Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wrong side of Heaven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
"Technically," Kyle said, taking Abalon's hand, "A human can survive for up to eleven days without sleep at the minimum. Thirty two? Was what was found as the maximum for a rat that they put through experimentation, I think the record for a human if 14? I could theoretically keep going for another week without sleep and survive."

He blinked at Abalon, then glanced at Xandria, "I feel like this is important to ask. Is it possible for me to sell my soul on accident? I would rather like to avoid that." He wobbled slightly and added, "Sleep, yeah sleep at this point would be a good idea. Alright, feel free to have run of the house, just don't mangle it too bad I guess? Uhhh, yeah I think that's it."

He blinked again, "Which way was- oh that's right, just upstairs."
"Technically," Kyle said, taking Abalon's hand, "A human can survive for up to eleven days without sleep at the minimum. Thirty two? Was what was found as the maximum for a rat that they put through experimentation, I think the record for a human if 14? I could theoretically keep going for another week without sleep and survive."

He blinked at Abalon, then glanced at Xandria, "I feel like this is important to ask. Is it possible for me to sell my soul on accident? I would rather like to avoid that." He wobbled slightly and added, "Sleep, yeah sleep at this point would be a good idea. Alright, feel free to have run of the house, just don't mangle it too bad I guess? Uhhh, yeah I think that's it."

He blinked again, "Which way was- oh that's right, just upstairs."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon quickly grabbed Kyle by the upper arms to steady him. "Careful now, don't want to fall over, now do we?" He almost smiled- almost. That's an improvement! He sighed, taking the human to the staircase. "C'mon now, Kyle, let's get you in bed. Also no, you can't. Unless your intoxicated or high on something, but never mind that, you're not going to be intoxicated or high where you're going. Which is bed. You're going to bed."

Abalon sighed, and made way to take the human to his bed while trying to make idle talk. "So, what do your jammies look like? It'd be easier for me to find them if you told me what they looked like..."
Abalon quickly grabbed Kyle by the upper arms to steady him. "Careful now, don't want to fall over, now do we?" He almost smiled- almost. That's an improvement! He sighed, taking the human to the staircase. "C'mon now, Kyle, let's get you in bed. Also no, you can't. Unless your intoxicated or high on something, but never mind that, you're not going to be intoxicated or high where you're going. Which is bed. You're going to bed."

Abalon sighed, and made way to take the human to his bed while trying to make idle talk. "So, what do your jammies look like? It'd be easier for me to find them if you told me what they looked like..."
Xandria gave a quiet sigh as she watched Abalon practically carry the other up the stairs. At least the demon is around to help him.. That thought almost made her chuckle. She couldn't remember when she had become like this, it was unnatural for angels to act this way. Of course she couldn't forget that it was this world that had turned her into this hardened monster.

At least she might be able to help Kyle with whatever it was he was trying to do when he summoned the demon here, which had by-default summoned her here as well. She wasn't sure how much use she would be, but one never knew.

With a shrug she turned and walked towards the door heading back outside. There was no reason for her to be stuck inside if the human was asleep. Staying in the company of Abalon would probably lead to something inside the house being destroyed. The house would surely be mangled-- something that Kyle had already asked them not to do.
Xandria gave a quiet sigh as she watched Abalon practically carry the other up the stairs. At least the demon is around to help him.. That thought almost made her chuckle. She couldn't remember when she had become like this, it was unnatural for angels to act this way. Of course she couldn't forget that it was this world that had turned her into this hardened monster.

At least she might be able to help Kyle with whatever it was he was trying to do when he summoned the demon here, which had by-default summoned her here as well. She wasn't sure how much use she would be, but one never knew.

With a shrug she turned and walked towards the door heading back outside. There was no reason for her to be stuck inside if the human was asleep. Staying in the company of Abalon would probably lead to something inside the house being destroyed. The house would surely be mangled-- something that Kyle had already asked them not to do.
"Grey and white striped, cheap cotton," Kyle murmured to the demon, half asleep now that he was letting himself go. "Not much I can get on a research grant." Not that he spent a lot on himself when most esoteric text were expensive and hard to find. Not to mention the occasional bail he had to pay when the police mixed his research up with satanic rituals. Which to be fair weren't all that different some days.

He leaned into Abalon's hold as they reached his bedroom. "You're warm," he said in amazement, before trying to shake his head. "Bedroom is the first door down this hall. I can manage from there." Normally, he would have just fallen asleep where ever he had been when he finally decided to crash, but he did use his bedroom half the time. It was just....covered in casual reading books unlike half the house.
"Grey and white striped, cheap cotton," Kyle murmured to the demon, half asleep now that he was letting himself go. "Not much I can get on a research grant." Not that he spent a lot on himself when most esoteric text were expensive and hard to find. Not to mention the occasional bail he had to pay when the police mixed his research up with satanic rituals. Which to be fair weren't all that different some days.

