Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43
The pain came instantly, the second she reached her hand out to that gleaming barrier. It was like someone had reached a hand behind her eyes and yanked, dragging the tattered strings of her consciousness out with it in a stream of white-hot pain. Her eyes rolled back in her skull as her head jerked backwards, and only her quick reflexes prevented her from falling to her knees.

"Rey," she whispered, massaging her temples as discretely as she could. That shimmering golden dome still burned in her vision, no matter how many times she blinked, and that single word was still branded in the forefront of her mind. Rey.
The pain came instantly, the second she reached her hand out to that gleaming barrier. It was like someone had reached a hand behind her eyes and yanked, dragging the tattered strings of her consciousness out with it in a stream of white-hot pain. Her eyes rolled back in her skull as her head jerked backwards, and only her quick reflexes prevented her from falling to her knees.

"Rey," she whispered, massaging her temples as discretely as she could. That shimmering golden dome still burned in her vision, no matter how many times she blinked, and that single word was still branded in the forefront of her mind. Rey.
a8byJKr.gif
[center]------------------ [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/jvDAo3N.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol] Oh by the Shady Lady! Deimos rushed forward, and then stopped himself a ways before the boy. What on earth had gone on here? Hastily attempting to compose himself, Deimos approached rather more slowly than he had been, and sat gently a little way from the boy. "Hey, you alright kid?" [/columns] ------------------[/center]

jvDAo3N.png ... Oh by the Shady Lady! Deimos rushed forward, and then stopped himself a ways before the boy. What on earth had gone on here?

Hastily attempting to compose himself, Deimos approached rather more slowly than he had been, and sat gently a little way from the boy.

"Hey, you alright kid?"

9ShTRPz.png
> The Hive
> For Sale
> Brewing, Nest Rental & Lore Shop
[center][font=courier new]02. [b]DEIMOS[/b] attempts to comfort the [b] BOY[/b].[/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The child rubs his eyes with the heels of his hands, sniffling as he wipes his face with his filthy shirtsleeve. Really, all it manages to do is smudge the dirt and soot on his face. He gives Deimos a reproachful, if not sorrowful, look. "[color=758EBD][i]'m fine... mind your own business...[/color]" The boy murmurs, hugging his arms closer around himself. It seems like he should be more afraid of a group of strangers than he is, but his body language suggests that he's worn out and in no mood to fight... he seems almost... resigned. [/columns] -----
02. DEIMOS attempts to comfort the BOY.

Ghostly Aura The child rubs his eyes with the heels of his hands, sniffling as he wipes his face with his filthy shirtsleeve. Really, all it manages to do is smudge the dirt and soot on his face. He gives Deimos a reproachful, if not sorrowful, look. "'m fine... mind your own business..." The boy murmurs, hugging his arms closer around himself. It seems like he should be more afraid of a group of strangers than he is, but his body language suggests that he's worn out and in no mood to fight... he seems almost... resigned.

[center]------------------ [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/jvDAo3N.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol] "Hmm. Seems like it." The retort came out before Deimos could stop it, but truthfully he wasn't really sure what there was to say to that. He looked to the others, kind of hoping someone would help, or else some bolt of inspiration would strike, [/columns] ------------------[/center]

jvDAo3N.png ... "Hmm. Seems like it."

The retort came out before Deimos could stop it, but truthfully he wasn't really sure what there was to say to that. He looked to the others, kind of hoping someone would help, or else some bolt of inspiration would strike,

9ShTRPz.png
> The Hive
> For Sale
> Brewing, Nest Rental & Lore Shop
[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub]The Coatl furrows his brows, the fan of feathers at either side of his head drooping like the ears of a dog when it's being scolded. It saddened him to see a kid in this state, he loved nothing more than to travel from place to place telling fantastical stories to see children giggle and squeal with delight! The world was harsh and cruel, and the sound of laughter was soothing. Similarly to Deimos, he approaches the little boy and crouches beside him, offering a sympathetic little smile. "[i][color="#53C86D"]Hello little one,[/i][/color]" he says in a honeyed tone. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I apologize for my companion's disposition, we've been under quite a bit of duress these days.[/i][/color]" He glances up at Deimos, before turning his attention back to the little boy. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I'm sure he didn't mean to pry... we're merely concerned. It looks like something happened here, and the last thing we would want to do is cause further damage.[/i][/color]" He was trying to coax some information out of the kid— he may have had half of a brain cell to his name but at least he was good at talking smoothly. ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

