Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@Calicoradio
Mivri scrambled up onto her back without a word. He clung to Eris's hide and pointed toward the mountain that their mother had built her nest on.
"M-My siblings live up there..." he said, voice wavering slightly, "I don't wanna tell them......" His voice shook more as he grit his teeth and pushed his face into Eris's neck.

(Again sorry it's kinda short, but at least it's more than two sentences this time..? It's hard for me to make it long while interacting with another character *~*)
@Calicoradio
Mivri scrambled up onto her back without a word. He clung to Eris's hide and pointed toward the mountain that their mother had built her nest on.
"M-My siblings live up there..." he said, voice wavering slightly, "I don't wanna tell them......" His voice shook more as he grit his teeth and pushed his face into Eris's neck.

(Again sorry it's kinda short, but at least it's more than two sentences this time..? It's hard for me to make it long while interacting with another character *~*)
waterfull.png
(I think that's a brilliant idea, @EmeraldDragon13! Go right ahead. If Thalassa, Blu, Dusk, and Rosencrantz are, say, the Jovian clan, then why don't your sisters take Capri?)
(I think that's a brilliant idea, @EmeraldDragon13! Go right ahead. If Thalassa, Blu, Dusk, and Rosencrantz are, say, the Jovian clan, then why don't your sisters take Capri?)
Blu nodded, his smile widening. "I'm in Rosen's flight. When he gets you onto our wing, I'll see you again. And Thalassa?" He slowly uncoiled his girth, lazily stretching as he did so. "If something happens tonight, and you can help us, Dusk will probably let you stay with us. That would be nice for everyone, I think."

Finished, Blu turned away and headed off to find a space large enough for him to take off, placing each foot carefully as he navigated broodmothers and other males. The sun was already past its zenith, and those who were going to the meet would likely be hunting now if they hadn't already. Strength was important even if there wasn't a fight.

(@EmeraldDragon13, if you want to skip a bit of time and have Thalassa return with the pearls already, I can have Rosencrantz meet you in the next post. Additionally, folks, we're going to be moving into the meet very soon. If you have clan dragons, have them assign themselves to different groups that will be taking off in the next post or two. For non-clanbeasts, you guys can keep right on going, but there will be a fair amount of action coming your way soon. ;P)

- - -

Karala was curled up in a ball in the forest, her wings limp at her sides. She could barely feel them through the aching pain at her joints; her reckless, ceaseless flying had finally worn her body out. Worse than that, though, was the soreness inside, a raw wound where the little eggs of her nest had been.

Foliage crackled in and among voices dimly heard. Lifting her head, the great brown female wearily considered the possibility of a foe, but her worries were dissolved when she heard the chirp of a hatchling. Something brightly coloured pranced through the leaves. Why, they may very well walk by without noticing her, how careless!

"Hello?" she called. Getting to her feet, she picked her way closer to the voices. "Hello, ther - oh, aren't you a tiny little thing?"

@Manticore4
Blu nodded, his smile widening. "I'm in Rosen's flight. When he gets you onto our wing, I'll see you again. And Thalassa?" He slowly uncoiled his girth, lazily stretching as he did so. "If something happens tonight, and you can help us, Dusk will probably let you stay with us. That would be nice for everyone, I think."

Finished, Blu turned away and headed off to find a space large enough for him to take off, placing each foot carefully as he navigated broodmothers and other males. The sun was already past its zenith, and those who were going to the meet would likely be hunting now if they hadn't already. Strength was important even if there wasn't a fight.

(@EmeraldDragon13, if you want to skip a bit of time and have Thalassa return with the pearls already, I can have Rosencrantz meet you in the next post. Additionally, folks, we're going to be moving into the meet very soon. If you have clan dragons, have them assign themselves to different groups that will be taking off in the next post or two. For non-clanbeasts, you guys can keep right on going, but there will be a fair amount of action coming your way soon. ;P)

- - -

Karala was curled up in a ball in the forest, her wings limp at her sides. She could barely feel them through the aching pain at her joints; her reckless, ceaseless flying had finally worn her body out. Worse than that, though, was the soreness inside, a raw wound where the little eggs of her nest had been.

Foliage crackled in and among voices dimly heard. Lifting her head, the great brown female wearily considered the possibility of a foe, but her worries were dissolved when she heard the chirp of a hatchling. Something brightly coloured pranced through the leaves. Why, they may very well walk by without noticing her, how careless!

"Hello?" she called. Getting to her feet, she picked her way closer to the voices. "Hello, ther - oh, aren't you a tiny little thing?"

@Manticore4
(@bellancawings sounds like a plan! Capri shall be a clan of knowledge and harmony. Should make this coming meet... interesting.)

Nodding to Blu, Thalassa disappeared into the caves. She wound through the caverns and reached her personal stash of treasures, selecting a small citrine armband that she never wore, but knew someone who would. Making her way to the caverns of the brood mothers, loud voices and shrill laughter indicated that she was drawing close. Most of the ladies preferred making their nests close to one another, so they could chat and keep each other company as they tended to their eggs and hatchlings. Some made their nests elsewhere in private caverns, but the chatty mothers here would always seek each other out no matter whether they had nests or not.

