Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 19
Tricks

As Tricks had paused in contemplation a new question had been given to him, to be answered. He smiled softly, looking off into the distance as he recounted the time. The he looked back to Bead, saying softly, “About 4 days now. 5 if you include today.” He chuckles, “I don’t doubt we’ll be gone for a stretch of time. Especially if we...” pausing for a moment, he looked at the sand. Venom laid in his eyes and he continued while looking down, his voice darker and less enthusiastic, “*sigh* if we help the Tidelord with its problem.” Then came the cheary voice he usually has, looking up in the process, “No matter though! Just think of the amazing story! The amazing knowledge that will send Selory into a smiling, joyful dance! I don’t mind going on errands that much. As, especially with gods, they can become very interesting stories to tell later on.”

Something about Tricks tone seemed forced yet genuine. It appeared he really didn’t appreciate the gods. No doubt he would have them replaced with Selory if it was possible. Strange... hatred for the gods is uncommon for dragons. Though not so much for a rival flight but that was different from this. How odd...
Tricks

As Tricks had paused in contemplation a new question had been given to him, to be answered. He smiled softly, looking off into the distance as he recounted the time. The he looked back to Bead, saying softly, “About 4 days now. 5 if you include today.” He chuckles, “I don’t doubt we’ll be gone for a stretch of time. Especially if we...” pausing for a moment, he looked at the sand. Venom laid in his eyes and he continued while looking down, his voice darker and less enthusiastic, “*sigh* if we help the Tidelord with its problem.” Then came the cheary voice he usually has, looking up in the process, “No matter though! Just think of the amazing story! The amazing knowledge that will send Selory into a smiling, joyful dance! I don’t mind going on errands that much. As, especially with gods, they can become very interesting stories to tell later on.”

Something about Tricks tone seemed forced yet genuine. It appeared he really didn’t appreciate the gods. No doubt he would have them replaced with Selory if it was possible. Strange... hatred for the gods is uncommon for dragons. Though not so much for a rival flight but that was different from this. How odd...
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
The deep tune washed over her like a warm tide, and her whimpers and sobs quieted into occasional sniffs. She curled up a little more in SeaWeed’s arms, feeling the melody wipe away all the pain from her past.
She couldn’t really help what she did next. The music was getting to her, and it sparked something in the back of her mind, some forgotten song she heard once upon a time...
She began to whistle, nothing sharp and loud, but something lilting and sweet, like a cooling breeze on a summer day. It went along almost seamlessly with SeaWeed’s humming and carried along the wind...
The deep tune washed over her like a warm tide, and her whimpers and sobs quieted into occasional sniffs. She curled up a little more in SeaWeed’s arms, feeling the melody wipe away all the pain from her past.
She couldn’t really help what she did next. The music was getting to her, and it sparked something in the back of her mind, some forgotten song she heard once upon a time...
She began to whistle, nothing sharp and loud, but something lilting and sweet, like a cooling breeze on a summer day. It went along almost seamlessly with SeaWeed’s humming and carried along the wind...
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed

For a moment he faltered a little out of surprise. He hadn’t expected Lepidolite to start whistling, much less so well in sync with him. However, he noticed that she was calming down significantly because of it. So he picked himself back up fast, continuing the song as he finished up the last of the healing he could do. He focused on keeping her distracted. Lifting a wing to blanket her, trying to get her to feel safer.

He was also starting to enjoy the tune, his voice becoming a rumble with a tune. Taking a moment, he retracted an arm to quickly push his glasses back up a little. Then he continued to caress and cradle Lepidolite while singing the tune.
SeaWeed

For a moment he faltered a little out of surprise. He hadn’t expected Lepidolite to start whistling, much less so well in sync with him. However, he noticed that she was calming down significantly because of it. So he picked himself back up fast, continuing the song as he finished up the last of the healing he could do. He focused on keeping her distracted. Lifting a wing to blanket her, trying to get her to feel safer.

He was also starting to enjoy the tune, his voice becoming a rumble with a tune. Taking a moment, he retracted an arm to quickly push his glasses back up a little. Then he continued to caress and cradle Lepidolite while singing the tune.
Bead nodded, feeling a pang of guilt as if she was responsible for keeping Tricks away from home, and more important, Selory.

"I would understand if you didn't want to go on this journey. I would feel better about it if you were there, but I know how important home is as well." Bead didn't particularly want Tricks to leave but he seemed to miss Selory and he also seemed to have a weird thing against the gods.

"I'm also curious, do you not like the gods Tricks?" She was genuinely curious, as not many dragons felt negatively about the gods, outside of clan rivalry. But even then, there was at least some level of respect for the other gods.
Bead nodded, feeling a pang of guilt as if she was responsible for keeping Tricks away from home, and more important, Selory.

"I would understand if you didn't want to go on this journey. I would feel better about it if you were there, but I know how important home is as well." Bead didn't particularly want Tricks to leave but he seemed to miss Selory and he also seemed to have a weird thing against the gods.

