Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ22] Story Contest --Over--
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Phaethusa
ID Number: 569144
Category: 100 Word Challenge
Entry: The Call

Whew, I'm squeaking in pretty last minute here! A friend gave me the heads up about this a few days ago but I've been writing frantically after work when I can so all of the longer stuff I've been trying for other categories is still unfinished. I'll post it if I finish in time.

I hope I formatted everything correctly, but please let me know if anything needs to be changed!
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Phaethusa
ID Number: 569144
Entry: The Call

Whew, I'm squeaking in pretty last minute here! A friend gave me the heads up about this a few days ago but I've been writing frantically after work when I can so all of the longer stuff I've been trying for other categories is still unfinished. I'll post it if I finish in time.

I hope I formatted everything correctly, but please let me know if anything needs to be changed!
diKmpb5.jpg11-nature-charm.png
@AvengerofSquids Gotta say I love your username :) Your entries are good, glad to have them!

@Medievalredragon Your entry is good! Not over word count

@Phaethusa Your entry is good! Not over the word limit and the link works, there's no other required format :) There's... three hours and change left til the deadline, hope you can get more done!
@AvengerofSquids Gotta say I love your username :) Your entries are good, glad to have them!

@Medievalredragon Your entry is good! Not over word count

@Phaethusa Your entry is good! Not over the word limit and the link works, there's no other required format :) There's... three hours and change left til the deadline, hope you can get more done!
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Pocketdog
ID Number: 467595
Entry: Last Rites

@sockmonkeygerald
Category: Windy Words - Dance
Entry: Dancin' All Night

I have not written any long-form stuff in SO LONG. Writer's block totally pulled the rug out from under me, but hey, at least I got it finished! I count that as a success!
@sockmonkeygerald
Entry: Last Rites

@sockmonkeygerald
Entry: Dancin' All Night

I have not written any long-form stuff in SO LONG. Writer's block totally pulled the rug out from under me, but hey, at least I got it finished! I count that as a success!
Lupine||Xb6XvIZ.pngomhr10R.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.pngn29EMdP.png
food_bloody_snapdragon_by_dogi_crimson-dag65m2.gif
~~
Nature Worldbuilding/Lore
Writing/Lore Shop
???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please be gentle with me, I get stressed and anxious easily, and don't always pick up on meanings or social cues. I'm very detail-oriented & like to have all information possible before proceeding.
@Pocketdog Finishing something always counts as success! Your entries are good :)
@Pocketdog Finishing something always counts as success! Your entries are good :)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74428628][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/744287/74428628_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The jade obelisk clears her throat and taps for attention. "Good evening! There are just under [b]3 hours[/b] left for the contest, and I'm afraid I have to sleep. By the time I'm up to check in the last entries it will be too late to edit any mistakes that disqualify them! "Any new entrants for Windy Words please make sure each required word is included in your entry! "Any new entrants in 100 Words please make sure your entry isn't even one word over! Two words with an ellipsis or dash in between count as two words even if a machine reads them as one. "And any new entrants for any category please make sure the link works to allow others to read them! "Thank you all and I'll see you for judging!"
74428628_350.png
The jade obelisk clears her throat and taps for attention. "Good evening! There are just under 3 hours left for the contest, and I'm afraid I have to sleep. By the time I'm up to check in the last entries it will be too late to edit any mistakes that disqualify them!

"Any new entrants for Windy Words please make sure each required word is included in your entry!

"Any new entrants in 100 Words please make sure your entry isn't even one word over! Two words with an ellipsis or dash in between count as two words even if a machine reads them as one.

"And any new entrants for any category please make sure the link works to allow others to read them!

"Thank you all and I'll see you for judging!"
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Magmish
ID Number: 599134
Category: Windy Words
Theme: Dance: step, beat, rhythm, style, express, story
Entry: Come dance with me

Category: Freestyle
Entry: The Mist and the Jams

Phew, got it all done. Hopefully there's no issues!!

The Windy Words one was the first story I wrote, but I struggled with it hard.

The Freestyle was something I whipped up today! Wanted to write snippets or a 'documentary' of my MistJam experiences and the extra lore I have come up thanks to it. It ended up with the highest word count xD
@sockmonkeygerald
Category: Windy Words
Theme: Dance: step, beat, rhythm, style, express, story
Entry: Come dance with me

Entry: The Mist and the Jams

Phew, got it all done. Hopefully there's no issues!!

The Windy Words one was the first story I wrote, but I struggled with it hard.

