Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@Hydria (I'm so sorry for the late reply!)
Eris briefly flinched, not knowing what to do. It had been along time since she had to use her maternal instincts; Eris had no idea where to start. Hesitantly, she unfurled a wing and patted the hatchling's back in what she hoped was a comforting gesture. The poor thing was so young! And to be subjected to such a horrible event? Eris felt an overwhelming need to help however she could.
"Shh, shh. It's okay. Do you have a name? Mine is Eris," she said softly, hoping to console him at least a little. So many questions were flying through her brain, but Eris didn't want to scare him any more by interrogating him right off the bat. For now, she would start small.
@Hydria (I'm so sorry for the late reply!)
Eris briefly flinched, not knowing what to do. It had been along time since she had to use her maternal instincts; Eris had no idea where to start. Hesitantly, she unfurled a wing and patted the hatchling's back in what she hoped was a comforting gesture. The poor thing was so young! And to be subjected to such a horrible event? Eris felt an overwhelming need to help however she could.
"Shh, shh. It's okay. Do you have a name? Mine is Eris," she said softly, hoping to console him at least a little. So many questions were flying through her brain, but Eris didn't want to scare him any more by interrogating him right off the bat. For now, she would start small.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
  • she / they
  • fr +2
  • rp friendly
@Calicoradio
Mivri looked up at her and tried to wipe away his tears before responding in a tiny voice: "M-Mivri..."

(Sorry it's so short XD)
@Calicoradio
Mivri looked up at her and tried to wipe away his tears before responding in a tiny voice: "M-Mivri..."

(Sorry it's so short XD)
waterfull.png
She giggled at his sarcasm. Guro knew she was an awful person, her past transgressions have made her realize that much. Guro flinched back when Silas shoved the final egg in her face. She wasn't above charity, so without a second thought she chomped down on the egg, savoring the taste in her mouth. Once she swallowed she smiled to him, "Thank you, it was rather good. Even if it was small I'd say it was worth getting beat up by a bunch of birds for it." she managed to tease him once again.

Guro was never used to others wanting to be around her, as a wanderer herself she understood that it could get quite lonely. Never knowing when you would run into another dragon again. She was sure that unlike her, he had the luxury of not having a bounty over his head. She had been exiled from many clans because of her immoral crimes, but what she got from committing them was worth it.

The forest had gotten quiet, she could sometimes hear something large moving a fair aways from them occasionally, but she was sure that it was just the other dragons from the caravan hunting. They were in the same boat as her when it came to hunger. The trees stood tall over them both as they went. After a few minutes they ended up at a small river that lead into a small clearing. The piebald dragoness stopped in her tracks, she hadn't had a drink of water in a while either.

“It’s not food but water is still good.” she said mostly to herself as she squated down, taking a handful of water and began to quietly drink. After taking another handful she noticed movement in the corner of her eye, she didn’t dare move as she looked over. A few long minutes and two deer slowly made their way to the river, a doe and a buck. Their eyes heavily alert to their surroundings, only the doe dared to take a drink as the male kept his head up, his ears turning slightly trying to catch every sound.

Guro grinned, how fortunate for her and Silas. Quietly, she leaned over to him and whispered into his ear, “Looks like we got the luck of the draw it seems.” she said not taking her eyes off of the pair. Soon the buck started to lower his guard and walk towards the river, but he didn’t go for a drink as he neared the water's edge. Guro stuck out like a sore-thumb in the forest have\ing pure white and deep red colouring, only her cloak with deep teal hues manage to help her blend in with the surroundings, how companion however blended in much better into the environment than she ever could.

“Say, Silas.” she said, her voice still in a whisper, “You seem more agile than me, what do you say you sneak around them and then we could ambush them?” she offered. She thought her plan was pretty good, she wasn’t very sneaky but she was swift and rather hard hitter. If they played their cards right they could get both deer to call their own.
(@EmeraldDragon13)
She giggled at his sarcasm. Guro knew she was an awful person, her past transgressions have made her realize that much. Guro flinched back when Silas shoved the final egg in her face. She wasn't above charity, so without a second thought she chomped down on the egg, savoring the taste in her mouth. Once she swallowed she smiled to him, "Thank you, it was rather good. Even if it was small I'd say it was worth getting beat up by a bunch of birds for it." she managed to tease him once again.

