Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19
SeaWeed/Tricks
He cringed at the screaming. He had not meant to harm like that. He swooped down, landing with a thud. With the last spear he turned it into a glob of water. Using his magic he made the bits of ice and water move away and gently washed away the toxic substance that was left. Once gone he picked up the writhing Nocturne. Using the water, he wrapped it gently around her wounds.
It was partially his fault for not controlling his magic properly. So, he would try to fix this terrible mistake.
The water started to glow softly and gently pulse with energy and he poured some mana into it. Trying to help heal the wounds. He wrapped a paw around the Nocturnes head and gently, but firmly pressed their head into his neck/chest. He hummed out a silent hush. It came out as nothing more than a whispering breathe. He would fix this terrible mistake. Even if a moment ago he was ready to kill.
Upon hearing her, he knew what Tricks had said was most likely true. He sighed to himself. What a mess he had gotten into.

Meanwhile, Tricks had finally managed to wipe away the substance. His horns had some holes in them and now looked terrible but he didn’t really mind that. The feathers were barely feathers anymore. He walked up to Bead with a now soft smile on his face. He shook his head, “Se. aWeed knows h. is magic... yo. u shouldn’t have d. one that... Now that i. s the con. sequence of meddl. ing... SeaWeed k. nows me. If you ha. d payed att. ention then you woul. d’ve found no m. urderous intent. Tsk tsk.” He said those words and yet he was more upset that she had caused an accident that made him have to wait to ask questions.
He looked at Bead to see how she would react to the situation and his words. That was at least one interesting thing that could keep him busy for now. Though his claws tapped into the sand in anticipation for Lepidolites answers for her story. They also tapped in irritation. Even the eyes on his feathers looked like they were glaring. The candles close by as well, seemed to flicker in agitation.
Without his mask one could clearly see a face lined with crystals of a dull purple. With bright swirling eyes and oil black head feathers with glowing blue markings that looked like eyes.
SeaWeed/Tricks
He cringed at the screaming. He had not meant to harm like that. He swooped down, landing with a thud. With the last spear he turned it into a glob of water. Using his magic he made the bits of ice and water move away and gently washed away the toxic substance that was left. Once gone he picked up the writhing Nocturne. Using the water, he wrapped it gently around her wounds.
It was partially his fault for not controlling his magic properly. So, he would try to fix this terrible mistake.
The water started to glow softly and gently pulse with energy and he poured some mana into it. Trying to help heal the wounds. He wrapped a paw around the Nocturnes head and gently, but firmly pressed their head into his neck/chest. He hummed out a silent hush. It came out as nothing more than a whispering breathe. He would fix this terrible mistake. Even if a moment ago he was ready to kill.
Upon hearing her, he knew what Tricks had said was most likely true. He sighed to himself. What a mess he had gotten into.

Meanwhile, Tricks had finally managed to wipe away the substance. His horns had some holes in them and now looked terrible but he didn’t really mind that. The feathers were barely feathers anymore. He walked up to Bead with a now soft smile on his face. He shook his head, “Se. aWeed knows h. is magic... yo. u shouldn’t have d. one that... Now that i. s the con. sequence of meddl. ing... SeaWeed k. nows me. If you ha. d payed att. ention then you woul. d’ve found no m. urderous intent. Tsk tsk.” He said those words and yet he was more upset that she had caused an accident that made him have to wait to ask questions.
He looked at Bead to see how she would react to the situation and his words. That was at least one interesting thing that could keep him busy for now. Though his claws tapped into the sand in anticipation for Lepidolites answers for her story. They also tapped in irritation. Even the eyes on his feathers looked like they were glaring. The candles close by as well, seemed to flicker in agitation.
Without his mask one could clearly see a face lined with crystals of a dull purple. With bright swirling eyes and oil black head feathers with glowing blue markings that looked like eyes.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Tears stung Bead's eyes. She had just made everything so much worse. She was just trying to help but ended up causing pain that wouldn't have even happened if she hadn't intervened. But how was she supposed to know SeaWeed's intent? She didn't know him that well.

"I didn't know. How was I supposed to know?" Bead whispered to the ground, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes. She felt so guilty and a bit embarrassed. Bead attempted to shove back all emotion and walked over to stand beside SeaWeed and Dumo.

