Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among humans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

The demon looked at the baker, inquisitively as he brought over the water, ignoiring the girl's remark. "Thank you..." He nodded, taking a sip from the glass, before looking out the window. There was a light dripping fro outside, as the sky began to drizzle just a little. "Tsk... Looks like I'm not going anywhere..." He mumbled, rubbing his head. He cast another glance to the vampire before leaning back in his seat. His mind was raising, darting from one subject to the next. How had he gotten in the city? Was he brought here by force, or just blindly drunk? How long had he been out?

Coalic froze at that last question. How long..? "Does anyone have the date?" He asked, seeming quite conserned with the matter. I felt as if he couldn't remember a simple day or two, but it could have very well been a week he was missing. Had he been taken by nobles and escaped at the cost of his memory? Was that why the vampire was here? To try and take him again? His request of small portions was odd. Maybe he was over thinking things? He leaned over onto the table, holding his head, groaning fro a light headake.
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

The demon looked at the baker, inquisitively as he brought over the water, ignoiring the girl's remark. "Thank you..." He nodded, taking a sip from the glass, before looking out the window. There was a light dripping fro outside, as the sky began to drizzle just a little. "Tsk... Looks like I'm not going anywhere..." He mumbled, rubbing his head. He cast another glance to the vampire before leaning back in his seat. His mind was raising, darting from one subject to the next. How had he gotten in the city? Was he brought here by force, or just blindly drunk? How long had he been out?

Coalic froze at that last question. How long..? "Does anyone have the date?" He asked, seeming quite conserned with the matter. I felt as if he couldn't remember a simple day or two, but it could have very well been a week he was missing. Had he been taken by nobles and escaped at the cost of his memory? Was that why the vampire was here? To try and take him again? His request of small portions was odd. Maybe he was over thinking things? He leaned over onto the table, holding his head, groaning fro a light headake.
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha could easily tell that the other was taking well to her personality and couldn’t help but smile in a proud little way, this felt good and happy costumers usually bought more goods and if they needed anything right now, it was people buying their goods in order to get out of debt. Loan sharks were a scary thing.

Saaleha kept smiling even when the foods were called exotic, which still felt a little odd since these were all foods she grew up with and of course all of them were halal. She understood the foods weren’t from around these parts but there was still something odd about it all. Then again exotic sold, and as long as it sold she wasn’t going to open her mouth at all.

When hearing that there was a chance the lord may buy an excess of food for a dinner party the two siblings seemed to perk up, Yasir trying not to stare at the lord while Saaleha happily drummed her hands on the counter for a moment to openly show her excitement.

“Yes, though it may take some time to get everything prepared and we only have one stove and furnace...So if you don’t mind waiting, please sit down. If you wish we could get you a drink while you wait?” Saaleha then asked as she leaned back on her heels, her eyes still carefully examining the lord.

Vampires weren’t a very common thing as far as Saaleha knew, but she had heard the rumors of the odd Lord Grey and after a moment things seemed to click in that head of hers as her eyes widened a smidgen, surprise took over on her face and then it mixed with excitement as she bounced a little.

A vampire! Maybe! If the rumors were true which they probably weren’t, dude was totally undead. Then again vampires didn’t eat, right? Either way, vampire or not, Saaleha new something was up with the older fellow and wanted to know what.

Small truth seeker was now in the prowl as she tried to outwardly contain the excitement. Now how to ask a bunch of invasive questions politely?

The baker gave a small nod to Coalic when thanked along with a kind little smile to try and ease the man who also looked nervous in the lords presence. He wasn’t really surprised and soon walked back to get all the food started and making sure he kept an eye on Saaleha to make sure she didn’t sneak in any extra unneeded spices this time around.

“Uhh…Good question” Saaleha looked over at Coalic for a second, her attention pulled from the lord as she now looked around for a calendar of any kind, gosh where ever did they put it? Or did they even have one to begin with.

“It’s the 5th, right?” She inquired.

“No, I think it’s the 7th”

And now the two siblings bickered softly over what day it was, seems the days have escaped them.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha could easily tell that the other was taking well to her personality and couldn’t help but smile in a proud little way, this felt good and happy costumers usually bought more goods and if they needed anything right now, it was people buying their goods in order to get out of debt. Loan sharks were a scary thing.

Saaleha kept smiling even when the foods were called exotic, which still felt a little odd since these were all foods she grew up with and of course all of them were halal. She understood the foods weren’t from around these parts but there was still something odd about it all. Then again exotic sold, and as long as it sold she wasn’t going to open her mouth at all.

