Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/473969/47396863p.png[/img][color=transparent]_[nextcol]Psilocybe couldn't shake the feeling that he must have missed something. There was no way this was just a normal, regular camp. I mean, there was more than one bedroll, and only one kid. This kid didn't bring [i]all [/i]of this stuff here with him. He didn't just set up multiple travelers' worth of materials like he had imaginary friends who needed to eat and sleep. Or [i]did[/i] he? ...Maybe Psilocybe wasn't looking close enough. There had to be some indication that people other than this kid had been here. There had to be some clues as to where they'd gone. Footprints or drag marks leading away from the camp? Maybe disturbed dust from where a dragon had taken off? Anything?[/columns]
47396863p.png_ Psilocybe couldn't shake the feeling that he must have missed something. There was no way this was just a normal, regular camp. I mean, there was more than one bedroll, and only one kid. This kid didn't bring all of this stuff here with him. He didn't just set up multiple travelers' worth of materials like he had imaginary friends who needed to eat and sleep.

Or did he?

...Maybe Psilocybe wasn't looking close enough. There had to be some indication that people other than this kid had been here. There had to be some clues as to where they'd gone. Footprints or drag marks leading away from the camp? Maybe disturbed dust from where a dragon had taken off? Anything?
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[center][font=courier new]05. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42661599][b]PSILOCYBE[/b] tries to investigate the [b] CAMP[/b]... again.[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]Maybe it was a playdate that had gone really really wrong, nobody could know... but then, Psilocybe's gaze lands on a small corner of parchment peeking out of one of the packs. The haze of uncertainty lifts from the Ridgeback like the dispelling of some kind of curse, and he realizes the carnage that’s laid before him. Blood stains the fabric of the bedrolls, most of them are torn to shreds, there are deep claw marks in the ground along with scattered footprints, there are some small white shards of something near the outskirts, and the whole scene smells of something foul… [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura Maybe it was a playdate that had gone really really wrong, nobody could know... but then, Psilocybe's gaze lands on a small corner of parchment peeking out of one of the packs. The haze of uncertainty lifts from the Ridgeback like the dispelling of some kind of curse, and he realizes the carnage that’s laid before him.

Blood stains the fabric of the bedrolls, most of them are torn to shreds, there are deep claw marks in the ground along with scattered footprints, there are some small white shards of something near the outskirts, and the whole scene smells of something foul…

[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub] Once again, he looks concerned, lightly chewing on the inside of his cheek at the boy's ominous words. Tilting his head to the side in curiosity, Matcha speaks softly and carefully, hoping against all hope that his prying wouldn't make the boy clam up. He wasn't smart enough to be able to decipher cryptic statements. "[i][color="#53C86D"]Who took who?[/i][/color]" ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

Once again, he looks concerned, lightly chewing on the inside of his cheek at the boy's ominous words. Tilting his head to the side in curiosity, Matcha speaks softly and carefully, hoping against all hope that his prying wouldn't make the boy clam up. He wasn't smart enough to be able to decipher cryptic statements. "Who took who?"

[center][font=courier new]06. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42661599][b]MATCHA[/b] tries to coax more information out of the [b]BOY[/b].[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The child finally locks gazes with the Coatl, and the icy nature of his gaze makes a chill shoot through Matcha’s body like an electric shock. "[color=758EBD][i]The Tall Dog.[/color]" There’s a pause before he continues, eyes welling up with tears again as he looks away. “[color=758EBD][i]It- It took my sister,[/color]” he stutters out, choking back sobs. [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura The child finally locks gazes with the Coatl, and the icy nature of his gaze makes a chill shoot through Matcha’s body like an electric shock. "The Tall Dog." There’s a pause before he continues, eyes welling up with tears again as he looks away. “It- It took my sister,” he stutters out, choking back sobs.

Mazon walked over to join Matcha and the boy, kneeling down to be closer to eye level. "That must have been pretty scary. Did you get hurt at all?"
Mazon walked over to join Matcha and the boy, kneeling down to be closer to eye level. "That must have been pretty scary. Did you get hurt at all?"
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The boy flinches when Mazon gets close to him, eyeing her warily as she makes eye contact. His gaze doesn’t seem to waver, however, before he shakes his head. "[color=758EBD][i]No… I… I hid i-instead of helping…[/color]" He almost chokes, looking like he’s about to have a full on breakdown just from admitting that fact alone. [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura The boy flinches when Mazon gets close to him, eyeing her warily as she makes eye contact. His gaze doesn’t seem to waver, however, before he shakes his head. "No… I… I hid i-instead of helping…" He almost chokes, looking like he’s about to have a full on breakdown just from admitting that fact alone.