"I'm so sorry Lepidolite...this is all my fault...are you okay?" Bead asked quietly, voice cracking the tiniest bit. Lepidolite didn't look very good. Bead wanted to help heal her but SeaWeed seemed to be taking care of that and Bead didn't want to intervene and end up making things worse, again.
Tears stung Bead's eyes. She had just made everything so much worse. She was just trying to help but ended up causing pain that wouldn't have even happened if she hadn't intervened. But how was she supposed to know SeaWeed's intent? She didn't know him that well.

"I didn't know. How was I supposed to know?" Bead whispered to the ground, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes. She felt so guilty and a bit embarrassed. Bead attempted to shove back all emotion and walked over to stand beside SeaWeed and Dumo.

"I'm so sorry Lepidolite...this is all my fault...are you okay?" Bead asked quietly, voice cracking the tiniest bit. Lepidolite didn't look very good. Bead wanted to help heal her but SeaWeed seemed to be taking care of that and Bead didn't want to intervene and end up making things worse, again.
SeaWeed
He turned at the sound of Beads footfalls. He grumbled a little but he could tell that she was distressed. He kept his lecture to himself for now. He focused on comforting and healing Lepidolite. Although, he answered Bead for her, "She is in shock and pain, I doubt she is fine. Appears that her... acidic venom taxes her greatly too. Leave us be for now Bead... Go speak to Tricks, he needs to be kept busy to not cause trouble."

By the tone of SeaWeed's voice it was clear he wanted Bead gone. But his word was genuine. Tricks would start to make trouble if he wasn't kept occupied. Plus Bead could rant to Tricks about something or bond or something like that while he tended to Lepidolite.
SeaWeed
He turned at the sound of Beads footfalls. He grumbled a little but he could tell that she was distressed. He kept his lecture to himself for now. He focused on comforting and healing Lepidolite. Although, he answered Bead for her, "She is in shock and pain, I doubt she is fine. Appears that her... acidic venom taxes her greatly too. Leave us be for now Bead... Go speak to Tricks, he needs to be kept busy to not cause trouble."

By the tone of SeaWeed's voice it was clear he wanted Bead gone. But his word was genuine. Tricks would start to make trouble if he wasn't kept occupied. Plus Bead could rant to Tricks about something or bond or something like that while he tended to Lepidolite.
Bead's face burned as she turned to walk back to Tricks. Keep him busy? She wasn't sure how exactly she was going to do that.

"Hey Tricks," she paused, racking her brain. "So, how long have you known SeaWeed?" She fidgeted, hoping that Tricks would answer. Not necessarily because she was desperate for the answer but because she'd been told to keep Tricks busy and she just wanted him to talk to her. She wanted to think about something other than this situation.
Bead's face burned as she turned to walk back to Tricks. Keep him busy? She wasn't sure how exactly she was going to do that.

"Hey Tricks," she paused, racking her brain. "So, how long have you known SeaWeed?" She fidgeted, hoping that Tricks would answer. Not necessarily because she was desperate for the answer but because she'd been told to keep Tricks busy and she just wanted him to talk to her. She wanted to think about something other than this situation.
Tricks
Tricks stared for a moment before turning and finding a good spot of sand, dug it out a little and laid down. Tapping on the sand next to him as a gesture for her to do the same. It was a tad sunnier in this spot and the sand was already heated up a little. It would be a nice spot to talk. Not to mention it was a tad far from the other two and he was facing away from them.

(Sorry, gonna move ya along a tiny bit. Hope that ain’t a problem.) As Bead came closer to potentially sit or lay down next to him he spoke with a gentle tone, his voice clear again, “I’ve known SeaWeed for a long time. His whole life, nearly. I had seen him as a hatchling. I now see him as a young adult....” His voice turned cynically dark for a few moments as he said, “... I wonder how long he has to live...”

Shaking his head and that dark thought away, he continued, “I know I sound old... I am old after all. But I am no elder just yet! Selory is older than I by many years so I don’t doubt he is old enough to be an elder. Yet he is so full of energy...” Voice trailing, it was soft with a hint of pride. It was very easy to assume who he spoke of in that moment, he held them very highly and dearly.
Tricks
Tricks stared for a moment before turning and finding a good spot of sand, dug it out a little and laid down. Tapping on the sand next to him as a gesture for her to do the same. It was a tad sunnier in this spot and the sand was already heated up a little. It would be a nice spot to talk. Not to mention it was a tad far from the other two and he was facing away from them.

