Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Deepheart
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
[quote=Valentine] Valentine nodded in agreement. [b]"Good idea. I just hope it's not to much to worry about, with the feast and all. They need some time to relax."[/b] A new dragon was one thing. A new dragon with ties to a band of rouges who had set up camp in flying distance from the Deepheart was another entirely. When Zion spoke of things turning out for the better, that was all it took to sooth Valentine nerves. She realized with a slight pang of guilt that she'd never thought of it that way, moving from day to day expecting the worst. But they were here now, weren't they? Things had to get bad before they could get better. She gave a small smile and stood, removing her wing from the unnerved Pearlcatcher, who continued to do nothing for fear of messing something up. [b]"Let's hope you're right."[/b] [/quote] [[ @amariex I think I'm going to put Risis in Augur as an artist if there's any room. He's defiantly not the Var type. ]]
Valentine wrote:

Valentine nodded in agreement. "Good idea. I just hope it's not to much to worry about, with the feast and all. They need some time to relax." A new dragon was one thing. A new dragon with ties to a band of rouges who had set up camp in flying distance from the Deepheart was another entirely.

When Zion spoke of things turning out for the better, that was all it took to sooth Valentine nerves. She realized with a slight pang of guilt that she'd never thought of it that way, moving from day to day expecting the worst. But they were here now, weren't they? Things had to get bad before they could get better. She gave a small smile and stood, removing her wing from the unnerved Pearlcatcher, who continued to do nothing for fear of messing something up. "Let's hope you're right."

@amariex I think I'm going to put Risis in Augur as an artist if there's any room. He's defiantly not the Var type.
sig_coffee_by_vampireselene13-d9fi8vi.png
[quote=Lucis] [center][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/imjdkl.png[/img][/center] The venue Lucis and the festival sub-council had decided upon was the incredibly spacious rock garden in one of Deepheart's central caverns. It had always been set aside for occasions such as this. The walls were tall and carved out since ancient times, along with a few openings that let in some light. But it was truly more beautiful in the dark, scattered with pools and plants that glimmered with bio-luminescence. Even so, strings of lights had been threaded in crisscross patterns all around, each unique lantern handcrafted by Augur's best artists. Enticing smells wafted all around, ready to assail the noses of every dragon that attended. There were stalls throughout the area, each one offering an activity or two. All in all, the atmosphere was very festive. Lucis looked around at the end result of her work. To anyone else she may have seemed calm and composed, but inside she was frantic. In only a few moments, the Var and Augur dragons would come pouring in to either enjoy or hate what had been several days worth of meticulous planning. She still had to go over some last minute details to determine that everything was as close to perfection as it could get. This was one opportunity that would not repeat itself. A success here would boost her up in the eyes of her clan. A single mistake, however... She shuddered to think of it. Soon someone would come and check over the feast before it began, and her heart did several somersaults at the thought of the evaluation. As if reading her mind, Ori squeaked encouragingly from her shoulder. Lucis smiled nervously at her little glowing pocket mouse. [b]"Here we go." [/b] [/quote] @Coax I hope you don't mind that I cut off Zion and Valentine's conversation at this point. But everyone's going to meet up at the feast anyway, so those two can pick up where they left off here, if you still want to interact with him :D @nihill Here it is at last! I'm so sorry for making you and everyone else wait. Also I wasn't sure whether or not to mass ping everyone, so I ended up not doing it. Just say the word and I will on the OOC thread.
Lucis wrote:
imjdkl.png

The venue Lucis and the festival sub-council had decided upon was the incredibly spacious rock garden in one of Deepheart's central caverns. It had always been set aside for occasions such as this. The walls were tall and carved out since ancient times, along with a few openings that let in some light. But it was truly more beautiful in the dark, scattered with pools and plants that glimmered with bio-luminescence. Even so, strings of lights had been threaded in crisscross patterns all around, each unique lantern handcrafted by Augur's best artists. Enticing smells wafted all around, ready to assail the noses of every dragon that attended. There were stalls throughout the area, each one offering an activity or two. All in all, the atmosphere was very festive.

Lucis looked around at the end result of her work. To anyone else she may have seemed calm and composed, but inside she was frantic. In only a few moments, the Var and Augur dragons would come pouring in to either enjoy or hate what had been several days worth of meticulous planning. She still had to go over some last minute details to determine that everything was as close to perfection as it could get. This was one opportunity that would not repeat itself. A success here would boost her up in the eyes of her clan. A single mistake, however... She shuddered to think of it.

Soon someone would come and check over the feast before it began, and her heart did several somersaults at the thought of the evaluation. As if reading her mind, Ori squeaked encouragingly from her shoulder. Lucis smiled nervously at her little glowing pocket mouse.

