Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Dg and Savvy
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
((thanks for the boop. the og ping for this got lost in all my other pings, sorry))

August couldn't believe what he was hearing. The triwizard tournament was a rarely occurring event due to the death tolls and the expenses. A lot of parents weren't willing to let their children participate in it for those same reasons. And now Clove was being asked to participate in it for another school while attending this one? She had only gone there for a year! And how was she not even reacting to any of that information? The boy sighed, running a hand through his short hair. Fortunately dinner was almost over. He could go and think about all of this later. Or find some way to talk to Clove about it.

Glancing at the girl, Casper rose his eyebrows. "Uh Clove?" he questioned, clearing his throat. "What exactly was that? And why are they wanting you to compete for them? Why not just let you compete for Hogwarts, since that's where you're attending right now anyway. And what's the ball they're talking about?"
((thanks for the boop. the og ping for this got lost in all my other pings, sorry))

August couldn't believe what he was hearing. The triwizard tournament was a rarely occurring event due to the death tolls and the expenses. A lot of parents weren't willing to let their children participate in it for those same reasons. And now Clove was being asked to participate in it for another school while attending this one? She had only gone there for a year! And how was she not even reacting to any of that information? The boy sighed, running a hand through his short hair. Fortunately dinner was almost over. He could go and think about all of this later. Or find some way to talk to Clove about it.

Glancing at the girl, Casper rose his eyebrows. "Uh Clove?" he questioned, clearing his throat. "What exactly was that? And why are they wanting you to compete for them? Why not just let you compete for Hogwarts, since that's where you're attending right now anyway. And what's the ball they're talking about?"
OqnJnVY.png 0nSweFO.gif dylZVxm.png
C L O V E R I O U S

She blinked then glanced at her bag where the invitation was before smiling sweetly "ah...Im working on a transmutation spell that I need to work with professor McGonagall on. " she said. she knew that wasn't what they meant..and she thought for a moment she could get away with telling them. But, it was all for not. "ah...they want me to compete for them because it was part of a deal." she said "I want to do something a little unorthodox for my future career...in return for them allowing me to take the necessary classes at their school without a full transfer...I simply have to place my name in the goblet of fire under their name....the likely hood of me being chosen though is slim....seeing as anyone eligible will put their name in...Most students there want to work in a field that having a win like that under their belt is a guaranteed job" she said. "I dont mind applying..." she said with a shrug as if the idea of such a deadly task as nothing.

It wasn't nothing though...it was her price to pay for living the life she wanted. If such a daunting life threatening task was given to her...it was nothing compared to being the person she wanted to be....nothing...nothing would stop her from what she wanted...not even the goblet of fire. Then the topic of the ball came up. She had to think of a way to explain it. "ah...well...it is just as its described a ball...much like the Yule Ball...except...its held in fall..." she explained "its called the Osenniye Ball...usually right after all the students go into a military-like training....teaching us to combat and friendly competition in the school goes on...as well...we form teams o up to fifteen students and participate in competitions for points...there are rewards given to groups depending on the number of points acquired...the ball is kind of like the opening for that.... it's usually where the groups are formed as well..."

she wasn't exactly sure how to explain it...but she hoped she got the point across "they want me to attend because my group came in second last year....the groups that get first, second, and third place...each have a special role during the ball the following year..." She smiled as she talked about it. it was a sweet soft smile...
C L O V E R I O U S

She blinked then glanced at her bag where the invitation was before smiling sweetly "ah...Im working on a transmutation spell that I need to work with professor McGonagall on. " she said. she knew that wasn't what they meant..and she thought for a moment she could get away with telling them. But, it was all for not. "ah...they want me to compete for them because it was part of a deal." she said "I want to do something a little unorthodox for my future career...in return for them allowing me to take the necessary classes at their school without a full transfer...I simply have to place my name in the goblet of fire under their name....the likely hood of me being chosen though is slim....seeing as anyone eligible will put their name in...Most students there want to work in a field that having a win like that under their belt is a guaranteed job" she said. "I dont mind applying..." she said with a shrug as if the idea of such a deadly task as nothing.

It wasn't nothing though...it was her price to pay for living the life she wanted. If such a daunting life threatening task was given to her...it was nothing compared to being the person she wanted to be....nothing...nothing would stop her from what she wanted...not even the goblet of fire. Then the topic of the ball came up. She had to think of a way to explain it. "ah...well...it is just as its described a ball...much like the Yule Ball...except...its held in fall..." she explained "its called the Osenniye Ball...usually right after all the students go into a military-like training....teaching us to combat and friendly competition in the school goes on...as well...we form teams o up to fifteen students and participate in competitions for points...there are rewards given to groups depending on the number of points acquired...the ball is kind of like the opening for that.... it's usually where the groups are formed as well..."

she wasn't exactly sure how to explain it...but she hoped she got the point across "they want me to attend because my group came in second last year....the groups that get first, second, and third place...each have a special role during the ball the following year..." She smiled as she talked about it. it was a sweet soft smile...
1f338.png 5bb420da6c0049a8f4927d7fc6d5c60f.png

Visit my hatchery--> Candlelight
Visit my art shop --> Kitty Corner
Visit My new Rps --> CT Equestrian
03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
He tried really hard not to eavesdrop. Honestly, he did. But August wanted to learn more about what Clove had done at that school all last year, why she had left in the first place, what had caused all of those changes. He knew that he couldn't come right out and ask those questions, at least not yet, but his curiosity was a fault of his, he knew that. The boy just wanted to know more. That didn't mean he had to like what he was hearing though. Clove would have to put her name in the Goblet of Fire for a different school. He couldn't root for his friend and his own school at the same time. She would likely have to stay with that school during the tasks as well, and work with them on their dance or whatever. She belonged at Hogwarts, not that Russian school. August had slowly drifted out of the conversations that he had started with the students around him and instead focused intently on the one happening a few spaces down surrounding the Ravenclaw girl. The conversation was cut short, however, when Dumbledore stood up to give his speech, which also signaled the end of dinner.

