Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [After Being Exalted] - Open
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
((Second ping for @Loquaciousky and @DarkDragonfly))
((Second ping for @Loquaciousky and @DarkDragonfly))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@DoppelBia
((Sorry, work got chaotic D:))

The Skydancer tilted his head, watching the hatchling fly away. "Water... It's not autumn, so it can't be Saturnalia already. A battle or a truce, then? Or perhaps retrieving those like yourself--" the Skydancer's gaze shifted to Almighty-- "exalted to the Warden, if less able to make the flight across the sea..."

"Whatever the reason, we've a mission. Postulate in the air, please." Arash himself lifted off, backing away from the larger dragons to give them room to get airborne. Patariki flattened his ruff, chastened, but spread his wings and took to the sky.

((Feel free to skip to arriving at the Sea of a Thousand Currents, unless you want something to happen on the flight over. Did you want them to meet up with Jagiya's group?))
@DoppelBia
((Sorry, work got chaotic D:))

The Skydancer tilted his head, watching the hatchling fly away. "Water... It's not autumn, so it can't be Saturnalia already. A battle or a truce, then? Or perhaps retrieving those like yourself--" the Skydancer's gaze shifted to Almighty-- "exalted to the Warden, if less able to make the flight across the sea..."

"Whatever the reason, we've a mission. Postulate in the air, please." Arash himself lifted off, backing away from the larger dragons to give them room to get airborne. Patariki flattened his ruff, chastened, but spread his wings and took to the sky.

((Feel free to skip to arriving at the Sea of a Thousand Currents, unless you want something to happen on the flight over. Did you want them to meet up with Jagiya's group?))
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
@DoppelBia

"I understand what you are saying. Every time I invite a dragon from another flight into my care, I'm taking a risk that could cost me my life. But a wounded soldier is a wounded soldier, and to sit back and watch them die is something I can't bear to do."

She thought back to the various dragons she had helped during her time with the Arcanist. Most she had never seen again. A few had returned, either injured themselves or dragging someone behind them. All of them, however, had left feeling grateful for her kindness in their time of need. She was sure she was well known by now; she had earned the nickname "Angel of the War", although her other nickname, "Grandma Nadya", only the dragons from the Faes' clan called her that.

"I won't force to you think my way is right. It probably isn't." Nadya let out a yawn. The day had been long and she was worn out. Peeking out the hut window, the sky had begun to darken. Stars appeared one by one, and when the sky reached a dusky twilight, a shooting star blazed across the night. Smiling, Nadya wished for the safety of Starbeam, Ursa, and Cephei too, while on their journey.

"I think it's time to rest now. It's been a long day and you're probably tired from fighting and flying. Sometimes I think the Beastclans are the real threat, not our own kind. You are welcome to stay here with us." Nadya walked over to a corner of the hut and laid down. She curled up and rested her head on her forearms. She didn't fall asleep quite yet, but was slowly nodding off.
@DoppelBia

"I understand what you are saying. Every time I invite a dragon from another flight into my care, I'm taking a risk that could cost me my life. But a wounded soldier is a wounded soldier, and to sit back and watch them die is something I can't bear to do."

She thought back to the various dragons she had helped during her time with the Arcanist. Most she had never seen again. A few had returned, either injured themselves or dragging someone behind them. All of them, however, had left feeling grateful for her kindness in their time of need. She was sure she was well known by now; she had earned the nickname "Angel of the War", although her other nickname, "Grandma Nadya", only the dragons from the Faes' clan called her that.

"I won't force to you think my way is right. It probably isn't." Nadya let out a yawn. The day had been long and she was worn out. Peeking out the hut window, the sky had begun to darken. Stars appeared one by one, and when the sky reached a dusky twilight, a shooting star blazed across the night. Smiling, Nadya wished for the safety of Starbeam, Ursa, and Cephei too, while on their journey.

"I think it's time to rest now. It's been a long day and you're probably tired from fighting and flying. Sometimes I think the Beastclans are the real threat, not our own kind. You are welcome to stay here with us." Nadya walked over to a corner of the hut and laid down. She curled up and rested her head on her forearms. She didn't fall asleep quite yet, but was slowly nodding off.
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Cephei smiled at Nadya. It really was a noble task, and she seemed proud and happy with it. They were really very different, he thought. The Skydancer was known not for his strength, but for his strategies - and some could be ruthless. If he had been brought unconscious to Nadya, in the middle of a battle, Cephei would have probably fought the Tundra, if not killed her, after he was awake, thinking he had been kidnapped.