Guro was never used to others wanting to be around her, as a wanderer herself she understood that it could get quite lonely. Never knowing when you would run into another dragon again. She was sure that unlike her, he had the luxury of not having a bounty over his head. She had been exiled from many clans because of her immoral crimes, but what she got from committing them was worth it.

The forest had gotten quiet, she could sometimes hear something large moving a fair aways from them occasionally, but she was sure that it was just the other dragons from the caravan hunting. They were in the same boat as her when it came to hunger. The trees stood tall over them both as they went. After a few minutes they ended up at a small river that lead into a small clearing. The piebald dragoness stopped in her tracks, she hadn't had a drink of water in a while either.

“It’s not food but water is still good.” she said mostly to herself as she squated down, taking a handful of water and began to quietly drink. After taking another handful she noticed movement in the corner of her eye, she didn’t dare move as she looked over. A few long minutes and two deer slowly made their way to the river, a doe and a buck. Their eyes heavily alert to their surroundings, only the doe dared to take a drink as the male kept his head up, his ears turning slightly trying to catch every sound.

Guro grinned, how fortunate for her and Silas. Quietly, she leaned over to him and whispered into his ear, “Looks like we got the luck of the draw it seems.” she said not taking her eyes off of the pair. Soon the buck started to lower his guard and walk towards the river, but he didn’t go for a drink as he neared the water's edge. Guro stuck out like a sore-thumb in the forest have\ing pure white and deep red colouring, only her cloak with deep teal hues manage to help her blend in with the surroundings, how companion however blended in much better into the environment than she ever could.

“Say, Silas.” she said, her voice still in a whisper, “You seem more agile than me, what do you say you sneak around them and then we could ambush them?” she offered. She thought her plan was pretty good, she wasn’t very sneaky but she was swift and rather hard hitter. If they played their cards right they could get both deer to call their own.
(@EmeraldDragon13)
(Hey everyone, I figured out the subscribe button, so you don't need to ping me anymore. xD I'm getting double notifications for things, makes me think I'm way more popular than I am. Post for @EmeraldDragon13!)

Blu listened, tilting his head slightly as he watched Thalassa pace back and forth in agitation. He noted the pauses, the inhalations, the sudden movements like tiny explosions of motion as she rushed through parts of her story. There was pain there, but also anger. He had heard Dusk refer to her as a unstable cliff that could crumble at any time, but he wondered if Thalassa was more like a volcano, whose early tremors of violence would reach boiling point again and again. Volcanoes were not soothed by tiptoeing. They were an inevitable force of nature that one needed to be wise to.

A sad smile spread slowly over his face as she finished, flicking the dirt from her claws. "I would not want to meet you in battle," he said truthfully. Uncurling his coiled mass, he fanned his wings out, inadvertently showering her with water. "There's a nice beach near here with - oh, I'm sorry. Maybe you had better take off first."
(Hey everyone, I figured out the subscribe button, so you don't need to ping me anymore. xD I'm getting double notifications for things, makes me think I'm way more popular than I am. Post for @EmeraldDragon13!)

Blu listened, tilting his head slightly as he watched Thalassa pace back and forth in agitation. He noted the pauses, the inhalations, the sudden movements like tiny explosions of motion as she rushed through parts of her story. There was pain there, but also anger. He had heard Dusk refer to her as a unstable cliff that could crumble at any time, but he wondered if Thalassa was more like a volcano, whose early tremors of violence would reach boiling point again and again. Volcanoes were not soothed by tiptoeing. They were an inevitable force of nature that one needed to be wise to.

