Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Deepheart
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[quote=Lucis] Lucis caught Reeperbahn's pointed glance at Breksta and gave a slight shake of her head. [b]"It's a shame when one aims to please but cannot please everyone."[/b] Presently she heard Dikkets, calling out to tell her that everything was as it should be. [b]"Excellent,"[/b] she replied with a warm smile. The scribe had been a tremendous help to her when it came to the event planning and kept the tiniest details in check. [b]"Thank you for your hard work. Please extend my thanks to the rest of the committee--Actually, no, I'll do that myself. Work is over for now, my good sir. I hope you enjoy yourself tonight."[/b] She turned back to Reeperbahn. [b]"Of course. As I said earlier, I had a number of dragons assigned to a committee for this feast. I couldn't have done it without them. Much like how you have your warriors under your wing, I have mine." [/b] A small smile escaped her lips. [b]"Granted, they are more for the arts than the battlefield."[/b] This last part she said while craning her neck, looking to see if anyone else had walked in. The higher council members should be here soon. [/quote] @nihill @Etcetera7
Lucis wrote:
Lucis caught Reeperbahn's pointed glance at Breksta and gave a slight shake of her head. "It's a shame when one aims to please but cannot please everyone."

Presently she heard Dikkets, calling out to tell her that everything was as it should be. "Excellent," she replied with a warm smile. The scribe had been a tremendous help to her when it came to the event planning and kept the tiniest details in check. "Thank you for your hard work. Please extend my thanks to the rest of the committee--Actually, no, I'll do that myself. Work is over for now, my good sir. I hope you enjoy yourself tonight."

She turned back to Reeperbahn. "Of course. As I said earlier, I had a number of dragons assigned to a committee for this feast. I couldn't have done it without them. Much like how you have your warriors under your wing, I have mine." A small smile escaped her lips. "Granted, they are more for the arts than the battlefield."

This last part she said while craning her neck, looking to see if anyone else had walked in. The higher council members should be here soon.

@nihill @Etcetera7
"Thank you, councilor. It was an honor working with you." Dikkets responded politely, inclining his head towards Lucis in respect. He also nodded in response to the Wildclaw's greeting, before floating off to get some rest before the festival. He made his way over to a tree branch and pulled a book out of his ever-present satchel, settling down to read for a while.
@amariex @nihill
"Thank you, councilor. It was an honor working with you." Dikkets responded politely, inclining his head towards Lucis in respect. He also nodded in response to the Wildclaw's greeting, before floating off to get some rest before the festival. He made his way over to a tree branch and pulled a book out of his ever-present satchel, settling down to read for a while.
@amariex @nihill
[quote][color=darkmagenta] Valiona's crest pricked slightly as she turned her head. "No, Breksta...I am afraid I do not know where Cringe is, but I believe she is with the other council members?" She glanced down at the wolf curiously. Breksta had always spiked curiosity within Valiona, most likely due to her dark and mysterious aura. Valiona felt Reeperbahn's gaze linger on her pelt for a mere second and shook her confused thoughts away. Perhaps he was busy and didn't have time for pointless chatter with everyone. She dipped her head respectively to Breksta. "If you will excuse me, I will be on my way. I bid you good luck in finding her." Valiona turned and headed closer to the back of the feasting hall, settling herself carefully down by one of the corner tables. She sighed as she had the feeling this night might be long.[/quote] @SpectrileBanner @nihill
Quote:
Valiona's crest pricked slightly as she turned her head. "No, Breksta...I am afraid I do not know where Cringe is, but I believe she is with the other council members?" She glanced down at the wolf curiously. Breksta had always spiked curiosity within Valiona, most likely due to her dark and mysterious aura. Valiona felt Reeperbahn's gaze linger on her pelt for a mere second and shook her confused thoughts away. Perhaps he was busy and didn't have time for pointless chatter with everyone.

