Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Dg and Savvy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
((gonna ignore August for now))

"Um, hi," she replied, somewhat unsure of what else to say. Now that she could see them more clearly, she knew they weren't in her house. It surprised her quite a bit, especially because of her own house. Every other interaction she'd had with other houses hadn't always been bad, but they'd been awkward. This would probably be the same way. Swallowing slightly, she shook the boy's offered hand. When he reintroduced him and his sister much more formally she bit the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling. She didn't want to fall into a false sense of security and then wind up making a fool of herself.

"I, um, was just wandering around and trying to find something else. I didn't realize that the kitchen was here," she lied, trying not to wince. She never liked lying, not even to strangers. But she was beginning to feel like she was in the spotlight, as many of the elves had stopped moving around to watch the interaction. "I don't want to interrupt whatever you guys are doing. I'll get going now. I've got classes tomorrow." Tess turned around stiffly and left, shutting the portrait door behind her. She knew her face had been a bright red the whole time and she covered her face with her hands. A groan escaped her lips and she slid down the wall, sitting on the cold floor. "Why can't you just be friends with friendly people Tess?" she asked herself, though knowing there was no answer.
((gonna ignore August for now))

"Um, hi," she replied, somewhat unsure of what else to say. Now that she could see them more clearly, she knew they weren't in her house. It surprised her quite a bit, especially because of her own house. Every other interaction she'd had with other houses hadn't always been bad, but they'd been awkward. This would probably be the same way. Swallowing slightly, she shook the boy's offered hand. When he reintroduced him and his sister much more formally she bit the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling. She didn't want to fall into a false sense of security and then wind up making a fool of herself.

"I, um, was just wandering around and trying to find something else. I didn't realize that the kitchen was here," she lied, trying not to wince. She never liked lying, not even to strangers. But she was beginning to feel like she was in the spotlight, as many of the elves had stopped moving around to watch the interaction. "I don't want to interrupt whatever you guys are doing. I'll get going now. I've got classes tomorrow." Tess turned around stiffly and left, shutting the portrait door behind her. She knew her face had been a bright red the whole time and she covered her face with her hands. A groan escaped her lips and she slid down the wall, sitting on the cold floor. "Why can't you just be friends with friendly people Tess?" she asked herself, though knowing there was no answer.
OqnJnVY.png 0nSweFO.gif dylZVxm.png
N O A H

He watched as she walked away and glanced at his sister who had an expression on her face he couldn't quite understand. "well...lets Finnish these up and I'll have you take them to your dorm." Despite Noah being good at making sweets, he didn't actually eat them much. If anything, his need to make sweets started when Clove began to shut down after their first year. He glanced over at her and wondered what happened...wondered what made her drop her shell...and wondered if this was the real her...if this person was who she was now

Only a year...that's all it took he realized. A year was all it took for Clove to seem like half a stranger. A smile that seemed different...and despite the same emerald eyes staring at him...those seemed like the eyes of someone else as well. He pulled the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and set them on the counter "It surprised me when I saw your hair so long..you usually cut it once every two or three weeks..." he said glancing over at her from where he was icing the sweet treats.
C L O V E R I O U S

Clove picked up the end of her wavy hair and smiled slightly "I guess. I just...hate it a little less than I used to....so...I let it grow" she said looking up at Noah. Clove could tell from the way he was acting. He was feeling awkward. She could understand why she was no longer the quiet shy girl who walked with her head tucked into a book.

She walked over to Noah and took a deep breath before burying her head in his chest. "we both knew...I had issues....and I know you didn't want me to go...but I needed to get away...from it all, for just a little while...to get control over this...ability of mine...I'm better now...and I have a familiar....you should meet him...I think you'd like him."

Noah wrapped his arms around her small shoulders and ran his fingers through her hair before she felt him nod ever so slightly. "Okay...Id like that," he said. There were so many problems...so many elephants in the room that it seemed suffocating sometimes. They both knew that, and slowly...they are facing them, one at a time, at their own paces...in their own time...maybe one day they both hoped they wouldn't be so messed up due to their family.

Clove pulled away and picked up her plate of sweets and smiled "Im going to head back to bed...So...I'll take these...and you should head back to your dorm.....see you later." she said kissing his cheek before leaving the room.

By the time Clove made it back to her room everyone was already asleep...Clove spent the rest of the night eating her snack and sitting in the windowsill of the common room letting the cool air brush against her skin until the sun rose.
N O A H

He watched as she walked away and glanced at his sister who had an expression on her face he couldn't quite understand. "well...lets Finnish these up and I'll have you take them to your dorm." Despite Noah being good at making sweets, he didn't actually eat them much. If anything, his need to make sweets started when Clove began to shut down after their first year. He glanced over at her and wondered what happened...wondered what made her drop her shell...and wondered if this was the real her...if this person was who she was now

Only a year...that's all it took he realized. A year was all it took for Clove to seem like half a stranger. A smile that seemed different...and despite the same emerald eyes staring at him...those seemed like the eyes of someone else as well. He pulled the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and set them on the counter "It surprised me when I saw your hair so long..you usually cut it once every two or three weeks..." he said glancing over at her from where he was icing the sweet treats.
C L O V E R I O U S

Clove picked up the end of her wavy hair and smiled slightly "I guess. I just...hate it a little less than I used to....so...I let it grow" she said looking up at Noah. Clove could tell from the way he was acting. He was feeling awkward. She could understand why she was no longer the quiet shy girl who walked with her head tucked into a book.

She walked over to Noah and took a deep breath before burying her head in his chest. "we both knew...I had issues....and I know you didn't want me to go...but I needed to get away...from it all, for just a little while...to get control over this...ability of mine...I'm better now...and I have a familiar....you should meet him...I think you'd like him."

Noah wrapped his arms around her small shoulders and ran his fingers through her hair before she felt him nod ever so slightly. "Okay...Id like that," he said. There were so many problems...so many elephants in the room that it seemed suffocating sometimes. They both knew that, and slowly...they are facing them, one at a time, at their own paces...in their own time...maybe one day they both hoped they wouldn't be so messed up due to their family.

Clove pulled away and picked up her plate of sweets and smiled "Im going to head back to bed...So...I'll take these...and you should head back to your dorm.....see you later." she said kissing his cheek before leaving the room.

By the time Clove made it back to her room everyone was already asleep...Clove spent the rest of the night eating her snack and sitting in the windowsill of the common room letting the cool air brush against her skin until the sun rose.
1f338.png 5bb420da6c0049a8f4927d7fc6d5c60f.png

Visit my hatchery--> Candlelight
Visit my art shop --> Kitty Corner
Visit My new Rps --> CT Equestrian
03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
(Sorry for taking so long, I was trying to come up with a school schedule for them haha it involved a lot more research than I thought it would)

August hadn't been able to sleep very well. It was his usual collection of dreams, snippets of memories of his first year at Hogwarts, and other moments that made him wish he wasn't Slytherin. Then maybe he would have been able to be friends with Clove. But she wasn't even here anymore and no one knew why. So instead of laying in bed until breakfast, he decided to go study his schedule in the Great Hall until food appeared. Gathering his things for the day, he left the dungeons, careful not to wake any of the portraits. He had learned that lesson the hard way.