Greeting the ladies with the standard few lines, she made her way to a bright pink scaled dragon with shiny white wings who looked very much like a frosted cupcake sitting on her nest. She was bickering with the mother next to her who was tending to a hatchling that wouldn't stay on the nest and kept wanting to nip at the tail of the cupcake dragon. The feisty hatchling amused Thalassa, though she hoped that it's actions wouldn't put her target in too bad of a mood.

"Ah, Thalassa!" The pink dragon exclaimed as Thalassa stopped in front of her, "lovely to see you around here again! Have you finally given up sparring with the males to have a proper battle of words with me again?" She batted her rather long, groomed eyelashes towards the black and white dragon, sitting up a bit straighter. Thalassa watched the grin spread across her cheeks as she awaited the inevitable frustration that Thalassa usually portrayed.

"Actually, Gloria," Thalassa began, swallowing her pride and refusing to respond to her remark about the battles, "I do somewhat miss bantering with you. Males can be so daft and simple in their discussion. Would you care to chat for a bit?" Thalassa lied, she didn't like the sugar-coated gossiping that Gloria relished so much. She would rather get straight to the point and have a short but meaningful discussion like the males.

Seeing the gleam in Gloria's eyes, Thalassa signed inwardly and prepared for a few hours of pointless "she said he said" gossip. Fortunately, she managed to escape after only 3 hours, with a strand of pearls clasped around her forearm and her armband wound around Gloria's pink limb.

Thalassa made her way to the chambers where she thought Rosencrantz lived, but wasn't entirely sure which area was his. She wandered through the corridor hoping to run into a dragon who could direct her the right way.
(@bellancawings sounds like a plan! Capri shall be a clan of knowledge and harmony. Should make this coming meet... interesting.)

Nodding to Blu, Thalassa disappeared into the caves. She wound through the caverns and reached her personal stash of treasures, selecting a small citrine armband that she never wore, but knew someone who would. Making her way to the caverns of the brood mothers, loud voices and shrill laughter indicated that she was drawing close. Most of the ladies preferred making their nests close to one another, so they could chat and keep each other company as they tended to their eggs and hatchlings. Some made their nests elsewhere in private caverns, but the chatty mothers here would always seek each other out no matter whether they had nests or not.

Greeting the ladies with the standard few lines, she made her way to a bright pink scaled dragon with shiny white wings who looked very much like a frosted cupcake sitting on her nest. She was bickering with the mother next to her who was tending to a hatchling that wouldn't stay on the nest and kept wanting to nip at the tail of the cupcake dragon. The feisty hatchling amused Thalassa, though she hoped that it's actions wouldn't put her target in too bad of a mood.

"Ah, Thalassa!" The pink dragon exclaimed as Thalassa stopped in front of her, "lovely to see you around here again! Have you finally given up sparring with the males to have a proper battle of words with me again?" She batted her rather long, groomed eyelashes towards the black and white dragon, sitting up a bit straighter. Thalassa watched the grin spread across her cheeks as she awaited the inevitable frustration that Thalassa usually portrayed.

"Actually, Gloria," Thalassa began, swallowing her pride and refusing to respond to her remark about the battles, "I do somewhat miss bantering with you. Males can be so daft and simple in their discussion. Would you care to chat for a bit?" Thalassa lied, she didn't like the sugar-coated gossiping that Gloria relished so much. She would rather get straight to the point and have a short but meaningful discussion like the males.

Seeing the gleam in Gloria's eyes, Thalassa signed inwardly and prepared for a few hours of pointless "she said he said" gossip. Fortunately, she managed to escape after only 3 hours, with a strand of pearls clasped around her forearm and her armband wound around Gloria's pink limb.

Thalassa made her way to the chambers where she thought Rosencrantz lived, but wasn't entirely sure which area was his. She wandered through the corridor hoping to run into a dragon who could direct her the right way.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
Orion perked up as Grendel approached, a smug grin on his face. The elder drake had to hold back a snort. 'Orion, my comrade,' Grendel began and Orion nearly bit his tongue to keep back a snarky retort. 'Lord Khaldonius has blessed us with a chance to honor Lanis. He has told me that tonight, during the meet, we are to raid the nests of the clans camping near the Sky Tree.'

Orion's eyes glittered at the chance, with all of the clan's most powerful at the meet, the broodmothers were the only things in their way. Orion himself had faced many, they weren't to hard to trick, especially when frantic.

'He chose you to lead the hunt for eggs, while I will keep the broodmothers away from their nests.'

Oh. He understood. Grendel was leading the charge, wasn't he? Orion rolled his thoughts over, absently letting his tongue maneuver itself around his cracked teeth. "Alright." He finally muttered. He wouldn't show that his pride had been hurt a little. Honestly, having Grendel as a distraction would make his job easier, it meant he didn't have to worry about his operation being intercepted, because he wouldn't have to worry about the broodmothers tearing him to shreds!

