Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among humans
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
@quamosthy

Okay, so i think the forums being weird or something since my stuff wasn't coming up. Like some of my text was invisible for some reason when I just checked on it. Here to type again and say take as long as you need to get better, i personally can totes wait.
Hope you Feel better soon]
@quamosthy

Okay, so i think the forums being weird or something since my stuff wasn't coming up. Like some of my text was invisible for some reason when I just checked on it. Here to type again and say take as long as you need to get better, i personally can totes wait.
Hope you Feel better soon]
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm feeling a little better now, but I'm still pretty sick. I can post now, but I might not be as quick as usual.))

Lord Grey couldn't help but notice the way that the baker girl kept casting worried looks at the door, as if expecting someone. Perhaps that 'Kamilah' he overheard her talking about? He decided to voice these thoughts. "Is there someone else you're waiting for?" the vampire asked, red eyes drifting to the door as he spoke. He had to admit, now he was curious. There wasn't much that could excite him, after hundreds of years, but curiosity was something that was yet to fade.

While watching the rain pelt the street outside, another rumble of thunder followed by a flash of lightning lit the shop. Again, there was that strange shadow... it couldn't be coincidence. He couldn't see anything in the shop that could possibly cast such an intimidating silhouette, so he had to think; just what could cast a shadow different to its form? An illusion. Illusion magic was oddly popular within the Court, the nobles using spells to manipulate and control both their rivals and those beneath him. But no mage had the shadow of a beast, unless they weren't what they seemed. So perhaps he wasn't a mage, but a being of magic himself.

Then it clicked. Everything just aligned too perfectly for it to be anything but the truth. The yellow-eyed stranger was less human than Lord Grey himself was. Exactly what the boy was, the vampire couldn't be sure, but he knew that he was a being of magic. That would explain why the young man was so nervous in his presence. He must know not only his standing in the Court, but also of his vampirism. That would make things difficult, but Lord Grey supposed that it was best to let the boy know that his secret was out, but also safe with the vampire. The last thing he wanted was to condemn one of the last few magical beings out there to life in a cell filled with torture and experiments.

Red eyes looking straight at the young man on the other side of the room, Lord Grey hoped that he would be able to sense that the lord lacked any malicious intent, at least for the time being. "You're a long way from home. You do know that a city like this is dangerous for your kind, don't you?"
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm feeling a little better now, but I'm still pretty sick. I can post now, but I might not be as quick as usual.))

Lord Grey couldn't help but notice the way that the baker girl kept casting worried looks at the door, as if expecting someone. Perhaps that 'Kamilah' he overheard her talking about? He decided to voice these thoughts. "Is there someone else you're waiting for?" the vampire asked, red eyes drifting to the door as he spoke. He had to admit, now he was curious. There wasn't much that could excite him, after hundreds of years, but curiosity was something that was yet to fade.

While watching the rain pelt the street outside, another rumble of thunder followed by a flash of lightning lit the shop. Again, there was that strange shadow... it couldn't be coincidence. He couldn't see anything in the shop that could possibly cast such an intimidating silhouette, so he had to think; just what could cast a shadow different to its form? An illusion. Illusion magic was oddly popular within the Court, the nobles using spells to manipulate and control both their rivals and those beneath him. But no mage had the shadow of a beast, unless they weren't what they seemed. So perhaps he wasn't a mage, but a being of magic himself.

Then it clicked. Everything just aligned too perfectly for it to be anything but the truth. The yellow-eyed stranger was less human than Lord Grey himself was. Exactly what the boy was, the vampire couldn't be sure, but he knew that he was a being of magic. That would explain why the young man was so nervous in his presence. He must know not only his standing in the Court, but also of his vampirism. That would make things difficult, but Lord Grey supposed that it was best to let the boy know that his secret was out, but also safe with the vampire. The last thing he wanted was to condemn one of the last few magical beings out there to life in a cell filled with torture and experiments.