He didn't answer her last comment, lost in his own thoughts. Maybe he had been too cruel all these years? Flashes of battles crossed his mind, and one particular episode stuck to his head: a Guardian under his command had defied his authority, and Cephei didn't hesitate in punishing the other dragon, almost killing another Wind exaltee. Those flashbacks tired his mind more than the fight had tired his body, so the Skydancer laid down not too far from the two Faes, closing his eyes, and nodded at Nadya.

"Not so sure about that Beastclan threat thing. Never underestimate a... well-trained dragon."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

Jagiya almost giggled when Blackberry touched her nose. She'd often forget how different some breeds could be in size.

"I don't feel any different, but... Ok."

Still a little cautious, the Guardian dived in again, though just under the surface, and breathed in. It was odd, but she could stay like that just fine for a while. Her breed's traits were kicking in, and she was already feeling comfortable underwater.

"Let's go find your clan, Berry."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((don't worry ^-^ yes, that was the idea, to spice things up a little. that is, if you're ok with that))

"Wasn't the Saturnalia a few weeks ago? Dunno, I'm not good at keeping track of time. Either way, Water Flight ain't far, so let's go! Oh, this will be fun!"

Almighty leaped into the air, following Arash and Patariki in his trademark spiraling flight pattern. Not after long, they were flying over the Sea of a Thousand Currents. How the Spiral managed to stay quiet during the whole way there was a mystery.
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Cephei smiled at Nadya. It really was a noble task, and she seemed proud and happy with it. They were really very different, he thought. The Skydancer was known not for his strength, but for his strategies - and some could be ruthless. If he had been brought unconscious to Nadya, in the middle of a battle, Cephei would have probably fought the Tundra, if not killed her, after he was awake, thinking he had been kidnapped.

He didn't answer her last comment, lost in his own thoughts. Maybe he had been too cruel all these years? Flashes of battles crossed his mind, and one particular episode stuck to his head: a Guardian under his command had defied his authority, and Cephei didn't hesitate in punishing the other dragon, almost killing another Wind exaltee. Those flashbacks tired his mind more than the fight had tired his body, so the Skydancer laid down not too far from the two Faes, closing his eyes, and nodded at Nadya.

"Not so sure about that Beastclan threat thing. Never underestimate a... well-trained dragon."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

Jagiya almost giggled when Blackberry touched her nose. She'd often forget how different some breeds could be in size.

"I don't feel any different, but... Ok."

Still a little cautious, the Guardian dived in again, though just under the surface, and breathed in. It was odd, but she could stay like that just fine for a while. Her breed's traits were kicking in, and she was already feeling comfortable underwater.

"Let's go find your clan, Berry."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((don't worry ^-^ yes, that was the idea, to spice things up a little. that is, if you're ok with that))

"Wasn't the Saturnalia a few weeks ago? Dunno, I'm not good at keeping track of time. Either way, Water Flight ain't far, so let's go! Oh, this will be fun!"

Almighty leaped into the air, following Arash and Patariki in his trademark spiraling flight pattern. Not after long, they were flying over the Sea of a Thousand Currents. How the Spiral managed to stay quiet during the whole way there was a mystery.
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@Hurricanesong ScreenName: 101nightshade101 Dragon's Name: Zarius Picture/Description of Dragon: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132817/13281662_350.png?mtime=VZsM0QAB4IE.png[/img] Dragon's Flight: Shadow Other: Is a mage, exalted with two of her offspring. ScreenName: 101nightshade101 Dragon's Name: Lonis Picture/Description of Dragon: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/134171/13417035_350.png?mtime=VYBvLAABztk.png[/img] Dragon's Flight: Shadow Other: Offspring of Zarius, favored. Is the tank. ScreenName: 101nightshade101 Dragon's Name: Orange Picture/Description of Dragon: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146091/14609010_350.png?mtime=VZVK4QABoSQ.png[/img] Dragon's Flight: Shadow Other: Offspring of Zarius, is the distraction.
@Hurricanesong

ScreenName: 101nightshade101
Dragon's Name: Zarius
Picture/Description of Dragon: 13281662_350.png?mtime=VZsM0QAB4IE.png
Dragon's Flight: Shadow
Other: Is a mage, exalted with two of her offspring.

Dragon's Name: Lonis
Picture/Description of Dragon: 13417035_350.png?mtime=VYBvLAABztk.png
Other: Offspring of Zarius, favored. Is the tank.

Dragon's Name: Orange
Picture/Description of Dragon: 14609010_350.png?mtime=VZVK4QABoSQ.png
Other: Offspring of Zarius, is the distraction.
@DoppelBia
"You read the scroll; were there any instructions from the Warden beyond 'travel to the Sea,' Almighty?" Patariki tilted his head to look at the uncharacteristically-quiet Spiral.

