Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Mercury's Coming - Lucklocke
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
[center][size=4][u][b]Interlude II - Dark in the Dawn[/b][/u][/size] The die has not yet been picked up… An adult aether by the name of [b]Mille[/b], two adult imperials by the names of [b]Incubore[/b] and [b]Branch[/b], an eternal youth bogsneak by the name of [b]Daranc[/b], and an adult fae by the name of [b]Auberon[/b] have joined the Renewed Spirits. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87011774][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/870118/87011774p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87154384][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/871544/87154384p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88071956][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/880720/88071956p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56994494][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/569945/56994494p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=79720811][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/797209/79720811p.png[/img][/url] --------------------- [left][b]Equator[/b][/left] [left]Perhaps we thought that everything was over when the Gaians disbanded. But things have only just begun. With the peace now settling down. The five of us started to expand our territory to the old location where the Gaians once lived. The ruins had been cleared out and we were now a full Clan, the formation of a new Oden now placed in the midst of Arcane territory. There’s something sad about knowing that you’re the only survivor of the old civilization. The only one who got to see the old ways and all of its beauty. They’ll never understand, but I have to move on. So, my duty was leading these individuals. My duty was to continue smiling and working. I advertised the Clan and marked its territory. Draphyre grew all kinds of flowers and warmly welcomed those who came near. Eirlys took pictures and hung them, hoping to bring memories to life. Ultraviolet cooked and welcomed the familiars, her gentle smile radiating, and Mantilla trained and organized things. They struggled with having only one leg, but were just as energetic as ever, their wings flapping loudly and cheerfully. It was quite sudden, just a few weeks after the Gaians’ disbanding when a pair of massive imperials walked right into the territory. They had unwittingly crushed some of the structures we had built, and the shout of a booming voice was heard from the distance. I looked up to see the two of them. They were not related. They were not even the same element, frankly, but they were attached to the hip. The larger, older one was covered in an array of deep blue scales, glistening underneath the sunlight. He stretches his scaly orange wings out, far smaller than his body yet still able to stretch over my body. Brilliant cyan runes glowed from his cheeks to tail and equally bright eyes subtly twitched. The younger imperial was far more delicate, with gigantic wings and thin cheeks. His scales were a soft, pale yellow and his wings were a brilliant fuchsia streaked with spots and stars. Pale pistachio runes were visible in his feet and antlers, and deep purple eyes flowed with Shadow energy. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87154384&skin=0&apparel=27820,430,435,394,389,1153&xt=dressing.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=88071956&skin=0&apparel=2970,23037,42926,9448,42679&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [left]“Are you the one? I heard you were a tundra!” The maize-colored imperial murmured, “This is the one, Incubore! Right?” Incubore snorted “Yes. This is Equator, leader of the Renewed Spirits.” “That’s me! I’m glad to see that I’m recognized.” I replied with the flip of my mane. “Would you mind introducing yourselves?” “Hmmm. My name is Incubore. The other imperial is Branch.” Incubore says to me. “That’s me! We’re a notorious pair known all across Sornieth! You see, I happen to be-” Branch was suddenly interrupted. “Do not lie… Please.” Incubore said with visible irritation. “Fiiiine! You’re no fun!” Branch stated, rolling his eyes. “Well, I’m glad you’re joining the Renewed Spirits, but first, you need to clean up the damage you caused,” I noted. They did wreck some of the buildings, even if it was by accident, so they had to be held accountable. “Looks like we have clean-up duty, Incubore.” Branch mutters. The other imperial follows him, and I soon see the two of them go off to do their work. They had drastically different personalities, but they seemed to get along just to find and do the work they were told, even if I heard them both groaning on occasion. Incubore and Branch both got settled in, and we had to keep watch of them in case they accidentally broke something once again. When they learned how to navigate the landscape, however, they slid right through and started to communicate with the older members. The crowd did not stop, however, for I ended up meeting the most unusual of dragons. She was a very small bogsneak, covered in thick magenta scales and having wings reminiscent of constellations. Patches of her body were opalized and cracked through her body and her crest was brilliantly-colored. Her eyes were a pale green, indicative of the power of Wind.[/left] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56994494][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/569945/56994494_350.png[/img][/url] [/center][left]“Hello, little gal! Are you lost?” I asked her warmly. She purrs loudly, “No I’m not, mew. Would a kitty like me really be stupid enough to get lost, mew?” “Well… I don’t see your parents anywhere.” I muttered. “My parents are dead, mew! Just like yours! Even if they were alive, it’s not like I would bring them, mew!” Daranc rudely stated. “Gee, can you be more rude?” I snarked back, “Look. Do you want to join us or not?” She snorts at me, “Yes, mew. I’m joining. Just know that I’m not alone though, mew. I happen to be bringing something a little extra.” I hear the fluttering of wings behind me, and when I turn around. I see an emerald-green fae with a pair of striking, terracotta wings. He was even smaller than Asteroid was if it was even possible, and underneath the thick wig he wore, a pair of bright yellow eyes shined with the energy of Light.[/left] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3954517&skin=0&apparel=26274,13831,20551,20553,335,20555&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/center][left]“Why is everyone looking so irritated?” The fae asks in his monotone voice. “Meoww. The leader is asking too many questions.” The bogsneak says. “Do you two know each other by any chance?” I asked them. “I guess? I met her when the Gaians took me away.” The fae responded, “She told me I should join the Renewed Spirits.” “He has nowhere else to go, mew.” The little bogsneak remarks. I was a bit irritated by the young one but kept my cool. “Would you mind introducing yourselves without any snarky comments?” I stated clearly. “Sure. My name is Auberon.” The fae says, his tail wiggling with excitement. “My name’s Daranc, mew, and I need a nap.” The bogsneak responds. “Got it. Welcome to Renewed Spirits, I guess.” I told them. I soon got two new members. Auberon was considerably more receptive and fit right in with his deep imagination and social nature. He always seemed just a bit wary, however. Daranc, meanwhile, laid around, licked people, and rolled across the ground without a care in the world. As it turns out, the Aster of Starfall bonded with her as her familiar. The strangest thing, however, was that she was older than the rest of us and only looked like a child. This didn’t stop her from being immature.[/left] [center][item=aster of starfall] [/center][left]The final member came through in a trail of fire. The flapping of colorful wings creates bright stars in the midst of us all. I was not the first to see these stars in the air, but rather it was Eirlys. Whose blue eyes stared in the air as her tail twitched at the sight of it. When it crashed down. I looked to see a clay-colored aether covered in a multitude of spots. His wings were tattooed with the colors of the observatory, but underneath them was a mosaic of salmon, cream, and green. Rosy spines grew out of his wings and tail and his eyes were a molten amber. Around his neck was the Poppy of Flameforger.[/left] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87011774][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/870118/87011774_350.png[/img][/url] [item=poppy of flameforger][/center] [left]“Hello there.” I said, approaching the aether. “Do you want to join the Renewed Spirits?” He shifts his eyes, “Y-yeah.” He mumbles under his breath. “That’s good to hear! My name’s Equator. Would you mind introducing yourself?” I asked him, waving one of my hands at him. He nods, “M-my name is Mille. Hi…” He replies. “This is my familiar, Maraschino…” “Well, welcome then! Why don’t you go get settled down and meet all of the other dragons? We don’t bite, I promise you!” I replied. Mille nods nervously and soon shuffles off. The aether was a shy character who rarely interacted with others but had an artistic flair to him and helped to decorate the Clan in order to make it more appealing. He did not have many friends, but he was nevertheless an important fact to the Renewed Spirits. But five new members still didn’t get rid of the main problem, and while I hoped that peace would be fulfilled. Something dark and sinister lurking in the corner. The grasp of shadows is coming far too close to me and I fear that yet another catastrophe will occur. I fear the Shade has found us.[/left] --------------------- [left]~@Reilybug~ Hey, I just got five dragons and now it’s time to finally introduce them to you! Incubore is my gift from @Crescentstar711. Branch was obtained from the Give a Lineage, Get a Lineage from @Micklanis. Both Daranc and Auberon, meanwhile, originate as gifts from @Reilybug, with Daranc being a Permababy. Finally, Mille comes from @UwUwha’s lair. I will be giving back the dragons originally owned by Reilybug if they die or when the playthrough finishes, while I will figure out what to do with the other three. Branch is required to be bred at least once, and since he’s a lineage dragon, I can’t exactly exalt him. Mille and Incubore are ordinary dragons. By the way, I am currently doing some more breeding with Ambrose, so if you want one of the hatchlings that does not make it, I am willing to give it to you![/left] ---------------------
Interlude II - Dark in the Dawn
The die has not yet been picked up… An adult aether by the name of Mille, two adult imperials by the names of Incubore and Branch, an eternal youth bogsneak by the name of Daranc, and an adult fae by the name of Auberon have joined the Renewed Spirits.
86261029p.png87011774p.png87154384p.png88071956p.png56994494p.png79720811p.png
Equator
Perhaps we thought that everything was over when the Gaians disbanded. But things have only just begun. With the peace now settling down. The five of us started to expand our territory to the old location where the Gaians once lived. The ruins had been cleared out and we were now a full Clan, the formation of a new Oden now placed in the midst of Arcane territory. There’s something sad about knowing that you’re the only survivor of the old civilization. The only one who got to see the old ways and all of its beauty. They’ll never understand, but I have to move on. So, my duty was leading these individuals. My duty was to continue smiling and working. I advertised the Clan and marked its territory. Draphyre grew all kinds of flowers and warmly welcomed those who came near. Eirlys took pictures and hung them, hoping to bring memories to life. Ultraviolet cooked and welcomed the familiars, her gentle smile radiating, and Mantilla trained and organized things. They struggled with having only one leg, but were just as energetic as ever, their wings flapping loudly and cheerfully.

