Blended:[/b] Mudane 2, domesticated dog (samoyed). [img]https://www.101dogbreeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Samoyed-Dog-1024x682.jpg[/img] [b]Extra abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*]He can generate green fire from his hands. [*]He can increase his body temperature if he is too cold. However, he can't lower his body temperature, so he has to be careful not to overheat himself. If he is soaked in water, especially cold water, this ability is completely negated until he is completely dried off. [*]He is immune to the effects of fire, meaning he can't be burned or hurt by it. [/LIST] [b]Personality:[/b] Jaime is a quiet, observant and curious boy. He usually doesn't go out of his way to talk to people, but he doesn't mind if someone wants to talk to him. In fact, it always surprises him, despite tending to stick out of the crowd. He enjoys making people happy, even though he doesn't see why people would want to rely on him due to his general lack of self-confidence. However, once he has befriended someone, he is undyingly loyal to them and willing to put his self-doubts aside to help them. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] + Forests + Spooky / odd things + Halloween + Doodling + Painting (his dad loved painting) + The color green + Hugs / cuddles / pets + Flowers + Dogs + Sunsets + Fog (even though it doesn't help his already lackluster vision) - Imprisonment / captivity - Crowded places - Loud sounds - Strangely shaped holes (trypophobia) - Wasps - Going out in the rain - Being hunted - Chocolate (it makes him very sick) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] + His fire is useful for burning things and keeping warm. + He is very loyal to anyone who befriends him. + Water won't hurt him in his human form, nor will it hurt him in both of his Mundane forms. + He's a pretty fast runner. + He's observant. = His second Mundane form is ADORABLE, but in a dangerous situation, it isn't all that useful. - He is weak against water in his Mythos form. It won't put out the flames on his body, but it will hurt him and weaken his attacks. - He has to be careful not to get too excited, otherwise he'll automatically transform into his second Mundane form. - He may not be able to be burned by fire, but that doesn't mean he can't be burned at all. He is especially susceptible to sunburns. - He doesn't have the greatest vision in the world. - His insecurity can get in the way of his actions sometimes. [b]Backstory:[/b] Jaime was born in a small town, living with his Shifter parents. After he began developing his abilities, his parents disagreed on where to go; his mother wanted him to stay in the town while his father wanted to move somewhere that was more isolated until he mastered his transformations and powers. They couldn't come to an agreement, so they went their separate ways, with his father taking him to live in the woods. He was raised there with love and care, up until he was nine-years old. A group of humans discovered them and demanded the two of them come without a fight. His father refused to comply, defending him the best he could before he was slain. He was forcibly dragged away and taken back to the town he used to live in, where custody of him was given over to his mother. Despite having remarried, she was devastated to hear of her husband's death, though she was told he attacked first and was killed in self-defense. One day, when Jaime was eleven-years old, his mother mysteriously went berserk and wreaked havoc in their town, putting several people in danger. There was no apparent reason for her to do so, but regardless, she was arrested and taken somewhere Jaime has no knowledge of to this day. He was confused and scared, but there was nothing he could do about it. He and his stepfather (who isn't a Shifter) moved to the city, where he was fully registered as a Shifter. Nowadays, his stepfather ignores him most of the time, leaving him to fend for himself. When he [i]does[/i] get noticed by him, it's usually not a good thing. He wants to live a normal life, but he is also afraid of being arrested like his mother, or killed like his father. [b]Other:[/b] [LIST] [*]He is bisexual. [*]He is fully registered as a Shifter. [*]He's touch-starved and craves affection, but at the same time, he never asks for it or makes it obvious. [/LIST] Also, another meme! [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f1/f7/0c/f1f70c19a7358ef8e4b83e4144d5baab.jpg[/img]
Soooooooo... may or may not have gotten the urge to make a second character! I just had to once the idea popped up in my head! So I guess I really did mean more than one form! XD Once again, lemme know if I need to change anything ^^

Oh, and @/StarR3N, I love Eleanor! <3

Name: Jaime Lycus
Human appearance: Jaime stands at 5'6". Scars litter his arms, so he always wears a long-sleeved shirt or jacket to cover them. In his other forms, fur covers them up.