"However, if we're going to work together on this, we may want to work out an acceptable plan." Something even your pebble-sized mindset could understand. He thought bitterly.

The proud drake wouldn't let Grendel get the satisfaction of his anger. If Grendel was leading, Orion would make sure he stepped on his tail.

( @Mnementhmonic )

[Also I'm willing to take on another character if you need someone else in the other clans!]
Orion perked up as Grendel approached, a smug grin on his face. The elder drake had to hold back a snort. 'Orion, my comrade,' Grendel began and Orion nearly bit his tongue to keep back a snarky retort. 'Lord Khaldonius has blessed us with a chance to honor Lanis. He has told me that tonight, during the meet, we are to raid the nests of the clans camping near the Sky Tree.'

Orion's eyes glittered at the chance, with all of the clan's most powerful at the meet, the broodmothers were the only things in their way. Orion himself had faced many, they weren't to hard to trick, especially when frantic.

'He chose you to lead the hunt for eggs, while I will keep the broodmothers away from their nests.'

Oh. He understood. Grendel was leading the charge, wasn't he? Orion rolled his thoughts over, absently letting his tongue maneuver itself around his cracked teeth. "Alright." He finally muttered. He wouldn't show that his pride had been hurt a little. Honestly, having Grendel as a distraction would make his job easier, it meant he didn't have to worry about his operation being intercepted, because he wouldn't have to worry about the broodmothers tearing him to shreds!

"However, if we're going to work together on this, we may want to work out an acceptable plan." Something even your pebble-sized mindset could understand. He thought bitterly.

The proud drake wouldn't let Grendel get the satisfaction of his anger. If Grendel was leading, Orion would make sure he stepped on his tail.

( @Mnementhmonic )

[Also I'm willing to take on another character if you need someone else in the other clans!]
@bellancawings

Nico had decided that he was bored of following behind Sii roughly two hours ago, so he decided to run ahead and back to alleviate his boredom. He had to be carful though, sometimes if he wandered to far Sii would DISAPEAR! Nico didn't understand how Sii could get lost so easily the second Nico took his Eyes off him, wasn't Sii supposed to be the grown up? But Nico didn't mind, he always found Sii in the end, and it was supper fun to! Honestly Sii can be so silly sometimes. Nico checked behind him to make sure Sii didn't get lost again, and when he was sure that Sii was still there, he continued on his trek ahead of the elder dragon. Then suddenly as Nico was passing a bush, he SMELLED something, it kind of smelled like Sii but not, and checking behind himself Nico knew that it defiantly wasn't because Sii was just a few tail lengths behind him. That meant that this was ANOTHER dragon! That thought made Nico happy, Sii was still his favorite BESTEST BESTEST FREIND FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER (BBFFAEAEAE) but it would be nice to meet someone new. So with an excited jump he leapt through the bushes and came face to face with a Big Brown Dragon, EVEN BIGGER THAN SII!

15 times. 15 times in the span of two hours DharSii had tried, and failed, to ditch the little Migraine in the forest. And all 15 time the little beast found him, honestly the little scale mite was like bad claw fungus, always coming back once you thought you were rid of it. No matter what anyone else may think he was completely unrepentant about trying to abandoned the hatchling in the forest. Mostly, kind of, okay he had to admit the tail biter grew on you. In a annoying, headache inducing, scale tearing kind of way. Mabey he was just a masochist. Either way, despite over a dozen attempts to ditch the hatchling in the middle of the woods, he didn't want the little beast to get himself killed. So when he finally noticed the scent of a strange dragon, the second the Hatchling dove into the bushes he felt a surge of protectiveness. Although he would deny it to his dying breath. So he did what any dragon would do protecting a hatchling, and promptly charged through the underbrush after him, mantling over the little pest (very much resembling a brooding female defending her nest) and let loose a viscous, resonant, and absolutely feral growl. Towards the unknown female.
@bellancawings

Nico had decided that he was bored of following behind Sii roughly two hours ago, so he decided to run ahead and back to alleviate his boredom. He had to be carful though, sometimes if he wandered to far Sii would DISAPEAR! Nico didn't understand how Sii could get lost so easily the second Nico took his Eyes off him, wasn't Sii supposed to be the grown up? But Nico didn't mind, he always found Sii in the end, and it was supper fun to! Honestly Sii can be so silly sometimes. Nico checked behind him to make sure Sii didn't get lost again, and when he was sure that Sii was still there, he continued on his trek ahead of the elder dragon. Then suddenly as Nico was passing a bush, he SMELLED something, it kind of smelled like Sii but not, and checking behind himself Nico knew that it defiantly wasn't because Sii was just a few tail lengths behind him. That meant that this was ANOTHER dragon! That thought made Nico happy, Sii was still his favorite BESTEST BESTEST FREIND FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER (BBFFAEAEAE) but it would be nice to meet someone new. So with an excited jump he leapt through the bushes and came face to face with a Big Brown Dragon, EVEN BIGGER THAN SII!

