Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
“What’s that supposed to-“ she snapped back angrily, confused and alarmed.
That was when Tricks thrust himself in front of her and hissed.
She tried to back away and yelped when his claws cut into her shoulders. She tried to tell him to stop, she tried to call out for help, she tried to say anything, but the words stuck in her throat and only came out as a pitiful whimper.
She shrank back from the eyes, she squirmed, she tried to get away. Her heart throbbed in her chest, fear coursing through her. Her thoughts screamed at her to get away, every instinct in her body told her to fight, to scratch and bite, to rid herself of this assailant. It was chaos... entropy... she couldn’t take it.... she couldn’t take it!!
“MY NAME IS DUMORTIERITE!!!!!!!” she screamed, tears welling up in her eyes. “I... I ran away from my clan with my sister and a friend because we were infected and we didn’t want to be put with the others. We got separated... I don’t know where they are now, I can’t go back, and wherever I go I always end up panicking and hurting people. THAT is why I didn’t want to have anything to do with you people!!!!”
How light one feels with the weight of their sins off their chest...
“What’s that supposed to-“ she snapped back angrily, confused and alarmed.
That was when Tricks thrust himself in front of her and hissed.
She tried to back away and yelped when his claws cut into her shoulders. She tried to tell him to stop, she tried to call out for help, she tried to say anything, but the words stuck in her throat and only came out as a pitiful whimper.
She shrank back from the eyes, she squirmed, she tried to get away. Her heart throbbed in her chest, fear coursing through her. Her thoughts screamed at her to get away, every instinct in her body told her to fight, to scratch and bite, to rid herself of this assailant. It was chaos... entropy... she couldn’t take it.... she couldn’t take it!!
“MY NAME IS DUMORTIERITE!!!!!!!” she screamed, tears welling up in her eyes. “I... I ran away from my clan with my sister and a friend because we were infected and we didn’t want to be put with the others. We got separated... I don’t know where they are now, I can’t go back, and wherever I go I always end up panicking and hurting people. THAT is why I didn’t want to have anything to do with you people!!!!”
How light one feels with the weight of their sins off their chest...
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Tricks

Tricks flared a few breathes more before loosening his grip to stop hurting her. His voice grew into a coherent sound, turning back to his normal voice he spoke with a lighter tone than a few moments ago, “There we are... there we are... how difficult must one be to keep little sins to self and rot in all darkness of their own making? Honestly... you are not worse than me. You don’t need to hide. Hiding makes it worse. It bubbles, burns rots writhes and more. It is a terrible thing to keep to oneself.”

His ghostly hands wrapped around her back as he let go and patted her on the head, “You may hurt others but you don’t wish to. You are not worse than me. So don’t cry alone. If you say something there are many good people that would want to help you. Even if you hurt them, they would understand... but you need to find them first I know that much. But isn’t it better now. Your heart isn’t rotting like it was a moment before.” Tricks was still uncomfortably close, however, he was giving Dumortierite some breathing room.

SeaWeed

He turned to look at Lepi- no. Dumortierite in a near disbelief. However, that went away soon enough. He was a tad angry but, Tricks was doing enough damage. Honestly Tricks was a wild card. Always telling him to be patient yet Tricks himself was a contradiction to everything he ever said. For now SeaWeed didn’t say anything nor stepped in to separate them. Tricks was calming down now so it would be fine for the most part. Instead he tried to focus on cleaning his trident. Though his whiskers twitched in annoyance and such.
Tricks

Tricks flared a few breathes more before loosening his grip to stop hurting her. His voice grew into a coherent sound, turning back to his normal voice he spoke with a lighter tone than a few moments ago, “There we are... there we are... how difficult must one be to keep little sins to self and rot in all darkness of their own making? Honestly... you are not worse than me. You don’t need to hide. Hiding makes it worse. It bubbles, burns rots writhes and more. It is a terrible thing to keep to oneself.”

His ghostly hands wrapped around her back as he let go and patted her on the head, “You may hurt others but you don’t wish to. You are not worse than me. So don’t cry alone. If you say something there are many good people that would want to help you. Even if you hurt them, they would understand... but you need to find them first I know that much. But isn’t it better now. Your heart isn’t rotting like it was a moment before.” Tricks was still uncomfortably close, however, he was giving Dumortierite some breathing room.

