Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among humans
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

The food layed out before him looked, for lack of a better word, beautiful. As far as food could be beautiful at least. Bracing himself, Lord Grey took a small bite, too busy steeling his resolve to say anything more than a polite 'thank-you' to the baker who was apparently a pretty good chef too by the looks of things. No comment about eye contact this time. It would be unreasonable to ask about that now anyway after Lord Grey admitted to being a vampire. It wasn't something he ever really kept 'secret'. Most who knew him knew also of this fact. To the noble, there was no point in hiding it when there wasn't really anything people could do to him. Besides, for all his calm and polite mannerisms, he fully embraced the night and everything else being a vampire entailed.

Unfortunately, part of that meant leaving normal food behind in favour of blood. The food tasted great, but unfortunately that's where the good things about it ended for Lord Grey, though not through any fault of the chef. It felt so wrong, his first instinct was to just spit it out. That would be disrespectful to the man who put in so much effort to make it though, so he forced himself to swallow it. There wouldn't be any more of that today, not with so many other things on his mind. Still, at least now he had an idea of what he wanted to serve at his next dinner party. Maybe he would invite the bakers to his residence for the event. It would certainly be easier than to have them prepare the food beforehand.

Now there was little to do but wait, whether that was waiting for the baker to return so he could give his compliments or the girl returning with the not-human. He wondered how she was going to take the knowledge that he was a vampire. Lord Grey hadn't had the chance to catch her reaction before she dragged Coalic away to the back room.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

The food layed out before him looked, for lack of a better word, beautiful. As far as food could be beautiful at least. Bracing himself, Lord Grey took a small bite, too busy steeling his resolve to say anything more than a polite 'thank-you' to the baker who was apparently a pretty good chef too by the looks of things. No comment about eye contact this time. It would be unreasonable to ask about that now anyway after Lord Grey admitted to being a vampire. It wasn't something he ever really kept 'secret'. Most who knew him knew also of this fact. To the noble, there was no point in hiding it when there wasn't really anything people could do to him. Besides, for all his calm and polite mannerisms, he fully embraced the night and everything else being a vampire entailed.

Unfortunately, part of that meant leaving normal food behind in favour of blood. The food tasted great, but unfortunately that's where the good things about it ended for Lord Grey, though not through any fault of the chef. It felt so wrong, his first instinct was to just spit it out. That would be disrespectful to the man who put in so much effort to make it though, so he forced himself to swallow it. There wouldn't be any more of that today, not with so many other things on his mind. Still, at least now he had an idea of what he wanted to serve at his next dinner party. Maybe he would invite the bakers to his residence for the event. It would certainly be easier than to have them prepare the food beforehand.

Now there was little to do but wait, whether that was waiting for the baker to return so he could give his compliments or the girl returning with the not-human. He wondered how she was going to take the knowledge that he was a vampire. Lord Grey hadn't had the chance to catch her reaction before she dragged Coalic away to the back room.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic looked up to the girl, with a rather bored expresion. "A mage..? Don't make me laugh..." He sighed before standing up and looking down at her. "I am what gives a mage their power, ya see..? A demon. Something quite more forbidden in your walls...." He frowned. "And don't stare at me, ya here..? Its quite discomforting... But do you understand why I'm quite uncomfortable about such a man... And No. I have never been near the upper class, if that answers your questions... Though I'm sure you have many more..." He sighed, rubbing his head. "But please calm down, okay? I don't need my possition screamed to the world, less you attract some guardsmen..."
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic looked up to the girl, with a rather bored expresion. "A mage..? Don't make me laugh..." He sighed before standing up and looking down at her. "I am what gives a mage their power, ya see..? A demon. Something quite more forbidden in your walls...." He frowned. "And don't stare at me, ya here..? Its quite discomforting... But do you understand why I'm quite uncomfortable about such a man... And No. I have never been near the upper class, if that answers your questions... Though I'm sure you have many more..." He sighed, rubbing his head. "But please calm down, okay? I don't need my possition screamed to the world, less you attract some guardsmen..."
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

“Oh good” Saaleha sighed when he first spoke that he was not a mage, even if honestly she was a tad disappointed. Though with his next words she choked on air, coughing a little while giving him a look that he was crazy. He was just...She KNEW those eyes weren’t normal!!! “Are you playing with me? Having a laugh?” She then asked, leaning closer as if she wanted some kind of evidence to him being a so called demon. Though the odd thing was that those eyes of hers seemed hopeful, as if almost wishing that he were a demon.