"I'm also curious, do you not like the gods Tricks?" She was genuinely curious, as not many dragons felt negatively about the gods, outside of clan rivalry. But even then, there was at least some level of respect for the other gods.
Tricks

He looked at Bead for a moment and replied his voice still upbeat like normal, "Well... I would leave but when I arrive home I would tell Selory what happened here. He would immediatly lightly scold me on not helping and come here himself to help. That's just how he is...." then his voice grew a tad darker, "I would rather not put him in any potential danger."

Shifting in his spot the distant sound of humming and whistling came to dance in his ears. Snorting a little his smile faded and his voice grew cold, "You have a right to be curious but..." the candles flame flickered and the eyes on the feathers seemed to move again, "I warn against prying" A growl escaped him, he wasn't too keen to share. "All I'll say is that no god has ever shed a tear for my life or my actions...." He spat the word with a poisonous malice and the end of his statement was chilled and riddled with warning. He was hinting at something horrible. Hinting at what he may do. The ghostly appendages flexing their grasps and floating in a more rigid way.

"But, enough of this talk of the past that cannot change!" His eyes returned to their normal goofy self and his smile returned. Along with an upbeat voice, "How about you? What do you think of the gods? I'm curious myself. Also, what are your thoughts on magic?" Everything about him seemed to jump away from the dark aura he had portrayed earlier. The ghostly hands returning to their normal flowy selves and the candles burning with enthusiasm. He then took out that suite deck again. Messing with it as he listened.
Tricks

He looked at Bead for a moment and replied his voice still upbeat like normal, "Well... I would leave but when I arrive home I would tell Selory what happened here. He would immediatly lightly scold me on not helping and come here himself to help. That's just how he is...." then his voice grew a tad darker, "I would rather not put him in any potential danger."

Shifting in his spot the distant sound of humming and whistling came to dance in his ears. Snorting a little his smile faded and his voice grew cold, "You have a right to be curious but..." the candles flame flickered and the eyes on the feathers seemed to move again, "I warn against prying" A growl escaped him, he wasn't too keen to share. "All I'll say is that no god has ever shed a tear for my life or my actions...." He spat the word with a poisonous malice and the end of his statement was chilled and riddled with warning. He was hinting at something horrible. Hinting at what he may do. The ghostly appendages flexing their grasps and floating in a more rigid way.

"But, enough of this talk of the past that cannot change!" His eyes returned to their normal goofy self and his smile returned. Along with an upbeat voice, "How about you? What do you think of the gods? I'm curious myself. Also, what are your thoughts on magic?" Everything about him seemed to jump away from the dark aura he had portrayed earlier. The ghostly hands returning to their normal flowy selves and the candles burning with enthusiasm. He then took out that suite deck again. Messing with it as he listened.
Scales standing on end, Bead was shocked at the hostility in Tricks voice.

“I apologize, I didn’t realize what a sensitive subject it would be.” Flashing a small, awkward smile, Bead shook herself a bit to try and flatten her scales back down. “I personally don’t have much of an opinion on them. I respect them, especially the Tidelord. But I don’t really worship them.” Bead sighed, “Magic. I do enjoy doing magic and watching others perform magic but, as you saw earlier, I’m not that skilled...” her mood instantly dropped again.

“Do you think there’s anything you could teach me?” Bead asked hopefully.
Scales standing on end, Bead was shocked at the hostility in Tricks voice.

“I apologize, I didn’t realize what a sensitive subject it would be.” Flashing a small, awkward smile, Bead shook herself a bit to try and flatten her scales back down. “I personally don’t have much of an opinion on them. I respect them, especially the Tidelord. But I don’t really worship them.” Bead sighed, “Magic. I do enjoy doing magic and watching others perform magic but, as you saw earlier, I’m not that skilled...” her mood instantly dropped again.

“Do you think there’s anything you could teach me?” Bead asked hopefully.
Tricks

He noticed the discomfort he had brought. That was what he had intended after all. Playing around with his cards for a moment as he listened before putting them away. Then, as he heard her hopeful tone, he thought, humming gently now, "Hmmm... all I could really say is that, if you're a youngster, then wait a few years for your mana to flare into existence. I say that since most Guardians I've known don't have a lot of mana in their earlier years in life. Though... I know of one exception. However, in reality, I can't really teach you much except for the basics, since I practice shadow magic mostly, which is quite different from water."

He brought out his magic, floating cards and did a minor illusion as he spoke. Showing them as small flowers now. Making them appear as he said shadow magic before making them return to cards again once he finished his sentence. Pausing for a moment he continued, a bit sweeter and more excited, "But I do know someone that can teach you water magic in more detail~" He was basically singing by the end. Turning to look at SeaWeed, who was still humming to Lepidolite.
Tricks

He noticed the discomfort he had brought. That was what he had intended after all. Playing around with his cards for a moment as he listened before putting them away. Then, as he heard her hopeful tone, he thought, humming gently now, "Hmmm... all I could really say is that, if you're a youngster, then wait a few years for your mana to flare into existence. I say that since most Guardians I've known don't have a lot of mana in their earlier years in life. Though... I know of one exception. However, in reality, I can't really teach you much except for the basics, since I practice shadow magic mostly, which is quite different from water."