"I trust that each of you had a splendid day back at Hogwarts today, enjoying the companionship of your old friends and making some new ones." He glanced over at the Slytherin table as he said this, and a few whispers sprung up before he continued. "As I'm sure many of you are aware, the Triwizard Tournament will be held this year. In years past it has been an extremely dangerous series of tasks that witches and wizards must undertake, but recent rule changes have helped to make it safer. This has not changed it by much however. I can assure you that the schools that participated last year were just as successful and just as bruised afterward." The old wizard smiled with a twinkle in his eye and a few students chuckled. The Triwizard Tournament wouldn't be the same without some injuries and scars. Dumbledore waited for the chuckles to die down before he continued. "I am pleased to announce that we will be the hosts this year. Two other schools will be joining us. The Russians duelers of Koldovstoretz and the alchemists of the Stonehenge Society."

At the mention of the Stonehenge Society, August sat straight up and starred at the Headmaster. They were an elite school, one that was much more selective in their applicants than Hogwarts was. They accepted students who showed promise as alchemists and charm casters. Nicholas Flamel had studied there and was the headmaster for awhile as well. While it was a school for growing witches and wizards, it also had what could be considered a graduate program that was much more involved in potion making, spell casting, and other alchemical things. It likely wouldn't be the advanced students who would be coming, but he was excited none the less. If he didn't end up having his name drawn from the Goblet, August would likely have his attention on those students for a majority of the tasks.

"Normally Quidditch has been canceled when these sorts of events take place, but that will not be happening this year. Games will occur less often and will involve the Quidditch teams of these other schools as well. House points will be awarded in a slightly different manner, which will be discussed later. For whoever has their name drawn from the Goblet and also is on a Quittch team, they will participate in both. Now, off to bed with all of you. You'll all need your rest for the classes and exams that lay ahead of you."
He tried really hard not to eavesdrop. Honestly, he did. But August wanted to learn more about what Clove had done at that school all last year, why she had left in the first place, what had caused all of those changes. He knew that he couldn't come right out and ask those questions, at least not yet, but his curiosity was a fault of his, he knew that. The boy just wanted to know more. That didn't mean he had to like what he was hearing though. Clove would have to put her name in the Goblet of Fire for a different school. He couldn't root for his friend and his own school at the same time. She would likely have to stay with that school during the tasks as well, and work with them on their dance or whatever. She belonged at Hogwarts, not that Russian school. August had slowly drifted out of the conversations that he had started with the students around him and instead focused intently on the one happening a few spaces down surrounding the Ravenclaw girl. The conversation was cut short, however, when Dumbledore stood up to give his speech, which also signaled the end of dinner.

"I trust that each of you had a splendid day back at Hogwarts today, enjoying the companionship of your old friends and making some new ones." He glanced over at the Slytherin table as he said this, and a few whispers sprung up before he continued. "As I'm sure many of you are aware, the Triwizard Tournament will be held this year. In years past it has been an extremely dangerous series of tasks that witches and wizards must undertake, but recent rule changes have helped to make it safer. This has not changed it by much however. I can assure you that the schools that participated last year were just as successful and just as bruised afterward." The old wizard smiled with a twinkle in his eye and a few students chuckled. The Triwizard Tournament wouldn't be the same without some injuries and scars. Dumbledore waited for the chuckles to die down before he continued. "I am pleased to announce that we will be the hosts this year. Two other schools will be joining us. The Russians duelers of Koldovstoretz and the alchemists of the Stonehenge Society."

At the mention of the Stonehenge Society, August sat straight up and starred at the Headmaster. They were an elite school, one that was much more selective in their applicants than Hogwarts was. They accepted students who showed promise as alchemists and charm casters. Nicholas Flamel had studied there and was the headmaster for awhile as well. While it was a school for growing witches and wizards, it also had what could be considered a graduate program that was much more involved in potion making, spell casting, and other alchemical things. It likely wouldn't be the advanced students who would be coming, but he was excited none the less. If he didn't end up having his name drawn from the Goblet, August would likely have his attention on those students for a majority of the tasks.

"Normally Quidditch has been canceled when these sorts of events take place, but that will not be happening this year. Games will occur less often and will involve the Quidditch teams of these other schools as well. House points will be awarded in a slightly different manner, which will be discussed later. For whoever has their name drawn from the Goblet and also is on a Quittch team, they will participate in both. Now, off to bed with all of you. You'll all need your rest for the classes and exams that lay ahead of you."
C L O V E R I O U S

She looked honestly a bit disheartened that her conversation with her newfound companions was cut short. She stood from her seat and smiled "Please do talk to me any time you wish, I welcome the company" she said.

Noah, who had mozied his way over after his pouting session goes "Sis..im in some major need of cheering up." She glanced at her newfound chatting buddies before looking down at her brother and smiling much like a mother would "would you like me to make you some hot cocoa?" she asked.

The boy instantly perked up giving a nod "I knew there was a reason you were my favorite sister." he said. clove tossed his hair with her hand "im your only sister." before looking at the people who were sitting at the table with her "thank you for letting me sit and chat with you..." she said. Her eyes shifted to August and she sent him a secret 'I win' smile before linking arms with Noah.

She had proved to him...that it just took effort...and honestly she was nervous at first...but now she found she really liked those guys...and girl. She and Noah made their way out of the hall and found a spot to sit on the brick half wall. She pulled a mug out of her bag after tapping it with her wand. She then made him a piping hot cup of hot chocolate adding a few marshmallows and dark chocolate chunks on top.

"there you go" she said passing it to him. Noah took the mug and looked over at her "girls are oblivious." He said. Clove chuckled and tilted her head "and what gives you that impression?" she asked. Noah just sent her a look "You know I like her...gosh even the entire team knows I like her....but she doesn't." Noah whined. "Ah...but that doesn't make all girls oblivious...it just means you have to make it grand," she said looking up at the stars as she sat there with her brother. "Your oblivious too" he said.