"Here we go."

@Coax I hope you don't mind that I cut off Zion and Valentine's conversation at this point. But everyone's going to meet up at the feast anyway, so those two can pick up where they left off here, if you still want to interact with him :D

@nihill Here it is at last! I'm so sorry for making you and everyone else wait. Also I wasn't sure whether or not to mass ping everyone, so I ended up not doing it. Just say the word and I will on the OOC thread.
[quote="Reeperbahn"][color=indigo]Having spent the better part of the day arranging possible training routines and schedules for all the green Augur 'warriors' he was going to have to teach soon, Reeperbahn should have been exhausted. But he was still young enough - and definitely sociable enough - that the prospect of a feast delighted him, and it would be great to relax for a while. As he reaches the rock garden designated for the feast's location, he looks around with interest. The area is more or less empty still, serving to show off all the decorations and entertainments that have been arranged, but as he pads towards the front of the space he does spot the Skydancer there. Reeperbahn didn't know Lucis personally, but he does recognize her as a somewhat new member of the council; Cringe was certain to keep him up to date on political matters, whether he enjoyed it or not. Approaching closer, he calls out: [b]"This looks amazing, Lucis! You did an excellent job!"[/b][/quote] @amariex I suppose we might as well let everyone know. Don't worry about the wait, I've been having difficulty with my internet anyway. @Rhyvendra @WildDragonFlying @Maus @SpectrileBanner @SoulKitty12 @BreakTheLine @Nefepants @FallowFreckles @Coax @Fortuna @ponypyon @Brains @Etcetera7 @Nauthiz @TehZion @Brachyurus @siatwin @zanidragon
Reeperbahn wrote:
Having spent the better part of the day arranging possible training routines and schedules for all the green Augur 'warriors' he was going to have to teach soon, Reeperbahn should have been exhausted. But he was still young enough - and definitely sociable enough - that the prospect of a feast delighted him, and it would be great to relax for a while.

As he reaches the rock garden designated for the feast's location, he looks around with interest. The area is more or less empty still, serving to show off all the decorations and entertainments that have been arranged, but as he pads towards the front of the space he does spot the Skydancer there. Reeperbahn didn't know Lucis personally, but he does recognize her as a somewhat new member of the council; Cringe was certain to keep him up to date on political matters, whether he enjoyed it or not. Approaching closer, he calls out: "This looks amazing, Lucis! You did an excellent job!"

@amariex I suppose we might as well let everyone know. Don't worry about the wait, I've been having difficulty with my internet anyway.

@Rhyvendra @WildDragonFlying @Maus @SpectrileBanner @SoulKitty12 @BreakTheLine @Nefepants @FallowFreckles @Coax @Fortuna @ponypyon @Brains @Etcetera7 @Nauthiz @TehZion @Brachyurus @siatwin @zanidragon
[sup] ((I am really unsure of how to get into the rp so i'm just posting something vague to get a feel for his character and go from there!)) [quote="Ritmo"]Rit sighed as he flew gently, gliding on the air as his long spindle wing fingers out stretched to drink in more and more wind to keep him up. Usually Ritmo never bothered to socialize or be about when festivities happen but for some reason he felt as if he should actually do something. Thus, lured away from his own comfort zone he came forth for some sort of festival or feast. But like usual he was early, so now he spent his time circling parts of the large cavern out of sheer unwillingness to do anything else. He could feel the beautiful ache in his limbs as he brushed downward with his wings, but as a slower pace so he descended. Rit arched one down so he banked to circle part of the cavern again. He loved being able to fly about while being safe in their own underworld. But soon was time to feast and Rit longed to rest his body a bit so with that he made a swirl to a longer and clearer stretch of deepheart and landed rather skillfully and blinked as he furled in his wings against himself, a slight twinge of relief filled him as weight was distributed to his legs rather than wings. He thought to himself, [i]soon....[/i] and he padded along as he waited for the time for the feast![/quote]
((I am really unsure of how to get into the rp so i'm just posting something vague to get a feel for his character and go from there!))

Ritmo wrote:
Rit sighed as he flew gently, gliding on the air as his long spindle wing fingers out stretched to drink in more and more wind to keep him up. Usually Ritmo never bothered to socialize or be about when festivities happen but for some reason he felt as if he should actually do something. Thus, lured away from his own comfort zone he came forth for some sort of festival or feast. But like usual he was early, so now he spent his time circling parts of the large cavern out of sheer unwillingness to do anything else.