“Wait” She then huffed a little in defense. “You think ‘I’M’ gonna be the one to give you away? When you’re here making things waaay to obvious all on your own? I’ve been trying to help you! I even gave you a few ways out! You are so dim witted!”

Yasir watched the lord out of the corner of his eye before getting back to preparing the other two small samples that were asked for. Though now that he was alone with Lord Grey and a thunderstorm outside and his sister who knows where with a possible criminal he couldn’t help but feel tense as small beads of sweat started to form across his forehead.

“If it is not to blunt to ask” The baker started, voice weary but loud enough to be heard. “Do you travel these parts common, my lord?”
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

“Oh good” Saaleha sighed when he first spoke that he was not a mage, even if honestly she was a tad disappointed. Though with his next words she choked on air, coughing a little while giving him a look that he was crazy. He was just...She KNEW those eyes weren’t normal!!! “Are you playing with me? Having a laugh?” She then asked, leaning closer as if she wanted some kind of evidence to him being a so called demon. Though the odd thing was that those eyes of hers seemed hopeful, as if almost wishing that he were a demon.

“Wait” She then huffed a little in defense. “You think ‘I’M’ gonna be the one to give you away? When you’re here making things waaay to obvious all on your own? I’ve been trying to help you! I even gave you a few ways out! You are so dim witted!”

Yasir watched the lord out of the corner of his eye before getting back to preparing the other two small samples that were asked for. Though now that he was alone with Lord Grey and a thunderstorm outside and his sister who knows where with a possible criminal he couldn’t help but feel tense as small beads of sweat started to form across his forehead.

“If it is not to blunt to ask” The baker started, voice weary but loud enough to be heard. “Do you travel these parts common, my lord?”
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey was surprised to hear the baker ask him a question, the man having so far hardly even able to look Lord Grey in the eyes. "It's not too blunt. I am likely more open to friendly conversation than most of my standing," It was true to. He hung around mortals for companionship, even if it was only for a few hours. Others of the Court seemed to think the common masses beneath them or were too busy for idle chatter. "I don't come here as often as I'd like. Try as I might, there's always something the Court wants me to do. I can only distract them with dinner parties and music shows so many times before they start harassing me for reports or whatever it is they want me to do."

However much of a pain it might have been, Lord Grey admitted that being part of the Court had its advantages, the most notable of which being unrestricted access to whatever information he wanted. Being against the capture and murder of both mages and the beings they got their magic from, Lord Grey often used his privileges to make them 'disappear', finding them a discreet way out of the city while telling the court that the mages at least had met a rather messy end at his fangs. He could only do it every so often, to avoid suspicion, but otherwise it only served to cultivate both the 'disappearance' of mages and the rumours even within the Court of Lord Grey's vampirism.

"This food is quite delicious. I'm afraid I can't stomach much more of it, but rest assured that I will be employing your services at a later date," Lord Grey made sure that the baker knew the food was up to the vampire's standards. He couldn't very well host a dinner party with food that was merely 'okay' or 'average', and with how often he hosted events Lord Grey was often looking for new things with which to impress his guests.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey was surprised to hear the baker ask him a question, the man having so far hardly even able to look Lord Grey in the eyes. "It's not too blunt. I am likely more open to friendly conversation than most of my standing," It was true to. He hung around mortals for companionship, even if it was only for a few hours. Others of the Court seemed to think the common masses beneath them or were too busy for idle chatter. "I don't come here as often as I'd like. Try as I might, there's always something the Court wants me to do. I can only distract them with dinner parties and music shows so many times before they start harassing me for reports or whatever it is they want me to do."

