Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wrong side of Heaven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Abalone was quiet, as if thinking about his answer. He continued to pick up papers, making them into stacks before piling them on the table. "Well, I suppose." He said. "As long as you don't make me angry." there was another pause. "Or I could take molted feathers and make them into cat toys. That's one way to keep them from attacking you." Abalone laughed to himself.

"Keep picking things up, will you, I'm going to start sorting them." He spoke as he picked up a paper off of the top of the big pile and started to read it, trying to figure what it was about. He paused, using some magic to summon a few boxes, and quite a few folders, to organize things before we went back to reading the paper. He paused. "Man, whoever wrote this has some pretty bad handwriting. I could use magic to fix it up, but maybe too much of the stuff is a bad thing. Can you read this?" he asked, holding the paper out to the angel. "Maybe I'll make an 'illegible' pile."
Abalone was quiet, as if thinking about his answer. He continued to pick up papers, making them into stacks before piling them on the table. "Well, I suppose." He said. "As long as you don't make me angry." there was another pause. "Or I could take molted feathers and make them into cat toys. That's one way to keep them from attacking you." Abalone laughed to himself.

"Keep picking things up, will you, I'm going to start sorting them." He spoke as he picked up a paper off of the top of the big pile and started to read it, trying to figure what it was about. He paused, using some magic to summon a few boxes, and quite a few folders, to organize things before we went back to reading the paper. He paused. "Man, whoever wrote this has some pretty bad handwriting. I could use magic to fix it up, but maybe too much of the stuff is a bad thing. Can you read this?" he asked, holding the paper out to the angel. "Maybe I'll make an 'illegible' pile."
Xandria paused for a moment before she sifted through the papers in her hands. "If I'm going to be truthful with you I can't read any of these.." She glanced at the paper that Abalon held put to her before shaking her head. "I can't read it. Though they say that intelligent people usually write terribly. I'm not suprised that we can't read his writing he did seem rather intelligent."

With a shrug she tossed down more of the papers onto the piles on the table. "How are you going to organize the papers if you can't read what they're about." With a quick glance at the floor she noticed that they had gotten most of the papers onto the table rather than the floor. "Its a start I suppose. We won't have to worry about him falling onto his face, at least in this room."
Xandria paused for a moment before she sifted through the papers in her hands. "If I'm going to be truthful with you I can't read any of these.." She glanced at the paper that Abalon held put to her before shaking her head. "I can't read it. Though they say that intelligent people usually write terribly. I'm not suprised that we can't read his writing he did seem rather intelligent."

With a shrug she tossed down more of the papers onto the piles on the table. "How are you going to organize the papers if you can't read what they're about." With a quick glance at the floor she noticed that they had gotten most of the papers onto the table rather than the floor. "Its a start I suppose. We won't have to worry about him falling onto his face, at least in this room."
Kyle took a mental breath gripped his dream with both hands, sighing in relief as everything froze around him. It was the most that he could do in a mentalscape, specifically his own. Anywhere else and he'd be as helpless as any other average human. It was something that h was trying to fix, but it was a long slow process that he frankly didn't have time for most of his life.

He felt himself slipping so he shoved as hard as he could and hoped that it would work. He stumbled, landing slightly in his house, the scorch marks on the floor telling him that it wasn't long after the incident with the egyptian mask he had found that breathed fire when worn. And really didn't like to be taken off.

He relaxed and safe in his home, let himself drift in his subconscious once more.
Kyle took a mental breath gripped his dream with both hands, sighing in relief as everything froze around him. It was the most that he could do in a mentalscape, specifically his own. Anywhere else and he'd be as helpless as any other average human. It was something that h was trying to fix, but it was a long slow process that he frankly didn't have time for most of his life.

He felt himself slipping so he shoved as hard as he could and hoped that it would work. He stumbled, landing slightly in his house, the scorch marks on the floor telling him that it wasn't long after the incident with the egyptian mask he had found that breathed fire when worn. And really didn't like to be taken off.