Cloverious chuckled "ill have you know I'm rather attentive." she said. Noah scoffed and shook his head "you know what...just for that...I'll wait till you figure it out and have to suffer" he said sticking his tongue out.
C L O V E R I O U S

She looked honestly a bit disheartened that her conversation with her newfound companions was cut short. She stood from her seat and smiled "Please do talk to me any time you wish, I welcome the company" she said.

Noah, who had mozied his way over after his pouting session goes "Sis..im in some major need of cheering up." She glanced at her newfound chatting buddies before looking down at her brother and smiling much like a mother would "would you like me to make you some hot cocoa?" she asked.

The boy instantly perked up giving a nod "I knew there was a reason you were my favorite sister." he said. clove tossed his hair with her hand "im your only sister." before looking at the people who were sitting at the table with her "thank you for letting me sit and chat with you..." she said. Her eyes shifted to August and she sent him a secret 'I win' smile before linking arms with Noah.

She had proved to him...that it just took effort...and honestly she was nervous at first...but now she found she really liked those guys...and girl. She and Noah made their way out of the hall and found a spot to sit on the brick half wall. She pulled a mug out of her bag after tapping it with her wand. She then made him a piping hot cup of hot chocolate adding a few marshmallows and dark chocolate chunks on top.

"there you go" she said passing it to him. Noah took the mug and looked over at her "girls are oblivious." He said. Clove chuckled and tilted her head "and what gives you that impression?" she asked. Noah just sent her a look "You know I like her...gosh even the entire team knows I like her....but she doesn't." Noah whined. "Ah...but that doesn't make all girls oblivious...it just means you have to make it grand," she said looking up at the stars as she sat there with her brother. "Your oblivious too" he said.

Cloverious chuckled "ill have you know I'm rather attentive." she said. Noah scoffed and shook his head "you know what...just for that...I'll wait till you figure it out and have to suffer" he said sticking his tongue out.

03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
((glad to see that Noah is in on our little plot haha))

As the rest of the students clapped and began to stand up to leave to go to their forms, Teresa looked around. She told herself that she wasn't looking for anyone, in particular, wasn't trying to find someone in the crowd, but that was too big of a lie to tell herself. Finally spotting the head of hair and handsome face she was searching for, a small smile lit up her face before it was quickly wiped away. Noah had come to the Slytherin table to talk to a girl, it just wasn't who she wanted it to be. Clove had decided to sit at the table for some reason and he'd come to find her. She watched as the sad look on his face quickly changed to a wide grin as he talked to her and she could see the adoration and loving look that Clove returned to him. Though she was too far away to hear any of their words, she was close enough to see his smile. As they prepared to leave, Teresa swallowed sickly as she watched Clove turn and give her a smile that clearly said 'I win."

The Slytherin quickly turned away from the couple and gathered up her things, oddly quiet as she and her friends left. She knew that Clove had won, the girl didn't need to rub it in. During the conversations that Teresa had experienced with her, she didn't seem like the type to do that, but clearly she had been wrong. Maybe she should just avoid the couple from now on. It would just hurt her more. And for the girl to send her that look... it obviously meant that she knew about Teresa's crush on the boy, that she liked him as more than a friend. For her to slap that back in her face... it hurt. Swallowing again, the girl set her jaw. She would remain civil toward both of them, but she wouldn't let herself become real friends with them. Not after that.

August smiled and shook his head at the smile that his new friend gave him. Yes, it seems that she had won indeed. He would likely need to try a little harder to show her that he was trying at all. Though he doubted that he would ever go and sit at a different table for a meal, maybe he could try to talk to students from other houses before and after meals. Yawning and stretching, he decided that he would like to start tomorrow. Right now he just wanted to sleep and rest his weary body. It had been a hard game of paint balloons and he was still sore. Not to mention he had been doing a lot of new things today and that would be enough. Waving goodbye to Clove and her brother, he walked to the dungeons with his friends, making a point to catch up with Brandon and Casper as he did so.
((glad to see that Noah is in on our little plot haha))

As the rest of the students clapped and began to stand up to leave to go to their forms, Teresa looked around. She told herself that she wasn't looking for anyone, in particular, wasn't trying to find someone in the crowd, but that was too big of a lie to tell herself. Finally spotting the head of hair and handsome face she was searching for, a small smile lit up her face before it was quickly wiped away. Noah had come to the Slytherin table to talk to a girl, it just wasn't who she wanted it to be. Clove had decided to sit at the table for some reason and he'd come to find her. She watched as the sad look on his face quickly changed to a wide grin as he talked to her and she could see the adoration and loving look that Clove returned to him. Though she was too far away to hear any of their words, she was close enough to see his smile. As they prepared to leave, Teresa swallowed sickly as she watched Clove turn and give her a smile that clearly said 'I win."

The Slytherin quickly turned away from the couple and gathered up her things, oddly quiet as she and her friends left. She knew that Clove had won, the girl didn't need to rub it in. During the conversations that Teresa had experienced with her, she didn't seem like the type to do that, but clearly she had been wrong. Maybe she should just avoid the couple from now on. It would just hurt her more. And for the girl to send her that look... it obviously meant that she knew about Teresa's crush on the boy, that she liked him as more than a friend. For her to slap that back in her face... it hurt. Swallowing again, the girl set her jaw. She would remain civil toward both of them, but she wouldn't let herself become real friends with them. Not after that.

August smiled and shook his head at the smile that his new friend gave him. Yes, it seems that she had won indeed. He would likely need to try a little harder to show her that he was trying at all. Though he doubted that he would ever go and sit at a different table for a meal, maybe he could try to talk to students from other houses before and after meals. Yawning and stretching, he decided that he would like to start tomorrow. Right now he just wanted to sleep and rest his weary body. It had been a hard game of paint balloons and he was still sore. Not to mention he had been doing a lot of new things today and that would be enough. Waving goodbye to Clove and her brother, he walked to the dungeons with his friends, making a point to catch up with Brandon and Casper as he did so.
(( HHEHEHE Noah, as goofy as he is, is good at noticing at least something ))

(( doing a TS to tomorrow ))
C L O V E R I O U S

She woke up early. Very early. Before the rays of sun had even peppered the sky she was making her way out of the Ravenclaw common room and heading to the defence against the dark arts room. The moment she walked in she was met with all males, each holding a sword in their hand in some way.

