Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [kingdomlocke] the fact it rains
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote=apneic]Maybe our stick house isn't as structurally sound as we thought.[/quote] Uhoh xD The PlaggUUeeEe
apneic wrote:
Maybe our stick house isn't as structurally sound as we thought.
Uhoh xD

The PlaggUUeeEe
FR +3
@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian [quote][columns][item=firebelly scorpion][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]20-30 battles.[/quote] I dont get any exp from this but I did get a [item=luna mith]. Fluffey :] [quote][columns][item=meal moth][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]20-30 battles.[/quote] [quote][columns][item=blue bill][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] Train the newbies! [quote][columns][item=searing bunny][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]50-60 battles.[/quote] (Ok the lore thats under this I literally wrote for my first pull and it just continued to be relevant for the next..three pulls afterwards so hdsjfshk) [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f] The weather is warm today, and Marudeva emerges from the lean-to with a yawn. He stretches in the golden sun, and when he turns towards the fields, he locks eyes with a very bored-looking Penny. "Ah, you're finally awake," the imperial says. "Are you ready for your training?" Marudeva is now level 2. Notable loot: [item=luna mith][item=leafy pack][item=broken flower pot][item=minor health potion] [quote][columns][item=glassbound solarvul][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed.[/quote] AW YEAH FRIENDS [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f] Today is a day for exploration. Maximo offers to bring the food haul back for Generous, and Penny and Marudeva decide to scout out the river that winds around the pine woods. Marudeva claims that fishing is 'in his genes', and Penny wants to put that to the test. Maru seems, however, to enjoy splashing around in the river more than he does working on finding trout beds. [i]He's still a kid,[/i] Penny reminds herself, [i]give him time. [/i] She finds herself smiling as she watches him from the shoreline, laughing and splashing. That is, until he falls silent. "H-hey, Penny?" Maru's voice is wavering. "What's wrong?" she asks, rising to her feet. She pads towards the water's edge, and notices, upstream, a thick cloud of dark red, traveling towards them. Maru stares down at the water in horror, before surging from the river and taking off down the banks. It's a dragon. His wings are covered in holes, and his eyes are swollen shut and bleeding. His nose, his long long nose, is clearly broken. And yet, he is breathing. A miracle in the valley. Maru hoists the dragon onto Penny's back, and the two venture back to camp swiftly in hopes of treating the ridgeback's wounds. Maru watches the dragon like a hawk for any movement. By the time they return to the lean-to, the dragon is groaning in pain. A good sign. "He can have my nesting spot," offers Generous, though her head barely lifts when the crew walks in. Maximo, sitting watch over Generous, silently gestures "no" to Penny. [i]Generous needs the bed as much as he.[/i] Penny places him in her nest. It's bigger, anyways. By sundown, the ridgeback is sitting up and talking. His name is Hammerhead, or so he says, and he was driven out of the scorched forest by centaurs. There is kindness in his voice, though it is hoarse from the smoke. "You're lucky to be alive!" exclaims Maru. The ridgeback chuckles. "No," he says. "I'm lucky y'all found me." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74943664][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/749437/74943664_350.png[/img][/url] [b] Hammerhead [/b] joins the party.
@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian
Quote:
Firebelly Scorpion 20-30 battles.

I dont get any exp from this but I did get a Luna Mith . Fluffey :]
Quote:
Meal Moth 20-30 battles.
Quote:
Blue Bill Roll for a challenge.

Train the newbies!
Quote:
Searing Bunny 50-60 battles.

(Ok the lore thats under this I literally wrote for my first pull and it just continued to be relevant for the next..three pulls afterwards so hdsjfshk)

The weather is warm today, and Marudeva emerges from the lean-to with a yawn. He stretches in the golden sun, and when he turns towards the fields, he locks eyes with a very bored-looking Penny.

"Ah, you're finally awake," the imperial says. "Are you ready for your training?"

