Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Leverage OC RP -Private-
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
@socialbookworm

"I actually wouldn't mind you coming on my walk with me. I like you, which is saying something, at least, coming from me, 'cuz I don't really like people. And I can't imagine that running after eating would feel very good," Pepper said, stuttering a little.

---

"Honestly," he said, his voice suddenly getting serious, "anything you can tell me. But more specifically, why are they so opposed to outsiders? Why do they have that wall?"
@socialbookworm

"I actually wouldn't mind you coming on my walk with me. I like you, which is saying something, at least, coming from me, 'cuz I don't really like people. And I can't imagine that running after eating would feel very good," Pepper said, stuttering a little.

---

"Honestly," he said, his voice suddenly getting serious, "anything you can tell me. But more specifically, why are they so opposed to outsiders? Why do they have that wall?"
AVcm6cm.gifSFt2mV6.pngehvITcG.gifAk5NINa.png+1 FR Time
@Pixieknight3264

"Great," Joan said, starting at a jog, literally running circles around the other woman, making sure to stay close enough that conversation was easy. Occasionally, she jogged backwards, "I was going to grab breakfast for the boys when I was done. They don't get up this early anyways."

----

Caleb sighed and leaned against the wall. "I'm surprised you haven't figured it out," the grifter said, "The murder of the Bellamy family was huge news at the time. On both sides of law. The Bellamy family was a fairly well known mafia group after all. That's all that I can tell you about without breaking their confidence. They've been through a lot after that, but that's what started it all."

He leaned a little bit heavier against the wall, taking another drink from his coffee. Joan had probably just headed out on her normal run, and he'd wait for her out here.
@Pixieknight3264

"Great," Joan said, starting at a jog, literally running circles around the other woman, making sure to stay close enough that conversation was easy. Occasionally, she jogged backwards, "I was going to grab breakfast for the boys when I was done. They don't get up this early anyways."

----

Caleb sighed and leaned against the wall. "I'm surprised you haven't figured it out," the grifter said, "The murder of the Bellamy family was huge news at the time. On both sides of law. The Bellamy family was a fairly well known mafia group after all. That's all that I can tell you about without breaking their confidence. They've been through a lot after that, but that's what started it all."

He leaned a little bit heavier against the wall, taking another drink from his coffee. Joan had probably just headed out on her normal run, and he'd wait for her out here.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@socialbookworm

"I'm not surprised," Pepper said. She tried to avoid following Joan with her gaze when she could. All her circling was making her dizzy. "Normally I wouldn't even be up right now, but I must've forgotten to grab some dinner, again, so my stomach threw a little tantrum this morning. Anyways, how do you feel about this job Mr. Casper wants us to do? Everyone was cutting you off in the coffeehouse yesterday."

---

Tyler gave a loud groan right into the phone.

"I didn't even realize that they were related," he said. "I really am stupid. And don't comment on that." Tyler ran his open hand along his face and sighed. This explained a lot.

"Well, I just have one last question for you then. Why has Joan, I don't think connected is the right word, with Pepper so well?"
@socialbookworm

"I'm not surprised," Pepper said. She tried to avoid following Joan with her gaze when she could. All her circling was making her dizzy. "Normally I wouldn't even be up right now, but I must've forgotten to grab some dinner, again, so my stomach threw a little tantrum this morning. Anyways, how do you feel about this job Mr. Casper wants us to do? Everyone was cutting you off in the coffeehouse yesterday."

---

Tyler gave a loud groan right into the phone.

"I didn't even realize that they were related," he said. "I really am stupid. And don't comment on that." Tyler ran his open hand along his face and sighed. This explained a lot.

"Well, I just have one last question for you then. Why has Joan, I don't think connected is the right word, with Pepper so well?"
@Pixieknight3264

"The job itself sounds simple," Joan allowed, "In and out. But Mr. Casper is just too clean. I can't find anything wrong with him. Everyone has their secrets, and I find people who work harder to hide them have darker ones."

She slowed down and started to walk next to Pepper, her breath was barely uneven. "I won't trust him until I know what his is."

----

"Me? Comment on something?" Caleb said dryly, "Never."

He dropped his empty cup in a trash can, and leaned against the wall again. "I wouldn't say she even likes Pepper right now."
@Pixieknight3264

"The job itself sounds simple," Joan allowed, "In and out. But Mr. Casper is just too clean. I can't find anything wrong with him. Everyone has their secrets, and I find people who work harder to hide them have darker ones."

She slowed down and started to walk next to Pepper, her breath was barely uneven. "I won't trust him until I know what his is."

