Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among humans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
@Theoiseaubird

He gave one last look at the guardsmen as the woman seemed to set off before following behind, swiftly on her tail. "Like wise... You can call me Coalic..." He said, glancing around, not seeming to pay attention. "Gods above... These structures seem to have no end..." the man mumbled to himself.
He took notice of her eyeing his outfit and looked down at himself. Was something wrong with his outfit? It was all he had, and seemed standard enough as it is, if not a bit dirty... Cacky pants with a white, cotton shirt... Did he stand out much? A wave of anxiety came over him as he began to think of all the points that could give him away. "Do I look alright..?" He asked, offhandedly, patting down a wrinkle in his shirt.
@Theoiseaubird

He gave one last look at the guardsmen as the woman seemed to set off before following behind, swiftly on her tail. "Like wise... You can call me Coalic..." He said, glancing around, not seeming to pay attention. "Gods above... These structures seem to have no end..." the man mumbled to himself.
He took notice of her eyeing his outfit and looked down at himself. Was something wrong with his outfit? It was all he had, and seemed standard enough as it is, if not a bit dirty... Cacky pants with a white, cotton shirt... Did he stand out much? A wave of anxiety came over him as he began to think of all the points that could give him away. "Do I look alright..?" He asked, offhandedly, patting down a wrinkle in his shirt.
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
@foxflaim

Saaleha nodded as she silently repeated the name to herself in an attempt to remember it. What an odd name at that, then again she felt she didn't have too much room to poke and prod at a name. Not like it was a bad name after all.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Saaleha looked over her shoulder and back at Coalic, a mischievous little glint in her eyes with a smile that was less then innocent but still trying to be so. She felt like she had caught him in some secret act and while he dressed pretty normal his need to suddenly leave, much less comment on the structure of the city was tipping her off, even if it was hard to hear him when he mumbled.

"And you look fine" She now gave two thumbs up as she turned on her heels, walking backwards at a slightly slower pace then before. "10/10, two thumbs up, though those are some mighty odd eyes. Can't place the color, hazel maybe?"
@foxflaim

Saaleha nodded as she silently repeated the name to herself in an attempt to remember it. What an odd name at that, then again she felt she didn't have too much room to poke and prod at a name. Not like it was a bad name after all.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Saaleha looked over her shoulder and back at Coalic, a mischievous little glint in her eyes with a smile that was less then innocent but still trying to be so. She felt like she had caught him in some secret act and while he dressed pretty normal his need to suddenly leave, much less comment on the structure of the city was tipping her off, even if it was hard to hear him when he mumbled.

"And you look fine" She now gave two thumbs up as she turned on her heels, walking backwards at a slightly slower pace then before. "10/10, two thumbs up, though those are some mighty odd eyes. Can't place the color, hazel maybe?"
@Theoiseaubird

Coelic seemed to freeze up as she mentioned him not being around here. "N-No... I'm not... I'm just a little lost, is all... I'm from the east... Erm... Past the swamp and mountains..." He said, hoping it didn't sound suspicious... In truth he was FROM the swamps, but what human lived in swamp lands? "Its quite a small community..."

He looked back down at himself as she commented on how he looked. "My eyes are yellow..." He said, flatly, seeming quite nervous. "Its erm.. a defect... Kinda like how albinos have red eyes.." He said, scratching his eyes. He looked over to a horse trotting by and pulling an over done carage with it. He rubbed his head, watching the thing seem to panic as it approached them. "Tsk..." He said, watching the animal.
@Theoiseaubird

Coelic seemed to freeze up as she mentioned him not being around here. "N-No... I'm not... I'm just a little lost, is all... I'm from the east... Erm... Past the swamp and mountains..." He said, hoping it didn't sound suspicious... In truth he was FROM the swamps, but what human lived in swamp lands? "Its quite a small community..."

He looked back down at himself as she commented on how he looked. "My eyes are yellow..." He said, flatly, seeming quite nervous. "Its erm.. a defect... Kinda like how albinos have red eyes.." He said, scratching his eyes. He looked over to a horse trotting by and pulling an over done carage with it. He rubbed his head, watching the thing seem to panic as it approached them. "Tsk..." He said, watching the animal.
@foxflaim

"Past the swamp?" Saaleha seemed curious as she had never left the safety of the city's walls before even if she did want to go on adventures. Ah, but adventures were dangerous and she highly doubted her family would allow it, much less that mother hen that was her sister. Ah what a shame, all the fun things in life seemed to be taboo or 'too dangerous'

Such a life just sounded so boring sometimes to the young woman, just another rabbit in the safe cage that was the city.

