Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42 43
[center][font=courier new]07. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42661599][b]MAZON[/b] asks where [b]THE TALL DOG[/b] went.[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]Attempting to hold back another torrent of sorrow, the boy sniffles and balls up his fists into the hems of his sleeves. The fabric is pressed into his face, trying to stem the flow of tears before they can even burst forth. "[color=758EBD][i]I couldn’t see it, I was so scared, I couldn’t- didn’t- I didn’t see where it was going, I—[/color]" Then he starts wailing, that tough facade cracking like thin glass. He can barely get words out past his blubbering, but Mazon manages to make it out regardless. "[color=758EBD][i]I tried l-loo-looking for it in the morning, but it didn’t [b]l-leave any footprints[/b]![/color]" [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura Attempting to hold back another torrent of sorrow, the boy sniffles and balls up his fists into the hems of his sleeves. The fabric is pressed into his face, trying to stem the flow of tears before they can even burst forth. "I couldn’t see it, I was so scared, I couldn’t- didn’t- I didn’t see where it was going, I—" Then he starts wailing, that tough facade cracking like thin glass. He can barely get words out past his blubbering, but Mazon manages to make it out regardless. "I tried l-loo-looking for it in the morning, but it didn’t l-leave any footprints!"

'No footprints?' Mazon thought. That couldn't be right, could it? She looked at the sobbing boy. He was pretty young, it was possible he had just missed the signs of them.
"It's ok, sweetie," she said aloud. "It's not your fault."
'No footprints?' Mazon thought. That couldn't be right, could it? She looked at the sobbing boy. He was pretty young, it was possible he had just missed the signs of them.
"It's ok, sweetie," she said aloud. "It's not your fault."
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[center][font=courier new]08. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42662298][b]VIDA[/b] re-examines the [b]BARRIER[/b].[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The barrier shivers as if rejecting Vida’s very presence, but otherwise does not yield. There’s an arcane symbol emblazoned in its side, as if it’s a physical thing rather than just a thaumaturgic projection inside of the dractare’s mind. The wall itself has an aura that’s slightly different from the one around the boy, and a slight chip near the bottom. [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura The barrier shivers as if rejecting Vida’s very presence, but otherwise does not yield. There’s an arcane symbol emblazoned in its side, as if it’s a physical thing rather than just a thaumaturgic projection inside of the dractare’s mind. The wall itself has an aura that’s slightly different from the one around the boy, and a slight chip near the bottom.

[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina gave Vida a rather worried look, not quite sure exactly what she was doing over there, but it didn't seem particularly safe, nor something that Sera herself would be of much help with. She still decided to keep a close eye on the other, however, in case something went wrong. In the meantime, she started poking her nose around the camp, wondering what exactly the blood came from that stained the abandoned belongings. It would make the most sense that it came from the kid's sister or whoever had gone missing, but perhaps there was some other trace of the creature that had stolen her away? If it could draw blood and leave claw marks, then surely it wasn't incorporeal, right? Just because its feet didn't touch the ground as it left didn't mean it didn't leave any other traces. And if it meant cracking this mystery, she wasn't afraid of getting a little dirty. Was it morally ambiguous to rifle through the belongings of an upset child and his (possibly) dead sister? Probably. Was that going to stop her? Most definitely not. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina gave Vida a rather worried look, not quite sure exactly what she was doing over there, but it didn't seem particularly safe, nor something that Sera herself would be of much help with. She still decided to keep a close eye on the other, however, in case something went wrong.

In the meantime, she started poking her nose around the camp, wondering what exactly the blood came from that stained the abandoned belongings. It would make the most sense that it came from the kid's sister or whoever had gone missing, but perhaps there was some other trace of the creature that had stolen her away? If it could draw blood and leave claw marks, then surely it wasn't incorporeal, right? Just because its feet didn't touch the ground as it left didn't mean it didn't leave any other traces. And if it meant cracking this mystery, she wasn't afraid of getting a little dirty.

Was it morally ambiguous to rifle through the belongings of an upset child and his (possibly) dead sister? Probably. Was that going to stop her? Most definitely not.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/473969/47396863p.png[/img][color=transparent]_[nextcol]Psilocybe was drawn to that bit of parchment he'd spotted in one of the packs. Those odd white objects around the edges of the camp interested him too, but he figured he'd get to them later. He wasn't overly hopeful that the parchment would hold useful information, but there was no way of knowing if it was relevant unless he went and looked at it. Maybe it would provide some context for this gruesome scene. As he picked his way through the remains of the camp, trying not to disturb the bloodstains and claw marks, he noticed one of the Skydancers doing the same. The more the merrier, he decided, giving her a nod as he opened the pack and took a look at the parchment inside.[/columns]
47396863p.png_ Psilocybe was drawn to that bit of parchment he'd spotted in one of the packs. Those odd white objects around the edges of the camp interested him too, but he figured he'd get to them later.