The Great Hall was never eerie when it was empty. It had a sort of calming effect on him. The ceiling this morning was pink and gold and still had the faintest hints of stars. The candles were out though the sconces on the walls were lit, providing enough light, along with the large window at the far end. Placing his things on the table, He took out his schedule and stifled a groan. History with Binns was his first class. The only fortunate thing was that it was with Hufflepuffs, and they would sometimes purposely derail the conversation. They'd ask questions about events in history that were actually interesting and Binns would drone on about that for a while before he got back on track. So maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Students started to file in and breakfast soon appeared on the table, the steam smelling more delicious than any food he'd had at home. The house-elves always had a special kind of touch when it came to food. Grinning, he wolfed down several pancakes and struck up conversations with those around him. The girls always blushed and stuttered, which August found all too amusing. Once he was finished, he made his way to the classroom, intent on grabbing a seat in the back of the class where he could discreetly work on the Slytherin team's practice schedule for Quidditch that year.

It was nearly time for classes to start when Teresa rolled out of bed. She woke slowly, eyes blinking in dazed confusion at all of the empty beds around her. It took her several minutes before she realized that she had likely missed breakfast and was going to be late for class. With a yelp she vaulted out of bed, letting her hair bounce around behind her. She dressed quickly, tieing her tie and throwing on her robe as she raced down the hallway. History was never one of her favorite subjects, but it was never a good idea to be late. A wave of her wand pushed her hair into a ponytail and managed to tame the friz. She got to the door with a few minutes to spare and walked in, searching for an empty desk. There was only one left, in the middle of all the other desks, just where she liked. She couldn't tell who was sitting there as their back was to her, but she was sure they wouldn't mind her sitting there.
(Sorry for taking so long, I was trying to come up with a school schedule for them haha it involved a lot more research than I thought it would)

August hadn't been able to sleep very well. It was his usual collection of dreams, snippets of memories of his first year at Hogwarts, and other moments that made him wish he wasn't Slytherin. Then maybe he would have been able to be friends with Clove. But she wasn't even here anymore and no one knew why. So instead of laying in bed until breakfast, he decided to go study his schedule in the Great Hall until food appeared. Gathering his things for the day, he left the dungeons, careful not to wake any of the portraits. He had learned that lesson the hard way.

The Great Hall was never eerie when it was empty. It had a sort of calming effect on him. The ceiling this morning was pink and gold and still had the faintest hints of stars. The candles were out though the sconces on the walls were lit, providing enough light, along with the large window at the far end. Placing his things on the table, He took out his schedule and stifled a groan. History with Binns was his first class. The only fortunate thing was that it was with Hufflepuffs, and they would sometimes purposely derail the conversation. They'd ask questions about events in history that were actually interesting and Binns would drone on about that for a while before he got back on track. So maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Students started to file in and breakfast soon appeared on the table, the steam smelling more delicious than any food he'd had at home. The house-elves always had a special kind of touch when it came to food. Grinning, he wolfed down several pancakes and struck up conversations with those around him. The girls always blushed and stuttered, which August found all too amusing. Once he was finished, he made his way to the classroom, intent on grabbing a seat in the back of the class where he could discreetly work on the Slytherin team's practice schedule for Quidditch that year.

It was nearly time for classes to start when Teresa rolled out of bed. She woke slowly, eyes blinking in dazed confusion at all of the empty beds around her. It took her several minutes before she realized that she had likely missed breakfast and was going to be late for class. With a yelp she vaulted out of bed, letting her hair bounce around behind her. She dressed quickly, tieing her tie and throwing on her robe as she raced down the hallway. History was never one of her favorite subjects, but it was never a good idea to be late. A wave of her wand pushed her hair into a ponytail and managed to tame the friz. She got to the door with a few minutes to spare and walked in, searching for an empty desk. There was only one left, in the middle of all the other desks, just where she liked. She couldn't tell who was sitting there as their back was to her, but she was sure they wouldn't mind her sitting there.
[center][size=6][font=Century]N O A H[/font][/size][/center] ------------ Noah had woken up early enough to get to class before the rush of most students. He chose a seat near the middle of the isles so he could easily slip out of the classroom the moment things got too boring, or zip ut the moment class ended. It wasn't his usual spot, but he wanted to see clove. A girl with dark curly hair sat next to him just in time, almost as if it was planned. He could hear her slight heavy breathing and decided it wasn't exactly planned. He turned to the girl and smiled when he realized who it was. He shuffled through his bag and pulled out a single cinnamon roll that was in a small plastic bag and slid it her way sending her a sideways smile before the teacher walked in. He picked up his quill and opened his notebook for class. Before the teacher could turn around to see a white note shaped like a small fox floated mid-air into the room and unfolded itself the moment his fingers touched its nose. [center][i]My schedule this morning is as follows, thought you would need it. [emoji=raven size=1] Astronomy I Care of Magical Creatures II Herbology III Would you like to meet me after the second bell? Thought I'd test those sword skills of yours. Yours truly, [emoji=four leaf clover size=1][/i][/center] There was no name but the drawing of a four-leaf clover at the bottom made it easy for him to know who the letter was from. Of course, the perfect and delicate handwriting was something he wouldn't mistaken, so even if she hadn't he would know. Writing a quick reply he waved his wand and the piece of paper folded itself into the shape of a swan and left the room. Then the class began and Noah couldn't be happier. Even as history was going in one ear and out the other, his slightly goofy grin couldn't be contained. [center][size=6][font=Century]C L O V E R I O U S[/font][/size][/center] ------------ It was a rather rough morning. Of course, she had gotten to the classroom for astronomy long before anyone else and chose a seat off in the corner of the room in the front row. Up until that point, everything had gone fine. She found her classroom, was early, got to get familiar with the classroom layout. She even had some time to familiarize herself with the first chapter they would most likely be working on this semester. All was absolutely fine until the first couple of students began to trickle in. A girl with light blonde hair strolled in and slammed her hands on the desk where Clove was sitting. Clove let out a long sigh, she didn't think she would have to deal with this here...at least not yet. She slowly brought her emerald eyes up to meet the girls "may I help you?" She asked. The blonde clicked her tongue and said "You think you are all that....making an entrance like that yesterday....who even are you?!" she hissed. Clove let out another long sigh and closed her book and placed it in her lap, she didn't want it getting destroyed if this girl lost her temper even further. Clove looked at the girl again and said "I do apologies for being late, but I had to pick up my uniform after my transfer. If you need confirmation you can take it up with Professor McGonagall. Now, I would really appreciate it if you took your hand off my desk" Clove sent the girl a soft smile but her eyes held something else in them that caused the girl to instantly take her hands off the desk and back away. "thank you" Clove said before pulling her book back out and continuing to read. The blonde girl huffed and walked away to a seat that happened to be furthest from Cloves. After that entire shabackle, she knew she wouldn't be invisible to the classroom any longer, not that she seemed to be from the beginning. Guys continuously walked up to her and asked her where she was from, why she transferred here, where she transferred from, her name, her class schedule....if they could ask it, they probably did. Clove finally got some rest when the first bell rang and the professor walked into the room to begin class.
N O A H

Noah had woken up early enough to get to class before the rush of most students. He chose a seat near the middle of the isles so he could easily slip out of the classroom the moment things got too boring, or zip ut the moment class ended. It wasn't his usual spot, but he wanted to see clove.

