Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [After Being Exalted] - Open
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@DoppelBia
((Where are the other groups?))
@DoppelBia
((Where are the other groups?))
@101nightshade101
((I have a dragon with each of the other RPers here; Cephei, Ursa, Starbeam and Nadya are in Arcane lands, near the observatory. Jagiya and Blackberry are in Water territory, near the Fishspine Reef, and Almighty, Arash and Patariki are currently flying above the Sea of a Thousand Currents, also in Water territory. Since you said your dergs were on the edge of Shadow lands, the Sea would be the closest part, but you could always go somewhere else. Sornieth is big **. ^-^))
@101nightshade101
((I have a dragon with each of the other RPers here; Cephei, Ursa, Starbeam and Nadya are in Arcane lands, near the observatory. Jagiya and Blackberry are in Water territory, near the Fishspine Reef, and Almighty, Arash and Patariki are currently flying above the Sea of a Thousand Currents, also in Water territory. Since you said your dergs were on the edge of Shadow lands, the Sea would be the closest part, but you could always go somewhere else. Sornieth is big **. ^-^))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@DoppelBia
((What about flight relations? I don't really have any ideas how my dragons would behave toward other flights.))
@DoppelBia
((What about flight relations? I don't really have any ideas how my dragons would behave toward other flights.))
@101nightshade101
((It depends a lot. I based mine on their flight lore, dom behavior and clan lore.))

((Long post ahead!))

((Dom: Since the 3 I have now are from Wind (even if Almighty was exalted to the Icewarden in here he's still a wind-born), I based their attitudes on it. Wind rarely does dom pushes, so they're friendly towards other flights. From what I know, Shadow isn't very dom driven either, but I don't think they'd be as friendly as wind. But if they're preparing for a dom push now, it might be interesting to see your exalts a bit more aggressive.
Flight: Wind is known as the flight of messengers, so my dergs know where they're going. Shadow is the trickster flight, so they'd be playful and stuff.
Clan: I've always had a good idea of how my clan lore works. The 3 I'm using were born in a time of lighter rules, under Drakath's wing, when I was from Wind. This would make them a lot more friendly than, say, a Lightning-born from a strict clan, or even my recent exalts, now that my clan leader changed and I'm in Arcane.
You can also take in account your dragons' personal attitudes and views on life. Cephei is serious, Jagiya is caring, and Almighty is just plain silly. So that's also important.))

((In short terms, Shadow isn't very dom competitive, and usually plays pranks instead of fighting, but this can change depending on who your dragons are and what sort of clan they came from.))
@101nightshade101
((It depends a lot. I based mine on their flight lore, dom behavior and clan lore.))

((Long post ahead!))

((Dom: Since the 3 I have now are from Wind (even if Almighty was exalted to the Icewarden in here he's still a wind-born), I based their attitudes on it. Wind rarely does dom pushes, so they're friendly towards other flights. From what I know, Shadow isn't very dom driven either, but I don't think they'd be as friendly as wind. But if they're preparing for a dom push now, it might be interesting to see your exalts a bit more aggressive.
Flight: Wind is known as the flight of messengers, so my dergs know where they're going. Shadow is the trickster flight, so they'd be playful and stuff.
Clan: I've always had a good idea of how my clan lore works. The 3 I'm using were born in a time of lighter rules, under Drakath's wing, when I was from Wind. This would make them a lot more friendly than, say, a Lightning-born from a strict clan, or even my recent exalts, now that my clan leader changed and I'm in Arcane.
You can also take in account your dragons' personal attitudes and views on life. Cephei is serious, Jagiya is caring, and Almighty is just plain silly. So that's also important.))

((In short terms, Shadow isn't very dom competitive, and usually plays pranks instead of fighting, but this can change depending on who your dragons are and what sort of clan they came from.))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia @Hurricanesong
"Relations?" Patariki's antennae flicked backwards while he thought. "We've never been on particularly bad terms with the Tidelord's children, but Ice--"

"--has never needed alliances," Arash cut in, fins flat, "least of all with such an unreliable Flight."

The Skydancer snorted. "Ice has allied with Light plenty of times, and Wind as well. The Icefields might be isolated, but we are not." He switched tacks abruptly, spiralling to look at the Guardian beneath them-- was that a Fae with her, or some sort of aquatic familiar? (Couldn't be Arash's shadow, the angle was wrong and they moved independently besides.) "Do we have exact coordinates for a meeting, or does Lord Smallears expect us to somehow find this other flurry in the vastness of the sea on our own?" he murmured, barely audible over the wind his wings kicked up. Orders were secondary to new information, at least for now.

((*nudges two groups together*))
@DoppelBia @Hurricanesong
"Relations?" Patariki's antennae flicked backwards while he thought. "We've never been on particularly bad terms with the Tidelord's children, but Ice--"

"--has never needed alliances," Arash cut in, fins flat, "least of all with such an unreliable Flight."