"Sounds exciting, did you need papers or anything to get into the city? Oh, do you adventure a lot?" She seemed to excited at the thought that the other might be some neato explorer...Or a criminal on the run. He was rather skittish and seemed to shy away from the city guard. Suuuuuuspiciiooouuuuus.

"Oh...Yellow. Is that a real thing? Like, I know albinism is totes a thing...But yellow eyes?" To her that sounded like some small time magic ********...But he was probably right, probably just some odd ailment since she had no reason to think magic was involved at all and she had never left the city, had little books to read and the radio was broken at home.

Not that it could pick up anything outside of the city, cheap busted thing.

"Maybe just tell people it's a vibrant hazel, yellow is kinda...weird. I mean it looks great, but odd. Draws in the eyes and you seem like someone who doesn't want to be stared at for too long" The girl said as she stared intensely into those eyes, or tried too. Hard to do with the others hair all up in the way...He could certainly do with a hair tie.

@foxflaim

"Past the swamp?" Saaleha seemed curious as she had never left the safety of the city's walls before even if she did want to go on adventures. Ah, but adventures were dangerous and she highly doubted her family would allow it, much less that mother hen that was her sister. Ah what a shame, all the fun things in life seemed to be taboo or 'too dangerous'

Such a life just sounded so boring sometimes to the young woman, just another rabbit in the safe cage that was the city.

"Sounds exciting, did you need papers or anything to get into the city? Oh, do you adventure a lot?" She seemed to excited at the thought that the other might be some neato explorer...Or a criminal on the run. He was rather skittish and seemed to shy away from the city guard. Suuuuuuspiciiooouuuuus.

"Oh...Yellow. Is that a real thing? Like, I know albinism is totes a thing...But yellow eyes?" To her that sounded like some small time magic ********...But he was probably right, probably just some odd ailment since she had no reason to think magic was involved at all and she had never left the city, had little books to read and the radio was broken at home.

Not that it could pick up anything outside of the city, cheap busted thing.

"Maybe just tell people it's a vibrant hazel, yellow is kinda...weird. I mean it looks great, but odd. Draws in the eyes and you seem like someone who doesn't want to be stared at for too long" The girl said as she stared intensely into those eyes, or tried too. Hard to do with the others hair all up in the way...He could certainly do with a hair tie.

@Theoiseaubird

Coalic took in a breath and listened to the girl talk. She certainly seemed to like asking questions.. "Alright... Lets settle on that my eyes are yellow... As for how I got in... Hmm... I don't know.... I supose a friend could have gotten me drunk and challenged me to sneak in..." He said, seeming to think about the prospect of it. How HAD he gotten in... memories of the days before were anything but clear, and he was afraid he might have been brought here by force.. "Or I guess I was simply too tired to pay attention." He said, rubbing his head. "Either way, I have no desire to stay here... Its not quite safe for me..." He sighed.
"And no... I don't like attention.... Anyway... How far did you say you worked..?" He asked, looking around, trying to shift the attention from him
@Theoiseaubird

Coalic took in a breath and listened to the girl talk. She certainly seemed to like asking questions.. "Alright... Lets settle on that my eyes are yellow... As for how I got in... Hmm... I don't know.... I supose a friend could have gotten me drunk and challenged me to sneak in..." He said, seeming to think about the prospect of it. How HAD he gotten in... memories of the days before were anything but clear, and he was afraid he might have been brought here by force.. "Or I guess I was simply too tired to pay attention." He said, rubbing his head. "Either way, I have no desire to stay here... Its not quite safe for me..." He sighed.
"And no... I don't like attention.... Anyway... How far did you say you worked..?" He asked, looking around, trying to shift the attention from him
@foxflaim

Saaleha was a talker, curiosity usually got the best of her and from time to time she even found it hard to keep that mouth shut when she found something interesting. In this case it was Coalic who was the most interesting person she had seen in some time, an outsider with hopefully stories of the outside.

"So like...I'll accept this because why not but one big question" There was a pause as Saaleha put her hands together in front of her before pointing them at Coalic, "Are you by chance someone who might get me in trouble with the law if caught with? should I like...Get you a robe, cloak or whatever?"

Well, she seemed to be on the mindset that he was somehow in trouble with the law, yet was still willing to travel with him to the bakery in order to obtain some knowledge. Even willing to hide him it seemed. Just how far would the girl go for the truth of the outside world.