Arash re-launched from between the Skydancer's wings-- his size made long-distance travel difficult, and he'd rested on the larger dragon long enough to regain his strength-- but ignored their conversation, instead peering into the depths. "Whatever our purpose, we'd best stay alert," he called back, fins twitching downwards. "This is enemy territory, and there's already at least one Guardian under us." The strange dragon's hide blended with the dark sea, but their-- her?-- wings were pale, shimmering and easy to see even though they were pulled against her sides as she swam.
@DoppelBia
"You read the scroll; were there any instructions from the Warden beyond 'travel to the Sea,' Almighty?" Patariki tilted his head to look at the uncharacteristically-quiet Spiral.

Arash re-launched from between the Skydancer's wings-- his size made long-distance travel difficult, and he'd rested on the larger dragon long enough to regain his strength-- but ignored their conversation, instead peering into the depths. "Whatever our purpose, we'd best stay alert," he called back, fins twitching downwards. "This is enemy territory, and there's already at least one Guardian under us." The strange dragon's hide blended with the dark sea, but their-- her?-- wings were pale, shimmering and easy to see even though they were pulled against her sides as she swam.
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry
Blackberry grinned back, somewhat hopefully. "Let's try this way first," he suggested, bubbles spinning around him as he twisted his tail and wings to stay in one place and pointed down and to their left. "Unless... do you have an idea? There's an awful lot of Reef to search.

@101Nightshade101
Pleased to meet you! Feel free to start RPing now, and I'll add your dragons to the front page as soon as possible.
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry
Blackberry grinned back, somewhat hopefully. "Let's try this way first," he suggested, bubbles spinning around him as he twisted his tail and wings to stay in one place and pointed down and to their left. "Unless... do you have an idea? There's an awful lot of Reef to search.

@101Nightshade101
Pleased to meet you! Feel free to start RPing now, and I'll add your dragons to the front page as soon as possible.
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@Hurricanesong Thanks!

Zaruis shook out her coat. She was at the edge of Shadow Flight territory, and was now traveling with her two children to lands unknown.
@Hurricanesong Thanks!

Zaruis shook out her coat. She was at the edge of Shadow Flight territory, and was now traveling with her two children to lands unknown.
@DoppelBia

Somewhere far off from the peaceful hut, a shadow ran briskly through the dark woods. Its silhouette was racing down the path, never stopping until it came to an ordinary rock wall. But the wall wasn't ordinary; the shadow walked forward into the wall and phased through it, disappearing to the other side. Inside, the shadow continued through dark cave hallways. At the end of the cave, it stopped, staff in hand, and bowed.

"My lords, I've come to report a very interesting development."

Two large beasts, one long-nosed and red-eyed, the other bearded and with fire in his eyes, raised their heads from their slumber and gazed without emotion at the creature below.

"Proceed.", the red-eyed beast spoke.

"First, our last ambush was unsuccessful. I am the only survivor."

A low growl rose in the bearded-one's throat and his eyes narrowed.

Shrinking back in fear, the shadow continued. "B... but for the reason I'm about to tell you! One of the dragons we fought, a Fae, it harnessed some strange dark magic and wiped us out. Flaming meteors rained from the sky at the sound of her words. Two others accompanied it, another Fae and a Skydancer, who were skilled fighters as well."

Both beasts looked at the creature thoughtfully, then smirked devilishly.

"You have done well, old fur, and will be rewarded for your loyalty. You will soon have this land purged of the scum you hate so much, but remember, this can only be achieved with our guidance. You would be nothing more than a common Beastclan without it. Go now and gather more troops. We have much to discuss."

The creature bowed again and quickly left the room. The two beasts stared at each other, smiling. Now this definitely was news, and it threatened to get in the way of their plans. Nothing was going to stop them from becoming supreme overlords of the land. Not even the Arcanist himself, who they despised. The Beastclans were nothing more than pawns in their grand scheme.
@DoppelBia

Somewhere far off from the peaceful hut, a shadow ran briskly through the dark woods. Its silhouette was racing down the path, never stopping until it came to an ordinary rock wall. But the wall wasn't ordinary; the shadow walked forward into the wall and phased through it, disappearing to the other side. Inside, the shadow continued through dark cave hallways. At the end of the cave, it stopped, staff in hand, and bowed.

"My lords, I've come to report a very interesting development."

Two large beasts, one long-nosed and red-eyed, the other bearded and with fire in his eyes, raised their heads from their slumber and gazed without emotion at the creature below.