It was quite sudden, just a few weeks after the Gaians’ disbanding when a pair of massive imperials walked right into the territory. They had unwittingly crushed some of the structures we had built, and the shout of a booming voice was heard from the distance. I looked up to see the two of them. They were not related. They were not even the same element, frankly, but they were attached to the hip. The larger, older one was covered in an array of deep blue scales, glistening underneath the sunlight. He stretches his scaly orange wings out, far smaller than his body yet still able to stretch over my body. Brilliant cyan runes glowed from his cheeks to tail and equally bright eyes subtly twitched. The younger imperial was far more delicate, with gigantic wings and thin cheeks. His scales were a soft, pale yellow and his wings were a brilliant fuchsia streaked with spots and stars. Pale pistachio runes were visible in his feet and antlers, and deep purple eyes flowed with Shadow energy.
dragon?did=87154384&skin=0&apparel=27820,430,435,394,389,1153&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=88071956&skin=0&apparel=2970,23037,42926,9448,42679&xt=dressing.png
“Are you the one? I heard you were a tundra!” The maize-colored imperial murmured, “This is the one, Incubore! Right?”
Incubore snorted “Yes. This is Equator, leader of the Renewed Spirits.”
“That’s me! I’m glad to see that I’m recognized.” I replied with the flip of my mane. “Would you mind introducing yourselves?”
“Hmmm. My name is Incubore. The other imperial is Branch.” Incubore says to me.
“That’s me! We’re a notorious pair known all across Sornieth! You see, I happen to be-” Branch was suddenly interrupted.

“Do not lie… Please.” Incubore said with visible irritation.
“Fiiiine! You’re no fun!” Branch stated, rolling his eyes.
“Well, I’m glad you’re joining the Renewed Spirits, but first, you need to clean up the damage you caused,” I noted. They did wreck some of the buildings, even if it was by accident, so they had to be held accountable.
“Looks like we have clean-up duty, Incubore.” Branch mutters. The other imperial follows him, and I soon see the two of them go off to do their work. They had drastically different personalities, but they seemed to get along just to find and do the work they were told, even if I heard them both groaning on occasion.

Incubore and Branch both got settled in, and we had to keep watch of them in case they accidentally broke something once again. When they learned how to navigate the landscape, however, they slid right through and started to communicate with the older members. The crowd did not stop, however, for I ended up meeting the most unusual of dragons. She was a very small bogsneak, covered in thick magenta scales and having wings reminiscent of constellations. Patches of her body were opalized and cracked through her body and her crest was brilliantly-colored. Her eyes were a pale green, indicative of the power of Wind.
56994494_350.png
“Hello, little gal! Are you lost?” I asked her warmly.
She purrs loudly, “No I’m not, mew. Would a kitty like me really be stupid enough to get lost, mew?”
“Well… I don’t see your parents anywhere.” I muttered.
“My parents are dead, mew! Just like yours! Even if they were alive, it’s not like I would bring them, mew!” Daranc rudely stated.
“Gee, can you be more rude?” I snarked back, “Look. Do you want to join us or not?”
She snorts at me, “Yes, mew. I’m joining. Just know that I’m not alone though, mew. I happen to be bringing something a little extra.”