(Sorry, gonna move ya along a tiny bit. Hope that ain’t a problem.) As Bead came closer to potentially sit or lay down next to him he spoke with a gentle tone, his voice clear again, “I’ve known SeaWeed for a long time. His whole life, nearly. I had seen him as a hatchling. I now see him as a young adult....” His voice turned cynically dark for a few moments as he said, “... I wonder how long he has to live...”

Shaking his head and that dark thought away, he continued, “I know I sound old... I am old after all. But I am no elder just yet! Selory is older than I by many years so I don’t doubt he is old enough to be an elder. Yet he is so full of energy...” Voice trailing, it was soft with a hint of pride. It was very easy to assume who he spoke of in that moment, he held them very highly and dearly.
Dumo was still whimpering, but she seemed slightly more at ease.
“i’m sorry... i’m sorry.... i’m so sorry...” she kept whispering it over and over as tears continued to stream from her eyes, both from the pain and from overwhelming despair.
She remembered every face of every dragon she had ever hurt. She had seem their bodies mangled, twisted, scorched and screaming. What help could she offer them? None that she knew of. So she ran. She kept running and never stopped. She didn’t want to stop, she didn’t want to hurt anymore, she just wanted to be a normal Nocturne living with her clan back in the Scarred Wasteland. She missed her sister, she missed her mother and father, she missed her friends, and she had no idea if she would ever see any of them again.
She had built up a weight on her soul, and no matter where she ran or how fast, it was the only thing she couldn’t get rid of. And now, cradled in SeaWeed’s arms, feeling the healing water cool her wounds, being hushed just as if she were a child once more, she felt the weight finally slipping away in her tears.
Perhaps she needed friends after all.
Dumo was still whimpering, but she seemed slightly more at ease.
“i’m sorry... i’m sorry.... i’m so sorry...” she kept whispering it over and over as tears continued to stream from her eyes, both from the pain and from overwhelming despair.
She remembered every face of every dragon she had ever hurt. She had seem their bodies mangled, twisted, scorched and screaming. What help could she offer them? None that she knew of. So she ran. She kept running and never stopped. She didn’t want to stop, she didn’t want to hurt anymore, she just wanted to be a normal Nocturne living with her clan back in the Scarred Wasteland. She missed her sister, she missed her mother and father, she missed her friends, and she had no idea if she would ever see any of them again.
She had built up a weight on her soul, and no matter where she ran or how fast, it was the only thing she couldn’t get rid of. And now, cradled in SeaWeed’s arms, feeling the healing water cool her wounds, being hushed just as if she were a child once more, she felt the weight finally slipping away in her tears.
Perhaps she needed friends after all.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed
As he moved Lepidolite away from the messy area he heard her whimpers. That made him feel terrible. Having heard such things from himself he knew how it was to be sad. Though, their circumstances are different he knew what pain was. Now he was feeling more guilty and knew he really needed to help. His pride as a noble warrior of his clan was at stake. However, more than that, the ideals of his leader were at stake here.

He laid down in the sand a bit away from the carnage and wrapped around Lepidolite. Still cradling her close to his chest he thought for a moment. What should he do? Then, his mind wondered to when he was sad and felt defeated. He remembered something that really helped him calm down. So he leaned in close to Lepidolite. His whiskers gently resting on and around her. His trident off to the outside of the circle. He then whispered out a song, or at least the melody of a song.

It was soft and warm, inviting and kind. It was as if SeaWeed’s voice wasn’t his own in that moment, as one wouldn’t think it possible for him to sing in that tone. Although, the song was still kinda changed due to his natural sounds leaning more towards whales when he sung at low pitches.
SeaWeed
As he moved Lepidolite away from the messy area he heard her whimpers. That made him feel terrible. Having heard such things from himself he knew how it was to be sad. Though, their circumstances are different he knew what pain was. Now he was feeling more guilty and knew he really needed to help. His pride as a noble warrior of his clan was at stake. However, more than that, the ideals of his leader were at stake here.

He laid down in the sand a bit away from the carnage and wrapped around Lepidolite. Still cradling her close to his chest he thought for a moment. What should he do? Then, his mind wondered to when he was sad and felt defeated. He remembered something that really helped him calm down. So he leaned in close to Lepidolite. His whiskers gently resting on and around her. His trident off to the outside of the circle. He then whispered out a song, or at least the melody of a song.

