Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [kingdomlocke] the fact it rains
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Amubun narrows eyes at RNG
@Amubun narrows eyes at RNG
[center][size=6][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]day ten[/b][/size][/font] [i] turns out not every dog has his day so sad, so suddenly gone away [/i] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=unhatched light egg][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for hatchlings. [/font][/size] Arcadia - 1 (SCREAMS) [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] [columns][item=spectral scales][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge. [/font][/size] 7 - Quest Time! Menoetius is now level 2. Olm is now level 2. Return rolls: Menoetius - 1 (SCREAMS LOUDER) Olm - 4 [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] The way Penny mourns is familiar to Hammerhead; it reminds him of himself. She falls eerily quiet, eyes fixed in a far-off gaze. But still, albeit silently, she gets her jobs done. They didn't know Arcadia was sick. The spiral had the hugest eyes, glassy with youth. They reminded Hammerhead of pieces of gold, the way they shone in the sun. She didn't speak much, but she grew more and more excited about Hammerhead's promise to take her hunting on the fifth day - a day that would never come. So now, as he stands beside Penny, Penny who said to him slowly and gently "I would like to bury her myself,", Penny who buries the tiny body beside the others near the river, he feels as though a piece of him departs with Arcadia, a promise that he couldn't fulfill. And so when Olm returns alone from the hunt, Hammerhead loses himself again. Hammerhead catches a glimpse of Olm's dark eyes before he covers his face with his talons. "Menoetius is dead," he says. "There were too many Serthis, and I couldn't save him." When Olm returns alone, Menoetius is dead. Hammerhead's pride, the eager young imperial who he trained up from a scrawny, underfed kid to a menace on the prairie, is dead, and no amount of training can bring him back from that. His throat feels tight, and his head is swimming with thoughts of [i]If only I was there.[/i] Penny seems to sense this. She rests her head against his neck, sitting down beside him, though the winds whip cold around them. "Though you wish to bury him alone, he is one of my kin. I hope you can understand that," she whispers. He nods. There's nobody he'd rather be with than her right now, anyways. The ground grows harder to break up each day, and Hammerhead's claws are sore from the frozen earth. He glances up at the row of disturbed dirt, thinks about how many Penny has had to tend to alone, and humbles himself. He likes to think that, somehow, Menoetius is looking upon them, and Hammerhead knows he still wants to be someone Menoetius can look up to. The kid deserves a mentor. @naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls
day ten

turns out not every dog has his day
so sad, so suddenly gone away

bNl3T2B.png
Unhatched Light Egg Roll for hatchlings.

Arcadia - 1 (SCREAMS)
bNl3T2B.png
Spectral Scales Roll for a challenge.

7 - Quest Time!

Menoetius is now level 2.
Olm is now level 2.

Return rolls: Menoetius - 1 (SCREAMS LOUDER)
Olm - 4

bNl3T2B.png

The way Penny mourns is familiar to Hammerhead; it reminds him of himself. She falls eerily quiet, eyes fixed in a far-off gaze. But still, albeit silently, she gets her jobs done.

They didn't know Arcadia was sick. The spiral had the hugest eyes, glassy with youth. They reminded Hammerhead of pieces of gold, the way they shone in the sun. She didn't speak much, but she grew more and more excited about Hammerhead's promise to take her hunting on the fifth day - a day that would never come.

So now, as he stands beside Penny, Penny who said to him slowly and gently "I would like to bury her myself,", Penny who buries the tiny body beside the others near the river, he feels as though a piece of him departs with Arcadia, a promise that he couldn't fulfill.

And so when Olm returns alone from the hunt, Hammerhead loses himself again. Hammerhead catches a glimpse of Olm's dark eyes before he covers his face with his talons. "Menoetius is dead," he says. "There were too many Serthis, and I couldn't save him."

When Olm returns alone, Menoetius is dead. Hammerhead's pride, the eager young imperial who he trained up from a scrawny, underfed kid to a menace on the prairie, is dead, and no amount of training can bring him back from that. His throat feels tight, and his head is swimming with thoughts of If only I was there.

Penny seems to sense this. She rests her head against his neck, sitting down beside him, though the winds whip cold around them. "Though you wish to bury him alone, he is one of my kin. I hope you can understand that," she whispers. He nods. There's nobody he'd rather be with than her right now, anyways.

The ground grows harder to break up each day, and Hammerhead's claws are sore from the frozen earth. He glances up at the row of disturbed dirt, thinks about how many Penny has had to tend to alone, and humbles himself. He likes to think that, somehow, Menoetius is looking upon them, and Hammerhead knows he still wants to be someone Menoetius can look up to. The kid deserves a mentor.

