Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Mercury's Coming - Lucklocke
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
I've been meaning to check this out for a while but kept forgetting to. This is really cool! Mind adding me to the pinglist?
I've been meaning to check this out for a while but kept forgetting to. This is really cool! Mind adding me to the pinglist?
My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
Finally! Someone who's reading after thirty-four chapters.

Yes, I'll add you to the Pinglist and I'll be posting a new chapter soon for Drakeharvest!
Finally! Someone who's reading after thirty-four chapters.

Yes, I'll add you to the Pinglist and I'll be posting a new chapter soon for Drakeharvest!
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 35 - Harvest Time[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]52[/b]. An exercise in writing about Mantilla and Drakeharvest was chosen. [item=ceanothus brawler] --------------------- [left][b]Mantilla[/b][/left] [left]The autumn season brought a time known as Drakeharvest, where the plants grow the tallest and the herbivores get their fill. If I had my way, I would personally call it Mithharvest, but the dragons discovered the harvest first and therefore got dibs on naming the holiday. Nevertheless, I didn’t mind. I’ve heard that our ancestors didn’t eat and only lived to breed. I never felt the need to eat unless someone made me, but Ultraviolet has a dragon’s appetite. She’s just grown to her full size and has been munching insects all day and all night. It gets very loud in there, but I like loud! I stay by Ultraviolet’s side as she relaxes. She looks at me with those bright blue eyes of hers. “How does it feel not being able to eat the grain?” I asked her. “Is it weird?” Ultraviolet shook her head, “I can eat grain… I have to be careful, though.” “OH! I thought nocturnes were carnivores!” I mused. “They are. I have to be careful.” She murmured quietly to me. I looked rather confused, but if she wanted to eat grain, then I’ll let her eat grain. “That’s weird, but you do you!” I say to her, I grab some grain and shove it in my mouth “JUST LIKE THIS!” Ultraviolet giggled slightly as she draped a long wing over my body. Those wings of hers were so large I wondered how she walked at times. She never complained about it and seemed to be a decent walker when she did not trip over herself. I continued to feel the grain across my mouth, tasting it even if I didn’t really need it. Ultraviolet stretches herself out and I start to flutter my wings I swear I heard a noise in the distance and when I raised my eyes. I saw a familiar draconic figure in the distance. I recognized him to be Torres, but something had changed about his skin. Black blotches covered his tangerine body and his wings were now divided into sections. His face was now entirely a bright purple and across his face was a massive grin. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4210209&skin=47481&apparel=42114,1159,47894,345,13843&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “I think the Starfall magic came early!” Torres says, showing off his new look. “I’m frankly not sure how I feel about that.” I bluntly told him. “Your look is messing up my eyes!” “Thanks!” Torres grinned back, waving a ruby claw. “I think it really adds to my strangeness!” “Sure it does…” I muttered, turning to Ultraviolet. He got on my nerves. Ultraviolet simply shook her head as Torres soon went off parading Truffle. It was once again just me and her. We spent a lot of time alone, but that never bothered either of us. There was something between me and Ultraviolet that nobody else could understand. A supernatural kind of connection. I’m not going to be too isolated, though! Most of the dragons don’t mind me. I go off to check out the territory and everything it has to offer. I liked to train and to keep myself ready for battle. I haven’t seen Renewed Spirits’ local rival, the Gaians, but it was always good to be prepared in case I was ever attacked. It was also relaxing in a strange way. I felt like fighting was what I’m good for. It’s been like that since I was a kid, it’s now like that today. I feel ready to face the creatures of the horizon and go in. I see the crimson emperors and the death’s head stags, and I bring out my axe. I fight them and I swing it, going through the motions and feeling their hooves on me. Drakeharvest continues as I feel the autumn leaves on my antennae, and when I’m done, I come out with the hooves on my belt. I know that my strength benefits me and that my power will shine. “LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!” I shouted towards Ultraviolet. She looks at me, “Quiet down a little…” “Heh, sorry! Well, I found some hooves to eat!” I replied to her, Ultraviolet smiles under her masque, “Thank you.” “You’re welcome!” I respond. Together, we’ll go bravely. --------------------- ~@Reilybug~ [emoji=autumn tree size=1][emoji=autumn tree size=1][emoji=autumn tree size=1][emoji=autumn tree size=1][emoji=autumn tree size=1] Happy Drakeharvest! I decided it would be a good time to gene Torres since I've had him for a while and had all of the proper genes, which just leaves Ultraviolet. Besides that, I decided to write more about Mantilla since they just joined. Next time they're be more action, but for now, have Mantilla and Ultraviolet.
Chapter 35 - Harvest Time
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 52. An exercise in writing about Mantilla and Drakeharvest was chosen.
Ceanothus Brawler
Mantilla
The autumn season brought a time known as Drakeharvest, where the plants grow the tallest and the herbivores get their fill. If I had my way, I would personally call it Mithharvest, but the dragons discovered the harvest first and therefore got dibs on naming the holiday. Nevertheless, I didn’t mind. I’ve heard that our ancestors didn’t eat and only lived to breed. I never felt the need to eat unless someone made me, but Ultraviolet has a dragon’s appetite. She’s just grown to her full size and has been munching insects all day and all night. It gets very loud in there, but I like loud! I stay by Ultraviolet’s side as she relaxes. She looks at me with those bright blue eyes of hers.

