Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [After Being Exalted] - Open
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
((@DarkDragonfly Don't worry, I take a while sometimes too. And yeah, they're both JeanLuc's kids... tbh I didn't notice it until you said it. ^-^ If you and @Loquaciousky don't mind it, I'd rather let @Hurricanesong reply IC before me, since I kinda lost track of the thread and didn't answer them - timeskipping is fine, I'm absolutley ok with it))
((@DarkDragonfly Don't worry, I take a while sometimes too. And yeah, they're both JeanLuc's kids... tbh I didn't notice it until you said it. ^-^ If you and @Loquaciousky don't mind it, I'd rather let @Hurricanesong reply IC before me, since I kinda lost track of the thread and didn't answer them - timeskipping is fine, I'm absolutley ok with it))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
((Ye I'm cool with it, @DoppelBia. I may have to see if any of my babies were exalted to the other groups, the Icefields are kinda isolated :P))
((Ye I'm cool with it, @DoppelBia. I may have to see if any of my babies were exalted to the other groups, the Icefields are kinda isolated :P))
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
@DoppelBia
(Timeskip it is. Can you start the new bit?)
@DoppelBia
(Timeskip it is. Can you start the new bit?)
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Cephei squinted his eyes when she touched his wing - it was somewhat sensitive, and the poultice stinged a little, but it was soon over.

"Well thank you for this. I'm glad you could help us out."

The Skydancer glanced at Ursa on the moss bed, wondering what would her story be. Nadya herself seemed to have quite the tale behind her exaltation, and he was more than just a little curious about it.

"I see... I've seen some exaltees freaking out, trying to go back to their clans in fear. I've never dealt with that kind of feeling, though . There was a Mirror in my clan... Nakao, if I'm not mistaken. All of his children were exalted, so whenever we had a hatchling, he'd cling onto it so much the poor kids would get sick of him in less than a week."

Cephei giggled, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"Me, well, I was always meant for the Windsinger. Never objected it, and never seeked something else. I wonder what's Ursa and Starbeam's story... And yours too, Miss Nadya. If you don't mind me asking."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong
((make it so ^-^))

Jagiya let her feet touch the water. If her sense of direction was right, they should be just above the Reef now, but she couldn't see a thing, since it was too deep under the surface.
She stared at the blue sea, still for a while. Even being a Guardian, she had never swam for long periods of time, since her flight's element was essencially above it. But something told her she should go in with Blackberry.
Jagiya looked quickly at him, a little worried, and sort of landed on the surface, trying to adjust her own weight.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((I guess you could say it's ice-olated... Ok I'll stop.))

Almighty was surprised to see Arash taking his words back. He didn't expect to reach that far... And to be honest he felt a little bad. Had he been too harsh himself? The Spiral lowered his head a bit, not so proud of what he had just done anymore.

"Oh, what? Yeah... I guess I am."
He shrugged, gazing at Patariki.
"I told Drakath I'd do my best, and since I'm already here... It's not like I'm gonna get something for throwing a fit against the Warden. Hehe."
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Cephei squinted his eyes when she touched his wing - it was somewhat sensitive, and the poultice stinged a little, but it was soon over.

"Well thank you for this. I'm glad you could help us out."

The Skydancer glanced at Ursa on the moss bed, wondering what would her story be. Nadya herself seemed to have quite the tale behind her exaltation, and he was more than just a little curious about it.

"I see... I've seen some exaltees freaking out, trying to go back to their clans in fear. I've never dealt with that kind of feeling, though . There was a Mirror in my clan... Nakao, if I'm not mistaken. All of his children were exalted, so whenever we had a hatchling, he'd cling onto it so much the poor kids would get sick of him in less than a week."

Cephei giggled, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"Me, well, I was always meant for the Windsinger. Never objected it, and never seeked something else. I wonder what's Ursa and Starbeam's story... And yours too, Miss Nadya. If you don't mind me asking."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong
((make it so ^-^))

Jagiya let her feet touch the water. If her sense of direction was right, they should be just above the Reef now, but she couldn't see a thing, since it was too deep under the surface.
She stared at the blue sea, still for a while. Even being a Guardian, she had never swam for long periods of time, since her flight's element was essencially above it. But something told her she should go in with Blackberry.
Jagiya looked quickly at him, a little worried, and sort of landed on the surface, trying to adjust her own weight.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((I guess you could say it's ice-olated... Ok I'll stop.))

Almighty was surprised to see Arash taking his words back. He didn't expect to reach that far... And to be honest he felt a little bad. Had he been too harsh himself? The Spiral lowered his head a bit, not so proud of what he had just done anymore.