Some were practicing, some were doing maintenance....and some were just admiring other club member's weapons. She liked the smell of the room. It smelled like paper and metal...and a tinge of magic. Her hair was tied up and she wore her Ravenclaw vest and a black pair of pants. Each house had their insignia and colors matched to their sparring clothes...and it seemed that Clove was one of two Ravenclaws. Unsurprisingly, the room was mostly Gryffindor and Slytherin.

with that in mind she Dropped her gym bag and pulled her hair up with a green ribbon the same color as her eyes. She tied it and smiled as she pulled her Sword out and began to check over it for any nicks or unclean edges. As she sat inspecting her sword she heard the steps of someone's boots before she saw their feet in front of her own. She looked up to see a Gryffindor smirking. "Ah you must be new...would you like me to show you how to use it?" he asked holding his hand out.

Ah...she hated people like this. They said things to sound nice...but...they were really just trying to assert their dominance....to prove they were better. That was the way of swordsman sometimes...Those taught by self-absorbed masters tended to become the same way. Cloverious only smiled and tilted her head slightly in the process "no I already know what I'm doing...but thank you for the offer that was very kind of you." she said.

He was taken back, clearly...the entire room didn't seem to notice the hidden incentive behind her words...and neither did the Gryffindor in front of her...that is except for the one other Ravenclaw in the back corner who smirked...he seemed to have figured it out rather quickly. She was baiting him...begging his pride to say the simple words. He was simple-minded really...and fell to her match of words almost instantly as he puffed his chest out and smirked: "well then...care to have a match?"

Cloverioius stood up and delicately held her sword as a proper lady would. "yes, it would be my pleasure" she said. He didn't notice the wording. His pride only swelled with her soft agreement...Most would say it would be an honor to someone they thought was equal or above their skill...she had inadvertently called him less...and he didn't even notice...

N O A H

He knew where she would be. And he knew it would probably lead to her having someone land on their a*s. No one really liked the swordsmanship club...they were stuck up and full of high-status people who believed they were better than everyone else...and some of them were sexist b*stards.

So of course, Noah wouldn't miss it for the world. the moment the sun began to hit the horizon he got out of bed and ran to the rooms of his teammates claiming "the stick clubs gonna get their a*ses handed to 'em!" That instantly got his usually not so morning people members up and dressed at the speed of lightning. Of course he couldn't go into the girl's dorm...So the two girl team members had to be called out by the boys yelling their names down the girls corridor....earning most of them vulgar gestures from those that didn't wish to also be woken up.

It was then that Noah and his friends walked passed Hunter making out with a girl in a dark corner. Noah never really had a problem with Hunter...granted Noah believed one girl should be enough...but HUnter was a childhood friend.. "YO!...Clove's first day with the stick boys" Noah said with a smirk.

That caused even the notorious Hunter to pull away from his latest and give a shocked look "you serious?...she gonna fight?" Noah gave Hunter a look before Hunterr rolled his eyes "ah...true..." he looked down at the girl in front of him and smiled touching her cheek "im sorry darlin'...but I must go watch history be made...and watch some pr*cks get their egos hurt" he said. Noah only scoffed "like your one to talk"

With that Hunter joined the group. They made their way to the double doors that were wide open to let in the cold morning breeze and they peaked in on the room...and anyone who passed by the group of 6 students put their fingers to their mouths "shhh" and pointed as CLove stood on the dueling mat holding a long slender sword her hair tied up with a green and black ribbon.
(( HHEHEHE Noah, as goofy as he is, is good at noticing at least something ))

(( doing a TS to tomorrow ))
C L O V E R I O U S

She woke up early. Very early. Before the rays of sun had even peppered the sky she was making her way out of the Ravenclaw common room and heading to the defence against the dark arts room. The moment she walked in she was met with all males, each holding a sword in their hand in some way.

Some were practicing, some were doing maintenance....and some were just admiring other club member's weapons. She liked the smell of the room. It smelled like paper and metal...and a tinge of magic. Her hair was tied up and she wore her Ravenclaw vest and a black pair of pants. Each house had their insignia and colors matched to their sparring clothes...and it seemed that Clove was one of two Ravenclaws. Unsurprisingly, the room was mostly Gryffindor and Slytherin.

with that in mind she Dropped her gym bag and pulled her hair up with a green ribbon the same color as her eyes. She tied it and smiled as she pulled her Sword out and began to check over it for any nicks or unclean edges. As she sat inspecting her sword she heard the steps of someone's boots before she saw their feet in front of her own. She looked up to see a Gryffindor smirking. "Ah you must be new...would you like me to show you how to use it?" he asked holding his hand out.

Ah...she hated people like this. They said things to sound nice...but...they were really just trying to assert their dominance....to prove they were better. That was the way of swordsman sometimes...Those taught by self-absorbed masters tended to become the same way. Cloverious only smiled and tilted her head slightly in the process "no I already know what I'm doing...but thank you for the offer that was very kind of you." she said.

He was taken back, clearly...the entire room didn't seem to notice the hidden incentive behind her words...and neither did the Gryffindor in front of her...that is except for the one other Ravenclaw in the back corner who smirked...he seemed to have figured it out rather quickly. She was baiting him...begging his pride to say the simple words. He was simple-minded really...and fell to her match of words almost instantly as he puffed his chest out and smirked: "well then...care to have a match?"

Cloverioius stood up and delicately held her sword as a proper lady would. "yes, it would be my pleasure" she said. He didn't notice the wording. His pride only swelled with her soft agreement...Most would say it would be an honor to someone they thought was equal or above their skill...she had inadvertently called him less...and he didn't even notice...