38397094_Ed3Vg0wCZkN5YPO.png

(Art by me!)

Mythos form: Jaime's Mythos form is a hellhound, about the size of a dire wolf.

38417160_s2tVSZOTXgAVF5T.jpg

(Art by me!)

Mythos abilities:
  • He can breathe green fire.
  • He has night vision.
  • Wounds heal more quickly than average, but not by much.
  • He can imbue his claws with green fire. When his hind claws ignite, he can leave behind a trail of fire as he runs.
  • He can communicate telepathically.
Mundane form: Wolf! Basically this image, but with light blue eyes:

f6b17a9f0e003c00387a07a671a78880.jpg

Mundane 2 or Blended: Mudane 2, domesticated dog (samoyed).

Samoyed-Dog-1024x682.jpg

Extra abilities:
  • He can generate green fire from his hands.
  • He can increase his body temperature if he is too cold. However, he can't lower his body temperature, so he has to be careful not to overheat himself. If he is soaked in water, especially cold water, this ability is completely negated until he is completely dried off.
  • He is immune to the effects of fire, meaning he can't be burned or hurt by it.
Personality: Jaime is a quiet, observant and curious boy. He usually doesn't go out of his way to talk to people, but he doesn't mind if someone wants to talk to him. In fact, it always surprises him, despite tending to stick out of the crowd. He enjoys making people happy, even though he doesn't see why people would want to rely on him due to his general lack of self-confidence. However, once he has befriended someone, he is undyingly loyal to them and willing to put his self-doubts aside to help them.

Likes/Dislikes:
+ Forests
+ Spooky / odd things
+ Halloween
+ Doodling
+ Painting (his dad loved painting)
+ The color green
+ Hugs / cuddles / pets
+ Flowers
+ Dogs
+ Sunsets
+ Fog (even though it doesn't help his already lackluster vision)

- Imprisonment / captivity
- Crowded places
- Loud sounds
- Strangely shaped holes (trypophobia)
- Wasps
- Going out in the rain
- Being hunted
- Chocolate (it makes him very sick)

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ His fire is useful for burning things and keeping warm.
+ He is very loyal to anyone who befriends him.
+ Water won't hurt him in his human form, nor will it hurt him in both of his Mundane forms.
+ He's a pretty fast runner.
+ He's observant.

= His second Mundane form is ADORABLE, but in a dangerous situation, it isn't all that useful.

- He is weak against water in his Mythos form. It won't put out the flames on his body, but it will hurt him and weaken his attacks.
- He has to be careful not to get too excited, otherwise he'll automatically transform into his second Mundane form.
- He may not be able to be burned by fire, but that doesn't mean he can't be burned at all. He is especially susceptible to sunburns.
- He doesn't have the greatest vision in the world.
- His insecurity can get in the way of his actions sometimes.

Backstory: Jaime was born in a small town, living with his Shifter parents. After he began developing his abilities, his parents disagreed on where to go; his mother wanted him to stay in the town while his father wanted to move somewhere that was more isolated until he mastered his transformations and powers. They couldn't come to an agreement, so they went their separate ways, with his father taking him to live in the woods.

He was raised there with love and care, up until he was nine-years old. A group of humans discovered them and demanded the two of them come without a fight. His father refused to comply, defending him the best he could before he was slain. He was forcibly dragged away and taken back to the town he used to live in, where custody of him was given over to his mother. Despite having remarried, she was devastated to hear of her husband's death, though she was told he attacked first and was killed in self-defense.

