Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Bead nodded in agreement. She did have a lot she needed to work on in terms of magic; and when to use it. She had made a terrible mistake earlier and never wanted to repeat it again.

"Yes, we should probably go talk to them." Bead stood and began walking toward SeaWeed and Lepidolite. She hoped they were alright. They also needed to talk to Lepidolite and see what was going on with her.
Bead nodded in agreement. She did have a lot she needed to work on in terms of magic; and when to use it. She had made a terrible mistake earlier and never wanted to repeat it again.

"Yes, we should probably go talk to them." Bead stood and began walking toward SeaWeed and Lepidolite. She hoped they were alright. They also needed to talk to Lepidolite and see what was going on with her.
The nocturne sat up, still avoiding eye contact. She noticed the guardian walking towards her, and she knew there was no escape now.
“I suppose I don’t have much of a choice, do I...” she sighed. “Don’t think you’re getting my whole sob story either. I’ll tell you what you need to know and that’s all.” She crossed her arms indignantly.
The nocturne sat up, still avoiding eye contact. She noticed the guardian walking towards her, and she knew there was no escape now.
“I suppose I don’t have much of a choice, do I...” she sighed. “Don’t think you’re getting my whole sob story either. I’ll tell you what you need to know and that’s all.” She crossed her arms indignantly.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed

He nodded though Lepidolite still wasn’t looking at him. Huffing out a tired sigh he answered, “Yes, you don’t have much choice here. And I wasn’t expecting to hear a sob story. You don’t act like that type anyway so I wasn’t expecting any of that. All I want to know is what this.... condition is and how it is triggered into action. I don’t need anything else right now. However.....” he looks off to Tricks who was restraining himself in the sand while Bead was coming over, “I can’t talk for the others. That’s all I want to know but... who knows with the others. I will at least try to keep Tricks at bay I suppose....” His voice softened and cracked at the end. It was more of a mutter there at the end. He seemed a bit flustered.

Tricks

Tricks turned to Bead as she left, “You.... do that...” He was gripping the sand and was shaking in excitement. Smiling wildly he turned back the other way. He needed to restrain himself right now.
SeaWeed

He nodded though Lepidolite still wasn’t looking at him. Huffing out a tired sigh he answered, “Yes, you don’t have much choice here. And I wasn’t expecting to hear a sob story. You don’t act like that type anyway so I wasn’t expecting any of that. All I want to know is what this.... condition is and how it is triggered into action. I don’t need anything else right now. However.....” he looks off to Tricks who was restraining himself in the sand while Bead was coming over, “I can’t talk for the others. That’s all I want to know but... who knows with the others. I will at least try to keep Tricks at bay I suppose....” His voice softened and cracked at the end. It was more of a mutter there at the end. He seemed a bit flustered.

Tricks

Tricks turned to Bead as she left, “You.... do that...” He was gripping the sand and was shaking in excitement. Smiling wildly he turned back the other way. He needed to restrain himself right now.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Bead heard the last bit of what SeaWeed was saying to Lepidolite. As she got within a few steps of them, she stopped.

"I only want to know what we need to know to continue traveling together. However, I will gladly listen, without judgment, to anything else you want to share. What triggers...whatever it is that happens? And what is happening? Are you conscious at all or able to stop it on your own?" She then noticed Tricks turning away from the group and looked at SeaWeed, "Should I be going after Tricks? Will he be alright?"
Bead heard the last bit of what SeaWeed was saying to Lepidolite. As she got within a few steps of them, she stopped.

"I only want to know what we need to know to continue traveling together. However, I will gladly listen, without judgment, to anything else you want to share. What triggers...whatever it is that happens? And what is happening? Are you conscious at all or able to stop it on your own?" She then noticed Tricks turning away from the group and looked at SeaWeed, "Should I be going after Tricks? Will he be alright?"
She curled up a bit more instinctively. She didn't have a choice.
"It's... I can't really control when it happens. Sometimes I'll just be walking and I just... it just strikes, out of nowhere, and I... I..." she swallowed dryly, closing her eyes.
She could still hear their screams...
"It also happens if I'm really angry or scared. I don't have much control over it, but I can try my best... not to hurt anyone."
They were DEAFENING.
She curled up a bit more instinctively. She didn't have a choice.
"It's... I can't really control when it happens. Sometimes I'll just be walking and I just... it just strikes, out of nowhere, and I... I..." she swallowed dryly, closing her eyes.
She could still hear their screams...
"It also happens if I'm really angry or scared. I don't have much control over it, but I can try my best... not to hurt anyone."
They were DEAFENING.
Tricks

