Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wrong side of Heaven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Polyhymnia @beesuitb

Kyle stretched his arms out, feeling his sore muscles loosen just slightly, before hunching back over the book he was reading. He trailed his fingers over the archaic words, mumbling some of them under his breath.

He knew that most of his colleagues would laugh at the idea of studying the supernatural, but Kayle was determined. There were so many facinating things that he could learn from these creatures, and so much more that they could do with that knowledge!

He just had to figure out this script first. Scrubbing at his hair, he figured reading a couple passages out loud might help. His tenor voice rolled out in the study as he tried to read the words, stumbling over them, but for the most part sounding out what he thought they said.
@Polyhymnia @beesuitb

Kyle stretched his arms out, feeling his sore muscles loosen just slightly, before hunching back over the book he was reading. He trailed his fingers over the archaic words, mumbling some of them under his breath.

He knew that most of his colleagues would laugh at the idea of studying the supernatural, but Kayle was determined. There were so many facinating things that he could learn from these creatures, and so much more that they could do with that knowledge!

He just had to figure out this script first. Scrubbing at his hair, he figured reading a couple passages out loud might help. His tenor voice rolled out in the study as he tried to read the words, stumbling over them, but for the most part sounding out what he thought they said.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@SocialBookWorm @Polyhymnia

Abalon was only in the middle of a party in the underworld. He groaned, told whoever was talking to him- he really wasn't paying attention- to hold on. He turned on his heel rather roughly and took a few steps before snapping his fingers.

Within seconds, milliseconds, Abalon was sitting in a small, floating stool, and had appeared in a gust of fire. He looked around the room, sipping out of a glass of what looked to be wine (i really wasn't. It's just sparkling grape juice, Abalone thought real wine tasted disgusting, and didn't understand how humans could drink it.) He looked around the room, gaze sweeping like a search light, until he locked his eyes on the man who summoned him.

Abalon raised an eyebrow. "Are you the one who summoned me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. His tail lashed, and he looked irritated. "Goodness, you humans and your bad timing. What is it that you want? Money? Power? Women? Just tell me what you want, and I'll take your soul for it, blah, blah, you probably already know the drill if you summoned me."
@SocialBookWorm @Polyhymnia

Abalon was only in the middle of a party in the underworld. He groaned, told whoever was talking to him- he really wasn't paying attention- to hold on. He turned on his heel rather roughly and took a few steps before snapping his fingers.

Within seconds, milliseconds, Abalon was sitting in a small, floating stool, and had appeared in a gust of fire. He looked around the room, sipping out of a glass of what looked to be wine (i really wasn't. It's just sparkling grape juice, Abalone thought real wine tasted disgusting, and didn't understand how humans could drink it.) He looked around the room, gaze sweeping like a search light, until he locked his eyes on the man who summoned him.

Abalon raised an eyebrow. "Are you the one who summoned me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. His tail lashed, and he looked irritated. "Goodness, you humans and your bad timing. What is it that you want? Money? Power? Women? Just tell me what you want, and I'll take your soul for it, blah, blah, you probably already know the drill if you summoned me."
@SocialBookWorm @beesuitb (I've subscribed to the thread. Makes it easier when you don't have to ping, lol)

"What in the heaven's was that.." Xandria's voice was quiet as she spoke outloud, mainly to herself. Pushing herself away from the counter in front of her much to the complaint of the male she had been sitting next to.

Many would probably find it odd that an angel such as herself was spending time surrounding herself with humans. Let alone, spending her time in a bar. Of course they would find it odd if they werre able to tell what she was. With her wings hidden underneath her skin she simply appeared to be human, though her glamour wasn't something that she could shut off.

Her glamour was usually a burden, but truth be told she was bored after spending so many years in this world and playing with the hearts of men was how she had been spending her time recently. They bought her drinks in hopes of taking her home, not that any of them ever succeeded. It wasn't like she could get drunk anyways.

Pulling the hood of her cloak over her silver hair once more she simply turned, leaving her guest at the bar as she walked out into the street towards the new presence. There was something here and it certainly didn't belong in this world.