He leaned into Abalon's hold as they reached his bedroom. "You're warm," he said in amazement, before trying to shake his head. "Bedroom is the first door down this hall. I can manage from there." Normally, he would have just fallen asleep where ever he had been when he finally decided to crash, but he did use his bedroom half the time. It was just....covered in casual reading books unlike half the house.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
"Warm, huh?" Abalon said, a light, mischievous purr in his voice. "You look dead tired, Kyle, why don't I just carry you?" Without giving Kyle a choice, Abalon picked up the human bridal style before carrying said human to his room. He awkwardly opened the door before stepping inside and glancing around.

"You're really light, Kyle. Do you eat like, once a day or something? Even if I'm bonded to you, you still need to eat. Again, I can't take you to hell with me if you die before you can make a deal." Abalon chuckled, his grip on the human tightening a bit. Seems his chuckle was more of a nervous laugh. The demon's tail swished slowly and lowly, and he sighed softly.
"Warm, huh?" Abalon said, a light, mischievous purr in his voice. "You look dead tired, Kyle, why don't I just carry you?" Without giving Kyle a choice, Abalon picked up the human bridal style before carrying said human to his room. He awkwardly opened the door before stepping inside and glancing around.

"You're really light, Kyle. Do you eat like, once a day or something? Even if I'm bonded to you, you still need to eat. Again, I can't take you to hell with me if you die before you can make a deal." Abalon chuckled, his grip on the human tightening a bit. Seems his chuckle was more of a nervous laugh. The demon's tail swished slowly and lowly, and he sighed softly.
Sorry, I have been rather busy with work as well as other things.

Xandria crossed her arms and leaned against the house. She knew that she should be able to go further away from the house but she figured that she would wait around and see if she couldn't get Abalon talking. The two of them would need to lay down some sort of rules if they were going to be spending any sort of time together. Especially if the both of them were going to be crammed inside that house.

With a quiet sigh she looked up at the sky, cursing the heavens for the situation that she was currently stuck in. Being bound to a human for the second time would be bad enough, but add a demon.. Her wings tensed against her back at the thought of that, add a demon to that, and it simply becomes too much to handle. Though there was a niggling feeling at the back of her mind that she should at least try and make a pleasant situation out of this, who knew how long it would last for them all.
Sorry, I have been rather busy with work as well as other things.

Xandria crossed her arms and leaned against the house. She knew that she should be able to go further away from the house but she figured that she would wait around and see if she couldn't get Abalon talking. The two of them would need to lay down some sort of rules if they were going to be spending any sort of time together. Especially if the both of them were going to be crammed inside that house.

With a quiet sigh she looked up at the sky, cursing the heavens for the situation that she was currently stuck in. Being bound to a human for the second time would be bad enough, but add a demon.. Her wings tensed against her back at the thought of that, add a demon to that, and it simply becomes too much to handle. Though there was a niggling feeling at the back of her mind that she should at least try and make a pleasant situation out of this, who knew how long it would last for them all.
Kyle yelped slightly as he was picked up, but felt his muscles relax at the warmth that came off of Abalon. The scientist knew that the demon probably wanted some sort of reply, but he was drifting off already. What escaped his mouth was a soft incomprehensible murmur.

His bedroom wasn't as messy as his lab, with several books scattered on his bed and a stack of notes spread out on his vanity. There were several pictures displayed on the wall, the most prominent being a picture of a his sister dragging him into the frame, a book hanging on just the tips of his fingers. He had an exasperated smile while she had a full blown grin.

Other than that, the room was fairly empty, with a closet that was slightly ajar, and a bookshelf pushed to the wall next to, full of fantasy books.
Kyle yelped slightly as he was picked up, but felt his muscles relax at the warmth that came off of Abalon. The scientist knew that the demon probably wanted some sort of reply, but he was drifting off already. What escaped his mouth was a soft incomprehensible murmur.

His bedroom wasn't as messy as his lab, with several books scattered on his bed and a stack of notes spread out on his vanity. There were several pictures displayed on the wall, the most prominent being a picture of a his sister dragging him into the frame, a book hanging on just the tips of his fingers. He had an exasperated smile while she had a full blown grin.

Other than that, the room was fairly empty, with a closet that was slightly ajar, and a bookshelf pushed to the wall next to, full of fantasy books.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon smiled softly at the sleepy human in his arms. Abalon snapped his fingers, making all the books on Kyle's bed float off and land gently on the floor. He then set Kyle down in his bed,. He then started looking around for Kyle's pajamas, sifting through the closet until he found them. He turned back to Kyle, heaving a sigh. "Unless you want me to change you like a human toddler, you'll have to dress yourself." Abalon quickly spoke once more. "And goodness, Kyle, if you do change, wait until I'm out of the room. I'm an incubus, remember that. I see naked people all the time, and seeing another one might trigger something you don't want."