A girl with dark curly hair sat next to him just in time, almost as if it was planned. He could hear her slight heavy breathing and decided it wasn't exactly planned. He turned to the girl and smiled when he realized who it was. He shuffled through his bag and pulled out a single cinnamon roll that was in a small plastic bag and slid it her way sending her a sideways smile before the teacher walked in. He picked up his quill and opened his notebook for class.

Before the teacher could turn around to see a white note shaped like a small fox floated mid-air into the room and unfolded itself the moment his fingers touched its nose.
My schedule this morning is as follows, thought you would need it.

Astronomy I

Care of Magical Creatures II

Herbology III

Would you like to meet me after the second bell? Thought I'd test those sword skills of yours.

Yours truly,

There was no name but the drawing of a four-leaf clover at the bottom made it easy for him to know who the letter was from. Of course, the perfect and delicate handwriting was something he wouldn't mistaken, so even if she hadn't he would know. Writing a quick reply he waved his wand and the piece of paper folded itself into the shape of a swan and left the room.

Then the class began and Noah couldn't be happier. Even as history was going in one ear and out the other, his slightly goofy grin couldn't be contained.

C L O V E R I O U S

It was a rather rough morning. Of course, she had gotten to the classroom for astronomy long before anyone else and chose a seat off in the corner of the room in the front row. Up until that point, everything had gone fine. She found her classroom, was early, got to get familiar with the classroom layout. She even had some time to familiarize herself with the first chapter they would most likely be working on this semester.

All was absolutely fine until the first couple of students began to trickle in. A girl with light blonde hair strolled in and slammed her hands on the desk where Clove was sitting. Clove let out a long sigh, she didn't think she would have to deal with this here...at least not yet. She slowly brought her emerald eyes up to meet the girls "may I help you?" She asked.

The blonde clicked her tongue and said "You think you are all that....making an entrance like that yesterday....who even are you?!" she hissed. Clove let out another long sigh and closed her book and placed it in her lap, she didn't want it getting destroyed if this girl lost her temper even further. Clove looked at the girl again and said "I do apologies for being late, but I had to pick up my uniform after my transfer. If you need confirmation you can take it up with Professor McGonagall. Now, I would really appreciate it if you took your hand off my desk" Clove sent the girl a soft smile but her eyes held something else in them that caused the girl to instantly take her hands off the desk and back away. "thank you" Clove said before pulling her book back out and continuing to read.

The blonde girl huffed and walked away to a seat that happened to be furthest from Cloves. After that entire shabackle, she knew she wouldn't be invisible to the classroom any longer, not that she seemed to be from the beginning. Guys continuously walked up to her and asked her where she was from, why she transferred here, where she transferred from, her name, her class schedule....if they could ask it, they probably did.

Clove finally got some rest when the first bell rang and the professor walked into the room to begin class.

03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
((so i figured that with our characters all having different career paths in mind, their schedules would be different even if they're in the same house. so i made up a table of my children's classes. you can have any of them correlate with your own characters, that way we can have plot stuff in classes haha))

The classroom filled up quickly the closer it got to the beginning of class and August leaned back in his chair. No one seemed to enjoy having history as their first class of the day, and some students looked as if they were just prepared to sit through the whole class. Just as class was about to begin, a Slytherin girl scrambled through the door, snagging a seat in the middle of the room. He didn't recognize her immediately but knew that she was in his same year. Noticing who she sat next to, August sighed. It was Clove's brother whose name he could never quite remember. The two seemed somewhat friendly, seeing as who he was giving her food and all. In other classes that the two of them had shared, he hadn't noticed him do that with anyone else. He normally didn't even exchange any words with whoever sat next to him.

As Binns flew through the chalkboard to signal the beginning of class, the shuffling of paper filled the room. Someone had suggested that wizards and witches start using a muggle tool called a pencil and a pen and the two writing tools quickly became popular. Clicking his own pen a few times, August began to draw up a time table, barely listening to the words of the professor while he organized the training schedule for Quidditch. After this, he would have Care of Magical Creatures, which was sure to be exciting. Hagrid would be teaching it this year and he'd heard from several students that the man had a way with the animals that no one could quite understand. Hopefully, no one would be getting hurt though since even the last professor hadn't been able to keep everyone safe. There were still students who refused to take the class because of it.

As she glanced at who was seated next to, she froze, eyes going wide. It was the boy from the night before, the one she'd basically just ran away from because she didn't know what to do. Of all her years of sneaking into the kitchens, she had never seen him or that girl there. Though to be fair, the girl was a new student, so it would make sense. She saw him slide her a bag with what looked like a cinnamon roll inside and her stomach growled, reminding her that she'd missed breakfast. Ignoring both her stomach and the cinnamon roll, Teresa took out her notebook and pen, one that she had brought from home. She had charmed it so that the ink would change color depending on what class she was in, as well as shifting between different shades of that color. History was blue and as she wrote the date at the top of her paper, the color changed from a deep navy blue to a soft periwinkle, adding just a hint of purple to the page. Her stomach growled from time to time but she tried to ignore the cinnamon roll. It looked so good but she felt awkward after the events of last night.

((also, i had this funny idea where Teresa forgot that Clove and Noah had introduced themselves as siblings and thought they were dating, so things get really awkward when she starts to like him but thinks he already has a girlfriend. what do you think))
((so i figured that with our characters all having different career paths in mind, their schedules would be different even if they're in the same house. so i made up a table of my children's classes. you can have any of them correlate with your own characters, that way we can have plot stuff in classes haha))

The classroom filled up quickly the closer it got to the beginning of class and August leaned back in his chair. No one seemed to enjoy having history as their first class of the day, and some students looked as if they were just prepared to sit through the whole class. Just as class was about to begin, a Slytherin girl scrambled through the door, snagging a seat in the middle of the room. He didn't recognize her immediately but knew that she was in his same year. Noticing who she sat next to, August sighed. It was Clove's brother whose name he could never quite remember. The two seemed somewhat friendly, seeing as who he was giving her food and all. In other classes that the two of them had shared, he hadn't noticed him do that with anyone else. He normally didn't even exchange any words with whoever sat next to him.

