Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wrong side of Heaven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Abalon raised an eyebrow at the sudden whir of questions he paused. "I can get you coffee." He offered. "Granted, it may taste a little like blood. Or the suffering of the less fortunate, but that shouldn't bother you in the slightest, right?" He asked. Abalon took a step closer to the human. "i mean," He rubbed the back of his head. "if you'd like some coffee, that is."

There was another long pause from the demon. He shot the angel a look over his shoulder before looking back to the human. "And," he said. "I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if I answered a few of your questions either. I'm not super busy, anyway."

((wouldn't it be funny if kyle accidentally wound up trapping Abalon and Xandria instead of banishing them. like instead of casting a banishing spell / thingy, he casts a binding spell or smthing, and winds up binding them both to him))
Abalon raised an eyebrow at the sudden whir of questions he paused. "I can get you coffee." He offered. "Granted, it may taste a little like blood. Or the suffering of the less fortunate, but that shouldn't bother you in the slightest, right?" He asked. Abalon took a step closer to the human. "i mean," He rubbed the back of his head. "if you'd like some coffee, that is."

There was another long pause from the demon. He shot the angel a look over his shoulder before looking back to the human. "And," he said. "I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if I answered a few of your questions either. I'm not super busy, anyway."

((wouldn't it be funny if kyle accidentally wound up trapping Abalon and Xandria instead of banishing them. like instead of casting a banishing spell / thingy, he casts a binding spell or smthing, and winds up binding them both to him))
She couldn't help the quiet chuckle that slipped out of her at the man's questions to the demon. It was rather ridiculous watching a human practically jumping up and down at the chance of being able to ask questions of the demon. Then of course there was also the fact that the demon seemed to be perfectly content being a sort of servant for the human. Getting him coffee and answering questions like he was some sort of celebrity. That thought caused her to roll her eyes.

Of course, at the same time there was also the feeling of relief that flowed through her simply because the man wasn't asking her questions, let the demon suffer a little. Even if there wasn't anything that she wanted to do as far as sending the demon back to Hell, it wasn't like she wanted him to have a pleasant time in this world.

Turning her attention back to the human she tilted her head to the side as she examined him, it was an almost animalistic gesture but it wasn't something she was able to stop herself from doing. He seemed of sound enough mind, maybe a little excitable but that's how humans tended to be anymore.

With a shake of her head she took a mental step back watching the two one more.

((given his tired state I could see that happening easily. Might be an interesting spin?))
She couldn't help the quiet chuckle that slipped out of her at the man's questions to the demon. It was rather ridiculous watching a human practically jumping up and down at the chance of being able to ask questions of the demon. Then of course there was also the fact that the demon seemed to be perfectly content being a sort of servant for the human. Getting him coffee and answering questions like he was some sort of celebrity. That thought caused her to roll her eyes.

Of course, at the same time there was also the feeling of relief that flowed through her simply because the man wasn't asking her questions, let the demon suffer a little. Even if there wasn't anything that she wanted to do as far as sending the demon back to Hell, it wasn't like she wanted him to have a pleasant time in this world.

Turning her attention back to the human she tilted her head to the side as she examined him, it was an almost animalistic gesture but it wasn't something she was able to stop herself from doing. He seemed of sound enough mind, maybe a little excitable but that's how humans tended to be anymore.

With a shake of her head she took a mental step back watching the two one more.

((given his tired state I could see that happening easily. Might be an interesting spin?))
Kyle's whole face lit up at the idea of at least one of the supernatural creatures answering some of his questions and furthering his knowledge and research. "Really?" he blurted, bouncing on the balls of his feet before pausing. "Wait. Is this some trick to get me to make a deal without realizing it? 'Cause I mean, most folklore paints demons as tricksters and intelligent, or really, really dumb. It's a toss up."

"But if it's not that some coffee would be great, I mean who drinks coffee for the taste? It's an addictive stimulant, and it works out a lot better if you simply treat it that way. Much better to deal with the side effects that it brings," he mused. "But ok, questions, answer, I need to take notes for something like this. My notebooks is in my lab right?"