“How does it feel not being able to eat the grain?” I asked her. “Is it weird?”
Ultraviolet shook her head, “I can eat grain… I have to be careful, though.”
“OH! I thought nocturnes were carnivores!” I mused.
“They are. I have to be careful.” She murmured quietly to me. I looked rather confused, but if she wanted to eat grain, then I’ll let her eat grain.
“That’s weird, but you do you!” I say to her, I grab some grain and shove it in my mouth “JUST LIKE THIS!”
Ultraviolet giggled slightly as she draped a long wing over my body. Those wings of hers were so large I wondered how she walked at times. She never complained about it and seemed to be a decent walker when she did not trip over herself. I continued to feel the grain across my mouth, tasting it even if I didn’t really need it.

Ultraviolet stretches herself out and I start to flutter my wings I swear I heard a noise in the distance and when I raised my eyes. I saw a familiar draconic figure in the distance. I recognized him to be Torres, but something had changed about his skin. Black blotches covered his tangerine body and his wings were now divided into sections. His face was now entirely a bright purple and across his face was a massive grin.
scry?sdid=4210209&skin=47481&apparel=42114,1159,47894,345,13843&xt=dressing.png
“I think the Starfall magic came early!” Torres says, showing off his new look.
“I’m frankly not sure how I feel about that.” I bluntly told him. “Your look is messing up my eyes!”
“Thanks!” Torres grinned back, waving a ruby claw. “I think it really adds to my strangeness!”
“Sure it does…” I muttered, turning to Ultraviolet. He got on my nerves.
Ultraviolet simply shook her head as Torres soon went off parading Truffle. It was once again just me and her. We spent a lot of time alone, but that never bothered either of us. There was something between me and Ultraviolet that nobody else could understand. A supernatural kind of connection. I’m not going to be too isolated, though! Most of the dragons don’t mind me. I go off to check out the territory and everything it has to offer.

I liked to train and to keep myself ready for battle. I haven’t seen Renewed Spirits’ local rival, the Gaians, but it was always good to be prepared in case I was ever attacked. It was also relaxing in a strange way. I felt like fighting was what I’m good for. It’s been like that since I was a kid, it’s now like that today. I feel ready to face the creatures of the horizon and go in. I see the crimson emperors and the death’s head stags, and I bring out my axe. I fight them and I swing it, going through the motions and feeling their hooves on me. Drakeharvest continues as I feel the autumn leaves on my antennae, and when I’m done, I come out with the hooves on my belt. I know that my strength benefits me and that my power will shine.

“LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!” I shouted towards Ultraviolet.
She looks at me, “Quiet down a little…”
“Heh, sorry! Well, I found some hooves to eat!” I replied to her,
Ultraviolet smiles under her masque, “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome!” I respond.

Together, we’ll go bravely.
~@Reilybug~

Happy Drakeharvest! I decided it would be a good time to gene Torres since I've had him for a while and had all of the proper genes, which just leaves Ultraviolet. Besides that, I decided to write more about Mantilla since they just joined. Next time they're be more action, but for now, have Mantilla and Ultraviolet.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
Something about a moth going to beat up a bunch of deer is really funny.

Also can I send some dragons in? And would it be OK for one of them to be a eternal youth?

Also can I send some dragons in? And would it be OK for one of them to be a eternal youth?

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
[quote name="reilybug" date="2023-09-08 18:29:20" ] Something about a moth going to beat up a bunch of deer is really funny. Also can I send some dragons in? And would it be OK for one of them to be a eternal youth? [/quote] Sure thing! I'll figure out whether they be PCs or NPCs. You can ask which one you want them to be. Eternal Youth is fine. And yes, a moth beating up a deer is funny. Speaking of how many dragons I have in queue I need to bring some in. (I have three waiting, but I'm always willing for more).
reilybug wrote on 2023-09-08 18:29:20:

Sure thing! I'll figure out whether they be PCs or NPCs. You can ask which one you want them to be. Eternal Youth is fine. And yes, a moth beating up a deer is funny.

