Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ23] Mistral Meals - Closed
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75197799][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751978/75197799_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12281578][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/122816/12281578.png[/img][/url] @Jeevas Another day, another cooking competition, however today the Veilspun had a (non-baby) companion. Abyss had convinced Artist to leave Rayya with the capable clan baby sitter, Tevedan, and the other children. It’d been awhile since Artist had ventured outside the clan boundaries, the last time being before she took the little Abby under her wing. Artist stretched her wings out, almost knocking Abyss across the entire tent in the process. “Oh sorry! It’s been too long since I’ve had a chance to relax.. Who knew raising a child would be so much work!” she chuckled. “It’s okay, try not to worry about Rayya too much! We’re here to cook, enjoy ourselves and maybe we can even find a few gifts to bring back of her after we’re done here,” Abyss assured her. Despite Abyss’ promise of relaxation, the tension in the room immediate rose when a hot headed Nocturne pointed her knives in their direction. Artist immediately puffed up, agitated and defensive. “Humph, some people here are so rude. No manners at all.” She huffs, pulling Abyss away to the workstation assigned to them. “I can’t believe them! This is a friendly competition! How dare they threaten us. I could take them on! They’re all bark and no bite, I bet they haven’t ever seen battle.” Artist shoots a nasty look in their direction. Artist had always been a very chill dragon, but motherhood had definitely made her a bit more protective. Abyss laughs nervously, “I’m sure she’s just kidding around, it’ll be best for us to focus on the cooking. Maybe we can beat them? Then they won’t be pointing their knives at us anymore.” Artist sighs, nodding. She grabs a handful of each of the ingredients and brings them back to the work station. Artist takes the [b]Carnival Angelfish[/b] and starts by filleting it, then cutting it up into pieces before searing it in a pan. Once it’s seared, to the same pan, she adds in the [b]Nogglebane Leaf Beetle[/b], cooking it until its crisp. While Artist was frying everything, Abyss had the tedious and painstaking task of cutting up the [b]Heartred Croaker Legs[/b] into fine, noodle-like strips. After that, into a pot to boil. Once cooked, she strained them into some ice cold water before draining it all. She plated them and Artist layed the seared fish and the crunchy beetles on top. Last but not least, They sprinkled some [b]Coneflower Cotton Candy[/b] on top, letting it melt onto the hot food.
75197799_350.png
12281578.png

@Jeevas

Another day, another cooking competition, however today the Veilspun had a (non-baby) companion. Abyss had convinced Artist to leave Rayya with the capable clan baby sitter, Tevedan, and the other children. It’d been awhile since Artist had ventured outside the clan boundaries, the last time being before she took the little Abby under her wing.

Artist stretched her wings out, almost knocking Abyss across the entire tent in the process.

“Oh sorry! It’s been too long since I’ve had a chance to relax.. Who knew raising a child would be so much work!” she chuckled.

“It’s okay, try not to worry about Rayya too much! We’re here to cook, enjoy ourselves and maybe we can even find a few gifts to bring back of her after we’re done here,” Abyss assured her.

Despite Abyss’ promise of relaxation, the tension in the room immediate rose when a hot headed Nocturne pointed her knives in their direction.

Artist immediately puffed up, agitated and defensive. “Humph, some people here are so rude. No manners at all.” She huffs, pulling Abyss away to the workstation assigned to them. “I can’t believe them! This is a friendly competition! How dare they threaten us. I could take them on! They’re all bark and no bite, I bet they haven’t ever seen battle.” Artist shoots a nasty look in their direction.

Artist had always been a very chill dragon, but motherhood had definitely made her a bit more protective. Abyss laughs nervously, “I’m sure she’s just kidding around, it’ll be best for us to focus on the cooking. Maybe we can beat them? Then they won’t be pointing their knives at us anymore.”

Artist sighs, nodding. She grabs a handful of each of the ingredients and brings them back to the work station.

Artist takes the Carnival Angelfish and starts by filleting it, then cutting it up into pieces before searing it in a pan. Once it’s seared, to the same pan, she adds in the Nogglebane Leaf Beetle, cooking it until its crisp.

While Artist was frying everything, Abyss had the tedious and painstaking task of cutting up the Heartred Croaker Legs into fine, noodle-like strips. After that, into a pot to boil. Once cooked, she strained them into some ice cold water before draining it all.