Abalon sighed, looking around the room. He clapped his hands twice and watched as the books and papers arranged themselves in neat piles. "Goodness, Kyle. I might as well as clean this entire place up. How do you live in here? It's a wonder you can even find anything! Anyway, I'll take my leave." And with that, Abalon left Kyle's room and went downstairs. He tried to step on spots where he could see the carpet- at least he thought it was carpet- beneath the layers of papers and other things, all until he could get to the front door.

Abalon opened the front door, stepping outside and taking a deep breath, putting his hands on his knees, hunching over a bit to catch a breath he didn't even realized he lost. "I need to clean up in there."
Abalon smiled softly at the sleepy human in his arms. Abalon snapped his fingers, making all the books on Kyle's bed float off and land gently on the floor. He then set Kyle down in his bed,. He then started looking around for Kyle's pajamas, sifting through the closet until he found them. He turned back to Kyle, heaving a sigh. "Unless you want me to change you like a human toddler, you'll have to dress yourself." Abalon quickly spoke once more. "And goodness, Kyle, if you do change, wait until I'm out of the room. I'm an incubus, remember that. I see naked people all the time, and seeing another one might trigger something you don't want."

Abalon sighed, looking around the room. He clapped his hands twice and watched as the books and papers arranged themselves in neat piles. "Goodness, Kyle. I might as well as clean this entire place up. How do you live in here? It's a wonder you can even find anything! Anyway, I'll take my leave." And with that, Abalon left Kyle's room and went downstairs. He tried to step on spots where he could see the carpet- at least he thought it was carpet- beneath the layers of papers and other things, all until he could get to the front door.

Abalon opened the front door, stepping outside and taking a deep breath, putting his hands on his knees, hunching over a bit to catch a breath he didn't even realized he lost. "I need to clean up in there."
"Yes, I hate to say it but he is rather dirty. They say that intelligent people always are though, so that's a plus. That means that he might be able to break this binding father than the average human. " She didn't even know if Abalon had seen her while she leaned against the house, or if he was able to hear her.. "Of course, one might have to question if Kyle will even want to break this. He seemed practically giddy at the binding, at least with you. Maybe he'll try and dissect you to see what makes you tick."

The thought of Kyle trying to note break the binding had not crossed her mind until she spoke it out loud. There was no telling where that idea came from, but now that it was out in the air she figured Abalon might have something to say about it. There was no telling though.

"The two of us need to figure out something. We need to at least think of a way to get along." Her wings tensed against her back at the thought of that. "I'm sure you only think of me as an angel, something that I'm sure you don't like.." She gave a sigh, "we don't need to like each other, we simply need to get along."
"Yes, I hate to say it but he is rather dirty. They say that intelligent people always are though, so that's a plus. That means that he might be able to break this binding father than the average human. " She didn't even know if Abalon had seen her while she leaned against the house, or if he was able to hear her.. "Of course, one might have to question if Kyle will even want to break this. He seemed practically giddy at the binding, at least with you. Maybe he'll try and dissect you to see what makes you tick."

The thought of Kyle trying to note break the binding had not crossed her mind until she spoke it out loud. There was no telling where that idea came from, but now that it was out in the air she figured Abalon might have something to say about it. There was no telling though.

"The two of us need to figure out something. We need to at least think of a way to get along." Her wings tensed against her back at the thought of that. "I'm sure you only think of me as an angel, something that I'm sure you don't like.." She gave a sigh, "we don't need to like each other, we simply need to get along."
((Whomp, sorry prep for BotB3 has been hectic the last couple of days XP))

Kyle blinked slowly at the pajamas, but instead of putting them on (he was fairly certain he only wore them a fraction of the time anyways) he ended up gripping them tightly as he burrowed under blankets as much as he could. It reminded him of his sister and how she used to curl up around him as they fell asleep.

He frowns briefly at the reminder of the new distance between him and his older sibling, but he pushed it of, and let himself slip into the oblivion of sleep.
((Whomp, sorry prep for BotB3 has been hectic the last couple of days XP))

Kyle blinked slowly at the pajamas, but instead of putting them on (he was fairly certain he only wore them a fraction of the time anyways) he ended up gripping them tightly as he burrowed under blankets as much as he could. It reminded him of his sister and how she used to curl up around him as they fell asleep.

He frowns briefly at the reminder of the new distance between him and his older sibling, but he pushed it of, and let himself slip into the oblivion of sleep.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8