She dipped her head respectively to Breksta. "If you will excuse me, I will be on my way. I bid you good luck in finding her." Valiona turned and headed closer to the back of the feasting hall, settling herself carefully down by one of the corner tables. She sighed as she had the feeling this night might be long.

@SpectrileBanner @nihill
Bleeding_Moon_mature_hatchling.pngRoyal_Blue_female.png 15ew7s9.png Bleeding_Moon_Male.pngRoyal_Blue_female_hatchi.giftumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
[quote][color=blue] Icedancer looked at her reflection, blank white eyes uncertain as she eyed the fillet resting on her bony head, the black stone glittering in a dark contrast with the shining silver. She sighed and lowered her head, shaking it slightly before raising it again and straightening her back. She shuffled her wings, looking at the iron wing bangles with slight trepidation, the circles of metal feeling strange against the skin of her wings. The mirror stepped away from her reflection, looking down at the iron color of her cuffs, tilting her head to the side. She sighed, and flicked her tail-tip, nearly used to te feeling of the iron bangles. She shifted the simple iron necklace at her throat, and leapt out of her den, gliding down towards the garden, where the celebration was being held. [/quote][/color] ((She's wearing: Desert Dynasty Cuffs Desert Dynasty Tail Rings Night Sky Fillet Simple Iron Necklace Simple Iron Wing Bangles Of course, I'm praying that these'll go well together on such a light colored dragon, as I couldn't really look at them all together at once, nor could I look at them on Icedancer, saying as I'm currently on mobile... I literally jumped in, haha @SoulKitty12 @nihill @SpectrileBanner @Etcetera7 @amariex))
Quote:
Icedancer looked at her reflection, blank white eyes uncertain as she eyed the fillet resting on her bony head, the black stone glittering in a dark contrast with the shining silver. She sighed and lowered her head, shaking it slightly before raising it again and straightening her back. She shuffled her wings, looking at the iron wing bangles with slight trepidation, the circles of metal feeling strange against the skin of her wings.

The mirror stepped away from her reflection, looking down at the iron color of her cuffs, tilting her head to the side. She sighed, and flicked her tail-tip, nearly used to te feeling of the iron bangles.

She shifted the simple iron necklace at her throat, and leapt out of her den, gliding down towards the garden, where the celebration was being held.

((She's wearing:
Desert Dynasty Cuffs
Desert Dynasty Tail Rings
Night Sky Fillet
Simple Iron Necklace
Simple Iron Wing Bangles

Of course, I'm praying that these'll go well together on such a light colored dragon, as I couldn't really look at them all together at once, nor could I look at them on Icedancer, saying as I'm currently on mobile...

I literally jumped in, haha

@SoulKitty12 @nihill @SpectrileBanner @Etcetera7 @amariex))
WE COMETH UNTO THEE
[quote="Reeperbahn"][color=indigo]Reeperbahn gives a quick, quiet noise of amusement; a sound almost like a purr, but seeming to form at the base of his throat. [b]"[i]Some[/i] dragons are never pleased by anything."[/b] He nods at Dikkets as he flits off, then gives the space one more critical look. [b]"Each according to his - or her - abilities, I suppose. The only things my warriors are used to decorating with is the blood and entrails of their enemies."[/b] Somehow, he makes even that comment sound good-natured and light-hearted. Knowing that Lucis is part of the council, and therefore has likely heard his mother's and Rage's plan to train all dragons to the art of war, he doesn't scruple in adding: [b]"Though hopefully, I can bring your artists up to scratch on self-defense. I'm off, but I'm sure we'll see each other again."[/b] With a final bob of the head, Reeperbahn pads off towards the table Valiona has chosen. Being equals (more or less), Reeper doesn't bow to Valiona, but blithely invites himself to sit nearby. [b]"Hello, Valiona. You look incredible! I'm feeling pretty shabby, looking around at all these fancy-dressed dragons. I don't even recall the last time I bothered to polish this armor."[/b] His tail flicks up and around, allowing him to inspect the condition of the protective cuffs along its length. There are a few scratches and a dent or two, and the metal would probably benefit from a good scouring. With a careless flip of his wings, he casts his tail back to its former position. [b]"Ah, well. I doubt anyone will be looking too closely at me."[/b][/quote] @SoulKitty12 @amariex @BreaktheLine I think those would look good on her, definitely.
Reeperbahn wrote:
Reeperbahn gives a quick, quiet noise of amusement; a sound almost like a purr, but seeming to form at the base of his throat. "Some dragons are never pleased by anything." He nods at Dikkets as he flits off, then gives the space one more critical look. "Each according to his - or her - abilities, I suppose. The only things my warriors are used to decorating with is the blood and entrails of their enemies." Somehow, he makes even that comment sound good-natured and light-hearted. Knowing that Lucis is part of the council, and therefore has likely heard his mother's and Rage's plan to train all dragons to the art of war, he doesn't scruple in adding: "Though hopefully, I can bring your artists up to scratch on self-defense. I'm off, but I'm sure we'll see each other again."