Marudeva is now level 2.

Notable loot: Luna Mith Leafy Pack Broken Flower Pot Minor Health Potion

Quote:
Glassbound Solarvul Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed.

AW YEAH FRIENDS

Today is a day for exploration. Maximo offers to bring the food haul back for Generous, and Penny and Marudeva decide to scout out the river that winds around the pine woods. Marudeva claims that fishing is 'in his genes', and Penny wants to put that to the test.

Maru seems, however, to enjoy splashing around in the river more than he does working on finding trout beds. He's still a kid, Penny reminds herself, give him time. She finds herself smiling as she watches him from the shoreline, laughing and splashing. That is, until he falls silent.

"H-hey, Penny?" Maru's voice is wavering.

"What's wrong?" she asks, rising to her feet. She pads towards the water's edge, and notices, upstream, a thick cloud of dark red, traveling towards them. Maru stares down at the water in horror, before surging from the river and taking off down the banks.

It's a dragon. His wings are covered in holes, and his eyes are swollen shut and bleeding. His nose, his long long nose, is clearly broken. And yet, he is breathing.

A miracle in the valley.

Maru hoists the dragon onto Penny's back, and the two venture back to camp swiftly in hopes of treating the ridgeback's wounds. Maru watches the dragon like a hawk for any movement. By the time they return to the lean-to, the dragon is groaning in pain. A good sign.

"He can have my nesting spot," offers Generous, though her head barely lifts when the crew walks in.

Maximo, sitting watch over Generous, silently gestures "no" to Penny. Generous needs the bed as much as he. Penny places him in her nest. It's bigger, anyways.

By sundown, the ridgeback is sitting up and talking. His name is Hammerhead, or so he says, and he was driven out of the scorched forest by centaurs. There is kindness in his voice, though it is hoarse from the smoke. "You're lucky to be alive!" exclaims Maru.

The ridgeback chuckles. "No," he says. "I'm lucky y'all found me."

74943664_350.png

Hammerhead joins the party.
Awwwwwww Hammerhead! What a great intro piece for your new dragon!!
Awwwwwww Hammerhead! What a great intro piece for your new dragon!!
okay i absolutely love your commentary for this. makes it so much better
maybe one day when i have the room i'll do one of my own? who knows lmao
okay i absolutely love your commentary for this. makes it so much better
maybe one day when i have the room i'll do one of my own? who knows lmao
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
@apneic i love how you write this! it's very engaging!! could you put me on the pinglist?
@apneic i love how you write this! it's very engaging!! could you put me on the pinglist?
FObX7rS.png
J7D1quC.png
QUIpVFE.png
if i dont reply..^^^ thats why so feel free to ping
oh gosh welcome Hammerhead, he seems like a sweetheart already, and Generous living up to his name, sweet baby! i love em all
oh gosh welcome Hammerhead, he seems like a sweetheart already, and Generous living up to his name, sweet baby! i love em all
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme im so sorry i missed yesterday! busy life as a uni student left not much time to poke around fr, much less write lore. i pulled a food item from pink so i just bumbled around in the training fields for a little bit and called it a day. but today is a new day, and the babies are ready to hatch, which leaves a lot of exciting lore opportunities available! i'm also excited to try out Folktale's new crim pull rolls. enjoy :] [quote][columns][item=unhatched light egg][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]There is new life in the valley.[/quote] Arcadia - heads Ruriske - tails Banish - tails [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f]The sun has just peeked over the horizon when Penny feels a light rumbling at her side. [i] The eggs[/i]. A mother from a developed settlement may take these strides with joy, but not Penny. Not in these wilds. Instead, she watches with horror while they rock agitatedly for hours, interrupted only by the minute cracking sounds - attempts to escape. After what feels like an eternity, a spiral slides out of one of the eggs, gasping for air. Penny clutches the hatchling in her talons, pulling it close to her chest as tears begin to fall silently from her face. She can't help but notice the hatchling bears a striking resemblance to Beau. There is empowerment in lineage. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75117955][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751180/75117955_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Arcadia[/b] has joined the party. [quote][columns][item=stonestomp tunic][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f]Perhaps Penny is beginning to understand him. He doesn't say much, but when he does, it tends to be worth listening to - you never know what you'll miss. Their hunting trips have become far more cohesive, and their battle techniques seem to build off of one another. And yet, Penny remembers. She can't erase the image of him murdering Glitterflower, him shaking her last tangible traces of Beau. How might things be different had he never shown up? And, though it has taken days of thought, Penny concludes that they'd all be worse off. He's proven himself a major help. He's not the type to say [i]I'm sorry[/i], but when Penny praises him, he looks up at her with sheepish glee. They are building a home, an empire together, and there's not much more the early days could ask for than company. As they return over the hill, chatting and laughing about their early days, a [item=crimson emperor] follows them home. Notable Loot: [item=leafy pack]x2 [item=minor health potion][item=broken flower pot]
@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme

im so sorry i missed yesterday! busy life as a uni student left not much time to poke around fr, much less write lore. i pulled a food item from pink so i just bumbled around in the training fields for a little bit and called it a day. but today is a new day, and the babies are ready to hatch, which leaves a lot of exciting lore opportunities available! i'm also excited to try out Folktale's new crim pull rolls. enjoy :]
Quote:
Unhatched Light Egg There is new life in the valley.

Arcadia - heads
Ruriske - tails
Banish - tails

The sun has just peeked over the horizon when Penny feels a light rumbling at her side. The eggs. A mother from a developed settlement may take these strides with joy, but not Penny. Not in these wilds. Instead, she watches with horror while they rock agitatedly for hours, interrupted only by the minute cracking sounds - attempts to escape.
After what feels like an eternity, a spiral slides out of one of the eggs, gasping for air. Penny clutches the hatchling in her talons, pulling it close to her chest as tears begin to fall silently from her face. She can't help but notice the hatchling bears a striking resemblance to Beau. There is empowerment in lineage.

75117955_350.png

Arcadia has joined the party.

Quote:
Stonestomp Tunic Roll for a challenge.

Perhaps Penny is beginning to understand him. He doesn't say much, but when he does, it tends to be worth listening to - you never know what you'll miss. Their hunting trips have become far more cohesive, and their battle techniques seem to build off of one another.

And yet, Penny remembers. She can't erase the image of him murdering Glitterflower, him shaking her last tangible traces of Beau. How might things be different had he never shown up?

And, though it has taken days of thought, Penny concludes that they'd all be worse off. He's proven himself a major help. He's not the type to say I'm sorry, but when Penny praises him, he looks up at her with sheepish glee. They are building a home, an empire together, and there's not much more the early days could ask for than company.

As they return over the hill, chatting and laughing about their early days, a Crimson Emperor follows them home.