"Also oh...I forgot we were going to the bakery..." Saaleha looked around before looking bashful, holding a goofy little grin as she pointed to a building they had already passed across the street. "It's over there...Not sure how I almost walked past it...Did walk past it, kept walking past it"

Saaleha shrugged and now looked around for any guards or tattle tails as she was about to J-walk to the bakery.
@foxflaim

Saaleha was a talker, curiosity usually got the best of her and from time to time she even found it hard to keep that mouth shut when she found something interesting. In this case it was Coalic who was the most interesting person she had seen in some time, an outsider with hopefully stories of the outside.

"So like...I'll accept this because why not but one big question" There was a pause as Saaleha put her hands together in front of her before pointing them at Coalic, "Are you by chance someone who might get me in trouble with the law if caught with? should I like...Get you a robe, cloak or whatever?"

Well, she seemed to be on the mindset that he was somehow in trouble with the law, yet was still willing to travel with him to the bakery in order to obtain some knowledge. Even willing to hide him it seemed. Just how far would the girl go for the truth of the outside world.

"Also oh...I forgot we were going to the bakery..." Saaleha looked around before looking bashful, holding a goofy little grin as she pointed to a building they had already passed across the street. "It's over there...Not sure how I almost walked past it...Did walk past it, kept walking past it"

Saaleha shrugged and now looked around for any guards or tattle tails as she was about to J-walk to the bakery.
@Theoiseaubird

"I wouldn't know... I could get in trouble, but I don't know about you. I will admit that.." He said, glancing around. "And wouldn't a cloak make me stand out more..?" He asked, retoricly. "Its not like I'm a wanted man, or anything.." He hummed, glancing back as she noticed they past their destination.

"Thats it..?" He asked, seeming both confused and perplexed. He should have expected it, as his senses were picking up on the smooth scent of yeast. He booked it to cross the road, keeping on the girls tail, to the point he nearly looked like a stalker. "So.... Bread is made here, yes.." He asked, looking up. "I never understood the process.."
@Theoiseaubird

"I wouldn't know... I could get in trouble, but I don't know about you. I will admit that.." He said, glancing around. "And wouldn't a cloak make me stand out more..?" He asked, retoricly. "Its not like I'm a wanted man, or anything.." He hummed, glancing back as she noticed they past their destination.

"Thats it..?" He asked, seeming both confused and perplexed. He should have expected it, as his senses were picking up on the smooth scent of yeast. He booked it to cross the road, keeping on the girls tail, to the point he nearly looked like a stalker. "So.... Bread is made here, yes.." He asked, looking up. "I never understood the process.."
@foxflaim "It usually works like, those associated with the criminal get into trouble, you know? Especially if they are helping said felon, forget what it's called though. Totally has a name, and it's slipped my mind" Saaleha crossed her arms, looking annoyed that she couldn't figure out the term even though it was on the tip of her tongue. "And what? Naw, cloaks are like..High fashion right now. Though most people where the hood part down or in a way where you can still easily see their faces." There was then a little chuckle as Saaleha crossed the road, skipping a little on particular stones in the road as she did most days when she had the energy and as they got closer more and more smells started to fill the air. Yeast, bread and other baked goods as the baker was just starting the day. The store currently still had a 'closed' sign up as it was just a little too early to open. "Hey, what's it called when someone is helping a criminal knowingly?" Was the first thing out of Saaleha's mouth when she opened the door, a small bell chiming above to signal to the baker that he had guests. "Oh, also sorry about being late. Picked up someone in desperate need of a meal, do we got anything prepared yet?" [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/1a6771322247b626d3aa91239c5b1149/tumblr_ontgksKfog1vqi20lo1_540.png[/img] The bakery inside had the most perplexed look, eyes darting back from Saaleha to her guest while taking out some fresh pasteries from the furnace. It was currently on the warmer side in the bakery since the furnaces were going, preparing fresh bread and other treats for the day. “Co-Conspirator or an accessory…?” The bakery spoke, voice meek and very unsure though at the same time not too surprised as this was Saaleha he was dealing with, someone he had grown up with and when the two were near one other it could be seen that they had some of the same features. There was a good chance they were related in some manner. [Hopefully the picture thing decides to work this time]
@foxflaim

"It usually works like, those associated with the criminal get into trouble, you know? Especially if they are helping said felon, forget what it's called though. Totally has a name, and it's slipped my mind" Saaleha crossed her arms, looking annoyed that she couldn't figure out the term even though it was on the tip of her tongue. "And what? Naw, cloaks are like..High fashion right now. Though most people where the hood part down or in a way where you can still easily see their faces."