"Oh, what? Yeah... I guess I am."
He shrugged, gazing at Patariki.
"I told Drakath I'd do my best, and since I'm already here... It's not like I'm gonna get something for throwing a fit against the Warden. Hehe."
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry---
Blackberry smiled at her. With the abilities of his flight, breathing underwater, he could make it down there easily, and should be able to share the ability with Jagiya - but he had never tried sharing his ability before. He said to Jagiya, "Can you breathe down there? Because I've heard that there's a way for me to temporarily share my ability to breathe underwater with you. I've just never actually tried it before."
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry---
Blackberry smiled at her. With the abilities of his flight, breathing underwater, he could make it down there easily, and should be able to share the ability with Jagiya - but he had never tried sharing his ability before. He said to Jagiya, "Can you breathe down there? Because I've heard that there's a way for me to temporarily share my ability to breathe underwater with you. I've just never actually tried it before."
>
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@DoppelBia ((never stop, Icicles love us some puns :3 the only thing to warm our frozen little hearts besides Popsicle's tiny ears))

"You won't be struck down for it either, except by certain... ah, shall we say 'zealous' individuals?" Patariki chuckled, glancing over at Arash; the smaller dragon was still holding his fins carefully neutral, but he seemed to have himself back under control. "The Icefields might be forbidding to newcomers, but some of us take that as all the more reason to welcome those not used to the cold."

((I am honestly not sure where to go from here, but then plot's never been my strong suit .-.))
@DoppelBia ((never stop, Icicles love us some puns :3 the only thing to warm our frozen little hearts besides Popsicle's tiny ears))

"You won't be struck down for it either, except by certain... ah, shall we say 'zealous' individuals?" Patariki chuckled, glancing over at Arash; the smaller dragon was still holding his fins carefully neutral, but he seemed to have himself back under control. "The Icefields might be forbidding to newcomers, but some of us take that as all the more reason to welcome those not used to the cold."

((I am honestly not sure where to go from here, but then plot's never been my strong suit .-.))
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
((just second-pinging @DarkDragonfly since it's been a while))
((just second-pinging @DarkDragonfly since it's been a while))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
Nadya chuckled at Cephei's tale of the overprotective Mirror, then looked at Ursa, who was sleeping soundly now, and Starbeam had curled up next to her. She smiled as she remembered what they had told her about how they came to be here.

"Those two had already left their clan when I arrived in it, but it wasn't long after I left as well that we met up. They have made quite a name for themselves in the Arcanist's ranks, even without being war heroes. The story behind them is they simply wanted to pursue their passions and study the unknown, especially Ursa. They have learned so much since I first met them. Their parents are proud of them, I'm sure. As for me, well..."

They look in her eyes grew distant as she pulled up memories of her past.

"My parents had many children, both with each other and other mates. Most of my siblings and half-siblings were exalted, some as children, some to other flights, some willingly, and some not. My two sisters, the ones I hatched with, were my world. Then one day, the clan leader decided one of us would be sent to the Tidelord. One of my sisters volunteered to go and seemed happy to make the trip. But she was attacked and killed by Shadow scouts before even a day had passed after her departure. I was heartbroken and terrified. The clan leader said someone still needed to go an elected me next, but I was too scared. Me and my remaining sister left that clan and soon parted ways. I ended up being taken in by Starbeam and Ursa's clan, while she went to a Wind clan. I eventually found out that she had been exalted as well, but at least she had made it into the Windsinger's care safely. During my time with the Arcane clan, I learned how to use my water magic for healing, and about herbs and medicine. Life was going smoothly until one day I was taking a stroll and heard familiar voices. Investigating the voices, I found my sister and one of my half-siblings who had been exalted to the Tidelord. The Water exaltee was standing over her broken and bleeding body; he turned and glared at me, then flew off. Ir ushed to my sister's aid. She was still alive, but still too late for her. As much as I tried to heal her, she had lost too much blood and passed away. I had lost both of my sisters to this war."

The pain of the memories were taking their toll on Nadya, and she had to sit down and close her eyes for a while. Finally she opened them and continued.

"I eventually made the decision to come here so I could be closer to the battlefield, closer to injured dragons, in hopes that I could save them, regardless of Flight or alignment."

@DoppelBia
(( Sorry! I've just been so busy and this rp kinda got thrown on the backburner. I also had to come up with a story for Nadya that hopefully isn't too confusing. ))
Nadya chuckled at Cephei's tale of the overprotective Mirror, then looked at Ursa, who was sleeping soundly now, and Starbeam had curled up next to her. She smiled as she remembered what they had told her about how they came to be here.

"Those two had already left their clan when I arrived in it, but it wasn't long after I left as well that we met up. They have made quite a name for themselves in the Arcanist's ranks, even without being war heroes. The story behind them is they simply wanted to pursue their passions and study the unknown, especially Ursa. They have learned so much since I first met them. Their parents are proud of them, I'm sure. As for me, well..."

They look in her eyes grew distant as she pulled up memories of her past.