Tricks was trebling for a moment before his body just stopped. His candles flickered, their soft whispers of reminders danced in his ears. His ghostly hands started to move in a sluggish manner, but it was very intentional. He turned toward Lepidolite a little. He could feel her distress and a form of guilt. He could feel it like it was a tangible thing on the air. His smile became twisted with his eyes narrowing. He could almost hear the tragedy from where he was.

He slowly got up walked over to the three. Calming his face to have a stark cold, neutral expression. How... funny... how very entertaining... was his only real thought at the moment.

SeaWeed

At first he was contemplating it, however before he could answer Bead, Lepidolite was curling in on herself. As she spoke her words were becoming shakier by the second. Her eyes, from what he could see of them were turning wild, guilty and fearful. He growled under his breath, frustrated with her. However, he didn’t know what she had went through. So, he thought of who had the saddest beginning in life that SeaWeed knew in the clan. Wisteria came to mind but that wasn’t right and Tricks never seemed to regret so that was off the table. So, instead he decided to treat her trauma like Wisteria’s relationship with their parents.

He softly wrapped an arms around her and came closer to her, whispering, “Hey... it’s... it’s okay. No one has been hurt yet. Whatever is going through your head right now isn’t real. It isn’t the present.... um.... focus on me. Hush now... your okay. Your okay...” He needed to calm her down before she had another fit, also because Tricks was coming over and he could feel Tricks’ cold aura. He wasn’t happy or he was in a very sinisterly dark yet happy mood or he was being very judgmental. All those possibilities were bad so he tried to calm Lepidolite first.
Tricks

Tricks was trebling for a moment before his body just stopped. His candles flickered, their soft whispers of reminders danced in his ears. His ghostly hands started to move in a sluggish manner, but it was very intentional. He turned toward Lepidolite a little. He could feel her distress and a form of guilt. He could feel it like it was a tangible thing on the air. His smile became twisted with his eyes narrowing. He could almost hear the tragedy from where he was.

He slowly got up walked over to the three. Calming his face to have a stark cold, neutral expression. How... funny... how very entertaining... was his only real thought at the moment.

SeaWeed

At first he was contemplating it, however before he could answer Bead, Lepidolite was curling in on herself. As she spoke her words were becoming shakier by the second. Her eyes, from what he could see of them were turning wild, guilty and fearful. He growled under his breath, frustrated with her. However, he didn’t know what she had went through. So, he thought of who had the saddest beginning in life that SeaWeed knew in the clan. Wisteria came to mind but that wasn’t right and Tricks never seemed to regret so that was off the table. So, instead he decided to treat her trauma like Wisteria’s relationship with their parents.

He softly wrapped an arms around her and came closer to her, whispering, “Hey... it’s... it’s okay. No one has been hurt yet. Whatever is going through your head right now isn’t real. It isn’t the present.... um.... focus on me. Hush now... your okay. Your okay...” He needed to calm her down before she had another fit, also because Tricks was coming over and he could feel Tricks’ cold aura. He wasn’t happy or he was in a very sinisterly dark yet happy mood or he was being very judgmental. All those possibilities were bad so he tried to calm Lepidolite first.
She didn’t seem very comfortable with what SeaWeed was doing anymore.
“you don’t know that I haven’t-“ she shut her mouth just as quickly as she had started speaking.
“I... um, this really isn’t helping... you don’t really need to... uh, sooth me. I’m not exactly a crying hatchling.”
She didn’t notice Tricks’ approach and was more focused on removing herself from SeaWeed’s grip. She squirmed a little, trying to distance herself as much as possible.
Dumo wasn’t one for personal contact, or being close to anyone, or having any personal interaction at all. She had boundaries, very large and sturdy boundaries, and she did not appreciate them being crossed.
The dormant toxicity seemed to continue its internal slumber...
She didn’t seem very comfortable with what SeaWeed was doing anymore.
“you don’t know that I haven’t-“ she shut her mouth just as quickly as she had started speaking.
“I... um, this really isn’t helping... you don’t really need to... uh, sooth me. I’m not exactly a crying hatchling.”
She didn’t notice Tricks’ approach and was more focused on removing herself from SeaWeed’s grip. She squirmed a little, trying to distance herself as much as possible.
Dumo wasn’t one for personal contact, or being close to anyone, or having any personal interaction at all. She had boundaries, very large and sturdy boundaries, and she did not appreciate them being crossed.
The dormant toxicity seemed to continue its internal slumber...
SeaWeed