The Skydancer snorted. "Ice has allied with Light plenty of times, and Wind as well. The Icefields might be isolated, but we are not." He switched tacks abruptly, spiralling to look at the Guardian beneath them-- was that a Fae with her, or some sort of aquatic familiar? (Couldn't be Arash's shadow, the angle was wrong and they moved independently besides.) "Do we have exact coordinates for a meeting, or does Lord Smallears expect us to somehow find this other flurry in the vastness of the sea on our own?" he murmured, barely audible over the wind his wings kicked up. Orders were secondary to new information, at least for now.

((*nudges two groups together*))
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
@Loquaciousky
@DoppelBia
Zaruis sniffed at the scroll she had been given when she volunteered to be exalted, along with two of her offspring. It was mostly to find a way to get rid of Orange, that ugly hatchling. Lonis had went out to find food, and returned with a bounty of plants. Her ember mouse nestled in her mane. She examined the scroll closely. Something about going to the sea? Yep. "Lonis! Orange! Time to take a trip to the beach!" They traveled.
Hours had past, and they arrived. Nobody was there. The party sent to meet them must have gotten lost or something. Lonis found a place to sleep for the night, and the ember mouse found a place in a log. They slept in shifts.
@Loquaciousky
@DoppelBia
Zaruis sniffed at the scroll she had been given when she volunteered to be exalted, along with two of her offspring. It was mostly to find a way to get rid of Orange, that ugly hatchling. Lonis had went out to find food, and returned with a bounty of plants. Her ember mouse nestled in her mane. She examined the scroll closely. Something about going to the sea? Yep. "Lonis! Orange! Time to take a trip to the beach!" They traveled.
Hours had past, and they arrived. Nobody was there. The party sent to meet them must have gotten lost or something. Lonis found a place to sleep for the night, and the ember mouse found a place in a log. They slept in shifts.
@DoppelBia

Quick post without my usual format xD mobile is tricky.

Blackberry nodded. "Okay. I'll come back to this spot in a few minutes." With a twist and a quick flick of his tail and head fins, he spiraled downward, bubbles trailing behind him.

@DarkDragonfly
Ooooh, I spy plot twists ahead...
@DoppelBia

Quick post without my usual format xD mobile is tricky.

Blackberry nodded. "Okay. I'll come back to this spot in a few minutes." With a twist and a quick flick of his tail and head fins, he spiraled downward, bubbles trailing behind him.

@DarkDragonfly
Ooooh, I spy plot twists ahead...
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
The sun crept up from beneath the horizon, casting warm early dawn light on Focal Point. The cheerful sounds of Fallout Streaks chirping in the trees reached Ursa's ears. Her eyes fluttered open to see light pouring into the hut, and her sister sleeping almost on top of her. Nadya dozed peacefully in the corner. For a while she forgot all that had transpired in the past few days and simply enjoyed morning calm.

Thoughts of yesterday's events soon returned to her mind, however. She hadn’t lasted long in that battle due to the poison, but she remembered the old Longneck and the nasty things he said about her and her kin. And Cephei, where did he go? Her eyes darted around the hut, but she spotted him just by the entrance, seeming to be lost in thought. Climbing out of the moss bed carefully as not to wake Starbeam, she walked over and stood by Cephei, hearing the words he half whispered. Her body was still sore from her injuries, but at least she could move and didn’t feel like she was going to throw up.

“Those words, I know them. I read them in an old dusty tome I found in the Arcanist’s library. It spoke of a dark magic that some Arcanites are born with. How do you know them?”

(( Incoming headcannon. :) ))

@DoppelBia
The sun crept up from beneath the horizon, casting warm early dawn light on Focal Point. The cheerful sounds of Fallout Streaks chirping in the trees reached Ursa's ears. Her eyes fluttered open to see light pouring into the hut, and her sister sleeping almost on top of her. Nadya dozed peacefully in the corner. For a while she forgot all that had transpired in the past few days and simply enjoyed morning calm.

Thoughts of yesterday's events soon returned to her mind, however. She hadn’t lasted long in that battle due to the poison, but she remembered the old Longneck and the nasty things he said about her and her kin. And Cephei, where did he go? Her eyes darted around the hut, but she spotted him just by the entrance, seeming to be lost in thought. Climbing out of the moss bed carefully as not to wake Starbeam, she walked over and stood by Cephei, hearing the words he half whispered. Her body was still sore from her injuries, but at least she could move and didn’t feel like she was going to throw up.

“Those words, I know them. I read them in an old dusty tome I found in the Arcanist’s library. It spoke of a dark magic that some Arcanites are born with. How do you know them?”

(( Incoming headcannon. :) ))

@DoppelBia
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

((let them headcanons come lol))

The Skydancer turned back quickly when he heard the Fae's voice.

"Ursa! What are you doing out here? You should be resting."

It was clear he was trying to be serious, but at the same time was happy to see her awake. Not that he'd admit it. After a few moments, Cephei sighed, and slowly walked up to her.

"So I got the pronunciation right? Huh... Well, I'm not sure if this is good or bad news, but your sister said those out loud. When the Longnecks' leader knocked you out, some sort of dark aura formed around her, and... Let out a meteor shower. Solidified magic just... raining down. Basically she saved us all. Scared the remaining Longnecks away, but she passed out after doing so. And apparently, she doesn't remember it."