I hear the fluttering of wings behind me, and when I turn around. I see an emerald-green fae with a pair of striking, terracotta wings. He was even smaller than Asteroid was if it was even possible, and underneath the thick wig he wore, a pair of bright yellow eyes shined with the energy of Light.
scry?sdid=3954517&skin=0&apparel=26274,13831,20551,20553,335,20555&xt=dressing.png
“Why is everyone looking so irritated?” The fae asks in his monotone voice.
“Meoww. The leader is asking too many questions.” The bogsneak says.
“Do you two know each other by any chance?” I asked them.
“I guess? I met her when the Gaians took me away.” The fae responded, “She told me I should join the Renewed Spirits.”
“He has nowhere else to go, mew.” The little bogsneak remarks.

I was a bit irritated by the young one but kept my cool. “Would you mind introducing yourselves without any snarky comments?” I stated clearly.
“Sure. My name is Auberon.” The fae says, his tail wiggling with excitement.
“My name’s Daranc, mew, and I need a nap.” The bogsneak responds.
“Got it. Welcome to Renewed Spirits, I guess.” I told them.

I soon got two new members. Auberon was considerably more receptive and fit right in with his deep imagination and social nature. He always seemed just a bit wary, however. Daranc, meanwhile, laid around, licked people, and rolled across the ground without a care in the world. As it turns out, the Aster of Starfall bonded with her as her familiar. The strangest thing, however, was that she was older than the rest of us and only looked like a child. This didn’t stop her from being immature.
Aster of Starfall
The final member came through in a trail of fire. The flapping of colorful wings creates bright stars in the midst of us all. I was not the first to see these stars in the air, but rather it was Eirlys. Whose blue eyes stared in the air as her tail twitched at the sight of it. When it crashed down. I looked to see a clay-colored aether covered in a multitude of spots. His wings were tattooed with the colors of the observatory, but underneath them was a mosaic of salmon, cream, and green. Rosy spines grew out of his wings and tail and his eyes were a molten amber. Around his neck was the Poppy of Flameforger.
87011774_350.png
Poppy of Flameforger
“Hello there.” I said, approaching the aether. “Do you want to join the Renewed Spirits?”
He shifts his eyes, “Y-yeah.” He mumbles under his breath.
“That’s good to hear! My name’s Equator. Would you mind introducing yourself?” I asked him, waving one of my hands at him.
He nods, “M-my name is Mille. Hi…” He replies. “This is my familiar, Maraschino…”
“Well, welcome then! Why don’t you go get settled down and meet all of the other dragons? We don’t bite, I promise you!” I replied. Mille nods nervously and soon shuffles off.

The aether was a shy character who rarely interacted with others but had an artistic flair to him and helped to decorate the Clan in order to make it more appealing. He did not have many friends, but he was nevertheless an important fact to the Renewed Spirits. But five new members still didn’t get rid of the main problem, and while I hoped that peace would be fulfilled. Something dark and sinister lurking in the corner. The grasp of shadows is coming far too close to me and I fear that yet another catastrophe will occur.

I fear the Shade has found us.

~@Reilybug~
Hey, I just got five dragons and now it’s time to finally introduce them to you! Incubore is my gift from @Crescentstar711. Branch was obtained from the Give a Lineage, Get a Lineage from @Micklanis. Both Daranc and Auberon, meanwhile, originate as gifts from @Reilybug, with Daranc being a Permababy. Finally, Mille comes from @UwUwha’s lair. I will be giving back the dragons originally owned by Reilybug if they die or when the playthrough finishes, while I will figure out what to do with the other three. Branch is required to be bred at least once, and since he’s a lineage dragon, I can’t exactly exalt him. Mille and Incubore are ordinary dragons.

By the way, I am currently doing some more breeding with Ambrose, so if you want one of the hatchlings that does not make it, I am willing to give it to you!

QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
OMG I completely forgot about the thing I wrote about Darnac acting like a cat LOL. I like how you characterized her and Auberon.

I'm excited to see what happens next with all these new dragons!

Also excited to see what Ambrose's new kids will look like!
OMG I completely forgot about the thing I wrote about Darnac acting like a cat LOL. I like how you characterized her and Auberon.

My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
[quote name="reilybug" date="2023-10-11 13:00:54" ] OMG I completely forgot about the thing I wrote about Darnac acting like a cat LOL. I like how you characterized her and Auberon. I'm excited to see what happens next with all these new dragons! Also excited to see what Ambrose's new kids will look like! [/quote] Thank you! Daranc still acts like a cat, don't worry. It'll be more evident when I show more of her, but this is just a small section of her character. Thank you for enjoying the characterization. I'm excited for them too, and as for Ambrose's new eggs, they aren't with the same partner as last time, so they'll look pretty different (breeding him with a coatl ;).
reilybug wrote on 2023-10-11 13:00:54:

Thank you! Daranc still acts like a cat, don't worry. It'll be more evident when I show more of her, but this is just a small section of her character. Thank you for enjoying the characterization.

I'm excited for them too, and as for Ambrose's new eggs, they aren't with the same partner as last time, so they'll look pretty different (breeding him with a coatl ;).
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
@Reilybug I've been a little busy with other things, so I haven't submitted a new chapter yet, but Ambrose's second clutch has hatched! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89784081][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/897841/89784081_350.png[/img][/url] The oldest of the bunch sadly did not make it. I gave her the name Acidic and she is a Gen 5 Carne Guisada, a Gen 5 Curse Lineage, a Gen 7 Redemption Lineage, and a Gen 12 Sash Lineage. The other three, however, did! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89784082][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/897841/89784082_350.png[/img][/url] The oldest of the surviving hatchlings is Paleolith, so named for his bright blue bone markings. He is sadly deemed a failure, however, for his lack of Shade prowess. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89784083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/897841/89784083_350.png[/img][/url] The middle child is Java, named after the common Java Sparrow. They seem to have a lot more Shade potential, but even then, there is one that catches more attention. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89784084][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/897841/89784084_350.png[/img][/url] And the youngest, to my shock, has Goat eyes! Her name is Electra, meaning 'Bright' and 'Shining'. She's the golden child since she has the most Shade in her and because of her special eyes. She's also my favorite. I admit. They will eventually appear later in the story!
@Reilybug
I've been a little busy with other things, so I haven't submitted a new chapter yet, but Ambrose's second clutch has hatched!