With a final bob of the head, Reeperbahn pads off towards the table Valiona has chosen. Being equals (more or less), Reeper doesn't bow to Valiona, but blithely invites himself to sit nearby. "Hello, Valiona. You look incredible! I'm feeling pretty shabby, looking around at all these fancy-dressed dragons. I don't even recall the last time I bothered to polish this armor." His tail flicks up and around, allowing him to inspect the condition of the protective cuffs along its length. There are a few scratches and a dent or two, and the metal would probably benefit from a good scouring. With a careless flip of his wings, he casts his tail back to its former position. "Ah, well. I doubt anyone will be looking too closely at me."
@SoulKitty12 @amariex
@BreaktheLine I think those would look good on her, definitely.
[quote=Valentine][center][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/21eagp1.png[/img][/center] Valentine arrived at the awe-inspiring cave feeling extremely underdressed. The only thing that adorned her frame was a simple pearl necklace, and honestly, she was fortunate to own even that. She had won it in a bet months ago with an agitating ridgeback that insisted 'bigger was better' when it related to wing size and speed. Even with her small wing tear, she had flown circles around the haughty klutz. It had been a hard decision for her about whether she should attend the feast or not, but she had decided there was no harm in it. Earlier, she had snatched some food from the preparing thralls for Risis and set him up in the small cave she called home. The little pearlcatcher had revenged the stolen meal and even opened up a bit before falling asleep. Apparently, he wasn't as young as they'd thought, but in his mind-teens. He was extremely small and frail for his size, probably due to the malnutrition he'd endured throughout his time with the rouges. He was still quite shy, but the information he'd given her was better than nothing. [/quote] Hello to the people I haven't met yet! I'm interested to see how this all plays out. And I know it's not much, but I'm hoping on the bandwagon here with Valentine; [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/43557/4355601_350.png[/img] @Breaktheline @SoulKitty12 @nihill @SpectrileBanner @Etcetera7 @amariex
Valentine wrote:
21eagp1.png

Valentine arrived at the awe-inspiring cave feeling extremely underdressed. The only thing that adorned her frame was a simple pearl necklace, and honestly, she was fortunate to own even that. She had won it in a bet months ago with an agitating ridgeback that insisted 'bigger was better' when it related to wing size and speed. Even with her small wing tear, she had flown circles around the haughty klutz.

It had been a hard decision for her about whether she should attend the feast or not, but she had decided there was no harm in it. Earlier, she had snatched some food from the preparing thralls for Risis and set him up in the small cave she called home. The little pearlcatcher had revenged the stolen meal and even opened up a bit before falling asleep. Apparently, he wasn't as young as they'd thought, but in his mind-teens. He was extremely small and frail for his size, probably due to the malnutrition he'd endured throughout his time with the rouges. He was still quite shy, but the information he'd given her was better than nothing.

