Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Runics Rise [private]
1 2 3 4 5
Ah, these two. Strange that they were occupying the same body; Thornaath couldn't remember their prior situation. Regardless, he nodded once in response. "Thornaath," he replied, answering their question. "I have been travelling with Aviva for some time, " he added.

"Vengeful Runics?" Aviva inquired, shifting her gaze to... which name was she supposed to use? Didn't this dragon say they were dubbed Raver? She hesitated, glancing over at the other dragons that were having some reunion. She recalled Eonwatcher and their words. "Someone called me Venommaker... And all of you kept calling me 'sister'..."

"Do you recall how you injured your arm?" Thornaath asked gently, his head coming down to be more at her level. He fixed her with a steady gaze and she studied his blue eyes, hoping to find... well, something, she supposed.

Slowly, she shook her head. "Not - Not very well. I know something happened and I was terrified. But I thought that was Dyzith's doing."

He rumbled something in his throat, a wordless sound with a meaning that Aviva had yet to learn. "Close enough." He turned his attention back to the Guardian. "Aviva's memories have been gone for some time now; she started this journey in hope of recovering them. Then she was called to this place."
Ah, these two. Strange that they were occupying the same body; Thornaath couldn't remember their prior situation. Regardless, he nodded once in response. "Thornaath," he replied, answering their question. "I have been travelling with Aviva for some time, " he added.

"Vengeful Runics?" Aviva inquired, shifting her gaze to... which name was she supposed to use? Didn't this dragon say they were dubbed Raver? She hesitated, glancing over at the other dragons that were having some reunion. She recalled Eonwatcher and their words. "Someone called me Venommaker... And all of you kept calling me 'sister'..."

"Do you recall how you injured your arm?" Thornaath asked gently, his head coming down to be more at her level. He fixed her with a steady gaze and she studied his blue eyes, hoping to find... well, something, she supposed.

Slowly, she shook her head. "Not - Not very well. I know something happened and I was terrified. But I thought that was Dyzith's doing."

He rumbled something in his throat, a wordless sound with a meaning that Aviva had yet to learn. "Close enough." He turned his attention back to the Guardian. "Aviva's memories have been gone for some time now; she started this journey in hope of recovering them. Then she was called to this place."
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qnsvl4q1hbyggi5/arcanetop.png[/img] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384742/38474194.png[/img][/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] “Spirit!” Mindbreaker responded in a raspy croak, her many frills folding down as she rushed forward, greeting her old friend with a gently nudge of her head and a low rumble. Her wings fanned out, encircling her fellow god, and despite the stench of decaying flesh Mindbreaker remained affixed in place, warbling. “Are you okay, dear one?” The urge to groom Spirit’s vessel was overwhelming. Shoving it aside for now, Mindbreaker just basked in the faint presence of Spirit’s magic. “I’ve missed you,” She rumbled, pulling back slightly before she remembered her wings. Tucking them to her sides with a small cough, Mindbreaker bowed her head, pressing forehead to forehead with Spiritsearcher. The others were merely a background noise at this point. Coiling her tail so as to sit upon the loops of her own body, Mindbreaker rose above Spiritsearcher’s host, critically examining it. Taking the brunt of the fall hadn’t done it any good. Bah, the deity wished she could conjure up a body like the others used to in the old days, but alas, that was not her strength. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nm0z9g1pkrloiln/arcanebottom.png[/img]
arcanetop.png
38474194.png
arcanemid.png

“Spirit!” Mindbreaker responded in a raspy croak, her many frills folding down as she rushed forward, greeting her old friend with a gently nudge of her head and a low rumble. Her wings fanned out, encircling her fellow god, and despite the stench of decaying flesh Mindbreaker remained affixed in place, warbling. “Are you okay, dear one?”

The urge to groom Spirit’s vessel was overwhelming. Shoving it aside for now, Mindbreaker just basked in the faint presence of Spirit’s magic. “I’ve missed you,” She rumbled, pulling back slightly before she remembered her wings. Tucking them to her sides with a small cough, Mindbreaker bowed her head, pressing forehead to forehead with Spiritsearcher.

The others were merely a background noise at this point. Coiling her tail so as to sit upon the loops of her own body, Mindbreaker rose above Spiritsearcher’s host, critically examining it. Taking the brunt of the fall hadn’t done it any good. Bah, the deity wished she could conjure up a body like the others used to in the old days, but alas, that was not her strength.

arcanebottom.png
tumblr_p73f5b074g1wgebr5o1_500.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] Eonwatcher watched as his siblings filed through the rift, tail twitching slowly. They looked back at Clanheart and his companion and nodded slowly at him. Their sibling had always thought carefully before acting, so Eon would try and let him have time. "May you reach a decision, dear brother, my familiar will reopen a route for you to leave. Orphanim, watch the Loom, dearest." With that, Eon slid back into Sornieth and shuddered at the strange fluxing magics that seemed to attack them. Their rift slipping closed behind them, they spiraled above the Earth and observed. Nothing was as it was to be, as the Time Loom had said it was. Slipping into Agrius' skin as a defense against the world, he flew to land near Raver. The Tundra's fur fluffed out and flattened at the brush of dust as he faced a large Guardian. His scent was as if infected by something Agrius couldn't place but was still familiar. It'd come in time; he was certain. "Greetings, drake. I am Agrius. Am I correcting assuming you are whom," he paused to clean a front paw compulsively and his chest slightly before shaking himself and refocusing, "excuse me, Aviva is on a pilgrimage with?" The Guardian was more focused on Raver and Aviva and Agrius blinked slowly. Understandable. He was obviously tied intrinsically to Aviva and she had been taken without warning. He turned at a rasping and joyous cry, ears tilting in curiosity. A decaying carcass of a Guardian next to Mind and Agrius felt his fur flatten and wings flare out in surprise. Nothing the body was could hide who the reanimated corpse was. Her aura, magic, smell, everything pointed to it being Spiritsearcher. Agrius felt empty, detached, strange and he hated it. Empty as the Loom after a millennium. Why did he feel like fleeing so suddenly and so swiftly from his plan? It felt hard to breathe as well. Why? "S..Spiritsearcher?" [img]http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center]
earthtop.png

Eonwatcher watched as his siblings filed through the rift, tail twitching slowly. They looked back at Clanheart and his companion and nodded slowly at him. Their sibling had always thought carefully before acting, so Eon would try and let him have time.