She plated them and Artist layed the seared fish and the crunchy beetles on top. Last but not least, They sprinkled some Coneflower Cotton Candy on top, letting it melt onto the hot food.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
Daily Update Pinglist @ArithMedic @ReginaChaos @Kvon @MystaRias @tigressRising @Kothra @Doozie @Storygeek @PsydrateSky @JinxMoonstone @Hassaleh @cmf25 @Jeevas @UmbraGlide @Beatoriche @TrixnTreats @beargirl1393 @Acetheaxolotl @L1br4 @BoatBud @windymountaintop @Dessy

Daily Entry 6 will remain up until 20:00 FRT today (4/1)

Daily Entry 7 has now been posted, and will remain up until 11:45 FRT tomorrow (4/2)

Raffle announcements will be held once I finish logging on daily entries, likely either later on Sunday or Monday evening. If you wish to be notified of raffle winners even if you didn't win anything, please make sure you're on the Raffle section of the pinglist!

Final Round Contestants @Deladria @Dessy @L1BR4 @Jeevas @ArithMedic @sinstarinablak @AloVra

If you've already posted your final entry you can disregard this ping. For those of who who still need to do so, you now have until 11:45 FRT tomorrow (another 24 hours from the time of this post) to get those in. Final results will be announced not too long after, once I've had a chance to run the final RNG results.

Thank you all for bearing with me as I got everything reconfigured in a way that's hopefully fair to everyone!
Daily Update Pinglist @ArithMedic @ReginaChaos @Kvon @MystaRias @tigressRising @Kothra @Doozie @Storygeek @PsydrateSky @JinxMoonstone @Hassaleh @cmf25 @Jeevas @UmbraGlide @Beatoriche @TrixnTreats @beargirl1393 @Acetheaxolotl @L1br4 @BoatBud @windymountaintop @Dessy

Daily Entry 6 will remain up until 20:00 FRT today (4/1)

Daily Entry 7 has now been posted, and will remain up until 11:45 FRT tomorrow (4/2)

Raffle announcements will be held once I finish logging on daily entries, likely either later on Sunday or Monday evening. If you wish to be notified of raffle winners even if you didn't win anything, please make sure you're on the Raffle section of the pinglist!

Final Round Contestants @Deladria @Dessy @L1BR4 @Jeevas @ArithMedic @sinstarinablak @AloVra

If you've already posted your final entry you can disregard this ping. For those of who who still need to do so, you now have until 11:45 FRT tomorrow (another 24 hours from the time of this post) to get those in. Final results will be announced not too long after, once I've had a chance to run the final RNG results.

Thank you all for bearing with me as I got everything reconfigured in a way that's hopefully fair to everyone!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/457726/45772591.png[/img][/url][/center] Sometime during your cooking endeavors, you look up to see a paper airplane float by you and onto your table. Curious, you open it and find a scribbled note within. [quote= Awkwardly written letter]"Sorry for my partner, she's competitive and a little high-strung from all the pressure. I'm sure your dish will be great and I wish your team all the best!"[/quote] It has no signature except for a simple but stylish lotus flower scribbled in what looks like some sort of sauce at the bottom of the page. If you look up in the direction from which the note came, you'll notice a brightly colored tundra giving an awkward smile and waving in your direction, before a shout from the nocturne you encountered turns his attention back to the task at hand. [s]Am I forming a crush on my OC? I might be forming a crush on my OC...[/s] @L1BR4
45772591.png

Sometime during your cooking endeavors, you look up to see a paper airplane float by you and onto your table. Curious, you open it and find a scribbled note within.
Awkwardly written letter wrote:
"Sorry for my partner, she's competitive and a little high-strung from all the pressure. I'm sure your dish will be great and I wish your team all the best!"

It has no signature except for a simple but stylish lotus flower scribbled in what looks like some sort of sauce at the bottom of the page. If you look up in the direction from which the note came, you'll notice a brightly colored tundra giving an awkward smile and waving in your direction, before a shout from the nocturne you encountered turns his attention back to the task at hand.

Am I forming a crush on my OC? I might be forming a crush on my OC...