@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls
bruh i knew my luck was too good to be true [img]https://c.tenor.com/HFTGp2mOONcAAAAM/cry-crying.gif[/img]
bruh i knew my luck was too good to be true

cry-crying.gif
HURGH like an arrow right to the heart! Those little newbies never had a chance ;n;
HURGH like an arrow right to the heart! Those little newbies never had a chance ;n;
[center][size=6][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]day eleven[/b][/size][/font] [i] Bring it on, ring the alarm Don't stop now, just be the champion Work it hard, like it's your profession [/i] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=raptorik ringmaster][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. [/font][/size] 8 - Imperial! [/columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75114178][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751142/75114178_350.png[/img][/url] Devon was hungry. Not in, like, that horrifically primal way one might imagine a dragon to hunger, but in a simple, satiable way that could be remedied by a warm meal and a nap. But one has to fight for such luxuries in the valley, and Devon was not the fighting type. She wasn't sure how she ended up here, anyways. Friends don't drop friends in the middle of the badlands after a night full of wines and whiskeys and bad bets. Especially not dragons like Devon. She hated the sensation of mud in her talons - reared by a family of aristocrats, now she was nothing but rags. Not that her family would welcome her back, anyways. Maybe this was a new start. Maybe her family had told her friends to dump her here, to shape her up. She loathed the lot of them. She'd show them. She'd become the heiress to a fantastic fortune out here, make something from this stupid dirt and grass and oH MY ELEVEN IT'S A SHELTER- Devon trotted as fast as her legs would carry her (while still looking good) down the hill towards the shelter, and saw not one, but two buildings, buzzing with dragons. Her eyes lit up. As she approached, the dragons grew still, and all stopped to watch her as she made her way towards them. [i]Keep it cool,[/i] Devon thought to herself. [i]You're a star.[/i] "Excuse me," she began, with a voice as smooth as silk. "My name is Baroness Devon DeMalley, and I am hopelessly lost. I would like to speak to whoever is in charge of your fine establishment, in hopes of-" "That would be me." An imperial, nearly twice Devon's size, stepped forward. At first she seemed to blend in with the rest of the dragons, but now that Devon had noticed her, she was all she could look at - the imperial commanded attention. She was rugged, no doubt, but her hair fell in all the right ways and her eyes seemed to sparkle with ambition. Now [i]this[/i] was an imperial in charge. She tilted her head, and her mane cascaded down, almost to her feet. "You said you're lost?" "I-I um, actually don't know if I have a home to go back to anymore, if I'm being honest," Devon laughed nervously, running her talons through her mane. It felt shorter than usual. "I do good work, I could be of some help around here if you need it, or something..." The bigger imperial said nothing, but turned away with a gesture that said [i]follow me[/i]. Devon trotted eagerly beside her. "So, uh...what's your name?" "Penny," responded the queen. "Can you cook, Devon?" Her name fell out of Penny's mouth like velvet. Penny was a superstar. Devon couldn't cook, but she nodded anyways. "Good. If you wouldn't mind, we have a few birds we need cleaned." A foul-smelling sack was dropped at her feet. Making it big was going to be harder than she thought. @naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls Some light-hearted lore for today! Meet Devon :] hope yall like her! I sure do.
day eleven

Bring it on, ring the alarm
Don't stop now, just be the champion
Work it hard, like it's your profession

bNl3T2B.png
Raptorik Ringmaster Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed.

8 - Imperial!
75114178_350.png

Devon was hungry.

Not in, like, that horrifically primal way one might imagine a dragon to hunger, but in a simple, satiable way that could be remedied by a warm meal and a nap.

But one has to fight for such luxuries in the valley, and Devon was not the fighting type. She wasn't sure how she ended up here, anyways. Friends don't drop friends in the middle of the badlands after a night full of wines and whiskeys and bad bets. Especially not dragons like Devon. She hated the sensation of mud in her talons - reared by a family of aristocrats, now she was nothing but rags. Not that her family would welcome her back, anyways.

Maybe this was a new start. Maybe her family had told her friends to dump her here, to shape her up. She loathed the lot of them. She'd show them. She'd become the heiress to a fantastic fortune out here, make something from this stupid dirt and grass and oH MY ELEVEN IT'S A SHELTER-

Devon trotted as fast as her legs would carry her (while still looking good) down the hill towards the shelter, and saw not one, but two buildings, buzzing with dragons. Her eyes lit up.

As she approached, the dragons grew still, and all stopped to watch her as she made her way towards them. Keep it cool, Devon thought to herself. You're a star.

"Excuse me," she began, with a voice as smooth as silk. "My name is Baroness Devon DeMalley, and I am hopelessly lost. I would like to speak to whoever is in charge of your fine establishment, in hopes of-"

"That would be me."