However much of a pain it might have been, Lord Grey admitted that being part of the Court had its advantages, the most notable of which being unrestricted access to whatever information he wanted. Being against the capture and murder of both mages and the beings they got their magic from, Lord Grey often used his privileges to make them 'disappear', finding them a discreet way out of the city while telling the court that the mages at least had met a rather messy end at his fangs. He could only do it every so often, to avoid suspicion, but otherwise it only served to cultivate both the 'disappearance' of mages and the rumours even within the Court of Lord Grey's vampirism.

"This food is quite delicious. I'm afraid I can't stomach much more of it, but rest assured that I will be employing your services at a later date," Lord Grey made sure that the baker knew the food was up to the vampire's standards. He couldn't very well host a dinner party with food that was merely 'okay' or 'average', and with how often he hosted events Lord Grey was often looking for new things with which to impress his guests.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

"Rest asured, young lady... I am in no means 'having a laugh... Ademon trapped in the city is no laughing matter, no matter who you are.." He frowned, before poking the girls nose and spinning around. "And your were, quite well in my opinion, giving me away. 'Wait are you a criminal?' she askes in public" He said, rolling his eyes. "Not odd at all...." He huffed.
"Gods, yough... It smells quite wonderful in here.... It makes it hard to think.... But for a final time, I am a demon, a thing of magic and flesh. If you have doubts, simply look at my shatow when the light is strong. I am quite well with self illusions, but fabricated flesh only extends to a certain reach...."
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

"Rest asured, young lady... I am in no means 'having a laugh... Ademon trapped in the city is no laughing matter, no matter who you are.." He frowned, before poking the girls nose and spinning around. "And your were, quite well in my opinion, giving me away. 'Wait are you a criminal?' she askes in public" He said, rolling his eyes. "Not odd at all...." He huffed.
"Gods, yough... It smells quite wonderful in here.... It makes it hard to think.... But for a final time, I am a demon, a thing of magic and flesh. If you have doubts, simply look at my shatow when the light is strong. I am quite well with self illusions, but fabricated flesh only extends to a certain reach...."
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

"I kinda think you are having a laugh" Saaleha groaned softly, though when poked she groaned louder and lightly swatted at his hand. "You're not suppose to touch me" she warned, waggling her finger at the demon as if he weren't a demon. Then again it was hard to believe without proof and she didn't exactly have any high powered flashlights on her at this very moment.

"Wait, wait, wait..." Saaleha now held her hands up and seemed to be thinking heavily as she bit her lip, chewing on it before looking up at the demon. "So hypothetically speaking, how does one go about making a contract or whatever with a demon for magical powers...Hypothetical question again"

This was of course the most hypothetical question to ever leave the girls mouth and in no way what so ever did she had a strong interest in magic, despite being highly illegal and just haraam for that matter. Nope, she was 100% a good apple.
--

"It is no surprise that freetime may not be something you have in troves, as surely someone of your stature is indeed very busy" Yasir spoke as he peeked over his shoulder at the lord, it was almost surreal having the man here, surreal to also try and not think that this man had also just admitted to being, what was it, a vampire?

Oh the very thought made the baker dizzy, but surely his words were only in jest, right? He really didn't know but felt it best not to think about, even more so not to think that he was now alone with a bloodsucker.

When being told that his talents would be employed at a later date, Yasir almost dropped another small plate while having a puzzled yet surprised look on his face before turning to the food that he was already cooking...Saaleha could have it he guessed. The girl did have a nasty habit after all if not on the right diet to lose weight at an unhealthy pace.

"Yes, of course my lord. Whenever you need me." It was risky to take the job if the lord was truly a vampire but debts needed to be paid and Yasir was willing to do almost anything to get out of the grasp of the loan sharks.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

"I kinda think you are having a laugh" Saaleha groaned softly, though when poked she groaned louder and lightly swatted at his hand. "You're not suppose to touch me" she warned, waggling her finger at the demon as if he weren't a demon. Then again it was hard to believe without proof and she didn't exactly have any high powered flashlights on her at this very moment.