When hearing that there was a chance the lord may buy an excess of food for a dinner party the two siblings seemed to perk up, Yasir trying not to stare at the lord while Saaleha happily drummed her hands on the counter for a moment to openly show her excitement.

“Yes, though it may take some time to get everything prepared and we only have one stove and furnace...So if you don’t mind waiting, please sit down. If you wish we could get you a drink while you wait?” Saaleha then asked as she leaned back on her heels, her eyes still carefully examining the lord.

Vampires weren’t a very common thing as far as Saaleha knew, but she had heard the rumors of the odd Lord Grey and after a moment things seemed to click in that head of hers as her eyes widened a smidgen, surprise took over on her face and then it mixed with excitement as she bounced a little.

A vampire! Maybe! If the rumors were true which they probably weren’t, dude was totally undead. Then again vampires didn’t eat, right? Either way, vampire or not, Saaleha new something was up with the older fellow and wanted to know what.

Small truth seeker was now in the prowl as she tried to outwardly contain the excitement. Now how to ask a bunch of invasive questions politely?

The baker gave a small nod to Coalic when thanked along with a kind little smile to try and ease the man who also looked nervous in the lords presence. He wasn’t really surprised and soon walked back to get all the food started and making sure he kept an eye on Saaleha to make sure she didn’t sneak in any extra unneeded spices this time around.

“Uhh…Good question” Saaleha looked over at Coalic for a second, her attention pulled from the lord as she now looked around for a calendar of any kind, gosh where ever did they put it? Or did they even have one to begin with.

“It’s the 5th, right?” She inquired.

“No, I think it’s the 7th”

And now the two siblings bickered softly over what day it was, seems the days have escaped them.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey watched as the baker girl's grin widened as he mentioned a potential bulk order. When he really thought about it, something like that could really put their little bakery in the slums on the map. After all, to have their food served at a lord's dinner party with who knows how many other nobles would be both an honour and a praise. He just hoped that they and their one little stove were up to the task.

Nodding politely, Lord Grey taking the girl's advice and finding a table to sit at. He briefly entertained the idea of sitting across from the little ball of nerves, but he decided against it. It wasn't exactly polite to sit at the same table as a stranger without permission. "I can wait for as long as it takes. Don't rush it for me," he had to pause there to consider his next words. The young woman had offered him a drink, and for a moment he wondered if she was offering him her blood. Of course not... she didn't even know what he was. He could see that. "No thank-you. Just the food will be- Is something wrong?" Lord Grey's answer was halted in favour of a quizzical question. Without warning a look of both surprise and excitement washed over the girl, and she began bouncing on her feet. It couldn't be the prospect of a massive sale, as otherwise this would have already happened.

While awaiting an answer, if he was even going to get one, Lord Grey turned to bracing himself for what was to come. This was probably the only thing he really hated about vampirism. No matter how much he might want to, how delicious the food there was no eating it. Not properly. He supposed that with the nigh intoxicating flavour of blood, it was a fair tradeoff. Still, that didn't make the coming task any easier. He would at the very least have to taste each of the dishes he had asked for, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to do even that. Perhaps he should have fed before making this trip... that always seemed to help. Then again, it tended to get rather messy. It would have meant bathing, a fresh set of clothes... too much trouble for something as simple as this.

As he was preparing himself, he heard the siblings bickering quietly over what day it was, in answer to the young man's question. "It's the seventh," turning to face the young man more directly, Lord Grey continued, "Do you have some business coming up that you need the date for?" Very few people had proper need for dates, really. Just using days of the week was so much easier. At least now he could try to strike up a friendly conversation with the other man. With any luck, he could ease his nerves somewhat, the way that everyone here seemed to be so on edge aside from the baker girl, it was a little tiresome. He liked spending time with mortals not to see them fear him, but to get a glimpse of their lives. Something to keep him sane and in control during the endless years.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey watched as the baker girl's grin widened as he mentioned a potential bulk order. When he really thought about it, something like that could really put their little bakery in the slums on the map. After all, to have their food served at a lord's dinner party with who knows how many other nobles would be both an honour and a praise. He just hoped that they and their one little stove were up to the task.