N O A H

He knew where she would be. And he knew it would probably lead to her having someone land on their a*s. No one really liked the swordsmanship club...they were stuck up and full of high-status people who believed they were better than everyone else...and some of them were sexist b*stards.

So of course, Noah wouldn't miss it for the world. the moment the sun began to hit the horizon he got out of bed and ran to the rooms of his teammates claiming "the stick clubs gonna get their a*ses handed to 'em!" That instantly got his usually not so morning people members up and dressed at the speed of lightning. Of course he couldn't go into the girl's dorm...So the two girl team members had to be called out by the boys yelling their names down the girls corridor....earning most of them vulgar gestures from those that didn't wish to also be woken up.

It was then that Noah and his friends walked passed Hunter making out with a girl in a dark corner. Noah never really had a problem with Hunter...granted Noah believed one girl should be enough...but HUnter was a childhood friend.. "YO!...Clove's first day with the stick boys" Noah said with a smirk.

That caused even the notorious Hunter to pull away from his latest and give a shocked look "you serious?...she gonna fight?" Noah gave Hunter a look before Hunterr rolled his eyes "ah...true..." he looked down at the girl in front of him and smiled touching her cheek "im sorry darlin'...but I must go watch history be made...and watch some pr*cks get their egos hurt" he said. Noah only scoffed "like your one to talk"

With that Hunter joined the group. They made their way to the double doors that were wide open to let in the cold morning breeze and they peaked in on the room...and anyone who passed by the group of 6 students put their fingers to their mouths "shhh" and pointed as CLove stood on the dueling mat holding a long slender sword her hair tied up with a green and black ribbon.

Teresa had needed an early start to her day. She wanted to make sure that she had breakfast, she wanted to make sure that she had everything ready for the day, wanted to make sure she was early to class... and she wanted to make sure that she could do all of that without having to see Noah. If she could avoid him for as long as she could, that would be great. Running her hand through her hair she sighed, already exhausted. Breakfast had been earlier than she wanted to in order to ensure that she didn't run into either Noah or Clove. Now she had holed herself up in a hallway, crosslegged in the corner of a hallway near the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom that she thought for sure would be empty. It was very much full of students who seemed to be playing with swords. Teresa didn't know who was in there but it was drawing a crowd.

He had slept better than he thought he would. August had woken up early and skipped breakfast so that he could fly on his broom instead. With the Triwizard Tournament coming up soon, he wanted to make sure that he got as much practice in as he could. He still hadn't decided whether or not he would put his name in the Goblet or not, but if he did, then he would have to train for two different things at the same time. There was no way that he was going to let his Quidditch skills slip in favor of winning a Tournament. Winning it wouldn't necessarily mean that he would be more likely to get into the Stonehenge Society, but it would look pretty nice on the resume. After practicing for a few hours, he headed back to the castle, intent on getting a shower taken and getting ready for classes. On his way to the dungeons and the Slytherin common room he passed by a few classrooms, one of which seemed to have drawn a crowd. Curiosity getting the better of him, he peeked inside to see a certain green-eyed girl with a sword in her hand.

It seemed that Hunter had moved on quickly from whoever the mystery girl was. Cassiandra couldn't have missed seeing him in the hallway even if she had tried. The new girl was shorter than Hunter, not much of a surprise, and she was a blonde, though it was painfully fake and she clearly needed to touch up her roots. There wasn't much else that the Veela girl could tell from the way that the two were positioned while they were snogging each others faces off. She had brushed past them and moved on, just like she did with everything else in her life. Fortunately for her, she was a professional at it. After getting a light breakfast she had headed to the library to do some light reading. Along the way, she paused outside of a classroom that had gathered a crowd, though once she saw that she was only a few people away from Hunter, she tried to sneak away.

((all is good now :) ))
Teresa had needed an early start to her day. She wanted to make sure that she had breakfast, she wanted to make sure that she had everything ready for the day, wanted to make sure she was early to class... and she wanted to make sure that she could do all of that without having to see Noah. If she could avoid him for as long as she could, that would be great. Running her hand through her hair she sighed, already exhausted. Breakfast had been earlier than she wanted to in order to ensure that she didn't run into either Noah or Clove. Now she had holed herself up in a hallway, crosslegged in the corner of a hallway near the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom that she thought for sure would be empty. It was very much full of students who seemed to be playing with swords. Teresa didn't know who was in there but it was drawing a crowd.

He had slept better than he thought he would. August had woken up early and skipped breakfast so that he could fly on his broom instead. With the Triwizard Tournament coming up soon, he wanted to make sure that he got as much practice in as he could. He still hadn't decided whether or not he would put his name in the Goblet or not, but if he did, then he would have to train for two different things at the same time. There was no way that he was going to let his Quidditch skills slip in favor of winning a Tournament. Winning it wouldn't necessarily mean that he would be more likely to get into the Stonehenge Society, but it would look pretty nice on the resume. After practicing for a few hours, he headed back to the castle, intent on getting a shower taken and getting ready for classes. On his way to the dungeons and the Slytherin common room he passed by a few classrooms, one of which seemed to have drawn a crowd. Curiosity getting the better of him, he peeked inside to see a certain green-eyed girl with a sword in her hand.

It seemed that Hunter had moved on quickly from whoever the mystery girl was. Cassiandra couldn't have missed seeing him in the hallway even if she had tried. The new girl was shorter than Hunter, not much of a surprise, and she was a blonde, though it was painfully fake and she clearly needed to touch up her roots. There wasn't much else that the Veela girl could tell from the way that the two were positioned while they were snogging each others faces off. She had brushed past them and moved on, just like she did with everything else in her life. Fortunately for her, she was a professional at it. After getting a light breakfast she had headed to the library to do some light reading. Along the way, she paused outside of a classroom that had gathered a crowd, though once she saw that she was only a few people away from Hunter, she tried to sneak away.