One day, when Jaime was eleven-years old, his mother mysteriously went berserk and wreaked havoc in their town, putting several people in danger. There was no apparent reason for her to do so, but regardless, she was arrested and taken somewhere Jaime has no knowledge of to this day. He was confused and scared, but there was nothing he could do about it.

He and his stepfather (who isn't a Shifter) moved to the city, where he was fully registered as a Shifter. Nowadays, his stepfather ignores him most of the time, leaving him to fend for himself. When he does get noticed by him, it's usually not a good thing. He wants to live a normal life, but he is also afraid of being arrested like his mother, or killed like his father.

Other:
  • He is bisexual.
  • He is fully registered as a Shifter.
  • He's touch-starved and craves affection, but at the same time, he never asks for it or makes it obvious.

Also, another meme!

f1f70c19a7358ef8e4b83e4144d5baab.jpg
xk7ymDQ.png
Ooh, I'm a sucker for shapeshifter roleplays- I'd love to join if I can (though I'd have to figure out some neat animals first)!
By the way, I was wondering if the shapeshifters in this roleplay all start out with IDs, or if they could/would attempt to pass as "normal" citizens to forgo them? Sure, it's illegal, but I was wondering if they'd be able to get far without people noticing, as long as they didn't shift..
Ooh, I'm a sucker for shapeshifter roleplays- I'd love to join if I can (though I'd have to figure out some neat animals first)!
By the way, I was wondering if the shapeshifters in this roleplay all start out with IDs, or if they could/would attempt to pass as "normal" citizens to forgo them? Sure, it's illegal, but I was wondering if they'd be able to get far without people noticing, as long as they didn't shift..
LKF!
(They/Them)
Bogsneak Enjoyer
Comms - Art Search
[b]Name:[/b] Westley "West" Pearce [b]Age:[/b] 22 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Human appearance:[/b] A 5'0" man with a small stature, his black-cherry hair being short and fluffy. He has several piercings going up the sides of his ears, with most being simple studs. He tends to wear simple graphic tees with flowers on them, as well as overly baggy jeans cuffed at the ankles. [b]Mythos form:[/b] A wyvern standing at about 7ft tall when on all fours (12ft when standing up), with a wingspan of 14ft. He has iridescent black scales and a large hood like that of a cobra, as well as retractable fangs. He also has cool slitted eyes that can dilate like that of a cat's. [b]Mythos abilities:[/b] His fangs can disperse powerful venom, and he can choose how much to inject much like a snake can. He can also fly and see better in extreme dark and light due to his eyes being able to dilate and narrow to the extreme. [b]Mundane form:[/b] A cornsnake. Not even anything venomous, just a harmless little noodle. [b]Mundane 2 or Blended:[/b] He gets to keep his fangs and venom, as well as his funky fresh eyes. His fingernails turn into claws, and he gets to be tall, standing at 6'7". [b]Extra abilities:[/b] He can talk to snakes, and he looks really weird doing it (it's a mix of hissing and weird wavy head movements, as well as tongue flicking). [b]Personality:[/b] Consistently tired and overwhelmed, he tries to be responsible but can't muster up the energy to actually do so. He likes to garden in his spare time, as it's calming and fun for him. Real dad energy from this boy. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] +Plants + Herpetology + Energy drinks - Work - Any and all extra tasks [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] + Strength + Venom boy - muzzle [b]Backstory:[/b] [b]Other:[/b] [img]https://i.ibb.co/NrKmnmy/15law1udaa551.png[/img]
Name: Westley "West" Pearce
Human appearance: A 5'0" man with a small stature, his black-cherry hair being short and fluffy. He has several piercings going up the sides of his ears, with most being simple studs. He tends to wear simple graphic tees with flowers on them, as well as overly baggy jeans cuffed at the ankles.
Mythos form: A wyvern standing at about 7ft tall when on all fours (12ft when standing up), with a wingspan of 14ft. He has iridescent black scales and a large hood like that of a cobra, as well as retractable fangs. He also has cool slitted eyes that can dilate like that of a cat's.
Mythos abilities: His fangs can disperse powerful venom, and he can choose how much to inject much like a snake can. He can also fly and see better in extreme dark and light due to his eyes being able to dilate and narrow to the extreme.
Mundane form: A cornsnake. Not even anything venomous, just a harmless little noodle.
Mundane 2 or Blended: He gets to keep his fangs and venom, as well as his funky fresh eyes. His fingernails turn into claws, and he gets to be tall, standing at 6'7".
Extra abilities: He can talk to snakes, and he looks really weird doing it (it's a mix of hissing and weird wavy head movements, as well as tongue flicking).
Personality: Consistently tired and overwhelmed, he tries to be responsible but can't muster up the energy to actually do so. He likes to garden in his spare time, as it's calming and fun for him. Real dad energy from this boy.
Likes/Dislikes:
+Plants
+ Herpetology
+ Energy drinks
- Work
- Any and all extra tasks
Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ Strength
+ Venom boy
- muzzle
Backstory:
Other: 15law1udaa551.png