@L1BR4
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
[quote=Day 7 Activity]A geneology booth might be a bit of a stretch for a festival event, but I have been to some Ren Faire's that will do up family crests if you know yours, so I argue it's still in the realm of possibility! So time to do some research on your own dragons and I want you to tell me a fun fact about one of their relatives. It can be a detail about one of their parents or kids who still live in your clan, or you can have fun with it and try tracking back or forward to see how far their bloodline extends! Is your dragon a G1 with no kids? No problem! You can make the fun fact be about their adoptive family or how they came to your clan under ~mysterious circumstances~[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/467723/46772243_350.png[/img][/url][/center] After confirming that their entry would be preserved and protected in their absence by the Mistral Meals staff, Jwaila goes to shake off her nerves by exploring the festival grounds herself (with Diego following behind, making sure she remembers to return in time for the judgement panel). They eventually find the geneology booth, with some cultural information on the family structure of harpies. This unexpectedly elicits an outburst from Jwaila. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] "You know, I had a couple of kids before joining the clan. I was young and adventurous and decided to run off with some coatl from the Southern Icefield. THE SOUTHERN ICEFIELD, I know, but, like he was a coatl, so I figured he must have some fire in his soul somewhere. I tried to rase our daughters with the good gospel of the Flamecaller but my mate wasn't having it. Now one of them went off to serve the Popsicle King of all gods, and the other one is in the Ashfall Wastes but refuses to talk to me and-" [/columns] Her fiery tirade is interrupted by a harpy attendant who stuffed her mouth with a handful of gravel, getting a muffled laugh from Diego, and much louder laughter from the crowd at the booth. Spitting out the gravel, Jwaila gave a snarl as if she was about to burn the whole establishment down, but turned at the last second and flew off. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/457726/45772591_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It was strange that there were piles of gravel showing up around the festival. Diego noticed them as they left the Mistral Meals tent and asked around, but it wasn't the harpies nor the wind dragons who imported them. Then Diego remembered what day it was and made the connection. Marva. There were also strange objects carried about by the fest goers. Portraits of pitch black void or white nothingness. From his experiences with Marva's past visits, things never stay as they first appear, but it was unsettling nonetheless. It left him with a strange empty feeling, one that, as he gazed at the geneology tent, reminded him of his own family. Even if someone asked, there wasn't much to tell. The Gilded Trident clan took him in as his family's business was going under. His parents, along with many of his siblings, went off to serve The Arcanist, while the other siblings went off to serve other deities. While he changed his body to reflect his artistic heart, he never quite forgot where he came from, despite the pain it brought him in remembering. He was still standing at the booth as he pondered this, surrounded by the laughter of the attendants. With a sign and a grimace, he flew after Jwaila.
Day 7 Activity wrote:
A geneology booth might be a bit of a stretch for a festival event, but I have been to some Ren Faire's that will do up family crests if you know yours, so I argue it's still in the realm of possibility!

So time to do some research on your own dragons and I want you to tell me a fun fact about one of their relatives. It can be a detail about one of their parents or kids who still live in your clan, or you can have fun with it and try tracking back or forward to see how far their bloodline extends!

Is your dragon a G1 with no kids? No problem! You can make the fun fact be about their adoptive family or how they came to your clan under ~mysterious circumstances~
46772243_350.png

After confirming that their entry would be preserved and protected in their absence by the Mistral Meals staff, Jwaila goes to shake off her nerves by exploring the festival grounds herself (with Diego following behind, making sure she remembers to return in time for the judgement panel). They eventually find the geneology booth, with some cultural information on the family structure of harpies. This unexpectedly elicits an outburst from Jwaila.

46772243p.png _____ "You know, I had a couple of kids before joining the clan. I was young and adventurous and decided to run off with some coatl from the Southern Icefield. THE SOUTHERN ICEFIELD, I know, but, like he was a coatl, so I figured he must have some fire in his soul somewhere. I tried to rase our daughters with the good gospel of the Flamecaller but my mate wasn't having it. Now one of them went off to serve the Popsicle King of all gods, and the other one is in the Ashfall Wastes but refuses to talk to me and-"

Her fiery tirade is interrupted by a harpy attendant who stuffed her mouth with a handful of gravel, getting a muffled laugh from Diego, and much louder laughter from the crowd at the booth. Spitting out the gravel, Jwaila gave a snarl as if she was about to burn the whole establishment down, but turned at the last second and flew off.
45772591_350.png

It was strange that there were piles of gravel showing up around the festival. Diego noticed them as they left the Mistral Meals tent and asked around, but it wasn't the harpies nor the wind dragons who imported them. Then Diego remembered what day it was and made the connection. Marva.