An imperial, nearly twice Devon's size, stepped forward. At first she seemed to blend in with the rest of the dragons, but now that Devon had noticed her, she was all she could look at - the imperial commanded attention. She was rugged, no doubt, but her hair fell in all the right ways and her eyes seemed to sparkle with ambition. Now this was an imperial in charge. She tilted her head, and her mane cascaded down, almost to her feet. "You said you're lost?"

"I-I um, actually don't know if I have a home to go back to anymore, if I'm being honest," Devon laughed nervously, running her talons through her mane. It felt shorter than usual. "I do good work, I could be of some help around here if you need it, or something..."

The bigger imperial said nothing, but turned away with a gesture that said follow me. Devon trotted eagerly beside her. "So, uh...what's your name?"

"Penny," responded the queen. "Can you cook, Devon?"

Her name fell out of Penny's mouth like velvet. Penny was a superstar. Devon couldn't cook, but she nodded anyways.

"Good. If you wouldn't mind, we have a few birds we need cleaned." A foul-smelling sack was dropped at her feet.

Making it big was going to be harder than she thought.

Some light-hearted lore for today! Meet Devon :] hope yall like her! I sure do.
[columns][item=smoky quartz][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/font][/size] 11 - HAMMERHEAD QUITS New job roll - sailor [/columns] I'm uh..not gonna write lore for this since in my lore the jobs they roll aren't their actual jobs, especially not this early on, but yah yeet he's a sailor now I guess [columns][item=dwarf shelf fungus][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]10-20 matches.[/font][/size] With Olm, Dakota, and Aravi [/columns] Dakota is now level 2. Aravi is now level 2.
Smoky Quartz Roll for a challenge.

11 - HAMMERHEAD QUITS

New job roll - sailor

I'm uh..not gonna write lore for this since in my lore the jobs they roll aren't their actual jobs, especially not this early on, but yah yeet he's a sailor now I guess

Dwarf Shelf Fungus 10-20 matches.

With Olm, Dakota, and Aravi

Dakota is now level 2.

Aravi is now level 2.
[center][size=6][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]day twelve[/b][/size][/font] [i] in my castle im the king [/i] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=coppercoil segment][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge. [/font][/size] 3 - Hunting trip! [/columns] Behold.... a [item=leafy moth] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=flamescale spearman][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. [/font][/size] 2 - Guardian [/columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75137130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751372/75137130_350.png[/img][/url] The dragons were many in the valley, and it was beginning to feel like civilization. Well, the civilized in the absence of civilization, though we cannot forget Maximo. It is one divine duty of the civilized to know and be known to each other, and yet the dragons who meandered the camp, bowing their heads to Penny and following Hammerhead like sick puppies, did not seem to know each other at all. Rahele was some sort of wandering spirit. No sooner did she arrive on three legs than did she begin to bring dragons together, to know each other and be known. Perhaps it was her vulnerability - Rahele had no qualms about sharing her story with inquiring minds, a daring tale of a caravan of covered wagons on a chase from the East. Olm found her quite admirable. To open your heart to a stranger is an act of the foolish and the brave, and yet Rahele came screaming in with energy and candor enough to make any dragon dizzy. "To know and be known is a gift," she said her first night around the fire - her suggestion, as a means to share a meal together. "It is the means by which we learn how to love." To suggest such abstracts exist in the valley was, before this moment, nothing but absurdist diction, and yet Rahele made it seem real. She was young, too young to have such stories under her belt, and yet, as she gestured to the sky full of many stars with just one arm, she seemed to hold the secrets of the universe. Welcome, [b]Rahele[/b]! ----- Gonna be posting yesterday and today on the same day, so keep a lookout for today's post soon. Writing lore was just not feasible for yesterday, and I'm glad I waited - I think Rahele's introduction turned out good. I'm getting more comfortable with my style. @naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls
day twelve

in my castle im the king

bNl3T2B.png
Coppercoil Segment Roll for a challenge.

3 - Hunting trip!

Behold.... a Leafy Moth
bNl3T2B.png
Flamescale Spearman Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed.

2 - Guardian

75137130_350.png

The dragons were many in the valley, and it was beginning to feel like civilization. Well, the civilized in the absence of civilization, though we cannot forget Maximo.

It is one divine duty of the civilized to know and be known to each other, and yet the dragons who meandered the camp, bowing their heads to Penny and following Hammerhead like sick puppies, did not seem to know each other at all.

Rahele was some sort of wandering spirit. No sooner did she arrive on three legs than did she begin to bring dragons together, to know each other and be known. Perhaps it was her vulnerability - Rahele had no qualms about sharing her story with inquiring minds, a daring tale of a caravan of covered wagons on a chase from the East. Olm found her quite admirable.