He wasn't sure if he should tell her that, but for Windsinger's sake, she was Starbeam's sister. She deserved to know what she was capable of.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky @101nightshade101

((*is nudged*))

"Water's pretty reliable, from what I know."
Almighty pointed out. He had never worked with other Water exaltees, but he knew dragons born under that flight that were pretty down to earth, and they had put up some hard battles agaist Wind - ones that the Spiral loved to learn tales of when he was a hatchling.

"Hmm, no coordinates here... Perhaps we're the first ones to arrive. Should we go looki-"

Almighty lost track of what he was saying when he spotted some Tundras on the beach. He couldn't make out their eyes, but flew a little closer to the water to avoid being seen. Maybe they were the other icicles?
He looked down at the water again, just when the Guardian below them looked up - were those wind eyes? Ah, that made things a lot easier! Without a warning, he dove down almost in a straight line, and dipped his head on the water, trying to get the Guardian's attention. Maybe they'd know which flight the Tundras belonged to!

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

((know them feels, it takes about 10mins to answer everyone - and that's on my pc!))

The Fae was gone before she could answer, and Jagiya readied herself for a bigger dive. Her sense of direction was indeed good, but there were no close landmarks - watermarks? seamarks? - for her to use, so it had to be the sun.

The Guardian looked down, trying to sort out her sense of gravity, and then back up, to check the sun's position, when a Spiral dove in. He seemed ok, and more than just a little happy to see her.

"Hi, kite!"
Jagiya smiled, swimming in his direction. After all, the Spiral had wind eyes like herself, and it wasn't like every exaltee under the Windsinger's wing knew each other.
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

((let them headcanons come lol))

The Skydancer turned back quickly when he heard the Fae's voice.

"Ursa! What are you doing out here? You should be resting."

It was clear he was trying to be serious, but at the same time was happy to see her awake. Not that he'd admit it. After a few moments, Cephei sighed, and slowly walked up to her.

"So I got the pronunciation right? Huh... Well, I'm not sure if this is good or bad news, but your sister said those out loud. When the Longnecks' leader knocked you out, some sort of dark aura formed around her, and... Let out a meteor shower. Solidified magic just... raining down. Basically she saved us all. Scared the remaining Longnecks away, but she passed out after doing so. And apparently, she doesn't remember it."

He wasn't sure if he should tell her that, but for Windsinger's sake, she was Starbeam's sister. She deserved to know what she was capable of.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky @101nightshade101

((*is nudged*))

"Water's pretty reliable, from what I know."
Almighty pointed out. He had never worked with other Water exaltees, but he knew dragons born under that flight that were pretty down to earth, and they had put up some hard battles agaist Wind - ones that the Spiral loved to learn tales of when he was a hatchling.

"Hmm, no coordinates here... Perhaps we're the first ones to arrive. Should we go looki-"

Almighty lost track of what he was saying when he spotted some Tundras on the beach. He couldn't make out their eyes, but flew a little closer to the water to avoid being seen. Maybe they were the other icicles?
He looked down at the water again, just when the Guardian below them looked up - were those wind eyes? Ah, that made things a lot easier! Without a warning, he dove down almost in a straight line, and dipped his head on the water, trying to get the Guardian's attention. Maybe they'd know which flight the Tundras belonged to!

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

((know them feels, it takes about 10mins to answer everyone - and that's on my pc!))

The Fae was gone before she could answer, and Jagiya readied herself for a bigger dive. Her sense of direction was indeed good, but there were no close landmarks - watermarks? seamarks? - for her to use, so it had to be the sun.

The Guardian looked down, trying to sort out her sense of gravity, and then back up, to check the sun's position, when a Spiral dove in. He seemed ok, and more than just a little happy to see her.

"Hi, kite!"
Jagiya smiled, swimming in his direction. After all, the Spiral had wind eyes like herself, and it wasn't like every exaltee under the Windsinger's wing knew each other.
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@Hurricanesong @DoppelBia

"Oh, for the love of--" Arash dove after Almighty, backwinging abruptly when the Guardian's enormous head rose towards them; he hovered near the Spiral, fins pinned against his neck again. "What are you doing?" he hissed at the pale dragon. "I highly doubt this is who we're supposed to find, and we've kind of got a lot of ocean to go through."

Patariki drifted down more cautiously. While the glistening Guardian didn't seem hostile to Almighty-- no doubt his green eyes helped with that-- there was no way to tell how she would take an Ice dragon's sudden intrusion, let alone one as rude as Arash. At least one of them should have some distance if this meeting turned bloody.
@Hurricanesong @DoppelBia

"Oh, for the love of--" Arash dove after Almighty, backwinging abruptly when the Guardian's enormous head rose towards them; he hovered near the Spiral, fins pinned against his neck again. "What are you doing?" he hissed at the pale dragon. "I highly doubt this is who we're supposed to find, and we've kind of got a lot of ocean to go through."

Patariki drifted down more cautiously. While the glistening Guardian didn't seem hostile to Almighty-- no doubt his green eyes helped with that-- there was no way to tell how she would take an Ice dragon's sudden intrusion, let alone one as rude as Arash. At least one of them should have some distance if this meeting turned bloody.
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13