He relaxed and safe in his home, let himself drift in his subconscious once more.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalone paused. "Guess I'll have to use magic to make it actually legible. Goodness, can Kyle even read his own handwriting?" He said as he snapped his fingers. All the letters on the page seemed to melt into a nice, legible print. He looked at the paper in his hand. "What the h.ell is 'Quintin Phyzack'?" He asked, unsure what was going on. He paused. "Okay, maybe my translations weren't perfect. Why don't you try it, Angel." He said, popping the paper into Xandria's hands before going back to the stacks on the table.

"At least some of these are typed..." He grumbled out, reading the title before starting a pile for botanical things. "Plants? What does he need to know about plants..."
Abalone paused. "Guess I'll have to use magic to make it actually legible. Goodness, can Kyle even read his own handwriting?" He said as he snapped his fingers. All the letters on the page seemed to melt into a nice, legible print. He looked at the paper in his hand. "What the h.ell is 'Quintin Phyzack'?" He asked, unsure what was going on. He paused. "Okay, maybe my translations weren't perfect. Why don't you try it, Angel." He said, popping the paper into Xandria's hands before going back to the stacks on the table.

"At least some of these are typed..." He grumbled out, reading the title before starting a pile for botanical things. "Plants? What does he need to know about plants..."
"Quintin Phyzack?" She tilted her head before glancing down at the paper that had been placed in her hands. The letters shifted right in front of her eyes. There were so many possibilities as to what these letters could actually be. "Seems like it might be some sort of demon's name? I'm sure that Quintin Psyzack isn't actually the translation of it. It might be easier to wait until Kyle wakes up and ask him?" It was only then that Xandria realized that she had once again been called 'angel,' that made her grit her teeth together.

"If you would kindly call me by my name it would be greatly appreciated, unless you would prefer for me to call you demon. Or rather incubus?" Her threat could hardly be considered a threat at this point, she merely despised being called 'angel'. The humans had twisted the meaning of the word, turning it into a pet name. She certainly wasn't a pet.
"Quintin Phyzack?" She tilted her head before glancing down at the paper that had been placed in her hands. The letters shifted right in front of her eyes. There were so many possibilities as to what these letters could actually be. "Seems like it might be some sort of demon's name? I'm sure that Quintin Psyzack isn't actually the translation of it. It might be easier to wait until Kyle wakes up and ask him?" It was only then that Xandria realized that she had once again been called 'angel,' that made her grit her teeth together.

"If you would kindly call me by my name it would be greatly appreciated, unless you would prefer for me to call you demon. Or rather incubus?" Her threat could hardly be considered a threat at this point, she merely despised being called 'angel'. The humans had twisted the meaning of the word, turning it into a pet name. She certainly wasn't a pet.
Kyle slowly blinked as he woke up, and sighed, rolling out of bed. He wobbled as he stood up and started to dig through his closet for something else to wear. He settled on a soft t-shirt, some soft sweatpants and a hoodie. If he ended up having to do more than read during his research today, he would change but for now comfortable clothes would work for him.

He idly snagged one of the books from his shelves, Lord of the Rings if he was correct, and wandered down towards the kitchen. He paused halfway there to stare at the two people rummaging around his dining room, trying to remember where they came from. He made a small noise when it came to him.

"Well that's the last time I stay up that long," he muttered to himself, well aware that it really wasn't. He debated asking what they were doing going through his notes and papers, that were admittedly scattered throughout the house. He bent down to pick up one of the papers that they had missed near the doorway, and continued towards the kitchen again. He needed some water before he decided on what to do for the day.
Kyle slowly blinked as he woke up, and sighed, rolling out of bed. He wobbled as he stood up and started to dig through his closet for something else to wear. He settled on a soft t-shirt, some soft sweatpants and a hoodie. If he ended up having to do more than read during his research today, he would change but for now comfortable clothes would work for him.

