Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | *winners on pg.10!* ODCA Botanical Appar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Shade%20amp%20Dox_zpsgksplxyr.png
Shade (#6611) resides in the lair of Axikor (#62449)
Violet Corsage & Violet Flower Crown

Shade prefers simplicity in life. Stillness of mind and strength of will are this dragon's best qualities. Despite her serene and lofty outward appearance, this is one lady you don't want to mess with. She is a master in the artful dance of battle. Many aspiring dragons have come to her for training, as her grace and technique have become famous throughout the region.

"HONK!"

Ahh yes, one cannot forget you, Dox.

Her familiar is a peculiar being. This little Flatbill can be very bold. He will often scuttle up to someone, or something, and give it a nice hearty "HONK". However, this is where his bravery ends, as he is often seen running back to hide behind Shade if whatever he honks at happens to turn around to see what the noise what about.

Dox is extremely loyal to Shade. He soothes her when she is feeling sad or lonely, and often brings her little snacks that he finds by the stream. Other than when she is busy teaching her students, Dox is almost always by her side.
Shade%20amp%20Dox_zpsgksplxyr.png
Shade (#6611) resides in the lair of Axikor (#62449)
Violet Corsage & Violet Flower Crown

Shade prefers simplicity in life. Stillness of mind and strength of will are this dragon's best qualities. Despite her serene and lofty outward appearance, this is one lady you don't want to mess with. She is a master in the artful dance of battle. Many aspiring dragons have come to her for training, as her grace and technique have become famous throughout the region.

"HONK!"

Ahh yes, one cannot forget you, Dox.

Her familiar is a peculiar being. This little Flatbill can be very bold. He will often scuttle up to someone, or something, and give it a nice hearty "HONK". However, this is where his bravery ends, as he is often seen running back to hide behind Shade if whatever he honks at happens to turn around to see what the noise what about.

Dox is extremely loyal to Shade. He soothes her when she is feeling sad or lonely, and often brings her little snacks that he finds by the stream. Other than when she is busy teaching her students, Dox is almost always by her side.
FRLL21T.png
VUFjPIB.png
@Lansly
That's alright! It's fun watching the dragons get all decked out haha XD
Would you like me to ping you when the winners are announced so you can see who places?
@Lansly
That's alright! It's fun watching the dragons get all decked out haha XD
Would you like me to ping you when the winners are announced so you can see who places?
6Sx7SSv.png
Bump!
Bump!
6Sx7SSv.png
Bumping before bedtime! I'll respond to any pings and update entries in the morning :)
Bumping before bedtime! I'll respond to any pings and update entries in the morning :)
6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyems dunno if it's worth pinging you over, but i added a doodle to my entry :'D
@cooneyems dunno if it's worth pinging you over, but i added a doodle to my entry :'D
tumblr_inline_nfx6k97Ndt1r6zydg.png
@stormflight
Just a random thought but as I was reading the thread I realized Tesla looked like my Kalani's old mate and when I checked it out, it was really him. Its nice to see him around still :)
@stormflight
Just a random thought but as I was reading the thread I realized Tesla looked like my Kalani's old mate and when I checked it out, it was really him. Its nice to see him around still :)
[quote name="Snaketamer" date=2015-05-31] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2996834] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29969/2996834_350.png[/img] [/url] Saltlok #2996834 Owned by Anchoram #59983 Apparel: Chestnut tail feathers, Naturalist adornements, Nomads sandwastes sash, Simple Copper Wing Bangles, Leafy Gladeboughs Accent: None Having heard of an old dragon naturalist meet in the Viridian Labyrinth, Saltlok has granted the northern part of Sornieth a visit. She lands gracefully, the leaves from the appendages growing on her back breezing in the wind. At first it might seem like the older lady might have forgotten the part where familiars were supposed to be an essential part of the meeting. But then upon closer notice, something seems to be rustling in the sash around her waist. Then the whole sash starts to move, revealing the body of a tiny snake, completely camouflaged in the colours of the sash. The little snake blinks with its eyes, almost too large for such a small creature. Besides this, there is no movement as the little creature keeps itself tightly coiled around Saltlok. Saltlok chuckles and gives the other dragons a smile. "I am sorry, she is a little bit shy. She used to be that with me as well. You see, I wasn't the one she bonded with in the Rainsong Jungle. Another dragon from an entirely other clan brought her to me, asking for me to take care of her. Personally I see her as a gift rather than a burden," she said. The little snake hissed as the fae tickled its snout with her feathery tail, but she only laughed. It reminded her of one of her children, with its daubed pattern and feathery appendages. Perhaps what would have been the result should she ever have an affair with one of the clan's imperials. [/quote] I hope adding a tiny rp aspect to my entry is okay. I like getting the opportunity to flesh out my dragons ;v; And yup, I am all rebellious and kept her copper bangles as well as her sash. I think the sash gives more for its use as a familiar hideplace, than it would have given bonus points should I remove it. As for the bangles, they just add the rather 'exotic' look I imagine snaketamers to have :) Thank Stormcatcher for the fact that the ultramels are supposed to be tine enough for faes to keep them :P Might enter some more dergs, this was fun!
Snaketamer wrote on 2015-05-31:

2996834_350.png

Saltlok #2996834 Owned by Anchoram #59983

Apparel: Chestnut tail feathers, Naturalist adornements, Nomads sandwastes sash, Simple Copper Wing Bangles, Leafy Gladeboughs
Accent: None

Having heard of an old dragon naturalist meet in the Viridian Labyrinth, Saltlok has granted the northern part of Sornieth a visit. She lands gracefully, the leaves from the appendages growing on her back breezing in the wind.

At first it might seem like the older lady might have forgotten the part where familiars were supposed to be an essential part of the meeting. But then upon closer notice, something seems to be rustling in the sash around her waist. Then the whole sash starts to move, revealing the body of a tiny snake, completely camouflaged in the colours of the sash.

The little snake blinks with its eyes, almost too large for such a small creature. Besides this, there is no movement as the little creature keeps itself tightly coiled around Saltlok.

Saltlok chuckles and gives the other dragons a smile. "I am sorry, she is a little bit shy. She used to be that with me as well. You see, I wasn't the one she bonded with in the Rainsong Jungle. Another dragon from an entirely other clan brought her to me, asking for me to take care of her. Personally I see her as a gift rather than a burden," she said.

The little snake hissed as the fae tickled its snout with her feathery tail, but she only laughed. It reminded her of one of her children, with its daubed pattern and feathery appendages. Perhaps what would have been the result should she ever have an affair with one of the clan's imperials.

I hope adding a tiny rp aspect to my entry is okay. I like getting the opportunity to flesh out my dragons ;v;
And yup, I am all rebellious and kept her copper bangles as well as her sash. I think the sash gives more for its use as a familiar hideplace, than it would have given bonus points should I remove it. As for the bangles, they just add the rather 'exotic' look I imagine snaketamers to have :)

Thank Stormcatcher for the fact that the ultramels are supposed to be tine enough for faes to keep them :P

Might enter some more dergs, this was fun!
by-knighterrant.png
@Rowan
Thanks for letting me know!!!
(oh my god the expression on her face!! XD)
@Rowan
Thanks for letting me know!!!
(oh my god the expression on her face!! XD)
6Sx7SSv.png
Oh this looks so lovely! I have to come up with something :3

@cooneyms If we want to make a donation, do we just send it to you? And it will be used for upcoming contest prices? ^^
Oh this looks so lovely! I have to come up with something :3

@cooneyms If we want to make a donation, do we just send it to you? And it will be used for upcoming contest prices? ^^
2T7Jk2l.png
@moomargh

Yup, exactly! :3

I keep all currency donations in the Treasure portion of my Vault (converting gems if necessary) which is for ODCA funds only so it doesn't mix with my personal savings haha. Stormflight and I hunt for prizes each month and those items we choose are purchased with that Treasure. The Lady Glade accent prize for this contest was purchased this way!

And item donations are stored with me or Stormflight and tracked on a spreadsheet, where we decide which future contest is the most appropriate for the prize. Sometimes we use a donation right away, sometimes we use it for one down the road if it fits a certain element (for example, this WC Scroll was a very generous donation made a few months ago, but we sat on it until now because WCs hail from the Viridian Labyrinth and we figured it was appropriate).

But yes, all donations go to contest prizes only!!
@moomargh

Yup, exactly! :3

I keep all currency donations in the Treasure portion of my Vault (converting gems if necessary) which is for ODCA funds only so it doesn't mix with my personal savings haha. Stormflight and I hunt for prizes each month and those items we choose are purchased with that Treasure. The Lady Glade accent prize for this contest was purchased this way!

And item donations are stored with me or Stormflight and tracked on a spreadsheet, where we decide which future contest is the most appropriate for the prize. Sometimes we use a donation right away, sometimes we use it for one down the road if it fits a certain element (for example, this WC Scroll was a very generous donation made a few months ago, but we sat on it until now because WCs hail from the Viridian Labyrinth and we figured it was appropriate).

But yes, all donations go to contest prizes only!!
6Sx7SSv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11