89784081_350.png
The oldest of the bunch sadly did not make it. I gave her the name Acidic and she is a Gen 5 Carne Guisada, a Gen 5 Curse Lineage, a Gen 7 Redemption Lineage, and a Gen 12 Sash Lineage.

The other three, however, did!
89784082_350.png
The oldest of the surviving hatchlings is Paleolith, so named for his bright blue bone markings. He is sadly deemed a failure, however, for his lack of Shade prowess.

89784083_350.png
The middle child is Java, named after the common Java Sparrow. They seem to have a lot more Shade potential, but even then, there is one that catches more attention.

89784084_350.png
And the youngest, to my shock, has Goat eyes! Her name is Electra, meaning 'Bright' and 'Shining'. She's the golden child since she has the most Shade in her and because of her special eyes. She's also my favorite. I admit.

They will eventually appear later in the story!
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 41 - Bonding Session[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]25[/b]. A fight has occurred and Equator, Eirlys, and Ultraviolet are involved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461826][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461826p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88227851][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/882279/88227851p.png[/img][/url][item=ceanothus brawler] Equator, Eirlys, and Ultraviolet’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were [b]82[/b], [b]60[/b], [b]98[/b], and [b]6[/b]. Equator has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b]. Eirlys has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b], Ultraviolet comes out unscathed. --------------------- [left][b]Mille[/b][/left] [left]Settling into the camp of the Renewed Spirits was rather awkward. I was not only the first aether to join the Clan, but I was also the only one of the new recruits who did not come with another dragon. Incubore and Branch had each other, and Daranc and Auberon had one another. I just had Maraschino. But being the outcast had its advantages. I managed to skirt out of work with enough tears and the most pitiful face I could muster. Sweet little Mille couldn’t do anything wrong after all. I sigh as I lay down, trying to figure out what to do next. The more senior members had gone off to fight the forces of darkness, which left me to be with these strangers. “Shirking that work, mew?” I hear Daranc hiss, passing me by. I shake my head in an attempt to look innocent, “N-no…” “I know your type, mew.” She notes, “You’re tricky, mew. Just like me.” Daranc plants herself on the ground and starts rolling in the dirt, making strange noises as I watch with confusion. She was a very odd dragon and made me real uncomfortable. Especially as she was the only one pointing out that I occasionally had ulterior motives. She seems to grin at me before shaking her crest, covered in dirt. I lift my head to see Auberon nearby, the fae twitching one of his round ears. “Hello, Mille.” He speaks in a monotone voice, “How are you doing?” I quietly speak, “I-I don’t know…” “That is okay. Sometimes, it takes time for a dragon to get adjusted to their surroundings. I heard that was especially the case in areas such as Starwood Strand, which is highly radioactive.” Auberon says, “I can still feel it tingling in me.” I nervously looked at Auberon, seeing if he appeared sick. It was hard to tell under his masked face, but he was definitely green in the gills. I didn’t say anything about it, and soon, Auberon started to chatter. “So ever since I got into the Clan I decided to do some research about this area. A long time ago there was this Clan that built a machine that produced a new kind of magic, and in turn, they formed a new element. Unfortunately, they did not take very good care of the machine and it broke down and almost everyone died. But three survivors decided to try and rebuild the Clan. Unfortunately, a planet nearly crashed, and one of them sacrificed themselves. They met three individuals from that other world, but the nearby Clan, the Gaians, wanted to rule the land for themselves and they fought. Now the Gaians do not exist anymore, but some strange Shade followers are harassing them.” Auberon started to ramble, seemingly unable to stop as he told me just about everything revolving around the Renewed Spirits. “Uhhhhh… O-okay?” I said, rather confused. “Sorry. I just really wanted someone to talk to and I ran my mouth off.” He admitted. “I take it you do not talk very much?” “Hmmmmm…. N-no.” I nervously reply. Talking to other dragons was hard. “Well, what do you like to do?” Auberon says, his crest flapping. It was hard to get the words out, but as I breathed in carefully. I confessed to the fae. “I-I’m an artist…” “An artist? I should have guessed from that skin of yours.” Auberon states. “Do you think I could look more appealing? These flat colors are not doing it for me.” “It takes time…” I said back. “Oh, okay. See you soon, Daranc and I are going to hang out. We need more quality time.” He says, almost seeming to smile. “Goodbye, Auberon…” I reply, waving one of my hands as I walk off. I feel the tension on my chest disappear and I soon start to think about how to make him look the best that he can. I guess it was in my nature to think outside of the box. It was not like my noodly body could wear normal clothes, no matter how much I wanted it to. I wonder sometimes why I keep going. I hardly knew what my purpose was. I remembered my past and the family that I left behind. I never really fit in and I still worried that I would not fit in with the Renewed Spirits. Even with my newly sparkling wings and whatever purpose the Flamecaller wanted me for, it still felt that I was not ready to deal with the situation. As I got up, I soon saw the more senior members returning. Equator shook their fur, seeming to get tangles out of it, Ultraviolet nervously smiled. Mantilla’s wings flap with glee and Eirlys gives a darkened stare. Most of them have small injuries on them, and they look rather concerned. I don’t want to know what they fought, and I fear that I will have to fight the darkness as well. I have to stay focused on taking care of Auberon right now, He did want to look his best. So I started to make my plans. --------------------- ~@Reilybug~ So I actually ended up rolling this before I got everyone, so rolls won’t apply to the new characters until Chapter 42! Anyway, Mille is finally starting to make some friends and I am making plans to give Auberon genes since he needs some. Also, what is beyond the corner? Find out next time when I perform the next rolls! I will need to get my Imperials some skins/accents too. ---------------------
Chapter 41 - Bonding Session
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 25. A fight has occurred and Equator, Eirlys, and Ultraviolet are involved.
86261029p.png86461826p.png88227851p.png Ceanothus Brawler
Equator, Eirlys, and Ultraviolet’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were 82, 60, 98, and 6. Equator has gained a Minor Injury. Eirlys has gained a Minor Injury, Ultraviolet comes out unscathed.
Mille
Settling into the camp of the Renewed Spirits was rather awkward. I was not only the first aether to join the Clan, but I was also the only one of the new recruits who did not come with another dragon. Incubore and Branch had each other, and Daranc and Auberon had one another. I just had Maraschino. But being the outcast had its advantages. I managed to skirt out of work with enough tears and the most pitiful face I could muster. Sweet little Mille couldn’t do anything wrong after all. I sigh as I lay down, trying to figure out what to do next. The more senior members had gone off to fight the forces of darkness, which left me to be with these strangers.