The Coatl furrows his brows, the fan of feathers at either side of his head drooping like the ears of a dog when it's being scolded. It saddened him to see a kid in this state, he loved nothing more than to travel from place to place telling fantastical stories to see children giggle and squeal with delight! The world was harsh and cruel, and the sound of laughter was soothing. Similarly to Deimos, he approaches the little boy and crouches beside him, offering a sympathetic little smile.

"Hello little one," he says in a honeyed tone. "I apologize for my companion's disposition, we've been under quite a bit of duress these days." He glances up at Deimos, before turning his attention back to the little boy. "I'm sure he didn't mean to pry... we're merely concerned. It looks like something happened here, and the last thing we would want to do is cause further damage." He was trying to coax some information out of the kid— he may have had half of a brain cell to his name but at least he was good at talking smoothly.

[center][font=courier new]03. [b]MATCHA[/b] tries to coax some information out of the[b] BOY[/b].[/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]At Deimos’ response, the child sticks his tongue out at the dractare and scrunches up his nose. It seems like he meant for that to come out much more maliciously than it did… really, it was just impish at best and disheartening to watch at worst. He discards his stick to the side then, burying his face into his crossed arms and refusing to look at any of the adults around him as he curls up into a tight little ball. Thankfully, at Matcha’s gentle words and soothing tone, he begins to loosen up the smallest amount. One eye peeks out at the Coatl and the boy lets out a huff, sniffling quietly before murmuring something almost unintelligible. He lifts his head then, looking at the curling smoke from the remains of the fire. "[color=758EBD][i]... they took her.[/color]" [/columns] -----
03. MATCHA tries to coax some information out of the BOY.

Ghostly Aura At Deimos’ response, the child sticks his tongue out at the dractare and scrunches up his nose. It seems like he meant for that to come out much more maliciously than it did… really, it was just impish at best and disheartening to watch at worst. He discards his stick to the side then, burying his face into his crossed arms and refusing to look at any of the adults around him as he curls up into a tight little ball.

Thankfully, at Matcha’s gentle words and soothing tone, he begins to loosen up the smallest amount. One eye peeks out at the Coatl and the boy lets out a huff, sniffling quietly before murmuring something almost unintelligible. He lifts his head then, looking at the curling smoke from the remains of the fire. "... they took her."

    [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/271193/27119204.png[/img][color=transparent]oooooooooooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=cambria][size=7][color=transparent]o.o[/color][i][b][color=DA0D03]H[/color][color=8C3375]A[/color][color=3D58E4]L[/color][color=580F14].[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font] [font=corbel][size=3]rugged body — jagged fangs[/size][/font][/columns]   [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][size=3][color=transparent]ooo[/color]coming upon the scene before them wasn't what hal expected, much less the fact that a [i]child[/i] was sitting there with a weapon strapped across his back. staring at the boy, hal didn't say anything as deimos and matcha approached him. instead, hal turned to eye behrad, the plague descendant of the group. shuffling through, he placed himself closer to the other male. [b]"do you see that?"[/b] his tone was low. guarded... meant for only the other to hear. hal was eyeing his weapon. why'd a kid have that?[nextcol][color=transparent]oooooooo[/color]