[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub] For some reason he can’t explain, there’s an undeniable chill that goes through him at the words [i]The Tall Dog[/i]. It just… sounds wrong? What in the world is a tall dog? He’d traveled a lot of places, but he’d never heard of any such creature. He doesn’t know what to say, he wants to ask what the tall dog could possibly be… but he’s worried that he’s pushing this kid to his limit and he certainly doesn’t want to make the boy cry. Maybe he should let someone else take a shot. ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

For some reason he can’t explain, there’s an undeniable chill that goes through him at the words The Tall Dog. It just… sounds wrong? What in the world is a tall dog? He’d traveled a lot of places, but he’d never heard of any such creature. He doesn’t know what to say, he wants to ask what the tall dog could possibly be… but he’s worried that he’s pushing this kid to his limit and he certainly doesn’t want to make the boy cry. Maybe he should let someone else take a shot.

"It's alright. No one blames you for hiding," Mazon said. "Do you know which way this... tall dog... went?"
"It's alright. No one blames you for hiding," Mazon said. "Do you know which way this... tall dog... went?"
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
    [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/271193/27119204.png[/img][color=transparent]oooooooooooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=cambria][size=7][color=transparent]o.o[/color][i][b][color=DA0D03]H[/color][color=8C3375]A[/color][color=3D58E4]L[/color][color=580F14].[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font] [font=corbel][size=3]rugged body — jagged fangs[/size][/font][/columns]   [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][size=3][color=transparent]ooo[/color]at least someone was thinking the same thing he was. hal watched as a few others approached the boy, trying to coax more information out of him as another one of their fellow companions circled the camp... again. and again. hal focused on the boy instead of trying to get himself dizzy,[b]"it doesn't look safe."[/b] not that safety had ever been a concern for him. rather, hal was just making excuses in the interest of nabbing it from the kid. chin tilting up, he spoke again. [b]"we should take it."[/b][nextcol][color=transparent]oooooooo[/color]

ooooooo27119204.pngoooooooooooooooo o.oHAL.
rugged body — jagged fangs
ooooooo oooat least someone was thinking the same thing he was. hal watched as a few others approached the boy, trying to coax more information out of him as another one of their fellow companions circled the camp... again. and again. hal focused on the boy instead of trying to get himself dizzy,"it doesn't look safe." not that safety had ever been a concern for him. rather, hal was just making excuses in the interest of nabbing it from the kid. chin tilting up, he spoke again. "we should take it." oooooooo
a6JurCN.png
The haze of agony had begun to lift from Vida's mind, but the image of the barrier still burned in her eyes. Now that the pain had mostly dissipated and her thoughts were clear once more, she found herself consumed with an overwhelming curiosity towards the luminescent shield around the young boy's mind. His had been the first mind she had ever been unwillingly locked out of, and that rankled her in a way she couldn't explain. She wanted to know why. She needed to know why.

Gritting her teeth, she opened her mind and dove again. The chaos was easier to traverse now that she knew what to look for, and before long she found herself standing once more before that mysterious golden barrier. Careful not to touch it again (once was quite enough for that particular experience, thank you very much), she gave the wall a meticulous once-over, attempting to find any clues as to the barrier's origins she could.
The haze of agony had begun to lift from Vida's mind, but the image of the barrier still burned in her eyes. Now that the pain had mostly dissipated and her thoughts were clear once more, she found herself consumed with an overwhelming curiosity towards the luminescent shield around the young boy's mind. His had been the first mind she had ever been unwillingly locked out of, and that rankled her in a way she couldn't explain. She wanted to know why. She needed to know why.

Gritting her teeth, she opened her mind and dove again. The chaos was easier to traverse now that she knew what to look for, and before long she found herself standing once more before that mysterious golden barrier. Careful not to touch it again (once was quite enough for that particular experience, thank you very much), she gave the wall a meticulous once-over, attempting to find any clues as to the barrier's origins she could.
a8byJKr.gif
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43