Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [After Being Exalted] - Open
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
@DoppelBia

"The Floes can get a little crowded every now and then-- they're easy territory for those just striking out on their own-- but yes, most do rather enjoy their space."

"Have you ever seen the damage excessive handling can do to relics? Large clans are simply impractical." Arash's fins flicked. "Not that I'd expect northerners to care much. Light and Earth at least acknowledge the need to preserve history, but--"

"But yes," Patariki cut back in, "Icicles do tend to have smaller clans overall, and... hm. I'm not sure if anyone's ever done a proper census, but the Icefields are rather larger than some territories. It only figures they'd seem empty compared to a relatively small, highly-populated area like the Plateau."
@DoppelBia

"The Floes can get a little crowded every now and then-- they're easy territory for those just striking out on their own-- but yes, most do rather enjoy their space."

"Have you ever seen the damage excessive handling can do to relics? Large clans are simply impractical." Arash's fins flicked. "Not that I'd expect northerners to care much. Light and Earth at least acknowledge the need to preserve history, but--"

"But yes," Patariki cut back in, "Icicles do tend to have smaller clans overall, and... hm. I'm not sure if anyone's ever done a proper census, but the Icefields are rather larger than some territories. It only figures they'd seem empty compared to a relatively small, highly-populated area like the Plateau."
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
Starbeam looked at Cephei in confusion. "Do what? I remember blacking out after Ursa was hurt, but that's about it." She looked to Ursa for some explanation, but she had fallen unconscious again. Or maybe just asleep. As they approached Focal Point, Starbeam looked over Cephei's shoulder in order to get a better view. It wasn't long before she spotted Nadya tending her herb garden just under the cliff face. "Over there, Cephei!" She hopped of Cephei's back and spread her wings, gliding towards the Tundra. "Grandma Nadya! Hi!" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129211/12921032_350.png?mtime=VVCDeAACmKw.png[/img] The Water Flight Tundra looked up to see Starbeam stop in front of her and hover. "Starbeam, my darling! How have you been. And stop calling me Grandma. I'm not even close to being that old." She playfully chided the Fae. "Where's your sister, and who's that?" She gestured to Cephei. "Ursa is hurt! She got infected with Serthis poison. And that's Cephei. He helped us fend off some Beastclan and carried Ursa here." Nadya turned to the Skydancer and nodded. "Thank you sir for helping these two troublemakers out." She smiled. "Now we better get her looked at as soon as possible. Please follow me into my hut." @DoppelBia (( So sorry for such a late post! So many Rp's and real life things to do!. ))
Starbeam looked at Cephei in confusion. "Do what? I remember blacking out after Ursa was hurt, but that's about it." She looked to Ursa for some explanation, but she had fallen unconscious again. Or maybe just asleep.

As they approached Focal Point, Starbeam looked over Cephei's shoulder in order to get a better view. It wasn't long before she spotted Nadya tending her herb garden just under the cliff face. "Over there, Cephei!"

She hopped of Cephei's back and spread her wings, gliding towards the Tundra. "Grandma Nadya! Hi!"

12921032_350.png?mtime=VVCDeAACmKw.png

The Water Flight Tundra looked up to see Starbeam stop in front of her and hover.

"Starbeam, my darling! How have you been. And stop calling me Grandma. I'm not even close to being that old." She playfully chided the Fae. "Where's your sister, and who's that?" She gestured to Cephei.

"Ursa is hurt! She got infected with Serthis poison. And that's Cephei. He helped us fend off some Beastclan and carried Ursa here."

Nadya turned to the Skydancer and nodded. "Thank you sir for helping these two troublemakers out." She smiled. "Now we better get her looked at as soon as possible. Please follow me into my hut."

@DoppelBia (( So sorry for such a late post! So many Rp's and real life things to do!. ))
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

"You honestly don't remember? Dear Windsinger..."

Cephei was about to explain her 'meteor shower' when the Fae pointed out a purple Tundra by the cliff edge. When Starbeam leaped off his back, he quietly followed her.

"Mistress. Ursa fought really bravely, if I may say so. And so did her sister. But there were too many of them. If it wasn't for Starbeam's... um... move, we wouldn't have made out safely, at least not the three of us."

The Skydancer gave Nadya a small bow, and followed her into the hut. Ursa seemed unconscious again, so he glanced back at her.

"Were you, too, exalted to the Arcanist, Miss Nadya?"