Hello to the people I haven't met yet! I'm interested to see how this all plays out. And I know it's not much, but I'm hoping on the bandwagon here with Valentine;

4355601_350.png

@Breaktheline @SoulKitty12 @nihill @SpectrileBanner @Etcetera7 @amariex
sig_coffee_by_vampireselene13-d9fi8vi.png
[quote][color=darkmagenta] Valiona was relieved to be away from Breksta's presence, and her discomfort was replaced when Reeperbahn came to greet her. She always admired how he invited himself beside her, never mentioning how he was much higher rank than she was, being a senior warrior and all. Valiona was never promoted after all these years, but she dared not to ask why. At his explanation she tilted her head.[b] "I am joyous to see you, Reeper, but don't say such silly things about yourself. Your armor needs not of polishing, I think it adds a perfect flare of experience."[/b] She smiled. [b]"...and why wouldn't anyone pay attention to you? You are a true blessing to Clan Var, and I must say I am always honored to be in your presence.[/b]" Her eyes sparkled a bit, trying to ignore how much his compliment of her really meant to her.[/quote] @nihill @SpectrileBanner @amariex @BreaktheLine @Etcetera7 @Coax
Quote:
Valiona was relieved to be away from Breksta's presence, and her discomfort was replaced when Reeperbahn came to greet her. She always admired how he invited himself beside her, never mentioning how he was much higher rank than she was, being a senior warrior and all. Valiona was never promoted after all these years, but she dared not to ask why. At his explanation she tilted her head. "I am joyous to see you, Reeper, but don't say such silly things about yourself. Your armor needs not of polishing, I think it adds a perfect flare of experience." She smiled. "...and why wouldn't anyone pay attention to you? You are a true blessing to Clan Var, and I must say I am always honored to be in your presence." Her eyes sparkled a bit, trying to ignore how much his compliment of her really meant to her.

@nihill @SpectrileBanner @amariex @BreaktheLine @Etcetera7 @Coax
Bleeding_Moon_mature_hatchling.pngRoyal_Blue_female.png 15ew7s9.png Bleeding_Moon_Male.pngRoyal_Blue_female_hatchi.giftumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
[quote][color=blue] The small roar of incomprehensible words, a consistent babbling like that of a river, akin to the sound of the heavy downpours that occasionally flood the Underworld was the first thing that she noticed. As Dancer strode with fake confidence towards the grounds of the feast, she sighed, taking in the mingled scents of different dragons, the swamp of trails making it nearly impossible for her to recognize anyone. Those that had seen her in battle knew that the posture she had adopted was the one she wore only before entering conflict; because that was what it was like to her. A battle. A [i]war[/i], one that she had very little hope of ever winning, because it was against her own mind. She shoved her anxieties back down her throat, where it was rising with bile not too far behind. She forced her head to clear, and as she got closer to the grounds, the anxiety that made her heart race and shudder in her chest shifted into a chilling calm, with only the smallest of ticks of uncertainty left in the back of her mind. Her paws still shook as she walked, and her tail twitched absentmindedly, but it wasn't noticeable. At the threshold of the feast, she re-adjusted the necklace at her throat, and took a deep, slightly shuddering breath, before making her entrance. The sight of the grounds, wonderfully and tastefully decorated, eased her further, but the dead melody of the constant chatter set off an unease in her chest. To take her mind off of the rising anxiety, she decided to search for any of her friends that she knew would undoubtedly be attending. Her eyes quickly found purchase on Reeper and Valiona. With a small smile, she pushed off, slithering in between whatever dragons were already there. She called out once she figured she was within their hearing and sight range. [/quote][/color] ((Dancer is probably the only character that I've ever created that has any form of anxiety. And, it's difficult putting my own anxieties into words... The techniques I use to calm myself down work, for the most part, but occasionally it still gets the better of me. If any of it seems difficult to understand, that's probably the reason why; I have trouble explaining it because I tend to forget exactly how I calm myself. I've had to write this four times now because everything kept on crashing oh great god @nihill @SoulKitty12 @Coax @SpectrileBanner @amariex @Ectetera7 ))
Quote:
The small roar of incomprehensible words, a consistent babbling like that of a river, akin to the sound of the heavy downpours that occasionally flood the Underworld was the first thing that she noticed. As Dancer strode with fake confidence towards the grounds of the feast, she sighed, taking in the mingled scents of different dragons, the swamp of trails making it nearly impossible for her to recognize anyone. Those that had seen her in battle knew that the posture she had adopted was the one she wore only before entering conflict; because that was what it was like to her. A battle. A war, one that she had very little hope of ever winning, because it was against her own mind.