A sad smile spread slowly over his face as she finished, flicking the dirt from her claws. "I would not want to meet you in battle," he said truthfully. Uncurling his coiled mass, he fanned his wings out, inadvertently showering her with water. "There's a nice beach near here with - oh, I'm sorry. Maybe you had better take off first."
@Hydria (It's fine lol)

Eris breathed a quiet sigh of relief. He was okay enough to speak; that was always a good sign, right? The purple dragon tried to organize her train of thought, sorting the questions into a more coherent order.
"Mivri? That's a nice name. Now, do you have any siblings?" Eris asked, hoping the answer was a no. One stranded, orphaned hatchling was bad enough. A full nest of them would be... She didn't want to think about it.
Her eyes trailed from Mivri's shaking form to the carnage and held back a shudder. It was an utterly disgusting waste of life, seeing as the killer left practically all of the body behind. If she had had other hatchlings, any of them could have tried to follow Mivri out here and would be seconds away from seeing this. But what if they got lost? What if they stumbled upon the hunter? What if the hunter came back here, knowing the dragon was a mother and returning for the hatchlings they knew would come? It was highly unlikely, but Eris couldn't stop wondering. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Eris asked a follow-up question.
"Can you lead me back to your nest?" This way she could make sure everything was fine if he actually had siblings and get them away from the site of the death simultaneously. Eris knew she was probably being paranoid, but this whole ordeal freaked her out.
@Hydria (It's fine lol)

Eris breathed a quiet sigh of relief. He was okay enough to speak; that was always a good sign, right? The purple dragon tried to organize her train of thought, sorting the questions into a more coherent order.
"Mivri? That's a nice name. Now, do you have any siblings?" Eris asked, hoping the answer was a no. One stranded, orphaned hatchling was bad enough. A full nest of them would be... She didn't want to think about it.
Her eyes trailed from Mivri's shaking form to the carnage and held back a shudder. It was an utterly disgusting waste of life, seeing as the killer left practically all of the body behind. If she had had other hatchlings, any of them could have tried to follow Mivri out here and would be seconds away from seeing this. But what if they got lost? What if they stumbled upon the hunter? What if the hunter came back here, knowing the dragon was a mother and returning for the hatchlings they knew would come? It was highly unlikely, but Eris couldn't stop wondering. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Eris asked a follow-up question.
"Can you lead me back to your nest?" This way she could make sure everything was fine if he actually had siblings and get them away from the site of the death simultaneously. Eris knew she was probably being paranoid, but this whole ordeal freaked her out.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
  • she / they
  • fr +2
  • rp friendly
[Sorry if my posts are slow in coming, holiday baking and all...

Hey @EmeraldDragon13 and bellancawings, are Blu and Thalassa part of Lanis, or a different clan? I might have missed it, but I didn't see any sign of their membership... I'm thinking of introducing an older female to the group surrounding them, but I don't want to overload the Lanis cast, in case more clans appear later.

bellancawings, I'm also curious about what kind and amount of magic you see being part of this story. So far it seems like no one's been interested in giving their characters any magic, but the female I mentioned may be doing some scrying if that's cool.]

bellancawings, @MalaikaKupanda

It took Grendel a few breaths to process the information. The exhilaration of his victory was quickly tamped by the necessity of understanding the intimidating lord’s orders. In truth, he hadn’t considered that the eggs they were after might be all in one place. He had assumed that he and his small band would abduct eggs from one clan at a time, with Grendel performing his distraction in each territory.

He had been exaggerating when he claimed they had a chance at getting every egg. His usual tactics for keeping a mother’s eyes off her nest would only grant the younger raiders a count of 30 or 40 breaths in which to grab as many as they could, so even if they staked out different zones, it would be difficult to get them all. On top of that, allowing an alarm to be raised while the raid was ongoing was extremely risky, even suicidal, for those involved. Why would the shrewd strategist towering over him take such a risk?

Grendel was surprised how quickly an answer came to him. If the raid happened during the meeting, and struck every clan, Lanis could feign having taken an equal share of the damage, and the other clans would never suspect that the egg thieves were among them. And if an alarm was raised during the meet, Khaldonius could probably use the confusion to his advantage somehow. He smothered the thought, appalled by the idea that he might be thinking like the gilded general. He had never thought of himself as being good at strategy, but suddenly the game Khaldonius was playing with the other clans seemed disturbingly familiar.

For the second time in as many conversations, Grendel nearly missed the most important part of his superior’s order. A lieutenant? And he was to give the order to Orion himself? As desperately as he wished to regain a shred of status within the clan, he had no illusions about what would happen if he pretended to have authority over the other scouts. Even if Khaldonius backed him up, the clan snake would become even more hated. He looked apprehensively at the metal scout, then back at the gilded king more than double his size, and decided he would rather risk Orion’s anger than Khaldonius’.