There was then a little chuckle as Saaleha crossed the road, skipping a little on particular stones in the road as she did most days when she had the energy and as they got closer more and more smells started to fill the air. Yeast, bread and other baked goods as the baker was just starting the day. The store currently still had a 'closed' sign up as it was just a little too early to open.

"Hey, what's it called when someone is helping a criminal knowingly?" Was the first thing out of Saaleha's mouth when she opened the door, a small bell chiming above to signal to the baker that he had guests. "Oh, also sorry about being late. Picked up someone in desperate need of a meal, do we got anything prepared yet?"

tumblr_ontgksKfog1vqi20lo1_540.png

The bakery inside had the most perplexed look, eyes darting back from Saaleha to her guest while taking out some fresh pasteries from the furnace. It was currently on the warmer side in the bakery since the furnaces were going, preparing fresh bread and other treats for the day.

“Co-Conspirator or an accessory…?” The bakery spoke, voice meek and very unsure though at the same time not too surprised as this was Saaleha he was dealing with, someone he had grown up with and when the two were near one other it could be seen that they had some of the same features. There was a good chance they were related in some manner.

[Hopefully the picture thing decides to work this time]
@Theoiseaubird

(AAH, Everything you draw seems so impressive. I struggle with drawing humans (Or humanoids, for that matter) So much))

Coalic hardly seemed to take notice of the other person as he walked into the backery. His senses were almost asaulted by the scent of fresh bread and other treats as his stomach rumbled much louder. He felt some sense of primal istict urge him to just eat through everything, but he held himself, trying to keep his composure. If he lost himself here, then he would hardly get far before running into a guardsmen, or something of some threat.

"Well, I haven't DONE anything that would make me a criminal, have I..? I quite literally only woke up minutes before we met.." He said, finally looking over to the other man. He stared rather intensly, seeming to scan the man of details, and beginning to create quick conclusions. Were the two related.. They shared some features... Or maybe their close friends, as humans can rub off on eachother...

"Good morning... O is it after noon... Tsk, I can't tell where the sun is between clouds and the building... "Either way, pleased to meet you..."
@Theoiseaubird

(AAH, Everything you draw seems so impressive. I struggle with drawing humans (Or humanoids, for that matter) So much))

Coalic hardly seemed to take notice of the other person as he walked into the backery. His senses were almost asaulted by the scent of fresh bread and other treats as his stomach rumbled much louder. He felt some sense of primal istict urge him to just eat through everything, but he held himself, trying to keep his composure. If he lost himself here, then he would hardly get far before running into a guardsmen, or something of some threat.

"Well, I haven't DONE anything that would make me a criminal, have I..? I quite literally only woke up minutes before we met.." He said, finally looking over to the other man. He stared rather intensly, seeming to scan the man of details, and beginning to create quick conclusions. Were the two related.. They shared some features... Or maybe their close friends, as humans can rub off on eachother...

"Good morning... O is it after noon... Tsk, I can't tell where the sun is between clouds and the building... "Either way, pleased to meet you..."
@foxflaim
[Thank you so much, it’s taken a lot of practice and such to where i’m more comfortable drawing humaniods. Though I’m not very good at ferals, we all have our weaknesses and strengths and practice makes perfect, and refs. Refs are so useful]

Saaleha took a moment to silently stare at Coalic, feeling that he probably shouldn’t just speak so freely around others unless he had a way to kinda hide the intent. For herself she knew she got enough random thoughts that she could ask almost anything to her brother without it seeming too suspicious as she had kinda always been like this.

“Well, to be fair I just met you but the usual golden rule for knowing when you didn’t do a crime is, did you kill someone? Steal? Embezzle? If not, then you’re golden!” Two thumbs up again with a big smile as Saaleha wasn’t about throw someone under the bus for small things, like J-walking or even in some cases, sneaking onto private property because she heard the place might be haunted and wanted to see what that was about…

There were a lot of small things Saaleha has done in the past that wasn’t exactly ‘legal’, but she felt as long as she wasn’t harming anyone and learning the truths of this world, everything was just fine.

The baker placed down the hot tray of backed goods somewhere safe before resting his elbows on the front counter, hands clasped together and pressed against his lips. He looked tired with bags under his eyes along with a small fretting look in his eyes over the conversation the two were having and how the stranger seemed to be looking at him now. He could offer little more at the moment then an awkward nervous little smile.