As Binns flew through the chalkboard to signal the beginning of class, the shuffling of paper filled the room. Someone had suggested that wizards and witches start using a muggle tool called a pencil and a pen and the two writing tools quickly became popular. Clicking his own pen a few times, August began to draw up a time table, barely listening to the words of the professor while he organized the training schedule for Quidditch. After this, he would have Care of Magical Creatures, which was sure to be exciting. Hagrid would be teaching it this year and he'd heard from several students that the man had a way with the animals that no one could quite understand. Hopefully, no one would be getting hurt though since even the last professor hadn't been able to keep everyone safe. There were still students who refused to take the class because of it.

As she glanced at who was seated next to, she froze, eyes going wide. It was the boy from the night before, the one she'd basically just ran away from because she didn't know what to do. Of all her years of sneaking into the kitchens, she had never seen him or that girl there. Though to be fair, the girl was a new student, so it would make sense. She saw him slide her a bag with what looked like a cinnamon roll inside and her stomach growled, reminding her that she'd missed breakfast. Ignoring both her stomach and the cinnamon roll, Teresa took out her notebook and pen, one that she had brought from home. She had charmed it so that the ink would change color depending on what class she was in, as well as shifting between different shades of that color. History was blue and as she wrote the date at the top of her paper, the color changed from a deep navy blue to a soft periwinkle, adding just a hint of purple to the page. Her stomach growled from time to time but she tried to ignore the cinnamon roll. It looked so good but she felt awkward after the events of last night.

((also, i had this funny idea where Teresa forgot that Clove and Noah had introduced themselves as siblings and thought they were dating, so things get really awkward when she starts to like him but thinks he already has a girlfriend. what do you think))
(( Okay go ahead and send me the table and ill coordinate mine to the one you made ))
N O A H

The class itself was rather boring. Noah had a feeling the only person in the world who would enjoy history was Clove, she loved learning...especially history or anything that had to do with magical creatures. Knowing that he would see his sister after second class he felt utterly impatient. The hand on the clock behind the professor seemed to move one-eighth the speed it usually did. A single minute felt like ten.

The moment the teacher seemed to be wrapping up the lecture he started shoving stuff in his bag and watched the minute hand on the clock. two minutes...His eyes were glued to the clock for until the very last tick of the second counter that twirled around the clock struck its target and the bell rang once. He quickly stood and turned to the girl with curly hair and smiled "It was nice to see you again." he said giving her a sweet smile before practically dashing out of the room with a goofy grin on his face, leaving behind the sweet treat for the girl, that or forgetting its existence...the world may never know.

Noah bolted into his second class. and sighed as he sat down at a desk near the center aisle. His leg began to bounce impatiently. There were around ten minutes between classes seeing how big the school was, and yet....he reached the classroom in record time. Once again the clock seemed to move slower than molasses. Advanced Defence Against the Dark Arts began...and for the first time in his life, Noah wished the class would end quickly.
C L O V E R I O U S

The class sped by rather quickly. Clove had absent-mindedly allowed the quill to move on its own as she thought of notes to write and used a second quill to doodle pictures. It was a skill that to this day no one in her family understood. Her control of wandless magic was unfathomable. With only half a thought the pen would take the most detailed notes and her art wouldn't suffer a single bit.

When the bell rang once Clove packed up her things quickly and exited the room before anyone could step in her path to strike up a conversation. She made her way to the field and noticed Hagrid. Oh, he was a sight for sore eyes. After she lost August, Clove found herself alone often when Noah was busy. She doesn't exactly remember when spending time at Hagrids began...nor did she recall the exact day she began learning about magical creatures from him outside of class. it had become such a normal occurrence during her free time that during her third year she would end up at Hagrids door without even realizing it.

The sight of the rather tall man made a smile spread across her face as she trotted up to the man "Hagrid!" she called. The bear of a man turned around and grinned as he looked down at the short girl "Well if it isn't my most dedicated student...What have you been up to?" he asked. That was one thing she liked, Hagrid was never someone she talked about her problems or personal life with, it was like an unspoken rule. No, he was more of a way to forget about everything else around her and focus on one single thing. "I have something for you!" she said and opened her bag before pulling out two whistles. She blew the first whistle which had a high pitched sound to it. A small dirty brown winged creature came out moments later. It landed on the ground in front of the pair. Hagrid laughed a jolly sound before lifting the small creature up. It had the body and face of a rabbit with a long tail that held a tuft on the end. a pair of glorious feathers protruding from its back. "in Russia they are known as Ptichiy Krulik" Clove said "they are used instead of owls as messengers...though...do watch out...they look harmless but their teeth are as sharp as a snakes." she said. She handed over the black whistle to Hagrid and pulled out a white one before blowing into it. Not long after a small white Ptichiy Krulik came tumbling into Cloves arms and she smiled as it snuggled up to her "this one is mine...her name is Sumatokha...it means Flurry in English...." she said, "My owl couldn't handle the cold frigid weather and I had to sell him...and I came across these little guys." She said with a grin. "Hagrid nodded and the pair walked to where the class was as she explained their diet, and habits, as well as their breeding seasons and other things.

Flurry sat nuzzled onto Clove's shoulder as they walked out the few students already waiting for the class. Flurry scurried down her arm and Clove trusted her arm into the air sending the creature into flight before she blew into the white whistle three short times. The small creature then vanished into the clouds.

Cloverious could hear a few kids walking up behind her and heard a voice that sounded...familiar...in a way that made her heart race. She slowly turned her eyes around and locked eyes with someone she hadn't seen in over a year.

(( that sounds fabulous lol....also sorry for not responding much today....but ill be on for the next 5 or 6 hours ))
(( Okay go ahead and send me the table and ill coordinate mine to the one you made ))
N O A H

The class itself was rather boring. Noah had a feeling the only person in the world who would enjoy history was Clove, she loved learning...especially history or anything that had to do with magical creatures. Knowing that he would see his sister after second class he felt utterly impatient. The hand on the clock behind the professor seemed to move one-eighth the speed it usually did. A single minute felt like ten.

The moment the teacher seemed to be wrapping up the lecture he started shoving stuff in his bag and watched the minute hand on the clock. two minutes...His eyes were glued to the clock for until the very last tick of the second counter that twirled around the clock struck its target and the bell rang once. He quickly stood and turned to the girl with curly hair and smiled "It was nice to see you again." he said giving her a sweet smile before practically dashing out of the room with a goofy grin on his face, leaving behind the sweet treat for the girl, that or forgetting its existence...the world may never know.