The Freestyle was something I whipped up today! Wanted to write snippets or a 'documentary' of my MistJam experiences and the extra lore I have come up thanks to it. It ended up with the highest word count xD
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35810832][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/358109/35810832_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote][font=optima] “This is the only story I’ve written that actually felt…[i]alive.[/i]” Mountebank fiddles with his collar, straightening something that doesn’t need adjusting. “I do apologize for my disappearance towards the middle there. I needed some rest.” The lie comes easily enough, and he avoids drawing attention to something that he wants to keep hidden. He has not the slightest idea what you saw, what [i]I[/i] showed you, and yet he assumes that he is being sneaky here. He’s not. “Anyways, this is my final story. It’s in the form of a journal and to be honest with you,” he again fidgets with things already perfect, “I have no idea what it is.” [item=owlcat journal] [i](Journal get!)[/i] “I do hope you have enjoyed our time together, although it was much more brief than I wanted.” And with a flick of his tail, he is gone. ——— @sockmonkeygerald [b]Author:[/b] TheCount [b]ID Number:[/b] #339861 [b]Category:[/b] Windy Words - Dance [b]Entry:[/b] [url= https://docs.google.com/document/d/111X-7i6OS8FkBvOyJ7LZM8uowIRjW7Vjnpw-d9vTem8/edit]The Eternal Dance of the Black Siren[/url][/quote] A/N: GOOD GODS THAT WAS A LOT OF WRITING AND EDITING. And that’s especially true for this last one here, which was one of the stories I had to rewrite from ground zero, because the original structure was…[i]a problem[/i] to say the least. [s]And a pain in the butt, to say more.[/s] I also struggled to get this one off the ground since I thought I needed to use [i]all the words[/i] and not just one set. “Where am I going to use all these words,” I ask myself at 2am when I should be asleep, “How do make story?” All in all, this was a lot of fun! Thank you for hosting and I can’t wait to read all the wonderful entries!
35810832_350.png
Quote:

“This is the only story I’ve written that actually felt…alive.

Mountebank fiddles with his collar, straightening something that doesn’t need adjusting. “I do apologize for my disappearance towards the middle there. I needed some rest.” The lie comes easily enough, and he avoids drawing attention to something that he wants to keep hidden. He has not the slightest idea what you saw, what I showed you, and yet he assumes that he is being sneaky here. He’s not.

“Anyways, this is my final story. It’s in the form of a journal and to be honest with you,” he again fidgets with things already perfect, “I have no idea what it is.”

Owlcat Journal
(Journal get!)

“I do hope you have enjoyed our time together, although it was much more brief than I wanted.”

And with a flick of his tail, he is gone.
———

@sockmonkeygerald
Author: TheCount
ID Number: #339861
Entry: The Eternal Dance of the Black Siren

A/N: GOOD GODS THAT WAS A LOT OF WRITING AND EDITING. And that’s especially true for this last one here, which was one of the stories I had to rewrite from ground zero, because the original structure was…a problem to say the least. And a pain in the butt, to say more.

I also struggled to get this one off the ground since I thought I needed to use all the words and not just one set. “Where am I going to use all these words,” I ask myself at 2am when I should be asleep, “How do make story?”

All in all, this was a lot of fun! Thank you for hosting and I can’t wait to read all the wonderful entries!
daom3l7-a0e9d769-2c15-438e-b477-777b75bab85b.gif
[columns] [item=Puzzling Runic Textscroll] [nextcol] [size=4]Beneath a Windsinger shrine near a great oak tree, you find a neatly wrapped scroll. Opening it, you struggle to read the ancient language in the scroll, but as if by some strange magic, it somehow becomes understandable to you. Yet after reading each line, the previous line becomes indecipherable. There is no author in the tale. [/size] [/columns] [quote]@sockmonkeygerald [b]Author:[/b] Dessy [b]ID Number:[/b] 17691 [b]Category:[/b] Objects of Power [b]Entry:[/b] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IXu9eKxSBjR5BQy-JDwxyJevIUV0daZdyt-IybH2UGw/edit?usp=sharing]The Great Oak Tree[/url] --------- [b]Characters[/b] [LIST] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61881142?view=scenic][b]Tanizaki[/b][/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/19417962][b]"Nocturne"[/b][/url] [/LIST][/quote]
Puzzling Runic Textscroll Beneath a Windsinger shrine near a great oak tree, you find a neatly wrapped scroll.

Opening it, you struggle to read the ancient language in the scroll, but as if by some strange magic, it somehow becomes understandable to you. Yet after reading each line, the previous line becomes indecipherable.

There is no author in the tale.
Quote:
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Dessy
ID Number: 17691
Category: Objects of Power
Entry: The Great Oak Tree

Characters
Kunikuzushi
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: late711
ID Number: 387231
Category: The Faces You Hide (The Faces You Show)
Entry: The Fortune Teller

I'm sorry for such a late entry, I just really wanted to get something in, despite the rough week I've had! I'd also love to be added to the pinglist!
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: late711
ID Number: 387231
Category: The Faces You Hide (The Faces You Show)
Entry: The Fortune Teller

I'm sorry for such a late entry, I just really wanted to get something in, despite the rough week I've had! I'd also love to be added to the pinglist!
Sy4AUMs.png R9hICic.png
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Blacknovelist
ID Number: 159627
Entry: disappoint

LIMBOS FRANTICALLY UNDER THE DEADLINE— YES OKAY BAM THIS
I was itching for some fic with some oc's of mine and a few friends, so why not multitask a little? :P
@sockmonkeygerald
Author: Blacknovelist
ID Number: 159627
Entry: disappoint

LIMBOS FRANTICALLY UNDER THE DEADLINE— YES OKAY BAM THIS
I was itching for some fic with some oc's of mine and a few friends, so why not multitask a little? :P
maZIx4r.pngaC2MxeX.pngqbN1OYl.pngACOZFAh.pngcIEO3vJ.png WL
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16