He wasn't overly hopeful that the parchment would hold useful information, but there was no way of knowing if it was relevant unless he went and looked at it. Maybe it would provide some context for this gruesome scene.

As he picked his way through the remains of the camp, trying not to disturb the bloodstains and claw marks, he noticed one of the Skydancers doing the same.
The more the merrier, he decided, giving her a nod as he opened the pack and took a look at the parchment inside.
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[center][font=courier new]09. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/25#post_42662531][b]SERAPHINA[/b] looks through the camp owners’ belongings.[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]She… doesn’t find anything particularly interesting, to be completely honest. It’s mostly what you would expect from a pack meant for traveling. There’s rations, water, some snacks here and there, loose supplies… the only thing that seems out of the ordinary comes from the boy’s sister’s backpack. A small, leatherbound journal with a charcoal pencil tied to its cover that smells of peonies and… something else... [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura She… doesn’t find anything particularly interesting, to be completely honest. It’s mostly what you would expect from a pack meant for traveling. There’s rations, water, some snacks here and there, loose supplies… the only thing that seems out of the ordinary comes from the boy’s sister’s backpack. A small, leatherbound journal with a charcoal pencil tied to its cover that smells of peonies and… something else...

[center][font=courier new]10. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/25#post_42662531][b]PSILOCYBE[/b] retrieves the [b]PARCHMENT[/b].[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]When Psilocybe unfolds the letter, what’s written within is somewhat confusing without the previous correspondence. Though, from what he can glean, it seems like it’d be reasonable to surmise that it was a conversation between the boy’s father and a relative of some kind. The ink is smudged in some places, but is fairly legible enough. It reads as follows: [indent][sub][i]Dear Shamus, The situation seems grave. I hope this letter gets to you soon, as quick action will likely be the deciding factor of Kyrie’s future. I know that this journey is far, but I’m currently in Croswell, and am presently studying to become a healer. If you can make your way here and mention my name to the guards, I will find a way to get you inside the city walls. I pray for your journey. Ainsley[/indent] [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura When Psilocybe unfolds the letter, what’s written within is somewhat confusing without the previous correspondence. Though, from what he can glean, it seems like it’d be reasonable to surmise that it was a conversation between the boy’s father and a relative of some kind. The ink is smudged in some places, but is fairly legible enough. It reads as follows:

Dear Shamus,

The situation seems grave. I hope this letter gets to you soon, as quick action will likely be the deciding factor of Kyrie’s future. I know that this journey is far, but I’m currently in Croswell, and am presently studying to become a healer. If you can make your way here and mention my name to the guards, I will find a way to get you inside the city walls. I pray for your journey.

Ainsley

[b]Behrad[/b][emoji=plague rune size=1] Behrad nodded slowly at Hal's words. He spoke exactly what Behrad had been thinking. He didn't love the idea of stealing from a child, but he also didn't love the idea of a child having a lethal weapon. It was a lose lose situation, he resolved, and he'd rather go with the situation that hopefully, resulted in no one getting hurt. [b]"Right, so how're we gonna do this? I mean, the gun is attached to the kid, and I'm not too sure we could just kindly ask him to hand it over? I don't know I don't really have that much experience dealing with children."[/b] Behrad huffed quietly, digging the toe of his boot into the dirt beneath him.
Behrad

Behrad nodded slowly at Hal's words. He spoke exactly what Behrad had been thinking. He didn't love the idea of stealing from a child, but he also didn't love the idea of a child having a lethal weapon. It was a lose lose situation, he resolved, and he'd rather go with the situation that hopefully, resulted in no one getting hurt.

"Right, so how're we gonna do this? I mean, the gun is attached to the kid, and I'm not too sure we could just kindly ask him to hand it over? I don't know I don't really have that much experience dealing with children." Behrad huffed quietly, digging the toe of his boot into the dirt beneath him.
MBjujvx.png
Mazon stood up and drew Matcha aside a bit. "I'm going to look for any tracks this dog might have left behind," she murmured quietly. "You stay with the boy. He's obviously in shock and shouldn't be left alone."
Mazon stood up and drew Matcha aside a bit. "I'm going to look for any tracks this dog might have left behind," she murmured quietly. "You stay with the boy. He's obviously in shock and shouldn't be left alone."
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub] He goes rigid and nods like a soldier might to their commanding officer. He settles down a little closer to the crying boy and purses his lips, crossing his arms and putting them atop his knees and then his chin on top of his arms. Like the boy, he stares into the embers of the fire, occasionally sending sidelong glances to the distraught child but not knowing what to say. He was still thinking about the Tall Dog and what it could possibly mean. ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

He goes rigid and nods like a soldier might to their commanding officer. He settles down a little closer to the crying boy and purses his lips, crossing his arms and putting them atop his knees and then his chin on top of his arms. Like the boy, he stares into the embers of the fire, occasionally sending sidelong glances to the distraught child but not knowing what to say. He was still thinking about the Tall Dog and what it could possibly mean.

1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42 43