Noah bolted into his second class. and sighed as he sat down at a desk near the center aisle. His leg began to bounce impatiently. There were around ten minutes between classes seeing how big the school was, and yet....he reached the classroom in record time. Once again the clock seemed to move slower than molasses. Advanced Defence Against the Dark Arts began...and for the first time in his life, Noah wished the class would end quickly.
C L O V E R I O U S

The class sped by rather quickly. Clove had absent-mindedly allowed the quill to move on its own as she thought of notes to write and used a second quill to doodle pictures. It was a skill that to this day no one in her family understood. Her control of wandless magic was unfathomable. With only half a thought the pen would take the most detailed notes and her art wouldn't suffer a single bit.

When the bell rang once Clove packed up her things quickly and exited the room before anyone could step in her path to strike up a conversation. She made her way to the field and noticed Hagrid. Oh, he was a sight for sore eyes. After she lost August, Clove found herself alone often when Noah was busy. She doesn't exactly remember when spending time at Hagrids began...nor did she recall the exact day she began learning about magical creatures from him outside of class. it had become such a normal occurrence during her free time that during her third year she would end up at Hagrids door without even realizing it.

The sight of the rather tall man made a smile spread across her face as she trotted up to the man "Hagrid!" she called. The bear of a man turned around and grinned as he looked down at the short girl "Well if it isn't my most dedicated student...What have you been up to?" he asked. That was one thing she liked, Hagrid was never someone she talked about her problems or personal life with, it was like an unspoken rule. No, he was more of a way to forget about everything else around her and focus on one single thing. "I have something for you!" she said and opened her bag before pulling out two whistles. She blew the first whistle which had a high pitched sound to it. A small dirty brown winged creature came out moments later. It landed on the ground in front of the pair. Hagrid laughed a jolly sound before lifting the small creature up. It had the body and face of a rabbit with a long tail that held a tuft on the end. a pair of glorious feathers protruding from its back. "in Russia they are known as Ptichiy Krulik" Clove said "they are used instead of owls as messengers...though...do watch out...they look harmless but their teeth are as sharp as a snakes." she said. She handed over the black whistle to Hagrid and pulled out a white one before blowing into it. Not long after a small white Ptichiy Krulik came tumbling into Cloves arms and she smiled as it snuggled up to her "this one is mine...her name is Sumatokha...it means Flurry in English...." she said, "My owl couldn't handle the cold frigid weather and I had to sell him...and I came across these little guys." She said with a grin. "Hagrid nodded and the pair walked to where the class was as she explained their diet, and habits, as well as their breeding seasons and other things.

Flurry sat nuzzled onto Clove's shoulder as they walked out the few students already waiting for the class. Flurry scurried down her arm and Clove trusted her arm into the air sending the creature into flight before she blew into the white whistle three short times. The small creature then vanished into the clouds.

Cloverious could hear a few kids walking up behind her and heard a voice that sounded...familiar...in a way that made her heart race. She slowly turned her eyes around and locked eyes with someone she hadn't seen in over a year.

(( that sounds fabulous lol....also sorry for not responding much today....but ill be on for the next 5 or 6 hours ))

((alright cool, here's the link))

Class ended and Binns sighed, knowing that he hadn't gone as far as he should have with the history of the war between the centaurs and the trolls. Teresa sighed in relief, thankful for that same reason. She packed up her things, knowing she wouldn't need to rush since Transfiguration was just down the hall from where she was at. At the sound of Noah's voice, she glanced up at him and was surprised by the smile he gave her. Before she could even utter a word he was gone, leaving behind the bagged goodie. She sat there agape for a moment. She knew Hufflepuff's had the stereotype for being nice to everybody, but she hadn't interacted with many of them before. The fewer people that she grew close to, the fewer people she would have to lie to about being a halfblood. Shaking her thoughts away, she grabbed the cinnamon roll and started eating it as she walked to class.

She nearly groaned after taking the first bite, stopping abruptly to stare at the dessert. It tasted almost exactly like how the house elves made them, but just a little bit different. Somehow Noah had managed to combine all of the very best things about cinnamon rolls and put it in this one, even somehow including her memories of sticky rolls on Christmas mornings. She savored the rest of the roll, putting it away when there was about ahlf left. Sucking the cinamon sugar and icing off of her fingers, she walked into Professor McGonagall's classroom and found a seat in the front. Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts were the only classes where she sat up front. These were the kinds of magic that interested her most and she wanted to soak up as much knowledge as she could. As class begun, she glanced down to her bag where the dessert sat on top, making a mental note to at least try to say thank you when she next saw Noah.

August always enjoyed the walk to Hagrid's hut. He didn't know the half-giant personally, but he'd never heard anything bad about him, or at least not from people who's opinions actually mattered. He was always very warm and welcoming to students, treating them all like old friends. It was a welcome sight after sitting through Binn's lectures. Since he'd had to ccome from further in the castle than other students, August was one of the last group to make it to the field. He didn't mind that though, as several of his friends had beeen able to cach up with him. Most of them were actual friends, those who he'd grown close to due to Quidditch practice. Eager to show them the rough plans he had for practice, he pulled out the paper and began t oexplain everything to him. Though August wasn't technically the captain of the team, the Slytherin captain hated drawing up schedules. She said it was a waste of her time and always told someone else to do it. If there was a conflict with her own schdule, then things would be changed, otherwise it worked. This was the second year that August had been put in charge and everyone always praised him on how organized it was.

As he and his friends drew closer to the field, the faces of the other students drew closer. Eager to see who else would be in his class that year, his dark eyes scanned the faces. A lot of them looked familiar, though not enough for him to really get excited. It looked like he would be combined with Ravenclaws this year for Care of Magical Creatures, which was sure to be interesting. His mind flitted to the features of a honey-haired girl and he scowled, trying to push the thought away. It was always hard not to think about Clove and where she was when the school year started. Almost as if his mind had decided to play a trick on him, August's eyes found a pair that were starring into his own. The color alone caused him to stumble down the last few steps, his friends laughs drowned out by the sudden roaring in his ears. It was her... but it couldn't be... she looked so different. Gone were the glasses that had always perched on her nose, gone was the hat that covered her bright hair, gone was the meek girl he had met first year. She was different now, but still somehow the same Clove, just... more comfortable with herself.

He opened his mouth, to say something, but quickly shut it. They may have made eye contact, but that didn't mean she was going to be able to hear him over all of the other students. It also didn't mean that they were suddenly friends again. The thought made him a little sad, and he turned to focus on what Hagrid was saying about what their class would look like today and the rest of the year. Though he tried to stare straight ahead at the half-giant, he found that his gaze was on Clove more than anything else. He couldn't believe that she was back after a year, and still with no explanation. Her reappearance would explain why her brother had seemed in better spirits that morning.

