Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Deepheart
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/30kxapk.png[/img][/center] After Valentine had distanced herself far enough, she slowed down once more, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm her nerves. Her heart was pounding from the mere sight of her former aggressor, but she was a Var dragon for a reason. [i]We have to go down.[/i] She thought to herself, already formulating a plan. It was pretty basic, given the fear she was fighting to suppress simultaneously. Valentine glanced over at her companion at the mention of his question, shaking her crest feathers out before launching into a reluctant explanation. [b]"That Guardian down there- he works with the rouges. He's a guard. Or rather, he was, as far as I know."[/b] Valentine stated uncertainly, not sure whether they would have kept him on the job after her little incident. [b]"The brute's in charge of watching the slaves and servants. Ungodly strong, and cruel, but he's a horrendous flyer."[/b] [/quote] @Amariex
Valentine wrote:
30kxapk.png

After Valentine had distanced herself far enough, she slowed down once more, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm her nerves. Her heart was pounding from the mere sight of her former aggressor, but she was a Var dragon for a reason. We have to go down. She thought to herself, already formulating a plan. It was pretty basic, given the fear she was fighting to suppress simultaneously. Valentine glanced over at her companion at the mention of his question, shaking her crest feathers out before launching into a reluctant explanation. "That Guardian down there- he works with the rouges. He's a guard. Or rather, he was, as far as I know." Valentine stated uncertainly, not sure whether they would have kept him on the job after her little incident. "The brute's in charge of watching the slaves and servants. Ungodly strong, and cruel, but he's a horrendous flyer."

@Amariex
sig_coffee_by_vampireselene13-d9fi8vi.png
[quote="Zion"] Zion listened to Valentine, piecing together the bits of information she gave him. He was suddenly under the impression that there was a lot more to the Skydancer than she had ever let on. [b]"An acquaintance of yours, then?"[/b] he asked, trying to keep his voice light. Obviously she hadn't told him everything, but he was sure enough to stake his life that the hunch he was developing about Valentine was very close to the truth. She looked steely, but also nervous. [b]"You... don't have to answer that."[/b] He instead turned his attention back to the dragon on the ground, who still seemed unaware of their presence. A surge of excitement zipped up the wildclaw's spine. An honest to goodness rogue, who would have thought? His eyes narrowed, trying to see what it was that the Guardian was so intently watching, but from his angle Zion just couldn't make it out. [b]"Should we report it? Hmm, but by then it may be too late for action,"[/b] he mused, not really liking the idea of missing out on the fun. [b]"I suppose we have no choice but to go down there ourselves. You think so too, right?"[/b] If what Valentine said was true, then they both had the upper hand as long as they kept up in the air. He glanced at her, trying to gauge her resolve. [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
Zion listened to Valentine, piecing together the bits of information she gave him. He was suddenly under the impression that there was a lot more to the Skydancer than she had ever let on.

"An acquaintance of yours, then?" he asked, trying to keep his voice light. Obviously she hadn't told him everything, but he was sure enough to stake his life that the hunch he was developing about Valentine was very close to the truth. She looked steely, but also nervous. "You... don't have to answer that."

He instead turned his attention back to the dragon on the ground, who still seemed unaware of their presence. A surge of excitement zipped up the wildclaw's spine. An honest to goodness rogue, who would have thought? His eyes narrowed, trying to see what it was that the Guardian was so intently watching, but from his angle Zion just couldn't make it out.

"Should we report it? Hmm, but by then it may be too late for action," he mused, not really liking the idea of missing out on the fun. "I suppose we have no choice but to go down there ourselves. You think so too, right?" If what Valentine said was true, then they both had the upper hand as long as they kept up in the air. He glanced at her, trying to gauge her resolve.