There were also strange objects carried about by the fest goers. Portraits of pitch black void or white nothingness. From his experiences with Marva's past visits, things never stay as they first appear, but it was unsettling nonetheless. It left him with a strange empty feeling, one that, as he gazed at the geneology tent, reminded him of his own family. Even if someone asked, there wasn't much to tell. The Gilded Trident clan took him in as his family's business was going under. His parents, along with many of his siblings, went off to serve The Arcanist, while the other siblings went off to serve other deities. While he changed his body to reflect his artistic heart, he never quite forgot where he came from, despite the pain it brought him in remembering.

He was still standing at the booth as he pondered this, surrounded by the laughter of the attendants. With a sign and a grimace, he flew after Jwaila.
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
Day 7 [quote]time to do some research on your own dragons and I want you to tell me a fun fact about one of their relatives. It can be a detail about one of their parents or kids who still live in your clan, or you can have fun with it and try tracking back or forward to see how far their bloodline extends! Is your dragon a G1 with no kids? No problem! You can make the fun fact be about their adoptive family or how they came to your clan under ~mysterious circumstances~ As is Mistral Meals tradition, if you include a reference to this year's April Fools event in your response, you get two raffle tickets instead of one! (Please note this offer is ONLY for Day 7 entries; this will not impact Day 6 entries while it is still active).[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57668896][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/576689/57668896.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78135643][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/781357/78135643.png[/img][/url] Twizz tugged on Kada's apron, pulling him towards the geneology booth. Kada decided to humor her and follow her lead, though talking about family made him miss his mate. They had long ago left their birth clan together, and he had a lot of unhappy memories from that time. "Where did you come from Twizz?" Kada asked. Their clan picked up a lot of strays, and he didn't really question when hatchlings were running around that didn't look like any of his clanmates. She pointed to a Banescale couple wandering the grounds. They didn't seem to notice, so Kada guessed they weren't literally her parents. "You were raised by Banescales?" he asked. She nodded, and pointed again. "And your grandparents? And your great grandparents? And... Okay, I get the point." She didn't really take after them in his opinion. She tugged on his apron again, prompting him to approach the harpy booth and look at his family tree. The magic parchment conjured a wide variety of vibrantly colored Coatls. "All sorts of different colors compared to dull old me," he noted. He followed the line upwards, and was a bit surprised at where the line ended, a regal Imperial 12 generations above. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/179][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/2/179.png[/img][/url] He looked over at Twizz's tree, which was much more varied, though many were warm colored dragons in shades of red. She was younger, so he expected it to be longer. "Do you miss them?" When Coatl looked back at Twizz, she seemed to have something in her mouth. Had she picked something up from the cooking competition without Kada noticing? "Twizz, what do you have?" She sheepishly spit out a rock, and handed it to Kada. "Let's go back to the tent and get you something to eat, you probably shouldn't be putting gravel in your mouth."
Day 7
Quote:
time to do some research on your own dragons and I want you to tell me a fun fact about one of their relatives. It can be a detail about one of their parents or kids who still live in your clan, or you can have fun with it and try tracking back or forward to see how far their bloodline extends!

Is your dragon a G1 with no kids? No problem! You can make the fun fact be about their adoptive family or how they came to your clan under ~mysterious circumstances~

As is Mistral Meals tradition, if you include a reference to this year's April Fools event in your response, you get two raffle tickets instead of one!
(Please note this offer is ONLY for Day 7 entries; this will not impact Day 6 entries while it is still active).

57668896.png78135643.png

Twizz tugged on Kada's apron, pulling him towards the geneology booth. Kada decided to humor her and follow her lead, though talking about family made him miss his mate. They had long ago left their birth clan together, and he had a lot of unhappy memories from that time.

"Where did you come from Twizz?" Kada asked. Their clan picked up a lot of strays, and he didn't really question when hatchlings were running around that didn't look like any of his clanmates.

She pointed to a Banescale couple wandering the grounds. They didn't seem to notice, so Kada guessed they weren't literally her parents. "You were raised by Banescales?" he asked. She nodded, and pointed again. "And your grandparents? And your great grandparents? And... Okay, I get the point." She didn't really take after them in his opinion.

She tugged on his apron again, prompting him to approach the harpy booth and look at his family tree. The magic parchment conjured a wide variety of vibrantly colored Coatls. "All sorts of different colors compared to dull old me," he noted. He followed the line upwards, and was a bit surprised at where the line ended, a regal Imperial 12 generations above.