"May you reach a decision, dear brother, my familiar will reopen a route for you to leave. Orphanim, watch the Loom, dearest." With that, Eon slid back into Sornieth and shuddered at the strange fluxing magics that seemed to attack them. Their rift slipping closed behind them, they spiraled above the Earth and observed. Nothing was as it was to be, as the Time Loom had said it was. Slipping into Agrius' skin as a defense against the world, he flew to land near Raver. The Tundra's fur fluffed out and flattened at the brush of dust as he faced a large Guardian. His scent was as if infected by something Agrius couldn't place but was still familiar. It'd come in time; he was certain.

"Greetings, drake. I am Agrius. Am I correcting assuming you are whom," he paused to clean a front paw compulsively and his chest slightly before shaking himself and refocusing, "excuse me, Aviva is on a pilgrimage with?" The Guardian was more focused on Raver and Aviva and Agrius blinked slowly. Understandable. He was obviously tied intrinsically to Aviva and she had been taken without warning. He turned at a rasping and joyous cry, ears tilting in curiosity.

A decaying carcass of a Guardian next to Mind and Agrius felt his fur flatten and wings flare out in surprise. Nothing the body was could hide who the reanimated corpse was. Her aura, magic, smell, everything pointed to it being Spiritsearcher. Agrius felt empty, detached, strange and he hated it. Empty as the Loom after a millennium. Why did he feel like fleeing so suddenly and so swiftly from his plan? It felt hard to breathe as well. Why?

"S..Spiritsearcher?"

earthbottom.png
tumblr_inline_p7ck57ROwS1u2mdgr_540.pngqesQFkT.gifA small, circular badge. The background image of the badge is a soft, pastel sky with rosy colored clouds. A piece of yellowed parchment and quill pen, along with a silver broadsword, are in the middle of the badge. The words 'Donate Services' are placed above and below the parchment, quill, and sword in the middle.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43697631][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/436977/43697631.png[/img][/url][/center] Following her brother's gaze, Raver spied their sister's moving reunion. Something moved inside of them then, something had had not moved for as long as either of them could remember. This feeling was strange to them. They felt almost warm inside, but not the warmth of rage. They were not sure if they liked these [i]emotions..[/i] Shaking their head of personal concerns, the pale Guardian turned back to the two dragons. "Thornaath," the name felt strange to them, but there was something almost too familiar about him. "Well, since the two of you are such good friends, I suppose you are not a threat. That is..." their eyes held a devious glint of malice as they gazed into Thornaath's eyes, "...if we can trust you." Waving away the sudden tension, Raver acknowledged Aviva once again. "Yes, dear. I fear our actions were unsavory to our other siblings and cousins." They swished their tail along the dry ground before speaking again. The voice was low, like before, but the tone was much softer on the ears. "Despite our..[i]destructive[/i] nature, it is our hope to restore each of your memories along the journey we have been set upon." Raver nodded at them before turning their head down to Agrius, silently looking for acknowledgement that they had not reverted back to their antisocial way of conversation.
43697631.png

Following her brother's gaze, Raver spied their sister's moving reunion. Something moved inside of them then, something had had not moved for as long as either of them could remember. This feeling was strange to them. They felt almost warm inside, but not the warmth of rage. They were not sure if they liked these emotions..

Shaking their head of personal concerns, the pale Guardian turned back to the two dragons. "Thornaath," the name felt strange to them, but there was something almost too familiar about him. "Well, since the two of you are such good friends, I suppose you are not a threat. That is..." their eyes held a devious glint of malice as they gazed into Thornaath's eyes, "...if we can trust you."

Waving away the sudden tension, Raver acknowledged Aviva once again. "Yes, dear. I fear our actions were unsavory to our other siblings and cousins." They swished their tail along the dry ground before speaking again. The voice was low, like before, but the tone was much softer on the ears. "Despite our..destructive nature, it is our hope to restore each of your memories along the journey we have been set upon." Raver nodded at them before turning their head down to Agrius, silently looking for acknowledgement that they had not reverted back to their antisocial way of conversation.
ew9u8Xp.png
Aviva balked at the new voice, turning her four-eyed gaze to see an Earthly colored Tundra. "Uh..." she started softly, trailing off into silence as the furred dragon continued addressing her companion. Agrius? Something itched beneath her scales. Shouldn't she know this individual? Her wing twitched slightly just as Thornaath answered the Tundra with an affirmative nod. Or was he responding to Raver's words? Likely, he was addressing both with the same gesture.

Still, that itch wouldn't go away. On a flicker of impulse, undermined by hesitation, Aviva reached up with a clawed hand to remove her mask. As she lowered it from her face, she blinked her eyes several times; it had been a fair while since she last thought to use her other sight properly. The world turned several shades of red, yellow, and orange.

It should have stayed that way though, with changes based on heat signatures between the land and the dragons before her.

In the next heartbeat, the familiar hues of warmth against cold bled out. Thermals yielded to something else entirely. The world looked natural, as if she hadn't bothered in the first place. But something... more, seeped through. It looked li-

"You're eyes are glowing," Thornaath rumbled close to her head, voice low and soft as if he were trying to whisper.