Nodding politely, Lord Grey taking the girl's advice and finding a table to sit at. He briefly entertained the idea of sitting across from the little ball of nerves, but he decided against it. It wasn't exactly polite to sit at the same table as a stranger without permission. "I can wait for as long as it takes. Don't rush it for me," he had to pause there to consider his next words. The young woman had offered him a drink, and for a moment he wondered if she was offering him her blood. Of course not... she didn't even know what he was. He could see that. "No thank-you. Just the food will be- Is something wrong?" Lord Grey's answer was halted in favour of a quizzical question. Without warning a look of both surprise and excitement washed over the girl, and she began bouncing on her feet. It couldn't be the prospect of a massive sale, as otherwise this would have already happened.

While awaiting an answer, if he was even going to get one, Lord Grey turned to bracing himself for what was to come. This was probably the only thing he really hated about vampirism. No matter how much he might want to, how delicious the food there was no eating it. Not properly. He supposed that with the nigh intoxicating flavour of blood, it was a fair tradeoff. Still, that didn't make the coming task any easier. He would at the very least have to taste each of the dishes he had asked for, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to do even that. Perhaps he should have fed before making this trip... that always seemed to help. Then again, it tended to get rather messy. It would have meant bathing, a fresh set of clothes... too much trouble for something as simple as this.

As he was preparing himself, he heard the siblings bickering quietly over what day it was, in answer to the young man's question. "It's the seventh," turning to face the young man more directly, Lord Grey continued, "Do you have some business coming up that you need the date for?" Very few people had proper need for dates, really. Just using days of the week was so much easier. At least now he could try to strike up a friendly conversation with the other man. With any luck, he could ease his nerves somewhat, the way that everyone here seemed to be so on edge aside from the baker girl, it was a little tiresome. He liked spending time with mortals not to see them fear him, but to get a glimpse of their lives. Something to keep him sane and in control during the endless years.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic gave a look over to the vampire, seeming quite surprised that he confermed his answer. "An event...? No, not really...." He sighed, looking back torts the window. "I just can't seem to remember a few days past...." He sighed. "If today is the seventh then that makes maybe four or five days of nothing..." He groaned, leaning back. He looked up at the cieling. Either it was quite a party or quite a fight that stole so much time from him. "Well then... No point on dwelling on what is lost.." He sighed, acting as if it was nothing, but there was an audible shake in his voice.

He turned and looked at the vampire, figuring if the man had an angle, then he was going to reviele it on his own pace. The demon remained on edge, but there was no use in acting like a kicked puppy. "I don't believe I've introduced myself... Sorry for the rudeness... Please, call me Coalic..." He said, crossing a leg over the other. He smiled faintly and brushed some hair behind his ear to get a better look at the man. His sharp yellow eyes still seemed like they were trying to cut through the vampire as he looked him over. "Who might yoube..? I'm not sure I caught any name.." He asked, taking another drink of water.

Outside, there was a bright flash, followed by the expected thunder, which managed to brighten the room momentarily. One would have had quick eyes to see it, but in the spit moment, the demon's shadow took on an abnormally larger shape. He, himself, didn't even seem to notice as he looked back at the steadily increasing rain outside
@@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic gave a look over to the vampire, seeming quite surprised that he confermed his answer. "An event...? No, not really...." He sighed, looking back torts the window. "I just can't seem to remember a few days past...." He sighed. "If today is the seventh then that makes maybe four or five days of nothing..." He groaned, leaning back. He looked up at the cieling. Either it was quite a party or quite a fight that stole so much time from him. "Well then... No point on dwelling on what is lost.." He sighed, acting as if it was nothing, but there was an audible shake in his voice.

He turned and looked at the vampire, figuring if the man had an angle, then he was going to reviele it on his own pace. The demon remained on edge, but there was no use in acting like a kicked puppy. "I don't believe I've introduced myself... Sorry for the rudeness... Please, call me Coalic..." He said, crossing a leg over the other. He smiled faintly and brushed some hair behind his ear to get a better look at the man. His sharp yellow eyes still seemed like they were trying to cut through the vampire as he looked him over. "Who might yoube..? I'm not sure I caught any name.." He asked, taking another drink of water.

Outside, there was a bright flash, followed by the expected thunder, which managed to brighten the room momentarily. One would have had quick eyes to see it, but in the spit moment, the demon's shadow took on an abnormally larger shape. He, himself, didn't even seem to notice as he looked back at the steadily increasing rain outside
@foxflaim
@Quamosthy

Saaleha just drummed at the counter a little more when asked if everything was alright before leaning forward and whispering as she tried to contain herself. Contain the excitement at all the good that could come of having this particular lord in her family’s bakery, yet there was also bad that could as easily come as well if she were not careful.

