Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 96 97
@Petall Of course!
@Petall Of course!
OwO
Thank you for the tips! My problem is I haven't updated it in over 6 months so I've just been feeling more and more guilty about not writing.

I think you said before you wanted to be pinged when I start it again? I don't think I will put Elm in next chapter because I want to develop Sylvia (newest dragon) a bit more first but I do plan to soon!
Thank you for the tips! My problem is I haven't updated it in over 6 months so I've just been feeling more and more guilty about not writing.

I think you said before you wanted to be pinged when I start it again? I don't think I will put Elm in next chapter because I want to develop Sylvia (newest dragon) a bit more first but I do plan to soon!
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
@pancakeswithabs

I would love to be pinged when you start it again! Good luck, I can't wait to see what you do with Elm!
@pancakeswithabs

I would love to be pinged when you start it again! Good luck, I can't wait to see what you do with Elm!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Whoops, I missed the ping for this on the day but was bumping around and decided to just check the thread (I may be a little invested. you know, just a little). Hey, we have the alphabet nest! I think it'd be really cute to name one Izel~.
And DREW. FAM. So glad Hansel was so accepting (I mean, it is Hansel, he's a good egg). And though I'm worried for Cure, it's good to see her determination hasn't faltered.
Also I'd love to pick Shui's feathers out. Slowly. So he can feel every one.

Also, I don't know if they've been pre-claimed, but if anything happens to Drew, I'd happily take them. I am astoundingly attached to them. But also desperately hoping nothing terrible happens to them and they can see these challenges through ffffffffffff.
Whoops, I missed the ping for this on the day but was bumping around and decided to just check the thread (I may be a little invested. you know, just a little). Hey, we have the alphabet nest! I think it'd be really cute to name one Izel~.
And DREW. FAM. So glad Hansel was so accepting (I mean, it is Hansel, he's a good egg). And though I'm worried for Cure, it's good to see her determination hasn't faltered.
Also I'd love to pick Shui's feathers out. Slowly. So he can feel every one.

Also, I don't know if they've been pre-claimed, but if anything happens to Drew, I'd happily take them. I am astoundingly attached to them. But also desperately hoping nothing terrible happens to them and they can see these challenges through ffffffffffff.
@Sabariel

Fun fact! I hatched the alphabet legacy nest just now and have in fact named the heir (and only survivor) Izel!

SKLdjflksdjf that's the best threat I've heard against Shui yet!

I'll mark you down for a pre-claim on Drew!
@Sabariel

Fun fact! I hatched the alphabet legacy nest just now and have in fact named the heir (and only survivor) Izel!

SKLdjflksdjf that's the best threat I've heard against Shui yet!