Aviva sucked in a sharp breath, head jerking back. The effect was gone as quickly as it came and she wondered if maybe she had imagined it. Shaking her head, she focused her gaze intently on the ground before her.

Thornaath shifted, moving a step closer where a segment of his wing lightly brushed against the line of her back. "You do not have to trust me," he started saying. Aviva assumed the words were directed at Raver. Maybe also Agrius. "But my priorities are centered around Aviva's wellbeing. If you can aid her, I will aid you."
Aviva balked at the new voice, turning her four-eyed gaze to see an Earthly colored Tundra. "Uh..." she started softly, trailing off into silence as the furred dragon continued addressing her companion. Agrius? Something itched beneath her scales. Shouldn't she know this individual? Her wing twitched slightly just as Thornaath answered the Tundra with an affirmative nod. Or was he responding to Raver's words? Likely, he was addressing both with the same gesture.

Still, that itch wouldn't go away. On a flicker of impulse, undermined by hesitation, Aviva reached up with a clawed hand to remove her mask. As she lowered it from her face, she blinked her eyes several times; it had been a fair while since she last thought to use her other sight properly. The world turned several shades of red, yellow, and orange.

It should have stayed that way though, with changes based on heat signatures between the land and the dragons before her.

In the next heartbeat, the familiar hues of warmth against cold bled out. Thermals yielded to something else entirely. The world looked natural, as if she hadn't bothered in the first place. But something... more, seeped through. It looked li-

"You're eyes are glowing," Thornaath rumbled close to her head, voice low and soft as if he were trying to whisper.

Aviva sucked in a sharp breath, head jerking back. The effect was gone as quickly as it came and she wondered if maybe she had imagined it. Shaking her head, she focused her gaze intently on the ground before her.

Thornaath shifted, moving a step closer where a segment of his wing lightly brushed against the line of her back. "You do not have to trust me," he started saying. Aviva assumed the words were directed at Raver. Maybe also Agrius. "But my priorities are centered around Aviva's wellbeing. If you can aid her, I will aid you."
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/94pg903be6djv0b/earthf1.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/467528/46752712.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/sm7yynlhs29ue4k/naturef2.png[/img][color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color][/columns] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ov5hj1ydbonnao/firemid.png[/img] Whispers drifted to her ear. The fans protruding from the ridges of her jaw shifted as if trying to waft the gentle sounds closer. Moirai turned her head, her focus, away from the rune stones that rested in a small bundle of cloth nearby; some had begun to glow faintly. Before her face darted a small, wispy creature. Dark tendrils, bleeding into light, floated and danced with its flight. Large luminous eyes stared at the Guardian. The gemstone it held in tiny arms glinted in the sunlight. "Something disturbing Gemdrop?" Moirai's green gaze flicked towards Joria, the Spiral's various blue-tinted scales and crystal-like wings rippling like the ocean. "Perhaps. Joria, how long has Aviva and Dyzith been gone for?" Her Patriarch hummed quietly, his eyes darkening only slightly as he lowered his eyelids partway. Worry made him fidget, elongated body slowly coiling and uncoiling. "It's been a fair amount of time. A few months." His ears twitched. "Maybe I should send someone to go find them," he mumbled, turning his face away from Moirai. Claws dug into fertile Earth. Gemdrop perched themself on one of Moirai's horns, tendrils caressing the scaled bone. Again, Moirai's eyes found the bundle of rune stones and something echoed within her thoughts. Rising from where she lay upon the leafy ground, the Guardian loomed over the Spiral that led her clan. "I will search for them." Sort of. Indirectly. Joria craned his head back to look at her, wings unfolding and beating to lift him off the ground. He circled around her, traveling upward towards her eye level. "Alright. Do you need any supplies? I can have Finn help you gather them." Her scales began to itch. It was time. "No. It will be easier without; I can collect what I need along the way." The Spiral hesitated, looping once through the coils of his own body with agitation. "Are you sure?" She stared at him, unblinking. When he swallowed, he gently lighted back upon the ground. "If you think you can handle it, I'll trust you. I think Dyzith mentioned they were going to travel through the Tangled Woods, first. Beyond that, I'm not sure." Nodding, Moirai opened her massive wings and took a step back to avoid pummeling Joria with too much draft. Leaping, she powered her wings and quickly travelled out of sight of her clan. It was all she could manage before the damage to her wings forced her back to the ground. Shaking out the aches, she briefly glanced at the dark markings that jaggedly trailed across membrane. Dragons and creatures around her believed them to be a genetic pattern. They didn't know her reality. The black markings began to split, light and traces of magic misting free. The itching in her scales intensified. A second call skewered through her mind, a familiar and long missed shrill. "Orphanim, darling." Magic thrummed through the air, splitting it and bathing the space with odd light. It filled with color, hovering just at the limit where color blended together into whiteness. Through it, the Slight Eyewing appeared. Brown wings carried the multi-eyed bird in circles around the Guardian until the Orphanim dove back into the temporal rift. Moirai followed suit. Instantly, Eonwatcher's magic lashed against her scales, stripping them away. Pain bloomed in her earthly flesh and she swallowed down a shout. She had forgotten. Her wings splintered further, revealing their true and damaged state, even as her earthly body melted away. Runes filled her form, glowing and sparking in the miryad of colors that made up the elements of Sornieth. Whispers of Time and Fate forged her silhouette that the runes traveled across. The jagged trails of neglect left lightless lines that raced across where body and wings had been. As Moirai and Orphanim traveled, Gemdrop clutching the bird's solid leg, images and glimpses of events flashed by. Finally, the one Moirai searched for came. She reached out with her magic, grappling with the flow of Time. "We are needed here, darling." Orphanim answered with a shrill call. A tear tore through the veil before them, spilling its light into Sornieth even as Moirai and Orphanim filled the rip. She had been outside of the realm, mingling with mortal beings, for longer than she should have; her body was not yet ready to leave again. Flesh regrew, concealing the magic that made her. The heat of pain was worse than when scales had been stripped away. Moirai had known she was needed here, just never knew the [i]when[/i] nor the [i]how long[/i]. Orphanim trilled at her, worry in the bird's many gazes and close flight. The Guardian gave her physical body a thorough shake, willing away the lingering touch of aches. A different sort of heat pressed against her awareness, soaking into her newly formed scales and pricking with sensitivity. She shook again. Eonwatcher's Slight Eyewing came close, hovering long enough for Gemdrop to float away from the bird's leg to perch upon her horn once more. Light green eyes scanned the molten region, thoughts stirring to recall the name of the Flamecaller's domain. "So the stirrings begin within the heart of Sornieth's fire." Her voice barely carried, her eyes softly glowing as she felt the shifting of the Sands. Beneath her claws, burning land yielded, leaving footprints in her wake. Moirai reached out with magic, trails of light and power flashing into existence for her to follow. One of them pulsed. Ignoring the heat of the Molten Scar, she traveled to the source of the trail. Before her floated a pinprick of energy. "Blessed of Spirit," she began, circling the essence once. "You and kin are needed." Unfurling her wings to keep her balanced, she reared on her hind legs. Foreclaws lifted to carefully hover near the orb. "Fragment of thee who was once whole, deliver this, mine words." Another grain of the Sands shifted, falling into place. From Moirai's maw, droplets of light and sand splashed to the ground. The orb pulsed in response, a deep flash that would spark through the others of its kind. Spiritsearcher would feel the tremors. "That which was begun must be finished. That which was torn asunder, doth repair. Uncover that which was stolen and buried away. Reveal the Truths and discover the wells. "Land of thy brethren shall speak. Decay shall silence bring." Again, the sphere pulsed, and the scales around Moirai's eyes began to crack. A spider-web of fractures splintered to the edge of her jaw. Orphanim trilled but remained airborne, unwilling to disrupt. "Listen, that who was shattered. The Sands pour and doth run low. Land of thy brethren quakes and burns. Its breathing, thee and thine must steady. Return what is right to the Bringer of Plagues." A third time, the essence pulsed. Magic flared as Moirai's clawed hands trembled. Sand cascaded from her maw, hissing when it struck molten ground. Claws curled sharply into the orb, fracturing and weakening the unseen barrier that enclosed it. The cracks surrounding Moirai's eyes lengthened, racing down the sides of her neck. Orphanim shrieked, flurrying about her head with distress. "Shall it be, so is done." Moirai slammed the orb into the ground, shattering the barrier Eonwatcher made all those centuries ago. Magic erupted outward, the shock blasting across the fiery region. The essence darted away, jerking along the ground in search of its host. Groaning, Moirai collapsed to the ground and exhaled. Orphanim trilled and clucked, coming as close to her face as possible. "I am fine, Orphanim, darling. It is up to my Creator and their kin now, the decisions they will all have to make for good or ill. But my task is not yet complete. Let me catch my breath, and then we shall move on as Time requires us. As Fate." [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1h2g3br1d1xem0r/plaguemidsmall.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6e1zhp90r7ooi88/fireb1.png[/img][/center]
xxxxxxxearthf1.png xxxxxxxxxxxx46752712.png xxxxxxxxxxxxnaturef2.pngxxxxxxx

