Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When Two Worlds Collide IC (PJO)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Otto
Son of Cupid
Otto gratefully took June's hand and managed to pull himself up. At first, he was a bit wobbly on his feet, but he stopped on the spot a few times and the pain gradually went away. He then turned his eyes towards the bulls and told June, "thanks again, now, let's get back to work, shall we?" With that, he picked up his bow, slung his quiver over his back and took his stance, ready to fire at the monsters again.
Otto
Son of Cupid
Otto gratefully took June's hand and managed to pull himself up. At first, he was a bit wobbly on his feet, but he stopped on the spot a few times and the pain gradually went away. He then turned his eyes towards the bulls and told June, "thanks again, now, let's get back to work, shall we?" With that, he picked up his bow, slung his quiver over his back and took his stance, ready to fire at the monsters again.
1kbH.gif help me hatch!
June
Daughter of Ares

"Don't fall out of any more trees." June said wryly, scanning the hill.
June
Daughter of Ares

"Don't fall out of any more trees." June said wryly, scanning the hill.

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
Tempest
Daughter of Hurakan
There were a number of things Tempest could safely say were on her "not seen every day" list. Vicious, toothed chickens was one. Dogs made from rainbows were another. And on a normal day, she would have said metallic bovine creatures were also up there.

Today was not a normal day, it would seem.

Tempest looked down at the valley, frozen in her shock. She'd seen some strange things in her time, but this took the cake, right after reaching the Empty for the first time. A group of teenagers were trying - unsuccessfully, she might add - to defeat a pair of metal bulls. They were all armed, and for a moment Tempest wondered whether she should be running. But she couldn't leave when things looked so badly off down there. So against her better judgement, Tempest started to run down towards the fight, readying her double-sided pike as she went.
(Note: Tempest is not a Greek/Roman demigod, so you can shoot me questions if you have any. I apologize if there is any confusion.)
Tempest
Daughter of Hurakan
There were a number of things Tempest could safely say were on her "not seen every day" list. Vicious, toothed chickens was one. Dogs made from rainbows were another. And on a normal day, she would have said metallic bovine creatures were also up there.

Today was not a normal day, it would seem.

Tempest looked down at the valley, frozen in her shock. She'd seen some strange things in her time, but this took the cake, right after reaching the Empty for the first time. A group of teenagers were trying - unsuccessfully, she might add - to defeat a pair of metal bulls. They were all armed, and for a moment Tempest wondered whether she should be running. But she couldn't leave when things looked so badly off down there. So against her better judgement, Tempest started to run down towards the fight, readying her double-sided pike as she went.
(Note: Tempest is not a Greek/Roman demigod, so you can shoot me questions if you have any. I apologize if there is any confusion.)
Be-Funky-design.jpg _____________________________________
Call me Storm - She/Her - Writer
Consider joining my applyfic - Hunters
TD98mt2.png
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra spotted a girl, who seemed about 15-17 year old, running towards them. I don't recognize her... Who is she? Alexandra wondered, at the same time drawing out one of her throwing knives and throwing it at the metal bull. It was no use. The knife just bounced off it metal hide harmlessly. Groaning, she ducked out of the way of the bull's attacks, drawing her other knife and summoning the knife on the ground back to her, trying to aim for the bull's mouth so the mechanics inside could stop working.
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra spotted a girl, who seemed about 15-17 year old, running towards them. I don't recognize her... Who is she? Alexandra wondered, at the same time drawing out one of her throwing knives and throwing it at the metal bull. It was no use. The knife just bounced off it metal hide harmlessly. Groaning, she ducked out of the way of the bull's attacks, drawing her other knife and summoning the knife on the ground back to her, trying to aim for the bull's mouth so the mechanics inside could stop working.
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
Tempest
Daughter of Hurakan
This is not going to end well. Up close, the metal monsters were even bigger and scarier. She had no idea what to do or how to stop them, and seeing how useless the weapons wielded by the others were, Tempest didn't think her pike would be much use, unless she got in a good shock. Would the bulls be affected by electricity? Tempest wasn't sure, and was a bit too nervous about accidentally hitting another kid. She'd spent so long on her own that fighting as a team was a completely foreign concept to her.

Tempest debated dragging at least one of the behemoths into the Empty, where she would have the advantage. But first she'd have to touch one, and that didn't seem like it was going to happen before she got gored.

She skidded to a stop just outside of the monsters' range, eyeing them both with a calculating gaze and trying to block out the myriad of other teens.
Tempest
Daughter of Hurakan
This is not going to end well. Up close, the metal monsters were even bigger and scarier. She had no idea what to do or how to stop them, and seeing how useless the weapons wielded by the others were, Tempest didn't think her pike would be much use, unless she got in a good shock. Would the bulls be affected by electricity? Tempest wasn't sure, and was a bit too nervous about accidentally hitting another kid. She'd spent so long on her own that fighting as a team was a completely foreign concept to her.