Notable Loot: Leafy Pack x2 Minor Health Potion Broken Flower Pot
@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme [quote][columns][item=runed helm][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] 10 - train the newbies. Nice! Extra dragon roll - 5. Hammerhead is now level 2. Marudeva is now level 3. [quote][columns][item=zebra cricket][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]20-30 battles.[/quote] Maximo, Penny, and Maru venture into the training fields. Notable loot: None! Bruh Extra dragon roll - 4 [quote][columns][item=Forest field guide][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] Coup - oh god 14 | 19 | 13 Ok we good Extra dragon roll - 9 [quote][columns][item=airborne warrior belt][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] 1 - no rtb dragons - hatchling time! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75084832][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/750849/75084832_350.png[/img][/url] Extra dragon roll - 8 [quote][columns][item=gold ore][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Roll for a challenge.[/quote] 11 - Maximo says being an architect is lame - but he rolled ASSASSIN. WHYYYY After I wrote all this lore for him of course he becomes an assassin. Because why wouldn't he? T_T This fool is now going to be the bane of my run until he kicks the bucket himself. I was hoping he would have a redemption arc, as I was quite inclined to like him, myself, but now he's a direct threat to my run. We'll see how much of a thorn in my side he is tomorrow. Roll for target: 4. Hammerhead. Sobs Extra dragon roll - 4 ----- [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f]It was a deal, then. A treasure allowance and a truce in exchange for the head of the ridgeback that killed her son. Maximo always knew there was something not quite right about Hammerhead. Perhaps he just wasn't used to politeness, but Hammerhead was too quiet, at least when conversation circled around to his history. No matter - Maximo didn't care much about him, anyways. What he [i]did[/i] care about was finding an excuse to duck out of sight of the Beastclans for a while - Penny couldn't know what he had done, and he couldn't be seen trespassing on Baneth's lands, at least not until he was deemed a champion. Perhaps he could spend more time with the hatchlings. Penny seemed to trust him now.
Quote:
Runed Helm Roll for a challenge.

10 - train the newbies. Nice!

Extra dragon roll - 5.

Hammerhead is now level 2.
Marudeva is now level 3.
Quote:
Zebra Cricket 20-30 battles.

Maximo, Penny, and Maru venture into the training fields.

Notable loot: None! Bruh

Extra dragon roll - 4
Quote:
Forest Field Guide Roll for a challenge.

Coup - oh god
14 | 19 | 13
Ok we good

Extra dragon roll - 9
Quote:
Airborne Warrior Belt Roll for a challenge.

1 - no rtb dragons - hatchling time!

75084832_350.png

Extra dragon roll - 8
Quote:
Gold Ore Roll for a challenge.

11 - Maximo says being an architect is lame - but he rolled ASSASSIN. WHYYYY
After I wrote all this lore for him of course he becomes an assassin. Because why wouldn't he? T_T This fool is now going to be the bane of my run until he kicks the bucket himself. I was hoping he would have a redemption arc, as I was quite inclined to like him, myself, but now he's a direct threat to my run. We'll see how much of a thorn in my side he is tomorrow.

Roll for target: 4. Hammerhead. Sobs

Extra dragon roll - 4

It was a deal, then. A treasure allowance and a truce in exchange for the head of the ridgeback that killed her son. Maximo always knew there was something not quite right about Hammerhead. Perhaps he just wasn't used to politeness, but Hammerhead was too quiet, at least when conversation circled around to his history.