firemid.png

Whispers drifted to her ear. The fans protruding from the ridges of her jaw shifted as if trying to waft the gentle sounds closer. Moirai turned her head, her focus, away from the rune stones that rested in a small bundle of cloth nearby; some had begun to glow faintly. Before her face darted a small, wispy creature. Dark tendrils, bleeding into light, floated and danced with its flight. Large luminous eyes stared at the Guardian. The gemstone it held in tiny arms glinted in the sunlight.

"Something disturbing Gemdrop?"

Moirai's green gaze flicked towards Joria, the Spiral's various blue-tinted scales and crystal-like wings rippling like the ocean. "Perhaps. Joria, how long has Aviva and Dyzith been gone for?"

Her Patriarch hummed quietly, his eyes darkening only slightly as he lowered his eyelids partway. Worry made him fidget, elongated body slowly coiling and uncoiling. "It's been a fair amount of time. A few months." His ears twitched. "Maybe I should send someone to go find them," he mumbled, turning his face away from Moirai. Claws dug into fertile Earth.

Gemdrop perched themself on one of Moirai's horns, tendrils caressing the scaled bone. Again, Moirai's eyes found the bundle of rune stones and something echoed within her thoughts. Rising from where she lay upon the leafy ground, the Guardian loomed over the Spiral that led her clan. "I will search for them."

Sort of. Indirectly.

Joria craned his head back to look at her, wings unfolding and beating to lift him off the ground. He circled around her, traveling upward towards her eye level. "Alright. Do you need any supplies? I can have Finn help you gather them."

Her scales began to itch. It was time. "No. It will be easier without; I can collect what I need along the way."

The Spiral hesitated, looping once through the coils of his own body with agitation. "Are you sure?" She stared at him, unblinking. When he swallowed, he gently lighted back upon the ground. "If you think you can handle it, I'll trust you. I think Dyzith mentioned they were going to travel through the Tangled Woods, first. Beyond that, I'm not sure."

Nodding, Moirai opened her massive wings and took a step back to avoid pummeling Joria with too much draft. Leaping, she powered her wings and quickly travelled out of sight of her clan. It was all she could manage before the damage to her wings forced her back to the ground. Shaking out the aches, she briefly glanced at the dark markings that jaggedly trailed across membrane. Dragons and creatures around her believed them to be a genetic pattern.

They didn't know her reality.