((all is good now :) ))
C L O V E R I O U S

Lockhart seemed rather unenthusiastic to have to start an official match so early in the morning but none the less agreed. Cloverious took a couple of swings with her blade and smiled. She Watched as the boy across from her positioned himself in a stance and brought his free hand up to his chest and bowed as he pointed the sword down towards the ground "Phillip Grein..best of luck" he said. Cloverious took a different route. She brought her feet into a curtsy position and elegantly tilted her head "Cloverious Rose...and unto you" she said. It was customary, of course, everyone usually bowed...but Clove was a Lady...and if he expected her to bow her head to a man of his stature...she would feel almost insulted...a crusty was adequate enough respect...she felt no need to act like a man...for she knew she could fight quite well as a woman.

He back faced the crowed that was forming but she knew it was there...and she had a rough idea who woke everyone up at the crack of dawn to watch. Cloverious Lifted her blade and smiled. Phillip did the same and smirked "ladies first" he said. She gave a sweet smile and took off after him. Their swords clashed with a resounding clank as she smiled back "how gentlemanly of you...."

She was fast, and waste no movement. Every movement of her arm, wrist, and feet were concise and never more than necessary. Granted this Phillip was an adequate swordsman....he held his stances and knew his parries. He was strong, an opponent she would be unable to beat in a war of strength "you know..." Clove said "I was once told that swordsmanship was much like a game of chess" she said as they sparred. "It is that theory that made me interested in it," she stated. her voice was soft and kind....but it was toned as if talking to a child.

He began to sweat just trying to keep up with her. he was strong...he knew that..but she was fast. It doesn't matter how strong you are...if you can't lift your sword up fast enough. She watched as the look in his eyes changed from confidence to anger...ah...now the real child has come to play. With that he began to speak...using words to throw her off "Seems we have accumulated an audience...Ill try to make you loose gracefully" he said lunging for her. Her feet shifted as if she was dancing her hair flashing before the boys eyes as she shifted to the side and turned facing the man who turned around in a rage. "I am always graceful" she said sweetly.

"Though it seems you have stumbled a bit...do tell me if it hurts..Im rather good at patching wounds" she said as if she was some sort of saintess. Yet it only seemed to anger him further.

"You want to learn to wield a sword?" Cloves mother asked as she cleaned the blade on her lap. Clove was no older than 7 at the time when she nodded staring at the golden blade that showed her own reflection. Her mother stood and pointed the blade at her daughter "Then Ill teach you...It is far more than a sport...It is a battle...of wits...and superiority." Cloves eyes shined...even with the the weapon pointed at her chest.

Cloverious Shifted her stance as Phillip came lunging for her. She could have blocked it...but it would only lead to something she did not want. She let the sword fly from her hand and embed itself just behind the boy she was sparring. "ah..pitty...it seems Iv lost my blade" she said as the boy smirked...his pride and ego swelling after the fatal wounds she had placed on it. As he seemed to think she would give up then she slide between his legs and grabbed her blade "Oh look...it has returned" she cooed. it is the one sport...in which you can shatter someones entire being...with a few words and a swing... her mothers words rang in her ear as she smiled at her opponent who was loosing his grip on sanity. Its a game of chess...and chess is always boring....if you win too quickly Her mothers words rang again and Clove swung.

Phillip was angry...he figured it out...that she was toying with him...it took him all of 15 minutes to figure it out but he figured it out "YOU BI-" He was cut off as he truly meant to strike her with his blade...truly meant to make her bleed...maybe even kill her....But he was on the ground just before his blade touched her throat. She looked down at the boy and pointed her blade between his eyes " She had used her leg to knock him off balance "a sword is not the only weapon in your arsenal" she said head held high. If one wasnt paying attention they also wouldn't have seen the look of superiority in her eyes as she looked down at him with green eyes that seemed to glow." She then gave a sweet smile and held her hand out to help him up.

The boy refused and turned his eyes away. Ah yes...his pride was broken....and a man like him without his pride and ego....was nothing more than a squeaky mouse. She turned to the other club members and held her sword over her shoulders "would anyone else like to play?" she asked sweetly.
N O A H

He dabbled. As in dabbled, he followed his sister when she practiced and learned a bit when he got bored. But he was miles away from the level that Cloverious played at. Swordplay was never a sport or an exercise...or a way to socialize...it was a game.

Noah's sister was always known as a rather sweet and kind shy girl...but there was a side of her that only Noah and Hunter knew about...that only they saw before today. When she held a sword....when she was in combat...she was like a fox, cunning and quick...and she wasnt scared to hit you where it hurt. She toyed and played with the people she sparred...and if they made her upset in any way...she cut them down by the root and made sure they wouldn't be able to stand for a long time...not physically...but mentally.

He loved watching this side of his sister....a part of her he saw in glimpses...Even when she was being cruel only someone paying close attention to her words...would truly understand what she would do...Hunter fell for it often...being baited into her words...and Noah...well...he was victim of her manipulation....If one thinks a snake is the most dangerous creature with its poison...they have never met a fox that will make you your own downfall.

Noah had seen enough and while everyone else still watched to see if another match would happen Noah left the crowd so that he could be first to breakfast...he was starving....and after that little joy of seeing those stuck up guys knocked down a peg...he felt a little pep in his step.
H U N T E R

He watched. But he did not watch with the anticipation of a fight..no he watched her dance...because he had been her dance partner at many occasions...It wasnt until an almost silvery strand of hair was in his periferal vision that he took his eyes off of her.

Hunter looked over at Cass. he smiled and leaned over "well well well...if it isn't Cassiandra" he said in a flirtatious tone. There was no point watching Clove...he saw the glint in her eyes moments before the match started....the boy was already done for the moment he made her mad. Clove may never show when she was angry or upset... but Hunter had learned to tell. there was no need for him to see the boy's downfall...it would be one that reminded him of his own when they first started high school....and he would rather not revisit those memories.

Hunter smirked as his ember eyes glanced at her "Where are you headed to? May I come?" he asked, though he it didnt matter because as he leaned over her shoulder with his hands in his pockets...He knew that she knew he would follow no matter what she said...Hunter wasnt exactly one to listen to others.