179.png

He looked over at Twizz's tree, which was much more varied, though many were warm colored dragons in shades of red. She was younger, so he expected it to be longer. "Do you miss them?"

When Coatl looked back at Twizz, she seemed to have something in her mouth. Had she picked something up from the cooking competition without Kada noticing? "Twizz, what do you have?"

She sheepishly spit out a rock, and handed it to Kada. "Let's go back to the tent and get you something to eat, you probably shouldn't be putting gravel in your mouth."
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
[center]Daily Activity: Friday [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76645321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=76645321&skin=0&apparel=11226,1706,35206,32987,12268&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] A rather upsetting bogsneak has commandeered one of the cooking stations. The prep table is a mess of brutalized cutting boards, overturned spice jars, and greasy mixing bowls. "Grill grill grill grill," he chants in a singsong voice. Waving a flipper around he happily pats at the vast variety of meats laid over the coals. "Who me? My name? Oh you can just call me Mr. Meat."
Daily Activity: Friday

dragon?did=76645321&skin=0&apparel=11226,1706,35206,32987,12268&xt=dressing.png

A rather upsetting bogsneak has commandeered one of the cooking stations. The prep table is a mess of brutalized cutting boards, overturned spice jars, and greasy mixing bowls.

"Grill grill grill grill," he chants in a singsong voice. Waving a flipper around he happily pats at the vast variety of meats laid over the coals. "Who me? My name? Oh you can just call me Mr. Meat."

tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngm2YbpzO.pngXx3ZGyj.png
[quote=Day 6] Much debated and highly divisive, Harpies take their cooking VERY seriously, and each one seems to have a different idea on the best way to prepare the meat they consume, assuming they even bother to cook it at all! So what style of cooking does your dragon vote for? If your dragon is a veggie or an insect eater don’t worry, you can still get a snack prepared by the volunteer chefs,, but you won’t get a voting token with the meal. This “research” is ~very~ scientific and they can’t have outside variables![/quote] Delta and Anaconda approached the cooking booth, drawn in by the smell of various meats cooking at once. Apparently, the harpies were having a sort of contest to decide what the best style of cooking was. Delta picked up a chunk of meat that had been seared and popped it into her mouth. When she was still chewing, her eyes widened and she poked Anaconda in the side with her claw. "You have to try this one!" she exclaimed. Anaconda tried the seared meat and gave a thumbs up. The two Wildclaws began to make their way down the line, trying each of the styles as they went. The meat was being cooked in every way imaginable: fried, roasted, grilled, boiled, the list went on and on. When they reached the end, they each picked up their token that would signify which style they thought was best. Anaconda promptly put hers in the jar labeled "Grilled" . Delta took longer to decide, but she eventually walked all the way back to where she started to cast her vote for seared. All of the other choices were delicious but nothing could beat that first bite!
Day 6 wrote:
Much debated and highly divisive, Harpies take their cooking VERY seriously, and each one seems to have a different idea on the best way to prepare the meat they consume, assuming they even bother to cook it at all!

So what style of cooking does your dragon vote for? If your dragon is a veggie or an insect eater don’t worry, you can still get a snack prepared by the volunteer chefs,, but you won’t get a voting token with the meal. This “research” is ~very~ scientific and they can’t have outside variables!

Delta and Anaconda approached the cooking booth, drawn in by the smell of various meats cooking at once. Apparently, the harpies were having a sort of contest to decide what the best style of cooking was. Delta picked up a chunk of meat that had been seared and popped it into her mouth. When she was still chewing, her eyes widened and she poked Anaconda in the side with her claw. "You have to try this one!" she exclaimed. Anaconda tried the seared meat and gave a thumbs up.