No matter - Maximo didn't care much about him, anyways. What he did care about was finding an excuse to duck out of sight of the Beastclans for a while - Penny couldn't know what he had done, and he couldn't be seen trespassing on Baneth's lands, at least not until he was deemed a champion. Perhaps he could spend more time with the hatchlings. Penny seemed to trust him now.
MAXIMO ASSASSINO
Its awful and delicious at the same time, holy smokes
MAXIMO ASSASSINO
Its awful and delicious at the same time, holy smokes
@naranciag @Folktale @Necralisk @Amubun @Venusian @worme Generous finally rolls her 1. Poor girl :( Arcadia - 6 Menoetius - 4 Aaand in rolling for a career, Maximo rolls a 2! Funny enough I had lore worked out for all possibilities except this one. Even in death he finds ways to frustrate me. ----- [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f]Maximo's demise would be his confidence. Indeed, the mirror was a half-pint, and not as good at battling as he pretended. That confidence is probably what kept him alive out here in these fields for so long, but not today. Not at the talons of someone wise enough to know that life isn't about what you say, it's what you do. Hammerhead saw it coming, with the amount of times they roamed the centaur territory, and knowing Maximo couldn't pass up a pretty penny (though such assets mean nothing to a nomad). He'd watched Maximo down centaurs, himself; he was just lucky. So when Maximo asked Hammerhead to take a hunting trip with him, [i]just[/i] him, Hammerhead allowed their mortality to occupy a greater portion of his mind. It's not a boy's trip. Maru is back at camp, minding Penny and digging out foundations. Maximo says nothing on the journey up the hill - Hammerhead can tell he's nervous. "Life isn't about what you say, you know," Hammerhead says, finally. It's a gamble, he knows, to instigate him so soon, but it's something he's wanted to tell the mirror for a while, anyways. Maximo stops in his tracks. "What's [i]that[/i] supposed to mean?" The ridgeback knows he must keep a cool head. "I know the things you tell Penny. She likes you. She trusts you. Why does she trust you, Maximo?" The mirror opens his mouth to speak, but he doesn't get the chance. "It's because she's naive. And I love her -" [i] - Will Maximo think I mean it in a platonic way? I sure hope so, this just got embarrassing - wait. Back to the topic at hand, genius -[/i] "- but she's forced herself to believe everyone on this prairie is, in some way, a good person. And I don't doubt that you were, at some point, a good person, but desperation does awful things to a dragon, doesn't it?" Maximo is snarling now, and his muscles are tense, as if poised to strike. This doesn't faze Hammerhead. The silence between them is interrupted only by a warm prairie wind. Hammerhead takes a step forward. Maximo fights like an amateur. He has a deeply primitive manner of combat which relies on strength in numbers, something he does not find here on the hill. His pack is gone now, long gone, and he hasn't learned. His long, slender neck is pinned beneath Hammerhead's talons. "I wanted to like you. You, me, Penny, the kids, we could have built something special. And you were willing to throw it all away for...tell me, how much treasure was I worth to you?" He knows the mirror cant respond, as he gasps and clambers at Hammerhead's arm. This has gone on long enough, he thinks, and finishes Maximo swiftly. When he releases his grip on the mirror, he takes a seat beside his body to sit vigil, watches the clouds roll across the prairie, wonders what life could have been. ----- [quote][columns][item=ambush][nextcol][size=5][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f][b]Uh Oh.[/quote] And we roll a...death streak. Sighs. Considering Penny is our highest level dragon, I'm not concerned about her since we use food rules, but dragging two low-level dragons into the Sandswept Delta along with her seems like a recipe for disaster. Someone is definitely going to die. ...And unfortunately it's our sweet baby Marudeva. Too much death today D: ----- [size=4][font=book antiqua][color=#6e415f] The prairie is all he's ever known. Marudeva isn't sure where he came from - he remembers waking up in a nest, alone in the wheatgrass, and meandering along until he found Penny, tirelessly caring for a gaggle of hatchlings, and knew he had found a home. And here, now, he lies, in the lean-to he grew up in, surrounded by faces of those who helped raise him into a warrior. But things are different, now, with Hammerhead frantically rummaging around for something to dress his wounds in and Penny clutching onto his talons and fighting back tears, crying [i]please, Maru, please don't leave me[/i]. "Penny," he says, in an attempt to quiet her. "Penny, listen to me," and he takes a deep, ragged breath. "I will not leave you. This kingdom? It's like a garden, okay? And I...I have planted some seeds in this garden. When it's got pumpkins and...watermelons and flowers and stuff, I'll still be there, a part of that garden." The wound is pulsing, and seeps through Hammerhead's talons. He hangs his head in shame, listening to Maru's airy voice as he grows quieter and quieter. "Just take care of the garden for me, okay?" Penny nods, but Maru's eyes are closed. She rests her head on his flank, letting hot tears roll down her face as the rise and fall of his side slowly comes to rest. ----- [img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/Jgp91sk38HZGo/giphy.gif[/img]

Generous finally rolls her 1. Poor girl :(
Arcadia - 6
Menoetius - 4

Aaand in rolling for a career, Maximo rolls a 2! Funny enough I had lore worked out for all possibilities except this one. Even in death he finds ways to frustrate me.