“Shirking that work, mew?” I hear Daranc hiss, passing me by.
I shake my head in an attempt to look innocent, “N-no…”
“I know your type, mew.” She notes, “You’re tricky, mew. Just like me.”
Daranc plants herself on the ground and starts rolling in the dirt, making strange noises as I watch with confusion. She was a very odd dragon and made me real uncomfortable. Especially as she was the only one pointing out that I occasionally had ulterior motives. She seems to grin at me before shaking her crest, covered in dirt. I lift my head to see Auberon nearby, the fae twitching one of his round ears.

“Hello, Mille.” He speaks in a monotone voice, “How are you doing?”
I quietly speak, “I-I don’t know…”
“That is okay. Sometimes, it takes time for a dragon to get adjusted to their surroundings. I heard that was especially the case in areas such as Starwood Strand, which is highly radioactive.” Auberon says, “I can still feel it tingling in me.”
I nervously looked at Auberon, seeing if he appeared sick. It was hard to tell under his masked face, but he was definitely green in the gills. I didn’t say anything about it, and soon, Auberon started to chatter.

“So ever since I got into the Clan I decided to do some research about this area. A long time ago there was this Clan that built a machine that produced a new kind of magic, and in turn, they formed a new element. Unfortunately, they did not take very good care of the machine and it broke down and almost everyone died. But three survivors decided to try and rebuild the Clan. Unfortunately, a planet nearly crashed, and one of them sacrificed themselves. They met three individuals from that other world, but the nearby Clan, the Gaians, wanted to rule the land for themselves and they fought. Now the Gaians do not exist anymore, but some strange Shade followers are harassing them.” Auberon started to ramble, seemingly unable to stop as he told me just about everything revolving around the Renewed Spirits.
“Uhhhhh… O-okay?” I said, rather confused.
“Sorry. I just really wanted someone to talk to and I ran my mouth off.” He admitted. “I take it you do not talk very much?”
“Hmmmmm…. N-no.” I nervously reply. Talking to other dragons was hard.
“Well, what do you like to do?” Auberon says, his crest flapping.
It was hard to get the words out, but as I breathed in carefully. I confessed to the fae. “I-I’m an artist…”
“An artist? I should have guessed from that skin of yours.” Auberon states. “Do you think I could look more appealing? These flat colors are not doing it for me.”
“It takes time…” I said back.
“Oh, okay. See you soon, Daranc and I are going to hang out. We need more quality time.” He says, almost seeming to smile.
“Goodbye, Auberon…” I reply, waving one of my hands as I walk off. I feel the tension on my chest disappear and I soon start to think about how to make him look the best that he can. I guess it was in my nature to think outside of the box. It was not like my noodly body could wear normal clothes, no matter how much I wanted it to.

I wonder sometimes why I keep going. I hardly knew what my purpose was. I remembered my past and the family that I left behind. I never really fit in and I still worried that I would not fit in with the Renewed Spirits. Even with my newly sparkling wings and whatever purpose the Flamecaller wanted me for, it still felt that I was not ready to deal with the situation. As I got up, I soon saw the more senior members returning. Equator shook their fur, seeming to get tangles out of it, Ultraviolet nervously smiled. Mantilla’s wings flap with glee and Eirlys gives a darkened stare.