For a moment SeaWeed’s grip only tightened as Lepidolite tried to move away from him. He was scared of what would happen when Tricks finally got up to Lepidolite and started talking to her. He wasn’t one to care about boundaries or personal secrets when he was in a dangerous mood. However, soon SeaWeed let go of Lepidolite and sat straight up. Looking down at Lepidolite since he towered over her. She didn’t want to be soothed, nor helped apparently so he stopped. As he got up into a sitting position, one could clearly see Tricks and his approach.

His face was neutral and was looking at Lepidolite with pitiless eyes. He even seemed angry? About something. Or maybe he was disappointed, it was hard to tell. SeaWeed said one other thing gruffly, “Since, you are uncomfortable with me then I pray for you. I won’t help you since you don’t want it so, good luck dealing with Tricks while he is like that.”

He turned to Bead, “I can’t stop Tricks when he is like this so don’t try either. You’ll just get yourself hurt if you do. He is very... unstable so, just watch this play out for now.” Grabbing his trident from the ground he started to inspect it for any sand or anything else for that matter that would require cleaning.
SeaWeed

For a moment SeaWeed’s grip only tightened as Lepidolite tried to move away from him. He was scared of what would happen when Tricks finally got up to Lepidolite and started talking to her. He wasn’t one to care about boundaries or personal secrets when he was in a dangerous mood. However, soon SeaWeed let go of Lepidolite and sat straight up. Looking down at Lepidolite since he towered over her. She didn’t want to be soothed, nor helped apparently so he stopped. As he got up into a sitting position, one could clearly see Tricks and his approach.

His face was neutral and was looking at Lepidolite with pitiless eyes. He even seemed angry? About something. Or maybe he was disappointed, it was hard to tell. SeaWeed said one other thing gruffly, “Since, you are uncomfortable with me then I pray for you. I won’t help you since you don’t want it so, good luck dealing with Tricks while he is like that.”

He turned to Bead, “I can’t stop Tricks when he is like this so don’t try either. You’ll just get yourself hurt if you do. He is very... unstable so, just watch this play out for now.” Grabbing his trident from the ground he started to inspect it for any sand or anything else for that matter that would require cleaning.
Bead felt bad for Lepidolite, she seemed so distressed. She didn't really know what to do. SeaWeed had already tried to comfort her with a hug. She was just forming a response when Tricks stalked up to Lepidolite. Bead looked at SeaWeed as he spoke. She definitely wouldn't be trying to interfere this time.

This whole situation put Bead very on edge. Between Lepidolite's obvious distress and Trick's...near coldness, Bead felt useless, scared, and vaguely confused. What had caused this shift in Trick's mood? This seemed very far beyond simply wanting to get the entire story to share with his beloved Selory (or anyone else he felt inclined to share with).

"SeaWeed, is there anything we could possibly do besides waiting and watching?" Bead asked anxiously.
Bead felt bad for Lepidolite, she seemed so distressed. She didn't really know what to do. SeaWeed had already tried to comfort her with a hug. She was just forming a response when Tricks stalked up to Lepidolite. Bead looked at SeaWeed as he spoke. She definitely wouldn't be trying to interfere this time.

This whole situation put Bead very on edge. Between Lepidolite's obvious distress and Trick's...near coldness, Bead felt useless, scared, and vaguely confused. What had caused this shift in Trick's mood? This seemed very far beyond simply wanting to get the entire story to share with his beloved Selory (or anyone else he felt inclined to share with).