15 times. 15 times in the span of two hours DharSii had tried, and failed, to ditch the little Migraine in the forest. And all 15 time the little beast found him, honestly the little scale mite was like bad claw fungus, always coming back once you thought you were rid of it. No matter what anyone else may think he was completely unrepentant about trying to abandoned the hatchling in the forest. Mostly, kind of, okay he had to admit the tail biter grew on you. In a annoying, headache inducing, scale tearing kind of way. Mabey he was just a masochist. Either way, despite over a dozen attempts to ditch the hatchling in the middle of the woods, he didn't want the little beast to get himself killed. So when he finally noticed the scent of a strange dragon, the second the Hatchling dove into the bushes he felt a surge of protectiveness. Although he would deny it to his dying breath. So he did what any dragon would do protecting a hatchling, and promptly charged through the underbrush after him, mantling over the little pest (very much resembling a brooding female defending her nest) and let loose a viscous, resonant, and absolutely feral growl. Towards the unknown female.
The dragons smiled at his answer as he quickly dashed through the bush and out of her sight. She mostly kept watch on the deer but that didn’t mean she wasn’t keeping tabs on Silas as well. Which she couldn’t. She had no idea where he was, he was too quiet and couldn’t see any movement in the direction he went at all. She would have to give it to the other, he was an amazing hunter.

Guro almost leaped out of her skin when Silas jumped out and attaching himself to the female. Both deer immediately freaked out and luckily started running towards her. She was hoping the Silas could handle one of the deer on his own but that didn’t matter, she would try to knock them both down so that he could finish her off.

When they were a foot away from her position she stretched her wings to their full length as she revealed herself. The bright red and white wings stunning both deer for a second and a second was more than enough. Launching herself forward she tackled the deer with all of her weight while she aimed and bit the buck in the neck, hoping she sunk her teeth into jugular. The female deer had fallen over after bumping into the male and having him pushed into her from Guro’s tackle. Falling on her side she began to go into a full panic with how quick Silas and Guro launched their attack. The only thing she could do in her state of panic was kick her legs wildly, trying to wiggle out of Silas’ grip and get back on her own hooves.

Guro was still battling the male, he had more fighting spirit than she thought it had. Trying to rip its neck out from her jaws and kicking its legs to try kick her off him. She grabbed hold of the deer's front legs with her arms before lifting up with her back legs, lifting them off the ground. With her hold on his front he could not kick her and was stuck using his back legs to try and pushing away, which resulted in her teeth sinking deeper into his flesh. In a few moments his back legs gave way and he fell over, allowing Guro to pin him with all of her weight. The buck squealed weakly as is tried to hang on to dear life, Guro only kept a steady hand and bit down as hard as she could into the beast’s neck, until he moved no more.

Guro was too focused on her own kill to notice if Silas had managed to finish off the female. When she allowed her jaws to go slack, releasing the deer from her maw, Guro let out a breath that she didn’t realize she had been holding, she also felt exhausted. The adrenaline from the hunt was the only thing keeping her from letting the buck go. She turned towards where she assumed the female was; where Silas was. With tired eyes she looked to see what his results were.

(@EmeraldDragon13 Yeah you can keep pinning me if you wish, I just learned how to subscribe to the thread today actually, so you don’t have to anymore if you don’t want to. Also I’ll be adding another dragon to the rp for the Capri clan maybe, though he could be in another clan if that works better.)

The sun was no longer high in the sky as he watched it start to hide behind the mountains. The meet was soon and that made him nervous. Valentine was a grand warrior, he had not fought in many battles as he was mainly a strategist for his clan but he could easily take down another dragon, if needed. The problem was that he absolutely detested fighting, which was the reason he chose to become a strategist despite his combat ability.

The pink dragon’s armor creaked with his fidgeting. Why was he so nervous for this meet anyways? It’s not like he was one of the egg thief nor was his clan responsible for those crimes. Perhaps he was nervous because he was still unsure if he would be one of the dragons to go to the meet or not. He looked around him seeing his fellows having mixed reactions; some confident, others weary for the egg thieves might strike for some of them would be away, others did not want to even bother leaving their home for fear of their eggs being stolen.

Valentine had already convinced his mate and their daughter to have all the brood mothers bring their eggs all together. That way they could have eyes in all directions while only protecting one nest. Whether they would listen to them was a whole different story, as the other females may have other ideas on how to protect their unborn from being snatched. Even the males were high-strung from the thought of thieves daring to steal from their mates.

He sighed, he had a feeling this meet wasn’t going to help solve the situation, especially if these thieves come from different clans or not clans at all. Even if they were from a single clan they would have definitely had taken an oath of silence.

With a sigh Valentine laid down, letting his wings fall from his side as he tried to calm himself. He wouldn’t know what to do if he was chosen or not, perhaps that was why he was feeling so anxious.
The dragons smiled at his answer as he quickly dashed through the bush and out of her sight. She mostly kept watch on the deer but that didn’t mean she wasn’t keeping tabs on Silas as well. Which she couldn’t. She had no idea where he was, he was too quiet and couldn’t see any movement in the direction he went at all. She would have to give it to the other, he was an amazing hunter.