@Coax
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/30kxapk.png[/img][/center] [b]"You... don't have to answer that."[/b] [b]"I don't think I need to. It's not that hard to put two and two together."[/b] Valentine replied, pushing the matter away. If her suspicions were right, there were dragons down there, being held against their will. The sky dancer didn't want to waste a second. [b]"Attacking him would be useless."[/b] She spoke as she swung around, circling back towards the clearing. The fear was giving way to anticipation; a greatly more welcome feeling. [b]"And he'd spot us for sure if we attempted to sneak in. Tell me, how fast are you?"[/b] [/quote] @Amariex
Valentine wrote:
30kxapk.png

"You... don't have to answer that."

"I don't think I need to. It's not that hard to put two and two together." Valentine replied, pushing the matter away. If her suspicions were right, there were dragons down there, being held against their will. The sky dancer didn't want to waste a second. "Attacking him would be useless." She spoke as she swung around, circling back towards the clearing. The fear was giving way to anticipation; a greatly more welcome feeling. "And he'd spot us for sure if we attempted to sneak in. Tell me, how fast are you?"
@Amariex
[quote="Zion"] Zion welcomed the sudden change of pace. Back to action. At Valentine's question, he grinned. [b]"I'm pretty fast. I'm no Skydancer, but you already saw that I can pull off some pretty slick moves if I do say so myself."[/b] He tilted his head at the Guardian, making sure to keep an eye on him and his surroundings. [b]"Anyway, why can't we can't sneak in? There's two of us and it looks like he's by himself. It's a good opportunity for one of us to try a stealthy approach, don't you think?"[/b] Worst case scenario, they would be spotted and there would be a chase. But they were faster, and Zion was confident that they could get away scot free without having to resort to a fight. [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:

Zion welcomed the sudden change of pace. Back to action. At Valentine's question, he grinned.

"I'm pretty fast. I'm no Skydancer, but you already saw that I can pull off some pretty slick moves if I do say so myself." He tilted his head at the Guardian, making sure to keep an eye on him and his surroundings. "Anyway, why can't we can't sneak in? There's two of us and it looks like he's by himself. It's a good opportunity for one of us to try a stealthy approach, don't you think?"

Worst case scenario, they would be spotted and there would be a chase. But they were faster, and Zion was confident that they could get away scot free without having to resort to a fight.

@Coax
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/30kxapk.png[/img][/center] [b]"A stealthy approach is more what I was thinking."[/b] Valentine agreed, nodding her head at his suggestions. They were nearing the Guardian with each passing second, and running out of time to think as well. [b]"But we'll have to enter in from behind. Hopefully what he's so intently set on are the captives, so barging in through there would be idiotic."[/b] The Skydancer said rapidly, getting caught up in the adrenaline of it all. Her gaze was so focused on the Gaurdian that she didn't break it to glance over at Zion as she gave an amused smile. [b]"Do you mind using those 'swift moves' to keep him occupied while I grab a dragon? Or would you rather the Skydancer take care of the action?"[/b] [/quote] @Amariex
Valentine wrote:
30kxapk.png

"A stealthy approach is more what I was thinking." Valentine agreed, nodding her head at his suggestions. They were nearing the Guardian with each passing second, and running out of time to think as well. "But we'll have to enter in from behind. Hopefully what he's so intently set on are the captives, so barging in through there would be idiotic." The Skydancer said rapidly, getting caught up in the adrenaline of it all. Her gaze was so focused on the Gaurdian that she didn't break it to glance over at Zion as she gave an amused smile. "Do you mind using those 'swift moves' to keep him occupied while I grab a dragon? Or would you rather the Skydancer take care of the action?"
@Amariex
[quote=Nephthys][color=#4C0000]Nephthys listened intently to Cringe. The prospect of war did not sit well with her, learning the bloodiness of battle and horrors of watching your claw-brothers and sisters die in front of you. Nephthys stared at Cringe, as she mentioned that Reeperbahn would lead in training the recruits. She glanced over towards Reeperbahn and saw his side glance towards her, "[b]Cringe, would it not be helpful to the Var if more assistance was provided in the training of the recruits?[/b]" Nephthys knew that Reeperbahn would need her help if he wanted to keep the masses in check, else they talk back and ignore instructions.[/quote] ((GAWD, I hate writers block... I know this is short but it helps to move the plot along. Sorry nihill for the late reply.)) @Rhyvendra @Maus @nihill @FallowFreckles
Nephthys wrote:
Nephthys listened intently to Cringe. The prospect of war did not sit well with her, learning the bloodiness of battle and horrors of watching your claw-brothers and sisters die in front of you.