SeaWeed

He turned to look at Lepi- no. Dumortierite in a near disbelief. However, that went away soon enough. He was a tad angry but, Tricks was doing enough damage. Honestly Tricks was a wild card. Always telling him to be patient yet Tricks himself was a contradiction to everything he ever said. For now SeaWeed didn’t say anything nor stepped in to separate them. Tricks was calming down now so it would be fine for the most part. Instead he tried to focus on cleaning his trident. Though his whiskers twitched in annoyance and such.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
She flinched as he touched her, still not comfortable with someone trying to comfort her.
He wasn’t going to kill her... she could calm down... he wasn’t hurting her...
She looked at her shoulder where his claws had dug in. Blood was seeping from the wounds, trickling down her arm. She could smell it. She could feel its heat. She could feel the life pumping through her and the wildclaw in front of her... she... she needed to calm down... she had to calm down!
She began to writhe, her eyes shutting as she growled, straining to keep herself in control.
“please... just let me go... I won’t bother any of you again, just let me leave!!”
the imperial... the fae... those eyes... they stared at her... her sister... her mother.... her father.... she was a monster... and they were staring at her!
She flinched as he touched her, still not comfortable with someone trying to comfort her.
He wasn’t going to kill her... she could calm down... he wasn’t hurting her...
She looked at her shoulder where his claws had dug in. Blood was seeping from the wounds, trickling down her arm. She could smell it. She could feel its heat. She could feel the life pumping through her and the wildclaw in front of her... she... she needed to calm down... she had to calm down!
She began to writhe, her eyes shutting as she growled, straining to keep herself in control.
“please... just let me go... I won’t bother any of you again, just let me leave!!”
the imperial... the fae... those eyes... they stared at her... her sister... her mother.... her father.... she was a monster... and they were staring at her!
Bead stood in shocked silence. Dumortierite. She wondered why Dumortierite had chosen to give them a fake name. Though, Bead understood she didn't seem like the most open book.

Bead let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding when Tricks removed his claws from Dumortierite's shoulders. She was ready to step forward and maybe help heal Dumortierite. Bead stopped herself, however, when she started shaking and growling. Not only did Dumortierite seem like she wanted space, but Bead worried that she was shifting.
Bead stood in shocked silence. Dumortierite. She wondered why Dumortierite had chosen to give them a fake name. Though, Bead understood she didn't seem like the most open book.

Bead let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding when Tricks removed his claws from Dumortierite's shoulders. She was ready to step forward and maybe help heal Dumortierite. Bead stopped herself, however, when she started shaking and growling. Not only did Dumortierite seem like she wanted space, but Bead worried that she was shifting.
Tricks

Dumortierite started to shake under his shadow. He huffed as she whimpered out her proclamation. He let out a sigh, “I am merely telling truths. Wether you see that as comforting is up to you I suppose. Now then....” he slapped her across the face and grabbed her chin lightly to have her look at him. His voice was changing again to try to get her attention on him, “Oi! Listen right now! I never spoke of making you leave. I never once said such things. Look at me and focus. You are here not there. Wherever your mind is wondering off to in its fear. Tell me, whisper if you must, your fears. I wish to see what horrors you see. What things are so terrifying that one would become like yourself. Tell me those, whisper them to me. I hold all manner of terrible secrets whispered to me.”

His candles floated nearby whispering their horrors, their terrors. His tail flicked again and his wings started to close, the eyes looked like how they normally were. Nothing but patterns. Their glow stopping while his collar continued its glow. His eyes bore into her, holding their own secrets. He could keep a few, or at least twist them so much that no one would realize the story was real. His ghostly hands receding a little but still arching over, though not touching.
Tricks

Dumortierite started to shake under his shadow. He huffed as she whimpered out her proclamation. He let out a sigh, “I am merely telling truths. Wether you see that as comforting is up to you I suppose. Now then....” he slapped her across the face and grabbed her chin lightly to have her look at him. His voice was changing again to try to get her attention on him, “Oi! Listen right now! I never spoke of making you leave. I never once said such things. Look at me and focus. You are here not there. Wherever your mind is wondering off to in its fear. Tell me, whisper if you must, your fears. I wish to see what horrors you see. What things are so terrifying that one would become like yourself. Tell me those, whisper them to me. I hold all manner of terrible secrets whispered to me.”