(( AHHH I had so much fun writing this...sorry went a little overboard ))
C L O V E R I O U S

Lockhart seemed rather unenthusiastic to have to start an official match so early in the morning but none the less agreed. Cloverious took a couple of swings with her blade and smiled. She Watched as the boy across from her positioned himself in a stance and brought his free hand up to his chest and bowed as he pointed the sword down towards the ground "Phillip Grein..best of luck" he said. Cloverious took a different route. She brought her feet into a curtsy position and elegantly tilted her head "Cloverious Rose...and unto you" she said. It was customary, of course, everyone usually bowed...but Clove was a Lady...and if he expected her to bow her head to a man of his stature...she would feel almost insulted...a crusty was adequate enough respect...she felt no need to act like a man...for she knew she could fight quite well as a woman.

He back faced the crowed that was forming but she knew it was there...and she had a rough idea who woke everyone up at the crack of dawn to watch. Cloverious Lifted her blade and smiled. Phillip did the same and smirked "ladies first" he said. She gave a sweet smile and took off after him. Their swords clashed with a resounding clank as she smiled back "how gentlemanly of you...."

She was fast, and waste no movement. Every movement of her arm, wrist, and feet were concise and never more than necessary. Granted this Phillip was an adequate swordsman....he held his stances and knew his parries. He was strong, an opponent she would be unable to beat in a war of strength "you know..." Clove said "I was once told that swordsmanship was much like a game of chess" she said as they sparred. "It is that theory that made me interested in it," she stated. her voice was soft and kind....but it was toned as if talking to a child.

He began to sweat just trying to keep up with her. he was strong...he knew that..but she was fast. It doesn't matter how strong you are...if you can't lift your sword up fast enough. She watched as the look in his eyes changed from confidence to anger...ah...now the real child has come to play. With that he began to speak...using words to throw her off "Seems we have accumulated an audience...Ill try to make you loose gracefully" he said lunging for her. Her feet shifted as if she was dancing her hair flashing before the boys eyes as she shifted to the side and turned facing the man who turned around in a rage. "I am always graceful" she said sweetly.

"Though it seems you have stumbled a bit...do tell me if it hurts..Im rather good at patching wounds" she said as if she was some sort of saintess. Yet it only seemed to anger him further.

"You want to learn to wield a sword?" Cloves mother asked as she cleaned the blade on her lap. Clove was no older than 7 at the time when she nodded staring at the golden blade that showed her own reflection. Her mother stood and pointed the blade at her daughter "Then Ill teach you...It is far more than a sport...It is a battle...of wits...and superiority." Cloves eyes shined...even with the the weapon pointed at her chest.

Cloverious Shifted her stance as Phillip came lunging for her. She could have blocked it...but it would only lead to something she did not want. She let the sword fly from her hand and embed itself just behind the boy she was sparring. "ah..pitty...it seems Iv lost my blade" she said as the boy smirked...his pride and ego swelling after the fatal wounds she had placed on it. As he seemed to think she would give up then she slide between his legs and grabbed her blade "Oh look...it has returned" she cooed. it is the one sport...in which you can shatter someones entire being...with a few words and a swing... her mothers words rang in her ear as she smiled at her opponent who was loosing his grip on sanity. Its a game of chess...and chess is always boring....if you win too quickly Her mothers words rang again and Clove swung.

Phillip was angry...he figured it out...that she was toying with him...it took him all of 15 minutes to figure it out but he figured it out "YOU BI-" He was cut off as he truly meant to strike her with his blade...truly meant to make her bleed...maybe even kill her....But he was on the ground just before his blade touched her throat. She looked down at the boy and pointed her blade between his eyes " She had used her leg to knock him off balance "a sword is not the only weapon in your arsenal" she said head held high. If one wasnt paying attention they also wouldn't have seen the look of superiority in her eyes as she looked down at him with green eyes that seemed to glow." She then gave a sweet smile and held her hand out to help him up.

The boy refused and turned his eyes away. Ah yes...his pride was broken....and a man like him without his pride and ego....was nothing more than a squeaky mouse. She turned to the other club members and held her sword over her shoulders "would anyone else like to play?" she asked sweetly.
N O A H

He dabbled. As in dabbled, he followed his sister when she practiced and learned a bit when he got bored. But he was miles away from the level that Cloverious played at. Swordplay was never a sport or an exercise...or a way to socialize...it was a game.

Noah's sister was always known as a rather sweet and kind shy girl...but there was a side of her that only Noah and Hunter knew about...that only they saw before today. When she held a sword....when she was in combat...she was like a fox, cunning and quick...and she wasnt scared to hit you where it hurt. She toyed and played with the people she sparred...and if they made her upset in any way...she cut them down by the root and made sure they wouldn't be able to stand for a long time...not physically...but mentally.

He loved watching this side of his sister....a part of her he saw in glimpses...Even when she was being cruel only someone paying close attention to her words...would truly understand what she would do...Hunter fell for it often...being baited into her words...and Noah...well...he was victim of her manipulation....If one thinks a snake is the most dangerous creature with its poison...they have never met a fox that will make you your own downfall.

Noah had seen enough and while everyone else still watched to see if another match would happen Noah left the crowd so that he could be first to breakfast...he was starving....and after that little joy of seeing those stuck up guys knocked down a peg...he felt a little pep in his step.
H U N T E R

He watched. But he did not watch with the anticipation of a fight..no he watched her dance...because he had been her dance partner at many occasions...It wasnt until an almost silvery strand of hair was in his periferal vision that he took his eyes off of her.

Hunter looked over at Cass. he smiled and leaned over "well well well...if it isn't Cassiandra" he said in a flirtatious tone. There was no point watching Clove...he saw the glint in her eyes moments before the match started....the boy was already done for the moment he made her mad. Clove may never show when she was angry or upset... but Hunter had learned to tell. there was no need for him to see the boy's downfall...it would be one that reminded him of his own when they first started high school....and he would rather not revisit those memories.