To open your heart to a stranger is an act of the foolish and the brave, and yet Rahele came screaming in with energy and candor enough to make any dragon dizzy.

"To know and be known is a gift," she said her first night around the fire - her suggestion, as a means to share a meal together. "It is the means by which we learn how to love."

To suggest such abstracts exist in the valley was, before this moment, nothing but absurdist diction, and yet Rahele made it seem real. She was young, too young to have such stories under her belt, and yet, as she gestured to the sky full of many stars with just one arm, she seemed to hold the secrets of the universe.

Welcome, Rahele!

Gonna be posting yesterday and today on the same day, so keep a lookout for today's post soon. Writing lore was just not feasible for yesterday, and I'm glad I waited - I think Rahele's introduction turned out good. I'm getting more comfortable with my style.

Oh what a wonderful intro piece for a new dragon! Really looking forward to seeing where this develops [emoji=skydancer happy size=1]
Oh what a wonderful intro piece for a new dragon! Really looking forward to seeing where this develops
Wow, you've written some amazing lore over the course of this challenge! Could I be added to the pinglist? I'd love to see where this kingdomlocke goes next :D
Wow, you've written some amazing lore over the course of this challenge! Could I be added to the pinglist? I'd love to see where this kingdomlocke goes next :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][size=6][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]day thirteen[/b][/size][/font] [i] We'll lay here for years or for hours, your hand in my hand, so still and discreet. [/i] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=shimmering cloth][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge. [/font][/size] 2 - death bond [/columns] You may expect Penny and Hammerhead, but I have my lore reasons for not choosing those two. Instead, it's [b]Altimir and Draled! [/b] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=bluefin charger fin][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge. [/font][/size] 6 - quest time extra dragon roll - 3 [/columns] Dakota and Olm go on a quest. Dakota is now level 4. Olm is now level 4. Return rolls: Dakota - 6 Olm - 5 [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] [columns][item=fever fly][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]20-30 battles. [/font][/size] with Olm, Devon, and Rahele Extra dragon roll - 7 [/columns] Olm is now level 5. Devon is now level 5. Rahele is now level 5. Olm rolled [b]DOCTOR[/b] YES Devon rolled [b]librarian[/b] Rahele rolled [b]engineer[/b] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img] [/center] To move forward is to be free. Olm, for the most part, had spent his first few days in the Valley hanging onto hope for a pair of wings. The job was crudely done, and the ends where wings [i]should[/i] be ached quite terribly, which put him in all sorts of moods. And yet, sweet serendipitous Olm knew better than to lash out at his saviors (his friends, now) and instead spent the harder nights curled up in the new lean-to, snout facing the wall. But the valley offers its arms to Olm, and each night, patient Penny silently drops painkilling herbs at his side. He works hard, and he doesn't mind not knowing what it's all for. The valley is made for making, come one come all wanderers and spirits and create, for the sake of creating. Olm thinks the lean-to's need some paint. Now read onward, as we spin the tale of how this harsh landscape becomes the backdrop for learning to fall in love. @naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls @TheAwesoMew
day thirteen

We'll lay here for years or for hours,
your hand in my hand,
so still and discreet.

bNl3T2B.png
Shimmering Cloth Roll for a challenge.

2 - death bond

You may expect Penny and Hammerhead, but I have my lore reasons for not choosing those two. Instead, it's Altimir and Draled!
bNl3T2B.png
Bluefin Charger Fin Roll for a challenge.

6 - quest time
extra dragon roll - 3

Dakota and Olm go on a quest.

Dakota is now level 4.
Olm is now level 4.

Return rolls:
Dakota - 6
Olm - 5
bNl3T2B.png
Fever Fly 20-30 battles.

with Olm, Devon, and Rahele
Extra dragon roll - 7
Olm is now level 5.
Devon is now level 5.
Rahele is now level 5.

Olm rolled DOCTOR YES
Devon rolled librarian
Rahele rolled engineer
bNl3T2B.png

To move forward is to be free.
Olm, for the most part, had spent his first few days in the Valley hanging onto hope for a pair of wings. The job was crudely done, and the ends where wings should be ached quite terribly, which put him in all sorts of moods.

And yet, sweet serendipitous Olm knew better than to lash out at his saviors (his friends, now) and instead spent the harder nights curled up in the new lean-to, snout facing the wall.

But the valley offers its arms to Olm, and each night, patient Penny silently drops painkilling herbs at his side.

He works hard, and he doesn't mind not knowing what it's all for. The valley is made for making, come one come all wanderers and spirits and create, for the sake of creating. Olm thinks the lean-to's need some paint.

Now read onward, as we spin the tale of how this harsh landscape becomes the backdrop for learning to fall in love.

@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme @fernfalls @TheAwesoMew
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10