He could feel the beautiful ache in his limbs as he brushed downward with his wings, but as a slower pace so he descended. Rit arched one down so he banked to circle part of the cavern again. He loved being able to fly about while being safe in their own underworld. But soon was time to feast and Rit longed to rest his body a bit so with that he made a swirl to a longer and clearer stretch of deepheart and landed rather skillfully and blinked as he furled in his wings against himself, a slight twinge of relief filled him as weight was distributed to his legs rather than wings. He thought to himself, soon.... and he padded along as he waited for the time for the feast!
0VDT3X0.png
Aphelion swept her gaze over the feasting grounds, feeling excitement and fear build in her gut. She clutched her pearl close to her belly and ran her claws down its glossy surface. Although she couldn't see many of them directly, she felt the presence of her clanmates around her and felt instantly comforted. This feast was going to be a great one, she could feel it.
Aphelion swept her gaze over the feasting grounds, feeling excitement and fear build in her gut. She clutched her pearl close to her belly and ran her claws down its glossy surface. Although she couldn't see many of them directly, she felt the presence of her clanmates around her and felt instantly comforted. This feast was going to be a great one, she could feel it.
why all my cats have wings and scales?
[quote=Breksta][color=#3E4F72] Breksta had heard the announcements for the festival. A booming messenger was recalling the message. '[i]How I wanted to kill him[/i].' She thought venomously. The messenger had woken her from her sleep. She stood out of her intricate pillows and hallowed bed. She stretched, her body lengthening, tail curling around her. Breksta looked around her room, bigger than most rooms, and looked for her clothing. She wrapped her maw, put on her cloak, and ensured her jewelry was in place, namely her amulet. '[i]Should I wear the cape?[/i]' Looking towards her winter cape, that she managed to buy from a passing merchant in the Borderlands. She wrapped the cape around her silver body, the fabric flowing around her, dragging slightly on the ground. Breksta walked out of her room, into the hallway, hearing the commotion of dragons talking amongst themselves. She ignored it, and walked down to the caverns, she felt eyes following her, amulet glowing, "[b]Wolf! Come out![/b]" Her familiar, a black wolf, crept out of the shadows, tail between its legs, head down, ears drooping. Her amulet glowed crimson, "[b]You didn't kill the bat! Be glad I'm not so keen to kill.[/b]" She glared at her familiar, it backed into the shadows. Her amulet glowed again, a dull purple this time, "[b]Come. I don't want any more failures from you.[/b]" Breksta's wolf follow behind her, its tail swishing behind it, fur on edge. She had arrived earlier than others, but there were a few dragons milling about the cavern. Breksta spotted the skydancer, talking to Reeperbahn. There was another skydancer, '[i]This one seems more confident than the other...[/i]' She mused to herself, another caught her eye, a Pearlcatcher, shy in her movements, and fear radiated off of her, (Well from what her amulet could tell). Her wolf, wagged its tail, eyes keen on the dragons Breksta was viewing. Breksta walked over towards Reeperbahn and the Skydancer, her jewelry jingling, cloak and cape flowing, wolf following close behind her, eyeing them both, "[b]Reeperbahn, Skydancer.[/b]" She looked at the Skydancer, feeling the nervousness radiating off of her, "[b]Reeperbahn, where is Cringe?[/b]" '[i]I want to know if the lizard will attend the festival.[/i]' She wanted to add. [/quote] ((Hey people!!! Welcome!!! To the new ones, Breksta can feel the emotion you radiat, but only if you are unawares. She is also mute, relying on her amulet to communicate with others. Crazy and bloodthirsty too... Also don't touch her amulet... You don't want to know what happened to the last dragon who did... :D)) @Rhyvendra @WildDragonFlying @Maus @SoulKitty12 @BreakTheLine @Nefepants @FallowFreckles @Coax @Fortuna @ponypyon @Brains @Etcetera7 @Nauthiz @TehZion @Brachyurus @siatwin @zanidragon @nihill
Breksta wrote:
Breksta had heard the announcements for the festival. A booming messenger was recalling the message. 'How I wanted to kill him.' She thought venomously. The messenger had woken her from her sleep. She stood out of her intricate pillows and hallowed bed. She stretched, her body lengthening, tail curling around her.

Breksta looked around her room, bigger than most rooms, and looked for her clothing. She wrapped her maw, put on her cloak, and ensured her jewelry was in place, namely her amulet. 'Should I wear the cape?' Looking towards her winter cape, that she managed to buy from a passing merchant in the Borderlands. She wrapped the cape around her silver body, the fabric flowing around her, dragging slightly on the ground.

Breksta walked out of her room, into the hallway, hearing the commotion of dragons talking amongst themselves. She ignored it, and walked down to the caverns, she felt eyes following her, amulet glowing, "Wolf! Come out!" Her familiar, a black wolf, crept out of the shadows, tail between its legs, head down, ears drooping. Her amulet glowed crimson, "You didn't kill the bat! Be glad I'm not so keen to kill." She glared at her familiar, it backed into the shadows. Her amulet glowed again, a dull purple this time, "Come. I don't want any more failures from you." Breksta's wolf follow behind her, its tail swishing behind it, fur on edge.