For some reason her blood was rushing. She couldn't place what was causing it though as she walked towards the house that she felt the disturbance coming from. Not wanting to burst in she simply lifted her hand and knocked a few times. Maybe her feelings were wrong, there might not be anything out of the ordinary here. It was better to not cause a scene if she didn't need to.
@SocialBookWorm @beesuitb (I've subscribed to the thread. Makes it easier when you don't have to ping, lol)

"What in the heaven's was that.." Xandria's voice was quiet as she spoke outloud, mainly to herself. Pushing herself away from the counter in front of her much to the complaint of the male she had been sitting next to.

Many would probably find it odd that an angel such as herself was spending time surrounding herself with humans. Let alone, spending her time in a bar. Of course they would find it odd if they werre able to tell what she was. With her wings hidden underneath her skin she simply appeared to be human, though her glamour wasn't something that she could shut off.

Her glamour was usually a burden, but truth be told she was bored after spending so many years in this world and playing with the hearts of men was how she had been spending her time recently. They bought her drinks in hopes of taking her home, not that any of them ever succeeded. It wasn't like she could get drunk anyways.

Pulling the hood of her cloak over her silver hair once more she simply turned, leaving her guest at the bar as she walked out into the street towards the new presence. There was something here and it certainly didn't belong in this world.

For some reason her blood was rushing. She couldn't place what was causing it though as she walked towards the house that she felt the disturbance coming from. Not wanting to burst in she simply lifted her hand and knocked a few times. Maybe her feelings were wrong, there might not be anything out of the ordinary here. It was better to not cause a scene if she didn't need to.
@beesuitb ((I will follow the leader and subscribe to the thread :D))

Kyle blinked several times at the man floating in his lab, a slightly dazed expression on his face. His eyes widened, and he glanced down at the book still in his hands. "A summoning! Yes that makes sense! This means that this language is simply a dialect of the celestial writing I found last year!" He snapped the book close, and stood up, trying not to slip on the papers that covered the floor. "Every religion leans towards a dichotomy! Heaven, Hell. Good, Evil. So of course there's some sort of truth behind it!"

The scientist paced the room muttering to himself. "It doesn't explain the polytheistic religions though. Or the sudden shift in tone that supernatural lore went through. An increase in knowledge perhaps? Historical writings are terribly biased."

He blinked again, stopping his ramblings as he finally registered what the demon had said. "Oh. Oh! Wait no I don't want to sell my soul. I mean, you could probably give me all the knowledge that I want, but there's no point in that if I don't work for it." He waved a hand, scattered several papers from his desk on accident, but completely ignored it. "You're- free to go or whatever. Wait was that my door?"

He spun on his heels, skipped lightly over more of the notes on the floor, including pentagram he had drawn when he had gotten bored a couple days ago. He slammed the door to the lab open and headed down the hall to yank the front door open, blinking at the cloaked figure there. "Do...I know you? Wait!" He spun around once more, and paused feeling slightly dizzy. When was the last time he ate? Ah, unimportant. "I should have asked him for some samples before telling him to go!"
@beesuitb ((I will follow the leader and subscribe to the thread :D))

Kyle blinked several times at the man floating in his lab, a slightly dazed expression on his face. His eyes widened, and he glanced down at the book still in his hands. "A summoning! Yes that makes sense! This means that this language is simply a dialect of the celestial writing I found last year!" He snapped the book close, and stood up, trying not to slip on the papers that covered the floor. "Every religion leans towards a dichotomy! Heaven, Hell. Good, Evil. So of course there's some sort of truth behind it!"

The scientist paced the room muttering to himself. "It doesn't explain the polytheistic religions though. Or the sudden shift in tone that supernatural lore went through. An increase in knowledge perhaps? Historical writings are terribly biased."

He blinked again, stopping his ramblings as he finally registered what the demon had said. "Oh. Oh! Wait no I don't want to sell my soul. I mean, you could probably give me all the knowledge that I want, but there's no point in that if I don't work for it." He waved a hand, scattered several papers from his desk on accident, but completely ignored it. "You're- free to go or whatever. Wait was that my door?"

He spun on his heels, skipped lightly over more of the notes on the floor, including pentagram he had drawn when he had gotten bored a couple days ago. He slammed the door to the lab open and headed down the hall to yank the front door open, blinking at the cloaked figure there. "Do...I know you? Wait!" He spun around once more, and paused feeling slightly dizzy. When was the last time he ate? Ah, unimportant. "I should have asked him for some samples before telling him to go!"
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
((yello mello i subscribed as well!))