Most of them have small injuries on them, and they look rather concerned. I don’t want to know what they fought, and I fear that I will have to fight the darkness as well. I have to stay focused on taking care of Auberon right now, He did want to look his best. So I started to make my plans.
~@Reilybug~
So I actually ended up rolling this before I got everyone, so rolls won’t apply to the new characters until Chapter 42! Anyway, Mille is finally starting to make some friends and I am making plans to give Auberon genes since he needs some. Also, what is beyond the corner? Find out next time when I perform the next rolls! I will need to get my Imperials some skins/accents too.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 42 - Penumbra[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]7[/b]. A fight has occurred and Equator, Draphyre, Eirlys, Mille, Incubore, Branch, Daranc, and Auberon are involved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=81667852][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/816679/81667852p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461826][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461826p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87011774][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/870118/87011774p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87154384][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/871544/87154384p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88071956][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/880720/88071956p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56994494][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/569945/56994494p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=79720811][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/797209/79720811p.png[/img][/url] Equator, Draphyre, Eirlys, Mille, Incubore, Branch, Daranc, and Auberon’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled are [b]99[/b], [b]5[/b], [b]54[/b], [b]67[/b], [b]7[/b], [b]23[/b], [b]2[/b], and [b]5[/b]. Equator has [b]Died[/b]. Draphyre has come out unscathed. Eirlys has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b]. Mille has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b], Incubore has come out unscathed. Branch has come out unscathed. Daranc has come out unscathed. Auberon has come out unscathed. --------------------- [left][b]Equator[/b][/left] [left]I felt an ache underneath my thick fur. Ever since I met with Ambrose. He has… Changed. The Shade-Touched pearlcatcher had grown more aggressive, holding his scythe with a tighter grip and threatening us if we did not embrace the darkness. Hemerocallis, too, seemed to be less friendly. While the superpowered tundra still held some love for me, he warned us that we could no longer be on the same page. Perhaps that was why I was suddenly attacked Ambrose, his scythe piercing through part of my flesh. Now I knew that while they were not Gaians, a new threat was coming. I had only heard of the Shade in legends before, but now, it was very real. “Equator?” I hear Eirlys’s quiet voice emerge, “Has Ambrose lost himself?” She says with a murmur. “You know him better than I do.” I remarked to the undertide, “But I think he’s a lost cause.” Eirlys raises her fins, “If you say so.” I watch as Eirlys stares into the distance, seeming to search for something I am unable to see. The majority of us came to investigate the current activities revolving around Ambrose and Hemerocallis with the except of Ultraviolet and Mantilla, who were happy to protect Renewed Spirits while we were gone. Out of everyone, Eirlys was the most apprehensive. I knew how the Shade affected her, and how she was the closest to Ambrose out of all of us. I suddenly here a loud flap. It must have been one of the imperials. “The Shade… How it makes me so angry!” Incubore suddenly shouts, “My apologies.” “You got all rights to be mad! I think these Shade-touched jerks should pay too!” Branch stated. He places a claw in his fuchsia mane. “My Shadow magic will make them run!” “At least you’re confident, Branch. This is going to be a dangerous fight.” I said to him, feeling the tension in my heart. Then I felt the crawling of the tendrils as I saw Ambrose approach. He holds the scythe in his skeletal hands and his pink eyes pulse with darkness. He was far from alone, however. Next to him were two other dragons I did not recognize. A short snowy-white pearlcatcher with large blackberry wings trotted over somewhat reluctantly, pale eyes staring out from a jester’s cap. The curls of a gradient spiral with black wings and skeletal hands emerged from the distance. Were those his children? I could see the striped wings. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88463114][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/884632/88463114_350.png[/img][/url][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4176307&skin=0&apparel=25179,25183,25180,52363,25185,25184&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4176310&skin=0&apparel=52285,47497,2758,21276,17237&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] It was not them that made me most worried, however, it was when I felt the sensation of petals go over my body. I turn around to see a candy-pink entity with spotted green wings. I felt his breath and his presence, darkness now coating him as he took a step. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87738297&skin=52360&apparel=1748,27815,28806,50750,27814&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]“Can someone tell me what’s happened here!?” I shout, immediately feeling my hackles raise. Incubore twirls a whisker, “Corruption. We are dealing with corruption.” Branch jumps in, “Let’s rumble, then! There’s eight of us and only four of them!” So, without any more words. I watched as Branch lept up and pulled out his pocket knife, suddenly charging with a grin on his face. Incubore backs him up as their runes glow with electrical energy. The rest of us soon start crowding the small group of dragons. Ambrose swings with his scythe, slashing at Mille’s neck. The aether drops to the ground, starting to whimper as his fiery familiar protects him. I hear Auberon slowly, but surely starting to cast. Words were not spoken, but we all knew that Ambrose’s group of Shade-touched dragons were not friendly. The spiral near me twists her body, a black-and-red mane flowing on her head. Spirals generally did not grow hair, but it was nearly impossible to tell whether it was a part of her body or not. She lunges at me with her teeth, starting to hold on to the best of her ability. I try to get the spiral off, slapping her off of me. She lifts her head, giving me a look of what could only be described as worry. “Run. R-run r-run r-run…” She seems to whisper, I turn around as I suddenly see Ambrose slamming a scythe into my body and I feel my skin ripping apart. I watch as he stares with eyes that are not his own. Hemerocallis next to him as my world distorts and distorts. The twisting and twisting went through every sense as I struggled to escape. I call out to whoever can hear me. “Draphyre!? Eirlys!? Hel-” [b]No more help.[/b][/left] --------------------- [left]~@Reilybug~ I was hoping that Equator would make it to the end, but alas, it was not meant to be. At least it establishes the threat of the Shade now. Hemerocallis and Ambrose aren’t playing nice anymore with all that corruption in their system, and Equator, well, Equator might come back, but they won’t be the same… I was hoping to focus on the newbies, but I promise they’ll get more parts. Just had to give Equator the sendoff they deserve, even if it’s a rather painful one. Also, Ambrose has kids! Will they be good or evil though? Find out later…[/left] ---------------------
Chapter 42 - Penumbra
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 7. A fight has occurred and Equator, Draphyre, Eirlys, Mille, Incubore, Branch, Daranc, and Auberon are involved.
86261029p.png81667852p.png86461826p.png87011774p.png87154384p.png88071956p.png56994494p.png79720811p.png
Equator, Draphyre, Eirlys, Mille, Incubore, Branch, Daranc, and Auberon’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled are 99, 5, 54, 67, 7, 23, 2, and 5. Equator has Died. Draphyre has come out unscathed. Eirlys has gained a Minor Injury. Mille has gained a Minor Injury, Incubore has come out unscathed. Branch has come out unscathed. Daranc has come out unscathed. Auberon has come out unscathed.
Equator
I felt an ache underneath my thick fur. Ever since I met with Ambrose. He has… Changed. The Shade-Touched pearlcatcher had grown more aggressive, holding his scythe with a tighter grip and threatening us if we did not embrace the darkness. Hemerocallis, too, seemed to be less friendly. While the superpowered tundra still held some love for me, he warned us that we could no longer be on the same page. Perhaps that was why I was suddenly attacked Ambrose, his scythe piercing through part of my flesh. Now I knew that while they were not Gaians, a new threat was coming. I had only heard of the Shade in legends before, but now, it was very real.

“Equator?” I hear Eirlys’s quiet voice emerge, “Has Ambrose lost himself?” She says with a murmur.
“You know him better than I do.” I remarked to the undertide, “But I think he’s a lost cause.”
Eirlys raises her fins, “If you say so.”
I watch as Eirlys stares into the distance, seeming to search for something I am unable to see. The majority of us came to investigate the current activities revolving around Ambrose and Hemerocallis with the except of Ultraviolet and Mantilla, who were happy to protect Renewed Spirits while we were gone. Out of everyone, Eirlys was the most apprehensive. I knew how the Shade affected her, and how she was the closest to Ambrose out of all of us. I suddenly here a loud flap. It must have been one of the imperials.

“The Shade… How it makes me so angry!” Incubore suddenly shouts, “My apologies.”
“You got all rights to be mad! I think these Shade-touched jerks should pay too!” Branch stated. He places a claw in his fuchsia mane. “My Shadow magic will make them run!”
“At least you’re confident, Branch. This is going to be a dangerous fight.” I said to him, feeling the tension in my heart.