The baker now looked behind him to a small clock hanging on the wall above an old dented stove, checking the time and knowing the day was running late since he hadn’t had much help since Saaleha was late.

“After noon I believe” He then spoke as he stood straight up and motioning for the man to sit at one of the three small tables in the bakery. It was a small place for sure and it seemed like the baker lived above his shop as there were stairs off to the side that lead up and above that were roped off. He then looked to his sister before speaking in a different language that Saaleha soon replied in.

They didn’t seem to be speaking in ill intent from their tone as Saaleha went to put on an apron and held a calm expression. Honestly they were lightly speaking about where Saaleha found this one, if he was homeless or something since that was the usual kind she brought in and then onto the usual business of the day as Saaleha started up the stove, needing to light a flame before doing so to get it working. It took a few strikes of a match to get going.

“Coalic, what do you want for breakfast...Brunch. We serve small meals here as well. My favorite is chakcouka or grape leaves aleppo” Saaleha now chimed in, switching back to English as all that was needed to be cleared up in some privacy was done and said.

The baker waited a second in silence for Saaleha to explain what was in those meals before speaking up himself. “Chakchouka is a dish of tomatoes, onions, peppers, spices and eggs and aleppo is made with white rice, ground lamb, grape leaves that are drained and rinsed, salt, pepper, spices and olives. Like a wrap”

The two now waited to see what the stranger would want, or if he’d wish to go for something simple. Like just eggs and toast or something though most of the food they served at the bakery was passed down from one family member to another and not common things one would find in the city.
@foxflaim
[Thank you so much, it’s taken a lot of practice and such to where i’m more comfortable drawing humaniods. Though I’m not very good at ferals, we all have our weaknesses and strengths and practice makes perfect, and refs. Refs are so useful]

Saaleha took a moment to silently stare at Coalic, feeling that he probably shouldn’t just speak so freely around others unless he had a way to kinda hide the intent. For herself she knew she got enough random thoughts that she could ask almost anything to her brother without it seeming too suspicious as she had kinda always been like this.

“Well, to be fair I just met you but the usual golden rule for knowing when you didn’t do a crime is, did you kill someone? Steal? Embezzle? If not, then you’re golden!” Two thumbs up again with a big smile as Saaleha wasn’t about throw someone under the bus for small things, like J-walking or even in some cases, sneaking onto private property because she heard the place might be haunted and wanted to see what that was about…

There were a lot of small things Saaleha has done in the past that wasn’t exactly ‘legal’, but she felt as long as she wasn’t harming anyone and learning the truths of this world, everything was just fine.

The baker placed down the hot tray of backed goods somewhere safe before resting his elbows on the front counter, hands clasped together and pressed against his lips. He looked tired with bags under his eyes along with a small fretting look in his eyes over the conversation the two were having and how the stranger seemed to be looking at him now. He could offer little more at the moment then an awkward nervous little smile.

The baker now looked behind him to a small clock hanging on the wall above an old dented stove, checking the time and knowing the day was running late since he hadn’t had much help since Saaleha was late.

“After noon I believe” He then spoke as he stood straight up and motioning for the man to sit at one of the three small tables in the bakery. It was a small place for sure and it seemed like the baker lived above his shop as there were stairs off to the side that lead up and above that were roped off. He then looked to his sister before speaking in a different language that Saaleha soon replied in.

They didn’t seem to be speaking in ill intent from their tone as Saaleha went to put on an apron and held a calm expression. Honestly they were lightly speaking about where Saaleha found this one, if he was homeless or something since that was the usual kind she brought in and then onto the usual business of the day as Saaleha started up the stove, needing to light a flame before doing so to get it working. It took a few strikes of a match to get going.

“Coalic, what do you want for breakfast...Brunch. We serve small meals here as well. My favorite is chakcouka or grape leaves aleppo” Saaleha now chimed in, switching back to English as all that was needed to be cleared up in some privacy was done and said.

The baker waited a second in silence for Saaleha to explain what was in those meals before speaking up himself. “Chakchouka is a dish of tomatoes, onions, peppers, spices and eggs and aleppo is made with white rice, ground lamb, grape leaves that are drained and rinsed, salt, pepper, spices and olives. Like a wrap”

The two now waited to see what the stranger would want, or if he’d wish to go for something simple. Like just eggs and toast or something though most of the food they served at the bakery was passed down from one family member to another and not common things one would find in the city.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57