Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Bead nodded, a tingle going up the back of her neck in response to Tricks tone.

"That's really cool that you mixed all those songs and made your own lyrics! And I won't ask the lyrics if you don't want to share." Bead smiled at him. She glanced at the way he was fidgetting with his cards. "Is there something wrong?"
Bead nodded, a tingle going up the back of her neck in response to Tricks tone.

"That's really cool that you mixed all those songs and made your own lyrics! And I won't ask the lyrics if you don't want to share." Bead smiled at him. She glanced at the way he was fidgetting with his cards. "Is there something wrong?"
Tricks

Tricks paused his fiddling and hummed for a moment. Then he cheerfully answered, “Oh no, no... The song is simply based around the deck you see!” Holding up his deck he smiled before continuing, “There isn’t anything wrong! Well... for the most part anyways.” His grin widened as he started doing tricks with the deck again. Half paying attention to Bead now.

If she had seen the horrid images from before that were on the faces of those cards then that song certainly would be a cause for worry. Not to mention that would mean to a normal dragon that something was seriously wrong in someway.
Tricks

Tricks paused his fiddling and hummed for a moment. Then he cheerfully answered, “Oh no, no... The song is simply based around the deck you see!” Holding up his deck he smiled before continuing, “There isn’t anything wrong! Well... for the most part anyways.” His grin widened as he started doing tricks with the deck again. Half paying attention to Bead now.

If she had seen the horrid images from before that were on the faces of those cards then that song certainly would be a cause for worry. Not to mention that would mean to a normal dragon that something was seriously wrong in someway.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Dumortierite watched, still slightly awed, as SeaWeed used his magic on the water and began to heal her shoulders. She relaxed a bit after Bead turned her attention away. The cooling liquid felt nice, and she let out a sigh as the pain began to diminish.
As it was healing her, Dumo watched SeaWeed as he washed out his hood. Bead was talking to Tricks... so they had somewhat of some privacy.
"I um... I realize I didn't answer your question, back there. um..." she took a deep breath, steadying herself.
"When I first left my clan, I was still really young. When I... when my sister and I were separated, I wasn't used to being on my own and... I got caught up with some Serthis and was really badly hurt. I passed out, and when I came to, I was in bandages and someone was singing that song. They... took care of me... for a while... before I..."
She broke off.
Dumortierite watched, still slightly awed, as SeaWeed used his magic on the water and began to heal her shoulders. She relaxed a bit after Bead turned her attention away. The cooling liquid felt nice, and she let out a sigh as the pain began to diminish.
As it was healing her, Dumo watched SeaWeed as he washed out his hood. Bead was talking to Tricks... so they had somewhat of some privacy.
"I um... I realize I didn't answer your question, back there. um..." she took a deep breath, steadying herself.
"When I first left my clan, I was still really young. When I... when my sister and I were separated, I wasn't used to being on my own and... I got caught up with some Serthis and was really badly hurt. I passed out, and when I came to, I was in bandages and someone was singing that song. They... took care of me... for a while... before I..."
She broke off.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed

SeaWeed stopped scrubbing his hood for a moment as he listened. Once Dumortierite trailed off he started scrubbing again while saying in a distant and curious tone, “...I see...” SeaWeed was naturally curious since mostly everyone in the clan was but he kept his questions to himself. She clearly didn’t want to talk about the subject at the moment. So instead he responded with more passion in tone, “I had heard the song from my mother and master, Selory also knows it. However, I didn’t know if it was that common place or not.” Again Selory was mentioned albeit, from SeaWeed this time. Though not as enthusiastic as Tricks he had a hint of respect and admiration in his voice when he spoke of all those he had mentioned.

SeaWeed focused on scrubbing the last of the salt out of the hood. Once done he used his magic to separate some fresh water from the now saltwater bubble. Then used it as a stream to finish the rest of the wash, making sure he got everything. Whiskers twitching and swaying, while he focused on the task at paw.
SeaWeed

SeaWeed stopped scrubbing his hood for a moment as he listened. Once Dumortierite trailed off he started scrubbing again while saying in a distant and curious tone, “...I see...” SeaWeed was naturally curious since mostly everyone in the clan was but he kept his questions to himself. She clearly didn’t want to talk about the subject at the moment. So instead he responded with more passion in tone, “I had heard the song from my mother and master, Selory also knows it. However, I didn’t know if it was that common place or not.” Again Selory was mentioned albeit, from SeaWeed this time. Though not as enthusiastic as Tricks he had a hint of respect and admiration in his voice when he spoke of all those he had mentioned.

SeaWeed focused on scrubbing the last of the salt out of the hood. Once done he used his magic to separate some fresh water from the now saltwater bubble. Then used it as a stream to finish the rest of the wash, making sure he got everything. Whiskers twitching and swaying, while he focused on the task at paw.
"I see." Bead responded, watching Tricks performing tricks with his cards. It was almost mesmerizing as if they had a mind of their own. Sensing the conversation was nearing its end, Bead glanced toward SeaWeed and Dumortierite. SeaWeed was doing some magic with water to heal Dumortierite and clean his hood. She wondered if the rest would still agree to go on this journey to see what the Tidelord wanted.
"I see." Bead responded, watching Tricks performing tricks with his cards. It was almost mesmerizing as if they had a mind of their own. Sensing the conversation was nearing its end, Bead glanced toward SeaWeed and Dumortierite. SeaWeed was doing some magic with water to heal Dumortierite and clean his hood. She wondered if the rest would still agree to go on this journey to see what the Tidelord wanted.
Dumo cocked her head.
"Selory... I think Tricks mentioned that name before. Who is he? Someone important from your clan?"
Dumo cocked her head.
"Selory... I think Tricks mentioned that name before. Who is he? Someone important from your clan?"
SeaWeed