((don't worry, I don't mind the wait ^-^ real life is always important, and I used to lose tons of RPs too lol))

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

She smiled at the Fae, seeing some of his energy fade away. This wasn't the first time Jagiya had heard of exaltees failing to find their old clanmates, but it was her first seeing it live.

"Alright, I'll leave it up to you. We can go to the Reef, or head out to the Steppes. But the most important thing now is to remain calm. I'm sure your family is fine."

The Guardian waved her tail upwards, still holding on to the egg.

"Plus, there's this to take care of too."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty nodded at their every word.

"True, true. I think that, tip to tip, the Icefields are the largest flight land... But then there's Dragonhome, and flying across that isn't easy... The Steppes are the place with most dragons out of all the Plateau, surprisingly. The clans are smaller but there's way more of those, Cloudsong has really large clans but not many. Mine was at what, 30-ish members when I left?"

The Spiral tilted his head at the Fae, flying a little bit closer and almost giggling at his face.

"You're not a guy of many friends, are you?"

---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

"You honestly don't remember? Dear Windsinger..."

Cephei was about to explain her 'meteor shower' when the Fae pointed out a purple Tundra by the cliff edge. When Starbeam leaped off his back, he quietly followed her.

"Mistress. Ursa fought really bravely, if I may say so. And so did her sister. But there were too many of them. If it wasn't for Starbeam's... um... move, we wouldn't have made out safely, at least not the three of us."

The Skydancer gave Nadya a small bow, and followed her into the hut. Ursa seemed unconscious again, so he glanced back at her.

"Were you, too, exalted to the Arcanist, Miss Nadya?"

((don't worry, I don't mind the wait ^-^ real life is always important, and I used to lose tons of RPs too lol))

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

She smiled at the Fae, seeing some of his energy fade away. This wasn't the first time Jagiya had heard of exaltees failing to find their old clanmates, but it was her first seeing it live.

"Alright, I'll leave it up to you. We can go to the Reef, or head out to the Steppes. But the most important thing now is to remain calm. I'm sure your family is fine."

The Guardian waved her tail upwards, still holding on to the egg.

"Plus, there's this to take care of too."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty nodded at their every word.

"True, true. I think that, tip to tip, the Icefields are the largest flight land... But then there's Dragonhome, and flying across that isn't easy... The Steppes are the place with most dragons out of all the Plateau, surprisingly. The clans are smaller but there's way more of those, Cloudsong has really large clans but not many. Mine was at what, 30-ish members when I left?"

The Spiral tilted his head at the Fae, flying a little bit closer and almost giggling at his face.

"You're not a guy of many friends, are you?"

OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@DoppelBia

"The easiest areas to live are, naturally, the most populous--" Patariki blinked, bemused, as Almighty advanced on poor Arash. The Fae had set his fins back again, but refused to relinquish his perch.

"What would I need friends for, you great worm? Small teams get much more work done than a whole galumphing pack of drakes."

"And we all know work is the most important thing in your life." The Skydancer chuckled, perhaps a little more entertained than he should be by his companion's discomfort. "Not, oh... serving the Warden, or preparing for festivals and battles, or bonding with new Flightmates..."

"Just because some of us are more dedicated to the preservation of--" Arash cut himself off with a quiet hiss, looking away. "You came here from the north, what would you understand?"
@DoppelBia

"The easiest areas to live are, naturally, the most populous--" Patariki blinked, bemused, as Almighty advanced on poor Arash. The Fae had set his fins back again, but refused to relinquish his perch.

"What would I need friends for, you great worm? Small teams get much more work done than a whole galumphing pack of drakes."

"And we all know work is the most important thing in your life." The Skydancer chuckled, perhaps a little more entertained than he should be by his companion's discomfort. "Not, oh... serving the Warden, or preparing for festivals and battles, or bonding with new Flightmates..."

"Just because some of us are more dedicated to the preservation of--" Arash cut himself off with a quiet hiss, looking away. "You came here from the north, what would you understand?"
Nadya picked Ursa up off of Cephei's back and carefully layed her on the soft moss bed she had made for patients. As she rustled through bottles of elixirs and dried herbs, she thought about Cephei's question.

"Yes, I was. I don't mind though. I think this whole dominance thing is just plain silly. Dragons beating each other up over who's better. Causing unnecessary bloodshed and death. I believe it doesn't matter what flight you are from. You still deserve the same care and compassion as any other Flight."

She found the bottle she was looking for and popped it open. A sweet fragrance filled the air, much like the scent of honey. Summoning some her Water magic, she washed the nasty wound on Ursa's back until the black ooze faded and all that remained was raw open flesh. She spread the poultice over the wound; the effects could be seen immediately. The wound began to seal, however slowly. She dug some bandages from her stash and tightly bound the wound to prevent it from opening again.