ooooooo27119204.pngoooooooooooooooo o.oHAL.
rugged body — jagged fangs
ooooooo ooocoming upon the scene before them wasn't what hal expected, much less the fact that a child was sitting there with a weapon strapped across his back. staring at the boy, hal didn't say anything as deimos and matcha approached him. instead, hal turned to eye behrad, the plague descendant of the group. shuffling through, he placed himself closer to the other male. "do you see that?" his tone was low. guarded... meant for only the other to hear. hal was eyeing his weapon. why'd a kid have that? oooooooo
a6JurCN.png
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/473969/47396863p.png[/img][color=transparent]_[nextcol]The landscape was familiar, and it filled Psilocybe with a deep, dreadful anxiety. He'd been deliberately casting his eyes toward the ground as the party walked, so as not to look at Croswell on the horizon. He was aware it made him look a little odd, but he was too apprehensive to care. So, despite the wide-open landscape with miles of visibility, he literally didn't see the ruined camp coming until the group came to a stop. The sight was surreal enough to jar him out of his brooding thoughts. A camp in the middle of the wasteland, with multiple bedrolls and signs of recent use... but the only person around was a curled-up, crying boy. Psilocybe saw Vida stumble as some of the others moved to talk to the child. He thought about reaching out a hand to steady her, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. He should probably just keep his head down and do his part to figure out what had happened here. He broke away from the group and started looking around. He didn't want to touch anything - he didn't know if the kid knew how to use that weapon, and he didn't want to find out the hard way - but he inspected the area around the camp as close as he dared. He wasn't sure what he was looking for - drag marks? Signs of a struggle? Blood? Maybe traces of a spell gone wrong? He hoped he could find [i]something [/i] of use if he looked hard enough.[/columns]
47396863p.png_ The landscape was familiar, and it filled Psilocybe with a deep, dreadful anxiety. He'd been deliberately casting his eyes toward the ground as the party walked, so as not to look at Croswell on the horizon. He was aware it made him look a little odd, but he was too apprehensive to care.

So, despite the wide-open landscape with miles of visibility, he literally didn't see the ruined camp coming until the group came to a stop.

The sight was surreal enough to jar him out of his brooding thoughts. A camp in the middle of the wasteland, with multiple bedrolls and signs of recent use... but the only person around was a curled-up, crying boy.

Psilocybe saw Vida stumble as some of the others moved to talk to the child. He thought about reaching out a hand to steady her, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. He should probably just keep his head down and do his part to figure out what had happened here.

He broke away from the group and started looking around. He didn't want to touch anything - he didn't know if the kid knew how to use that weapon, and he didn't want to find out the hard way - but he inspected the area around the camp as close as he dared. He wasn't sure what he was looking for - drag marks? Signs of a struggle? Blood? Maybe traces of a spell gone wrong? He hoped he could find something of use if he looked hard enough.
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[center][font=courier new]04. [b]PSILOCYBE[/b] tries to investigate the [b] CAMP[/b].[/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]Yup. It's a camp. Nothing weird or shady or dark here. Good job.[/columns] -----
04. PSILOCYBE tries to investigate the CAMP.

Ghostly Aura Yup. It's a camp. Nothing weird or shady or dark here. Good job.

[b]Behrad[/b][emoji=plague rune size=1] Behrad eyed the child warily. He'd been in a similar position to the child many years ago, and it unsettled him deeply in a way he disliked greatly. He grimaced, and looked away from the scene, only to see Hal, the Nature descendant, towering over him. At the mention of the weapon, Behrad forced his gaze back to the little boy almost painfully, as he squinted to see the massive gun poised on the boys back. [b]"What's a kid like him, gonna do with a gun like that?"[/b] Behrad commented in a quiet tone, speaking half to Hal and half to himself. The gun was far too large for the tiny child, the kid would probably dislocate his shoulders just trying to fire the thing. Still, the idea that a child, especially one in clear emotional distress was in possession of a firearm. Any shot from that thing could hurt someone, or draw unwanted attention, and Behrad decidedly didn't want either of those things to come to fruition.
Behrad

Behrad eyed the child warily. He'd been in a similar position to the child many years ago, and it unsettled him deeply in a way he disliked greatly. He grimaced, and looked away from the scene, only to see Hal, the Nature descendant, towering over him. At the mention of the weapon, Behrad forced his gaze back to the little boy almost painfully, as he squinted to see the massive gun poised on the boys back.

"What's a kid like him, gonna do with a gun like that?" Behrad commented in a quiet tone, speaking half to Hal and half to himself. The gun was far too large for the tiny child, the kid would probably dislocate his shoulders just trying to fire the thing. Still, the idea that a child, especially one in clear emotional distress was in possession of a firearm. Any shot from that thing could hurt someone, or draw unwanted attention, and Behrad decidedly didn't want either of those things to come to fruition.
MBjujvx.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43