The black markings began to split, light and traces of magic misting free. The itching in her scales intensified. A second call skewered through her mind, a familiar and long missed shrill. "Orphanim, darling."

Magic thrummed through the air, splitting it and bathing the space with odd light. It filled with color, hovering just at the limit where color blended together into whiteness. Through it, the Slight Eyewing appeared. Brown wings carried the multi-eyed bird in circles around the Guardian until the Orphanim dove back into the temporal rift.

Moirai followed suit. Instantly, Eonwatcher's magic lashed against her scales, stripping them away. Pain bloomed in her earthly flesh and she swallowed down a shout. She had forgotten. Her wings splintered further, revealing their true and damaged state, even as her earthly body melted away.

Runes filled her form, glowing and sparking in the miryad of colors that made up the elements of Sornieth. Whispers of Time and Fate forged her silhouette that the runes traveled across. The jagged trails of neglect left lightless lines that raced across where body and wings had been.

As Moirai and Orphanim traveled, Gemdrop clutching the bird's solid leg, images and glimpses of events flashed by. Finally, the one Moirai searched for came. She reached out with her magic, grappling with the flow of Time. "We are needed here, darling."

Orphanim answered with a shrill call. A tear tore through the veil before them, spilling its light into Sornieth even as Moirai and Orphanim filled the rip. She had been outside of the realm, mingling with mortal beings, for longer than she should have; her body was not yet ready to leave again. Flesh regrew, concealing the magic that made her. The heat of pain was worse than when scales had been stripped away. Moirai had known she was needed here, just never knew the when nor the how long.

Orphanim trilled at her, worry in the bird's many gazes and close flight. The Guardian gave her physical body a thorough shake, willing away the lingering touch of aches. A different sort of heat pressed against her awareness, soaking into her newly formed scales and pricking with sensitivity. She shook again. Eonwatcher's Slight Eyewing came close, hovering long enough for Gemdrop to float away from the bird's leg to perch upon her horn once more.

Light green eyes scanned the molten region, thoughts stirring to recall the name of the Flamecaller's domain. "So the stirrings begin within the heart of Sornieth's fire." Her voice barely carried, her eyes softly glowing as she felt the shifting of the Sands.

Beneath her claws, burning land yielded, leaving footprints in her wake. Moirai reached out with magic, trails of light and power flashing into existence for her to follow. One of them pulsed. Ignoring the heat of the Molten Scar, she traveled to the source of the trail.

Before her floated a pinprick of energy. "Blessed of Spirit," she began, circling the essence once. "You and kin are needed." Unfurling her wings to keep her balanced, she reared on her hind legs. Foreclaws lifted to carefully hover near the orb. "Fragment of thee who was once whole, deliver this, mine words."

Another grain of the Sands shifted, falling into place. From Moirai's maw, droplets of light and sand splashed to the ground. The orb pulsed in response, a deep flash that would spark through the others of its kind. Spiritsearcher would feel the tremors. "That which was begun must be finished. That which was torn asunder, doth repair. Uncover that which was stolen and buried away. Reveal the Truths and discover the wells.

"Land of thy brethren shall speak. Decay shall silence bring." Again, the sphere pulsed, and the scales around Moirai's eyes began to crack. A spider-web of fractures splintered to the edge of her jaw. Orphanim trilled but remained airborne, unwilling to disrupt. "Listen, that who was shattered. The Sands pour and doth run low. Land of thy brethren quakes and burns. Its breathing, thee and thine must steady. Return what is right to the Bringer of Plagues."

A third time, the essence pulsed. Magic flared as Moirai's clawed hands trembled. Sand cascaded from her maw, hissing when it struck molten ground. Claws curled sharply into the orb, fracturing and weakening the unseen barrier that enclosed it. The cracks surrounding Moirai's eyes lengthened, racing down the sides of her neck. Orphanim shrieked, flurrying about her head with distress.

"Shall it be, so is done."

Moirai slammed the orb into the ground, shattering the barrier Eonwatcher made all those centuries ago. Magic erupted outward, the shock blasting across the fiery region. The essence darted away, jerking along the ground in search of its host.

Groaning, Moirai collapsed to the ground and exhaled. Orphanim trilled and clucked, coming as close to her face as possible. "I am fine, Orphanim, darling. It is up to my Creator and their kin now, the decisions they will all have to make for good or ill. But my task is not yet complete. Let me catch my breath, and then we shall move on as Time requires us. As Fate."
plaguemidsmall.png
fireb1.png
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41531374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/415314/41531374.png[/img] [/url] ----- Before the Tundra could react to either Spiritsearcher's new appearance (or even the mere idea that his dear sister was so strong as to summon herself back together) or Thornaath's statement, Agrius felt something [i]tear[/i] itself, deep within his breast and close to his heart. With a pained screech, he stumbled backward in a futile attempt to flee from the agony. Wings flaring outwards, he tried to avoid smacking any of his siblings, but with this feeling he wasn't sure if he succeeded. What was this? The Runic deity had never had this happen before, never even seen glimpses in the Loom; [i]what was this; what is happening?[/i] It only became worse, tapestry tearing asunder and opening new pathways to times unknown. What was Orphanim allowing? His faithful friend, stalwart guide, was opening the threads, fraying and weaving anew something Eonwatcher couldn't see. As the pain increased, Agrius blinked once and Sornieth twisted. Feathers and embers floated in an ethereal vignette as Eonwatcher saw their Slight Eyewing, larger and older, flying before an orb that pulsed with weak but determined magic. The orb, glimmering and incandescent, captured their attention past the agony and confusion. Their companion wasn't paying attention to Eonwatcher, but neither was the deity, focused on Spiritsearcher and her undying determination. As the Wildclaw watched, the orb gained golden cracks and bleeding fissures, power flooding from the wounds. Eonwatcher looked around for their siblings, hope beginning to flare as they did so. If it was breaking, that meant Eonwatcher had made it. Their siblings had agreed to help! They were going to fix everything! But they were nowhere to be found. Only something similar to Eonwatcher's own magic touched theirs, calming and confusing in equal measure. Tail drooping slightly and so befuddled, Eonwatcher tried to search for the familiar being, but their vision exploded with gold and the deity was thrown back into their Tundra guise. The force made Agrius bowl over with a shout, sliding a few pawlengths from where he'd crouched in pain. Eyes wide, he looked around wildly. Something was missing; [i]someone was missing.[/i] Raver, Spiritsearcher, Mindbreaker, Thornaath, Veno-nono [i]Aviva[/i], Clanheart and his ally above; who was missing? Tail lashing and kicking up pebbles and dust, Agrius took in a deep breath and smelt nothing. Only the accounted for. He didn't understand. [i]Where is she where is she where is she where is she where is she where is she?[/i] Unaware of his speeding heart and uncontrolled breaths, Agrius stood shakily. Covered in dust, he staggered around in a circle to search. [i]Where was she?[/i] [img]http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center]
earthtop.png