The two Wildclaws began to make their way down the line, trying each of the styles as they went. The meat was being cooked in every way imaginable: fried, roasted, grilled, boiled, the list went on and on. When they reached the end, they each picked up their token that would signify which style they thought was best. Anaconda promptly put hers in the jar labeled "Grilled" . Delta took longer to decide, but she eventually walked all the way back to where she started to cast her vote for seared. All of the other choices were delicious but nothing could beat that first bite!
image-11.pngPX2x8Tb.pngKf07YpS.png1V130eO.pngOBuVDiS.png
[center]Daily Activity: Saturday [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25074530][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/250746/25074530_350.png[/img][/url][/center] This is stinky. stinky has no true dragon name, and so neither do many of her children. Firstborn child of an [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24348450][i]eccentric[/i][/url] mother, she was reared in a swamp by wolves. To a wolf, stinky is a good descriptive name. Most of her children have fled to serve in the ranks of various deities, where it is assumed they received proper training and names, but stinky wouldn't know about that. She is currently being rehabilitated by some tree dragons who found her under a bush. It is unclear how such a feral old creature managed to have so many children. Probably best not to ask. Currently stinky is in the nearest pile of festive gravel, picking through for the roundest pebbles, polishing them on her hide and hissing at any potential competition. She's doing her best.
Daily Activity: Saturday

25074530_350.png

This is stinky. stinky has no true dragon name, and so neither do many of her children. Firstborn child of an eccentric mother, she was reared in a swamp by wolves. To a wolf, stinky is a good descriptive name.

Most of her children have fled to serve in the ranks of various deities, where it is assumed they received proper training and names, but stinky wouldn't know about that. She is currently being rehabilitated by some tree dragons who found her under a bush.

It is unclear how such a feral old creature managed to have so many children. Probably best not to ask.

Currently stinky is in the nearest pile of festive gravel, picking through for the roundest pebbles, polishing them on her hide and hissing at any potential competition. She's doing her best.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngm2YbpzO.pngXx3ZGyj.png
[center][b]Daily Activity: Day 6 Friday[/b][/center] "This is amazing. It's so delicious!" Reishi says to the Harpy who offered him a small plate of lightly seared steak. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75573821][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/755739/75573821_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote] Day 6 wrote: Much debated and highly divisive, Harpies take their cooking VERY seriously, and each one seems to have a different idea on the best way to prepare the meat they consume, assuming they even bother to cook it at all! So what style of cooking does your dragon vote for? If your dragon is a veggie or an insect eater don’t worry, you can still get a snack prepared by the volunteer chefs,, but you won’t get a voting token with the meal. This “research” is ~very~ scientific and they can’t have outside variables![/quote] Truth be told, Reishi has no taste buds. It was the main reason he suggested that Potato should be the Team Representative. He can still smell strong scents, so the smokiness plus the texture of cooked meats made it enjoyable for him to eat. He didn't mind raw meat dishes either. So long as it isn't greasy or unhealthy, Reishi loves it. He's currently eyeing the station in the back that's preparing a large portion of tartare. That should be their next stop. If Krese isn't interested, that means there'll be more for him! He'll probably cast a vote for the tartare then, it's the least he can do for all the amount of food. It's looking like grilled is the winner, which is well-deserved since the grilled food smells delish. Reishi would have had a great time sampling free food on his own, but the whole experience was even better with Krese by his side. He's so grateful that the Imperial is here. Mochi took an instant liking to Leslie and Krese (which unknowingly to them and Reishi, won the whole clan's approval). She loved climbing on Krese and snuggling into Leslie's sweater. Seeing that, Stroh had asked if they can look after Mochi so he can head to Harpy's Roost for just a bit. Apparently the Clan Leader has been trying, and failing, to convince a Roc to come home with them. Stroh's going to try and convince [i]them[/i] to go home. Reishi wished him good luck. Neither Mochi and Roseanne were interested in meat or fish, so the two stayed in one spot. Mochi was busy eating grilled plants while Roseanne kept an eye on her. Some of his clanmates were here too, not wanting to pass up free food, so Reishi knows Mochi will be safe. This allowed him and Krese to spend some quality time together. Walking and talking, just being in each other's company. Reishi has had a pleasant life, lived a lot of great days and this is definitely one of his favourites. ------------- @BoatBud - no problem at all, real life stuff should be first priority. Thank you so much for doing this! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Mochi likes Krese, and thus so do the rest of the clan. Roseanne is sloooowly liking him, lol. She doesn't hate him though. Yay! I wanted to dress Reishi up as the God of Entertainment look you came up with, but got no Viridescent atm :( I did buy an Indigo Harvest set. It kinda works? xD I'm going to be out for most of the day tomorrow, so I want to get Day 6 and Day 7 done asap. Gah! Going to be hard to talk about [i]grave[/i]l.
Daily Activity: Day 6 Friday
"This is amazing. It's so delicious!" Reishi says to the Harpy who offered him a small plate of lightly seared steak.
75573821_350.png
Quote:
Day 6 wrote:

Much debated and highly divisive, Harpies take their cooking VERY seriously, and each one seems to have a different idea on the best way to prepare the meat they consume, assuming they even bother to cook it at all!