The demon hadn't quiet left yet, in face, he felt something was off, and went to follow the man who'd summoned him. He was standing right there when the man turned around. "Samples?" He said, snapping his fingers and making the wineglass full of sparkling grape juice disappear. "Samples of what?" He questioned. He kept shifting from foot to foot, trying to figure out who was in the doorway.

He curled his upper lip in a scowl. "Who's the friend?" He asked, his tail lashing.

(sorry for the smol reply)
((yello mello i subscribed as well!))

The demon hadn't quiet left yet, in face, he felt something was off, and went to follow the man who'd summoned him. He was standing right there when the man turned around. "Samples?" He said, snapping his fingers and making the wineglass full of sparkling grape juice disappear. "Samples of what?" He questioned. He kept shifting from foot to foot, trying to figure out who was in the doorway.

He curled his upper lip in a scowl. "Who's the friend?" He asked, his tail lashing.

(sorry for the smol reply)
"I can't say as though you know me, no.." As she spoke her eyes glanced over the first male before stopping on the other. A small smirk on her face, though it disappeared after a moment. Found it. her thought echoed through her head before she snapped her head towards the other male.

"Good on you for summoning a demon. I'm suprised any of the people in the town werre intelligent enough to do it.." Reaching up she lowered the hood of her cloak. "Of course there's alwYs a ting to any yang, if you catch my drift." Xandria wasn't ever one to flat out admit what she was, though she always made plenty of hints. One just had to be smart enough to notice them..
"I can't say as though you know me, no.." As she spoke her eyes glanced over the first male before stopping on the other. A small smirk on her face, though it disappeared after a moment. Found it. her thought echoed through her head before she snapped her head towards the other male.

"Good on you for summoning a demon. I'm suprised any of the people in the town werre intelligent enough to do it.." Reaching up she lowered the hood of her cloak. "Of course there's alwYs a ting to any yang, if you catch my drift." Xandria wasn't ever one to flat out admit what she was, though she always made plenty of hints. One just had to be smart enough to notice them..
"Not a friend, just a complete stranger with strange words," Kyle muttered mostly to himself, but partly to the demon. "Ying to a Yang. The Taijitu huh? That of course makes me think of Chinese deities and dragons, but that could just be me overthinking things again. I mean it could just refer to the general equal and opposite idea that it usually represents. So an angel? No that seems to easy."

He swayed slightly, "Coffee. More coffee is needed. Then I can go look at that one text again-" His eyes lit up, slightly manic. "I'm going to have to go over all the texts again! This means that most of them weren't just being symbolic! That's a whole new side that I need to explore." He blinked again, "Coffee first though."

He wandered past the two beings that were there to track down his coffee maker. He could have sworn that it was in the kitchen last, but he did have a habit of moving it around when he got tired. "A breakthrough! I can get started on those other ideas that I had-" he trailed off, not quite remembering what ideas he had with his brain moving at the fuzzy break neck pace it was at. "Huh."
"Not a friend, just a complete stranger with strange words," Kyle muttered mostly to himself, but partly to the demon. "Ying to a Yang. The Taijitu huh? That of course makes me think of Chinese deities and dragons, but that could just be me overthinking things again. I mean it could just refer to the general equal and opposite idea that it usually represents. So an angel? No that seems to easy."

He swayed slightly, "Coffee. More coffee is needed. Then I can go look at that one text again-" His eyes lit up, slightly manic. "I'm going to have to go over all the texts again! This means that most of them weren't just being symbolic! That's a whole new side that I need to explore." He blinked again, "Coffee first though."

He wandered past the two beings that were there to track down his coffee maker. He could have sworn that it was in the kitchen last, but he did have a habit of moving it around when he got tired. "A breakthrough! I can get started on those other ideas that I had-" he trailed off, not quite remembering what ideas he had with his brain moving at the fuzzy break neck pace it was at. "Huh."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
The demon turned to the angel. "Really?" He asked. "One of you idiots is here? It's like ever other time I get a job, some ridiculous angel swoops down from, ew, Heaven and screws everything up." He scoffed, smirking. "You're here to do that, huh? You want to send be back to the homeland, don't you?" Abalon turned on his heel and retreated back into the house with the crazy man.