He turned toward Dumortierite swiftly and stared at her for a moment in some sort of shock or maybe anger. Whatever it was, his eyes were large and round. After the moment in silence SeaWeed cleared his throat and said, “Selory is certainly important. He is the clan leader after all! I admire his strength to stand by his ideals of truth and kindness. I, myself stand for his ideals of truth... although I can’t understand his empathy for others... That’s why he told me to travel with Tricks for a while.... I... I also worry for Selory... he is Naive and Kind.... far too kind....”

SeaWeed turns to look at Tricks who is still messing around with his cards and looks to be starting to set up a game in the sand. Dealing out cards for four. SeaWeed sighs and looks atop Dumortierite again gruff from embarrassment, “Sorry... I rambled...” he started to string out the cowl since he preferred if it wasn’t wet when he put it on. Subconsciously pushing up his glasses at one point. Even though he didn’t need to.
SeaWeed

He turned toward Dumortierite swiftly and stared at her for a moment in some sort of shock or maybe anger. Whatever it was, his eyes were large and round. After the moment in silence SeaWeed cleared his throat and said, “Selory is certainly important. He is the clan leader after all! I admire his strength to stand by his ideals of truth and kindness. I, myself stand for his ideals of truth... although I can’t understand his empathy for others... That’s why he told me to travel with Tricks for a while.... I... I also worry for Selory... he is Naive and Kind.... far too kind....”

SeaWeed turns to look at Tricks who is still messing around with his cards and looks to be starting to set up a game in the sand. Dealing out cards for four. SeaWeed sighs and looks atop Dumortierite again gruff from embarrassment, “Sorry... I rambled...” he started to string out the cowl since he preferred if it wasn’t wet when he put it on. Subconsciously pushing up his glasses at one point. Even though he didn’t need to.
"Are we going to play a card game Tricks?" Bead asked as he started laying out cards.
"Are we going to play a card game Tricks?" Bead asked as he started laying out cards.
Dumortierite was surprised by SeaWeed’s harsh look. She realized she had probably struck some kind of nerve, but was relieved when he started talking. When he drifted off, she frowned, and took a couple steps closer to the Imperial.
“No, it’s okay. I get it. I... I had a sister that was a lot like that. She was really nice to everyone we knew, and I was always worried she would get herself hurt one day.” She turned, gazing off into the distance. “I wonder where she is now...”
Dumortierite was surprised by SeaWeed’s harsh look. She realized she had probably struck some kind of nerve, but was relieved when he started talking. When he drifted off, she frowned, and took a couple steps closer to the Imperial.
“No, it’s okay. I get it. I... I had a sister that was a lot like that. She was really nice to everyone we knew, and I was always worried she would get herself hurt one day.” She turned, gazing off into the distance. “I wonder where she is now...”
Tricks

He turned toward Bead, stopping his dealing for the moment. He smiles and shrugs saying, “I ha. ve no idea. But j. oin me if yo. u like.” Without so much as a pause he turned back to the game being laid out in front of him. Finishing the distributions and setting the rest of the deck next to him. Humming as he picked up his own cards.

SeaWeed

SeaWeed glanced at Dumortierite for a moment. He huffed before saying, “I could never guess. Though, I will say that it isn’t the same. I do not worry for Selory because he is my brother or my father since he is not. I worry because he is everything precious to our clan. He is the reason it is the way it is now....” For a long moment he fell silent. Finishing his wringing of the cowl, he prepared to put it on but hesitated for a moment and says, “... if... *sigh* if you want to... perhaps after... this... you can come with us to go meet Selory... he may be able to help you in more ways than one...”

SeaWeed turned away with a growl of frustration before putting his hood back on. He then walked over to Tricks and sat down, picking up the cards to the right of Tricks. Obviously this wasn’t the first time Tricks had set up games out of the blue for no reason. Though SeaWeed never really understood, he just sorta excepted it and played along.
Tricks

He turned toward Bead, stopping his dealing for the moment. He smiles and shrugs saying, “I ha. ve no idea. But j. oin me if yo. u like.” Without so much as a pause he turned back to the game being laid out in front of him. Finishing the distributions and setting the rest of the deck next to him. Humming as he picked up his own cards.

SeaWeed

SeaWeed glanced at Dumortierite for a moment. He huffed before saying, “I could never guess. Though, I will say that it isn’t the same. I do not worry for Selory because he is my brother or my father since he is not. I worry because he is everything precious to our clan. He is the reason it is the way it is now....” For a long moment he fell silent. Finishing his wringing of the cowl, he prepared to put it on but hesitated for a moment and says, “... if... *sigh* if you want to... perhaps after... this... you can come with us to go meet Selory... he may be able to help you in more ways than one...”

SeaWeed turned away with a growl of frustration before putting his hood back on. He then walked over to Tricks and sat down, picking up the cards to the right of Tricks. Obviously this wasn’t the first time Tricks had set up games out of the blue for no reason. Though SeaWeed never really understood, he just sorta excepted it and played along.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19