41531374.png

Before the Tundra could react to either Spiritsearcher's new appearance (or even the mere idea that his dear sister was so strong as to summon herself back together) or Thornaath's statement, Agrius felt something tear itself, deep within his breast and close to his heart. With a pained screech, he stumbled backward in a futile attempt to flee from the agony. Wings flaring outwards, he tried to avoid smacking any of his siblings, but with this feeling he wasn't sure if he succeeded. What was this? The Runic deity had never had this happen before, never even seen glimpses in the Loom; what was this; what is happening?

It only became worse, tapestry tearing asunder and opening new pathways to times unknown. What was Orphanim allowing? His faithful friend, stalwart guide, was opening the threads, fraying and weaving anew something Eonwatcher couldn't see. As the pain increased, Agrius blinked once and Sornieth twisted. Feathers and embers floated in an ethereal vignette as Eonwatcher saw their Slight Eyewing, larger and older, flying before an orb that pulsed with weak but determined magic.

The orb, glimmering and incandescent, captured their attention past the agony and confusion. Their companion wasn't paying attention to Eonwatcher, but neither was the deity, focused on Spiritsearcher and her undying determination. As the Wildclaw watched, the orb gained golden cracks and bleeding fissures, power flooding from the wounds. Eonwatcher looked around for their siblings, hope beginning to flare as they did so. If it was breaking, that meant Eonwatcher had made it. Their siblings had agreed to help! They were going to fix everything!

But they were nowhere to be found. Only something similar to Eonwatcher's own magic touched theirs, calming and confusing in equal measure. Tail drooping slightly and so befuddled, Eonwatcher tried to search for the familiar being, but their vision exploded with gold and the deity was thrown back into their Tundra guise.

The force made Agrius bowl over with a shout, sliding a few pawlengths from where he'd crouched in pain. Eyes wide, he looked around wildly. Something was missing; someone was missing. Raver, Spiritsearcher, Mindbreaker, Thornaath, Veno-nono Aviva, Clanheart and his ally above; who was missing? Tail lashing and kicking up pebbles and dust, Agrius took in a deep breath and smelt nothing. Only the accounted for. He didn't understand.

Where is she where is she where is she where is she where is she where is she? Unaware of his speeding heart and uncontrolled breaths, Agrius stood shakily. Covered in dust, he staggered around in a circle to search. Where was she?
earthbottom.png
tumblr_inline_p7ck57ROwS1u2mdgr_540.pngqesQFkT.gifA small, circular badge. The background image of the badge is a soft, pastel sky with rosy colored clouds. A piece of yellowed parchment and quill pen, along with a silver broadsword, are in the middle of the badge. The words 'Donate Services' are placed above and below the parchment, quill, and sword in the middle.
Spiritsearcher stood silently, opting to quietly enjoy the Mind deity's company rather than speak. She didn't know how long it had been- her memories of everything after her fight with Plaguebringer, up until the past few hours, were hazy at best- but she was elated to finally be reunited with Mindbreaker.

Their joyous reunion was cut short abruptly by a loud, pained shriek. Spiritsearcher turned to the source of the noise. "Eonwatcher!?" The deity bounded over to the distressed Tundra, ignoring the painful complaints from her own decaying vessel. She attempted to place a comforting paw on the panicked god's shoulder. "Calm down. You're safe." She hadn't noticed Eon's earlier response to her presence.
Spiritsearcher stood silently, opting to quietly enjoy the Mind deity's company rather than speak. She didn't know how long it had been- her memories of everything after her fight with Plaguebringer, up until the past few hours, were hazy at best- but she was elated to finally be reunited with Mindbreaker.