“You’re Lord Grey, right? I’ve heard a lot about you” Like some dubious rumors that she was most interested in. “It’s a pleasure to meet you sir” Time to play the good girl act, for maybe if he stuck around or came by again or if she even just made a good impression she could ask so many questions down the road.

Then again she couldn’t forget Coalic, had to remember to try and held the fellow out and maybe walk him to the East Gate later when Jay came in to take her shift. Good deeds all around an from the looks of who was in the store, karma was here to return all the good she has done in double.

Though had she known the man was truly, 100% a vampire she may have offered to bleed herself into a glass for the Lord in return for a few answers to a few questions. He probably wouldn’t get anything straight from the source unless he was Jewish or Islamic, like herself, as while blood was haraam there were certain ways to make it a little more Kosher. Certian guidelines to follow and since Sunni Muslims could eat Kosher items it worked out pretty nicely.

Yasir just stared straight, already stressing because while he didn’t know what Saaleha was up to, he knew her and he knew such forward ways of speaking to a lord was...Unwise at best.

“And you really shouldn’t drink so much friend” Saaleha now spoke to Coalic, giving him an out if he wanted it while pouting at the man. Her tone was chummy but scolding as if she were a friend. She knew something was up with Coalic, just just didn’t know what exactly and was willing to help him out as long as he hadn’t murdered anyone. So just act like a friend in front of the Lord, since friends could answer questions for friends, allow the others to do the talking.

Though it was up to Coalic if he wanted to follow this lie or not, if he even understood what she was trying to do in the first place.

When the lightening flashed neither of the Botros siblings would notice the shadow. Yasir jumped a little and almost dropped some food, fumbled with it but in the end caught it before returning to cooking while Saaleha looked concerned before whispering something to her brother and soon enough the two seemed to be concerned over someone else. One asked the other if they knew where a ‘Kamilah’ was, hopefully home the other would answer.

They both knew their older sister was scared of thunder storms.
@foxflaim
@Quamosthy

Saaleha just drummed at the counter a little more when asked if everything was alright before leaning forward and whispering as she tried to contain herself. Contain the excitement at all the good that could come of having this particular lord in her family’s bakery, yet there was also bad that could as easily come as well if she were not careful.

“You’re Lord Grey, right? I’ve heard a lot about you” Like some dubious rumors that she was most interested in. “It’s a pleasure to meet you sir” Time to play the good girl act, for maybe if he stuck around or came by again or if she even just made a good impression she could ask so many questions down the road.

Then again she couldn’t forget Coalic, had to remember to try and held the fellow out and maybe walk him to the East Gate later when Jay came in to take her shift. Good deeds all around an from the looks of who was in the store, karma was here to return all the good she has done in double.

Though had she known the man was truly, 100% a vampire she may have offered to bleed herself into a glass for the Lord in return for a few answers to a few questions. He probably wouldn’t get anything straight from the source unless he was Jewish or Islamic, like herself, as while blood was haraam there were certain ways to make it a little more Kosher. Certian guidelines to follow and since Sunni Muslims could eat Kosher items it worked out pretty nicely.

Yasir just stared straight, already stressing because while he didn’t know what Saaleha was up to, he knew her and he knew such forward ways of speaking to a lord was...Unwise at best.

“And you really shouldn’t drink so much friend” Saaleha now spoke to Coalic, giving him an out if he wanted it while pouting at the man. Her tone was chummy but scolding as if she were a friend. She knew something was up with Coalic, just just didn’t know what exactly and was willing to help him out as long as he hadn’t murdered anyone. So just act like a friend in front of the Lord, since friends could answer questions for friends, allow the others to do the talking.

Though it was up to Coalic if he wanted to follow this lie or not, if he even understood what she was trying to do in the first place.

When the lightening flashed neither of the Botros siblings would notice the shadow. Yasir jumped a little and almost dropped some food, fumbled with it but in the end caught it before returning to cooking while Saaleha looked concerned before whispering something to her brother and soon enough the two seemed to be concerned over someone else. One asked the other if they knew where a ‘Kamilah’ was, hopefully home the other would answer.

They both knew their older sister was scared of thunder storms.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey eyed the baker girl. Her boldness was not something that Lord Grey was accustomed to, not when the usual reaction tended to be more like that of her brother. Still, Lord Grey would be lying if he said it wasn't refreshing to have someone not treat him as the lord he was. The girl even cut ahead of him and answered the question that the odd young man on the other side of the room had asked.