((no worries, I was actually pretty busy yesterday and wasn't on much anyway))
((alright cool, here's the link))

Class ended and Binns sighed, knowing that he hadn't gone as far as he should have with the history of the war between the centaurs and the trolls. Teresa sighed in relief, thankful for that same reason. She packed up her things, knowing she wouldn't need to rush since Transfiguration was just down the hall from where she was at. At the sound of Noah's voice, she glanced up at him and was surprised by the smile he gave her. Before she could even utter a word he was gone, leaving behind the bagged goodie. She sat there agape for a moment. She knew Hufflepuff's had the stereotype for being nice to everybody, but she hadn't interacted with many of them before. The fewer people that she grew close to, the fewer people she would have to lie to about being a halfblood. Shaking her thoughts away, she grabbed the cinnamon roll and started eating it as she walked to class.

She nearly groaned after taking the first bite, stopping abruptly to stare at the dessert. It tasted almost exactly like how the house elves made them, but just a little bit different. Somehow Noah had managed to combine all of the very best things about cinnamon rolls and put it in this one, even somehow including her memories of sticky rolls on Christmas mornings. She savored the rest of the roll, putting it away when there was about ahlf left. Sucking the cinamon sugar and icing off of her fingers, she walked into Professor McGonagall's classroom and found a seat in the front. Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts were the only classes where she sat up front. These were the kinds of magic that interested her most and she wanted to soak up as much knowledge as she could. As class begun, she glanced down to her bag where the dessert sat on top, making a mental note to at least try to say thank you when she next saw Noah.

August always enjoyed the walk to Hagrid's hut. He didn't know the half-giant personally, but he'd never heard anything bad about him, or at least not from people who's opinions actually mattered. He was always very warm and welcoming to students, treating them all like old friends. It was a welcome sight after sitting through Binn's lectures. Since he'd had to ccome from further in the castle than other students, August was one of the last group to make it to the field. He didn't mind that though, as several of his friends had beeen able to cach up with him. Most of them were actual friends, those who he'd grown close to due to Quidditch practice. Eager to show them the rough plans he had for practice, he pulled out the paper and began t oexplain everything to him. Though August wasn't technically the captain of the team, the Slytherin captain hated drawing up schedules. She said it was a waste of her time and always told someone else to do it. If there was a conflict with her own schdule, then things would be changed, otherwise it worked. This was the second year that August had been put in charge and everyone always praised him on how organized it was.

As he and his friends drew closer to the field, the faces of the other students drew closer. Eager to see who else would be in his class that year, his dark eyes scanned the faces. A lot of them looked familiar, though not enough for him to really get excited. It looked like he would be combined with Ravenclaws this year for Care of Magical Creatures, which was sure to be interesting. His mind flitted to the features of a honey-haired girl and he scowled, trying to push the thought away. It was always hard not to think about Clove and where she was when the school year started. Almost as if his mind had decided to play a trick on him, August's eyes found a pair that were starring into his own. The color alone caused him to stumble down the last few steps, his friends laughs drowned out by the sudden roaring in his ears. It was her... but it couldn't be... she looked so different. Gone were the glasses that had always perched on her nose, gone was the hat that covered her bright hair, gone was the meek girl he had met first year. She was different now, but still somehow the same Clove, just... more comfortable with herself.

He opened his mouth, to say something, but quickly shut it. They may have made eye contact, but that didn't mean she was going to be able to hear him over all of the other students. It also didn't mean that they were suddenly friends again. The thought made him a little sad, and he turned to focus on what Hagrid was saying about what their class would look like today and the rest of the year. Though he tried to stare straight ahead at the half-giant, he found that his gaze was on Clove more than anything else. He couldn't believe that she was back after a year, and still with no explanation. Her reappearance would explain why her brother had seemed in better spirits that morning.

((no worries, I was actually pretty busy yesterday and wasn't on much anyway))
N O A H

Across, up, down, around. Noah continued to swish his wand around absentmindedly, somehow still completing the defense spell in just enough time to block the other students. His mind was on the fact he would be seeing his sister in an hour and not exactly on the practice in front of him. The defense teacher was a rather new professor, to the point Noah didn't even know his name quite yet. None the less, he was caught only half-heartedly practicing.

"Noah!" The dark-haired boy blinked and looked up at his teacher "yeah?" the tall teacher looked down at his student and shook his head "you are distracted...I know you are on the quidditch team..but you need to focus...especially in this class" he scolded.

Noah only nodded and looked to the student in front of him, a Slytherin that was rather angry he was being written off due to Noah's drifting thought. The Hufflepuff quickly realized his mistake and bowed slightly "ah...sorry" From then on Noah had to do his best just to pretend not to have his thoughts elsewhere, he really didn't want to get into an actual fight with the already offended Slytherin across from him.
C L O V E R I O U S

She knew that she would have to see him at some point. Despite how big the school was it is rather hard not to see those that are in the same year. Even so, she would have rather not have seen her former friend before her heart had been prepared for it. He stumbled ever so slightly and noticed his friends around him. Right, he probably wouldn't want me to talk to him. With that she stood near the front and held her classification textbook in front of her and began to jot things down in the corner of the pages that would add to the material already written.

today they were talking about pixies. Rather mischievous little creatures. The cage in the corner full of a few of them were sitting on a bench next to Hagrid as he explained their functions, temperament, and other aspects. Of course, Clove already knew quite a bit about pixies and when things began to turn to the information she already knew her mind wandered off to the boy standing behind her. He may be subtle those around him, but she could feel his gaze land on her every couple minutes. To her, he wasn't subtle at all. Did he have something to say to her? she didn't know, but his gaze was making her shift. What does he want?

Her mind was trying to think of a reason why the boy who had practically ignored her existence after freshmen year was now staring her down like she was some kind of rare subspecies of hippogryph. A bunch of students began to flip through their textbooks frantically looking for something and Hagrid let out a long sigh "Clove, how about you answer my question..about pixie colorant"

Cloverious mind was so restricted that without even looking up from where she had stared off into space she spoke "Pixie colorant. the key variation in pixie subspecies. Most pixies found in this continent show some sort of pale blue or purple shade but other species may inhabit red, orange, yellow, green, or even monochrome colorant depending on their origin and birthplace. The only reason colorant signifies subspecies is due to the fact most pixies will only mingle with other similarly colored pixies...therefore it is the easiest way to differentiate them. if one is knowledgable enough in the reason and climate each Pixie colorant is found in, one could easily find its origins based solely on that fact." Her voice had no emotion or tone to it. that is except for the slight Russian accent that had been added to her voice due to her time overseas. Despite that, it was as if she was reciting it from a book. Clove heard a couple of people whisper and she snapped out of it and looked at Hagrid who seemed to be attempting to holding in laughter...while other students laughed outright "walking dictionary" "that's a Ravenclaw for ya" "show off" "suck up"...honestly the whispers went on and on.