Speaking of how many dragons I have in queue I need to bring some in. (I have three waiting, but I'm always willing for more).
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 36 - Finding Beauty[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]23[/b]. A ‘fight’ has occurred and Equator is involved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url] Equator’s fate is in Lady Luck’s hands. The number that was rolled was [b]76[/b]. Equator has gained a [b]Minor Injury [/b] --------------------- [left][b]Equator[/b][/left] [left] Drakeharvest had just ended here in the Renewed Spirits, but the autumn feeling was still upon us. I had been making cleaning up the leaves to make room for all the dragons and for gathering food. I frankly took a few bites while nobody was looking, but I don’t think any of the dragons noticed my occasional snack. Torres has been continuing to show off his new look and how much he enjoys it, and I think my daughter is getting just a bit jealous of it. Therefore, she’s told me that I need to go get her some genes, a journey which I am undertaking with my closest companion, Draphyre. They’ve been grateful enough to be by side as we travel outside of Oden, but I can’t help but to feel something is watching us. “Equator. You look faint today.” Draphyre spoke with a purr. “I feel like something’s watching us.” I reply back, “It might just be me, but keep your eyes out.” Draphyre looked around with their emerald eyes, but simply shook their head. “Nothing’s here.” They curtly said. “Well that’s good to know. I was worried we were going to get jumped!” I stated. Draphyre continues to look around, wandering carefully and keeping an eye out on me. Draphyre still seemed to be on edge about something. I felt that something was about to go off the rails. It was then that I saw that pearlcatcher, much older but still with a strange look on his face. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88463114][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/884632/88463114_350.png[/img][/url] [/center]“Stay back! We bite, you know!” I replied to the pearlcatcher, making sure he did not attack. He raises an eyebrow, “I… I am not here to fight?” Draphyre gives a snort at him, “If you’re not here to fight. What are you doing here?” “Research.” He says back. “Who even are you? We don’t appreciate Gaians getting close to our territory without a good reason.” I state, watching the pearlcatcher carefully. “Ambrose.” He says, “You have… [b]Potential[/b] do you not?” The pearlcatcher’s face curls into a smile. “What are you trying here!?” I shouted, feeling the influnce of the Shade on him. “[b]We need a muse.[/b]” Ambrose replies. I suddenly feel a surge of inky black go into me. I give a roar back towards the pearlcatcher and barrel him. I was smaller than the multicolored pest, but I had more experience. He gives a yelp and starts backing away. I then feel a strange aura near me. When I turn, I see Hemerocallis. His lilypad-covered body and petals fell. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3911796&skin=0&apparel=1748,27815,28806,50750,27814&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]“Ambrose, stop!” Hemerocallis states, “Not everyone embraces the Shade like you do.” Ambrose calms down, “[b]We do not understand…[/b] But that is okay.” He says, his ears lowering. “My apologies.” “We are not a part of the Gaians. I mean, we are, but we are trying to stop Sovanna and the others. Mother’s disappeared and we are trying to figure out where she went.” Hemerocallis soon explained. The smaller tundra wagged his tail and sat down. “Ambrose is here to help.” Ambrose gives a curt nod. “We still don’t trust you.” Draphyre stated, “I’m not supposed to trust you.” “Oh yes… It told you not to. No worries, I still believe that we are able to solve it.” Hemerocallis remarked. What did he mean? “Who told Draphyre? ‘It’ told them?” I asked Hemerocallis. Hemerocallis smiles and blushes at me. “Yes it did. No worries!” He replied back. “It’s nothing you need to worry about, Equator. Gaians and Renewed Spirits just aren’t supposed to get along, even if these two are saying that they are working against them.” Draphyre says. They are clearly hiding something from me, but a degree of skepticism was important when it comes to Hemerocallis and Ambrose. “Well, anyways. I’m going to get some genes for my daughter if you have any spares.” I ask Hemerocallis. I knew that Hemerocallis could let out some of his magic to change dragons, so that was something I wanted for Ultraviolet. She was looking for a change. Hemerocallis grins, “Carry my magic with you and she will find happiness!” “Thanks! Ultraviolet will appreciate it!” I spoke. I soon wandered off to give Ultraviolet the look of her dreams, bringing Draphyre alongside me. Draphyre still seemed to be on edge and did not speak a word on the trip, but it was good to know that some of the Gaians had doubts about their mission. Nevertheless, that bit of darkness was irritating my body and I hoped that it would go away and I would not become Shade-touched like Eirlys was. Soon, I saw Ultraviolet and the magic entered her body. When she opened her eyes back up. She gave a smile, now feeling more beautiful than ever with her body having streaks of black, forest green, orange, and white. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=88227851&skin=0&apparel=41526,40846,40849,2506,29634,2855&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/center]--------------------- ~@Reilybug~ Finally got around to geneing Ultraviolet and writing some more about Ambrose, who doesn’t fully understand dragons. I’ve also done the rolls up to Chapter 41, but it’ll be slow, but sure since I’m currently attending College. ---------------------
Chapter 36 - Finding Beauty
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 23. A ‘fight’ has occurred and Equator is involved.
86261029p.png
Equator’s fate is in Lady Luck’s hands. The number that was rolled was 76. Equator has gained a Minor Injury
Equator
Drakeharvest had just ended here in the Renewed Spirits, but the autumn feeling was still upon us. I had been making cleaning up the leaves to make room for all the dragons and for gathering food. I frankly took a few bites while nobody was looking, but I don’t think any of the dragons noticed my occasional snack. Torres has been continuing to show off his new look and how much he enjoys it, and I think my daughter is getting just a bit jealous of it. Therefore, she’s told me that I need to go get her some genes, a journey which I am undertaking with my closest companion, Draphyre. They’ve been grateful enough to be by side as we travel outside of Oden, but I can’t help but to feel something is watching us.