Guro almost leaped out of her skin when Silas jumped out and attaching himself to the female. Both deer immediately freaked out and luckily started running towards her. She was hoping the Silas could handle one of the deer on his own but that didn’t matter, she would try to knock them both down so that he could finish her off.

When they were a foot away from her position she stretched her wings to their full length as she revealed herself. The bright red and white wings stunning both deer for a second and a second was more than enough. Launching herself forward she tackled the deer with all of her weight while she aimed and bit the buck in the neck, hoping she sunk her teeth into jugular. The female deer had fallen over after bumping into the male and having him pushed into her from Guro’s tackle. Falling on her side she began to go into a full panic with how quick Silas and Guro launched their attack. The only thing she could do in her state of panic was kick her legs wildly, trying to wiggle out of Silas’ grip and get back on her own hooves.

Guro was still battling the male, he had more fighting spirit than she thought it had. Trying to rip its neck out from her jaws and kicking its legs to try kick her off him. She grabbed hold of the deer's front legs with her arms before lifting up with her back legs, lifting them off the ground. With her hold on his front he could not kick her and was stuck using his back legs to try and pushing away, which resulted in her teeth sinking deeper into his flesh. In a few moments his back legs gave way and he fell over, allowing Guro to pin him with all of her weight. The buck squealed weakly as is tried to hang on to dear life, Guro only kept a steady hand and bit down as hard as she could into the beast’s neck, until he moved no more.

Guro was too focused on her own kill to notice if Silas had managed to finish off the female. When she allowed her jaws to go slack, releasing the deer from her maw, Guro let out a breath that she didn’t realize she had been holding, she also felt exhausted. The adrenaline from the hunt was the only thing keeping her from letting the buck go. She turned towards where she assumed the female was; where Silas was. With tired eyes she looked to see what his results were.

(@EmeraldDragon13 Yeah you can keep pinning me if you wish, I just learned how to subscribe to the thread today actually, so you don’t have to anymore if you don’t want to. Also I’ll be adding another dragon to the rp for the Capri clan maybe, though he could be in another clan if that works better.)

The sun was no longer high in the sky as he watched it start to hide behind the mountains. The meet was soon and that made him nervous. Valentine was a grand warrior, he had not fought in many battles as he was mainly a strategist for his clan but he could easily take down another dragon, if needed. The problem was that he absolutely detested fighting, which was the reason he chose to become a strategist despite his combat ability.

The pink dragon’s armor creaked with his fidgeting. Why was he so nervous for this meet anyways? It’s not like he was one of the egg thief nor was his clan responsible for those crimes. Perhaps he was nervous because he was still unsure if he would be one of the dragons to go to the meet or not. He looked around him seeing his fellows having mixed reactions; some confident, others weary for the egg thieves might strike for some of them would be away, others did not want to even bother leaving their home for fear of their eggs being stolen.

Valentine had already convinced his mate and their daughter to have all the brood mothers bring their eggs all together. That way they could have eyes in all directions while only protecting one nest. Whether they would listen to them was a whole different story, as the other females may have other ideas on how to protect their unborn from being snatched. Even the males were high-strung from the thought of thieves daring to steal from their mates.

He sighed, he had a feeling this meet wasn’t going to help solve the situation, especially if these thieves come from different clans or not clans at all. Even if they were from a single clan they would have definitely had taken an oath of silence.

With a sigh Valentine laid down, letting his wings fall from his side as he tried to calm himself. He wouldn’t know what to do if he was chosen or not, perhaps that was why he was feeling so anxious.
(@MalaikaKupanda we still need an official leader for the Navarian clan, and I thiiiink Dusk is head of Jovia? If not, someone can improvise that one, too. And happy Christmas, everyone!)

She needn't have bothered. Rosencrantz jumped down from above - evidently he had been perched on an upper ledge, watching her awkward search with satisfaction. The tiger runt drew himself up proudly; he had donned ceremonial gear for the meet, and now his desire for pearls became clear. The opalescent little gems were woven into a blanket-like brace for his hindquarters and a protective collar that acted like a gorget for his throat. His tail twitched with delight as he saw the string of pearls clutched in Thalassa's claws.

"Oh, fantastic!" He took them, eyeing them with critically, and tucked them in a pouch behind his wing. "Nice find, Thalassa, they look practically handpicked. Oh, and I convinced Dusk." He winked at her and fell into a jaunty step at her side. "We're leaving pretty soon, so if you need anything, I'd go get it. I think Dusk decided to take five of us," he paused, glancing at her with a cheeky grin, "so you better be sweet on me for a while."

The cramped quarters fell away as they walked, smoothing into the familiar sparring arena. Forest grew to the south; great swaths of northern trees sprung from the soil as if mortally offended at the flat space by their feet. The warm pond by the nursery was fed by a creek that emptied into a river on their north and west sides. There was a notable absence of females or young nearby, but Blu's massive form was impossible to miss - the golden giant was rearing on his hind legs, wings buffeting a smaller male in front of him. A roar of mixed frustration and laughter pierced the approaching evening as the opponent managed to throw himself against one of Blu's wings, collapsing it, and the match devolved into a scuffle.