"My parents had many children, both with each other and other mates. Most of my siblings and half-siblings were exalted, some as children, some to other flights, some willingly, and some not. My two sisters, the ones I hatched with, were my world. Then one day, the clan leader decided one of us would be sent to the Tidelord. One of my sisters volunteered to go and seemed happy to make the trip. But she was attacked and killed by Shadow scouts before even a day had passed after her departure. I was heartbroken and terrified. The clan leader said someone still needed to go an elected me next, but I was too scared. Me and my remaining sister left that clan and soon parted ways. I ended up being taken in by Starbeam and Ursa's clan, while she went to a Wind clan. I eventually found out that she had been exalted as well, but at least she had made it into the Windsinger's care safely. During my time with the Arcane clan, I learned how to use my water magic for healing, and about herbs and medicine. Life was going smoothly until one day I was taking a stroll and heard familiar voices. Investigating the voices, I found my sister and one of my half-siblings who had been exalted to the Tidelord. The Water exaltee was standing over her broken and bleeding body; he turned and glared at me, then flew off. Ir ushed to my sister's aid. She was still alive, but still too late for her. As much as I tried to heal her, she had lost too much blood and passed away. I had lost both of my sisters to this war."

The pain of the memories were taking their toll on Nadya, and she had to sit down and close her eyes for a while. Finally she opened them and continued.

"I eventually made the decision to come here so I could be closer to the battlefield, closer to injured dragons, in hopes that I could save them, regardless of Flight or alignment."

@DoppelBia
(( Sorry! I've just been so busy and this rp kinda got thrown on the backburner. I also had to come up with a story for Nadya that hopefully isn't too confusing. ))
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly
((don't worry :) the second ping was just a heads-up, sometimes you didn't get the first one or you lost it either way. And the story's pretty good, don't beat yourself over it ^-^))

Cephei listened quietly as the Water Tundra told him her story... and her tale of woe. He almost felt bad for asking, seeing how painful it was for Nadya to speak of her sisters.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I can't say I know how that feels, Drakath used to send all exaltees at varying times, so even if we'd meet under the Windsinger's care, we would already be in different positions and wouldn't get too close. As for my own brother..."

The Skydancer sighed and stared at the sky for a little while.

"Rene took after my father and was exalted to the Arcanist. I secretly hope I'll find him every time I fly by here. But, to change the subject, I think what you do is really noble. But healing all no matter who... isn't exactly the best thing to do on a war. You might get yourself in trouble."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"N-neither have I... But no, I don't think I can."

Once she was comfortable with herself on the water, just her neck peeking out, Jagiya gave a quick dive to check if she could breathe underwater. Maybe her breed would help... but at the first try she panicked, quickly swimming back up for air. She could be overreacting, but there was no way Jagiya would do it again.

"Let's... Let's try sharing it."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((Do you mind if I take some liberties with the plot then? I just hope 3-way interactions don't get too confusing))

The spiral giggled at the comment. Patariki was such a nice dragon, and Arash ,even if a little too stern, did have a point. Something told Almighty the Ice flight wasn't that bad of a fate after all.

Some noise behind him caught his attention. It was a hatchling, a tiny Ridgeback that just flew over the trio and dropped a scroll marked with the Icewarden's seal. He eagerly took the rolled parchment and read it.

"Hm... Seems like we 'boutta go swimming! Icewarden's fetching some of us to water lands."

---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly
((don't worry :) the second ping was just a heads-up, sometimes you didn't get the first one or you lost it either way. And the story's pretty good, don't beat yourself over it ^-^))

Cephei listened quietly as the Water Tundra told him her story... and her tale of woe. He almost felt bad for asking, seeing how painful it was for Nadya to speak of her sisters.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I can't say I know how that feels, Drakath used to send all exaltees at varying times, so even if we'd meet under the Windsinger's care, we would already be in different positions and wouldn't get too close. As for my own brother..."

The Skydancer sighed and stared at the sky for a little while.

"Rene took after my father and was exalted to the Arcanist. I secretly hope I'll find him every time I fly by here. But, to change the subject, I think what you do is really noble. But healing all no matter who... isn't exactly the best thing to do on a war. You might get yourself in trouble."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"N-neither have I... But no, I don't think I can."

Once she was comfortable with herself on the water, just her neck peeking out, Jagiya gave a quick dive to check if she could breathe underwater. Maybe her breed would help... but at the first try she panicked, quickly swimming back up for air. She could be overreacting, but there was no way Jagiya would do it again.

"Let's... Let's try sharing it."

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky
((Do you mind if I take some liberties with the plot then? I just hope 3-way interactions don't get too confusing))

The spiral giggled at the comment. Patariki was such a nice dragon, and Arash ,even if a little too stern, did have a point. Something told Almighty the Ice flight wasn't that bad of a fate after all.

Some noise behind him caught his attention. It was a hatchling, a tiny Ridgeback that just flew over the trio and dropped a scroll marked with the Icewarden's seal. He eagerly took the rolled parchment and read it.

"Hm... Seems like we 'boutta go swimming! Icewarden's fetching some of us to water lands."

OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry---
Blackberry nodded, trying to look more confident than he felt. He touched the tip of Jagiya's nose with a tiny talon and closed his eyes, focusing.

Moments later, he opened his eyes again. "I think it worked," he said, allowing hope to enter his voice. "Should we check and see?"
@DoppelBia

---Blackberry---
Blackberry nodded, trying to look more confident than he felt. He touched the tip of Jagiya's nose with a tiny talon and closed his eyes, focusing.

Moments later, he opened his eyes again. "I think it worked," he said, allowing hope to enter his voice. "Should we check and see?"
>
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13