----

"Me? Comment on something?" Caleb said dryly, "Never."

He dropped his empty cup in a trash can, and leaned against the wall again. "I wouldn't say she even likes Pepper right now."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@socialbookworm

Pepper nodded. "I understand. I don't really trust him either, but I've sorta been in his situation before. I can try to look into him more if you want. See if, well, what he's hiding."

---

"Well they seem to be chatting it up right now," Tyler responded.
@socialbookworm

Pepper nodded. "I understand. I don't really trust him either, but I've sorta been in his situation before. I can try to look into him more if you want. See if, well, what he's hiding."

---

"Well they seem to be chatting it up right now," Tyler responded.
@pixieknight3264

"I would appreciate that," Joan said, "Even if it's not connected to the job. Breakfast at that bakery?" She pointed to a small hole in the wall bakery.

----

Caleb raised an eyebrow even through the other grifter couldn't see it. "And you would know how? Tell me your not following them and I'll answer your question."
@pixieknight3264

"I would appreciate that," Joan said, "Even if it's not connected to the job. Breakfast at that bakery?" She pointed to a small hole in the wall bakery.

----

Caleb raised an eyebrow even through the other grifter couldn't see it. "And you would know how? Tell me your not following them and I'll answer your question."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@socialbookworm

"Definetely. I can smell their bread from clear over here," Pepper said. She started to walk toward the bakery.

---

"I'm not so low as to follow ladies on their morning stroll," Tyler retorted. "They happened to pass under my window in the hotel I'm staying in."
@socialbookworm

"Definetely. I can smell their bread from clear over here," Pepper said. She started to walk toward the bakery.

---

"I'm not so low as to follow ladies on their morning stroll," Tyler retorted. "They happened to pass under my window in the hotel I'm staying in."
@Pixieknight3264

Joan followed after her, pulling the door open, enjoying the jingling of the bell that rang out. She strode inside, glancing around for threats on instinct, but the bakery was empty. She headed for the display of donuts and muffins, already picking out which ones to pick up for Caleb and Joseph.

"Can I help you?" a voice called out.

----

Caleb blinked, and turned when the hotel room door opened, and Joseph stepped out. The thief yawned, and slid down the wall, leaning against Caleb's leg to join him in the wait for Joan.

"Talking doesn't equal affection," Caleb said, "I made the same mistake when I first met her. She'll talk your ear off, but never say anything important. And the minute a crisis hits, she's gone, already tracking down those she actually cares about to make sure they're safe. She's probably just trying to get a read on Pepper. It'll take at least a near death experience together before Joan even begins to approach the other woman truthfully."
@Pixieknight3264

Joan followed after her, pulling the door open, enjoying the jingling of the bell that rang out. She strode inside, glancing around for threats on instinct, but the bakery was empty. She headed for the display of donuts and muffins, already picking out which ones to pick up for Caleb and Joseph.

"Can I help you?" a voice called out.

----

Caleb blinked, and turned when the hotel room door opened, and Joseph stepped out. The thief yawned, and slid down the wall, leaning against Caleb's leg to join him in the wait for Joan.

"Talking doesn't equal affection," Caleb said, "I made the same mistake when I first met her. She'll talk your ear off, but never say anything important. And the minute a crisis hits, she's gone, already tracking down those she actually cares about to make sure they're safe. She's probably just trying to get a read on Pepper. It'll take at least a near death experience together before Joan even begins to approach the other woman truthfully."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@socialbookworm

"Oh, yes. I'll have one of those Poppy Seed Muffins," Pepper said as she pulled some cash out of her wallet.

---

Tyler nodded. "That actually makes some sense. Maybe they would have been fast friends if we were all 'normal'," he mumbled into the phone.
@socialbookworm

"Oh, yes. I'll have one of those Poppy Seed Muffins," Pepper said as she pulled some cash out of her wallet.

---

Tyler nodded. "That actually makes some sense. Maybe they would have been fast friends if we were all 'normal'," he mumbled into the phone.
@Pixieknight3264

Joan picked out a dozen donuts and sevetal muffins as well, and payed with cash. The teen that came out took their money and handed them what they wanted. Joan hummed in thanks, and headed back to the hotel.

----

Caleb laughed, startling Joseph, "I don't think Joan can be normal. Maybe less paranoid but never normal."
@Pixieknight3264

Joan picked out a dozen donuts and sevetal muffins as well, and payed with cash. The teen that came out took their money and handed them what they wanted. Joan hummed in thanks, and headed back to the hotel.

----

Caleb laughed, startling Joseph, "I don't think Joan can be normal. Maybe less paranoid but never normal."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11