Red eyes looking straight at the young man on the other side of the room, Lord Grey hoped that he would be able to sense that the lord lacked any malicious intent, at least for the time being. "You're a long way from home. You do know that a city like this is dangerous for your kind, don't you?"
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

"How am I the talkative one, in a room with you in it?" He asked, in a teasing way. He continued to stare out the window, seeming completely oblivious to her 'hints', or maybe it was he simly didn't care. He was on edge anyway, waiting on the vampire to make some act of aggresion torts him. The demon couldn't help but jump at the next flash out lightning before turning away and lookin at the human girl. "A talk? What possibly about?" He asked, though a small smirk hinted he was possibly simply teasing her for it.

Once the vampire spoke up to him he seemed to all but freeze up. Coalic slowly looked over to the vampire, staring daggers at the other. He couldn't feel any sense of aggression, but many vampires were good at masking their intent. "Indeed I am... Only I'm not quite here by my own will..." He said, speaking slowly, and not breaking eye contact. "I woke up here, only this morning... Is their a problem with this..?" He asked, trying to be strait to the point. If there was going to be a scuffle, then sooner now than later
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

"How am I the talkative one, in a room with you in it?" He asked, in a teasing way. He continued to stare out the window, seeming completely oblivious to her 'hints', or maybe it was he simly didn't care. He was on edge anyway, waiting on the vampire to make some act of aggresion torts him. The demon couldn't help but jump at the next flash out lightning before turning away and lookin at the human girl. "A talk? What possibly about?" He asked, though a small smirk hinted he was possibly simply teasing her for it.

Once the vampire spoke up to him he seemed to all but freeze up. Coalic slowly looked over to the vampire, staring daggers at the other. He couldn't feel any sense of aggression, but many vampires were good at masking their intent. "Indeed I am... Only I'm not quite here by my own will..." He said, speaking slowly, and not breaking eye contact. "I woke up here, only this morning... Is their a problem with this..?" He asked, trying to be strait to the point. If there was going to be a scuffle, then sooner now than later
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

[It’s totes okay, take all the time you need and glad you’re feeling at least a smidgen better]

“Oh, uh...Well we are a bakery and this storm is pretty bad” Saaleha lied with a tight smile, tapping her fingers against a counter before looking outside again. “And you know, some people don’t due well in thunderstorms. With all the loud thunder and the what not”

Saaleha then sighed and listened to Coalic, giving the man a little more relaxed smile then what she previously had, but just a little. This teasing nature that was starting to show in the fellow was a nice welcome change, something to help take her mind off her troubles and when another strike of lightening streaked across the sky the girl closed her eyes, took in a deep breath and grabbed the rolls, starting to walk over to Coalic to at least give him a little of his meal before the lamb was done. Didn’t want him wasting away before he could eat.

Like before she had missed the shadow of the beast, her eyes closed and her brother just turned away from them all as he tried to quickly prepare little portions for the lord, giving the food extra care. He was almost done with the first portion.

“You’ll just have to wait and see” Saaleha now teased back as she placed a small plate of two rolls in front of Coalic. “Also be careful, they are still kinda on the hot side.”

And then everything suddenly turned tense in front of her eyes and she felt a new stress. Please Coalic, don’t glare at the Lord who may or may not be a vampire. At the very least the rumors had to start somewhere, so if not a vampire the lord might be doing something with blood.

She tried to pay attention to the conversation now, it was hard not to in such a small bakery...What did Lord Grey know about Coalic? Oh god, he really was a petty thief or something, wasn’t he? Maybe when she has the talk later she’d bring up redemption or something.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

[It’s totes okay, take all the time you need and glad you’re feeling at least a smidgen better]

“Oh, uh...Well we are a bakery and this storm is pretty bad” Saaleha lied with a tight smile, tapping her fingers against a counter before looking outside again. “And you know, some people don’t due well in thunderstorms. With all the loud thunder and the what not”

Saaleha then sighed and listened to Coalic, giving the man a little more relaxed smile then what she previously had, but just a little. This teasing nature that was starting to show in the fellow was a nice welcome change, something to help take her mind off her troubles and when another strike of lightening streaked across the sky the girl closed her eyes, took in a deep breath and grabbed the rolls, starting to walk over to Coalic to at least give him a little of his meal before the lamb was done. Didn’t want him wasting away before he could eat.