I'll mark you down for a pre-claim on Drew!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/27#post_54550263]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 20: Aftermath[/u][/b] [item=red-breasted goose] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86551097][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=128&breed=21&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=111&winggene=131&wings=8&auth=0f139b700929696078bc6dfaa1afb08aa9db2c10&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Shingle needed some time to think. His nerves had been getting worse, and being around Octavia and Pearl certainly didn't help. It didn't make sense, Shingle should not be so shaken. He barely knew Zeil. Yet, she was a friendly face, and served as a reminder for how real all this was getting. At first, it had been fun, taking risks with his partners. It had made him feel alive, in the way the deep dark waters outside the reach of the flights never could. He had originally left to find his sister, but had found love instead. He still loved them deeply, they had shown him how to really live. But he wasn't sure he could keep going like this. Throwing around their lives around like they were nothing. If he had only started living, he didn't want to die. And, he didn't want to lose the ones he cared about most. It was these thoughts that drove him out, slithering on the fleshy ground of the Scarred Wastelands. It was then that he saw a flash of bright, almost blinding light. As the light began to fade, he began to see the most beautiful form he had ever seen. He was angelic, the dragon that stood before him, hovering impossibly in the air, held aloft by wings and fins Shingle knew from experience could not fly. But there he was, flying, and looking around, like he did not know where he was. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87121424][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=135&breed=21&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=170&winggene=114&wings=65&auth=318d46c8e8770d3966df6347004a56aff0d479bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "You look lost," Shingle commented. It was only when he spoke that the other undertide took notice in him. "I'm looking for a 'Shui.'" The dragon explained. "The name is Taper. Child of the L- uh. The Linda. My mom's name is Linda." "Hello Taper, child of Linda," Shingle laughed slightly, finding his awkwardness cute. "My name is Shingle, child of Sheila." He wondered if this was some sort of cultural greeting. "And I can show you where a 'Shui' lives. Though I have to warn you, he is not a safe dragon." "That matters not," Taper lifted a head. "For I have a Sac- A scary mission." "Well, if it's a scary mission you have, you've found the right guy to help you out," Shingle grinned. "Scary is what me and my partners do!" [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86837423][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86837423&skin=0&apparel=42029,41631,23713,18809&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It had been another day and Merlot had survived. He had his god to thank for that, and so he had made sacrifices in his gods honor. Just a few prey animals - he had it on good authority his god liked meat. He let the smoke rise up to the sky as he feasted on his own salad, harvested from only the most hearty of plants, the ones who had survived against the odds. It was not long until the sacrifice summoned a visitor. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30081270][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=30081270&skin=0&apparel=29244,32034,768,23290,28149,32705,32701,744&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Merlot, is it?" Shui asked, sauntering up to the snapper and eyeing him up and down with an unreadable look. "It is time we talked. I am sorry I have left you without answer so long..." [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26684600][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26684600&skin=0&apparel=31965,391,31588,429,10962,386,423&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86370682][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86370682&skin=46246&apparel=10967,31983&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Capriccio quickly moved to cover his blueprints with fake ones as Myca entered the space. If she had only a glance at his true plans, he had no doubt that she would pick apart every single way he was trying to combat her in the next challenge. To his relief, Myca did not even glance at his workspace. Instead, she just stared smugly at the spiral. "I bring you news of your wife," Myca said, grinning widely. Capriccio had no idea why she seemed so excited, she had never brought an update of Zarzuela before, after all. Nevertheless, he could not help put perk up, ears pointed forwards, eager to hear how his wife was doing. "Is she okay?" He asked, perhaps a bit too eagerly, but he was not about to be ashamed of missing his life partner. "Oh, she is more than okay," Myca smirked. "It appears she has moved on from you, and found someone else." Capriccio felt sick. "She wouldn't," he insisted. "Then explain how she has a nest, if you have not been in contact with her for months." Myca's grin grew. A part of him wanted to believe Myca was lying, trying to torment him in this game of chess their work had become. But she was way to smug for a lie, and she was right. Any nest conceived before his apprenticeship would have hatched long, long ago. Especially with how Zarzuela took care of nests - she was not one to neglect an incubation. There could be other explanations, of course. Maybe she had found a nest abandoned. Maybe someone had forced her to combine magic with them to create it. But deep down, a part of him doubted these excuses. And knowing it was impossible for this nest to be his, it did not leave many other options. He could not imagine Zarzuela cheating on him, but the alternatives were too slim a chance for him to strongly consider. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/30#post_54598397]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Pocketdog @Lixue @pancakeswithabs @Brasil @Disillusionist @VeniVidiVici @sedge122 @Crescentstar711 @RedSiren @Khyriana @Aquasparky @Leopardmask @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @Sabariel @Aetherstorm @Mutequill @LaSilva007 @chippertowns @Tirtouga678 @Murvax @Drachenschwinge @Calyrex @Lightwolf57 @QuietGhost @queerkestrel @GrinningWolf24 @NewmoonWasTaken @LeafyGaming77 @Reshiramu @clementine2017 @MagicSpyglass [/center] ----- This chapter and its events have been in my head for the past [i]week,[/i] but I have been unable to actually write them due to busyness, as well as a dip in mental health over the weekend. Things are looking up again now, so back to writing! All the nests I've introduced have now hatched, so next chapter will have to introduce the hatchlings because I have not done their lore yet.

Day 20: Aftermath
Red-Breasted Goose
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles

dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=128&breed=21&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=111&winggene=131&wings=8&auth=0f139b700929696078bc6dfaa1afb08aa9db2c10&dummyext=prev.png

Shingle needed some time to think. His nerves had been getting worse, and being around Octavia and Pearl certainly didn't help. It didn't make sense, Shingle should not be so shaken. He barely knew Zeil. Yet, she was a friendly face, and served as a reminder for how real all this was getting.

At first, it had been fun, taking risks with his partners. It had made him feel alive, in the way the deep dark waters outside the reach of the flights never could. He had originally left to find his sister, but had found love instead.

He still loved them deeply, they had shown him how to really live. But he wasn't sure he could keep going like this. Throwing around their lives around like they were nothing. If he had only started living, he didn't want to die. And, he didn't want to lose the ones he cared about most.

It was these thoughts that drove him out, slithering on the fleshy ground of the Scarred Wastelands.

It was then that he saw a flash of bright, almost blinding light. As the light began to fade, he began to see the most beautiful form he had ever seen.

He was angelic, the dragon that stood before him, hovering impossibly in the air, held aloft by wings and fins Shingle knew from experience could not fly. But there he was, flying, and looking around, like he did not know where he was.
dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=135&breed=21&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=170&winggene=114&wings=65&auth=318d46c8e8770d3966df6347004a56aff0d479bc&dummyext=prev.png

"You look lost," Shingle commented. It was only when he spoke that the other undertide took notice in him.