She shoved her anxieties back down her throat, where it was rising with bile not too far behind. She forced her head to clear, and as she got closer to the grounds, the anxiety that made her heart race and shudder in her chest shifted into a chilling calm, with only the smallest of ticks of uncertainty left in the back of her mind. Her paws still shook as she walked, and her tail twitched absentmindedly, but it wasn't noticeable.

At the threshold of the feast, she re-adjusted the necklace at her throat, and took a deep, slightly shuddering breath, before making her entrance.

The sight of the grounds, wonderfully and tastefully decorated, eased her further, but the dead melody of the constant chatter set off an unease in her chest. To take her mind off of the rising anxiety, she decided to search for any of her friends that she knew would undoubtedly be attending.

Her eyes quickly found purchase on Reeper and Valiona. With a small smile, she pushed off, slithering in between whatever dragons were already there. She called out once she figured she was within their hearing and sight range.

((Dancer is probably the only character that I've ever created that has any form of anxiety. And, it's difficult putting my own anxieties into words... The techniques I use to calm myself down work, for the most part, but occasionally it still gets the better of me. If any of it seems difficult to understand, that's probably the reason why; I have trouble explaining it because I tend to forget exactly how I calm myself.

I've had to write this four times now because everything kept on crashing oh great god

@nihill @SoulKitty12 @Coax @SpectrileBanner @amariex @Ectetera7 ))
WE COMETH UNTO THEE
[quote=Lucis] Lucis nodded at Reeperbahn's words, frowning slightly once he walked away. If there was an art that the Augur Clan was not as well-versed at as the other clans, it would be the art of war. But... it wasn't worth worrying about that now. Heaven knows the last thing she needed was that kind of stress. She quickly shoved the thought to the back of her mind. Looking around, she noticed that it was getting comfortably crowded. The feast was filling up, and the chatter had grown considerably louder now that the gardens were being occupied by more and more dragons. However, she had yet to see any others that she was acquainted with, and so just walked around greeting everyone. Maybe she would find another familiar face soon. [/quote] @nihill
Lucis wrote:
Lucis nodded at Reeperbahn's words, frowning slightly once he walked away. If there was an art that the Augur Clan was not as well-versed at as the other clans, it would be the art of war. But... it wasn't worth worrying about that now. Heaven knows the last thing she needed was that kind of stress. She quickly shoved the thought to the back of her mind.

Looking around, she noticed that it was getting comfortably crowded. The feast was filling up, and the chatter had grown considerably louder now that the gardens were being occupied by more and more dragons. However, she had yet to see any others that she was acquainted with, and so just walked around greeting everyone. Maybe she would find another familiar face soon.

@nihill
Dikkets put down his book as the garden filled with dragons. Oh well. He placed it back in his satchel and slowly began to make his way though the crowds toward the feast tables. Perhaps he'd find someone to talk to there?

@Tehzion @amariex @nihill @breaktheline @siatwin
Dikkets put down his book as the garden filled with dragons. Oh well. He placed it back in his satchel and slowly began to make his way though the crowds toward the feast tables. Perhaps he'd find someone to talk to there?

@Tehzion @amariex @nihill @breaktheline @siatwin
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15