Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private: A Tricky Love Story
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61
@Shaynalie

Lynne chuckled."We're taught how to hide our emotions. It's key to certain jobs and since Zeza is queen she has to be good at everything."

Lynne watched her sister with the prince. The two had stopped and were talking to someone who was currently sewing some leather together. Lynne couldn't tell what they were making, but Zeza was very interested.
@Shaynalie

Lynne chuckled."We're taught how to hide our emotions. It's key to certain jobs and since Zeza is queen she has to be good at everything."

Lynne watched her sister with the prince. The two had stopped and were talking to someone who was currently sewing some leather together. Lynne couldn't tell what they were making, but Zeza was very interested.
91Quden.png
@pbg146

Eve made an acknowledging sound; learning to hide your emotions, that was something guards were expected to learn as well. Actually, guards were expected to not have emotions at all, that's when mistakes were made. She watched the two interact right along with Lynne, her mind surprisingly blank. Maybe she was finally somewhat picking up the art of blocking things out. "How long will you be here?" she asked, not taking her eyes off the sewer's hands.
@pbg146

Eve made an acknowledging sound; learning to hide your emotions, that was something guards were expected to learn as well. Actually, guards were expected to not have emotions at all, that's when mistakes were made. She watched the two interact right along with Lynne, her mind surprisingly blank. Maybe she was finally somewhat picking up the art of blocking things out. "How long will you be here?" she asked, not taking her eyes off the sewer's hands.

49764245082_62af8d5b79_m.jpg
@Shaynalie

"We're hoping until spring. Our winter home was destroyed by raiders recently and the shamans say that this winter is going to be extremely harsh. So far every other kingdom has turned us down, which I don't blame them. We're a clan of assassins."Lynne shrugged a bit.
@Shaynalie

"We're hoping until spring. Our winter home was destroyed by raiders recently and the shamans say that this winter is going to be extremely harsh. So far every other kingdom has turned us down, which I don't blame them. We're a clan of assassins."Lynne shrugged a bit.
91Quden.png
@pbg146

Eve was torn between thinking the other kingdoms were right to turn them down and thinking that maybe they could all stand to learn something from one another. "Who destroyed your winter home? Do you know?" She couldn't believe she was making conversation with this girl, but she didn't seem like a threat. At least, not right now.
@pbg146

Eve was torn between thinking the other kingdoms were right to turn them down and thinking that maybe they could all stand to learn something from one another. "Who destroyed your winter home? Do you know?" She couldn't believe she was making conversation with this girl, but she didn't seem like a threat. At least, not right now.

@Shaynalie

Lynne shook her head. "I have no idea. We just had two dozen of our people come into camp one day, badly injured and dieing. My mother says they were raiders, but the way she describes them...."she shuddered. "They sounded like demons."

@Shaynalie

Lynne shook her head. "I have no idea. We just had two dozen of our people come into camp one day, badly injured and dieing. My mother says they were raiders, but the way she describes them...."she shuddered. "They sounded like demons."

91Quden.png
@pbg146

Eve pursed her lips in thought at that tidbit of information. Maybe the clan of assassins had killed the wrong person and brought some serious terror down on themselves, and she disliked hearing the word 'demons'; they gave those with somewhat innocuous powers, like she herself, a bad name because they generally caused death and destruction wherever they went. She let out a sigh. "I'm sorry that happened," she offered, knowing it fixed nothing but also knowing she meant it to be comforting. This girl seemed nice enough.
@pbg146

Eve pursed her lips in thought at that tidbit of information. Maybe the clan of assassins had killed the wrong person and brought some serious terror down on themselves, and she disliked hearing the word 'demons'; they gave those with somewhat innocuous powers, like she herself, a bad name because they generally caused death and destruction wherever they went. She let out a sigh. "I'm sorry that happened," she offered, knowing it fixed nothing but also knowing she meant it to be comforting. This girl seemed nice enough.

@Shaynalie

Lynne smiled softly."Thank you."

Zeza and Rolin finally moved on and continued on with their tour.

Lynne had gone quiet as she thought a couple things over. Her father had been killed and they'd never gotten a chance to go back and bury any of the bodies. She took a deep breath to get her emotions back into check.
@Shaynalie

Lynne smiled softly."Thank you."

Zeza and Rolin finally moved on and continued on with their tour.

Lynne had gone quiet as she thought a couple things over. Her father had been killed and they'd never gotten a chance to go back and bury any of the bodies. She took a deep breath to get her emotions back into check.
91Quden.png
@pbg146

Eve noticed the slight change in the girl's expression; she and Eli swapped a look. She'd clearly thought of something uncomfortable, but was it their place to really ask about it? "...something happened when your winter home was invaded?" she said quietly, not totally prodding for an answer but inquiring anyway. Eli was now paying enough attention to the conversation to remember anything Lynne volunteered, in case either he or Eve needed it later.
@pbg146

Eve noticed the slight change in the girl's expression; she and Eli swapped a look. She'd clearly thought of something uncomfortable, but was it their place to really ask about it? "...something happened when your winter home was invaded?" she said quietly, not totally prodding for an answer but inquiring anyway. Eli was now paying enough attention to the conversation to remember anything Lynne volunteered, in case either he or Eve needed it later.

@Shaynalie

Lynne was silent for a moment, looking at the ground. "There were roughly 200 people living there, mostly old folks who had retired from the nomadic lifestyle and families with young children. As far as we know, the two dozen who came to us are the only survivors." she spoke softly, her voice heavy with grief.
@Shaynalie

Lynne was silent for a moment, looking at the ground. "There were roughly 200 people living there, mostly old folks who had retired from the nomadic lifestyle and families with young children. As far as we know, the two dozen who came to us are the only survivors." she spoke softly, her voice heavy with grief.
91Quden.png
@pbg146

"Oh," Eve said in a quiet, apologetic voice. No matter who was lost, the death of 150-plus people must've been a terrible loss, especially to a nomadic clan who's members were somewhat spread out. "I'm really sorry. Is that why you guys came here? I don't know how Rolin and the family could help."
@pbg146

"Oh," Eve said in a quiet, apologetic voice. No matter who was lost, the death of 150-plus people must've been a terrible loss, especially to a nomadic clan who's members were somewhat spread out. "I'm really sorry. Is that why you guys came here? I don't know how Rolin and the family could help."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61