"I am Lord Grey," the vampire replied simply, in answer to both Coalic and the bold girl. Honestly, he was quite surprised that the young man hadn't heard of him before. There were very, very few people in the city who didn't know of Lord Grey. After all, he was the oldest of those in the Court, and easily had the most rumours flying around about him. Then again, perhaps the boy was from beyond the city. Visitors weren't exactly common, but neither were they unheard of. "I apologise, I should have properly introduced myself sooner."

A crack of thunder roared from outside, loud enough to shake the windows of the bakery, followed by a blinding flash of lightning. For the briefest of moments, Lord Grey could have sworn that he saw the shadow of some massive beast, but as soon as the lightning bathed the room in a harsh, white light, they were left again in the comparatively dim light of the shop. Outside, what had been only a drizzle had turned into a torrential downpour in moments. Such was the weather. With a sigh, Lord Grey realised it would be foolish to try and wait out the storm and he would soon have to head home in the rain. After all, storms here tended to hang around for quite a while, fed by the swamps to the west.

Shortly after the sound died down, he heard the two bakers talking. Lord Grey didn't catch much, and he wasn't in the habit of eavesdropping, but he did hear a name. 'Kamilah'. It was unfamiliar to him, though that was hardly surprising. The bakers seemed nervous... perhaps this Kamilah was family? Being caught out in a storm like this would most certainly not be a good thing. Still, he also wasn't in the habit of just helping people. He'd seen far too much death to care about just one more.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey eyed the baker girl. Her boldness was not something that Lord Grey was accustomed to, not when the usual reaction tended to be more like that of her brother. Still, Lord Grey would be lying if he said it wasn't refreshing to have someone not treat him as the lord he was. The girl even cut ahead of him and answered the question that the odd young man on the other side of the room had asked.

"I am Lord Grey," the vampire replied simply, in answer to both Coalic and the bold girl. Honestly, he was quite surprised that the young man hadn't heard of him before. There were very, very few people in the city who didn't know of Lord Grey. After all, he was the oldest of those in the Court, and easily had the most rumours flying around about him. Then again, perhaps the boy was from beyond the city. Visitors weren't exactly common, but neither were they unheard of. "I apologise, I should have properly introduced myself sooner."

A crack of thunder roared from outside, loud enough to shake the windows of the bakery, followed by a blinding flash of lightning. For the briefest of moments, Lord Grey could have sworn that he saw the shadow of some massive beast, but as soon as the lightning bathed the room in a harsh, white light, they were left again in the comparatively dim light of the shop. Outside, what had been only a drizzle had turned into a torrential downpour in moments. Such was the weather. With a sigh, Lord Grey realised it would be foolish to try and wait out the storm and he would soon have to head home in the rain. After all, storms here tended to hang around for quite a while, fed by the swamps to the west.

Shortly after the sound died down, he heard the two bakers talking. Lord Grey didn't catch much, and he wasn't in the habit of eavesdropping, but he did hear a name. 'Kamilah'. It was unfamiliar to him, though that was hardly surprising. The bakers seemed nervous... perhaps this Kamilah was family? Being caught out in a storm like this would most certainly not be a good thing. Still, he also wasn't in the habit of just helping people. He'd seen far too much death to care about just one more.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic rolled his eyes a little at the girl's responce. "I only drink at parties.... Granted there's always a party somewhere, but I only go to fun ones..." He said, taking another sip. "And those are generally held on full moons, where I'm from, and a full moon isn't for another week, if I'm right...." He said, humming a little. He did love full moons... Everything comes out then, and it makes for a good night of hunting and dancing. He caught himself smiling at the thought. "Ah, actually!" He said, clapping his hands together. "According to a astrologist, I caught, it should be a lunar eclips...." He said. "I wouldn't suggest leaving the city walls, that night..." He said, shaking his head. "Every creature in the shadows will be out looking for fun" He spoke as if he had som personal expirience, but he wouldn't elaberate any further. Not with the vampire right next to them.