He brought out his magic, floating cards and did a minor illusion as he spoke. Showing them as small flowers now. Making them appear as he said shadow magic before making them return to cards again once he finished his sentence. Pausing for a moment he continued, a bit sweeter and more excited, "But I do know someone that can teach you water magic in more detail~" He was basically singing by the end. Turning to look at SeaWeed, who was still humming to Lepidolite.
Bead grew more excited as Tricks spoke. She probably did need to wait a while longer for her mana to really flare up but the thought of being able to do actual, useful magic made her very happy.

It took Bead a moment to realize that Tricks was talking about SeaWeed. Once she did, it seemed so obvious that Bead almost laughed.

"Do you think he would teach me magic?" Bead asked, simultaneously hopeful and anxious. She finally looked over to where SeaWeed was laying, wrapped around Lepidolite. She almost couldn't believe her eyes; this gentleness seemed so out of character even though she's only just met him. Lepidolite looked much better, though still exhausted.
Bead grew more excited as Tricks spoke. She probably did need to wait a while longer for her mana to really flare up but the thought of being able to do actual, useful magic made her very happy.

It took Bead a moment to realize that Tricks was talking about SeaWeed. Once she did, it seemed so obvious that Bead almost laughed.

"Do you think he would teach me magic?" Bead asked, simultaneously hopeful and anxious. She finally looked over to where SeaWeed was laying, wrapped around Lepidolite. She almost couldn't believe her eyes; this gentleness seemed so out of character even though she's only just met him. Lepidolite looked much better, though still exhausted.
Dumo kept going, barely stopping to take a breath. The song was overflowing from her soul, pouring into the air and intertwining with SeaWeed. She was comfortable in his embrace, she felt safe and cared for. She drifted between consciousness and unconsciousness, floating on peace of mind and letting go of her memories...
Wait... what was she doing?
In an instant, her mind was filled with doubts and questions. Her whistle faltered, her eyes opened, and she flinched in SeaWeed's arms.
"U-uh... ehem, um..." her eyes dropped to the sand, avoiding meeting the imperial's gaze. She was embarrassed to have let herself go in such a way, especially after trying to run away and then attacking someone. Fear clutched her heart, and she gulped as she waited for the questions to begin.
Dumo kept going, barely stopping to take a breath. The song was overflowing from her soul, pouring into the air and intertwining with SeaWeed. She was comfortable in his embrace, she felt safe and cared for. She drifted between consciousness and unconsciousness, floating on peace of mind and letting go of her memories...
Wait... what was she doing?
In an instant, her mind was filled with doubts and questions. Her whistle faltered, her eyes opened, and she flinched in SeaWeed's arms.
"U-uh... ehem, um..." her eyes dropped to the sand, avoiding meeting the imperial's gaze. She was embarrassed to have let herself go in such a way, especially after trying to run away and then attacking someone. Fear clutched her heart, and she gulped as she waited for the questions to begin.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Tricks

Tricks hummed for a moment before replying, "If you admit your faults and that you wish to learn more about magic so you don't make that fool hardy mistake again then I have very little doubt that he will refuse. Better to try than not at all after all. Oh, and I think it is about time that we can go back over to speak to the both of them now." He saw that Lepidolite had recovered more and seemed to be speaking. The music coming from the two had also stopped. His talons buried into the sand as he held himself there. It was very difficult at the moment.

SeaWeed

He hummed a little longer before the he noticed Lepidolite moving again. She faced the sand now and had flinched a little. His whiskers rose into the air as he felt a tad offended but kept that to himself. He let out a gruff whisper, "Ready to let us know what you got going on with your.... fits?" He was calm but it didn't mean he was good at speaking to others.

He seemed to glare down at Lepidolite for a moment before he leaned down more and pushed his glasses up a little. His eyes, from this angle, looked soft and were golden and gleaming. He gave off the impression that he only asked because it was a problem for everyone's safety if they didn't know what this condition was or at least how it was triggered.
Tricks

Tricks hummed for a moment before replying, "If you admit your faults and that you wish to learn more about magic so you don't make that fool hardy mistake again then I have very little doubt that he will refuse. Better to try than not at all after all. Oh, and I think it is about time that we can go back over to speak to the both of them now." He saw that Lepidolite had recovered more and seemed to be speaking. The music coming from the two had also stopped. His talons buried into the sand as he held himself there. It was very difficult at the moment.

SeaWeed

He hummed a little longer before the he noticed Lepidolite moving again. She faced the sand now and had flinched a little. His whiskers rose into the air as he felt a tad offended but kept that to himself. He let out a gruff whisper, "Ready to let us know what you got going on with your.... fits?" He was calm but it didn't mean he was good at speaking to others.

He seemed to glare down at Lepidolite for a moment before he leaned down more and pushed his glasses up a little. His eyes, from this angle, looked soft and were golden and gleaming. He gave off the impression that he only asked because it was a problem for everyone's safety if they didn't know what this condition was or at least how it was triggered.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 19