Rosencrantz sniffed. "Idiots. Last thing they need is a broken wing now."

- - -

Karala pulled up short, startled by the adult male's ferocity. "Peace, I only wanted to know what the ruckus was about." Glancing at the hatchling, a sudden wave of grief thickened in her throat. She swallowed it and lowered her head, fixing the little creature in one huge, liquid eye. "What is your name?" She sniffed the air. "You must be hardly out of the shell. And travelling already! What a brave fellow."

Her enormous body was threaded through several trees, and each movement shook loose a rain of twigs and foliage. In an effort to make herself visibly smaller - and less threatening - the broodmother attempted to coil her serpentine frame, but her hips refused to budge. "Oh dear," she murmured. "I appear to be stuck. Could you help me? I don't wish to break anything." She looked worriedly over her shoulder, unable to discern the particular holdup.
(@MalaikaKupanda we still need an official leader for the Navarian clan, and I thiiiink Dusk is head of Jovia? If not, someone can improvise that one, too. And happy Christmas, everyone!)

She needn't have bothered. Rosencrantz jumped down from above - evidently he had been perched on an upper ledge, watching her awkward search with satisfaction. The tiger runt drew himself up proudly; he had donned ceremonial gear for the meet, and now his desire for pearls became clear. The opalescent little gems were woven into a blanket-like brace for his hindquarters and a protective collar that acted like a gorget for his throat. His tail twitched with delight as he saw the string of pearls clutched in Thalassa's claws.

"Oh, fantastic!" He took them, eyeing them with critically, and tucked them in a pouch behind his wing. "Nice find, Thalassa, they look practically handpicked. Oh, and I convinced Dusk." He winked at her and fell into a jaunty step at her side. "We're leaving pretty soon, so if you need anything, I'd go get it. I think Dusk decided to take five of us," he paused, glancing at her with a cheeky grin, "so you better be sweet on me for a while."

The cramped quarters fell away as they walked, smoothing into the familiar sparring arena. Forest grew to the south; great swaths of northern trees sprung from the soil as if mortally offended at the flat space by their feet. The warm pond by the nursery was fed by a creek that emptied into a river on their north and west sides. There was a notable absence of females or young nearby, but Blu's massive form was impossible to miss - the golden giant was rearing on his hind legs, wings buffeting a smaller male in front of him. A roar of mixed frustration and laughter pierced the approaching evening as the opponent managed to throw himself against one of Blu's wings, collapsing it, and the match devolved into a scuffle.

Rosencrantz sniffed. "Idiots. Last thing they need is a broken wing now."

- - -

Karala pulled up short, startled by the adult male's ferocity. "Peace, I only wanted to know what the ruckus was about." Glancing at the hatchling, a sudden wave of grief thickened in her throat. She swallowed it and lowered her head, fixing the little creature in one huge, liquid eye. "What is your name?" She sniffed the air. "You must be hardly out of the shell. And travelling already! What a brave fellow."

Her enormous body was threaded through several trees, and each movement shook loose a rain of twigs and foliage. In an effort to make herself visibly smaller - and less threatening - the broodmother attempted to coil her serpentine frame, but her hips refused to budge. "Oh dear," she murmured. "I appear to be stuck. Could you help me? I don't wish to break anything." She looked worriedly over her shoulder, unable to discern the particular holdup.
Riding the doe toward Guro's ambush, Silas gripped her haunches as hard as he could, hanging on until the piebald dragon flared her bright white and red splotched wings wide, startling both deer and causing the doe to skid to a stop. Taking this opportunity, Silas crawled up her back, making sure to have one hand on her at all times. He managed to get up to her shoulders before she fell over, attempting to roll him off. Scrunching his body, he got his back feet to grip her haunches, and quickly wound his tail around her flailing legs.

Getting her into a firm grip, he finally managed to get her neck into his mouth, after trying and failing with her flailing. He bit down on her jugular and her entire body went into a spasm, a last death-flail, but it was already too late. He wound his snake-like body around her as she gradually quieted, drinking in her last flowing blood as her form stilled.

He looked over to Guro as he released his grip, jaw clunking back into place with a painful pop. It had been dislocated one too many times, causing his lopsided grin and an aversion to larger prey as they were harder to eat. She had taken down the buck in a similar fashion, though he had missed the specifics of her battle as his own had occupied his mind and body.