“I do not deserve such an honor, but I will do my best to earn it, your eminence.” He bowed, touching his snout to the ground, then rose and slunk off to break the news to Orion. The metal seemed suspicious, so Grendel did his best to downplay the role he’d been given. “Orion, my comrade… Lord Khaldonius has blessed us with a chance to honor Lanis. He has told me that tonight, during the meet, we are to raid the nests of the clans camping near the Sky Tree. He chose you to lead the hunt for eggs, while I will keep the broodmothers away from their nests.” He bowed again, more rapidly and not as deeply as for the higher-ranking commander. Enough, he hoped, to assure Orion that he had received the more honorable task.
[Sorry if my posts are slow in coming, holiday baking and all...

Hey @EmeraldDragon13 and bellancawings, are Blu and Thalassa part of Lanis, or a different clan? I might have missed it, but I didn't see any sign of their membership... I'm thinking of introducing an older female to the group surrounding them, but I don't want to overload the Lanis cast, in case more clans appear later.

bellancawings, I'm also curious about what kind and amount of magic you see being part of this story. So far it seems like no one's been interested in giving their characters any magic, but the female I mentioned may be doing some scrying if that's cool.]

bellancawings, @MalaikaKupanda

It took Grendel a few breaths to process the information. The exhilaration of his victory was quickly tamped by the necessity of understanding the intimidating lord’s orders. In truth, he hadn’t considered that the eggs they were after might be all in one place. He had assumed that he and his small band would abduct eggs from one clan at a time, with Grendel performing his distraction in each territory.

He had been exaggerating when he claimed they had a chance at getting every egg. His usual tactics for keeping a mother’s eyes off her nest would only grant the younger raiders a count of 30 or 40 breaths in which to grab as many as they could, so even if they staked out different zones, it would be difficult to get them all. On top of that, allowing an alarm to be raised while the raid was ongoing was extremely risky, even suicidal, for those involved. Why would the shrewd strategist towering over him take such a risk?

Grendel was surprised how quickly an answer came to him. If the raid happened during the meeting, and struck every clan, Lanis could feign having taken an equal share of the damage, and the other clans would never suspect that the egg thieves were among them. And if an alarm was raised during the meet, Khaldonius could probably use the confusion to his advantage somehow. He smothered the thought, appalled by the idea that he might be thinking like the gilded general. He had never thought of himself as being good at strategy, but suddenly the game Khaldonius was playing with the other clans seemed disturbingly familiar.

For the second time in as many conversations, Grendel nearly missed the most important part of his superior’s order. A lieutenant? And he was to give the order to Orion himself? As desperately as he wished to regain a shred of status within the clan, he had no illusions about what would happen if he pretended to have authority over the other scouts. Even if Khaldonius backed him up, the clan snake would become even more hated. He looked apprehensively at the metal scout, then back at the gilded king more than double his size, and decided he would rather risk Orion’s anger than Khaldonius’.

“I do not deserve such an honor, but I will do my best to earn it, your eminence.” He bowed, touching his snout to the ground, then rose and slunk off to break the news to Orion. The metal seemed suspicious, so Grendel did his best to downplay the role he’d been given. “Orion, my comrade… Lord Khaldonius has blessed us with a chance to honor Lanis. He has told me that tonight, during the meet, we are to raid the nests of the clans camping near the Sky Tree. He chose you to lead the hunt for eggs, while I will keep the broodmothers away from their nests.” He bowed again, more rapidly and not as deeply as for the higher-ranking commander. Enough, he hoped, to assure Orion that he had received the more honorable task.
OVI5Wp2.gif
(Cool with me! I've always been more of a fan of breathweapons, but a little bit of magic wouldn't go awry. Also, I pictured Blu and Thalassa being of a different clan, perhaps Jovia?)

Khaldonius watched Grendel slink off and nodded to himself, thinking. The thief was clever, but his capital in the clan was undoubtedly an obstacle. That was part of what Khaldonius' plan had been when he took over Lanis and let his ambitions be known; by giving the errant males of other clans a place within his own, he took their smartest, their angriest, and their wiliest, all for the small price of a space to call home. It was one of the many changes he had wrought which the broodmothers did not like.

