Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wrong side of Heaven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
"Celestial angel lady has a name. Or have you forgotten it already Abalon." The way her voice dropped on the last word made it sounds like a sort of curse. "I've been polite enough to use yours and would appreciate if you gave me the same courtesy."

With a quiet scoff she turned her head away from the demon and narrowed her eyes at the human. Books were something to be cherished and this male was dropping them like they were nothing more than a pile of rocks.

"He's trying to get rid of you.." A quiet chuckle escaped her as she spoke without turning her head toward Abalon but she figured the demon was smart enough to figure out that she was talking to him. Something didn't feel right, blinking a few times she concentrated harder on the words that the human was saying. She couldn't place where she had heard them before.

Suddenly her eyes widened, her memory placing where she heard the spell before. "Wait.. Stop!"
"Celestial angel lady has a name. Or have you forgotten it already Abalon." The way her voice dropped on the last word made it sounds like a sort of curse. "I've been polite enough to use yours and would appreciate if you gave me the same courtesy."

With a quiet scoff she turned her head away from the demon and narrowed her eyes at the human. Books were something to be cherished and this male was dropping them like they were nothing more than a pile of rocks.

"He's trying to get rid of you.." A quiet chuckle escaped her as she spoke without turning her head toward Abalon but she figured the demon was smart enough to figure out that she was talking to him. Something didn't feel right, blinking a few times she concentrated harder on the words that the human was saying. She couldn't place where she had heard them before.

Suddenly her eyes widened, her memory placing where she heard the spell before. "Wait.. Stop!"
Kyle froze at the yell, lab safety immediately jumping to the forefront of his mind. The book in front of him glowed eerily. His tired brain scrambled for some semblance, and ended up latched onto the question that the demon had asked. ".....Kyle?" he said hesitantly, and immediately knew that he had made a mistake. He yelped and dropped the book as it burned his skin, and black ink like markings started to crawl up his arms.

He stared at them and finally said, "Did I just curse myself again?"
Kyle froze at the yell, lab safety immediately jumping to the forefront of his mind. The book in front of him glowed eerily. His tired brain scrambled for some semblance, and ended up latched onto the question that the demon had asked. ".....Kyle?" he said hesitantly, and immediately knew that he had made a mistake. He yelped and dropped the book as it burned his skin, and black ink like markings started to crawl up his arms.

He stared at them and finally said, "Did I just curse myself again?"
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalone paused before walking over, picking up the book, and groaning. "Great! You cast a binding spell, not a banishing spell." He said, huffing. "The marks on your arms probably correspond to me and Xander over there." He said. "Boss is gonna love this..." He said sarcastically, summoning the stool from earlier and sitting down on it.

He flipped through the pages. "Isn't there some sort of reversal spell for a binding spell? A tincture of sorts? Hey, Alexandria, what do you know about binding spells?" he asked.
Abalone paused before walking over, picking up the book, and groaning. "Great! You cast a binding spell, not a banishing spell." He said, huffing. "The marks on your arms probably correspond to me and Xander over there." He said. "Boss is gonna love this..." He said sarcastically, summoning the stool from earlier and sitting down on it.

He flipped through the pages. "Isn't there some sort of reversal spell for a binding spell? A tincture of sorts? Hey, Alexandria, what do you know about binding spells?" he asked.
Gritting her teeth together at the wrong forms of her name she was practically seething as she spoke. "From what I remember of a binding spell there's no reversal. It either fades overtime or the person who cast it dies, leaving the one it was cast upon nothing to be bond to."

There it was again, the pressing feeling from her back. She needed to get outside. "Then again I could be completely wrong about that." Taking a step backwards she looked towards the black marks before sighing. "Is there a distance limit on this spell? Or are we able to move about freely?" If she was going to be stuck inside this house she needed to know how many things she was going to destroy while being here.
Gritting her teeth together at the wrong forms of her name she was practically seething as she spoke. "From what I remember of a binding spell there's no reversal. It either fades overtime or the person who cast it dies, leaving the one it was cast upon nothing to be bond to."

There it was again, the pressing feeling from her back. She needed to get outside. "Then again I could be completely wrong about that." Taking a step backwards she looked towards the black marks before sighing. "Is there a distance limit on this spell? Or are we able to move about freely?" If she was going to be stuck inside this house she needed to know how many things she was going to destroy while being here.
"Oh um," Kyle blinked rapidly, and took the book back from the demon. "It looks like there is, but it's fairly large. A mile if I'm translating this correctly? Most likely you can't leave town as long as I'm in it?" He cringe. "I am so so sorry. I should know better to do anything when I reach this manic state. I mean last time I cursed myself, which should have been, I don't know a learning experience."