“Equator. You look faint today.” Draphyre spoke with a purr.
“I feel like something’s watching us.” I reply back, “It might just be me, but keep your eyes out.”
Draphyre looked around with their emerald eyes, but simply shook their head. “Nothing’s here.” They curtly said.
“Well that’s good to know. I was worried we were going to get jumped!” I stated.
Draphyre continues to look around, wandering carefully and keeping an eye out on me. Draphyre still seemed to be on edge about something. I felt that something was about to go off the rails. It was then that I saw that pearlcatcher, much older but still with a strange look on his face.
88463114_350.png
“Stay back! We bite, you know!” I replied to the pearlcatcher, making sure he did not attack.
He raises an eyebrow, “I… I am not here to fight?”
Draphyre gives a snort at him, “If you’re not here to fight. What are you doing here?”
“Research.” He says back.
“Who even are you? We don’t appreciate Gaians getting close to our territory without a good reason.” I state, watching the pearlcatcher carefully.
“Ambrose.” He says, “You have… Potential do you not?” The pearlcatcher’s face curls into a smile.
“What are you trying here!?” I shouted, feeling the influnce of the Shade on him.
We need a muse.” Ambrose replies. I suddenly feel a surge of inky black go into me. I give a roar back towards the pearlcatcher and barrel him. I was smaller than the multicolored pest, but I had more experience. He gives a yelp and starts backing away. I then feel a strange aura near me. When I turn, I see Hemerocallis. His lilypad-covered body and petals fell.
scry?sdid=3911796&skin=0&apparel=1748,27815,28806,50750,27814&xt=dressing.png
“Ambrose, stop!” Hemerocallis states, “Not everyone embraces the Shade like you do.”
Ambrose calms down, “We do not understand… But that is okay.” He says, his ears lowering. “My apologies.”
“We are not a part of the Gaians. I mean, we are, but we are trying to stop Sovanna and the others. Mother’s disappeared and we are trying to figure out where she went.” Hemerocallis soon explained. The smaller tundra wagged his tail and sat down. “Ambrose is here to help.”
Ambrose gives a curt nod.
“We still don’t trust you.” Draphyre stated, “I’m not supposed to trust you.”
“Oh yes… It told you not to. No worries, I still believe that we are able to solve it.” Hemerocallis remarked. What did he mean?
“Who told Draphyre? ‘It’ told them?” I asked Hemerocallis. Hemerocallis smiles and blushes at me.
“Yes it did. No worries!” He replied back.
“It’s nothing you need to worry about, Equator. Gaians and Renewed Spirits just aren’t supposed to get along, even if these two are saying that they are working against them.” Draphyre says. They are clearly hiding something from me, but a degree of skepticism was important when it comes to Hemerocallis and Ambrose.

“Well, anyways. I’m going to get some genes for my daughter if you have any spares.” I ask Hemerocallis. I knew that Hemerocallis could let out some of his magic to change dragons, so that was something I wanted for Ultraviolet. She was looking for a change.
Hemerocallis grins, “Carry my magic with you and she will find happiness!”
“Thanks! Ultraviolet will appreciate it!” I spoke. I soon wandered off to give Ultraviolet the look of her dreams, bringing Draphyre alongside me. Draphyre still seemed to be on edge and did not speak a word on the trip, but it was good to know that some of the Gaians had doubts about their mission. Nevertheless, that bit of darkness was irritating my body and I hoped that it would go away and I would not become Shade-touched like Eirlys was.

Soon, I saw Ultraviolet and the magic entered her body. When she opened her eyes back up. She gave a smile, now feeling more beautiful than ever with her body having streaks of black, forest green, orange, and white.
dragon?did=88227851&skin=0&apparel=41526,40846,40849,2506,29634,2855&xt=dressing.png