Then I felt the crawling of the tendrils as I saw Ambrose approach. He holds the scythe in his skeletal hands and his pink eyes pulse with darkness. He was far from alone, however. Next to him were two other dragons I did not recognize.

A short snowy-white pearlcatcher with large blackberry wings trotted over somewhat reluctantly, pale eyes staring out from a jester’s cap. The curls of a gradient spiral with black wings and skeletal hands emerged from the distance. Were those his children? I could see the striped wings.
88463114_350.pngscry?sdid=4176307&skin=0&apparel=25179,25183,25180,52363,25185,25184&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=4176310&skin=0&apparel=52285,47497,2758,21276,17237&xt=dressing.png
It was not them that made me most worried, however, it was when I felt the sensation of petals go over my body. I turn around to see a candy-pink entity with spotted green wings. I felt his breath and his presence, darkness now coating him as he took a step.
dragon?did=87738297&skin=52360&apparel=1748,27815,28806,50750,27814&xt=dressing.png
“Can someone tell me what’s happened here!?” I shout, immediately feeling my hackles raise.
Incubore twirls a whisker, “Corruption. We are dealing with corruption.”
Branch jumps in, “Let’s rumble, then! There’s eight of us and only four of them!”
So, without any more words. I watched as Branch lept up and pulled out his pocket knife, suddenly charging with a grin on his face. Incubore backs him up as their runes glow with electrical energy. The rest of us soon start crowding the small group of dragons. Ambrose swings with his scythe, slashing at Mille’s neck. The aether drops to the ground, starting to whimper as his fiery familiar protects him. I hear Auberon slowly, but surely starting to cast. Words were not spoken, but we all knew that Ambrose’s group of Shade-touched dragons were not friendly.

The spiral near me twists her body, a black-and-red mane flowing on her head. Spirals generally did not grow hair, but it was nearly impossible to tell whether it was a part of her body or not. She lunges at me with her teeth, starting to hold on to the best of her ability. I try to get the spiral off, slapping her off of me. She lifts her head, giving me a look of what could only be described as worry.

“Run. R-run r-run r-run…” She seems to whisper, I turn around as I suddenly see Ambrose slamming a scythe into my body and I feel my skin ripping apart. I watch as he stares with eyes that are not his own. Hemerocallis next to him as my world distorts and distorts. The twisting and twisting went through every sense as I struggled to escape. I call out to whoever can hear me.

“Draphyre!? Eirlys!? Hel-”

No more help.

~@Reilybug~
I was hoping that Equator would make it to the end, but alas, it was not meant to be. At least it establishes the threat of the Shade now. Hemerocallis and Ambrose aren’t playing nice anymore with all that corruption in their system, and Equator, well, Equator might come back, but they won’t be the same… I was hoping to focus on the newbies, but I promise they’ll get more parts. Just had to give Equator the sendoff they deserve, even if it’s a rather painful one. Also, Ambrose has kids! Will they be good or evil though? Find out later…

QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
Oh no! Poor Equator!
Oh no! Poor Equator!
My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
[quote name="reilybug" date="2023-10-23 15:12:07" ] Oh no! Poor Equator! [/quote] Yeah. It was a real gut punch losing them. They were my last founder, so I'll miss them especially. Hopefully I won't have too many more losses during this era of the Renewed Spirits.
reilybug wrote on 2023-10-23 15:12:07:
Oh no! Poor Equator!
Yeah. It was a real gut punch losing them. They were my last founder, so I'll miss them especially. Hopefully I won't have too many more losses during this era of the Renewed Spirits.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 43 - Outcast Buddies[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]28[/b]. An exercise in writing about Branch and Eirlys’s relationship was chosen. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461826][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461826p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87011774][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/870118/87011774p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88071956][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/880720/88071956p.png[/img][/url] Eirlys and Mille’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were [b]6[/b] and [b]6[/b]. Eirlys recovers from her [b]Minor Injury[/b]. Mille recovers from his [b]Minor Injury[/b]. --------------------- [left][b]Branch[/b][/left] [left]It’s not been long since I joined the Renewed Spirits and already, Equator is dead as a doornail. Or at least, corrupted by the Shade and turned into a meat puppet. I saw the whole thing go down, and even I am not sure what happened. Whatever the case is, Draphyre decided to take the reins and has since been leading us, though to be frank, I have seen that she spends most of her time slacking off. I am not going to judge her, that’s not my job. What I found was that the ink ant that roamed around the Clan, Umbrage, had decided to bond with me. I didn’t mind. It just meant that I had a lot more power within my claws. Power that I could use to prove myself. I lift my head up high as I wander with my new partner. We liked to see the territory together and this partnership allowed for my shadow energy to become strong. There was a smell, however. A smelly smell. A smell that wafted. Oh yeah, it was that time of year. “It reeks…” Eirlys murmurs to me. I look at the undertide, “I know, right? I never liked Riot of Rot. Too many boils to stare at and Plague dragons spreading their diseases.” Eirlys shrugs with her wings, “This is my first time.” She states, looking into my dark eyes. “Wait really? You don’t look that young to me.” I said in surprise. I always saw Eirlys as my senior in most regards, but it seems that she had not been through the same events that I had. I wanted to know more about her. “I did not come from Sornieth. We never had festivals revolving around the Eleven.” She notes, lifting her tail. “It is all new to me.” “Oh… Well, I hope you enjoy Riot of Rot more than I do, then!” I remarked to Eirlys. Eirlys simply seemed to muse, seeing some shrooms that had grown within the territory. She observed them with a strange look in her eyes, her face curling into a gentle smile. She suddenly takes a bite of it. A boil growing and bursting into green slime all across my body. “EWWWW!” I gag. I hated the way it sprayed on me, but I couldn’t be mad at her. She gave almost a smug grin, “I thought you knew about this festival.” “You’re… You’re not supposed to eat the mushrooms. You seem okay, though.” I said. I was surprised she didn’t get exceedingly ill from taking a bite, but she did say she was not from Sornieth. “You learn something every day.” She replies to me. “Yeah. I’ve been learning things ever since I left home. Incubore’s told me a lot.” I spoke. “Speaking of which, I know you were infected by the Shade. How are you dealing with that?” She suddenly goes quiet, seeming lost in thought, before making a quiet utterance “Complicated…” “Most dragons would hate it, but you’re not most dragons,” I tell her. I soon grab my sky orb, feeling my magical abilities flow through me. “But neither am I!” Eirlys looked interested, fascinated, even. “What kind of dragon are you, then?” “Well, you see, I come from only the most prestigious family in all of Sornieth! My lines are recorded in history, my magic runs strong, and most importantly, it made me the dragon that I am! My parents didn’t name me at my birth, and while I asked for them, they told me I had to be ready. So I ran away and made it here, where Incubore named me!” I told her, wondering about my previous life. I was happy to be here, but sometimes, I missed my family. How would they feel hanging around with all of these dragons in the middle of nowhere? “Fascinating… Did your parents treat you well?” Eirlys asked in that same, quiet neutral tone of hers. “I mean, I guess? They wanted the best for me, but I don’t think I ever fit in.” I admitted to her. “Neither do I. What does that make of us?” She asks, almost seeming to know the answer. “Outcast buddies! And do you know what that means? We get to do what we want! Now let’s stop smelling this rot and go outside for some fun!” I eagerly said. I beckoned the underside forward as she slithered over to my side. I knew that we were going to have a lot fun, and so, we left together. It was a new bond established, a new friend here, but I knew that the Shade still lurked, and that even if I felt my heart pound for Eirlys. That she would hold the corruption that I feared.[/left] --------------------- [left]~@Reilybug~ Now I get to write more for the newbies! Branch is getting to interact with Eirlys, so I decided to write about them. I’ll need to write about Daranc, Incubore, and Auberon next since they still need their spotlight moments. Also, Branch has Umbrage now because somebody had to. Happy Riot of Rot, by the way![/left] ---------------------
Chapter 43 - Outcast Buddies
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 28. An exercise in writing about Branch and Eirlys’s relationship was chosen.
86461826p.png87011774p.png88071956p.png
Eirlys and Mille’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were 6 and 6. Eirlys recovers from her Minor Injury. Mille recovers from his Minor Injury.
Branch
It’s not been long since I joined the Renewed Spirits and already, Equator is dead as a doornail. Or at least, corrupted by the Shade and turned into a meat puppet. I saw the whole thing go down, and even I am not sure what happened. Whatever the case is, Draphyre decided to take the reins and has since been leading us, though to be frank, I have seen that she spends most of her time slacking off. I am not going to judge her, that’s not my job.