He snapped it shut, and tucked it under his arms, determinedly trying to shove down the part of him that was squealing about having two of the beings he was studying bound to himself. (The experiments that he could do-!) They were still their own people and he had to respect that. (But his colleagues-!) He scrubbed at his face, the last three days he had been working crashing down on him all at once.

"I'll see about getting this undone as soon as possible," he said finally, "I'll look outside of the Christian theology as well if I have too." He paused and mused on it, "Inventing a brand new spell would be academically impressive right, no ignore that, I shouldn't be focusing on that right now. F*** do I even have room for two more people?"
"Oh um," Kyle blinked rapidly, and took the book back from the demon. "It looks like there is, but it's fairly large. A mile if I'm translating this correctly? Most likely you can't leave town as long as I'm in it?" He cringe. "I am so so sorry. I should know better to do anything when I reach this manic state. I mean last time I cursed myself, which should have been, I don't know a learning experience."

He snapped it shut, and tucked it under his arms, determinedly trying to shove down the part of him that was squealing about having two of the beings he was studying bound to himself. (The experiments that he could do-!) They were still their own people and he had to respect that. (But his colleagues-!) He scrubbed at his face, the last three days he had been working crashing down on him all at once.

"I'll see about getting this undone as soon as possible," he said finally, "I'll look outside of the Christian theology as well if I have too." He paused and mused on it, "Inventing a brand new spell would be academically impressive right, no ignore that, I shouldn't be focusing on that right now. F*** do I even have room for two more people?"
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalone barked out a laugh. "Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. You're living with a demon and an angel now, and you're wondering about room for them?" He stifled a laugh. "Xandria over there could probably just build you a bigger house, and if you really needed it, I could just get some construction workers to do it for free. I am a demon, after all. This world is my play ground."

He smiled, putting his hands on his hips and puffing his chest out with pride. "Unlike miss perfect over there, I can basically do whatever I want! It's pretty great. Hey, Kyle, maybe we can work out a deal- your soul for a broken binding spell- I can probably see what I can do with my resources downstairs..."
Abalone barked out a laugh. "Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. You're living with a demon and an angel now, and you're wondering about room for them?" He stifled a laugh. "Xandria over there could probably just build you a bigger house, and if you really needed it, I could just get some construction workers to do it for free. I am a demon, after all. This world is my play ground."

He smiled, putting his hands on his hips and puffing his chest out with pride. "Unlike miss perfect over there, I can basically do whatever I want! It's pretty great. Hey, Kyle, maybe we can work out a deal- your soul for a broken binding spell- I can probably see what I can do with my resources downstairs..."
Her patience was running thin with that Abalone character. It seemed the only things that he knew about angels were the broad stereotypes that had been whispered through the years. It would be unwise of her to lose her composure in this small space though so she dug her fingernails into the palm of her hands. The ringing of her sword was almost deafening for her, not that the other two would be able to hear it. "I am not here to be made fun of Abalone. If you wish to make a deal with the human than I will no stop you. It is no longer my duty to keep your kind in line.." After a while she spoke again, her voice quieter this time. "Being banished here is enough of a punishment without having you poke jabs at me whenever you get the chance."

"As far as needing more space in this house I can assure you I won't be needing any. If the spell doesn't require me to stay here I will not. There are plenty of other places that I can rest in even a one mile radius." She thought about it for a moment before looking towards Kyle trying to keep the daggers in her eyes from shooting into him. "Watch yourself around the other one there. It's hard enough these days to keep human souls pure enough to allow them through the gates. Add a demon into the mix who will offer you anything for your soul." She shrugged, "seems like a mixture that could easily turn things South for you."
Her patience was running thin with that Abalone character. It seemed the only things that he knew about angels were the broad stereotypes that had been whispered through the years. It would be unwise of her to lose her composure in this small space though so she dug her fingernails into the palm of her hands. The ringing of her sword was almost deafening for her, not that the other two would be able to hear it. "I am not here to be made fun of Abalone. If you wish to make a deal with the human than I will no stop you. It is no longer my duty to keep your kind in line.." After a while she spoke again, her voice quieter this time. "Being banished here is enough of a punishment without having you poke jabs at me whenever you get the chance."

"As far as needing more space in this house I can assure you I won't be needing any. If the spell doesn't require me to stay here I will not. There are plenty of other places that I can rest in even a one mile radius." She thought about it for a moment before looking towards Kyle trying to keep the daggers in her eyes from shooting into him. "Watch yourself around the other one there. It's hard enough these days to keep human souls pure enough to allow them through the gates. Add a demon into the mix who will offer you anything for your soul." She shrugged, "seems like a mixture that could easily turn things South for you."
Kyle's eyes darted between the two of them, noting the way that Xandira was clenching her hands. "I probably shouldn't be making any sort of decision like this, as I've already proven. Multiple times. Besides didn't I say that I wasn't going to sell my soul. Can you even get to hell while bound to me?"