"Assuming that the other one is an angel," he muttered as he hurried towards his lab, taking a moment to blink at how the demon had gotten closer to him, before stepping around the creature. "And that the book was in a celestial dialect, maybe it can affect both, just with a lesser affect on the angel since it's aimed specifically to demons? It depends on how closely related the two species are of course...." He trailed off as he stepped into the lab and ran his gaze over the mess.
Kyle's whole face lit up at the idea of at least one of the supernatural creatures answering some of his questions and furthering his knowledge and research. "Really?" he blurted, bouncing on the balls of his feet before pausing. "Wait. Is this some trick to get me to make a deal without realizing it? 'Cause I mean, most folklore paints demons as tricksters and intelligent, or really, really dumb. It's a toss up."

"But if it's not that some coffee would be great, I mean who drinks coffee for the taste? It's an addictive stimulant, and it works out a lot better if you simply treat it that way. Much better to deal with the side effects that it brings," he mused. "But ok, questions, answer, I need to take notes for something like this. My notebooks is in my lab right?"

"Assuming that the other one is an angel," he muttered as he hurried towards his lab, taking a moment to blink at how the demon had gotten closer to him, before stepping around the creature. "And that the book was in a celestial dialect, maybe it can affect both, just with a lesser affect on the angel since it's aimed specifically to demons? It depends on how closely related the two species are of course...." He trailed off as he stepped into the lab and ran his gaze over the mess.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon chuckled. He clapped his hands twice and a mug that had "#1 Dad" printed across the side in bright red type. Inside the cup, hot coffee steamed. It was tinged a little red, and if one looked at the steam, it looked like little souls. Thanks, Hell.

Abalon chuckled. "Perhaps now is the time for names, yes?" He looked over his shoulder at the angelic being once more, his eyes partially lidded as he gave her a bit of a tricking smile. "You first, honey." He purred out- guess demons can purr. His tail lashed slowly and sweetly, and he held the cup out to the human. "May be a little hot. It did just come from Hell, after all. The AC is kinda broken right now. Well, it has been for the past several millennia."
Abalon chuckled. He clapped his hands twice and a mug that had "#1 Dad" printed across the side in bright red type. Inside the cup, hot coffee steamed. It was tinged a little red, and if one looked at the steam, it looked like little souls. Thanks, Hell.

Abalon chuckled. "Perhaps now is the time for names, yes?" He looked over his shoulder at the angelic being once more, his eyes partially lidded as he gave her a bit of a tricking smile. "You first, honey." He purred out- guess demons can purr. His tail lashed slowly and sweetly, and he held the cup out to the human. "May be a little hot. It did just come from Hell, after all. The AC is kinda broken right now. Well, it has been for the past several millennia."
Looking towards the demon she gave a roll of her eyes. "Smooth talking doesn't get you anywhere. I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair to all the other men in town if I simply told you my name. They all had to at least buy me a drink." A small smirk appeared on her face as she spoke.

"If you're in the mood for pleasantries why don't you grace us all the pleasure of knowing your name?" Her eyes twintiled as she spoke, the smirk staying on her face. She had just issued a dare and there was no way that the demon and possibly the human didn't know it. Names always held power, especially those of supernatural beings.
Looking towards the demon she gave a roll of her eyes. "Smooth talking doesn't get you anywhere. I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair to all the other men in town if I simply told you my name. They all had to at least buy me a drink." A small smirk appeared on her face as she spoke.

"If you're in the mood for pleasantries why don't you grace us all the pleasure of knowing your name?" Her eyes twintiled as she spoke, the smirk staying on her face. She had just issued a dare and there was no way that the demon and possibly the human didn't know it. Names always held power, especially those of supernatural beings.
Taking the mug, Kyle barely glanced at it before taking a huge gulp. He coughed as it burned his tongue and the strong taste hit him. He set the mug down on the nearest surface as he tried to catch his breath. Blinking several times, he stared at the coffee. "What was in that?" he gasped. "Not that it was bad, I mean, I don't think I've ever been this awake? Wait no, nope I'm still rambling. But wow, it was like someone dumped a weird mix of pine trees, almonds, and cinnamon into coffee and then decided to burn it."