Picking out another bottle and spooning some of it into Ursa's mouth, she turned to the Skydancer.

"The worst part of it is, when dragons are exalted to flights that aren't their own, they find themselves fighting against their friends and family." Nadya stared in sadness into nothing, bad memories playing in her mind, ones she wished she could forget, but couldn't.

"Nadya, Cephei is hurt, too." Starbeam pointed to the small gash on Cephei's wing.

Snapping back to reality, she said to the Skydancer, "Oh, come here darling, and I will clean that up for you."

@DoppelBia
Nadya picked Ursa up off of Cephei's back and carefully layed her on the soft moss bed she had made for patients. As she rustled through bottles of elixirs and dried herbs, she thought about Cephei's question.

"Yes, I was. I don't mind though. I think this whole dominance thing is just plain silly. Dragons beating each other up over who's better. Causing unnecessary bloodshed and death. I believe it doesn't matter what flight you are from. You still deserve the same care and compassion as any other Flight."

She found the bottle she was looking for and popped it open. A sweet fragrance filled the air, much like the scent of honey. Summoning some her Water magic, she washed the nasty wound on Ursa's back until the black ooze faded and all that remained was raw open flesh. She spread the poultice over the wound; the effects could be seen immediately. The wound began to seal, however slowly. She dug some bandages from her stash and tightly bound the wound to prevent it from opening again.

Picking out another bottle and spooning some of it into Ursa's mouth, she turned to the Skydancer.

"The worst part of it is, when dragons are exalted to flights that aren't their own, they find themselves fighting against their friends and family." Nadya stared in sadness into nothing, bad memories playing in her mind, ones she wished she could forget, but couldn't.

"Nadya, Cephei is hurt, too." Starbeam pointed to the small gash on Cephei's wing.

Snapping back to reality, she said to the Skydancer, "Oh, come here darling, and I will clean that up for you."

@DoppelBia
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

aa GdA4c8j.png
@DoppelBia
(Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've had literally no access to FR :( I hope to buy myself my OWN computer ASAP.)

---Blackberry---
Blackberry considered it. "Let's try the Reef," he said determinedly.

(Yep, super short this time XD)
@DoppelBia
(Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've had literally no access to FR :( I hope to buy myself my OWN computer ASAP.)

---Blackberry---
Blackberry considered it. "Let's try the Reef," he said determinedly.

(Yep, super short this time XD)
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

The Skydancer watched, curious, as the Tundra cared for Ursa, her words ressonating in his head.

"I think dragons, as individuals, deserve compassion, but not flights as a whole. We're following the steps of our ancestors, in direct touch with the deities, closer to them than anyone else in Sornieth. If you deny this honor... Then I don't get why you didn't head back to your clan."

Cephei had a pretty solid opinion on the matter, the very sentence he was raised under - exaltation is the highest honor a dragon can receive. He snickered a bit when Nadya wasn't looking, but that last look on her face, like she had some bad memories behind her, left him with nothing to say.

"Oh, this? It's nothing. Sure, it bothers a bit, but no big danger."

He smiled and lowered his wing, looking at the gash. The spear had pierced through, so more than just a poison wound, it was basically a hole near the tip.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"Your call."

Jagiya shrugged and took to the air, flying calmly to the Reef. The Guardian glanced back from time to time to check if Blackberry was keeping up, and she didn't go too far above the water, in case any of his clan members showed up.

((Don't worry hun ^-^ I know the feel, and I hope you get it soon))

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty had been cheerful so far, but someting in that last sentence just drove him nuts. "You came here from the north, what would you understand?" Arash had gone too far now. The Spiral flew even closer, his voice now in a serious tone.

"Listen, Arash, it's not like I ain't trying my best to serve Icewarden. I may not be the best at preserving relics, but there's more to do than just that. I don't want you talking to me like that again. The element you're born under does not define all of what you are, so just because you're born in Ice doesn't mean you have to be colder than it!"

He glanced quickly at Patariki, then flew back to his original spot. A little bit more calm.

"I do get your point. Even in big clans, there's often small groups who each take care of stuff. But Patariki's right, you should open your mind a bit."
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

The Skydancer watched, curious, as the Tundra cared for Ursa, her words ressonating in his head.