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[quote name="@LKF" date="2021-08-10 18:09:13" ] Ooh, I'm a sucker for shapeshifter roleplays- I'd love to join if I can (though I'd have to figure out some neat animals first)! By the way, I was wondering if the shapeshifters in this roleplay all start out with IDs, or if they could/would attempt to pass as "normal" citizens to forgo them? Sure, it's illegal, but I was wondering if they'd be able to get far without people noticing, as long as they didn't shift.. [/quote] Short answer: Yes. Longer answer, below. I mean... One of my characters is attempting that path in life. And Shapeshifters can hide among normies surprisingly well so long as they know how to react to certain things and sneaky use their mundane forms if they do shift. ------------------ @Tweeter101 Approved! And I'll add 'em to the list tomarow [s]And now I have solidified part of the idea for one of my other characters[/s] @SoulLugia11 (sorry if subbed) Also approved! and will be added to the list tomarrow
@LKF wrote on 2021-08-10 18:09:13:

Short answer: Yes. Longer answer, below.

I mean... One of my characters is attempting that path in life.
And Shapeshifters can hide among normies surprisingly well so long as they know how to react to certain things and sneaky use their mundane forms if they do shift.

@Tweeter101

Approved! And I'll add 'em to the list tomarow
And now I have solidified part of the idea for one of my other characters

@SoulLugia11 (sorry if subbed)
Also approved! and will be added to the list tomarrow
slXRG.gif

@/SmilodonLady (It's okay! I don't mind being pinged, even if I'm subbed! ^^)

@/Tweeter101

Aaaaaa I love Westley!! Characters with tired dad energy are among my favorite kinds of characters :D
@/SmilodonLady (It's okay! I don't mind being pinged, even if I'm subbed! ^^)