He idly snagged one of the books from his shelves, Lord of the Rings if he was correct, and wandered down towards the kitchen. He paused halfway there to stare at the two people rummaging around his dining room, trying to remember where they came from. He made a small noise when it came to him.

"Well that's the last time I stay up that long," he muttered to himself, well aware that it really wasn't. He debated asking what they were doing going through his notes and papers, that were admittedly scattered throughout the house. He bent down to pick up one of the papers that they had missed near the doorway, and continued towards the kitchen again. He needed some water before he decided on what to do for the day.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
((I love how kyle is just..... "yep this is happening now"))

"Okay, listen up, Xandria. Quintin Phyzack, is not any demon I know. Maybe Kyle knows- they are his papers after all." Abalone spoke as he tossed the paper into a "Questionable" Pile. He sighed. "Speaking of Kyle, it's only been a few hours since I put him to bed. I wonder if he's okay. Should I go and check on him? Make sure he doesn't die in his sleep or something." It seemed as though Abalon was painfully unaware that Kyle was awake.

After a few more moments of sifting though papers, Abalon huffed. "I can't just sit here, Xandria. I'm gonna go check on him," He spoke as he fixed the stack of papers he was working on, set the stack on the table, and turned on his heel before pausing. "And do get any ideas, lady, I'm not going up there to do any incubus business." He hissed out before moving swiftly to Kyle's room to check and see if he was still alive.

Inside, though, Abalon nearly freaked out. He stared at an empty bed. "Oh. My. Satan." He said in disbelief. "He's gone. Ohhh this cannot end well, XANDRIA!" He called to the angel downstairs. "We have a situation!"
((I love how kyle is just..... "yep this is happening now"))

"Okay, listen up, Xandria. Quintin Phyzack, is not any demon I know. Maybe Kyle knows- they are his papers after all." Abalone spoke as he tossed the paper into a "Questionable" Pile. He sighed. "Speaking of Kyle, it's only been a few hours since I put him to bed. I wonder if he's okay. Should I go and check on him? Make sure he doesn't die in his sleep or something." It seemed as though Abalon was painfully unaware that Kyle was awake.

After a few more moments of sifting though papers, Abalon huffed. "I can't just sit here, Xandria. I'm gonna go check on him," He spoke as he fixed the stack of papers he was working on, set the stack on the table, and turned on his heel before pausing. "And do get any ideas, lady, I'm not going up there to do any incubus business." He hissed out before moving swiftly to Kyle's room to check and see if he was still alive.

Inside, though, Abalon nearly freaked out. He stared at an empty bed. "Oh. My. Satan." He said in disbelief. "He's gone. Ohhh this cannot end well, XANDRIA!" He called to the angel downstairs. "We have a situation!"
Abalon may have been too dull to notice the small quiet noise that Kyle had made but Xandria hadn't. The training that she had been forced through assumed that she was always ready for a fight and being aware of your surroundings was part of that. Not to mention the fact that Kyle had practically stepped into the room when he picked up the paper.

"It seems as though you've developed a bit of a crush Abalon.." Though she waited until the demon had left the room a small knowing smile crossed her face as she spoke. Abalon had surely hit the nail on the head when he mentioned incubus business, that's exactly what she thought. Now that the demon had spoke of it she knew it was the truth. Besides what kind of demon simply went and checked up on a human. Though a better question would be what kind of human is able to bind both a demon and an angel to him.

She didn't even move from the spot where she stood but yelled up, "He's gone, eh? We must have freaked him out. Maybe he actually did die in his sleep but his body vanished!" A quiet laugh followed her sentence. "Maybe you should try and find him Abalon. He can't have gotten far!"
Abalon may have been too dull to notice the small quiet noise that Kyle had made but Xandria hadn't. The training that she had been forced through assumed that she was always ready for a fight and being aware of your surroundings was part of that. Not to mention the fact that Kyle had practically stepped into the room when he picked up the paper.

