Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest: BOARDWALK BRAGGING--Voting!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40
@Merellia

Chaplin 2

Charlie 1

Gin 1
@Merellia

Chaplin 2

Charlie 1

Gin 1
@Merellia

2, 2, 1.
@Merellia

2, 2, 1.
@Merellia

Chaplin: Answer 2

Charlie: Answer 2

Gin: Answer 1
@Merellia

Chaplin: Answer 2

Charlie: Answer 2

Gin: Answer 1
@Merellia Jenara frowned. Her reputation was at stake. She couldn't believe she left herself be distracted by the handsome Skydancer male yesterday. She shook her head and took a deep breath. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7165160] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71652/7165160_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ah, yes, well--" she waved her hand in the air "--it's surely not surprising that most of us missed that first challenge. After all, given your flight's reputation, you should have known ahead of time that most of us would miss that one. I'd bet you already have the name of the future winner in a bubble of prophecy over at Flotsam Fortunes. But I'll play along anyway - I enjoy a good festival event." Jenara surveyed the three dragons in front of her. "[b]Chaplin[/b], huh? You didn't get a name like that by behaving. You are most certainly [b]2. a practical joker who has been known to sneak into adults' nests and switch their eggs, causing pandemonium and chaos on hatching day.[/b]" The Skydancer gave a smile of superiority. Sure, she had a small glitch yesterday, but she had a good [i]feeling[/i] about today's answers. "You - [b]Charlie [/b]- surely that name's just a coincidence, right?" [i]No distractions today,[/i] she thought. [i]Get back on track.[/i] "Umm... it's clear that this bard, uh, finds that [b]1. arguments of any sort make him highly uncomfortable, to the point where he has to go and hide for a while just to be alone.[/b]" She shook her head. Just because she could, upon occasion, see the future, that didn't mean she could tell people about their past or their present. [i]This was a bad idea[/i], she thought. [i]Oh well, one more to guess - divine - today.[/i] "Min, I mean [b]Gin[/b]--" [i]what was it with these handsome Skydancers distracting her [/i]"-- you [b]1. own a long piece of yarn[/b]. Easy enough." Especially since she saw the end of a piece of yarn hanging from his vest. "Is that the best you can do today? Very well. I will return tomorrow to see the truths revealed." With that, Jenara headed back to the Tiki Bar - it was the [i]happening[/i] place to be during the festival.
@Merellia

Jenara frowned. Her reputation was at stake. She couldn't believe she left herself be distracted by the handsome Skydancer male yesterday. She shook her head and took a deep breath.

7165160_350.png

"Ah, yes, well--" she waved her hand in the air "--it's surely not surprising that most of us missed that first challenge. After all, given your flight's reputation, you should have known ahead of time that most of us would miss that one. I'd bet you already have the name of the future winner in a bubble of prophecy over at Flotsam Fortunes. But I'll play along anyway - I enjoy a good festival event."

Jenara surveyed the three dragons in front of her. "Chaplin, huh? You didn't get a name like that by behaving. You are most certainly 2. a practical joker who has been known to sneak into adults' nests and switch their eggs, causing pandemonium and chaos on hatching day."

The Skydancer gave a smile of superiority. Sure, she had a small glitch yesterday, but she had a good feeling about today's answers. "You - Charlie - surely that name's just a coincidence, right?" No distractions today, she thought. Get back on track. "Umm... it's clear that this bard, uh, finds that 1. arguments of any sort make him highly uncomfortable, to the point where he has to go and hide for a while just to be alone."

She shook her head. Just because she could, upon occasion, see the future, that didn't mean she could tell people about their past or their present. This was a bad idea, she thought. Oh well, one more to guess - divine - today.

"Min, I mean Gin--" what was it with these handsome Skydancers distracting her "-- you 1. own a long piece of yarn. Easy enough." Especially since she saw the end of a piece of yarn hanging from his vest.

"Is that the best you can do today? Very well. I will return tomorrow to see the truths revealed." With that, Jenara headed back to the Tiki Bar - it was the happening place to be during the festival.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Merellia [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6938548] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69386/6938548_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Holland flutters atop his mate Lydia's head "Darling, may I please try?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98856&tab=dragon&did=6938547][img]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/holliegirl636/6938547p_zps89d17321.png[/img][/url] Lydia chuckles. "Go on, my little Lion Fish." Holland lands a light kiss on her snout before flying over to the first dragon. He flies right up to [b]Chaplin's[/b] face, peering under the brim of her hat. "Hmmm..." He mutters, circling the Coatl's head. "You certainly don't seem like the orderly type, despite your appearance. I will say that [b]2[/b] is the truth." Without waiting for any acknowledgement, he moves onto [b]Charlie[/b]. "You're incredibly well dressed..." He circles around the Coatl's shoulders like a fly. "And it seems to me that you are well traveled. I believe that [b]3[/b] is the truth." He flutters to the final dragon, [b]Gin[/b]. He lands on the ground, peering up at the colossal dragon, feeling utterly stumped. Suddenly, he noticed something wrapped around the Skydancer's claws. "Aha!" He rose into the sky, triumphant. "[b]1[/b] is the truth!" He returns to Lydia, who beams with pride, and the two await the announcement.
@Merellia

Holland flutters atop his mate Lydia's head "Darling, may I please try?"