~@Reilybug~
Finally got around to geneing Ultraviolet and writing some more about Ambrose, who doesn’t fully understand dragons. I’ve also done the rolls up to Chapter 41, but it’ll be slow, but sure since I’m currently attending College.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 37 - Feeling Darkness[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]54[/b]. An exercise in writing about Eirlys and Ambrose was chosen. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461826][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461826p.png[/img][/url] Equator’s fate is in Lady Luck’s hands. The number that was rolled was [b]5[/b]. Equator recovers from their [b]Minor Injury[/b]. --------------------- [left][b]Eirlys[/b][/left] [left] The wicked and wild wind found itself near our home, and the weather was thick with magic. It made me feel ill. You would believe that I would adjust to the place for living within it for such a long period of time, but it has not changed. My head still ached, my breath was still raspy, and I did not want to do anything but to lay down. I watch over the sun as it reaches the top of the sky, a glow hitting my flesh-filled body. Equator passes by, Ultraviolet and Mantilla next to them as they go off on an adventure. Torres playfully rushes about and Draphyre looks over at the flowers. The sunlight is harsh. I must retreat back to the darkness. I slither away to find my next destination. Hungry and aching. “[b]Eirlys.[/b]” I heard the echo of the Shade. I turn to see Ambrose, giving a soft smile.” [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88463114][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/884632/88463114_350.png[/img][/url] [/center]“Hello, Ambrose.” I reply to him, “How are you doing?” “I am doing good. The line has spread.” Ambrose remarked, pulling out two eggs and holding them in his skeletal claws. I was surprised, “You had eggs? With whom?” I asked the pearlcatcher. “I found an Ice spiral on this territory who allowed me to use her as a conduit.” Ambrose said, “Better than getting attached. The curse is strong.” “You are cursed? What happened?” I asked as I slithered around, looking into Ambrose’s pink eyes “A familial curse. My great-great-grandmother was born cursed. It was said that loneliness shall follow her and be a curse upon her bloodline. She bred with well-known lineages to so her children could find connections.” Ambrose says as he sits down. “I never had a family. I want to know more about yours.” I asked, “I have Torres and Equator, but they are just companions.” “[b]We are family in the Shade[/b], but about my biological family, I can explain.” Ambrose responded, “Let me tell you the story of where I came from.” “Once upon a time. My great-great-grandmother, Curse, well, held a curse. Curse was a guardian, though she looked nothing like me, and one of the mates she took on was a goat-eyed obelisk named Vaeril. They had a daughter, my great-grandmother Destiny. Now Curse and Destiny were Wind dragons, but they came to the great tree of the Refuge. It was then that Destiny met with a spiral named Cavador. Now Curse knew that Cavador was touched by the Shade, and learned that Cavador needed offspring. It was then that Curse made a deal with Cavador, to have eggs with her as long as he did not come close to Destiny. Now Cavador mated with Curse, but he was already a father of two. His eldest was a spiral, just like him named Doppio. Destiny learned that Doppio was her charge and they became mates with one another. Their oldest, my grandmother Raspberri, was a monster hunter. The fool fought against the darkness and sought to break the curse, meeting with a pearlcatcher named Spirit. They tried but failed. Soon, their youngest child, Rivulet, would be separated from them and be adopted here. The rest would be history.” Ambrose quietly finished. “So you have gotten the Shade from Cavador, then,” I replied. “No. I got it from Cavador’s mother. A mirror named Balance. The Shade has told me so much. About how Balance tried to fight the darkness. How Cavador tried to fight it later in his life. How Doppio did. [b]They were wrong. We will be beyond dragonkind, as will these children.[/b]” Ambrose said as the power flowed through him. “Okay. Let us get vengeance on Sovanna first for what she’s done to me. What she’s done to you.” I stated, giving the nod of my head. I soon slithered away, knowing that I had to return back home soon and do the work around Renewed Spirits. Ambrose seemed to know he had to return to Hemerocallis, as well. He gives a smirk as he walks off, seeming to know what he will do next. He always seemed so confident in himself, but I remembered that I never asked for this power in my body. It consumed me and it made me feel powerful. I wanted to feel it in my soul. I wanted to be myself. They said that it was ‘evil’. I wanted [b]vengeance[/b] but I was losing myself. Perhaps it was different from those born as dragons, but I am starting to feel the destruction that held. --------------------- ~@Reilybug~ Yes, Ambrose really does have a storied history! He was descended from a lineage that started in @Petall’s [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/1]Beneath the Boughs[/url] which ended up getting Shade-touched, though unlike his ancestors he’s fully on board with consuming things. Eirlys, on the other hand, is starting to have some regrets, it seems. Eirlys is a little hard to write since they’re so quiet and don’t interact with others very much. The only question is whether Ambrose’s kiddos will go the same path (or if they even make it). The curse is the reason why Ambrose didn't choose a mate. He doesn't want to get attached and knows that he's destined for loneliness. He still wants kids/experiments though. ---------------------
Chapter 37 - Feeling Darkness
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 54. An exercise in writing about Eirlys and Ambrose was chosen.
86261029p.png86461826p.png
Equator’s fate is in Lady Luck’s hands. The number that was rolled was 5. Equator recovers from their Minor Injury.
Eirlys
The wicked and wild wind found itself near our home, and the weather was thick with magic. It made me feel ill. You would believe that I would adjust to the place for living within it for such a long period of time, but it has not changed. My head still ached, my breath was still raspy, and I did not want to do anything but to lay down. I watch over the sun as it reaches the top of the sky, a glow hitting my flesh-filled body. Equator passes by, Ultraviolet and Mantilla next to them as they go off on an adventure. Torres playfully rushes about and Draphyre looks over at the flowers. The sunlight is harsh. I must retreat back to the darkness. I slither away to find my next destination. Hungry and aching.