"Proceed.", the red-eyed beast spoke.

"First, our last ambush was unsuccessful. I am the only survivor."

A low growl rose in the bearded-one's throat and his eyes narrowed.

Shrinking back in fear, the shadow continued. "B... but for the reason I'm about to tell you! One of the dragons we fought, a Fae, it harnessed some strange dark magic and wiped us out. Flaming meteors rained from the sky at the sound of her words. Two others accompanied it, another Fae and a Skydancer, who were skilled fighters as well."

Both beasts looked at the creature thoughtfully, then smirked devilishly.

"You have done well, old fur, and will be rewarded for your loyalty. You will soon have this land purged of the scum you hate so much, but remember, this can only be achieved with our guidance. You would be nothing more than a common Beastclan without it. Go now and gather more troops. We have much to discuss."

The creature bowed again and quickly left the room. The two beasts stared at each other, smiling. Now this definitely was news, and it threatened to get in the way of their plans. Nothing was going to stop them from becoming supreme overlords of the land. Not even the Arcanist himself, who they despised. The Beastclans were nothing more than pawns in their grand scheme.
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
((Sorry for the delay, peeps! Holiday got me busy with family stuff and little to no wi-fi this past week))

---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

It was nearly morning when Cephei woke up from his nap. It took him a couple minutes to remember where he was - Starbeam and Ursa, the Longnecks, Nadya - his wing! The Skydancer turned to his own wing, surprised to see it was almost fully healed. He took off the bandages, examining the tiny scar.

The others still seemed to be asleep, and the sun was almost rising. Cephei walked to the edge of the hut, admiring the sunrise, when a thought came to his mind. Starbeam had used a very rare and powerful magic attack agaist the Longnecks... a 'meteor shower'. How could she have done that? From what he knew, only the Arcanist's elite mages had such power... Cephei half-whispered the words she had used, trying to find out some meaning in them, but the language was odd.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

The Guardian smiled at Blackberry. He seemed to be much calmer now, and if it wasn't visible, she'd have forgotten about his wound already.

"We could try splitting up. You go that way, and I'll look this way. Wind dragons have a good sense of direction, so you don't have to worry about me getting lost. We don't have any dominance battles scheduled, but if something happens, I can take care of myself."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty picked up the scroll, previously coiled up in his tail, and opened it again.

"It says to fly to the Sea and wait further instructions. Apparently another troop of Icicles will join us here..."

The Spiral stared down at where Arash had pointed, nodding. He was used to dealing with Guardians on his day-by-day life, but fighting one was something entirely different.

"I don't mind scouting, if you're feeling unsafe. How are Water-Ice relations going? 'Cause I'm a little clueless about that."

---
@101nightshade101
((do you want me to put up Shadow exaltees or will you join a group in other flights' lands? Either way is fine with me ^-^))
((Sorry for the delay, peeps! Holiday got me busy with family stuff and little to no wi-fi this past week))

---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

It was nearly morning when Cephei woke up from his nap. It took him a couple minutes to remember where he was - Starbeam and Ursa, the Longnecks, Nadya - his wing! The Skydancer turned to his own wing, surprised to see it was almost fully healed. He took off the bandages, examining the tiny scar.

The others still seemed to be asleep, and the sun was almost rising. Cephei walked to the edge of the hut, admiring the sunrise, when a thought came to his mind. Starbeam had used a very rare and powerful magic attack agaist the Longnecks... a 'meteor shower'. How could she have done that? From what he knew, only the Arcanist's elite mages had such power... Cephei half-whispered the words she had used, trying to find out some meaning in them, but the language was odd.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

The Guardian smiled at Blackberry. He seemed to be much calmer now, and if it wasn't visible, she'd have forgotten about his wound already.

"We could try splitting up. You go that way, and I'll look this way. Wind dragons have a good sense of direction, so you don't have to worry about me getting lost. We don't have any dominance battles scheduled, but if something happens, I can take care of myself."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty picked up the scroll, previously coiled up in his tail, and opened it again.

"It says to fly to the Sea and wait further instructions. Apparently another troop of Icicles will join us here..."

The Spiral stared down at where Arash had pointed, nodding. He was used to dealing with Guardians on his day-by-day life, but fighting one was something entirely different.

"I don't mind scouting, if you're feeling unsafe. How are Water-Ice relations going? 'Cause I'm a little clueless about that."

---
@101nightshade101
((do you want me to put up Shadow exaltees or will you join a group in other flights' lands? Either way is fine with me ^-^))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png