So what style of cooking does your dragon vote for? If your dragon is a veggie or an insect eater don’t worry, you can still get a snack prepared by the volunteer chefs,, but you won’t get a voting token with the meal. This “research” is ~very~ scientific and they can’t have outside variables!

Truth be told, Reishi has no taste buds. It was the main reason he suggested that Potato should be the Team Representative. He can still smell strong scents, so the smokiness plus the texture of cooked meats made it enjoyable for him to eat.

He didn't mind raw meat dishes either. So long as it isn't greasy or unhealthy, Reishi loves it. He's currently eyeing the station in the back that's preparing a large portion of tartare. That should be their next stop. If Krese isn't interested, that means there'll be more for him! He'll probably cast a vote for the tartare then, it's the least he can do for all the amount of food. It's looking like grilled is the winner, which is well-deserved since the grilled food smells delish.

Reishi would have had a great time sampling free food on his own, but the whole experience was even better with Krese by his side. He's so grateful that the Imperial is here.

Mochi took an instant liking to Leslie and Krese (which unknowingly to them and Reishi, won the whole clan's approval). She loved climbing on Krese and snuggling into Leslie's sweater. Seeing that, Stroh had asked if they can look after Mochi so he can head to Harpy's Roost for just a bit. Apparently the Clan Leader has been trying, and failing, to convince a Roc to come home with them. Stroh's going to try and convince them to go home. Reishi wished him good luck.

Neither Mochi and Roseanne were interested in meat or fish, so the two stayed in one spot. Mochi was busy eating grilled plants while Roseanne kept an eye on her. Some of his clanmates were here too, not wanting to pass up free food, so Reishi knows Mochi will be safe.

This allowed him and Krese to spend some quality time together. Walking and talking, just being in each other's company. Reishi has had a pleasant life, lived a lot of great days and this is definitely one of his favourites.

@BoatBud - no problem at all, real life stuff should be first priority. Thank you so much for doing this! Mochi likes Krese, and thus so do the rest of the clan. Roseanne is sloooowly liking him, lol. She doesn't hate him though. Yay!

I wanted to dress Reishi up as the God of Entertainment look you came up with, but got no Viridescent atm :( I did buy an Indigo Harvest set. It kinda works? xD

I'm going to be out for most of the day tomorrow, so I want to get Day 6 and Day 7 done asap. Gah! Going to be hard to talk about gravel.
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
day 6

Angmar's two heads are arguing over a sweet-and-savoury ceviche vs a seared steak. Skidatel is engaged in a discussion about different flours in deep-frying after putting her token in for one of the fried meats with a dipping sauce. Yuch put his token on smoked and wants to know which woods were used.

Day 7

Team Doubles went to go check out the geneology booth, having been drawn in by the gravel garden outside (and the increasingly elaborate gravel shapes being made by harpy and dragon hatchlings with bags of gravel).

Skidatel's parents were in another clan and serving the Shadowbinder respectively, but she had some kids! Two of whom were even still in the clan.
Most were fae who had gone to serve various gods, but she's got a few Aberration relatives (from a fling with Angmar).

Angmar's mother had grown up hiding from the Plaguebringer and still lived in Plague territory, while his father apparently lived in Ice territory and had Coatl relatives serving the Icewarden.

Yuch's family was from all over.

day 6

Angmar's two heads are arguing over a sweet-and-savoury ceviche vs a seared steak. Skidatel is engaged in a discussion about different flours in deep-frying after putting her token in for one of the fried meats with a dipping sauce. Yuch put his token on smoked and wants to know which woods were used.

Day 7

Team Doubles went to go check out the geneology booth, having been drawn in by the gravel garden outside (and the increasingly elaborate gravel shapes being made by harpy and dragon hatchlings with bags of gravel).

Skidatel's parents were in another clan and serving the Shadowbinder respectively, but she had some kids! Two of whom were even still in the clan.
Most were fae who had gone to serve various gods, but she's got a few Aberration relatives (from a fling with Angmar).

Angmar's mother had grown up hiding from the Plaguebringer and still lived in Plague territory, while his father apparently lived in Ice territory and had Coatl relatives serving the Icewarden.

Yuch's family was from all over.