Eirlys.” I heard the echo of the Shade. I turn to see Ambrose, giving a soft smile.”
88463114_350.png
“Hello, Ambrose.” I reply to him, “How are you doing?”
“I am doing good. The line has spread.” Ambrose remarked, pulling out two eggs and holding them in his skeletal claws.
I was surprised, “You had eggs? With whom?” I asked the pearlcatcher.
“I found an Ice spiral on this territory who allowed me to use her as a conduit.” Ambrose said, “Better than getting attached. The curse is strong.”
“You are cursed? What happened?” I asked as I slithered around, looking into Ambrose’s pink eyes
“A familial curse. My great-great-grandmother was born cursed. It was said that loneliness shall follow her and be a curse upon her bloodline. She bred with well-known lineages to so her children could find connections.” Ambrose says as he sits down.
“I never had a family. I want to know more about yours.” I asked, “I have Torres and Equator, but they are just companions.”
We are family in the Shade, but about my biological family, I can explain.” Ambrose responded, “Let me tell you the story of where I came from.”

“Once upon a time. My great-great-grandmother, Curse, well, held a curse. Curse was a guardian, though she looked nothing like me, and one of the mates she took on was a goat-eyed obelisk named Vaeril. They had a daughter, my great-grandmother Destiny. Now Curse and Destiny were Wind dragons, but they came to the great tree of the Refuge. It was then that Destiny met with a spiral named Cavador. Now Curse knew that Cavador was touched by the Shade, and learned that Cavador needed offspring. It was then that Curse made a deal with Cavador, to have eggs with her as long as he did not come close to Destiny. Now Cavador mated with Curse, but he was already a father of two. His eldest was a spiral, just like him named Doppio. Destiny learned that Doppio was her charge and they became mates with one another. Their oldest, my grandmother Raspberri, was a monster hunter. The fool fought against the darkness and sought to break the curse, meeting with a pearlcatcher named Spirit. They tried but failed. Soon, their youngest child, Rivulet, would be separated from them and be adopted here. The rest would be history.” Ambrose quietly finished.

“So you have gotten the Shade from Cavador, then,” I replied.
“No. I got it from Cavador’s mother. A mirror named Balance. The Shade has told me so much. About how Balance tried to fight the darkness. How Cavador tried to fight it later in his life. How Doppio did. They were wrong. We will be beyond dragonkind, as will these children.” Ambrose said as the power flowed through him.
“Okay. Let us get vengeance on Sovanna first for what she’s done to me. What she’s done to you.” I stated, giving the nod of my head.

I soon slithered away, knowing that I had to return back home soon and do the work around Renewed Spirits. Ambrose seemed to know he had to return to Hemerocallis, as well. He gives a smirk as he walks off, seeming to know what he will do next. He always seemed so confident in himself, but I remembered that I never asked for this power in my body. It consumed me and it made me feel powerful. I wanted to feel it in my soul. I wanted to be myself. They said that it was ‘evil’. I wanted vengeance but I was losing myself.

Perhaps it was different from those born as dragons, but I am starting to feel the destruction that held.
~@Reilybug~
Yes, Ambrose really does have a storied history! He was descended from a lineage that started in @Petall’s Beneath the Boughs which ended up getting Shade-touched, though unlike his ancestors he’s fully on board with consuming things. Eirlys, on the other hand, is starting to have some regrets, it seems. Eirlys is a little hard to write since they’re so quiet and don’t interact with others very much. The only question is whether Ambrose’s kiddos will go the same path (or if they even make it). The curse is the reason why Ambrose didn't choose a mate. He doesn't want to get attached and knows that he's destined for loneliness. He still wants kids/experiments though.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
Eirlys and Ambrose kinda reminded me of this meme so I did a thing:

https://youtu.be/JGW2zhOxCpE

Can't wait to see what Ambrose's kids turn out to look like!

[quote name="reilybug" date="2023-09-19 16:22:49" ] Eirlys and Ambrose kinda reminded me of this meme so I did a thing: https://youtu.be/JGW2zhOxCpE Can't wait to see what Ambrose's kids turn out to look like! [/quote] I love this! As for Ambrose's kids, I can't wait to see them later. They'll be lineage hatchlings, so if one or both don't make it, I'll be making sure to put them on sale (you can even have one).
reilybug wrote on 2023-09-19 16:22:49:

I love this! As for Ambrose's kids, I can't wait to see them later. They'll be lineage hatchlings, so if one or both don't make it, I'll be making sure to put them on sale (you can even have one).
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[center][size=4][u][b]Chapter 38 - Cannon Fodder[/b][/u][/size] The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was [b]15[/b]. A fight has occurred and Equator, Eirlys, Torres, Ultraviolet, and Mantilla are involved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86261029][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/862611/86261029p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461826][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461826p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86461827][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/864619/86461827p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=88227851][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/882279/88227851p.png[/img][/url][item=ceanothus brawler] Equator, Eirlys, Torres, and Ultraviolet’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were [b]64[/b], [b]80[/b], [b]98[/b], and [b]3[/b]. Equator has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b]. Eirlys has gained a [b]Minor Injury[/b], Torres has [b]Died[/b]. Ultraviolet comes out unscathed. --------------------- [left][b]Torres[/b][/left] [left]“Do ya want cause cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!” I gave a grin as I got Draphyre’s attention. Her emerald-colored eyes staring into my own eyes. Shining feathers adorned her body and her spotted wings hit the light in just right way. She knew that it was Pirate Day. Everyone did as ships cross by and doubloons were scattered. It’s the first time that I’ve been here for Pirate Day, and celebrations were in order! Unfortunately, it was hard to get pirate gear around these parts, so I just had to wear my normal clothing. I look around for the parrots that fly around. The aquatic oddities that I could have fun with! River flights plop their fat bodies as they bring up fish. It was certainly a strange day, to be sure, but I liked strange and decided that it would be a great time to have fun. Draphyre watches me give the wave of a hand. “It looks like you enjoy pirates.” Draphyre remarked to me, giving the wave of her hand. “I sure do! I can feel the yaaaaargh go through me!” I said to her, grinning. “It is a good time to be a pirate. Sailing across the seven seas, grabbing things, laying around on a ship and yo-ho-ho-ing.” Draphyre mused to herself, “But frankly, I prefer being pampered here.” “Oh! I can pamper you more! Pampering for the best coatl I know!” I giggled. “Thank you. I have some relaxation to attend to.” Draphyre noted as she left, going elsewhere to some place where can she can place herself down and relax. I, meanwhile, ran around to find the others and join the pirate’s life with them. I soon see Equator, but their expression is one of concern. “The Gaians came, and they’re not happy.” Equator said to me. It was then that the tundra whipped their head around to see a spotted mirror barging them over. Her claws sunk in, and her red eyes looked out of her mask. She held up a bony red claw and soon started to channel a sickly air of magic. She pins down Equator, and I know that I have to fight her. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=85651032][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/856511/85651032_350.png[/img][/url] [/center]“It’s really nice to have cannons from all the pirates. Especially when they can blow your heads off!” The mirror, Echinococcosis, giggled. “Oh no you don’t! You can blow my head off, but not Equator’s!” I remarked, “They prefer to have their head on!” “Is that a challenge? Heheheheh! Let’s play.” She says as she charges straight towards me. I soon realize that another is coming up from behind. I recognize xem as Echino’s mate, the vibrant pearlcatcher Rivulet. Rivulet narrows xyr forest-green eyes and brings up a miniature cannon [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86667711][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/866678/86667711_350.png[/img][/url] [/center]“W-we got the undertide pinned. We have to find… W-we have to find the nocturne now.” Rivulet murmurs to Echino. The pearlcatcher aims the cannon as a kind of energy gathers in it. I continue to try and protect Equator with all my might. The cannon fired, and I felt it hit my body. I nevertheless continued to stand my ground. “They’re gathering all these cannons! Be careful!” I hear Mantilla’s voice as they flew around tried to distract Irwen. “I’ll be alright! I haven’t even lost a body part today!” I told them as I continued to hear the cannons go off. I keep Truffle next to me as I run across all of the action, opening my multiple jaws and ready to cause some chaos. Rivulet continues to approach me and fires another cannon. [b]BANG! [/b] Another hit, this one in one of my wings, tearing it straight off. It was painful, to be sure, but I had it! Rivulet met me face to face, a sparkling hand holding a cannon, a slight air of darkness around xem. The pearlcatcher breathes heavily, and mutters some words. “She has left us… But we… W-we have no choice…” Rivulet quietly says. [b]BANG! [/b] Another shot. Whatever was in this cannon was stopping me from healing as fast, severing my connection between life and death. What were they putting in these things? [b]BANG![/b] It hit me in the head. I started to feel it crack, ice melting and body cracking apart as I’m unable to keep my draconic shape in one piece. Something was in this cannon. Something dark and something sinister. The pain was unbearable as I let out a screech, trying my best to fight the Gaians. Truffle transforms and barrels himself in a mass of spines. A cannon ball fires as Truffle sacrifices himself for me, his body turning into a pile of something unrecognizable. I screamed as loud as I could, “[u]ILKEERAKKKK[/u]!” A battle scry as I shed my skin. There was no more holding back. I dodge the next cannon fire, attacking with my teeth. I struggle to stand, however, and soon I feel it hit me. It was nice being alive.[/left] --------------------- [left]~@Reilybug~ Well, that’s the first time I lost somebody to a battle rather than a random event. It was nice knowing Torres and I was kind of hoping to breed with him Draphyre, but alas, it was not to be. I’ll be introducing some new dragons soon nevertheless, so it won’t be a problem, but it still breaks my heart. On the bright side, it’s Pirate Day and the Gaians’ numbers are getting lower. I'm not going to exalt Torres since he was both a gift and a triple-gened G1.[/left] ---------------------

