Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43
Mazon began walking the perimeter of the camp, searching for footprints, drag marks, or any signs of something moving through the terrain.
Mazon began walking the perimeter of the camp, searching for footprints, drag marks, or any signs of something moving through the terrain.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[center][font=courier new]11. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/26#post_42663128][b]MAZON[/b] looks for signs of anything moving through the brush.[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The Pearlcatcher does a thorough job, no one can deny that… but even the best tracker can’t follow what isn’t there. There are no low broken branches, no bodies, no drag marks, no footprints outside of the ones that are tramped all over and around the campsite. It’s like whoever was here just up and vanished into thin air. [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura The Pearlcatcher does a thorough job, no one can deny that… but even the best tracker can’t follow what isn’t there. There are no low broken branches, no bodies, no drag marks, no footprints outside of the ones that are tramped all over and around the campsite. It’s like whoever was here just up and vanished into thin air.

[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina raised a brow at the notebook, and quietly stuffed it into her belongings to take a look at for later. It seemed there were some more interesting things going on at the moment, and she could always take a peek later. She walked over to the others, hands on her hips. "You guys really contemplating stealing the gun from the kid?" she asked quietly, smirking slightly. "He is a [i]kid[/i], you know. Contemplating is a waste of time when you can just grab it within two seconds." Survival of the fittest, and this kid was definitely not fit to carry a lethal weapon. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina raised a brow at the notebook, and quietly stuffed it into her belongings to take a look at for later. It seemed there were some more interesting things going on at the moment, and she could always take a peek later. She walked over to the others, hands on her hips.

"You guys really contemplating stealing the gun from the kid?" she asked quietly, smirking slightly. "He is a kid, you know. Contemplating is a waste of time when you can just grab it within two seconds." Survival of the fittest, and this kid was definitely not fit to carry a lethal weapon.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
Mazon sighed and shook her head. 'How is that even possible? There's not a single sign of anyone coming in or going out. What'd they do, teleport?' she thought, running a hand down her face.
Mazon sighed and shook her head. 'How is that even possible? There's not a single sign of anyone coming in or going out. What'd they do, teleport?' she thought, running a hand down her face.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
    [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/271193/27119204.png[/img][color=transparent]oooooooooooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=cambria][size=7][color=transparent]o.o[/color][i][b][color=DA0D03]H[/color][color=8C3375]A[/color][color=3D58E4]L[/color][color=580F14].[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font] [font=corbel][size=3]rugged body — jagged fangs[/size][/font][/columns]   [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][size=3][color=transparent]ooo[/color]behrad seemed to be on his team for this. crossing his arms over his chest and staring at the boy and matcha staring into the firepit, hal spoke up again with a few ideas. [b]"ask for it, take it without him noticing... or just go and take it."[/b] would the gods like that? it'd help on their journey. hal furrowed his brow, furthering his grumpy exterior as he did what he normally didn't do; mull it over. in that time, sera seemed to pick up on their plan. hal gave her a flat look before looking to behrad. [b]"— i said that."[/b] as if he had to prove it to the light descendant staring at them with her hands on her hips.[nextcol][color=transparent]oooooooo[/color]

ooooooo27119204.pngoooooooooooooooo o.oHAL.
rugged body — jagged fangs
ooooooo ooobehrad seemed to be on his team for this. crossing his arms over his chest and staring at the boy and matcha staring into the firepit, hal spoke up again with a few ideas. "ask for it, take it without him noticing... or just go and take it." would the gods like that? it'd help on their journey. hal furrowed his brow, furthering his grumpy exterior as he did what he normally didn't do; mull it over. in that time, sera seemed to pick up on their plan. hal gave her a flat look before looking to behrad. "— i said that." as if he had to prove it to the light descendant staring at them with her hands on her hips. oooooooo
a6JurCN.png
Vida tucked away the chip near the bottom for later reference, then leaned in closer to the wall. There was something odd about the aura of the barrier - it didn't feel like the boy's making, and anyways he would have reacted to her intrusion by now if it were.

She was just about to give up her careful scrutiny and try her luck with the chip when she noticed the symbol carved into the wall. Curiosity piqued anew, she leaned in as close as she dared, trying to see what she could make of the strange rune.
Vida tucked away the chip near the bottom for later reference, then leaned in closer to the wall. There was something odd about the aura of the barrier - it didn't feel like the boy's making, and anyways he would have reacted to her intrusion by now if it were.

She was just about to give up her careful scrutiny and try her luck with the chip when she noticed the symbol carved into the wall. Curiosity piqued anew, she leaned in as close as she dared, trying to see what she could make of the strange rune.
a8byJKr.gif
[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina blew out a soft breath, her eyes going wide. "Ask for it...?" she repeated, as if she hadn't even thought of such an idea. And to be quite frank, she hadn't. She hadn't even properly talked to a kid since her Convergence ceremony years ago, since her clan was always greatly separated between the age groups. It certainly did [i]seem[/i] less morally ambiguous than stealing from a crying child, though... She bit her lip, hating the idea of seeming soft in front of the others, and yet... some part of her was starting to feel [i]bad[/i]. Ugh. Clearing her throat roughly, she stepped forward a little. "Hey uh.... kid? Whatever your name is? Do you know how to use that thing?" She gestured at the arquebus with one hand, the other still resting at her waist. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina blew out a soft breath, her eyes going wide. "Ask for it...?" she repeated, as if she hadn't even thought of such an idea. And to be quite frank, she hadn't. She hadn't even properly talked to a kid since her Convergence ceremony years ago, since her clan was always greatly separated between the age groups.