He stood up and walked over to the window, staring out. "Ts... Its going to be a pain making it east if this weather holds..." He sighed. "Ya know, theres a story that if lightning its a thousant year old tree, it'll produce liquid gold, rather than sap..?" He asked, not expecting an answer. His stomach growled a little befor he went to sit down, yawning just a bit. "I haven't seen it my self, but I also don't travel to the top of the mountain much..." He sighed, shaking his head.
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic rolled his eyes a little at the girl's responce. "I only drink at parties.... Granted there's always a party somewhere, but I only go to fun ones..." He said, taking another sip. "And those are generally held on full moons, where I'm from, and a full moon isn't for another week, if I'm right...." He said, humming a little. He did love full moons... Everything comes out then, and it makes for a good night of hunting and dancing. He caught himself smiling at the thought. "Ah, actually!" He said, clapping his hands together. "According to a astrologist, I caught, it should be a lunar eclips...." He said. "I wouldn't suggest leaving the city walls, that night..." He said, shaking his head. "Every creature in the shadows will be out looking for fun" He spoke as if he had som personal expirience, but he wouldn't elaberate any further. Not with the vampire right next to them.

He stood up and walked over to the window, staring out. "Ts... Its going to be a pain making it east if this weather holds..." He sighed. "Ya know, theres a story that if lightning its a thousant year old tree, it'll produce liquid gold, rather than sap..?" He asked, not expecting an answer. His stomach growled a little befor he went to sit down, yawning just a bit. "I haven't seen it my self, but I also don't travel to the top of the mountain much..." He sighed, shaking his head.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha slowly looked over her shoulder from whispering with her brother in order to just stare at Coalic, already feeling like she was going to have to take the man into the backroom later to explain what being subtle and laying low meant much less reading the atmosphere. Especially since she still thought him to be some petty criminal in trouble with the law and holy **** she felt he could spew less truth in front of the lord here.

Just pretend to have a hangover and put you’re head down on the table and let her talk! Ah, no she didn’t even know why she was getting so internally worked up over this. Lying was a difficult thing to do and maybe it was best that the man was being so brutally honest. She just wished he wouldn’t do it right in front of someone of the courts.

“Have I ever told you how weird and talkative you are Coalic? Because you are” Saaleha now spoke as she went to check the bread in the furnace, it was rising pretty well and soon enough the rolls would be done while Yasir prepared the lamb.

The brother still seemed nervous over many things while the sister tried to push it all down, pretended to be fine while looking out the window from time to time as if expecting someone. There older sister was much like them in terms of where she fit in in society. A small time seamstress who if given the chance could easily make the finest robes and other fashions for the world to see, but like the other two there was little chance of that happening while they stayed in the slums.

“Yeesh it is raining out there...” Saaleha now spoke as she went to pull the rolls out, with all the food cooking the bakery was starting to smell rather sweet. “Also Coalic, we are gonna have a little chat after your breakfast” She then wraggled a finger at him while her other hand fanned the rolls, waiting until they were cool enough to place on a plate.

He was saying a lot of weird things, weird things she was interested in, had many questions about but at the same time things one did not ask in front of a lord. Too risky.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha slowly looked over her shoulder from whispering with her brother in order to just stare at Coalic, already feeling like she was going to have to take the man into the backroom later to explain what being subtle and laying low meant much less reading the atmosphere. Especially since she still thought him to be some petty criminal in trouble with the law and holy **** she felt he could spew less truth in front of the lord here.

Just pretend to have a hangover and put you’re head down on the table and let her talk! Ah, no she didn’t even know why she was getting so internally worked up over this. Lying was a difficult thing to do and maybe it was best that the man was being so brutally honest. She just wished he wouldn’t do it right in front of someone of the courts.

“Have I ever told you how weird and talkative you are Coalic? Because you are” Saaleha now spoke as she went to check the bread in the furnace, it was rising pretty well and soon enough the rolls would be done while Yasir prepared the lamb.

The brother still seemed nervous over many things while the sister tried to push it all down, pretended to be fine while looking out the window from time to time as if expecting someone. There older sister was much like them in terms of where she fit in in society. A small time seamstress who if given the chance could easily make the finest robes and other fashions for the world to see, but like the other two there was little chance of that happening while they stayed in the slums.

“Yeesh it is raining out there...” Saaleha now spoke as she went to pull the rolls out, with all the food cooking the bakery was starting to smell rather sweet. “Also Coalic, we are gonna have a little chat after your breakfast” She then wraggled a finger at him while her other hand fanned the rolls, waiting until they were cool enough to place on a plate.

He was saying a lot of weird things, weird things she was interested in, had many questions about but at the same time things one did not ask in front of a lord. Too risky.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm feeling really sick today, and I just can't concentrate on writing. If you guys want to move things along without me for a bit, I'm fine with that. Just figured I'd let you know instead of just not posting.))
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm feeling really sick today, and I just can't concentrate on writing. If you guys want to move things along without me for a bit, I'm fine with that. Just figured I'd let you know instead of just not posting.))

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57