What I found was that the ink ant that roamed around the Clan, Umbrage, had decided to bond with me. I didn’t mind. It just meant that I had a lot more power within my claws. Power that I could use to prove myself. I lift my head up high as I wander with my new partner. We liked to see the territory together and this partnership allowed for my shadow energy to become strong. There was a smell, however. A smelly smell. A smell that wafted.

Oh yeah, it was that time of year.

“It reeks…” Eirlys murmurs to me.
I look at the undertide, “I know, right? I never liked Riot of Rot. Too many boils to stare at and Plague dragons spreading their diseases.”
Eirlys shrugs with her wings, “This is my first time.” She states, looking into my dark eyes.
“Wait really? You don’t look that young to me.” I said in surprise. I always saw Eirlys as my senior in most regards, but it seems that she had not been through the same events that I had. I wanted to know more about her.
“I did not come from Sornieth. We never had festivals revolving around the Eleven.” She notes, lifting her tail. “It is all new to me.”
“Oh… Well, I hope you enjoy Riot of Rot more than I do, then!” I remarked to Eirlys. Eirlys simply seemed to muse, seeing some shrooms that had grown within the territory. She observed them with a strange look in her eyes, her face curling into a gentle smile. She suddenly takes a bite of it. A boil growing and bursting into green slime all across my body.

“EWWWW!” I gag. I hated the way it sprayed on me, but I couldn’t be mad at her.
She gave almost a smug grin, “I thought you knew about this festival.”
“You’re… You’re not supposed to eat the mushrooms. You seem okay, though.” I said. I was surprised she didn’t get exceedingly ill from taking a bite, but she did say she was not from Sornieth.
“You learn something every day.” She replies to me.
“Yeah. I’ve been learning things ever since I left home. Incubore’s told me a lot.” I spoke. “Speaking of which, I know you were infected by the Shade. How are you dealing with that?”
She suddenly goes quiet, seeming lost in thought, before making a quiet utterance “Complicated…”
“Most dragons would hate it, but you’re not most dragons,” I tell her. I soon grab my sky orb, feeling my magical abilities flow through me. “But neither am I!”
Eirlys looked interested, fascinated, even. “What kind of dragon are you, then?”

“Well, you see, I come from only the most prestigious family in all of Sornieth! My lines are recorded in history, my magic runs strong, and most importantly, it made me the dragon that I am! My parents didn’t name me at my birth, and while I asked for them, they told me I had to be ready. So I ran away and made it here, where Incubore named me!” I told her, wondering about my previous life. I was happy to be here, but sometimes, I missed my family. How would they feel hanging around with all of these dragons in the middle of nowhere?

“Fascinating… Did your parents treat you well?” Eirlys asked in that same, quiet neutral tone of hers.
“I mean, I guess? They wanted the best for me, but I don’t think I ever fit in.” I admitted to her.
“Neither do I. What does that make of us?” She asks, almost seeming to know the answer.
“Outcast buddies! And do you know what that means? We get to do what we want! Now let’s stop smelling this rot and go outside for some fun!” I eagerly said. I beckoned the underside forward as she slithered over to my side. I knew that we were going to have a lot fun, and so, we left together. It was a new bond established, a new friend here, but I knew that the Shade still lurked, and that even if I felt my heart pound for Eirlys.

That she would hold the corruption that I feared.

~@Reilybug~
Now I get to write more for the newbies! Branch is getting to interact with Eirlys, so I decided to write about them. I’ll need to write about Daranc, Incubore, and Auberon next since they still need their spotlight moments. Also, Branch has Umbrage now because somebody had to.

Happy Riot of Rot, by the way!

QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
There's a new way to make Pinglists, everyone, and because of this, I have made my own Mercury's Coming Pinglist! Join if you're interested!
@Reilybug
There's a new way to make Pinglists, everyone, and because of this, I have made my own Mercury's Coming Pinglist! Join if you're interested!
@Reilybug
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14