Nephthys stared at Cringe, as she mentioned that Reeperbahn would lead in training the recruits. She glanced over towards Reeperbahn and saw his side glance towards her, "Cringe, would it not be helpful to the Var if more assistance was provided in the training of the recruits?" Nephthys knew that Reeperbahn would need her help if he wanted to keep the masses in check, else they talk back and ignore instructions.

((GAWD, I hate writers block... I know this is short but it helps to move the plot along. Sorry nihill for the late reply.))
@Rhyvendra @Maus @nihill @FallowFreckles
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
[quote="Zion"][b][i]"Do you mind using those 'swift moves' to keep him occupied while I grab a dragon? Or would you rather the Skydancer take care of the action?"[/i][/b] [b]"Why,"[/b] Zion replied in mock surprise. [b]"I thought you'd never ask. I'd gladly be the beasty's distraction."[/b] They were getting quite close to the Guardian now. It only felt right for Zion to bait him, as Valentine was much smaller and could slip away undetected easier. That and the fact that this was going to be loads of fun and certainly a story to tell. His heart pumped faster at the prospect of what they were about to do. [b]"On your signal, then."[/b][/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
"Do you mind using those 'swift moves' to keep him occupied while I grab a dragon? Or would you rather the Skydancer take care of the action?"

"Why," Zion replied in mock surprise. "I thought you'd never ask. I'd gladly be the beasty's distraction."

They were getting quite close to the Guardian now. It only felt right for Zion to bait him, as Valentine was much smaller and could slip away undetected easier. That and the fact that this was going to be loads of fun and certainly a story to tell. His heart pumped faster at the prospect of what they were about to do.

"On your signal, then."

@Coax
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/30kxapk.png[/img][/center] Valentine gave a curt nod, bringing her wings in. She would much rather be out of sight when the Wildclaw made his move for multiple reasons, the main being she didn't want the rouges to know she was still alive. As a secondary thought, she glanced at Zion, head cocked. [b]"Try not to die down there,"[/b] Valentine said. [b]"I'm not to fond of working with the other Augur messengers."[/b] And with that she tucked her wings in tight, silently streamlining into the tree tops. When she landed, Valentine was almost directly behind the Gaurdian, tucked away on too of an old oak at the other end of the clearing. For a slight moment she sat and watched the old brute to make sure he hadn't caught wind of the pair. Determining they were in the clear, she shifted her gaze to Zion, giving him another brief nod. [i]Go.[/i] [/quote] @Amariex
Valentine wrote:
30kxapk.png

Valentine gave a curt nod, bringing her wings in. She would much rather be out of sight when the Wildclaw made his move for multiple reasons, the main being she didn't want the rouges to know she was still alive. As a secondary thought, she glanced at Zion, head cocked. "Try not to die down there," Valentine said. "I'm not to fond of working with the other Augur messengers." And with that she tucked her wings in tight, silently streamlining into the tree tops.

When she landed, Valentine was almost directly behind the Gaurdian, tucked away on too of an old oak at the other end of the clearing. For a slight moment she sat and watched the old brute to make sure he hadn't caught wind of the pair. Determining they were in the clear, she shifted her gaze to Zion, giving him another brief nod. Go.
@Amariex
[quote="Zion"] Zion nearly laughed. [b]"And I'm not too fond of dying, so trust me when I say I'll do my best not to."[/b] [i]Well,[/i] he thought in amusement as he watched her dive out of sight. [i]I think she likes me.[/i] Valentine soon reappeared on the highest branch of a tree. The slight movement of her head was Zion's cue, and he flew in lower until he was sure that he was in the Guardian's sight but still safely out of reach. He knew full well that stealth was their approach here, but the temptation to have a bit of fun was irresistible. [b]"You down there!"[/b] he called cheerfully. [b]"I say. Are those gigantic bird droppings on your back or is that just the way your scales look?"[/b] [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
Zion nearly laughed. "And I'm not too fond of dying, so trust me when I say I'll do my best not to."