Convincing them had taken time, and for that, Alouette was invaluable. The little green had been born a Lanis and was descended from a strong line of flight leads; she had turned her nose to every male seeking to court her, and at first, young Khaldonius was no exception. Many of the broodmothers respected her blood and she was widely regarded as the mate of the next lord, so winning her affections had been absolutely vital to Khaldonius' reign. When he found out she was barren, he had found his way in.

The green in question had turned back to him, her bright eyes sparkling with flirty pleasure. As she pranced back to his side, the great white spread his wings and reared back on to his hind legs. Already, it was growing dark in the canyon, sunlight cut off from the high walls. He would need to prepare his escort for the next step.

"Good luck," he called to the scouts, then jumped into the air. Alouette flitted like a sparrow around him, singing a ditty she had made up on the spot:

Quick, cries the falon
Slow, says the dove,
For every minute is an hour to him
As he feeds upon the clove
Alas, as the falcon dove
The dove cried out to see,
"If only I'd been faster
He never would have eaten me!"
(Cool with me! I've always been more of a fan of breathweapons, but a little bit of magic wouldn't go awry. Also, I pictured Blu and Thalassa being of a different clan, perhaps Jovia?)

Khaldonius watched Grendel slink off and nodded to himself, thinking. The thief was clever, but his capital in the clan was undoubtedly an obstacle. That was part of what Khaldonius' plan had been when he took over Lanis and let his ambitions be known; by giving the errant males of other clans a place within his own, he took their smartest, their angriest, and their wiliest, all for the small price of a space to call home. It was one of the many changes he had wrought which the broodmothers did not like.

Convincing them had taken time, and for that, Alouette was invaluable. The little green had been born a Lanis and was descended from a strong line of flight leads; she had turned her nose to every male seeking to court her, and at first, young Khaldonius was no exception. Many of the broodmothers respected her blood and she was widely regarded as the mate of the next lord, so winning her affections had been absolutely vital to Khaldonius' reign. When he found out she was barren, he had found his way in.

The green in question had turned back to him, her bright eyes sparkling with flirty pleasure. As she pranced back to his side, the great white spread his wings and reared back on to his hind legs. Already, it was growing dark in the canyon, sunlight cut off from the high walls. He would need to prepare his escort for the next step.

"Good luck," he called to the scouts, then jumped into the air. Alouette flitted like a sparrow around him, singing a ditty she had made up on the spot:

Quick, cries the falon
Slow, says the dove,
For every minute is an hour to him
As he feeds upon the clove
Alas, as the falcon dove
The dove cried out to see,
"If only I'd been faster
He never would have eaten me!"
@bellancawings [i]Hi Mind if I Join?[/i] DharSii was a self imposed outcast. He didn't belong to a clan, nor did he care to. Politics, in his own opinion, were to corrupt and messy. He had enough trust issues without having to worry about being stabbed in the back for petty slights, or someone else's own advancement in the hierarchy. DharSii was a bit of a cynic. He doesn't particularly care for company, most likely due to a disdain for small talk and useless chatter, and the chronic stupidity that sadly seemed to infect many individuals in any and all intelligent races. He traveled the borders and outskirts of the clans and their territories, avoiding any and all settlements as much as possible. So as he trekked through the dense foliage of the forest he couldn't help but ask himself 'WHY' he was currently still putting up with the little nuisance of a tag along that had been following him for the past three days. The Infuriating little nuisance in question was a little hatchling, who had by some holly (Or more like unholy in DharSii's opinion) intervention hatched from an abandoned egg, and had been somehow surviving on his own for a little less than a week until DharSii had had the misfortune of stumbling upon the little menace. The tiny terror talked about some of the most ridiculous things, and DharSii was starting to suspect the little monster was somehow completely immune to toxic plants and animals (which is probably the only reason the hatchling is still alive now that he thinks about it). He was certain of one thing though, there was something defiantly wrong with the hatchling, and not just in it's head. ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Nico was happy, at first he was all by hiss lonesome, and he didn't have AAAAAAAAAANNNYYYYYYYONE to talk to. But now he had Sii (Who kept saying to call him DharSii because Sii just sounded stupid but Nico didn't really care) and Sii was just the coolest. He didn't talk much but that was fine because Nico could talk enough for the both of them. Nico loved to bounce along behind Sii just like a bunny. Nico liked bunnies, they were soft and cuddly, and had fluffy little tails, and it tasted really yummy to bite their heads off. Nico liked frogs too, especially the brightly colored ones Sii said to stay away from, Nico didn't really get what Sii meant by poisonous, but the brightly colored frogs always tasted supper yummy, even if Sii gave him strange looks when he ate them. Sii could be silly sometimes, I mean really how could a little frog make anyone sick? Nico decided Sii was a little odd. But that's okay because Sii was his friend, even if he freaked out when Nico ate Something that Sii claimed was supposed to make you sick, or got weirded out when Nico mimicked his every move because it was fun, or got moody when Nico woke up before mister sunshine and jumped o him until he woke up. But it was fine cause just like Nico said, Sii was his bestest friend in the whole wide world. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/288250/28824971_350.png[/img] < DharSii [img]http://i.imgur.com/ni0S9qR.png[/img] < Nico
@bellancawings
Hi Mind if I Join?