"It seems as though you've developed a bit of a crush Abalon.." Though she waited until the demon had left the room a small knowing smile crossed her face as she spoke. Abalon had surely hit the nail on the head when he mentioned incubus business, that's exactly what she thought. Now that the demon had spoke of it she knew it was the truth. Besides what kind of demon simply went and checked up on a human. Though a better question would be what kind of human is able to bind both a demon and an angel to him.

She didn't even move from the spot where she stood but yelled up, "He's gone, eh? We must have freaked him out. Maybe he actually did die in his sleep but his body vanished!" A quiet laugh followed her sentence. "Maybe you should try and find him Abalon. He can't have gotten far!"
Kyle blinked from where he was putting the cup he had gotten for his water down. He picked his book and paper back up and headed back to the dining room.

"Who's gone missing?" he asked Xandria amusedly. He had a fairly good idea of what was going on, and couldn't quite keep it out of his voice. "And what's with this?" he asked, gesturing at the piles of paper. He put the paper that he had grabbed on one of the piles, pulled up a chair, not having to look out for his notes for once. He found his place in his book, but didn't open it in respect to the answers that he expected from the angel.
Kyle blinked from where he was putting the cup he had gotten for his water down. He picked his book and paper back up and headed back to the dining room.

"Who's gone missing?" he asked Xandria amusedly. He had a fairly good idea of what was going on, and couldn't quite keep it out of his voice. "And what's with this?" he asked, gesturing at the piles of paper. He put the paper that he had grabbed on one of the piles, pulled up a chair, not having to look out for his notes for once. He found his place in his book, but didn't open it in respect to the answers that he expected from the angel.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon nearly fell down the staircase in a flurry of limbs, a tail, two horns, and silky, long hair. He stumbled at the bottom before rushing back into the room that held Xandria, Kyle, and the stacks of paper. "I do not have a crush on Kyle!" He near shouted at the angel, pointing at her. "Don't you dare think something like that, or maybe I'll let the cat have it's way with you!"

There was a pause, before Abalon noticed Kyle was in the room. He tensed before shifting his focus to the human. "And you!" He said, voice drifting with the venom of worry. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! Goodness, what if you ran away and left us here? I don't want to test what happens when we get to close to the boundary- I like living, thanks." He took a deep breath. "And don't touch those piles for now. The last thing we need is you slipping and breaking your neck when I haven't had a chance to collect your soul." Breath. "Are you aware of how messy your house is? We're cleaning this up. Immediately! Effective right this second? Do you hear me?" He asked, sauntering up to the human and roughly poking him in the chest.

Obviously, Abalon was not in the best moon currently. Perhaps that came from the massive scare he just had. After a pause, Abalon moved to Xandria to whisper in her ear. "Speak of me freaking out to him, and that truce is off." He threatened.
Abalon nearly fell down the staircase in a flurry of limbs, a tail, two horns, and silky, long hair. He stumbled at the bottom before rushing back into the room that held Xandria, Kyle, and the stacks of paper. "I do not have a crush on Kyle!" He near shouted at the angel, pointing at her. "Don't you dare think something like that, or maybe I'll let the cat have it's way with you!"

There was a pause, before Abalon noticed Kyle was in the room. He tensed before shifting his focus to the human. "And you!" He said, voice drifting with the venom of worry. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! Goodness, what if you ran away and left us here? I don't want to test what happens when we get to close to the boundary- I like living, thanks." He took a deep breath. "And don't touch those piles for now. The last thing we need is you slipping and breaking your neck when I haven't had a chance to collect your soul." Breath. "Are you aware of how messy your house is? We're cleaning this up. Immediately! Effective right this second? Do you hear me?" He asked, sauntering up to the human and roughly poking him in the chest.

Obviously, Abalon was not in the best moon currently. Perhaps that came from the massive scare he just had. After a pause, Abalon moved to Xandria to whisper in her ear. "Speak of me freaking out to him, and that truce is off." He threatened.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8