He frowned, "Look, I really am sorry about this. You don't have to stay with me if you don't want to, though I would like a little more respect." His voice dipped to just a breath, "Not that I'll get it," before it picked back up to a normal tone. At least the angel was trying not to take her anger out on him. "I can fix this. It just might take some time. I'll let you know if I have to go somewhere farther then the limits of you're binding so you can be prepared and all, other than that, you can just...go do what you want I guess?"

He tilted his head to the side, as the world tilted around him. "Wait I apologised right?" His knees buckled, and he reached out for the table out of habit and managed to lower himself to the floor slowly. "Ah right, 72 hours is when the hallucinations set in. Maybe I'm just imagining all of this out of sleep deprivations? I really should fix that habit of mine."
Kyle's eyes darted between the two of them, noting the way that Xandira was clenching her hands. "I probably shouldn't be making any sort of decision like this, as I've already proven. Multiple times. Besides didn't I say that I wasn't going to sell my soul. Can you even get to hell while bound to me?"

He frowned, "Look, I really am sorry about this. You don't have to stay with me if you don't want to, though I would like a little more respect." His voice dipped to just a breath, "Not that I'll get it," before it picked back up to a normal tone. At least the angel was trying not to take her anger out on him. "I can fix this. It just might take some time. I'll let you know if I have to go somewhere farther then the limits of you're binding so you can be prepared and all, other than that, you can just...go do what you want I guess?"

He tilted his head to the side, as the world tilted around him. "Wait I apologised right?" His knees buckled, and he reached out for the table out of habit and managed to lower himself to the floor slowly. "Ah right, 72 hours is when the hallucinations set in. Maybe I'm just imagining all of this out of sleep deprivations? I really should fix that habit of mine."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon sighed. "Kyle," He said. "Why don't you sleep?" He huffed. "Clearly, you're out of it if coffee from Hell didn't work for you right now, and as pleasing the thought of you dying of sleep deprivation and setting us both free is, you'd be useless as a dead man, and I can't drag you to hell because you didn't sell your soul or do anything of the like with me." He bent at the waist to give the human a hand.

"Where's your room? Let's get you in your jammies and then in your bed, yeah?" A demon showing compassion? There clearly had to be some other motive than the ones he'd given if he was doing this. It seems that either Abalon wasn't a very good demon, or he was a new demon, or he just didn't give a flying fu. ck what hell thought.
Abalon sighed. "Kyle," He said. "Why don't you sleep?" He huffed. "Clearly, you're out of it if coffee from Hell didn't work for you right now, and as pleasing the thought of you dying of sleep deprivation and setting us both free is, you'd be useless as a dead man, and I can't drag you to hell because you didn't sell your soul or do anything of the like with me." He bent at the waist to give the human a hand.

"Where's your room? Let's get you in your jammies and then in your bed, yeah?" A demon showing compassion? There clearly had to be some other motive than the ones he'd given if he was doing this. It seems that either Abalon wasn't a very good demon, or he was a new demon, or he just didn't give a flying fu. ck what hell thought.
Xandria gave a quiet sigh and relaxed her hands at her sides once more. Humans were fragile enough and here she was unfortunate enough to be bound to this particular one. It didn't seem like Kyle slept enough, or even ate enough to be able to keep himself up and running. She made no move to help him though, it seemed like the demon had things covered after all.

Seems like the usual roles were switched here. The demon was the compassionate one and Xandria was the.. well, it wasn't obvious what her mannerisms were yet but she obviously wasn't going to be any help in this situation. Male bonding at work apparently.

It wasn't that she didn't want to help the human, it was a natural instinct in her, she wasn't a monster after all. The bigger problem was that she wasn't sure how much closer she would be able to get to Abalon before she ended up lashing out. Her limits were practically reached at this point. "Jammies and bed is probably the wisest thing for you. You need your rest, especially if you're going to continue your studies. I can assure you that we will both still be here when you wake."
Xandria gave a quiet sigh and relaxed her hands at her sides once more. Humans were fragile enough and here she was unfortunate enough to be bound to this particular one. It didn't seem like Kyle slept enough, or even ate enough to be able to keep himself up and running. She made no move to help him though, it seemed like the demon had things covered after all.

Seems like the usual roles were switched here. The demon was the compassionate one and Xandria was the.. well, it wasn't obvious what her mannerisms were yet but she obviously wasn't going to be any help in this situation. Male bonding at work apparently.

It wasn't that she didn't want to help the human, it was a natural instinct in her, she wasn't a monster after all. The bigger problem was that she wasn't sure how much closer she would be able to get to Abalon before she ended up lashing out. Her limits were practically reached at this point. "Jammies and bed is probably the wisest thing for you. You need your rest, especially if you're going to continue your studies. I can assure you that we will both still be here when you wake."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8