6938547p_zps89d17321.png
Lydia chuckles. "Go on, my little Lion Fish."

Holland lands a light kiss on her snout before flying over to the first dragon. He flies right up to Chaplin's face, peering under the brim of her hat.

"Hmmm..." He mutters, circling the Coatl's head. "You certainly don't seem like the orderly type, despite your appearance. I will say that 2 is the truth."

Without waiting for any acknowledgement, he moves onto Charlie.

"You're incredibly well dressed..." He circles around the Coatl's shoulders like a fly. "And it seems to me that you are well traveled. I believe that 3 is the truth."

He flutters to the final dragon, Gin. He lands on the ground, peering up at the colossal dragon, feeling utterly stumped. Suddenly, he noticed something wrapped around the Skydancer's claws.

"Aha!" He rose into the sky, triumphant. "1 is the truth!"

He returns to Lydia, who beams with pride, and the two await the announcement.
tumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo1_250.pngtumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo2_250.pngc3kQRMf.png
@Merellia [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/83483/8348215p.png[/img] Cuprum frowned to herself as she preened her crest. Two out of three is hardly terrible, but she'd have to do better than that if she wanted to bring something back for the clan. The Nocturne was her first concern, and he didn't seem to be giving up much in the way of clues. He was circulating around the crowd quite politely, but he didn't seem to be starting any conversations himself, so three could still be... Wait a moment, did he just tie those two dragons' sashes together? "That settles it- his [b]second statement[/b] is true. Chaplin's a trickster!" she said, hoping his poor victims would hear her and untie themselves before they got too tangled. Charlie was her next victim, and she happened to spot him at a gap in the crowd. Cuprum circled closer, eyeing him the way she might eye a prey animal. Though he was larger than her by several feet, he shrunk back visibly. "Well, your eyes are a bit too green for a Wind dragon," she started. "But you certainly look like you're ready to run if it means avoiding a confrontation. I'd say your [b]first statement [/b]rings the truest." Cuprum looked around. The Skydancer was next, wherever he was. She craned her neck a bit over the crowd of dragons and finally spotted him slouching next to a light post. "Easy to find, my left claw," she chuckled to herself as she walked up to him. She gave him the same hunter's glare she'd given Charlie, although the Skydancer seemed far less fazed. "Now, I don't claim to know much about foresights and the like, but 'a long piece of yarn'? That feels a bit too specific. I'd say your [b]first statement [/b]is true, then." With that, she turned away and headed back towards the other stalls of the festival. There was quite a bit of time to kill before the answers were announced.
@Merellia
8348215p.png
Cuprum frowned to herself as she preened her crest. Two out of three is hardly terrible, but she'd have to do better than that if she wanted to bring something back for the clan. The Nocturne was her first concern, and he didn't seem to be giving up much in the way of clues. He was circulating around the crowd quite politely, but he didn't seem to be starting any conversations himself, so three could still be... Wait a moment, did he just tie those two dragons' sashes together? "That settles it- his second statement is true. Chaplin's a trickster!" she said, hoping his poor victims would hear her and untie themselves before they got too tangled.

Charlie was her next victim, and she happened to spot him at a gap in the crowd. Cuprum circled closer, eyeing him the way she might eye a prey animal. Though he was larger than her by several feet, he shrunk back visibly. "Well, your eyes are a bit too green for a Wind dragon," she started. "But you certainly look like you're ready to run if it means avoiding a confrontation. I'd say your first statement rings the truest."

Cuprum looked around. The Skydancer was next, wherever he was. She craned her neck a bit over the crowd of dragons and finally spotted him slouching next to a light post. "Easy to find, my left claw," she chuckled to herself as she walked up to him. She gave him the same hunter's glare she'd given Charlie, although the Skydancer seemed far less fazed. "Now, I don't claim to know much about foresights and the like, but 'a long piece of yarn'? That feels a bit too specific. I'd say your first statement is true, then." With that, she turned away and headed back towards the other stalls of the festival. There was quite a bit of time to kill before the answers were announced.
0iyUjhh.gif
He/his. Hoards urchins, pocket watches, and FR headcanons.
@Merellia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7758936] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77590/7758936_350.png[/img] [/url] Strom returns to the boardwalk, this time alone. He eyes each of the presenters up and down before making his proclamations. "Chaplin! What a fine name to go with such a fine hat. No doubt you're a joker of the most talented sort." "Charlie's an interesting name. Probably not the one I would have picked, but that's life. You have nice green Nature eyes--but that doesn't mean that you [i]couldn't[/i] have come from the Wind territories, does it? Of course not." "Gin, you remind me of a dragon in my own clan, perhaps you're rela--no, no, that's not relevant. You techie-types tend to be a bit weird; I wouldn't be surprised at all if you carried a bit of yarn around." Strom nods sagely, impressed with his own deduction skills. [b](Chaplin - 2; Charlie - 3; Gin - 1)[/b]
@Merellia