His candles floated nearby whispering their horrors, their terrors. His tail flicked again and his wings started to close, the eyes looked like how they normally were. Nothing but patterns. Their glow stopping while his collar continued its glow. His eyes bore into her, holding their own secrets. He could keep a few, or at least twist them so much that no one would realize the story was real. His ghostly hands receding a little but still arching over, though not touching.
She continued to whimper pitifully as her mind spiraled downwards until Tricks' slap snapped her out of it. She stared at him, her eyes wide as saucers, still trembling.
She could hear the whispers...
Her voice was faint and cracked. "My mother and father... they always told me that the toxic dragons should be feared... that they were wrong, that they were disgusting and infectious and we needed to stay away... wh-what was I supposed to do when I found out I was one of them...?" she paused, a tear slipping from her eye. She grit her teeth, another growl escaping from her as she struggled against herself.
"That night... the night we tried to escape... we had to go through the toxic zone... Waldo... she got caught, we tried to save her... when we got there... that... thing... that Imperial.... he was drowning her... we fought him off... but he told us... he told us that.... we would never be able to escape... the plague would find us... i-i don't want to be a monster... i don't want to hurt people..."
She was slipping.
She continued to whimper pitifully as her mind spiraled downwards until Tricks' slap snapped her out of it. She stared at him, her eyes wide as saucers, still trembling.
She could hear the whispers...
Her voice was faint and cracked. "My mother and father... they always told me that the toxic dragons should be feared... that they were wrong, that they were disgusting and infectious and we needed to stay away... wh-what was I supposed to do when I found out I was one of them...?" she paused, a tear slipping from her eye. She grit her teeth, another growl escaping from her as she struggled against herself.
"That night... the night we tried to escape... we had to go through the toxic zone... Waldo... she got caught, we tried to save her... when we got there... that... thing... that Imperial.... he was drowning her... we fought him off... but he told us... he told us that.... we would never be able to escape... the plague would find us... i-i don't want to be a monster... i don't want to hurt people..."
She was slipping.
Tricks

He stared for a moment. Then he made a dramatic sound of dismissal, waving a hand half heartedly “Bah! Then don’t. Simple as can ever be really. You have no desire for such then that is what you need. A desire, a reason and burning passion for something to start accomplishing something. You desire not to be what you fear, then you won’t. Acceptance doesn’t mean you are evil. That is what Selory says. Accept your flaws and fix them over time to be able to live with them.” He shook his head, and clicked his tongue before continuing, “You hurt, your hurting, you hate it. So... is that a monster I wonder? If that is what a monster is like I can barely imagine a description for one such as myself and those I have met before...”

His smile returned for a moment, it was a horrible grin that had an air of reminiscing. However, as quick as it came it was gone. He continued more smoothly, “You are no monster. You become a monster the moment you enjoy the thought of killing for no other reason than you can. To be infected is your flight. It is apart of you and those I know of the flight. It isn’t wrong, nor right. Infection is the way of plague, you are blessed and cursed both. Loved by the gods, hated by idiots. No worries. That is beyond you, past will never change but... the future is a different set of infinite story possibilities to chose. You are you and that is all that really matter huh?” He shrugs, his voice turning back to that hopping entertainer.

He smiles a nice smile now, a playful grin. His wings stay half folded as he leans in with a look of mischief, “You can’t control the whims of others but... do you wanna know? Do you wanna know the truth of the plague?” As he said that his magic cards came from his right sleeve which was free and away from Dumortierite’s face. The plague and truth cards floating together and starting to glow a gentle red. Beckoning her forward perhaps. He had a face of mischievous delight. It was hard to tell if he was bipolar or just insane.

His candles floated away a little, containing a new whispering secret within. Though it was quiet unlike the other silent screams. The collar glowing a dull blue now, his gems reflecting the red and blue light both.
Tricks

He stared for a moment. Then he made a dramatic sound of dismissal, waving a hand half heartedly “Bah! Then don’t. Simple as can ever be really. You have no desire for such then that is what you need. A desire, a reason and burning passion for something to start accomplishing something. You desire not to be what you fear, then you won’t. Acceptance doesn’t mean you are evil. That is what Selory says. Accept your flaws and fix them over time to be able to live with them.” He shook his head, and clicked his tongue before continuing, “You hurt, your hurting, you hate it. So... is that a monster I wonder? If that is what a monster is like I can barely imagine a description for one such as myself and those I have met before...”

