Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Deepheart
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/30kxapk.png[/img][/center] The Guardian's nostrils flared, though his eyes remained riveted to the scene before him, for the glimpse of Zion he caught through the corner of his eye was enough. About five different dragons, all appearing quite unhealthy, lay in fitful sleep among a dozen other empty nests, belonging to the unlucky ones who were still on duty. The Guardian spoke, his voice low and not exactly pleasant. [b]"Why don't you come down here and get a better look, pretty boy."[/b] He rumbled. [b]"I'll show you a thing or two about scales."[/b] Valentine watched from her perch in anticipation, staying low in the branches. The sound of the Guardians voice nearly made her knees quake. [i]Suck it up, wuss.[/i] She scolded herself, craning her neck to get a view of what the brute was guarding. [i]You're not the one in danger here.[/i] [/quote] @Amariex
Valentine wrote:
30kxapk.png

The Guardian's nostrils flared, though his eyes remained riveted to the scene before him, for the glimpse of Zion he caught through the corner of his eye was enough. About five different dragons, all appearing quite unhealthy, lay in fitful sleep among a dozen other empty nests, belonging to the unlucky ones who were still on duty. The Guardian spoke, his voice low and not exactly pleasant. "Why don't you come down here and get a better look, pretty boy." He rumbled. "I'll show you a thing or two about scales."

Valentine watched from her perch in anticipation, staying low in the branches. The sound of the Guardians voice nearly made her knees quake. Suck it up, wuss. She scolded herself, craning her neck to get a view of what the brute was guarding. You're not the one in danger here.
@Amariex
sig_coffee_by_vampireselene13-d9fi8vi.png
[quote="Zion"] [b]"I'd rather not, thank you,[/b] Zion replied airily. [b]"I like my view from up here. Well. That's what I would usually say if I were looking at anything else but you."[/b] [i]What a mess,[/i] he thought as he eyed the Guardian's charges. Whatever they had been through, it most likely wasn't pretty. For a second he felt his heart go out to Valentine, but he let none of that show, keeping his rascally grin on instead. [b]"What's their story?"[/b] he asked. The dragon below still hadn't turn around to look at him. [b]"Was the sight of your ungodly face too much for the poor things or what? Though to be honest, I'd probably pass out too if I had to stare at your mug all day."[/b][/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
"I'd rather not, thank you, Zion replied airily. "I like my view from up here. Well. That's what I would usually say if I were looking at anything else but you."

What a mess, he thought as he eyed the Guardian's charges. Whatever they had been through, it most likely wasn't pretty. For a second he felt his heart go out to Valentine, but he let none of that show, keeping his rascally grin on instead.

"What's their story?" he asked. The dragon below still hadn't turn around to look at him. "Was the sight of your ungodly face too much for the poor things or what? Though to be honest, I'd probably pass out too if I had to stare at your mug all day."

@Coax
[quote=The Guardian ] He couldn't stay put after the string of insults the wildclaw had just spewed on him, and to his credit, he had a feeling they wouldn't stop there. The Guardian's head turned and he forced himself up, anger plastered all over his face. Looks weren't exactly something he cared about, but there wasn't a chance in a lifetime where the brute would just sit idle and take any sort of abuse. Verbal, or physical. [b]"You talk awfully big for such a weak looking dragon."[/b] He growled, lashing his tail. [/quote] @Amariex
The Guardian wrote:
He couldn't stay put after the string of insults the wildclaw had just spewed on him, and to his credit, he had a feeling they wouldn't stop there. The Guardian's head turned and he forced himself up, anger plastered all over his face. Looks weren't exactly something he cared about, but there wasn't a chance in a lifetime where the brute would just sit idle and take any sort of abuse. Verbal, or physical. "You talk awfully big for such a weak looking dragon." He growled, lashing his tail.
@Amariex
[quote="Zion"] Finally, Zion had grabbed the Guardian's attention. He could tell that he was getting close to touching a nerve. All that was left was to get the ruffian up into the air. He feigned confusion, then flashed his brightest, most innocent smile. [b]"Do forgive me, but would you mind repeating that? I was so overwhelmed at finally seeing your unfortunate snout that I didn't quite catch what you said."[/b] [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
Finally, Zion had grabbed the Guardian's attention. He could tell that he was getting close to touching a nerve. All that was left was to get the ruffian up into the air. He feigned confusion, then flashed his brightest, most innocent smile.

"Do forgive me, but would you mind repeating that? I was so overwhelmed at finally seeing your unfortunate snout that I didn't quite catch what you said."