He felt jittery as the caffeine hit him, and he hurried around the room, gathering paper and books as he went. He almost slipped on the papers on the floor several times, but it didn't phase him in the slightest. In fact, it almost seemed like he moved even faster after each one. "Maybe it's a hell thing?" he muttered to himself, completely forgetting about his 'guests' as he scrambled to write things down. "Almonds have the same taste as several poisions after all. Is it affected simply by being from hell or is it the type of taste that is prefered there? I know there was at least one text that spoke about food from heaven and hell, where did I put it? Oh, there's my coffee maker."

He slipped by the machine and picked up the book he had read from earlier to summon the demon. "Banishing spell, Banishing spell. Wait why was I looking for that again? Oh here it is!"
Taking the mug, Kyle barely glanced at it before taking a huge gulp. He coughed as it burned his tongue and the strong taste hit him. He set the mug down on the nearest surface as he tried to catch his breath. Blinking several times, he stared at the coffee. "What was in that?" he gasped. "Not that it was bad, I mean, I don't think I've ever been this awake? Wait no, nope I'm still rambling. But wow, it was like someone dumped a weird mix of pine trees, almonds, and cinnamon into coffee and then decided to burn it."

He felt jittery as the caffeine hit him, and he hurried around the room, gathering paper and books as he went. He almost slipped on the papers on the floor several times, but it didn't phase him in the slightest. In fact, it almost seemed like he moved even faster after each one. "Maybe it's a hell thing?" he muttered to himself, completely forgetting about his 'guests' as he scrambled to write things down. "Almonds have the same taste as several poisions after all. Is it affected simply by being from hell or is it the type of taste that is prefered there? I know there was at least one text that spoke about food from heaven and hell, where did I put it? Oh, there's my coffee maker."

He slipped by the machine and picked up the book he had read from earlier to summon the demon. "Banishing spell, Banishing spell. Wait why was I looking for that again? Oh here it is!"
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
Abalon scoffed. "Fine, you country bumpkin," He said, turning on his heel to face the angel. "Abalon." Said. "I'm Abalon. Your turn, lady." He paused turning his attention back to the human. "Oh, by the way, tears of the suffering, blood of the sinners, and a teeny little hint of jalapeno. It's a very common brew in Hell. Ground by the horrid sinners in the malaboge, and warmed in the lava rivers." Abalon purred, smiling. "It's quite good, but with the way you reacted, it might need a little creamer."

Abalon rubbed his hands together, actually causing a little fire, but it was quickly put out when he snapped his fingers and produced himself a cup of the same coffee before sipping it as if it was nothing. He huffed. "Needs sugar. And creamer."
Abalon scoffed. "Fine, you country bumpkin," He said, turning on his heel to face the angel. "Abalon." Said. "I'm Abalon. Your turn, lady." He paused turning his attention back to the human. "Oh, by the way, tears of the suffering, blood of the sinners, and a teeny little hint of jalapeno. It's a very common brew in Hell. Ground by the horrid sinners in the malaboge, and warmed in the lava rivers." Abalon purred, smiling. "It's quite good, but with the way you reacted, it might need a little creamer."

Abalon rubbed his hands together, actually causing a little fire, but it was quickly put out when he snapped his fingers and produced himself a cup of the same coffee before sipping it as if it was nothing. He huffed. "Needs sugar. And creamer."
Xandria simply stared at the demon as he spoke his name. As she was opening her mouth to answer with her own before the human started doing something again. Tearing her eyes away from the demon she focused on the human once more and watched as he nearly fell several times. Her head tilted once more as she watched the human without her realizing it. Curiosity was beginning to bubble inside of her, yet she kept her mouth shut to keep herself from asking exactly what it was that he was looking for in all this mess.

Blinking a few times as she shook her head her eyes darted back to the demon. Watching him for a few moments as he drank his off concoction. "Xandria.." That was all she said before leaning back on the doorway, away from the demon. It wasn't that she was afraid of the demon, she had rid this world o enough of them to have lost that fear. However, the close proximity to this demon was causing her wings to want to force their way through her skin and be seen. She could hear the faint humming of her celestial blade as well, it was ready to be called into this plane of existence. There wasn't enough room for either of them in this house.