Like before she had missed the shadow of the beast, her eyes closed and her brother just turned away from them all as he tried to quickly prepare little portions for the lord, giving the food extra care. He was almost done with the first portion.

“You’ll just have to wait and see” Saaleha now teased back as she placed a small plate of two rolls in front of Coalic. “Also be careful, they are still kinda on the hot side.”

And then everything suddenly turned tense in front of her eyes and she felt a new stress. Please Coalic, don’t glare at the Lord who may or may not be a vampire. At the very least the rumors had to start somewhere, so if not a vampire the lord might be doing something with blood.

She tried to pay attention to the conversation now, it was hard not to in such a small bakery...What did Lord Grey know about Coalic? Oh god, he really was a petty thief or something, wasn’t he? Maybe when she has the talk later she’d bring up redemption or something.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey had to suppress a chuckle at the baker girl's lie. Logically speaking, she would be getting less business with the weather as bad as it was because most people would have retreated to their homes until it was over. Very few people would want to get caught out in the rain and then stuck in a bakery for hours. Then again, that was the very position that Lord Grey found himself in, so he held his tongue and wondered if she really was waiting for someone.

Perhaps he wasn't clear enough when he had tried to convey both his knowledge and his intent, or lack thereof. The inhuman man before him answered slowly and cautiously, now looking ready for a fight at any moment. A fight wasn't something that Lord Grey was particularly in the mood for; there'd be repair bills for the bakery, probably a fair bit of magic and almost certainly blood. It was such a pain to have to both fight and deal with the scent of fresh blood. "Not for me, no. You might want to do a better job of blending in though. If a member of the Court were to catch you, I doubt you'd like what they would do to you." Lord Grey hoped that his brutal honesty would get through to the young man. If not, then maybe he would have to fight if only to beat some sense into him.

"Contrary to what you may be thinking, I'm not here to capture you or kill you," the vampire continued, trying to put the not-human's mind at ease. It was true too, as Lord Grey was only here to prepare for his next dinner party and had no interest whatsoever in furthering the agenda of the Court, even though he was technically a part of it. Age, power and influence seemed to have almost automatically have him fall in with that crowd, and they did have some redeeming qualities. As a governing body, they did a good job of keeping most of the city in good shape, promoted trade with other cities, hunted down mages... well, the last one wasn't good, but the Court did have its place in society.

@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey had to suppress a chuckle at the baker girl's lie. Logically speaking, she would be getting less business with the weather as bad as it was because most people would have retreated to their homes until it was over. Very few people would want to get caught out in the rain and then stuck in a bakery for hours. Then again, that was the very position that Lord Grey found himself in, so he held his tongue and wondered if she really was waiting for someone.

Perhaps he wasn't clear enough when he had tried to convey both his knowledge and his intent, or lack thereof. The inhuman man before him answered slowly and cautiously, now looking ready for a fight at any moment. A fight wasn't something that Lord Grey was particularly in the mood for; there'd be repair bills for the bakery, probably a fair bit of magic and almost certainly blood. It was such a pain to have to both fight and deal with the scent of fresh blood. "Not for me, no. You might want to do a better job of blending in though. If a member of the Court were to catch you, I doubt you'd like what they would do to you." Lord Grey hoped that his brutal honesty would get through to the young man. If not, then maybe he would have to fight if only to beat some sense into him.

"Contrary to what you may be thinking, I'm not here to capture you or kill you," the vampire continued, trying to put the not-human's mind at ease. It was true too, as Lord Grey was only here to prepare for his next dinner party and had no interest whatsoever in furthering the agenda of the Court, even though he was technically a part of it. Age, power and influence seemed to have almost automatically have him fall in with that crowd, and they did have some redeeming qualities. As a governing body, they did a good job of keeping most of the city in good shape, promoted trade with other cities, hunted down mages... well, the last one wasn't good, but the Court did have its place in society.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic's eyes didn't seem to move away from the vampire's presence in the sightest. "That better be true..." He muttered. "I'm not in the mood for dealing with any of you or your associates... Though I'm sure you all are how I wound up out here, in the first place..." He huffed, in the same manner a dog mushed give a warning bark. He took a breath before sitting down, now facing the vampire. "And I blend in just fine..." He shrugged, seeming almost offended. "I can't really fix the hair thing, and I thought these clothes were normal looking..." he said, looking down at himself. "Alchimating complex clothes is rather taxing for me... Especially durring the day.."