It was soft and warm, inviting and kind. It was as if SeaWeed’s voice wasn’t his own in that moment, as one wouldn’t think it possible for him to sing in that tone. Although, the song was still kinda changed due to his natural sounds leaning more towards whales when he sung at low pitches.
Bead settled in next to Tricks. She found herself quickly comforted by the conversation and the warm sand she was laying in. She listened to Tricks talk, recoiling the tiniest bit when his voice went dark and he insinuated SeaWeeds quickly approaching demise. Bead hardly had time to ponder why he would say something like that before he was on to the next topic. She decided to let it go and just see where the conversation went.

Moments later, he paused after he spoke almost reverently of another dragon, or at least, she assumed he was talking about a dragon.

"Who is Selory?" Bead wondered aloud, loud enough for Tricks to hear her but still following the fairly quiet tone of their conversation.
Bead settled in next to Tricks. She found herself quickly comforted by the conversation and the warm sand she was laying in. She listened to Tricks talk, recoiling the tiniest bit when his voice went dark and he insinuated SeaWeeds quickly approaching demise. Bead hardly had time to ponder why he would say something like that before he was on to the next topic. She decided to let it go and just see where the conversation went.

Moments later, he paused after he spoke almost reverently of another dragon, or at least, she assumed he was talking about a dragon.

"Who is Selory?" Bead wondered aloud, loud enough for Tricks to hear her but still following the fairly quiet tone of their conversation.
Tricks

Smiling warmly and radiating a sort of warmth and compassion, Tricks looked to the sky for a moment and continued, “Selory is the clan leader. A father figure for me. Picked me up and brought me in when no one else wanted me. Finding me dangerous and horrible while he saw me as more than that. Heh...”

Looking down he paused before continuing pride coming into his tone, “Selory is the most kindhearted dragon you would ever meet. He is actually trying to make peace with the neighboring beastfolk and other dragon clans. He is amazing in every way: wise, forgiving, kind, loving, patient, and many more. He is my everything. I wish to see him smile, wish to see him at ease and relaxed. So I became an entertainer.

Refining my craft by traveling, then testing these things with children. Once I know for a fact it brings joy, I go back to Selory. I try to get him to smile and relax. It usually works.” It seemed that Tricks was very talkative when it came to Selory. His tone said it all, he held this dragon very highly. He continued on, “The embodiment of the light flights virtues. Seeking truth and love over all else. I’m not the first misfit he’s taken in either. Heh... I can only think of three other dragons that are older than him... though, they are all in deep sleep right now...”

He was filled with pride and joy as he spoke. He could probably speak about his clan and especially Selory for hours. The crystals growing on him, seemed to shine with a bit more luster as well.
Tricks

Smiling warmly and radiating a sort of warmth and compassion, Tricks looked to the sky for a moment and continued, “Selory is the clan leader. A father figure for me. Picked me up and brought me in when no one else wanted me. Finding me dangerous and horrible while he saw me as more than that. Heh...”

Looking down he paused before continuing pride coming into his tone, “Selory is the most kindhearted dragon you would ever meet. He is actually trying to make peace with the neighboring beastfolk and other dragon clans. He is amazing in every way: wise, forgiving, kind, loving, patient, and many more. He is my everything. I wish to see him smile, wish to see him at ease and relaxed. So I became an entertainer.

Refining my craft by traveling, then testing these things with children. Once I know for a fact it brings joy, I go back to Selory. I try to get him to smile and relax. It usually works.” It seemed that Tricks was very talkative when it came to Selory. His tone said it all, he held this dragon very highly. He continued on, “The embodiment of the light flights virtues. Seeking truth and love over all else. I’m not the first misfit he’s taken in either. Heh... I can only think of three other dragons that are older than him... though, they are all in deep sleep right now...”

He was filled with pride and joy as he spoke. He could probably speak about his clan and especially Selory for hours. The crystals growing on him, seemed to shine with a bit more luster as well.
Bead smiled at the way Tricks talked about Selory. She felt warm just hearing him speak of his home.

"How long have you been away this time?" Bead asked, curious and found herself hoping it hasn't been that long.
Bead smiled at the way Tricks talked about Selory. She felt warm just hearing him speak of his home.

"How long have you been away this time?" Bead asked, curious and found herself hoping it hasn't been that long.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19