Looking very much like a snake strangling its prey, Silas didn't unwind his body from around the deer, instead preferring to start with the head and using his claws to rip off bite-sized chunks of meat and sinew. He happily began munching away at his fresh kill, still warm and delicious from having been alive only moments earlier.

~~~

(I was imagining Dusk as a general to a much larger, older dragon that mostly prefers staying hidden away and having his/her/its clan carry out the monotonous daily tasks of Jovia. If anyone would like to play this shadowy leader, please do! If not, I'll have Dusk attend the clan meet as its representative. Annelie and Annria will be the leaders of the Capri clan, and I'd prefer only orchestrating the leader(s) for one clan at a time.)
Riding the doe toward Guro's ambush, Silas gripped her haunches as hard as he could, hanging on until the piebald dragon flared her bright white and red splotched wings wide, startling both deer and causing the doe to skid to a stop. Taking this opportunity, Silas crawled up her back, making sure to have one hand on her at all times. He managed to get up to her shoulders before she fell over, attempting to roll him off. Scrunching his body, he got his back feet to grip her haunches, and quickly wound his tail around her flailing legs.

Getting her into a firm grip, he finally managed to get her neck into his mouth, after trying and failing with her flailing. He bit down on her jugular and her entire body went into a spasm, a last death-flail, but it was already too late. He wound his snake-like body around her as she gradually quieted, drinking in her last flowing blood as her form stilled.

He looked over to Guro as he released his grip, jaw clunking back into place with a painful pop. It had been dislocated one too many times, causing his lopsided grin and an aversion to larger prey as they were harder to eat. She had taken down the buck in a similar fashion, though he had missed the specifics of her battle as his own had occupied his mind and body.

Looking very much like a snake strangling its prey, Silas didn't unwind his body from around the deer, instead preferring to start with the head and using his claws to rip off bite-sized chunks of meat and sinew. He happily began munching away at his fresh kill, still warm and delicious from having been alive only moments earlier.

~~~

(I was imagining Dusk as a general to a much larger, older dragon that mostly prefers staying hidden away and having his/her/its clan carry out the monotonous daily tasks of Jovia. If anyone would like to play this shadowy leader, please do! If not, I'll have Dusk attend the clan meet as its representative. Annelie and Annria will be the leaders of the Capri clan, and I'd prefer only orchestrating the leader(s) for one clan at a time.)
Jumping as the jingly dragon leaped down beside her, Thalassa eyed his attire with a mixture of curiosity and admiration. Only a smaller dragon with his golden and red coloring could have pulled off such an outfit, and the pearls woven into his gorget were finely arranged in a pattern that allowed the larger pearls around the front of the throat to cascade back with the smaller pearls dotting the nape of his neck. It does look quite stunning, Thalassa thought to herself, but padded on with Rosencrantz strolling beside her.

Her own attire paled in comparison to his, but she was proud of her birdskull collection, and colorful purple feathers to match. The large skull forming her mask had been carefully smoothed on the inside to fit comfortably against her head, and large vibrant feathers stuck out the back of it, masking her own articulating batlike ears and rustling as she moved. Twine and beads strung together decorations around her wings, with the same vibrant feathers ending each strand. Though it looked complicated, the design was simple enough that it allowed her to easily fly and maneuver around. Her final piece was a loose hanging fetish of birdskulls and purple charms. The small feathers woven into the necklace were said to have medicinal properties for the wearer when worn close to the heart. This decoration was usually on her being at all times, though she had picked up the mask and wing decorations from her stash before she'd gone to see Gloria.

As they reached the training grounds, Thalassa watched with interest at the younger dragon sparring with Blu. She'd never seen Blu fight, in fact she couldn't recall having seen the massive golden dragon anywhere before. Despite their limited interaction, however, Thalassa couldn't help liking the gentle giant. Gentle, that is, until she watched him scuffle with his opponent. "I doubt the little one could harm Blu. Size is an important difference in a fight. Though, he does seem to be trying his best..." Her voice drifted off as they approached Dusk, on the other side of the training grounds.

~

Blu's opponent was a green scaled male with pale gold markings spotting his body, and a large stripe ran from his muzzle down to the end of his tail. He was growing frustrated at Blu's wing battering, and decided to spring forward straight into the attack. Roaring with frustration, he threw himself forward into it's expanse, crumpling the wing against Blu's body and sending them both into a tussle. The small green male was quickly enveloped in Blu's considerable size, and soon he was tumbling head over heels surrounded by the large dragon, having no idea which way was up and which was down. He curled into a ball, covering his vulnerable belly, and waited for the ground to find him.

~

Dusk watched the dragons scuffle, and examined the crowd gathering to watch. They needed to leave soon, to make the clan meet by dusk. The sun was already sinking in the sky, floating towards the horizon like a leaf awaiting the inevitable brush with the ground. It would take them a good few hours of flying to reach the massive Sky Tree, and he was still grumpy about allowing Thalassa to go with them. Rosencrantz had made a good case for her, however, and he trusted the clever dragon's judgment.

Shifting his balance from one foot to the other, stretching his wings in preparation for flight, he pondered the conflict that Thalassa presented him. He knew she was ready to breed, yet she still lacked eggs. The unpredictability of females like her made him uncertain how she would react if her female instinct to mate struck at an inopportune time and clouded her judgment during this delicate time of egg thievery. He would keep a strict eye on her during their interactions with the other clans, and if she showed any interest in the males of other clans, he would be sure to make this the only time she went out on a clan flight for a long time.