The demon finally seemed to take notice of the rolls, and with a final warning glance at the vampire, he nearly inhaled the bread, scarfing it down as if he hadn't eaten in days.. Which very well might be true.... "Thanks..." he said, swallowing down the last chunk and looking back at the human girl. "So, bloodsucker....." He said, looking back torts the vampire. "Or not... Maybe you just do a lot of blood magic... Either way, theres a good chance you rely on it... So if your not here to kill me, or what ever you humanesk things to to creatures of my composure, what ARE you here for...?" He asked. "I mean... You can't really be buying food are you? I hardly smell such a hint from you..." He narrowed his eyes just a little, seeming both a little more relaxed, but still on edge.
@@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic's eyes didn't seem to move away from the vampire's presence in the sightest. "That better be true..." He muttered. "I'm not in the mood for dealing with any of you or your associates... Though I'm sure you all are how I wound up out here, in the first place..." He huffed, in the same manner a dog mushed give a warning bark. He took a breath before sitting down, now facing the vampire. "And I blend in just fine..." He shrugged, seeming almost offended. "I can't really fix the hair thing, and I thought these clothes were normal looking..." he said, looking down at himself. "Alchimating complex clothes is rather taxing for me... Especially durring the day.."

The demon finally seemed to take notice of the rolls, and with a final warning glance at the vampire, he nearly inhaled the bread, scarfing it down as if he hadn't eaten in days.. Which very well might be true.... "Thanks..." he said, swallowing down the last chunk and looking back at the human girl. "So, bloodsucker....." He said, looking back torts the vampire. "Or not... Maybe you just do a lot of blood magic... Either way, theres a good chance you rely on it... So if your not here to kill me, or what ever you humanesk things to to creatures of my composure, what ARE you here for...?" He asked. "I mean... You can't really be buying food are you? I hardly smell such a hint from you..." He narrowed his eyes just a little, seeming both a little more relaxed, but still on edge.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha just stood there because what the **** was happening here?! Who just talked about these things willy nilly in front of strangers?! Not to mention she felt very left out and confused about what was going on. Her mind was trying to piece things together, like what the **** was Coalic??
Did he call the lord a bloodsucker or someone who did blood magic??? ??

“Okay!” She suddenly spoke, clapping her hands together before going behind Coalic, grabbing the chair and trying to drag it away with the man still in it. She was a little stressed with how Coalic was just talking to the lord for one, but also she really needed answers. “I need to borrow my friend here for a second!”

Yasir just stared as his sister was attempting to drag the chair, and Coalic, into the back kitchen where they washed dishes. He was feeling rather stressed himself, wondering if the man was a criminal or worse, a mage...Which was still a criminal if he really had to think about it.

If there was one flaw to Yasir, it was that he was willing to ignore a lot as long as it didn’t bother him or his store and boy he was trying to ignore that conversation real hard. He couldn’t be ignorng it harder as he grabbed a few small dishes to start putting the food on for the first dish and also get Coalic’s lamb all set.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

Saaleha just stood there because what the **** was happening here?! Who just talked about these things willy nilly in front of strangers?! Not to mention she felt very left out and confused about what was going on. Her mind was trying to piece things together, like what the **** was Coalic??
Did he call the lord a bloodsucker or someone who did blood magic??? ??

“Okay!” She suddenly spoke, clapping her hands together before going behind Coalic, grabbing the chair and trying to drag it away with the man still in it. She was a little stressed with how Coalic was just talking to the lord for one, but also she really needed answers. “I need to borrow my friend here for a second!”

Yasir just stared as his sister was attempting to drag the chair, and Coalic, into the back kitchen where they washed dishes. He was feeling rather stressed himself, wondering if the man was a criminal or worse, a mage...Which was still a criminal if he really had to think about it.