"I think dragons, as individuals, deserve compassion, but not flights as a whole. We're following the steps of our ancestors, in direct touch with the deities, closer to them than anyone else in Sornieth. If you deny this honor... Then I don't get why you didn't head back to your clan."

Cephei had a pretty solid opinion on the matter, the very sentence he was raised under - exaltation is the highest honor a dragon can receive. He snickered a bit when Nadya wasn't looking, but that last look on her face, like she had some bad memories behind her, left him with nothing to say.

"Oh, this? It's nothing. Sure, it bothers a bit, but no big danger."

He smiled and lowered his wing, looking at the gash. The spear had pierced through, so more than just a poison wound, it was basically a hole near the tip.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"Your call."

Jagiya shrugged and took to the air, flying calmly to the Reef. The Guardian glanced back from time to time to check if Blackberry was keeping up, and she didn't go too far above the water, in case any of his clan members showed up.

((Don't worry hun ^-^ I know the feel, and I hope you get it soon))

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

Almighty had been cheerful so far, but someting in that last sentence just drove him nuts. "You came here from the north, what would you understand?" Arash had gone too far now. The Spiral flew even closer, his voice now in a serious tone.

"Listen, Arash, it's not like I ain't trying my best to serve Icewarden. I may not be the best at preserving relics, but there's more to do than just that. I don't want you talking to me like that again. The element you're born under does not define all of what you are, so just because you're born in Ice doesn't mean you have to be colder than it!"

He glanced quickly at Patariki, then flew back to his original spot. A little bit more calm.

"I do get your point. Even in big clans, there's often small groups who each take care of stuff. But Patariki's right, you should open your mind a bit."
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@DoppelBia
The Fae hissed when Almighty advanced, fins pulling tight against his neck. When the Spiral retreated, though, Arash took in a deep breath and forced himself calm. His ruffs stayed canted back, but no longer quite so tensely or aggressively. "You are correct. Foreign origins or no, we are all under the Warden's wings now, and I spoke... rashly. My apologies."

Patariki watched the exchange with his head tilted to one side; he hadn't expected Almighty to react so harshly. Interesting. "You're quite loyal, for someone so new to the Flight," the Skydancer remarked. "I'm sure the Warden is pleased, and you do great credit to your old clan."
@DoppelBia
The Fae hissed when Almighty advanced, fins pulling tight against his neck. When the Spiral retreated, though, Arash took in a deep breath and forced himself calm. His ruffs stayed canted back, but no longer quite so tensely or aggressively. "You are correct. Foreign origins or no, we are all under the Warden's wings now, and I spoke... rashly. My apologies."

Patariki watched the exchange with his head tilted to one side; he hadn't expected Almighty to react so harshly. Interesting. "You're quite loyal, for someone so new to the Flight," the Skydancer remarked. "I'm sure the Warden is pleased, and you do great credit to your old clan."
@DoppelBia
(Shall we have a bit of a timeskip so they can get to the Reef?)
@DoppelBia
(Shall we have a bit of a timeskip so they can get to the Reef?)
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@DoppelBia (( I had some serious writer's block with this one. Also just found out that Cephei and Almighty are half-brothers. :) ))

Nadya rubbed the same poultice she had used on Ursa onto the hole in Cephei's wing, closing it up immediately. She bound it the same as well. "That should heal just fine."

"I understand that most dragons wouldn't hesitate to serve their deity, and that is an honor to serve a being of such power, but there some who don't, for various reasons. Some fear war and the pain it brings. Some are separated from their loved ones by miles of distance. And some are forcibly taken into servitude." She paused for a moment, thinking thoughtfully on her last statement.

"My clan was always so kind and free; they never exalted anyone who didn't want to be. All of the dragons from there came here by choice. But the clan I originally came from was different." She closed her eyes and remembered her origins.
@DoppelBia (( I had some serious writer's block with this one. Also just found out that Cephei and Almighty are half-brothers. :) ))

Nadya rubbed the same poultice she had used on Ursa onto the hole in Cephei's wing, closing it up immediately. She bound it the same as well. "That should heal just fine."

"I understand that most dragons wouldn't hesitate to serve their deity, and that is an honor to serve a being of such power, but there some who don't, for various reasons. Some fear war and the pain it brings. Some are separated from their loved ones by miles of distance. And some are forcibly taken into servitude." She paused for a moment, thinking thoughtfully on her last statement.

"My clan was always so kind and free; they never exalted anyone who didn't want to be. All of the dragons from there came here by choice. But the clan I originally came from was different." She closed her eyes and remembered her origins.
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

aa GdA4c8j.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13