She had arrived earlier than others, but there were a few dragons milling about the cavern. Breksta spotted the skydancer, talking to Reeperbahn. There was another skydancer, 'This one seems more confident than the other...' She mused to herself, another caught her eye, a Pearlcatcher, shy in her movements, and fear radiated off of her, (Well from what her amulet could tell). Her wolf, wagged its tail, eyes keen on the dragons Breksta was viewing.

Breksta walked over towards Reeperbahn and the Skydancer, her jewelry jingling, cloak and cape flowing, wolf following close behind her, eyeing them both, "Reeperbahn, Skydancer." She looked at the Skydancer, feeling the nervousness radiating off of her, "Reeperbahn, where is Cringe?" 'I want to know if the lizard will attend the festival.' She wanted to add.

((Hey people!!! Welcome!!! To the new ones, Breksta can feel the emotion you radiat, but only if you are unawares. She is also mute, relying on her amulet to communicate with others. Crazy and bloodthirsty too... Also don't touch her amulet... You don't want to know what happened to the last dragon who did... :D))

@Rhyvendra @WildDragonFlying @Maus @SoulKitty12 @BreakTheLine @Nefepants @FallowFreckles @Coax @Fortuna @ponypyon @Brains @Etcetera7 @Nauthiz @TehZion @Brachyurus @siatwin @zanidragon @nihill
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
@SpectrileBanner (She made a cloak out of their skin, didn't she?)

I am totally going to post Cringe in...just a minute.
@SpectrileBanner (She made a cloak out of their skin, didn't she?)

I am totally going to post Cringe in...just a minute.
@nihill You know her too well! XD
@nihill You know her too well! XD
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
Mynthraas had just got back from running a quick errand. Many knew dragons had entered the area since she had last been there, so she quietly folded her wings and sat on the edge of the conversations, trying to form a coherent thought to grasp at what they were talking about.
@nihill @SpectrileBanner@Etcetera7@Maus
((wow there are so many new people. Hello!!))
Mynthraas had just got back from running a quick errand. Many knew dragons had entered the area since she had last been there, so she quietly folded her wings and sat on the edge of the conversations, trying to form a coherent thought to grasp at what they were talking about.
@nihill @SpectrileBanner@Etcetera7@Maus
((wow there are so many new people. Hello!!))
[quote="Reeperbahn"][color=indigo]Hearing his name, Reeperbahn turns to see Breksta, one of the clan's council members. There's no denying that the mute Wildclaw is creepy (and probably works for that impression), but Reeperbahn is less wary around her than most of his clan mates - probably because he doesn't spend much time around her. Ever punctilious with social forms, he bows his head briefly in respect. [b]"Greetings, Breksta. I honestly have no clue; I believe she had some meeting with High Empress Rage prior to the feast, but that may have been earlier. Undoubtedly she'll be here soon."[/b] Turning slightly, he waves towards the Skydancer near him. [b]"Do you know Lucis? Oh, how ridiculous of me: of course you do, you must have met in council. Anyway, she arranged everything - and did a glorious job! I can see why the High Empress promoted you to the council."[/b] The last comment, of course, is directed to Lucis. Reeperbahn only hopes his own garrulous introduction can smooth over the rudeness with which Breksta approached. [i]Maybe there's a reason Var has such a bad reputation with other clans, after all...[/i][/quote] @SpectrileBanner @amariex She did a nice job with the skinning, at least.
Reeperbahn wrote:
Hearing his name, Reeperbahn turns to see Breksta, one of the clan's council members. There's no denying that the mute Wildclaw is creepy (and probably works for that impression), but Reeperbahn is less wary around her than most of his clan mates - probably because he doesn't spend much time around her. Ever punctilious with social forms, he bows his head briefly in respect. "Greetings, Breksta. I honestly have no clue; I believe she had some meeting with High Empress Rage prior to the feast, but that may have been earlier. Undoubtedly she'll be here soon."

Turning slightly, he waves towards the Skydancer near him. "Do you know Lucis? Oh, how ridiculous of me: of course you do, you must have met in council. Anyway, she arranged everything - and did a glorious job! I can see why the High Empress promoted you to the council." The last comment, of course, is directed to Lucis. Reeperbahn only hopes his own garrulous introduction can smooth over the rudeness with which Breksta approached. Maybe there's a reason Var has such a bad reputation with other clans, after all...
@SpectrileBanner @amariex

She did a nice job with the skinning, at least.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15