"Hey, Crazy Guy. Are you gonna make a deal with me or not? I was kinda busy, you know. I don't enjoy being ripped away from that, you know." He shouted after him. "What's your name, anyway?"
The demon turned to the angel. "Really?" He asked. "One of you idiots is here? It's like ever other time I get a job, some ridiculous angel swoops down from, ew, Heaven and screws everything up." He scoffed, smirking. "You're here to do that, huh? You want to send be back to the homeland, don't you?" Abalon turned on his heel and retreated back into the house with the crazy man.

"Hey, Crazy Guy. Are you gonna make a deal with me or not? I was kinda busy, you know. I don't enjoy being ripped away from that, you know." He shouted after him. "What's your name, anyway?"
Xandria couldn't help the smirk that appeared on her face as the demon practically scolded her for existing. As much as she would have liked to tell him that she wasn't exactly from Heaven, or at least not anymore he turned and stepped away from her. It's not like she had anything to do with demons back to Hell anymore, it was out of her duty given her situation. With a shake of her head and a quiet laugh she too stepped through the doorway and closed the door behind her.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the lad can't remember his name. Seems like he's a bit off his rocker currently.." She spoke loud enough that the other two would be able to hear her, though she wasn't sure if they would actually listen to her given the fact that they both seemed a little preoccupied.
Xandria couldn't help the smirk that appeared on her face as the demon practically scolded her for existing. As much as she would have liked to tell him that she wasn't exactly from Heaven, or at least not anymore he turned and stepped away from her. It's not like she had anything to do with demons back to Hell anymore, it was out of her duty given her situation. With a shake of her head and a quiet laugh she too stepped through the doorway and closed the door behind her.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the lad can't remember his name. Seems like he's a bit off his rocker currently.." She spoke loud enough that the other two would be able to hear her, though she wasn't sure if they would actually listen to her given the fact that they both seemed a little preoccupied.
Kyle waved a hand vaguely at the demon. "No. No, no deal. My souls is just fine where it is. how does that work anyways? Would you take my soul now or-" He paused in his question as the rest of what they were saying sunk in. He frowned.

"I'm not crazy," he finally said, more firmly than he had anything else so far. "And if you wish to think so than you may locate the door yourself. I have no intentions of letting anyone like that into my house." He got enough of that from his colleagues anyways.

"I have studies I need to conduct and research that needs to be redone, so if you could just do what you need to and leave- wait." His frown deepened. ""Can't just shove the chance of a life time out the door because it's mean. Or can I? This was something Sis was talking about wasn't it." He sighed, and tugged at his hair. "I still need that coffee. Maybe it's in the lab? The I could find a Banishing to use as well, since there's obviously a Summoning. Equal and opposite after all."

He whirl on to the demon, his thoughts jumping once more, "Are those horns sensitive? Do they affect you're balance? Is that why there's a tail? Wait, wait, no I was getting you to leave." He shook his head, trying not to glance at the other strange visitor of his home. "Can I even give you a name without causing problems for myself? Don't answer that. Folklore is rather obvious."

He vaguely realized that he hadn't slept in two days and really, really needed coffee. Where was that maker of his? "Where was I? Oh right. Coffee."
Kyle waved a hand vaguely at the demon. "No. No, no deal. My souls is just fine where it is. how does that work anyways? Would you take my soul now or-" He paused in his question as the rest of what they were saying sunk in. He frowned.

"I'm not crazy," he finally said, more firmly than he had anything else so far. "And if you wish to think so than you may locate the door yourself. I have no intentions of letting anyone like that into my house." He got enough of that from his colleagues anyways.

"I have studies I need to conduct and research that needs to be redone, so if you could just do what you need to and leave- wait." His frown deepened. ""Can't just shove the chance of a life time out the door because it's mean. Or can I? This was something Sis was talking about wasn't it." He sighed, and tugged at his hair. "I still need that coffee. Maybe it's in the lab? The I could find a Banishing to use as well, since there's obviously a Summoning. Equal and opposite after all."

He whirl on to the demon, his thoughts jumping once more, "Are those horns sensitive? Do they affect you're balance? Is that why there's a tail? Wait, wait, no I was getting you to leave." He shook his head, trying not to glance at the other strange visitor of his home. "Can I even give you a name without causing problems for myself? Don't answer that. Folklore is rather obvious."

He vaguely realized that he hadn't slept in two days and really, really needed coffee. Where was that maker of his? "Where was I? Oh right. Coffee."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8