Their joyous reunion was cut short abruptly by a loud, pained shriek. Spiritsearcher turned to the source of the noise. "Eonwatcher!?" The deity bounded over to the distressed Tundra, ignoring the painful complaints from her own decaying vessel. She attempted to place a comforting paw on the panicked god's shoulder. "Calm down. You're safe." She hadn't noticed Eon's earlier response to her presence.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8cj2mjjdov9pwef/plaguef1.png[/img][img]http://www.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/436977/43697631.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o0v192luj3ozoki/icef2.png[/img][/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nk3jx6iuz7bgutw/icemid2.png[/img] [center]Raver stood still and listened to the words of the other dragons until the shrill cries of their brother split the warm air. They watched the Tundra recoil from the unseen foe with an unusual curiosity. The stir in their chest had ceased, and they quietly stepped aside as their broken sister limped over to assess their sibling. It was intriguing how someone so ravaged could still care this way. Looking around at the faces around them, Raver’s memory began to shift. Their siblings were the same as they always were, yet they were so vastly different from the last time they stood side by side. The wind shifted slightly. Something had changed. Not many seemed to acknowledge anything had occurred, but Raver had felt it. Peering at Spiritsearcher, they seemed a tad clearer now. Their voice less strained. Their form a tad less fragile. How curious...[/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zyfxtiyufhtmjez/icebottom2.png[/img] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0thr5h16u336coa/fern1.png[/img][img]http://www.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/439001/43900028.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ahk1zqohjn87eh/hydrangea3.png[/img][/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u6nh7yaoprvmqmg/naturebottom.png[/img] [center]Night had fallen, and the Sifting Expanse had delved into the darkness of sleep once again. Vigilant workers had crawled into their homes and found there way to peaceful slumber. Away from the harsh heat of the desert rests a vault of history that the scrolls have forgotten; a web of caves that a number of dragons call their home. This night, all of these dragons fell into a gentle, but unnaturally deep slumber. Throughout this large, cavernous underground drifted a single voice. A soft and sweet tone that hardly had the motivation to rise anymore. [i]Long ago, before those who wrote history forgot… When the world young and those first upon it fought…[/i] A lone figure sat high in the bows of the golden-flowered tree and sung quietly to no one. They were all asleep, and he knew that they would be for quite a while due to a simple spell that he had used many times before. This was the only time he was able to truly be himself. [i]They battled alongside Them with magic, tooth, and claw. And all stood together to watch the enemy withdraw.[/i] He raised a paw to a small bud and caressed it gently. At his touch, the bud blossomed into a beautiful flower. He smiled at the work that gave him the most joy; watching things grow. His scales shimmered and pulsed softly as he admired the flower. So full of life. So willing to be beautiful even if it does not have the energy to remain so. His long, wispy antenna curled as he heard movement from behind him. A large hill covered in flowers of all colors and kinds shifted and lifted off of the grass-covered earth. Distant trees shuddered as the massive thing moved. Two huge, glowing eyes opened slowly. Blinking a few times to knock the lids loose of earthy debris. Their eyes looked at the one in the tree for a moment before the wind whispered in a barely audible tone. [i][b]“They called to you, Father..”[/i][/b] The other turned to face the green glowing eyes, his long tail unfurling from his nook in the tree. He took a moment to admire his true form. It had been long since he was able to be free with his true self. His wings were a vibrant blue, a twist of magic and vine that blended harmoniously together. His body was much the same. Scales of bright green were draped with vines and shimmering splotches of magic that mimicked a heartbeat. Each limb was etched with intricate swirls similar to something that would decorate a wooden carving. His tail was covered in the same colorful vines as his wings, but it gradually unfurled into a trail of moss and ivy. His robes were dotted with shiny dewdrops, and his round horns glinted in the soft light around him. He stretched himself and sighed deeply, “They have indeed, my son. They will be coming for me, so I shall wait here for them to arrive.” His voice was cheery and excited. The other’s voice was quite the opposite, [i][b]“What do they seek, Father?”[/i][/b] “My dear child,” he smiled sweetly. “They seek to restore the sister that we have lost.” He was confused, [i][b]“Do you speak of Mesmer, Father?”[/i][/b] Their tones wavered, “N- no. That is not who they seek, Dear Zagoth. They wish to restore the Spiritsearcher.” After a moment of silence, he continued, “They will be coming here to look for pieces that once belonged to my fallen sibling.” [i][b]“How is it that you know, my Father?”[/i][/b] “I have seen the pieces here. I do not know how to get to them, but you would definitely not like knowing where they are.” Zagoth was quiet for a long moment, contemplating the meaning of this information. [i][b]“How many are here?”[/b][/i] “At least one, my son.” The small golden bells on his neck jingled slightly. “I do not know which one possesses it, but I know that one of them does.” [i][b]“I will follow you, my Lifebreather. Til I am not but dust.”[/b][/i] “Thank you, my son. You will know when they have arrived.” As Zagoth settled back into the ground, the Lifebreather climbed up higher into the tree. Once more he picked up his tune. [i]When all hope seems lost, look to the skies… You shall see, you shall see, the Runics shall rise…[/i][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9xn9oa6ujatj89c/naturemidsmall.png[/img][/center]
plaguef1.png43697631.pngicef2.png
icemid2.png
Raver stood still and listened to the words of the other dragons until the shrill cries of their brother split the warm air. They watched the Tundra recoil from the unseen foe with an unusual curiosity. The stir in their chest had ceased, and they quietly stepped aside as their broken sister limped over to assess their sibling. It was intriguing how someone so ravaged could still care this way.

Looking around at the faces around them, Raver’s memory began to shift. Their siblings were the same as they always were, yet they were so vastly different from the last time they stood side by side.

The wind shifted slightly. Something had changed. Not many seemed to acknowledge anything had occurred, but Raver had felt it. Peering at Spiritsearcher, they seemed a tad clearer now. Their voice less strained. Their form a tad less fragile. How curious...

icebottom2.png

fern1.png43900028.pnghydrangea3.png
naturebottom.png
Night had fallen, and the Sifting Expanse had delved into the darkness of sleep once again. Vigilant workers had crawled into their homes and found there way to peaceful slumber. Away from the harsh heat of the desert rests a vault of history that the scrolls have forgotten; a web of caves that a number of dragons call their home. This night, all of these dragons fell into a gentle, but unnaturally deep slumber.

Throughout this large, cavernous underground drifted a single voice. A soft and sweet tone that hardly had the motivation to rise anymore.

Long ago, before those who wrote history forgot… When the world young and those first upon it fought…

A lone figure sat high in the bows of the golden-flowered tree and sung quietly to no one. They were all asleep, and he knew that they would be for quite a while due to a simple spell that he had used many times before. This was the only time he was able to truly be himself.