"I'm looking for a 'Shui.'" The dragon explained. "The name is Taper. Child of the L- uh. The Linda. My mom's name is Linda."

"Hello Taper, child of Linda," Shingle laughed slightly, finding his awkwardness cute. "My name is Shingle, child of Sheila." He wondered if this was some sort of cultural greeting. "And I can show you where a 'Shui' lives. Though I have to warn you, he is not a safe dragon."

"That matters not," Taper lifted a head. "For I have a Sac- A scary mission."

"Well, if it's a scary mission you have, you've found the right guy to help you out," Shingle grinned. "Scary is what me and my partners do!"

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=86837423&skin=0&apparel=42029,41631,23713,18809&xt=dressing.png

It had been another day and Merlot had survived. He had his god to thank for that, and so he had made sacrifices in his gods honor. Just a few prey animals - he had it on good authority his god liked meat.

He let the smoke rise up to the sky as he feasted on his own salad, harvested from only the most hearty of plants, the ones who had survived against the odds.

It was not long until the sacrifice summoned a visitor.
dragon?did=30081270&skin=0&apparel=29244,32034,768,23290,28149,32705,32701,744&xt=dressing.png

"Merlot, is it?" Shui asked, sauntering up to the snapper and eyeing him up and down with an unreadable look. "It is time we talked. I am sorry I have left you without answer so long..."

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=26684600&skin=0&apparel=31965,391,31588,429,10962,386,423&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=86370682&skin=46246&apparel=10967,31983&xt=dressing.png

Capriccio quickly moved to cover his blueprints with fake ones as Myca entered the space. If she had only a glance at his true plans, he had no doubt that she would pick apart every single way he was trying to combat her in the next challenge.

To his relief, Myca did not even glance at his workspace. Instead, she just stared smugly at the spiral.

"I bring you news of your wife," Myca said, grinning widely. Capriccio had no idea why she seemed so excited, she had never brought an update of Zarzuela before, after all. Nevertheless, he could not help put perk up, ears pointed forwards, eager to hear how his wife was doing.

"Is she okay?" He asked, perhaps a bit too eagerly, but he was not about to be ashamed of missing his life partner.

"Oh, she is more than okay," Myca smirked. "It appears she has moved on from you, and found someone else."

Capriccio felt sick. "She wouldn't," he insisted.

"Then explain how she has a nest, if you have not been in contact with her for months." Myca's grin grew.

A part of him wanted to believe Myca was lying, trying to torment him in this game of chess their work had become. But she was way to smug for a lie, and she was right. Any nest conceived before his apprenticeship would have hatched long, long ago. Especially with how Zarzuela took care of nests - she was not one to neglect an incubation.

There could be other explanations, of course. Maybe she had found a nest abandoned. Maybe someone had forced her to combine magic with them to create it.

But deep down, a part of him doubted these excuses. And knowing it was impossible for this nest to be his, it did not leave many other options. He could not imagine Zarzuela cheating on him, but the alternatives were too slim a chance for him to strongly consider.

This chapter and its events have been in my head for the past week, but I have been unable to actually write them due to busyness, as well as a dip in mental health over the weekend. Things are looking up again now, so back to writing!

All the nests I've introduced have now hatched, so next chapter will have to introduce the hatchlings because I have not done their lore yet.
Oh that Merlot section is super interesting… also hello Taper. So close to accidentally spilling the beans, lol. Also oooof poor Capriccio. This lack of communication will hurt them both.
Oh that Merlot section is super interesting… also hello Taper. So close to accidentally spilling the beans, lol. Also oooof poor Capriccio. This lack of communication will hurt them both.

He/him | FRT+1 x
AWW YOU MENTIONED SHEILA;;;;
AWW YOU MENTIONED SHEILA;;;;
Hmm, maybe now we'll finally get some info on Merlot? And oh no! Of course Myca is stirring trouble. Hopefully recognizing that the hatchings look like him will erase his doubt!
Hmm, maybe now we'll finally get some info on Merlot? And oh no! Of course Myca is stirring trouble. Hopefully recognizing that the hatchings look like him will erase his doubt!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
Looks like Taper's finally here and he's such an awkward little guy. I also like we're getting more on Merlot, since he's generally been so separated from the other characters. Myca is stirring some stuff up, too. Let's see how this all plays out...
Looks like Taper's finally here and he's such an awkward little guy. I also like we're getting more on Merlot, since he's generally been so separated from the other characters. Myca is stirring some stuff up, too. Let's see how this all plays out...
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 96 97