Maximo's demise would be his confidence. Indeed, the mirror was a half-pint, and not as good at battling as he pretended. That confidence is probably what kept him alive out here in these fields for so long, but not today. Not at the talons of someone wise enough to know that life isn't about what you say, it's what you do.

Hammerhead saw it coming, with the amount of times they roamed the centaur territory, and knowing Maximo couldn't pass up a pretty penny (though such assets mean nothing to a nomad). He'd watched Maximo down centaurs, himself; he was just lucky.

So when Maximo asked Hammerhead to take a hunting trip with him, just him, Hammerhead allowed their mortality to occupy a greater portion of his mind. It's not a boy's trip. Maru is back at camp, minding Penny and digging out foundations.

Maximo says nothing on the journey up the hill - Hammerhead can tell he's nervous. "Life isn't about what you say, you know," Hammerhead says, finally. It's a gamble, he knows, to instigate him so soon, but it's something he's wanted to tell the mirror for a while, anyways.

Maximo stops in his tracks. "What's that supposed to mean?"

The ridgeback knows he must keep a cool head. "I know the things you tell Penny. She likes you. She trusts you. Why does she trust you, Maximo?" The mirror opens his mouth to speak, but he doesn't get the chance. "It's because she's naive. And I love her -" - Will Maximo think I mean it in a platonic way? I sure hope so, this just got embarrassing - wait. Back to the topic at hand, genius - "- but she's forced herself to believe everyone on this prairie is, in some way, a good person. And I don't doubt that you were, at some point, a good person, but desperation does awful things to a dragon, doesn't it?"

Maximo is snarling now, and his muscles are tense, as if poised to strike. This doesn't faze Hammerhead. The silence between them is interrupted only by a warm prairie wind. Hammerhead takes a step forward.

Maximo fights like an amateur. He has a deeply primitive manner of combat which relies on strength in numbers, something he does not find here on the hill. His pack is gone now, long gone, and he hasn't learned.

His long, slender neck is pinned beneath Hammerhead's talons. "I wanted to like you. You, me, Penny, the kids, we could have built something special. And you were willing to throw it all away for...tell me, how much treasure was I worth to you?" He knows the mirror cant respond, as he gasps and clambers at Hammerhead's arm. This has gone on long enough, he thinks, and finishes Maximo swiftly.

When he releases his grip on the mirror, he takes a seat beside his body to sit vigil, watches the clouds roll across the prairie, wonders what life could have been.

Quote:
Ambush Uh Oh.

And we roll a...death streak. Sighs.
Considering Penny is our highest level dragon, I'm not concerned about her since we use food rules, but dragging two low-level dragons into the Sandswept Delta along with her seems like a recipe for disaster. Someone is definitely going to die.

...And unfortunately it's our sweet baby Marudeva.

Too much death today D:

The prairie is all he's ever known.

Marudeva isn't sure where he came from - he remembers waking up in a nest, alone in the wheatgrass, and meandering along until he found Penny, tirelessly caring for a gaggle of hatchlings, and knew he had found a home.

And here, now, he lies, in the lean-to he grew up in, surrounded by faces of those who helped raise him into a warrior. But things are different, now, with Hammerhead frantically rummaging around for something to dress his wounds in and Penny clutching onto his talons and fighting back tears, crying please, Maru, please don't leave me.

"Penny," he says, in an attempt to quiet her. "Penny, listen to me," and he takes a deep, ragged breath. "I will not leave you. This kingdom? It's like a garden, okay? And I...I have planted some seeds in this garden. When it's got pumpkins and...watermelons and flowers and stuff, I'll still be there, a part of that garden."

The wound is pulsing, and seeps through Hammerhead's talons. He hangs his head in shame, listening to Maru's airy voice as he grows quieter and quieter. "Just take care of the garden for me, okay?" Penny nods, but Maru's eyes are closed. She rests her head on his flank, letting hot tears roll down her face as the rise and fall of his side slowly comes to rest.

giphy.gif

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10