"Wait, wait, wait..." Saaleha now held her hands up and seemed to be thinking heavily as she bit her lip, chewing on it before looking up at the demon. "So hypothetically speaking, how does one go about making a contract or whatever with a demon for magical powers...Hypothetical question again"

This was of course the most hypothetical question to ever leave the girls mouth and in no way what so ever did she had a strong interest in magic, despite being highly illegal and just haraam for that matter. Nope, she was 100% a good apple.
--

"It is no surprise that freetime may not be something you have in troves, as surely someone of your stature is indeed very busy" Yasir spoke as he peeked over his shoulder at the lord, it was almost surreal having the man here, surreal to also try and not think that this man had also just admitted to being, what was it, a vampire?

Oh the very thought made the baker dizzy, but surely his words were only in jest, right? He really didn't know but felt it best not to think about, even more so not to think that he was now alone with a bloodsucker.

When being told that his talents would be employed at a later date, Yasir almost dropped another small plate while having a puzzled yet surprised look on his face before turning to the food that he was already cooking...Saaleha could have it he guessed. The girl did have a nasty habit after all if not on the right diet to lose weight at an unhealthy pace.

"Yes, of course my lord. Whenever you need me." It was risky to take the job if the lord was truly a vampire but debts needed to be paid and Yasir was willing to do almost anything to get out of the grasp of the loan sharks.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey didn't like leaving the baker's work for nothing, but there was little the vampire could do about it. Just choking down that one bite had been enough of a challenge, and he doubted he'd be able to do it again. He'd just have to make sure that the man was well-compensated for his time and efforts, especially given that Lord Grey wanted to employ his services again some time. That was also part of why Lord Grey kept his thirst for blood in check. It wouldn't do to accidentally kill someone he wanted cooking for guests, and it would take quite a bit of covering up on the part of both Lord Grey and the Courts. It was just too much trouble.

"Between my duties with the Court, raising dogs and making sure my flower shop is still going well, I have precious little time, yes," what went unspoken was that it was an issue only compounded by Lord Grey being confined to the night unless the weather was particularly overcast as it was today. "But I do enjoy the free time I do have. I don't doubt that I would go quite insane without it." Resting his hands on the wooden table, Lord Grey watched the baker with an almost predatory look in his red eyes. Once he thought about blood, the idea of feeding tended to not leave him alone until he'd sated his thirst for blood. Again he had to remind himself that now was neither the time nor the place.

"I imagine your work would keep you rather busy too," Lord Grey continued talking to occupy his mind with something other than the thought of sinking his fangs into the baker's neck. "Running a bakery while also offering other goods... it must be hard work." Lord Grey knew that bakers often started work at some quite ridiculous hours of the morning, often encountering those of that profession while out for a walk. Most of them avoided the lord, mostly because people out and about at that hour tended to not have the most honourable of intentions, and Lord Grey knew that sometimes he himself was one of them. A man's got to eat, and a vampire's got to feed. "And to only have one furnace would be a challenge. How do you keep up?"
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

Lord Grey didn't like leaving the baker's work for nothing, but there was little the vampire could do about it. Just choking down that one bite had been enough of a challenge, and he doubted he'd be able to do it again. He'd just have to make sure that the man was well-compensated for his time and efforts, especially given that Lord Grey wanted to employ his services again some time. That was also part of why Lord Grey kept his thirst for blood in check. It wouldn't do to accidentally kill someone he wanted cooking for guests, and it would take quite a bit of covering up on the part of both Lord Grey and the Courts. It was just too much trouble.