Hunter smirked as his ember eyes glanced at her "Where are you headed to? May I come?" he asked, though he it didnt matter because as he leaned over her shoulder with his hands in his pockets...He knew that she knew he would follow no matter what she said...Hunter wasnt exactly one to listen to others.

(( AHHH I had so much fun writing this...sorry went a little overboard ))

boop
boop

((gah, sorry again! i dunno what it is, but your pings keep getting either buried under a mountain of other pings or they're not going through. so, so sorry about that. i'll start checking the thread every time instead of relying on a ping))

He tried his best to hide the smile that bloomed across his face at her success, he really did. But there was just something so amusing about a petite girl like her beating a cocky guy like that. Although August didn't recognize the Gryffindor, though that didn't mean much, he could tell that he was the kind of person who thought very highly of himself and everything that he did. Those kind of people were dangerous when they were mad because they thought they could do whatever they thought and get away with it. He knew several Slytherins like that, though he made a special point to avoid them whenever he could. They weren't the kind of people that he wanted to surround himself with. Several other students applauded Clove's victory and the dark-haired boy did the same, grinning widely at her and winking when he caught her eye. He was still somewhat sweaty, his clothes sticking to him somewhat, so with a quick wave and a smile, he turned to continue his way toward the dungeons so he could shower and get cleaned up.

Noticing Noah up ahead, he quirked his mouth, thinking for a moment. They hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms the day before and while he wasn't looking forward to another conversation potentially ending that way, he knew that he wouldn't be able to avoid the kid forever. "Hey Noah," he called out, jogging a bit to catch up to the Hufflepuff. "I didn't know Clove was that skilled with a sword. Guess it makes sense now why she went to that Russian school."

At the sound of the name of the boy she was trying to avoid, Teresa squeaked and looked around quickly, wondering if he had spotted her at all. Glancing down the hallway, she noticed that Noah and a familiar-looking Slytherin were talking and she breathed a quick sigh of relief. Thankfully she remained unseen, but that might not last forever, as they were walking in her direction. Shoving herself more into the corner of the wall, she tried to look busy, hoping they would just pass her by. But as they neared and she heard the topic of their conversation, she scowled. It appeared as if the only topic on anyone's mind these days was Clove. All of her friends had talked about the new girl last night, how brave (or stupid) she was to sit at their table, the boys were all talking about how she had patched everyone up at the game, and so on. It was exhausting, really, listening to everyone talk about Noah's girlfriend when that was the one topic that she wanted to avoid.

Obviously she needed to work on her sneaking skills. Withholding a Cassiandra, she turned toward the redhead and gave him a cold look, the nickname "ice queen" echoing in her head as she did. Hunter wasn't actually the one who had come up with it, though he certainly used it more often to her face than anyone else. Some boy who had been personally insulted by her lack of interest in him had started the trend and she would hear students whispering about her as she walked down the hallways and studied in the library. At first, it had been distracting, but she no longer cared. So long as they weren't staring at her because of her beauty, even if it was eyes full of anger and reproach. "Hunter, you never listen to what anyone says anyway, so what's the point in saying no?" She turned away and stepped out of the crowd, knowing that the boy would follow her. There were times where he was very predictable, and this was one of them. He wasn't going to let her have the last word.
((gah, sorry again! i dunno what it is, but your pings keep getting either buried under a mountain of other pings or they're not going through. so, so sorry about that. i'll start checking the thread every time instead of relying on a ping))

He tried his best to hide the smile that bloomed across his face at her success, he really did. But there was just something so amusing about a petite girl like her beating a cocky guy like that. Although August didn't recognize the Gryffindor, though that didn't mean much, he could tell that he was the kind of person who thought very highly of himself and everything that he did. Those kind of people were dangerous when they were mad because they thought they could do whatever they thought and get away with it. He knew several Slytherins like that, though he made a special point to avoid them whenever he could. They weren't the kind of people that he wanted to surround himself with. Several other students applauded Clove's victory and the dark-haired boy did the same, grinning widely at her and winking when he caught her eye. He was still somewhat sweaty, his clothes sticking to him somewhat, so with a quick wave and a smile, he turned to continue his way toward the dungeons so he could shower and get cleaned up.

Noticing Noah up ahead, he quirked his mouth, thinking for a moment. They hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms the day before and while he wasn't looking forward to another conversation potentially ending that way, he knew that he wouldn't be able to avoid the kid forever. "Hey Noah," he called out, jogging a bit to catch up to the Hufflepuff. "I didn't know Clove was that skilled with a sword. Guess it makes sense now why she went to that Russian school."

At the sound of the name of the boy she was trying to avoid, Teresa squeaked and looked around quickly, wondering if he had spotted her at all. Glancing down the hallway, she noticed that Noah and a familiar-looking Slytherin were talking and she breathed a quick sigh of relief. Thankfully she remained unseen, but that might not last forever, as they were walking in her direction. Shoving herself more into the corner of the wall, she tried to look busy, hoping they would just pass her by. But as they neared and she heard the topic of their conversation, she scowled. It appeared as if the only topic on anyone's mind these days was Clove. All of her friends had talked about the new girl last night, how brave (or stupid) she was to sit at their table, the boys were all talking about how she had patched everyone up at the game, and so on. It was exhausting, really, listening to everyone talk about Noah's girlfriend when that was the one topic that she wanted to avoid.

Obviously she needed to work on her sneaking skills. Withholding a Cassiandra, she turned toward the redhead and gave him a cold look, the nickname "ice queen" echoing in her head as she did. Hunter wasn't actually the one who had come up with it, though he certainly used it more often to her face than anyone else. Some boy who had been personally insulted by her lack of interest in him had started the trend and she would hear students whispering about her as she walked down the hallways and studied in the library. At first, it had been distracting, but she no longer cared. So long as they weren't staring at her because of her beauty, even if it was eyes full of anger and reproach. "Hunter, you never listen to what anyone says anyway, so what's the point in saying no?" She turned away and stepped out of the crowd, knowing that the boy would follow her. There were times where he was very predictable, and this was one of them. He wasn't going to let her have the last word.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11