@Coax
[quote=The Guardian ] [b]"That's it."[/b] The guard growled, forgetting about his duties. Stepping away from the tree line, he spread his weathered wings and lifted himself into the air, a bit clumsily. The leaves rattled on the trees with the wind he generated, which only served to provide cover for Valentine, whether he knew it or not. [b]"If you're to much of a coward to come down, I'll come up."[/quote] [quote=Valentine] Valentine was making her way towards the nests, half climbing and half gliding from branch to branch. in the time the two had been going back and forth, she'd covered the distance around the clearing. She crouched low on her branch, just on the edge of the make-shift den. All five of the servants had awoken, and two had already run off into the woods, assumingly to avoid the conflict. They were all smaller-breed dragons, but so was she. It killed Valentine that she couldn't take them all, but she only had two hands, and there was only one she thought she could carry. Even then, it would be a challenge. [/quote] @Amariex
The Guardian wrote:

"That's it." The guard growled, forgetting about his duties. Stepping away from the tree line, he spread his weathered wings and lifted himself into the air, a bit clumsily. The leaves rattled on the trees with the wind he generated, which only served to provide cover for Valentine, whether he knew it or not. "If you're to much of a coward to come down, I'll come up."
Valentine wrote:

Valentine was making her way towards the nests, half climbing and half gliding from branch to branch. in the time the two had been going back and forth, she'd covered the distance around the clearing. She crouched low on her branch, just on the edge of the make-shift den. All five of the servants had awoken, and two had already run off into the woods, assumingly to avoid the conflict. They were all smaller-breed dragons, but so was she. It killed Valentine that she couldn't take them all, but she only had two hands, and there was only one she thought she could carry. Even then, it would be a challenge.
@Amariex
[quote="Zion"]The sight of the Guardian with his wings fully spread was an intimidating one to be sure. Zion was incredibly small in comparison, but he wouldn't let something like that get to him--and even if it did, he surely wouldn't admit it. He flapped his own wings and rose higher, feeling the rush of adrenaline surge through him. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a slight movement below. It was Valentine, moving to another branch closer to the clearing. Zion hoped she would be able to do her part quickly, but at the same time he was rather enjoying himself. He returned his full focus to the looming Guardian, his eyes crinkling with anticipation. [b]"Do hurry up,"[/b] he called out, continuing to taunt the other dragon. [b]"At this rate the sun will have set before you even get up here!"[/b] [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
The sight of the Guardian with his wings fully spread was an intimidating one to be sure. Zion was incredibly small in comparison, but he wouldn't let something like that get to him--and even if it did, he surely wouldn't admit it. He flapped his own wings and rose higher, feeling the rush of adrenaline surge through him. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a slight movement below. It was Valentine, moving to another branch closer to the clearing. Zion hoped she would be able to do her part quickly, but at the same time he was rather enjoying himself. He returned his full focus to the looming Guardian, his eyes crinkling with anticipation.

"Do hurry up," he called out, continuing to taunt the other dragon. "At this rate the sun will have set before you even get up here!"

@Coax
[quote=The Guardian] With a deep, rumbling roar, the Guardian propelled himself in the air, caring nothing for grace. He made a B-line straight for the agitating Wildclaw, his naw gaping to reveal two rows of large, sharp teeth. Extending his neck, he clamped his jaws down on where he estimated Zion to be, bobbing up and down with each flap of his wings. [/quote] [quote=Valentine] The second the Guardian made his move, Valentine turned her attention to the young Pearlcatcher below her, confident that Zion had him completely distracted. Swooping down, she grabbed him, wrapping her arms around his chest. She could feel him stiffen in surprise, and quickly shushed him before he could scream. [b]"Shh. We're getting you out of here. So shut up."[/b] Valentine instructed tersely, gliding back up into the air. The Pearlcatcher was heavy, but thankfully, he was cooperative. It took all her strength to keep herself and him aloft. She couldn't look back to see that Zion knew the job had been accomplished, so she just had to trust that he could get himself out of there. For now, her main concern was getting the young dragon to safety.[/quote] [[ @Amariex Would you mind skipping to when they both arrive at the Deepheart? We need to wrap this up before the feast. ]]
The Guardian wrote:

With a deep, rumbling roar, the Guardian propelled himself in the air, caring nothing for grace. He made a B-line straight for the agitating Wildclaw, his naw gaping to reveal two rows of large, sharp teeth. Extending his neck, he clamped his jaws down on where he estimated Zion to be, bobbing up and down with each flap of his wings.
Valentine wrote:

The second the Guardian made his move, Valentine turned her attention to the young Pearlcatcher below her, confident that Zion had him completely distracted. Swooping down, she grabbed him, wrapping her arms around his chest. She could feel him stiffen in surprise, and quickly shushed him before he could scream. "Shh. We're getting you out of here. So shut up." Valentine instructed tersely, gliding back up into the air. The Pearlcatcher was heavy, but thankfully, he was cooperative. It took all her strength to keep herself and him aloft. She couldn't look back to see that Zion knew the job had been accomplished, so she just had to trust that he could get himself out of there. For now, her main concern was getting the young dragon to safety.