At that moment...Clove wished she could crawl in a dark hole and die...it was a much more preferable option than the current stares she was getting. None the less, she kept her composure on the outside but on the inside, she was a disaster. fake the confidence...fake arrogance... Clove shifted her weight slightly "Its a rather simple complex if one takes the time to actually read the material." Her voice didn't waver...good, no one will notice

(( i added their schedules as well ))
N O A H

Across, up, down, around. Noah continued to swish his wand around absentmindedly, somehow still completing the defense spell in just enough time to block the other students. His mind was on the fact he would be seeing his sister in an hour and not exactly on the practice in front of him. The defense teacher was a rather new professor, to the point Noah didn't even know his name quite yet. None the less, he was caught only half-heartedly practicing.

"Noah!" The dark-haired boy blinked and looked up at his teacher "yeah?" the tall teacher looked down at his student and shook his head "you are distracted...I know you are on the quidditch team..but you need to focus...especially in this class" he scolded.

Noah only nodded and looked to the student in front of him, a Slytherin that was rather angry he was being written off due to Noah's drifting thought. The Hufflepuff quickly realized his mistake and bowed slightly "ah...sorry" From then on Noah had to do his best just to pretend not to have his thoughts elsewhere, he really didn't want to get into an actual fight with the already offended Slytherin across from him.
C L O V E R I O U S

She knew that she would have to see him at some point. Despite how big the school was it is rather hard not to see those that are in the same year. Even so, she would have rather not have seen her former friend before her heart had been prepared for it. He stumbled ever so slightly and noticed his friends around him. Right, he probably wouldn't want me to talk to him. With that she stood near the front and held her classification textbook in front of her and began to jot things down in the corner of the pages that would add to the material already written.

today they were talking about pixies. Rather mischievous little creatures. The cage in the corner full of a few of them were sitting on a bench next to Hagrid as he explained their functions, temperament, and other aspects. Of course, Clove already knew quite a bit about pixies and when things began to turn to the information she already knew her mind wandered off to the boy standing behind her. He may be subtle those around him, but she could feel his gaze land on her every couple minutes. To her, he wasn't subtle at all. Did he have something to say to her? she didn't know, but his gaze was making her shift. What does he want?

Her mind was trying to think of a reason why the boy who had practically ignored her existence after freshmen year was now staring her down like she was some kind of rare subspecies of hippogryph. A bunch of students began to flip through their textbooks frantically looking for something and Hagrid let out a long sigh "Clove, how about you answer my question..about pixie colorant"

Cloverious mind was so restricted that without even looking up from where she had stared off into space she spoke "Pixie colorant. the key variation in pixie subspecies. Most pixies found in this continent show some sort of pale blue or purple shade but other species may inhabit red, orange, yellow, green, or even monochrome colorant depending on their origin and birthplace. The only reason colorant signifies subspecies is due to the fact most pixies will only mingle with other similarly colored pixies...therefore it is the easiest way to differentiate them. if one is knowledgable enough in the reason and climate each Pixie colorant is found in, one could easily find its origins based solely on that fact." Her voice had no emotion or tone to it. that is except for the slight Russian accent that had been added to her voice due to her time overseas. Despite that, it was as if she was reciting it from a book. Clove heard a couple of people whisper and she snapped out of it and looked at Hagrid who seemed to be attempting to holding in laughter...while other students laughed outright "walking dictionary" "that's a Ravenclaw for ya" "show off" "suck up"...honestly the whispers went on and on.

At that moment...Clove wished she could crawl in a dark hole and die...it was a much more preferable option than the current stares she was getting. None the less, she kept her composure on the outside but on the inside, she was a disaster. fake the confidence...fake arrogance... Clove shifted her weight slightly "Its a rather simple complex if one takes the time to actually read the material." Her voice didn't waver...good, no one will notice

(( i added their schedules as well ))

The lesson today was rather more complex than the last few years had been. Normally they would spend their time changing animals from one object to another and back again. It was solo spells, where you were working completely on their own. Today, however, McGonagall and proposed that they change it up. Students would transfigure an animal or other biological thing into an object and then give it to another student to change back. This was hard because you didn't always know what had been transfigured and so the spell had to change. Instead of imagining what the cup used to be and having an exact image in your head, you had to think differently. Teresa was struggling with it, only able to get portions of the object transfigured at a time. Looking around, she was relieved slightly to see that she wasn't the only student struggling. Many of the other Slytherins and Gryffindors were having just as hard of a time as she was.

After a few more minutes, the professor called out for all of them to stop, which everyone did so eagerly. She began to explain the concepts and reasons behind her having them do this on the first day. It was something that they were going to continue to practice, but there would be more instruction as time went on. "Eventually this magic will be just as easy for you as it was to turn a beetle into a button," she said, flicking her wand and changing the scaled cup on Teresa's desk back to a lizard. Scowling, the Slytherin realized that the original creature should have been obvious. Shaking off her frustration, she began to jot down all of the words on the board, knowing they would probably come in handy later.

Fortunately for August, his friends were far too busy either jotting down notes or messing around to pay much attention to him. He had written barely anything in his own notes, giving far too much attention to the girl up front. Though he felt like a bit of a fool, he couldn't help but stare. August was so used to the shy girl with the hat and glasses, the way that she looked like she belonged in a library surrounded by books and sipping coffee or tea, that he wasn't used to this Clove yet. She looked like she could be teaching the class, that she had all of the confidence that he himself pretended to have sometimes. The whole thing just had him enraptured. When Hagrid had asked her the question, he hung on to her every word, taking notes on what she said. Pixies were irritating little buggers. As he jotted down notes, he began to hear the whispers. These were certainly something that he hadn't missed. Clove was brilliant, something that certainly hadn't changed, but it seemed that no one could look past that. Scowling, he raised his hand with barely a second thought.

"Professor Hagrid?" he called out. The whispers around him cut out, everyone turning their attention to him. It didn't bother him at all since he was well-liked and popular, even among students who didn't really know him. Continuing to speak, he said, "If there are different variations in color, could that also imply that the pixies vary in their behaviors as well? We've seen that the same kind of thing exists in other creatures, so is it the same with pixies?" As he spoke, he glanced over at Clove, hoping that she maybe knew what she was doing. It was a question that he was genuinely curious about, but he also wanted to get the attention away from Clove. She didn't deserve to have to go through the same behaviors of other students when she had just gotten back. Hagrid went on to explain that yes, the color variations did include a variation in the behaviors of the pixies and as he rambled, the students took notes. This was information that was in the textbook as well, though it was a small section. It only said that behavior variations existed, not what they were.
The lesson today was rather more complex than the last few years had been. Normally they would spend their time changing animals from one object to another and back again. It was solo spells, where you were working completely on their own. Today, however, McGonagall and proposed that they change it up. Students would transfigure an animal or other biological thing into an object and then give it to another student to change back. This was hard because you didn't always know what had been transfigured and so the spell had to change. Instead of imagining what the cup used to be and having an exact image in your head, you had to think differently. Teresa was struggling with it, only able to get portions of the object transfigured at a time. Looking around, she was relieved slightly to see that she wasn't the only student struggling. Many of the other Slytherins and Gryffindors were having just as hard of a time as she was.