Well, he thought in amusement as he watched her dive out of sight. I think she likes me.

Valentine soon reappeared on the highest branch of a tree. The slight movement of her head was Zion's cue, and he flew in lower until he was sure that he was in the Guardian's sight but still safely out of reach. He knew full well that stealth was their approach here, but the temptation to have a bit of fun was irresistible.

"You down there!" he called cheerfully. "I say. Are those gigantic bird droppings on your back or is that just the way your scales look?"

@Coax
[quote="Cringe"][color=darkred]Giving a quiet, fatigued sort of snort, Cringe leans forward to take another tongueful of wine, wondering when this day will ever end. She nods towards Nephthys, acknowledging her input. [b]"Of course, he will have help. Breksta has already volunteered."[/b] At a noise from Reeperbahn, the leader glances his way, noticing the look of uncertainty on his face. [b]"Yes, I'll count on you to keep her from traumatizing or devouring any of the recruits. I would also like you to enlist Ice for the duty; she has a good way with dragons. "As for you, Nephthys, you will need to do everything you can to bring our current warriors in training up to scratch as quickly as possible. Even the youngsters who cannot fly yet - who knows but we may see some tunnel fighting. In addition, I hope you will organize patrols of the Deepheart. At least one trained warrior in each, and a few of our Augur trainees when Reeperbahn passes them; we want the entire perimeter of the cavern watched, most especially the tunnel mouths, and since that's such a lot of space you might want to break it up into three or four patrols. Any unknown dragon should be questioned - oh, I suppose I'll need to speak with Rage about arranging some easily visible mark of clan and rank to be worn..."[/b] This last bit is more or less to herself and, realizing that her mind is wandering, she shakes her head briskly and continues. [b]"For now, however, keep this news amongst yourselves and the other warriors. In a couple of days, we'll be having a feast for both underworld clans to make the announcements, there's no need to make anyone anxious before then."[/b][/quote] @Maus @SpectrileBanner Trying to wrap things up so we can get to the feast.
Cringe wrote:
Giving a quiet, fatigued sort of snort, Cringe leans forward to take another tongueful of wine, wondering when this day will ever end. She nods towards Nephthys, acknowledging her input. "Of course, he will have help. Breksta has already volunteered." At a noise from Reeperbahn, the leader glances his way, noticing the look of uncertainty on his face. "Yes, I'll count on you to keep her from traumatizing or devouring any of the recruits. I would also like you to enlist Ice for the duty; she has a good way with dragons.

"As for you, Nephthys, you will need to do everything you can to bring our current warriors in training up to scratch as quickly as possible. Even the youngsters who cannot fly yet - who knows but we may see some tunnel fighting. In addition, I hope you will organize patrols of the Deepheart. At least one trained warrior in each, and a few of our Augur trainees when Reeperbahn passes them; we want the entire perimeter of the cavern watched, most especially the tunnel mouths, and since that's such a lot of space you might want to break it up into three or four patrols. Any unknown dragon should be questioned - oh, I suppose I'll need to speak with Rage about arranging some easily visible mark of clan and rank to be worn..."
This last bit is more or less to herself and, realizing that her mind is wandering, she shakes her head briskly and continues. "For now, however, keep this news amongst yourselves and the other warriors. In a couple of days, we'll be having a feast for both underworld clans to make the announcements, there's no need to make anyone anxious before then."
@Maus @SpectrileBanner
Trying to wrap things up so we can get to the feast.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15