"Between my duties with the Court, raising dogs and making sure my flower shop is still going well, I have precious little time, yes," what went unspoken was that it was an issue only compounded by Lord Grey being confined to the night unless the weather was particularly overcast as it was today. "But I do enjoy the free time I do have. I don't doubt that I would go quite insane without it." Resting his hands on the wooden table, Lord Grey watched the baker with an almost predatory look in his red eyes. Once he thought about blood, the idea of feeding tended to not leave him alone until he'd sated his thirst for blood. Again he had to remind himself that now was neither the time nor the place.

"I imagine your work would keep you rather busy too," Lord Grey continued talking to occupy his mind with something other than the thought of sinking his fangs into the baker's neck. "Running a bakery while also offering other goods... it must be hard work." Lord Grey knew that bakers often started work at some quite ridiculous hours of the morning, often encountering those of that profession while out for a walk. Most of them avoided the lord, mostly because people out and about at that hour tended to not have the most honourable of intentions, and Lord Grey knew that sometimes he himself was one of them. A man's got to eat, and a vampire's got to feed. "And to only have one furnace would be a challenge. How do you keep up?"

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic glared a little as she waggled her finger to his face and told him she was not meant to be touched. He was tempted to bight it, but tha wouldn't be a wise decision in this situation, and these people WERE feeding him. How could she not believe him, though? How many people strutted about the place, claiming to be demons? Especially in the city?! Was this girl a fool or in some form of denial?

Her next question clearly seemed to catch him off guard for a moment before he, again, tilted his head. "A pact..? Well... Hypothetically" he said, stressing the sarcasm. "There are a few options... If you aren't wanting anything major, like possibly manipulation of some element, then its like an agreement... both parties get something, shake hands, and walk away.. Very relaxed, very chill... From what I hear, that was a popular form of making deals in the olden days..." He said, seeming to think. "But... But if your looking for REAL magic.... The kind for spells and teleportation and all sorts of powerful things, then its much more... complicated..." He said, sitting back in the chair.
"Firstly, its an actual pact... Both sides are bound to each other... Like partners... Now, the terms of the relationship might be worked out and one side might have much more power over the other... Like how I expect people in your Courts must hold over what ever creatures give them magic... Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if their pacts are forced on the things... But back to the matter at hand, its like some form of ritual to make the deal... One side must consume part of the other, under some oath or a chant or something... Blood is popular, and easiest, but I hear fingers and ears are popular too... Maybe tails..." He frowned.

"I'm much younger than most demons, so I've never performed a pact myself... But there are plenty of rumors, and especially about how your Courts deal with them... Very scary and very much modivation to leave.." He frowned, looking at her.
@Theoiseaubird
@Quamosthy

Coalic glared a little as she waggled her finger to his face and told him she was not meant to be touched. He was tempted to bight it, but tha wouldn't be a wise decision in this situation, and these people WERE feeding him. How could she not believe him, though? How many people strutted about the place, claiming to be demons? Especially in the city?! Was this girl a fool or in some form of denial?

Her next question clearly seemed to catch him off guard for a moment before he, again, tilted his head. "A pact..? Well... Hypothetically" he said, stressing the sarcasm. "There are a few options... If you aren't wanting anything major, like possibly manipulation of some element, then its like an agreement... both parties get something, shake hands, and walk away.. Very relaxed, very chill... From what I hear, that was a popular form of making deals in the olden days..." He said, seeming to think. "But... But if your looking for REAL magic.... The kind for spells and teleportation and all sorts of powerful things, then its much more... complicated..." He said, sitting back in the chair.
"Firstly, its an actual pact... Both sides are bound to each other... Like partners... Now, the terms of the relationship might be worked out and one side might have much more power over the other... Like how I expect people in your Courts must hold over what ever creatures give them magic... Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if their pacts are forced on the things... But back to the matter at hand, its like some form of ritual to make the deal... One side must consume part of the other, under some oath or a chant or something... Blood is popular, and easiest, but I hear fingers and ears are popular too... Maybe tails..." He frowned.