After a few more minutes, the professor called out for all of them to stop, which everyone did so eagerly. She began to explain the concepts and reasons behind her having them do this on the first day. It was something that they were going to continue to practice, but there would be more instruction as time went on. "Eventually this magic will be just as easy for you as it was to turn a beetle into a button," she said, flicking her wand and changing the scaled cup on Teresa's desk back to a lizard. Scowling, the Slytherin realized that the original creature should have been obvious. Shaking off her frustration, she began to jot down all of the words on the board, knowing they would probably come in handy later.

Fortunately for August, his friends were far too busy either jotting down notes or messing around to pay much attention to him. He had written barely anything in his own notes, giving far too much attention to the girl up front. Though he felt like a bit of a fool, he couldn't help but stare. August was so used to the shy girl with the hat and glasses, the way that she looked like she belonged in a library surrounded by books and sipping coffee or tea, that he wasn't used to this Clove yet. She looked like she could be teaching the class, that she had all of the confidence that he himself pretended to have sometimes. The whole thing just had him enraptured. When Hagrid had asked her the question, he hung on to her every word, taking notes on what she said. Pixies were irritating little buggers. As he jotted down notes, he began to hear the whispers. These were certainly something that he hadn't missed. Clove was brilliant, something that certainly hadn't changed, but it seemed that no one could look past that. Scowling, he raised his hand with barely a second thought.

"Professor Hagrid?" he called out. The whispers around him cut out, everyone turning their attention to him. It didn't bother him at all since he was well-liked and popular, even among students who didn't really know him. Continuing to speak, he said, "If there are different variations in color, could that also imply that the pixies vary in their behaviors as well? We've seen that the same kind of thing exists in other creatures, so is it the same with pixies?" As he spoke, he glanced over at Clove, hoping that she maybe knew what she was doing. It was a question that he was genuinely curious about, but he also wanted to get the attention away from Clove. She didn't deserve to have to go through the same behaviors of other students when she had just gotten back. Hagrid went on to explain that yes, the color variations did include a variation in the behaviors of the pixies and as he rambled, the students took notes. This was information that was in the textbook as well, though it was a small section. It only said that behavior variations existed, not what they were.
N O A H

At some point between pretending to pay attention and thinking of Clove he actually began to get into the class honing in his skills with pronunciation and wand movement. It seemed that when it came to combat, it was the one thing that could take his mind off Clove.

The class moved on to one on one battles..much like a competition would. A couple of the first years came into the classroom to watch and learn what is taught in Defence against the dark arts. Of course, freshmen learn basic defence spells but they don't actually learn attacks and combat till 3rd or 4th year...that is if they even keep up with the elective.

The first few rounds Noah got through without much effort. Of course, at this moment in time, he was sitting in a chair sipping at a water bottle talking with one of his fellow quidditch team members. A few freshmen walked over and began to ask questions causing the emerald eyes of the dark-haired boy to shine brightly as he agreed to explain the coming matches to them. he pointed and explained the stances, spells, and even the rules of round winning...
C L O V E R I O U S

The whispers stopped the moment August asked Hagrid a question. Of course, Hagrid was glad to go on a rant about different species that also harbour similar characteristics the moment the question was initially answered. That gave the honey-haired girl a single moment to turn her eyes to the boy behind her. She glanced at him with curiosity only for a moment before deciding 'a moment of weakness....a remembrance of past relations.....nothing more." though...in the end, she knew she was only trying to convince herself of that...because there was obviously something so much more shining in his eyes.

Other students shuffled forward as Hagrid began to show ways to identify individuals. The students stepped forward and Clove decided to take a few steps back the moment August was left alone. She stood next to him, but didn't look at him. "how have you been?" She asked. "its...been a while...never took you to be an avid creature enthusiast," She said, humor almost lacing her voice. She finally mustered up the courage to look at him. Her eyes met with the deep brown hue of his own and memories flashed before her eyes. She gave a lonely half-smile at him before saying "its fine....I'm over it..." she stated before looking at the pocket watch that was laced around her neck. "I best be going....Have a nice rest of the year August....I'm glad I got to see you," she said before beginning to turn on her heels.

its best this way. I won't get hurt again, and he won't feel the need to step in. I can handle myself...he wasn't there before....so he has no need to feel like he should be now. The past is the past....and he made his choice. I have to respect that and I can no longer linger on the path if I am to take the path that I have chosen.
N O A H

At some point between pretending to pay attention and thinking of Clove he actually began to get into the class honing in his skills with pronunciation and wand movement. It seemed that when it came to combat, it was the one thing that could take his mind off Clove.

The class moved on to one on one battles..much like a competition would. A couple of the first years came into the classroom to watch and learn what is taught in Defence against the dark arts. Of course, freshmen learn basic defence spells but they don't actually learn attacks and combat till 3rd or 4th year...that is if they even keep up with the elective.

The first few rounds Noah got through without much effort. Of course, at this moment in time, he was sitting in a chair sipping at a water bottle talking with one of his fellow quidditch team members. A few freshmen walked over and began to ask questions causing the emerald eyes of the dark-haired boy to shine brightly as he agreed to explain the coming matches to them. he pointed and explained the stances, spells, and even the rules of round winning...
C L O V E R I O U S

The whispers stopped the moment August asked Hagrid a question. Of course, Hagrid was glad to go on a rant about different species that also harbour similar characteristics the moment the question was initially answered. That gave the honey-haired girl a single moment to turn her eyes to the boy behind her. She glanced at him with curiosity only for a moment before deciding 'a moment of weakness....a remembrance of past relations.....nothing more." though...in the end, she knew she was only trying to convince herself of that...because there was obviously something so much more shining in his eyes.

Other students shuffled forward as Hagrid began to show ways to identify individuals. The students stepped forward and Clove decided to take a few steps back the moment August was left alone. She stood next to him, but didn't look at him. "how have you been?" She asked. "its...been a while...never took you to be an avid creature enthusiast," She said, humor almost lacing her voice. She finally mustered up the courage to look at him. Her eyes met with the deep brown hue of his own and memories flashed before her eyes. She gave a lonely half-smile at him before saying "its fine....I'm over it..." she stated before looking at the pocket watch that was laced around her neck. "I best be going....Have a nice rest of the year August....I'm glad I got to see you," she said before beginning to turn on her heels.

its best this way. I won't get hurt again, and he won't feel the need to step in. I can handle myself...he wasn't there before....so he has no need to feel like he should be now. The past is the past....and he made his choice. I have to respect that and I can no longer linger on the path if I am to take the path that I have chosen.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11