It certainly did seem less morally ambiguous than stealing from a crying child, though... She bit her lip, hating the idea of seeming soft in front of the others, and yet... some part of her was starting to feel bad. Ugh.

Clearing her throat roughly, she stepped forward a little. "Hey uh.... kid? Whatever your name is? Do you know how to use that thing?" She gestured at the arquebus with one hand, the other still resting at her waist.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[center][font=courier new]12. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/26#post_42663506][b]VIDA[/b] investigates the [b]RUNE[/b].[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]It’s hard to make out what it is, exactly. Vida hadn’t received any formal training in magic, so there was no way to tell its origin or what it could be connected to. The constantly shifting and pulsing surface of the barrier makes it nigh impossible to get a good read on it… the only thing she can really tell about it is that it feels malevolent and powerful… far too powerful for a mere child. [/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura It’s hard to make out what it is, exactly. Vida hadn’t received any formal training in magic, so there was no way to tell its origin or what it could be connected to. The constantly shifting and pulsing surface of the barrier makes it nigh impossible to get a good read on it… the only thing she can really tell about it is that it feels malevolent and powerful… far too powerful for a mere child.

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NpfFrZv.png[/img][/center] [columns][center][img]https://i.gyazo.com/3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png[/img] [/center] [nextcol] This was borderline ridiculous. As the others hastened to try to make sense of the situation, Cerena lingered back, her arms crossed as she stared impatiently at her party. She huffed to herself, blowing hot air to get her fringe out of the way. She would have preferred to do this on her own. To split off and continue on her merry way. But alas, it was important for them to stick together. If not for the sake of their quest, but at least so that she would have a meat shield in case any… 'Tall Dog' decided to come back to attack. Stuck here in the meanwhile, Cerena decided to make the most of her time and inspect the camp for any possible shiny valuables which she could pilfer – under the guise of trying to solve this mystery, of course. [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NpfFrZv.png[/img][/center]
NpfFrZv.png
3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png
This was borderline ridiculous. As the others hastened to try to make sense of the situation, Cerena lingered back, her arms crossed as she stared impatiently at her party. She huffed to herself, blowing hot air to get her fringe out of the way.

She would have preferred to do this on her own. To split off and continue on her merry way. But alas, it was important for them to stick together. If not for the sake of their quest, but at least so that she would have a meat shield in case any… 'Tall Dog' decided to come back to attack.

Stuck here in the meanwhile, Cerena decided to make the most of her time and inspect the camp for any possible shiny valuables which she could pilfer – under the guise of trying to solve this mystery, of course.
NpfFrZv.png
goSc2L4.png
[center][font=courier new]13. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/26#post_42663543][b]SERAPHINA[/b] asks about the [b]ARQUEBUS[/b].[/url][/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]The child looks up at Seraphina, and for the first time the group can get a good look at his face, now uncovered by his arms or hands and turned towards the light of the sun. Watery blue eyes stare up at the Skydancer, bloodshot from crying and rimmed with red, there’s a light smattering of scales across his cheeks that are somewhat hidden by the dust and dirt on his skin. The most alarming thing about his appearance is the laceration on his right cheek to the bridge of his nose, still fresh and just beginning to scab over. When she mentions the arquebus, he moves with surprising agility to take it off his back, clutching it to his chest like a frightened child might do to a doll. He glares up at her, now incredibly wary, rocketing to his feet though he makes no move to brandish the firearm like an actual weapon, still holding onto it tightly. “[color=758EBD][i]I don’t know how to use it… M-My mum’s teaching me to be a spellcaster, this is—[/color]” There’s a beat. “[color=758EBD][i][b]—was[/b] my pa’s.[/color]” Now that he’s standing up, the rest of him can be seen. Two digitigrade legs emerge from the skirt-like garment tied around his waist, tough and scaly with raptor-like claws at the ends. A demihuman.[/columns] -----

Ghostly Aura The child looks up at Seraphina, and for the first time the group can get a good look at his face, now uncovered by his arms or hands and turned towards the light of the sun. Watery blue eyes stare up at the Skydancer, bloodshot from crying and rimmed with red, there’s a light smattering of scales across his cheeks that are somewhat hidden by the dust and dirt on his skin. The most alarming thing about his appearance is the laceration on his right cheek to the bridge of his nose, still fresh and just beginning to scab over.

When she mentions the arquebus, he moves with surprising agility to take it off his back, clutching it to his chest like a frightened child might do to a doll. He glares up at her, now incredibly wary, rocketing to his feet though he makes no move to brandish the firearm like an actual weapon, still holding onto it tightly. “I don’t know how to use it… M-My mum’s teaching me to be a spellcaster, this is—” There’s a beat. “—was my pa’s.” Now that he’s standing up, the rest of him can be seen. Two digitigrade legs emerge from the skirt-like garment tied around his waist, tough and scaly with raptor-like claws at the ends. A demihuman.

1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43