"SeaWeed, is there anything we could possibly do besides waiting and watching?" Bead asked anxiously.
Tricks

Tricks stalked closer to Lepidolite and once he was face to face with her, he hissed a horrible string of sounds that were stitched together to form words, they were soaked in merciless disdain, his voice whispering to Lepidolite alone, his words barely more than garble to anyone else, “oh.... how... hm.. sad. Poor you oh the woe of it all. You cry and cry but you say nothing. You hate it yet you let it burn within. How pitiful how... disgusting. A person like you is one I dislike very much. Such a horrible bitter taste you leave, nothing more than vomit on my tongue. Come now....”

Tricks got even closer to her and grabbed onto her. Squeezing her shoulders and cutting into them with his short yet sharp clawed hands. His dark purple spirals for eyes glared into Lepidolite’s crimson ones. He spat out his words, “You are conflicted, you hate the pain yet you let it rot inside. Let it out let it free. Since... you’re nothing like me.... god blessed and cursed both, aren’t you.... I hate themmm they hate meee. But you.... huh.... how horridly sad, such a pitiful bug. Wishing for help, for escape yet not giving their heart to it. Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me. Who. Are. You???” His ghostly hands were close and ready, his candles burned bright near her. Perhaps she could hear those pained whispers?

His tail flicked angrily in the sand, his wings flared to block the view of others. The eyes, everywhere they all stared at her. The ribbons gleaming in blue light. His gems glittering in blue and black. He stared, and held her tight. He was angry and hoped she wouldn’t turn again in fright. It was annoying and he was reaching his own limits of patience for her.

SeaWeed

SeaWeed looked at Bead as if she was an idiot. Then he sighed and went to sit next to her and continue cleaning his trident, whispering, “I understand that you are afraid of what will happen. I am every time. However.... interfering will only get you hurt... see?” He slowly lifted away some of his hair to show a nasty scar going up the back of his neck and going down to the front just before his shoulder.

Turning away from Tricks he continued softly, “Tricks is dangerous. He may act like a fool but he has many masks, many faces. His real face... is terrifying to see... I only saw it once by accident....” he shivered, “I... I suggest you wait... if things get too heated I’ll try to help you stop them both...” he put his hair back in place before going back to doing maintenance on his trident.
Tricks

Tricks stalked closer to Lepidolite and once he was face to face with her, he hissed a horrible string of sounds that were stitched together to form words, they were soaked in merciless disdain, his voice whispering to Lepidolite alone, his words barely more than garble to anyone else, “oh.... how... hm.. sad. Poor you oh the woe of it all. You cry and cry but you say nothing. You hate it yet you let it burn within. How pitiful how... disgusting. A person like you is one I dislike very much. Such a horrible bitter taste you leave, nothing more than vomit on my tongue. Come now....”

Tricks got even closer to her and grabbed onto her. Squeezing her shoulders and cutting into them with his short yet sharp clawed hands. His dark purple spirals for eyes glared into Lepidolite’s crimson ones. He spat out his words, “You are conflicted, you hate the pain yet you let it rot inside. Let it out let it free. Since... you’re nothing like me.... god blessed and cursed both, aren’t you.... I hate themmm they hate meee. But you.... huh.... how horridly sad, such a pitiful bug. Wishing for help, for escape yet not giving their heart to it. Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me. Who. Are. You???” His ghostly hands were close and ready, his candles burned bright near her. Perhaps she could hear those pained whispers?

His tail flicked angrily in the sand, his wings flared to block the view of others. The eyes, everywhere they all stared at her. The ribbons gleaming in blue light. His gems glittering in blue and black. He stared, and held her tight. He was angry and hoped she wouldn’t turn again in fright. It was annoying and he was reaching his own limits of patience for her.

SeaWeed

SeaWeed looked at Bead as if she was an idiot. Then he sighed and went to sit next to her and continue cleaning his trident, whispering, “I understand that you are afraid of what will happen. I am every time. However.... interfering will only get you hurt... see?” He slowly lifted away some of his hair to show a nasty scar going up the back of his neck and going down to the front just before his shoulder.

Turning away from Tricks he continued softly, “Tricks is dangerous. He may act like a fool but he has many masks, many faces. His real face... is terrifying to see... I only saw it once by accident....” he shivered, “I... I suggest you wait... if things get too heated I’ll try to help you stop them both...” he put his hair back in place before going back to doing maintenance on his trident.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19