"I'm much younger than most demons, so I've never performed a pact myself... But there are plenty of rumors, and especially about how your Courts deal with them... Very scary and very much modivation to leave.." He frowned, looking at her.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

She had a lot of thoughts on who would claim to be a demon, like drunks or those on drugs but mostly, and the most dangerous, were those set out by the court to sniff out those tempted enough to make a pact with demons. To sniff out those who would break the law before they could.

“Yes, yes hypothetically” Saaleha confirmed quickly when Coalic started, which wasn’t suspicious what so ever. She seemed to listen carefully, taking in the demons every word over the basics of attaching oneself to a demon for power.

“Gosh, blood isn’t really halal” She spoke after a moment as she rubbed the back of her neck, for a moment refusing to look at the demon before making sure eye contact was held on her part and boy her gaze was piercing. “What’s the downside, the cons, to making a pact with a demon, the big pact that is. Would one loose half their life? Would ones soul be given to the demon on death? Does one have to stay in a certain area to their demon?”

Oh yeah, this felt hypothetical alright and in no way like a woman about to make a pact with a demon.

“I had almost forgotten that you have a flower shop, it seems peaceful” Yasir then let out a small chuckle, sometimes he wondered if he could have ever gone down a different path, opened up a different kind of store but at the same time he loved cooking. He felt food was something everyone needed and even if he had a habit of giving food away for free to the poor or at least, half price, he knew over time he may be able to make a small difference in the city, or at least here near the slums.

“Ah, we open at 5am and close around 9pm” Good lord those hours, this man was on a path to kill himself surely by overworking himself. Though he did take an hour off in the middle of the day for praying and had enough help that he at least wasn’t about to this month.

Though the lack of sleep did reflect in the bags under his eyes.

“It’s tricky, but I do what I can each day. It also helps to have a rising engineer in the family to help out when the furnace or stove breaks” Which the stove liked to try and do every morning.
@foxflaim @Quamosthy

She had a lot of thoughts on who would claim to be a demon, like drunks or those on drugs but mostly, and the most dangerous, were those set out by the court to sniff out those tempted enough to make a pact with demons. To sniff out those who would break the law before they could.

“Yes, yes hypothetically” Saaleha confirmed quickly when Coalic started, which wasn’t suspicious what so ever. She seemed to listen carefully, taking in the demons every word over the basics of attaching oneself to a demon for power.

“Gosh, blood isn’t really halal” She spoke after a moment as she rubbed the back of her neck, for a moment refusing to look at the demon before making sure eye contact was held on her part and boy her gaze was piercing. “What’s the downside, the cons, to making a pact with a demon, the big pact that is. Would one loose half their life? Would ones soul be given to the demon on death? Does one have to stay in a certain area to their demon?”

Oh yeah, this felt hypothetical alright and in no way like a woman about to make a pact with a demon.

“I had almost forgotten that you have a flower shop, it seems peaceful” Yasir then let out a small chuckle, sometimes he wondered if he could have ever gone down a different path, opened up a different kind of store but at the same time he loved cooking. He felt food was something everyone needed and even if he had a habit of giving food away for free to the poor or at least, half price, he knew over time he may be able to make a small difference in the city, or at least here near the slums.

“Ah, we open at 5am and close around 9pm” Good lord those hours, this man was on a path to kill himself surely by overworking himself. Though he did take an hour off in the middle of the day for praying and had enough help that he at least wasn’t about to this month.

Though the lack of sleep did reflect in the bags under his eyes.

“It’s tricky, but I do what I can each day. It also helps to have a rising engineer in the family to help out when the furnace or stove breaks” Which the stove liked to try and do every morning.
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm really sorry, but I don't think I can keep going with this RP. I'm still sick (though not as bad as before), but I feel like I'm also running out of things to say. It was fun, but I'm kinda stuck for inspiration now. Again, I'm really sorry about this.))
@foxflaim @Theoiseaubird

((I'm really sorry, but I don't think I can keep going with this RP. I'm still sick (though not as bad as before), but I feel like I'm also running out of things to say. It was fun, but I'm kinda stuck for inspiration now. Again, I'm really sorry about this.))

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57