7758936_350.png

Strom returns to the boardwalk, this time alone. He eyes each of the presenters up and down before making his proclamations.

"Chaplin! What a fine name to go with such a fine hat. No doubt you're a joker of the most talented sort."

"Charlie's an interesting name. Probably not the one I would have picked, but that's life. You have nice green Nature eyes--but that doesn't mean that you couldn't have come from the Wind territories, does it? Of course not."

"Gin, you remind me of a dragon in my own clan, perhaps you're rela--no, no, that's not relevant. You techie-types tend to be a bit weird; I wouldn't be surprised at all if you carried a bit of yarn around."

Strom nods sagely, impressed with his own deduction skills.

(Chaplin - 2; Charlie - 3; Gin - 1)
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
@Merellia

Breaking character for time reasons:

Chaplin: 2
Charlie: 3
Gin: 1
@Merellia

Breaking character for time reasons:

Chaplin: 2
Charlie: 3
Gin: 1
@Merellia @JinxMoonstone SteeLee sighs as she scans the crowd. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11474937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114750/11474937_350.png[/img] [/url] She had promised to meet Aria and Qiell at the Sea for the Wavecrest Saturnalia, but the two spirals seem to have slipped away. "No doubt I slipped their minds," she grumbles. Oh, well, might as well play along while she is here. ----- She first turns to Charlie: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/99247/9924691.png[/img] With those colors, he sure stands out! Those lovely green eyes! Oops, not wind at all. He is a nature dragon. She listens to his lovely humming, and notices the drum he has behind his back. Oh, yes, coatls are deaf. Arguments bother him? I don't think so! She looks again at the drum. It is rather large, and he obviously takes good care of it. "I believe you do not want to be in someone else's personal space because they might harm your lovely instrument. I agree! It is a fine one." ----- She then looks at Gin. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/26627/2662671.png[/img] She thinks he is nicely dressed, and is just wondering if she would also look nice in wings when he turns and seems to shimmer out of sight against the sand and surf. You old pirate! she thinks admiringly. You have the perfect disguise. Flotsam! The scarf looks a bit tight on his neck, so he probably doesn't talk much. A more vocal dragon would wear his scarf looser. A piece of yarn? She looks carefully. Yes, there, around his neck. "Ah, I see you are a master of the tangle game!" she cries. ----- She then tries to go speak to Chaplin, only to find Jenara in the way. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/71652/7165160.png[/img] All the veils and silks flutter in SteeLee's face, and she briefly thinks of chewing a hole so she can get past. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/3630.png[/img] Luckily Jenara moves on, and SteeLee's naughty impulse remains in her head. She flies over to Chaplin and offers her an emerald striker. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/112304/11230377.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/1577.png[/img] She whispers, "Can I bribe you to tell me which one is a truth?" Chaplin shakes her head, but the two nocturnes grin. It is so fun to be bad sometimes! "OK, you are not neat, tidy, or polite. You are a practical joker! I wish you could tell me some of your pranks."
@Merellia
@JinxMoonstone

SteeLee sighs as she scans the crowd.

11474937_350.png

She had promised to meet Aria and Qiell at the Sea for the Wavecrest Saturnalia, but the two spirals seem to have slipped away. "No doubt I slipped their minds," she grumbles.

Oh, well, might as well play along while she is here.

She first turns to Charlie:
9924691.png

With those colors, he sure stands out! Those lovely green eyes! Oops, not wind at all. He is a nature dragon.

She listens to his lovely humming, and notices the drum he has behind his back. Oh, yes, coatls are deaf. Arguments bother him? I don't think so!

She looks again at the drum. It is rather large, and he obviously takes good care of it. "I believe you do not want to be in someone else's personal space because they might harm your lovely instrument. I agree! It is a fine one."

She then looks at Gin.
2662671.png

She thinks he is nicely dressed, and is just wondering if she would also look nice in wings when he turns and seems to shimmer out of sight against the sand and surf. You old pirate! she thinks admiringly. You have the perfect disguise. Flotsam!