DharSii was a self imposed outcast. He didn't belong to a clan, nor did he care to. Politics, in his own opinion, were to corrupt and messy. He had enough trust issues without having to worry about being stabbed in the back for petty slights, or someone else's own advancement in the hierarchy. DharSii was a bit of a cynic. He doesn't particularly care for company, most likely due to a disdain for small talk and useless chatter, and the chronic stupidity that sadly seemed to infect many individuals in any and all intelligent races. He traveled the borders and outskirts of the clans and their territories, avoiding any and all settlements as much as possible. So as he trekked through the dense foliage of the forest he couldn't help but ask himself 'WHY' he was currently still putting up with the little nuisance of a tag along that had been following him for the past three days. The Infuriating little nuisance in question was a little hatchling, who had by some holly (Or more like unholy in DharSii's opinion) intervention hatched from an abandoned egg, and had been somehow surviving on his own for a little less than a week until DharSii had had the misfortune of stumbling upon the little menace. The tiny terror talked about some of the most ridiculous things, and DharSii was starting to suspect the little monster was somehow completely immune to toxic plants and animals (which is probably the only reason the hatchling is still alive now that he thinks about it). He was certain of one thing though, there was something defiantly wrong with the hatchling, and not just in it's head.

Nico was happy, at first he was all by hiss lonesome, and he didn't have AAAAAAAAAANNNYYYYYYYONE to talk to. But now he had Sii (Who kept saying to call him DharSii because Sii just sounded stupid but Nico didn't really care) and Sii was just the coolest. He didn't talk much but that was fine because Nico could talk enough for the both of them. Nico loved to bounce along behind Sii just like a bunny. Nico liked bunnies, they were soft and cuddly, and had fluffy little tails, and it tasted really yummy to bite their heads off. Nico liked frogs too, especially the brightly colored ones Sii said to stay away from, Nico didn't really get what Sii meant by poisonous, but the brightly colored frogs always tasted supper yummy, even if Sii gave him strange looks when he ate them. Sii could be silly sometimes, I mean really how could a little frog make anyone sick? Nico decided Sii was a little odd. But that's okay because Sii was his friend, even if he freaked out when Nico ate Something that Sii claimed was supposed to make you sick, or got weirded out when Nico mimicked his every move because it was fun, or got moody when Nico woke up before mister sunshine and jumped o him until he woke up. But it was fine cause just like Nico said, Sii was his bestest friend in the whole wide world.

28824971_350.png < DharSii

ni0S9qR.png < Nico
(@Manticore4 Ahhh I love them both already! :D I can't wait to see where they go from here!)

Scrunched up beside the piebald dragon Guro, Silas examined the surroundings and planned his method for attack. The deer weren't upwind of them, but he could tell which direction was... He would approach from where they would never smell him. His shiny golden scales, fortunately, shone only in the sunlight. In a forest as thick as this one, he could reflect the greens, browns, and yellows of the forest around him. As long as he avoided shafts of sunlight he was, well, golden .

Grinning at his chances to have some fun, he whispered back to Guro, "You're wish is my command, m'lady~" He snuck backwards and practically disappeared into the forest.