@/Tweeter101

Aaaaaa I love Westley!! Characters with tired dad energy are among my favorite kinds of characters :D
xk7ymDQ.png
Here they are! I hope they're alright! I'm tempted to throw in a second character, too... [b]Name:[/b] Leander "Lee" Bell [b]Age:[/b] 17 [b]Gender:[/b] Nonbinary; They use they/them pronouns! [b]Human appearance:[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/QLd1Idj.png[/img] [I]I don't really like the outfit but in my defense I doodled it at midnight. Also I can't draw cats but shh[/i] [b]Mythos form:[/b] [I]See above[/i] Their Mythos form resembles that of the mighty [b][i]Chimera,[/i][/b] being a large beast sporting the heads of a lion, goat, and snake. The lion and goat heads are alongside each other, and their limbs are dividied similarly into goat's hooves and lion paws. Though not pictured in the image, they have the scaly underbelly of a snake. [b]Mythos abilities:[/b] All three mouths spit both fire and foul-smelling, toxic fumes. The serpent's head can inject venom via its bite. Their multiple heads allow for increased vision, though they can only "focus" their decision making on one head at a time, with the other heads running on animal instinct. Their thick hide has resistance to fire, and is difficult (though not impossible!) to penetrate with a lot of puncturing weaponry. [b]Mundane form:[/b] Their first "discovered" mundane form was that of a goat, resembling a smaller version of the goat half of their Mythos form. This goat form is almost entirely the same black-brown color of the form, with the exception a golden patch on the right flank. It lacks the fangs and coiled horns of the Mythos form, instead having more goat-like teeth and duller, shorter horns. [b]Mundane 2 or Blended:[/b] They have a second mundane form, which is that of a lion with a dark brown-black patch on its left side! [b]Extra abilities:[/b] They retain a slight resistance to fire even in their human form, needing to be exposed to a flame for longer to be burned. [b]Personality:[/b] Leander struggles with their shifter identity and how shifters are perceived in society, though their desire to hide this facet of their existence leads to them bottling up their feelings about such situations. Typically hanging around humans rather than other shifters, they are almost constantly on edge, knowing that if they were discovered, they'd definitely be in hot water. This constant deception, combined with the denial of their own shifting tendencies and emotional well-being, causes Leander to be easily frustrated and skeptical. To many, Leander is a somewhat eccentric human with strange taste in hair colors, who's a bit [i]too[/i] interested in Shifter history. Though their father being a shifter is known in certain circles (they try to keep that a secret, though certain medical documents have to know), Leander claims that they simply took after their mother in terms of abilities. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] + They enjoy physical activity; rock climbing is a favorite of theirs, as is kickboxing. + They have a fondness for pets, though their mom wouldn't let them get one. - They dislike people who claim Shifters are unstable. While they rarely defend shifters out of fear of being caught, they [i]do[/i] insist that shifters "just need some self control." - The smell of raw meat or blood makes them feel ill, and risks causing a shift. They describe themselves as squeamish to hide the whole "lion wants to eat that raw steak" sort of thing. [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] + They're fit and on the muscular side due to frequently engaging in exercise activities. + Their fire resistance carries over between all forms, though some (Mythos) are more resistant than others (Human). + They are pretty good at lying, as their face and mannerisms don't change much when they do. - They don't know their own strength or abilities in most non-human forms, as they have gone years without shifting to most forms. - Between their active lifestyle and their shifter metabolism, Leander needs to eat [i]a lot.[/i] Hunger distracts them, and they easily get "hangry." - They aren't.... Entirely sure how to shift back to "normal" form if they shift, due to lack of experience. In the event that they do shift (the last time they did being over four years prior), they typically can't return to normal on their own until exhaustion sets in. [b]Backstory:[/b] Leander was born to a human mother and shifter father, though they never met the latter, as he was arrested after going on a (possibly chemically-induced) rampage before they were born. Leander ended up being a shifter like their father. Their mother, afraid of the same thing happening to her child, did everything she could to prevent Leander from utilizing their shifting powers. Though they had little control over this when they were younger, they were soon "trained" to not shift, going years at a time without shifting. They are [i]not[/i] registered as a shifter; their mother vehemently denied their shifting tendencies, and kept them home for most of their developmental years to suppress them, leading to them presenting as a "normal" human when they finally went on to school and other public activities. Since they didn't shift in public (or at all), their mother never felt the need to get them registered, which is a sentiment echoed by Leander. They won't deny having a bit of fear for the law, but they believe they exert a level of control that other shifters simply don't possess. [S]Oh, how wrong they are...[/s] [b]Other:[/b] [Img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/598945042694012928/874410485615845426/image0.jpg[/img]
Here they are! I hope they're alright!
I'm tempted to throw in a second character, too...