Dusk noticed the female in question approaching with Rosencrantz, and made it a point to give Thalassa a steady disapproving look whenever he could. "Ah, good. You look ready to go, Rosencrantz. I wonder how many pearls one dragon could possibly adorn theirself with." He glanced over the outfit of the pearl-clad dragon, "Did you weave that yourself?" Pointedly ignoring Thalassa for the moment, he addressed Rosencrantz with an authoritative, deep voice that seemed to boom over the shouts and cries of the training grounds. Most dragons were too engrossed in watching the fight to turn to him, though they could probably hear his every word. He had the ability to turn heads and be heard over a battlefield of ruckus, an ability that came in quite handy when drilling orders into the soldiers he commanded.

He wondered if the Jovia leader would show themself for the meet, as they had known about it for many days now. As the right-hand dragon to their shadowy leader, however, Dusk was prepared to attend the meet in their stead.
Jumping as the jingly dragon leaped down beside her, Thalassa eyed his attire with a mixture of curiosity and admiration. Only a smaller dragon with his golden and red coloring could have pulled off such an outfit, and the pearls woven into his gorget were finely arranged in a pattern that allowed the larger pearls around the front of the throat to cascade back with the smaller pearls dotting the nape of his neck. It does look quite stunning, Thalassa thought to herself, but padded on with Rosencrantz strolling beside her.

Her own attire paled in comparison to his, but she was proud of her birdskull collection, and colorful purple feathers to match. The large skull forming her mask had been carefully smoothed on the inside to fit comfortably against her head, and large vibrant feathers stuck out the back of it, masking her own articulating batlike ears and rustling as she moved. Twine and beads strung together decorations around her wings, with the same vibrant feathers ending each strand. Though it looked complicated, the design was simple enough that it allowed her to easily fly and maneuver around. Her final piece was a loose hanging fetish of birdskulls and purple charms. The small feathers woven into the necklace were said to have medicinal properties for the wearer when worn close to the heart. This decoration was usually on her being at all times, though she had picked up the mask and wing decorations from her stash before she'd gone to see Gloria.

As they reached the training grounds, Thalassa watched with interest at the younger dragon sparring with Blu. She'd never seen Blu fight, in fact she couldn't recall having seen the massive golden dragon anywhere before. Despite their limited interaction, however, Thalassa couldn't help liking the gentle giant. Gentle, that is, until she watched him scuffle with his opponent. "I doubt the little one could harm Blu. Size is an important difference in a fight. Though, he does seem to be trying his best..." Her voice drifted off as they approached Dusk, on the other side of the training grounds.

~

Blu's opponent was a green scaled male with pale gold markings spotting his body, and a large stripe ran from his muzzle down to the end of his tail. He was growing frustrated at Blu's wing battering, and decided to spring forward straight into the attack. Roaring with frustration, he threw himself forward into it's expanse, crumpling the wing against Blu's body and sending them both into a tussle. The small green male was quickly enveloped in Blu's considerable size, and soon he was tumbling head over heels surrounded by the large dragon, having no idea which way was up and which was down. He curled into a ball, covering his vulnerable belly, and waited for the ground to find him.

~

Dusk watched the dragons scuffle, and examined the crowd gathering to watch. They needed to leave soon, to make the clan meet by dusk. The sun was already sinking in the sky, floating towards the horizon like a leaf awaiting the inevitable brush with the ground. It would take them a good few hours of flying to reach the massive Sky Tree, and he was still grumpy about allowing Thalassa to go with them. Rosencrantz had made a good case for her, however, and he trusted the clever dragon's judgment.

Shifting his balance from one foot to the other, stretching his wings in preparation for flight, he pondered the conflict that Thalassa presented him. He knew she was ready to breed, yet she still lacked eggs. The unpredictability of females like her made him uncertain how she would react if her female instinct to mate struck at an inopportune time and clouded her judgment during this delicate time of egg thievery. He would keep a strict eye on her during their interactions with the other clans, and if she showed any interest in the males of other clans, he would be sure to make this the only time she went out on a clan flight for a long time.

Dusk noticed the female in question approaching with Rosencrantz, and made it a point to give Thalassa a steady disapproving look whenever he could. "Ah, good. You look ready to go, Rosencrantz. I wonder how many pearls one dragon could possibly adorn theirself with." He glanced over the outfit of the pearl-clad dragon, "Did you weave that yourself?" Pointedly ignoring Thalassa for the moment, he addressed Rosencrantz with an authoritative, deep voice that seemed to boom over the shouts and cries of the training grounds. Most dragons were too engrossed in watching the fight to turn to him, though they could probably hear his every word. He had the ability to turn heads and be heard over a battlefield of ruckus, an ability that came in quite handy when drilling orders into the soldiers he commanded.

He wondered if the Jovia leader would show themself for the meet, as they had known about it for many days now. As the right-hand dragon to their shadowy leader, however, Dusk was prepared to attend the meet in their stead.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16