If there was one flaw to Yasir, it was that he was willing to ignore a lot as long as it didn’t bother him or his store and boy he was trying to ignore that conversation real hard. He couldn’t be ignorng it harder as he grabbed a few small dishes to start putting the food on for the first dish and also get Coalic’s lamb all set.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

So, Coalic knew that he too was something less than human. Lord Grey just smiled and shrugged. "I'm not one to deny the truth when I'm faced with it. I am, as you say, a 'bloodsucker', though I believe that vampire might be more... polite." Lord Grey acknowledged his vampirism in the same calm tone with which he would discuss the weather. He didn't care that he was in the presence of two mortals and a magical being. It was all the same to him, whether they knew or not. If anything, it actually made things easier. After all, now he wouldn't have to try so hard to eat the food prepared for him if they knew he really shouldn't be eating it.

"The clothing and hair are fine, they aren't anything remarkable. It's your eyes and how you hold yourself. No matter how much you might look like you belong, if you keep up with that nervousness, you're going to stand out. Only criminals have that look." The noble didn't have the opportunity to say much more before the baker girl was dragging Coalic away, no doubt because of the rather tactless way the inhuman man addressed the lord. That was fine. She had mentioned earlier that she was going to pull Coalic aside for a chat anyway.

With the two headed for the back room, Lord Grey was left alone in the front of the bakery, waiting for his food and listening to the rain. It was almost peaceful really, the way that he had a moment of quiet away from his home. Still, despite the quietness of the moment, he still couldn't help but watch the door. Just who were the bakers expecting to come through there in this weather?
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

So, Coalic knew that he too was something less than human. Lord Grey just smiled and shrugged. "I'm not one to deny the truth when I'm faced with it. I am, as you say, a 'bloodsucker', though I believe that vampire might be more... polite." Lord Grey acknowledged his vampirism in the same calm tone with which he would discuss the weather. He didn't care that he was in the presence of two mortals and a magical being. It was all the same to him, whether they knew or not. If anything, it actually made things easier. After all, now he wouldn't have to try so hard to eat the food prepared for him if they knew he really shouldn't be eating it.

"The clothing and hair are fine, they aren't anything remarkable. It's your eyes and how you hold yourself. No matter how much you might look like you belong, if you keep up with that nervousness, you're going to stand out. Only criminals have that look." The noble didn't have the opportunity to say much more before the baker girl was dragging Coalic away, no doubt because of the rather tactless way the inhuman man addressed the lord. That was fine. She had mentioned earlier that she was going to pull Coalic aside for a chat anyway.

With the two headed for the back room, Lord Grey was left alone in the front of the bakery, waiting for his food and listening to the rain. It was almost peaceful really, the way that he had a moment of quiet away from his home. Still, despite the quietness of the moment, he still couldn't help but watch the door. Just who were the bakers expecting to come through there in this weather?

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic sat back in the chair, looki ng at the vampire. He hardly heard the human girl as all his senses were focused on the other figure. He nearly jumped out of his skin as the chair was pulled back, and he only looked nack at the girl as if she was a minor annoyance. He weighed surprisingly little, but that didn't mean he was going to stand and follow the woman. He simple clung to the bottom of the chair, like a stubborn cat and crossed his legs, smirking just a bit.

"Thanks for the ride, but whats wrong? He asked, looking briefly at the boy before at Saaleha. "Gave a dispesured frown as he stared at her. "I'm guessing your confused?" he ased, now tilting his head.
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic sat back in the chair, looki ng at the vampire. He hardly heard the human girl as all his senses were focused on the other figure. He nearly jumped out of his skin as the chair was pulled back, and he only looked nack at the girl as if she was a minor annoyance. He weighed surprisingly little, but that didn't mean he was going to stand and follow the woman. He simple clung to the bottom of the chair, like a stubborn cat and crossed his legs, smirking just a bit.

"Thanks for the ride, but whats wrong? He asked, looking briefly at the boy before at Saaleha. "Gave a dispesured frown as he stared at her. "I'm guessing your confused?" he ased, now tilting his head.
@foxfliam @Quamosthy

Saaleha could be easily seen mouthing out ‘Oh my god’ at this whole situation trying to play out in front of her. Didn’t these people know of the decency of keeping some things private and or not blabbing out their secrets.