Chapter 38 - Cannon Fodder
The die has been cast. The number that was rolled was 15. A fight has occurred and Equator, Eirlys, Torres, Ultraviolet, and Mantilla are involved.
86261029p.png86461826p.png86461827p.png88227851p.png Ceanothus Brawler
Equator, Eirlys, Torres, and Ultraviolet’s fates are in Lady Luck’s hands. The numbers that were rolled were 64, 80, 98, and 3. Equator has gained a Minor Injury. Eirlys has gained a Minor Injury, Torres has Died. Ultraviolet comes out unscathed.
Torres
“Do ya want cause cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!”
I gave a grin as I got Draphyre’s attention. Her emerald-colored eyes staring into my own eyes. Shining feathers adorned her body and her spotted wings hit the light in just right way. She knew that it was Pirate Day. Everyone did as ships cross by and doubloons were scattered. It’s the first time that I’ve been here for Pirate Day, and celebrations were in order! Unfortunately, it was hard to get pirate gear around these parts, so I just had to wear my normal clothing. I look around for the parrots that fly around. The aquatic oddities that I could have fun with! River flights plop their fat bodies as they bring up fish. It was certainly a strange day, to be sure, but I liked strange and decided that it would be a great time to have fun. Draphyre watches me give the wave of a hand.

“It looks like you enjoy pirates.” Draphyre remarked to me, giving the wave of her hand.
“I sure do! I can feel the yaaaaargh go through me!” I said to her, grinning.
“It is a good time to be a pirate. Sailing across the seven seas, grabbing things, laying around on a ship and yo-ho-ho-ing.” Draphyre mused to herself, “But frankly, I prefer being pampered here.”
“Oh! I can pamper you more! Pampering for the best coatl I know!” I giggled.
“Thank you. I have some relaxation to attend to.” Draphyre noted as she left, going elsewhere to some place where can she can place herself down and relax. I, meanwhile, ran around to find the others and join the pirate’s life with them. I soon see Equator, but their expression is one of concern.

“The Gaians came, and they’re not happy.” Equator said to me. It was then that the tundra whipped their head around to see a spotted mirror barging them over. Her claws sunk in, and her red eyes looked out of her mask. She held up a bony red claw and soon started to channel a sickly air of magic. She pins down Equator, and I know that I have to fight her.
85651032_350.png
“It’s really nice to have cannons from all the pirates. Especially when they can blow your heads off!” The mirror, Echinococcosis, giggled.
“Oh no you don’t! You can blow my head off, but not Equator’s!” I remarked, “They prefer to have their head on!”
“Is that a challenge? Heheheheh! Let’s play.” She says as she charges straight towards me. I soon realize that another is coming up from behind. I recognize xem as Echino’s mate, the vibrant pearlcatcher Rivulet. Rivulet narrows xyr forest-green eyes and brings up a miniature cannon
86667711_350.png
“W-we got the undertide pinned. We have to find… W-we have to find the nocturne now.” Rivulet murmurs to Echino. The pearlcatcher aims the cannon as a kind of energy gathers in it. I continue to try and protect Equator with all my might. The cannon fired, and I felt it hit my body. I nevertheless continued to stand my ground.

“They’re gathering all these cannons! Be careful!” I hear Mantilla’s voice as they flew around tried to distract Irwen.
“I’ll be alright! I haven’t even lost a body part today!” I told them as I continued to hear the cannons go off. I keep Truffle next to me as I run across all of the action, opening my multiple jaws and ready to cause some chaos. Rivulet continues to approach me and fires another cannon.

BANG!

Another hit, this one in one of my wings, tearing it straight off. It was painful, to be sure, but I had it! Rivulet met me face to face, a sparkling hand holding a cannon, a slight air of darkness around xem. The pearlcatcher breathes heavily, and mutters some words.
“She has left us… But we… W-we have no choice…” Rivulet quietly says.

BANG!

Another shot. Whatever was in this cannon was stopping me from healing as fast, severing my connection between life and death. What were they putting in these things?

BANG!

It hit me in the head. I started to feel it crack, ice melting and body cracking apart as I’m unable to keep my draconic shape in one piece. Something was in this cannon. Something dark and something sinister. The pain was unbearable as I let out a screech, trying my best to fight the Gaians. Truffle transforms and barrels himself in a mass of spines. A cannon ball fires as Truffle sacrifices himself for me, his body turning into a pile of something unrecognizable.

I screamed as loud as I could, “ILKEERAKKKK!” A battle scry as I shed my skin. There was no more holding back. I dodge the next cannon fire, attacking with my teeth. I struggle to stand, however, and soon I feel it hit me.

It was nice being alive.

~@Reilybug~
Well, that’s the first time I lost somebody to a battle rather than a random event. It was nice knowing Torres and I was kind of hoping to breed with him Draphyre, but alas, it was not to be. I’ll be introducing some new dragons soon nevertheless, so it won’t be a problem, but it still breaks my heart. On the bright side, it’s Pirate Day and the Gaians’ numbers are getting lower. I'm not going to exalt Torres since he was both a gift and a triple-gened G1.

QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14