His smile returned for a moment, it was a horrible grin that had an air of reminiscing. However, as quick as it came it was gone. He continued more smoothly, “You are no monster. You become a monster the moment you enjoy the thought of killing for no other reason than you can. To be infected is your flight. It is apart of you and those I know of the flight. It isn’t wrong, nor right. Infection is the way of plague, you are blessed and cursed both. Loved by the gods, hated by idiots. No worries. That is beyond you, past will never change but... the future is a different set of infinite story possibilities to chose. You are you and that is all that really matter huh?” He shrugs, his voice turning back to that hopping entertainer.

He smiles a nice smile now, a playful grin. His wings stay half folded as he leans in with a look of mischief, “You can’t control the whims of others but... do you wanna know? Do you wanna know the truth of the plague?” As he said that his magic cards came from his right sleeve which was free and away from Dumortierite’s face. The plague and truth cards floating together and starting to glow a gentle red. Beckoning her forward perhaps. He had a face of mischievous delight. It was hard to tell if he was bipolar or just insane.

His candles floated away a little, containing a new whispering secret within. Though it was quiet unlike the other silent screams. The collar glowing a dull blue now, his gems reflecting the red and blue light both.
Getting ready to step forward, Bead wanted to offer Dumortierite comfort. Then she saw Tricks' cards floating in front of Dumortierite's face. She didn't think now was the time to step in so she flopped onto the ground and laid her head on her paws. Bead was also pretty interested in what Tricks was about to do with the cards. She glanced over at SeaWeed, wondering what he thought of all this.
Getting ready to step forward, Bead wanted to offer Dumortierite comfort. Then she saw Tricks' cards floating in front of Dumortierite's face. She didn't think now was the time to step in so she flopped onto the ground and laid her head on her paws. Bead was also pretty interested in what Tricks was about to do with the cards. She glanced over at SeaWeed, wondering what he thought of all this.
SeaWeed

SeaWeed finally could find nothing more to clean or repair or sharpen on his trident. So he sighed before sheathing it. Looking over at Tricks before just as quickly looking to Bead instead. He looked very worried about what Tricks was up to. However, after a moment his expression calmed as he thought about it. So instead he sat next to Bead although he looked to be staring off into the sky for the moment. Not wanting to look at Dumortierite and the situation she was in at the moment.

He seemed uninterested in her and Bead both. Seemed he was pulling back into himself again. Although, he was still worried for all their safety. He was trying to stay calm and loyal to Tricks for the moment.
SeaWeed

SeaWeed finally could find nothing more to clean or repair or sharpen on his trident. So he sighed before sheathing it. Looking over at Tricks before just as quickly looking to Bead instead. He looked very worried about what Tricks was up to. However, after a moment his expression calmed as he thought about it. So instead he sat next to Bead although he looked to be staring off into the sky for the moment. Not wanting to look at Dumortierite and the situation she was in at the moment.

He seemed uninterested in her and Bead both. Seemed he was pulling back into himself again. Although, he was still worried for all their safety. He was trying to stay calm and loyal to Tricks for the moment.
Dumortierite was still struggling to stay in control, but with Tricks' change in tone it became a bit easier.
She knew he was right... but it would be hard accepting her toxic curse.
To hear that she wasn't a monster drew her further away from the edge, and her head drooped as tears continued to stream from her eyes.
When he posed the question of truth, she looked back up, her eyes still watering but curiosity and desire beginning to spark. She nodded solemnly, turning towards the glowing cards and leaning in.
Dumortierite was still struggling to stay in control, but with Tricks' change in tone it became a bit easier.
She knew he was right... but it would be hard accepting her toxic curse.
To hear that she wasn't a monster drew her further away from the edge, and her head drooped as tears continued to stream from her eyes.
When he posed the question of truth, she looked back up, her eyes still watering but curiosity and desire beginning to spark. She nodded solemnly, turning towards the glowing cards and leaning in.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19