@Amariex Would you mind skipping to when they both arrive at the Deepheart? We need to wrap this up before the feast.
[quote="Zion"] Minutes later, Valentine, Zion, and the young Pearlcatcher had arrived back at the Deepheart. Every now and then, Zion would burst into peals of laughter whenever he recalled what they had just been through. [b]"Did you [i]see[/i] the lumbering oaf?"[/b] he chortled gleefully, making a mockery of the rogue Guardian. [b]"He thought he had me for sure, and all that time I was right over his head. I could have sworn he was about to bite his own tail once, going around in circles the way he did."[/b] Some of the mischief still gleamed in his eyes, and he looked at Valentine, appraising her. [b]"You were pretty quick yourself. That was some top notch teamwork we had going on."[/b] Zion let out a happy sigh, content with how things had turned out. It had put him in a rather good mood, until he remembered what they had to do next. [b]"I suppose we need to notify someone about this now,"[/b] he said, glancing at the young Pearlcatcher. [b]"How's the little one holding up?"[/b] [/quote] @Coax Not at all. Here we go.
Zion wrote:
Minutes later, Valentine, Zion, and the young Pearlcatcher had arrived back at the Deepheart. Every now and then, Zion would burst into peals of laughter whenever he recalled what they had just been through.

"Did you see the lumbering oaf?" he chortled gleefully, making a mockery of the rogue Guardian. "He thought he had me for sure, and all that time I was right over his head. I could have sworn he was about to bite his own tail once, going around in circles the way he did." Some of the mischief still gleamed in his eyes, and he looked at Valentine, appraising her. "You were pretty quick yourself. That was some top notch teamwork we had going on."

Zion let out a happy sigh, content with how things had turned out. It had put him in a rather good mood, until he remembered what they had to do next. "I suppose we need to notify someone about this now," he said, glancing at the young Pearlcatcher. "How's the little one holding up?"

@Coax Not at all. Here we go.
[quote=Valentine] Valentine landed on a wide ledge, setting the Pearlcatcher down with aching arms. He'd been surprisingly cooperative throughout the entire venture, but Valentine had felt him shaking and knew that he must be terrified. She listened to Zion's mocking comments, rolling her eyes but finding she couldn't hold back a smile. They'd done it. They'd actually done it. While he talked, she checked the young one over, sitting close to him with her wing on his back. [b]"That was some top notch teamwork we had going on." "I suppose we need to notify someone about this now,"[/b] [b]"Because with the power of annoyance and jumping from branch to branch, they're nothing we can't do."[/b] Valentine laughed softly, going quite at the mention of telling someone about their little adventure. She was afraid about how they'd react to having a former rouge captive among them. There'd be thoughts of spying for sure- not to mention what they'd think of her. [b]"Your leader or mine?"[/b] [/quote] [quote=Ricis] [b]"How's the little one holding up?"[/b] Risis just nodded shakily, not really meaning anything by it, but not wanting to respond either. He didn't know whether to believe his luck or not. The pair seemed nice enough, but everything had just happened so quickly. [/quote] @Amariex Thanks. :)
Valentine wrote:

Valentine landed on a wide ledge, setting the Pearlcatcher down with aching arms. He'd been surprisingly cooperative throughout the entire venture, but Valentine had felt him shaking and knew that he must be terrified. She listened to Zion's mocking comments, rolling her eyes but finding she couldn't hold back a smile. They'd done it. They'd actually done it. While he talked, she checked the young one over, sitting close to him with her wing on his back.

"That was some top notch teamwork we had going on."
"I suppose we need to notify someone about this now,"

"Because with the power of annoyance and jumping from branch to branch, they're nothing we can't do." Valentine laughed softly, going quite at the mention of telling someone about their little adventure. She was afraid about how they'd react to having a former rouge captive among them. There'd be thoughts of spying for sure- not to mention what they'd think of her. "Your leader or mine?"
Ricis wrote:
"How's the little one holding up?"

Risis just nodded shakily, not really meaning anything by it, but not wanting to respond either. He didn't know whether to believe his luck or not. The pair seemed nice enough, but everything had just happened so quickly.
@Amariex Thanks. :)
[quote=Zion] [b][i]"Your leader or mine?"[/i][/b] Zion scratched his chin in thought. [b]"We were both involved, so let's tell our respective leaders. They both really ought to know, anyway, and I'm sure they'll understand."[/b] He looked at the young one they had saved. Valentine seemed to be very protective of the child, and rightfully so. The poor thing looked frail, besides being very shaken up and teetering on the edge with anxiety. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any serious repercussions for what they had done to rescue him. [b]"Things always turn out for the better,"[/b] he reassured them. [b]"And we did the right thing. We shouldn't fret."[/b] [/quote] @Coax
Zion wrote:
"Your leader or mine?"

Zion scratched his chin in thought. "We were both involved, so let's tell our respective leaders. They both really ought to know, anyway, and I'm sure they'll understand."

He looked at the young one they had saved. Valentine seemed to be very protective of the child, and rightfully so. The poor thing looked frail, besides being very shaken up and teetering on the edge with anxiety. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any serious repercussions for what they had done to rescue him.

"Things always turn out for the better," he reassured them. "And we did the right thing. We shouldn't fret."

@Coax
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15