Name: Leander "Lee" Bell
Human appearance: QLd1Idj.png
I don't really like the outfit but in my defense I doodled it at midnight. Also I can't draw cats but shh
Mythos form: See above
Their Mythos form resembles that of the mighty Chimera, being a large beast sporting the heads of a lion, goat, and snake. The lion and goat heads are alongside each other, and their limbs are dividied similarly into goat's hooves and lion paws. Though not pictured in the image, they have the scaly underbelly of a snake.
Mythos abilities: All three mouths spit both fire and foul-smelling, toxic fumes. The serpent's head can inject venom via its bite. Their multiple heads allow for increased vision, though they can only "focus" their decision making on one head at a time, with the other heads running on animal instinct. Their thick hide has resistance to fire, and is difficult (though not impossible!) to penetrate with a lot of puncturing weaponry.
Mundane form: Their first "discovered" mundane form was that of a goat, resembling a smaller version of the goat half of their Mythos form. This goat form is almost entirely the same black-brown color of the form, with the exception a golden patch on the right flank. It lacks the fangs and coiled horns of the Mythos form, instead having more goat-like teeth and duller, shorter horns.
Mundane 2 or Blended: They have a second mundane form, which is that of a lion with a dark brown-black patch on its left side!
Extra abilities: They retain a slight resistance to fire even in their human form, needing to be exposed to a flame for longer to be burned.
Personality: Leander struggles with their shifter identity and how shifters are perceived in society, though their desire to hide this facet of their existence leads to them bottling up their feelings about such situations. Typically hanging around humans rather than other shifters, they are almost constantly on edge, knowing that if they were discovered, they'd definitely be in hot water. This constant deception, combined with the denial of their own shifting tendencies and emotional well-being, causes Leander to be easily frustrated and skeptical.
To many, Leander is a somewhat eccentric human with strange taste in hair colors, who's a bit too interested in Shifter history. Though their father being a shifter is known in certain circles (they try to keep that a secret, though certain medical documents have to know), Leander claims that they simply took after their mother in terms of abilities.
Likes/Dislikes:
+ They enjoy physical activity; rock climbing is a favorite of theirs, as is kickboxing.
+ They have a fondness for pets, though their mom wouldn't let them get one.
- They dislike people who claim Shifters are unstable. While they rarely defend shifters out of fear of being caught, they do insist that shifters "just need some self control."
- The smell of raw meat or blood makes them feel ill, and risks causing a shift. They describe themselves as squeamish to hide the whole "lion wants to eat that raw steak" sort of thing.
Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ They're fit and on the muscular side due to frequently engaging in exercise activities.
+ Their fire resistance carries over between all forms, though some (Mythos) are more resistant than others (Human).
+ They are pretty good at lying, as their face and mannerisms don't change much when they do.
- They don't know their own strength or abilities in most non-human forms, as they have gone years without shifting to most forms.
- Between their active lifestyle and their shifter metabolism, Leander needs to eat a lot. Hunger distracts them, and they easily get "hangry."
- They aren't.... Entirely sure how to shift back to "normal" form if they shift, due to lack of experience. In the event that they do shift (the last time they did being over four years prior), they typically can't return to normal on their own until exhaustion sets in.
Backstory: Leander was born to a human mother and shifter father, though they never met the latter, as he was arrested after going on a (possibly chemically-induced) rampage before they were born.
Leander ended up being a shifter like their father. Their mother, afraid of the same thing happening to her child, did everything she could to prevent Leander from utilizing their shifting powers. Though they had little control over this when they were younger, they were soon "trained" to not shift, going years at a time without shifting.
They are not registered as a shifter; their mother vehemently denied their shifting tendencies, and kept them home for most of their developmental years to suppress them, leading to them presenting as a "normal" human when they finally went on to school and other public activities. Since they didn't shift in public (or at all), their mother never felt the need to get them registered, which is a sentiment echoed by Leander. They won't deny having a bit of fear for the law, but they believe they exert a level of control that other shifters simply don't possess. Oh, how wrong they are...
Other:
image0.jpg
LKF!
(They/Them)
Bogsneak Enjoyer
Comms - Art Search
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35