The chair squealed a little on the floor before Saaleha could pull Coalic all the way into the back kitchen and into privacy. She was slightly out of breath by the time she managed to drag Coalic in his chair back here, leaning over a tad with her hands on her knees before taking a deep slow breath in and trying to stand tall, which she was not. She was not at all.

She then held up her hands to motion ‘one moment’ before going to slowly and not so sneakily peek her head out of the back kitchen and at Lord Grey...She had a look that she wanted to talk to him too, just not right now. He said and confirmed some things that she felt needed to be chit chatted about.

Once making sure that he was still there the girl slunk back into the back kitchen and pouted at Coalic, hands on her hips, pretty much in a Wonder Woman pose.

“What the heckie” She demanded in a whisper in an almost harsh tone, “No one addressed the lord like that! Certainly not the one rumored to be a vampire, what is wrong with you?! Haven’t you ever been anywhere near the upper class before?? Also...Also, what are you? Some kinda criminal? What crimes do you hold, am I harboring a mage? Magic is super taboo, like holy poo”

Saaleha now gave the man a hard stare, demanding to know if he was some runaway mage or something. Her eyes held both a serious yet excited look in them.

While Saaleha interrogated her guest Yasir had finished the first dishes. Just a little cleaning up to make sure the lords dish was pretty aaaand, done!

“I am terribly sorry for the wait” Yasir spoke in a meek tone as he walked over to Lord Grey’s table, placing down a sample of one of the dishes he ordered and seemed to have defiantly been ignoring the conversation real hard. He didn’t even seem acknowledging it besides that now he was looking in the lords eyes 100% less then before.

Yasir then went back to collect Coalic’s lamb dish, not as pretty as the lords and placed it next to where the rolls had been where the other had been seated.

Possibly unluckily for the lord in this case, the one the bakers were waiting for would not be coming until the storm was over and by then there was good chance that everything here would have been done and said. Kamilah was not about to chance this weather.
@foxfliam @Quamosthy

Saaleha could be easily seen mouthing out ‘Oh my god’ at this whole situation trying to play out in front of her. Didn’t these people know of the decency of keeping some things private and or not blabbing out their secrets.

The chair squealed a little on the floor before Saaleha could pull Coalic all the way into the back kitchen and into privacy. She was slightly out of breath by the time she managed to drag Coalic in his chair back here, leaning over a tad with her hands on her knees before taking a deep slow breath in and trying to stand tall, which she was not. She was not at all.

She then held up her hands to motion ‘one moment’ before going to slowly and not so sneakily peek her head out of the back kitchen and at Lord Grey...She had a look that she wanted to talk to him too, just not right now. He said and confirmed some things that she felt needed to be chit chatted about.

Once making sure that he was still there the girl slunk back into the back kitchen and pouted at Coalic, hands on her hips, pretty much in a Wonder Woman pose.

“What the heckie” She demanded in a whisper in an almost harsh tone, “No one addressed the lord like that! Certainly not the one rumored to be a vampire, what is wrong with you?! Haven’t you ever been anywhere near the upper class before?? Also...Also, what are you? Some kinda criminal? What crimes do you hold, am I harboring a mage? Magic is super taboo, like holy poo”

Saaleha now gave the man a hard stare, demanding to know if he was some runaway mage or something. Her eyes held both a serious yet excited look in them.

While Saaleha interrogated her guest Yasir had finished the first dishes. Just a little cleaning up to make sure the lords dish was pretty aaaand, done!

“I am terribly sorry for the wait” Yasir spoke in a meek tone as he walked over to Lord Grey’s table, placing down a sample of one of the dishes he ordered and seemed to have defiantly been ignoring the conversation real hard. He didn’t even seem acknowledging it besides that now he was looking in the lords eyes 100% less then before.

Yasir then went back to collect Coalic’s lamb dish, not as pretty as the lords and placed it next to where the rolls had been where the other had been seated.

Possibly unluckily for the lord in this case, the one the bakers were waiting for would not be coming until the storm was over and by then there was good chance that everything here would have been done and said. Kamilah was not about to chance this weather.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57