Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Fountain of Fortune [Closed, drawing]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Snowwall Hi! If you want to enter for the Special Eye raffle please read the rules and I'll add you in!
@Snowwall Hi! If you want to enter for the Special Eye raffle please read the rules and I'll add you in!
9DdGlja.png
@Twalio
I've read the rules... However, blindly repeating the phrase to the shape of "my favourite food is... oranges" (which is, btw, only part of the truth) painfully reminded me of my sometime language-learning lessons:
  • I have a... cat. It is... black.
  • I have a dog. It is white.
  • I have a book. It is green.
  • I have a train. It is grey.
  • I have a shoe. It is brown.
After writing out the same thing with slight variations for fifteen lines straight, we spruced it up and switched the "thing". The set of "variations" was the same (pretty limited!) set of nouns, verbs and colours.

That rote learning might've come in handy at times, but it was pretty boring and useless-feeling at that time. Any wonder that recalling it lead me to avoid the verbatim use "my favourite food is... " in my comment? XD
@Twalio
I've read the rules... However, blindly repeating the phrase to the shape of "my favourite food is... oranges" (which is, btw, only part of the truth) painfully reminded me of my sometime language-learning lessons:
  • I have a... cat. It is... black.
  • I have a dog. It is white.
  • I have a book. It is green.
  • I have a train. It is grey.
  • I have a shoe. It is brown.
After writing out the same thing with slight variations for fifteen lines straight, we spruced it up and switched the "thing". The set of "variations" was the same (pretty limited!) set of nouns, verbs and colours.

That rote learning might've come in handy at times, but it was pretty boring and useless-feeling at that time. Any wonder that recalling it lead me to avoid the verbatim use "my favourite food is... " in my comment? XD
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
@Snowwall You could simply say something along the lines of "I'd like to enter, I like oranges". I did not see any connection between my spokesdragon and the raffle question itself, so I didn't think you were attempting to convey your favorite food as oranges. Either way, you've been added
@Snowwall You could simply say something along the lines of "I'd like to enter, I like oranges". I did not see any connection between my spokesdragon and the raffle question itself, so I didn't think you were attempting to convey your favorite food as oranges. Either way, you've been added
9DdGlja.png
@Twalio Nothing to do with your spokesdragon (who [i]does[/i] look surprisingly like the way batik-dyed fabric does - I haven't ever thought that dress-ups can convey texture!), just the way twenty comments in a row look so similar. No offense meant, if any was taken. Apologies, I get [s]philosophical[/s] chatty by the light of the silvery moon and try to spice up my posts - when, in fact, I should have simply gotten off the forums three hours ago [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1]
@Twalio
Nothing to do with your spokesdragon (who does look surprisingly like the way batik-dyed fabric does - I haven't ever thought that dress-ups can convey texture!), just the way twenty comments in a row look so similar. No offense meant, if any was taken.

Apologies, I get philosophical chatty by the light of the silvery moon and try to spice up my posts - when, in fact, I should have simply gotten off the forums three hours ago
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
I would love to enter! My favourite food is mashed potatoes!
Thank you for hosting,
I would love to enter! My favourite food is mashed potatoes!
Thank you for hosting,
WwUTSRN.gif Beware of Gamble, hoarder of Wildclaws and shiny things CY9XrXE.gif
Can you add me to both ping lists please? :D

And would love to enter the raffle!
My favourite food varies with my mood.. As of right now, I'd love some hot spicy pepperoni pizza! Yummi x.x (thanks now I'm hungry!)
Can you add me to both ping lists please? :D

And would love to enter the raffle!
My favourite food varies with my mood.. As of right now, I'd love some hot spicy pepperoni pizza! Yummi x.x (thanks now I'm hungry!)
I’d like to enter plz!
For speaking bf of fav food o.O I don’t think I really have one, but I do really like Italian food :3
I’d like to enter plz!
For speaking bf of fav food o.O I don’t think I really have one, but I do really like Italian food :3
XDRtGHs.png

Id love to enter. i love buffalo wings

Id love to enter. i love buffalo wings
ew9u8Xp.png
Hiya! May i be entered into this raffle please?

My favorite food would have to be this Pakistani dish called nihari!

May i also be added to the pinglist please? Thank you so much for hosting this!
Hiya! May i be entered into this raffle please?

My favorite food would have to be this Pakistani dish called nihari!

May i also be added to the pinglist please? Thank you so much for hosting this!
e0vgPI4.gifJICIbJe.pngF6-A6-C01-B-D7-EC-4-C49-AED9-A9-D6-F3-DA011-A.gifw8o0xW1.pngbxDQbVS.gif
id love to enter! i love peaches and garlic
id love to enter! i love peaches and garlic
m4ckYQB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10