To distract herself and insure that neither of these things happened she closed her eyes for a few moments and took a few deep breaths. Rubbing her temples before se opened her eyes slowly and watched the human scurry about the room. It was rather entertaining to her, though a little disconcerting. He certainly looked like a man on a mission.
Xandria simply stared at the demon as he spoke his name. As she was opening her mouth to answer with her own before the human started doing something again. Tearing her eyes away from the demon she focused on the human once more and watched as he nearly fell several times. Her head tilted once more as she watched the human without her realizing it. Curiosity was beginning to bubble inside of her, yet she kept her mouth shut to keep herself from asking exactly what it was that he was looking for in all this mess.

Blinking a few times as she shook her head her eyes darted back to the demon. Watching him for a few moments as he drank his off concoction. "Xandria.." That was all she said before leaning back on the doorway, away from the demon. It wasn't that she was afraid of the demon, she had rid this world o enough of them to have lost that fear. However, the close proximity to this demon was causing her wings to want to force their way through her skin and be seen. She could hear the faint humming of her celestial blade as well, it was ready to be called into this plane of existence. There wasn't enough room for either of them in this house.

To distract herself and insure that neither of these things happened she closed her eyes for a few moments and took a few deep breaths. Rubbing her temples before se opened her eyes slowly and watched the human scurry about the room. It was rather entertaining to her, though a little disconcerting. He certainly looked like a man on a mission.
Kyle wobbled on his feet, and stared at the mug for a second. "Blood and tear. Huh, um alright. Are those even digestible? I mean safely. There are plenty of studies about what consuming human blood does to the brain. Does it still counts as human blood though? To my knowledge human bodies don't end up in hell. Ah well, something to consider later."

He dropped the papers and books had had gathered on the floor and flipped through his first spell book. "Banishing, banishing," his reading was made harder by the fact that the words kept fuzzing in and out, and that he hadn't finished his studying of the normal celestial dialect. "I think this is the right page." Taking a deep breath and before he could change his mind, he read the spell out loud, mostly to himself, feeling silly about the whole thing.

((Whomp, sorry for the wait ^-^;;))
Kyle wobbled on his feet, and stared at the mug for a second. "Blood and tear. Huh, um alright. Are those even digestible? I mean safely. There are plenty of studies about what consuming human blood does to the brain. Does it still counts as human blood though? To my knowledge human bodies don't end up in hell. Ah well, something to consider later."

He dropped the papers and books had had gathered on the floor and flipped through his first spell book. "Banishing, banishing," his reading was made harder by the fact that the words kept fuzzing in and out, and that he hadn't finished his studying of the normal celestial dialect. "I think this is the right page." Taking a deep breath and before he could change his mind, he read the spell out loud, mostly to himself, feeling silly about the whole thing.

((Whomp, sorry for the wait ^-^;;))
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
((deletes the bump post for aesthetic purposes// it's okay!! Also apologies for the cursing in this post.))

Abalon gave the human a very odd look. "Hey, hold on," He said. "Me and celestial angel lady over there told you our names, what about you?" He asked, sipping his coffee. "And what in hell's name are you trying to do there, boy? Your pronunciation is horrendous." He chuckled. "Its not that bad, really, I'm only pulling your leg, but you really should work on it."

He sighed, taking another few gulps of his coffee before throwing the empty cup in the air and, again, snapping his fingers. He was sure the cup landed in the boiling dishwater of some poor, unfortunate bas. **** doing the dishes where ever in hell they may be. He uttered something about hoping they brewed the coffee stronger next time.
((deletes the bump post for aesthetic purposes// it's okay!! Also apologies for the cursing in this post.))

Abalon gave the human a very odd look. "Hey, hold on," He said. "Me and celestial angel lady over there told you our names, what about you?" He asked, sipping his coffee. "And what in hell's name are you trying to do there, boy? Your pronunciation is horrendous." He chuckled. "Its not that bad, really, I'm only pulling your leg, but you really should work on it."

He sighed, taking another few gulps of his coffee before throwing the empty cup in the air and, again, snapping his fingers. He was sure the cup landed in the boiling dishwater of some poor, unfortunate bas. **** doing the dishes where ever in hell they may be. He uttered something about hoping they brewed the coffee stronger next time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8