Tempest debated dragging at least one of the behemoths into the Empty, where she would have the advantage. But first she'd have to touch one, and that didn't seem like it was going to happen before she got gored.

She skidded to a stop just outside of the monsters' range, eyeing them both with a calculating gaze and trying to block out the myriad of other teens.
Be-Funky-design.jpg _____________________________________
Call me Storm - She/Her - Writer
Consider joining my applyfic - Hunters
TD98mt2.png
CM
Son of Hecate

Mentally cursing, CM came out of his hiding spot, facing the bulls. Damn bulls are too stupid for illusion confusion! Guess I'll try.... He looked up at the nearby trees, and got what may have been the stupidest idea of all time. Better than nothing.

He climbed up one of the trees, balancing himself on one of the branches. He needed one of the bulls under him for this to work. He waved one of his arms to try and get the attention of somebody.

(boy's about to BotW Lynel on a bull-)
CM
Son of Hecate

Mentally cursing, CM came out of his hiding spot, facing the bulls. Damn bulls are too stupid for illusion confusion! Guess I'll try.... He looked up at the nearby trees, and got what may have been the stupidest idea of all time. Better than nothing.

He climbed up one of the trees, balancing himself on one of the branches. He needed one of the bulls under him for this to work. He waved one of his arms to try and get the attention of somebody.

(boy's about to BotW Lynel on a bull-)
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra focused on the bull. She contemplated whether she should use her throwing knives or bow, and decided that knives would deal the most damage. As for the girl she didn't know... She seemed to be trying to help them? But there was no time for questions now.

Alexandra tried to keep an eye on the bull while at the same time dodging its attacks. Panting, she saw an opening, and threw her knife. But her aim went off and the knife bounced off its face instead, clattering to the floor.
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra focused on the bull. She contemplated whether she should use her throwing knives or bow, and decided that knives would deal the most damage. As for the girl she didn't know... She seemed to be trying to help them? But there was no time for questions now.

Alexandra tried to keep an eye on the bull while at the same time dodging its attacks. Panting, she saw an opening, and threw her knife. But her aim went off and the knife bounced off its face instead, clattering to the floor.
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
Otto
Son of Cupid
Otto shot arrow after arrow at each of the bulls, each one miserably bpuncing off of the mechanical bulls' thick plating. Finally, he came down to his last arrow. Better make this one count, he thought. He loaded his bow, and waited for the perfect moment. Just then, he saw it, one of the bulls stopped for a moment and roared. He took his opportunity, he quickly took aim and shot the arrow down the bull's open mouth. A sickening grinding of metal against metal was heard, and the bull seemed to gag and shake it's head as if it was choking. That ought to teach them, he thought with a grin.
Otto
Son of Cupid
Otto shot arrow after arrow at each of the bulls, each one miserably bpuncing off of the mechanical bulls' thick plating. Finally, he came down to his last arrow. Better make this one count, he thought. He loaded his bow, and waited for the perfect moment. Just then, he saw it, one of the bulls stopped for a moment and roared. He took his opportunity, he quickly took aim and shot the arrow down the bull's open mouth. A sickening grinding of metal against metal was heard, and the bull seemed to gag and shake it's head as if it was choking. That ought to teach them, he thought with a grin.
1kbH.gif help me hatch!
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra sighed in relief. Thats one bull down... For now. She concluded, turning to face the other one, who seemed to have gotten even madder. It almost trampled her, but she rolled out of the way, her hand on her knife. Hm... Maybe I can try arrows too. With that, she took out her bow, drawing an arrow from her quiver and nocking it.
~Alexandra~
Daughter of Apollo

Alexandra sighed in relief. Thats one bull down... For now. She concluded, turning to face the other one, who seemed to have gotten even madder. It almost trampled her, but she rolled out of the way, her hand on her knife. Hm... Maybe I can try arrows too. With that, she took out her bow, drawing an arrow from her quiver and nocking it.
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
June Fray
Daughter of Ares
June raced towards the bull the archer had distracted and stabbed her spear into its eye with all her strength, falling backwards in an effort to escape its horns as it shook its head and roared, trying to dislodge the Celestial bronze weapon.

"Why won't these gods-d@mned bulls just die?!" She groaned as she recovered her footing, backing up a few steps.
June Fray
Daughter of Ares
June raced towards the bull the archer had distracted and stabbed her spear into its eye with all her strength, falling backwards in an effort to escape its horns as it shook its head and roared, trying to dislodge the Celestial bronze weapon.

"Why won't these gods-d@mned bulls just die?!" She groaned as she recovered her footing, backing up a few steps.

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18