He crept around, downwind of the deer, dodging slim shafts of sunlight and examining the forest floor for anything that would crunch. It took him some time, but eventually he got around to the other side of the deer, putting them in between him and Guro. He hoped she'd be able to catch them when they bolted, and snag them both a meal. He would try to catch one himself, of course, but his claws were... Well, smaller than hers. He preferred smaller targets, swooping down and picking up an unsuspecting rabbit or fox. Deer were a delicacy he often had trouble killing or catching.

Thankfully, he wasn't alone. Creeping up on the deer, he saw that the doe had finished her drink and was gazing anxiously around while the buck took a few sips before jolting his head up, ears twitching. Then he would bend to drink again. Silas waited until the doe crept forward for more water, then leaped forward, claws outstretched toward her. The doe, who was closer, let out a screech as his golden claws gripped at her hide, tearing small lacerations into her haunches and causing her flight response to jolt her away, nearly running into the buck. He bolted the other way, with Silas attempting to drag the doe back... but the strong deer pulled him after her mate.

Both deer bolted down the stream towards where Guro was waiting, Silas riding the back of the doe like a cowboy who's lassoed a calf and was dragged along for the ride. "Woo-oo-ooah! Dinner is served!" He whooped.

(@LazyChimera would you like me to keep pinging you? I've subscribed to the thread but I don't mind being pinged since it let's me know when I have an interaction to read.)

~~~

Thalassa shook the water off her after Blu's wings drenched her upon opening. The cold droplets instantly cooled her temperature she'd so carefully brought to an equilibrium while sunbathing,and she was eager to move around the regain some of that warmth in the tunnels.

"Thank you for your offer, beaches are nice to relax at. I've got a mission to attend to, but maybe afterwards I could seek you out?" Thalassa headed toward the caves, then turned back to the coiled blue dragon, "will you be part of the flight attending the meeting?" She asked curiously.
(@Manticore4 Ahhh I love them both already! :D I can't wait to see where they go from here!)

Scrunched up beside the piebald dragon Guro, Silas examined the surroundings and planned his method for attack. The deer weren't upwind of them, but he could tell which direction was... He would approach from where they would never smell him. His shiny golden scales, fortunately, shone only in the sunlight. In a forest as thick as this one, he could reflect the greens, browns, and yellows of the forest around him. As long as he avoided shafts of sunlight he was, well, golden .

Grinning at his chances to have some fun, he whispered back to Guro, "You're wish is my command, m'lady~" He snuck backwards and practically disappeared into the forest.

He crept around, downwind of the deer, dodging slim shafts of sunlight and examining the forest floor for anything that would crunch. It took him some time, but eventually he got around to the other side of the deer, putting them in between him and Guro. He hoped she'd be able to catch them when they bolted, and snag them both a meal. He would try to catch one himself, of course, but his claws were... Well, smaller than hers. He preferred smaller targets, swooping down and picking up an unsuspecting rabbit or fox. Deer were a delicacy he often had trouble killing or catching.

Thankfully, he wasn't alone. Creeping up on the deer, he saw that the doe had finished her drink and was gazing anxiously around while the buck took a few sips before jolting his head up, ears twitching. Then he would bend to drink again. Silas waited until the doe crept forward for more water, then leaped forward, claws outstretched toward her. The doe, who was closer, let out a screech as his golden claws gripped at her hide, tearing small lacerations into her haunches and causing her flight response to jolt her away, nearly running into the buck. He bolted the other way, with Silas attempting to drag the doe back... but the strong deer pulled him after her mate.

Both deer bolted down the stream towards where Guro was waiting, Silas riding the back of the doe like a cowboy who's lassoed a calf and was dragged along for the ride. "Woo-oo-ooah! Dinner is served!" He whooped.

(@LazyChimera would you like me to keep pinging you? I've subscribed to the thread but I don't mind being pinged since it let's me know when I have an interaction to read.)

~~~

Thalassa shook the water off her after Blu's wings drenched her upon opening. The cold droplets instantly cooled her temperature she'd so carefully brought to an equilibrium while sunbathing,and she was eager to move around the regain some of that warmth in the tunnels.