They battled alongside Them with magic, tooth, and claw. And all stood together to watch the enemy withdraw.

He raised a paw to a small bud and caressed it gently. At his touch, the bud blossomed into a beautiful flower. He smiled at the work that gave him the most joy; watching things grow. His scales shimmered and pulsed softly as he admired the flower. So full of life. So willing to be beautiful even if it does not have the energy to remain so.

His long, wispy antenna curled as he heard movement from behind him. A large hill covered in flowers of all colors and kinds shifted and lifted off of the grass-covered earth. Distant trees shuddered as the massive thing moved. Two huge, glowing eyes opened slowly. Blinking a few times to knock the lids loose of earthy debris. Their eyes looked at the one in the tree for a moment before the wind whispered in a barely audible tone.

“They called to you, Father..”

The other turned to face the green glowing eyes, his long tail unfurling from his nook in the tree. He took a moment to admire his true form. It had been long since he was able to be free with his true self. His wings were a vibrant blue, a twist of magic and vine that blended harmoniously together. His body was much the same. Scales of bright green were draped with vines and shimmering splotches of magic that mimicked a heartbeat. Each limb was etched with intricate swirls similar to something that would decorate a wooden carving. His tail was covered in the same colorful vines as his wings, but it gradually unfurled into a trail of moss and ivy. His robes were dotted with shiny dewdrops, and his round horns glinted in the soft light around him.

He stretched himself and sighed deeply, “They have indeed, my son. They will be coming for me, so I shall wait here for them to arrive.” His voice was cheery and excited.

The other’s voice was quite the opposite, “What do they seek, Father?”

“My dear child,” he smiled sweetly. “They seek to restore the sister that we have lost.”

He was confused, “Do you speak of Mesmer, Father?”

Their tones wavered, “N- no. That is not who they seek, Dear Zagoth. They wish to restore the Spiritsearcher.” After a moment of silence, he continued, “They will be coming here to look for pieces that once belonged to my fallen sibling.”

“How is it that you know, my Father?”

“I have seen the pieces here. I do not know how to get to them, but you would definitely not like knowing where they are.”

Zagoth was quiet for a long moment, contemplating the meaning of this information. “How many are here?”

“At least one, my son.” The small golden bells on his neck jingled slightly. “I do not know which one possesses it, but I know that one of them does.”

“I will follow you, my Lifebreather. Til I am not but dust.”

“Thank you, my son. You will know when they have arrived.”

As Zagoth settled back into the ground, the Lifebreather climbed up higher into the tree. Once more he picked up his tune.

When all hope seems lost, look to the skies… You shall see, you shall see, the Runics shall rise…
naturemidsmall.png
ew9u8Xp.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/388394/38839351.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/425653/42565273.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img][/center] Agrius made a horrible sound. Aviva started, jerking her gaze to the Tundra as they staggered. Wings flailed. Thornaath's large head bumped against her side, effectively pushing her out of reach of Agrius's wings. "What's happening? What's wrong?" The Mirror worked to keep her balance, claws scraping across baked dirt. Abruptly, Agrius grew unnervingly still and Aviva held her breath. [i]Our sibling witnesses....[/i] She shook her head, dispelling the strange thought. In the next heartbeat, whatever had befallen the Tundra seemed to break with another cry. As their body tumbled along the ground, Aviva scurried towards them. She wasn't alone in the sentiment--the undead dragon that had been reconnecting with the frightening sea serpent moved towards Agrius as well. Aviva barely entertained the fact that there was an [i]undead[/i] dragon here. She also pushed aside the knowledge that she was missing a couple names. Okay--she was missing more than just a couple names. The undead dragon reached Agrius first, trying to give the Tundra a reassuring touch and make them stop pacing. "Agrius?" Aviva's voice came out much closer to a whisper than she had intended. Hovering close, she tried to catch the dragon's gaze as they circled. Agrius. Eonwatcher. Just what was she supposed to call this dragon? "What happened?" She had meant to stop the question there, but words continued without prompt, almost as if called by something she'd forgotten. "What did you witness? Did she show you?" Startlingly, Aviva became very aware of Thornaath's presence behind her. A rustle of stretching wings. "I believe we would all appreciate knowing the answer to that," he rumbled. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9xn9oa6ujatj89c/naturemidsmall.png[/img][/center]
38839351.png42565273.png

naturemid.png

Agrius made a horrible sound.

Aviva started, jerking her gaze to the Tundra as they staggered. Wings flailed. Thornaath's large head bumped against her side, effectively pushing her out of reach of Agrius's wings. "What's happening? What's wrong?" The Mirror worked to keep her balance, claws scraping across baked dirt. Abruptly, Agrius grew unnervingly still and Aviva held her breath.

Our sibling witnesses....

She shook her head, dispelling the strange thought. In the next heartbeat, whatever had befallen the Tundra seemed to break with another cry. As their body tumbled along the ground, Aviva scurried towards them. She wasn't alone in the sentiment--the undead dragon that had been reconnecting with the frightening sea serpent moved towards Agrius as well.

Aviva barely entertained the fact that there was an undead dragon here. She also pushed aside the knowledge that she was missing a couple names. Okay--she was missing more than just a couple names.

The undead dragon reached Agrius first, trying to give the Tundra a reassuring touch and make them stop pacing. "Agrius?" Aviva's voice came out much closer to a whisper than she had intended. Hovering close, she tried to catch the dragon's gaze as they circled. Agrius. Eonwatcher. Just what was she supposed to call this dragon? "What happened?" She had meant to stop the question there, but words continued without prompt, almost as if called by something she'd forgotten. "What did you witness? Did she show you?"

Startlingly, Aviva became very aware of Thornaath's presence behind her. A rustle of stretching wings. "I believe we would all appreciate knowing the answer to that," he rumbled.
naturemidsmall.png
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x