The scarf looks a bit tight on his neck, so he probably doesn't talk much. A more vocal dragon would wear his scarf looser.

A piece of yarn? She looks carefully. Yes, there, around his neck. "Ah, I see you are a master of the tangle game!" she cries.

She then tries to go speak to Chaplin, only to find Jenara in the way.
7165160.png

All the veils and silks flutter in SteeLee's face, and she briefly thinks of chewing a hole so she can get past.
3630.png

Luckily Jenara moves on, and SteeLee's naughty impulse remains in her head.

She flies over to Chaplin and offers her an emerald striker.
11230377.png 1577.png

She whispers, "Can I bribe you to tell me which one is a truth?"

Chaplin shakes her head, but the two nocturnes grin. It is so fun to be bad sometimes!

"OK, you are not neat, tidy, or polite. You are a practical joker! I wish you could tell me some of your pranks."

riJWshy.png6qRiT6A.png
3RHrJoP.pngriJWshy.png
xNSna4Q.png
dIdT4dt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12415501] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/124156/12415501.png[/img] [/url] Unda gives everyone a steely-eyed look. "A few of you have learned better," she admits grudgingly. "Many of you could accurately tell that Chaplin is a practical joker." She circles lazily in the air, buzzing the antlers of a passing coatl before she announces, "Fewer of you could discern that Charlie is made uncomfortable by arguments of any sort," Unda sounds and smells kind of satisfied by the prevalence of that mistake. "And almost everyone knew right away that Gin owns a very long piece of yarn! Good for you," Unda concludes. "Now, let me think for a minute." @absolmon @acheronta @Aena @Alaia @argonneon @AristaHolmes @azurillturtle @beautifulglitter @Becsprite @Bolfir @brain4puzzles @Brightwinged @Canisa @CasualTea96 @Cebelrai @Celestia912 @clanguardian @clarax @CorvusIgnis @crayaura @DarkMoonDragon @Disbounded @Eialyne @EllieAlice @Elsu @Eme @eustaciavye77 @fairypenguin @fictionfighter @flippedside @freckledbooks @gemstoneblue @GibbysDragons @Harpsdesire @HiccupsLeftLeg @HunterGatherer @janetlin @jesse0319 @JinxMoonstone @Katsra @Lexilopezi @Marburg @MissMokushiroku @Mithent @Moorising @naynah @nightmischief @Nioxiz @Pakla @Phaedra @prologi @PsydrateSky @PuzzleDust @RandomShmoe @Rapid @Ravinsong @Rivix @RockehRawr @rosedragoness @Sarami @ser @Serendipital @Severing @Shelie @SkyLarK @SkylerFarrier @Snek @StarryCloudyEyes @Steex @Stormdragon @Swabby @TheBestiary @Unika @UserOfShadows @xSilentSonatax @zucchi (Day 3 questions now available! Votes passed along to the in- and out-of-flight raffles as appropriate.)

12415501.png

Unda gives everyone a steely-eyed look. "A few of you have learned better," she admits grudgingly. "Many of you could accurately tell that Chaplin is a practical joker."

She circles lazily in the air, buzzing the antlers of a passing coatl before she announces, "Fewer of you could discern that Charlie is made uncomfortable by arguments of any sort," Unda sounds and smells kind of satisfied by the prevalence of that mistake.

"And almost everyone knew right away that Gin owns a very long piece of yarn! Good for you," Unda concludes. "Now, let me think for a minute."

@absolmon @acheronta @Aena @Alaia @argonneon @AristaHolmes @azurillturtle @beautifulglitter @Becsprite @Bolfir @brain4puzzles @Brightwinged @Canisa @CasualTea96 @Cebelrai @Celestia912 @clanguardian @clarax @CorvusIgnis @crayaura @DarkMoonDragon @Disbounded @Eialyne @EllieAlice @Elsu @Eme @eustaciavye77 @fairypenguin @fictionfighter @flippedside @freckledbooks @gemstoneblue @GibbysDragons @Harpsdesire @HiccupsLeftLeg @HunterGatherer @janetlin @jesse0319 @JinxMoonstone @Katsra @Lexilopezi @Marburg @MissMokushiroku @Mithent @Moorising @naynah @nightmischief @Nioxiz @Pakla @Phaedra @prologi @PsydrateSky @PuzzleDust @RandomShmoe @Rapid @Ravinsong @Rivix @RockehRawr @rosedragoness @Sarami @ser @Serendipital @Severing @Shelie @SkyLarK @SkylerFarrier @Snek @StarryCloudyEyes @Steex @Stormdragon @Swabby @TheBestiary @Unika @UserOfShadows @xSilentSonatax @zucchi

(Day 3 questions now available! Votes passed along to the in- and out-of-flight raffles as appropriate.)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40