"Thank you for your offer, beaches are nice to relax at. I've got a mission to attend to, but maybe afterwards I could seek you out?" Thalassa headed toward the caves, then turned back to the coiled blue dragon, "will you be part of the flight attending the meeting?" She asked curiously.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
(Dvati-inspired dragon leaders - harmony, knowledge, understanding. Two bodies with one soul, these Dragons lead a small clan of Dragons bound together from an understanding that knowledge is key, and harmony can be maintained as long as the knowing ones are aware of the responsibility of holding such knowledge. The passage of time was slow for such Dragons that sought the truth so readily, so thirsty. A longer time to uncover as much knowledge as possible was a gift sought after by many, but only achieved by few.

The impressively white Dragons possessed golden horns, feet, and runes etched into their sides. The scales seemed to grow around these runes, letting pure light pour from the ancient language. Dragons bestowed with such runes were granted abilities to restore balance to the world, and a curse to constantly seek knowledge. Frequently called upon to record and predict history, these oracles possessed the power to heal, see the heart of those being studied, and a symbol of their vast knowledge that was also their greatest weakness.

In the splitting of one's soul, Annelie and Annria had, at birth, been able to read each other, magically, forever. For they were two minds and bodies, but their soul remained one. Each felt what the other felt, reacted the way the other reacted, and felt pain as the other encountered it. They were two, but one. Using their thirst for knowledge, they often sided with different aspects of the debate at hand and reasoned for both sides, gaining a thorough understanding from each side of the issue. Often taking on more than one viewpoint led them to a more informed decision, and thus they maintained harmony and balance to the lives around them. Though their bodies were weak alone, together and with the help of many joined along the way, Annelie and Annnria kept the clan of lore keepers and oracles held together and strong, but poorly understood to the dragons outside their clan. Special abilities were feared to those who didn't understand, and many kept away from their mysterious ways.)

(D&D 3.5 Dvati race description: http://alcyius.com/dndtools/races/dragon-compendium--109/dvati--31/index.html

@bellancawings would you be okay with a character like this as one of the four clan leaders (or leader of some neutral clan)? They've got some interesting dynamic to add, but what do you think as far as the whole twin bodies one soul thing? And the magic inherited through knowledge of history and ancient languages? The idea is one I've really been interested in since reading about them from this Dungeons and Dragons description)
(Dvati-inspired dragon leaders - harmony, knowledge, understanding. Two bodies with one soul, these Dragons lead a small clan of Dragons bound together from an understanding that knowledge is key, and harmony can be maintained as long as the knowing ones are aware of the responsibility of holding such knowledge. The passage of time was slow for such Dragons that sought the truth so readily, so thirsty. A longer time to uncover as much knowledge as possible was a gift sought after by many, but only achieved by few.

The impressively white Dragons possessed golden horns, feet, and runes etched into their sides. The scales seemed to grow around these runes, letting pure light pour from the ancient language. Dragons bestowed with such runes were granted abilities to restore balance to the world, and a curse to constantly seek knowledge. Frequently called upon to record and predict history, these oracles possessed the power to heal, see the heart of those being studied, and a symbol of their vast knowledge that was also their greatest weakness.

In the splitting of one's soul, Annelie and Annria had, at birth, been able to read each other, magically, forever. For they were two minds and bodies, but their soul remained one. Each felt what the other felt, reacted the way the other reacted, and felt pain as the other encountered it. They were two, but one. Using their thirst for knowledge, they often sided with different aspects of the debate at hand and reasoned for both sides, gaining a thorough understanding from each side of the issue. Often taking on more than one viewpoint led them to a more informed decision, and thus they maintained harmony and balance to the lives around them. Though their bodies were weak alone, together and with the help of many joined along the way, Annelie and Annnria kept the clan of lore keepers and oracles held together and strong, but poorly understood to the dragons outside their clan. Special abilities were feared to those who didn't understand, and many kept away from their mysterious ways.)

(D&D 3.5 Dvati race description: http://alcyius.com/dndtools/races/dragon-compendium--109/dvati--31/index.html

@bellancawings would you be okay with a character like this as one of the four clan leaders (or leader of some neutral clan)? They've got some interesting dynamic to add, but what do you think as far as the whole twin bodies one soul thing? And the magic inherited through knowledge of history and ancient languages? The idea is one I've really been interested in since reading about them from this Dungeons and Dragons description)
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16