Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Last Dragon Standing: [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Poor Firefly!! I just hope Maolin can make it through!
Poor Firefly!! I just hope Maolin can make it through!
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/728874/72887394_350.png[/img] [b]Uncia[/b][/center] After her return to base camp, she had barely taken the time to rest her own injury, fussing over all the others who had been picked up by the medical team, talking to everyone, and hobbling around on three legs with her sprained claw in a sling to see who might need a listening ear. The day after her unfortunate accident, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74290026]Dawn[/url] comes to pick her up, but Uncia refuses. She is worried for Sirocco and refuses to leave until she knows he has made it back down the mountain. Dawn understands, and after Uncia tells her about everything she and Sirocco have been through, the two share a laugh and agree to wait until they know the Spiral can safely return to his clan. The avalanche shakes both of them to the core, but both leap into action immediately when it seems the base camp is in danger. "RUN!" Uncia bellows to a few crew members who are just a little too close to the mountain, and Dawn snatches little Eirostle out of harm's way before the falling snow can crush the tent he is in. Miraculously, most of the base camp remains unharmed, with only one tent somewhat damaged and a few items buried in the snow. No injuries, save for Eirostle's pride, but that had been more than a little bruised already so there was no real harm done. Dawn returns the little Imperial to the partially collapsed tent and helps to set it up again, while Uncia stares up at the mountain. She can only hope Sirocco is safe...
72887394_350.png
Uncia

After her return to base camp, she had barely taken the time to rest her own injury, fussing over all the others who had been picked up by the medical team, talking to everyone, and hobbling around on three legs with her sprained claw in a sling to see who might need a listening ear.
The day after her unfortunate accident, Dawn comes to pick her up, but Uncia refuses. She is worried for Sirocco and refuses to leave until she knows he has made it back down the mountain. Dawn understands, and after Uncia tells her about everything she and Sirocco have been through, the two share a laugh and agree to wait until they know the Spiral can safely return to his clan.
The avalanche shakes both of them to the core, but both leap into action immediately when it seems the base camp is in danger. "RUN!" Uncia bellows to a few crew members who are just a little too close to the mountain, and Dawn snatches little Eirostle out of harm's way before the falling snow can crush the tent he is in. Miraculously, most of the base camp remains unharmed, with only one tent somewhat damaged and a few items buried in the snow. No injuries, save for Eirostle's pride, but that had been more than a little bruised already so there was no real harm done.
Dawn returns the little Imperial to the partially collapsed tent and helps to set it up again, while Uncia stares up at the mountain.
She can only hope Sirocco is safe...
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
If any of you are checking the thread wondering what's up, I've already drawn the results, just.... delayed on writing it out haha.

Update will hopefully come in the next 2 hours.
If any of you are checking the thread wondering what's up, I've already drawn the results, just.... delayed on writing it out haha.

Update will hopefully come in the next 2 hours.
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
[i]The wind howls and the ground shakes as the avalanche passes by the dragons on the mountain, but with so many injured, and the medical team nowhere to be seen, the hikers left on the expedition team must find their own way back to base camp to get help.[/i] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/640056/64005582p.png[/img] [b]Maolin[/center] [i]Deep breaths.[/i] The flying conditions aren’t great, but there isn’t much choice. Firefly needs medical attention immediately. Maolin tucks in her wings as she takes one step back, then another. She recalls what her mentor told her when they were overlooking the Sea of a Thousand Currents, as tornadoes raged over the swirling tides below. [i]Only a Wind dragon, or a fool, flies in storms like these.[/i] Well, call Maolin a fool then. Maolin takes a running jump off the edge, praying that her rope work is good enough to keep Firefly secured to her. She dives for a few seconds, the ground rushing toward them as she waits, waits, waits-- [i]Now![/i] Maolin opens her wings, tilting them to generate lift as she quickly gains upward momentum from the rush of air beneath her wings. She flies like a bullet down the mountainside, and from the air, she can see something ominous indeed. Part of base camp has been destroyed. She can’t see the individual dragons from here, but she can’t imagine the chaos this avalanche has caused. Was anyone hurt? How many dragons were potentially buried? Is the medical team in any condition to climb the mountain to answer all these beacons? The reality of the situation makes Maolin’s blood run cold as she imagines the possibility that the whole medical team may very well be dead, and what that would mean for Firefly. Maolin flaps her wings hard, trying to stay on course. Her initial momentum from her dive had carried her forward relatively fast, but now she had to struggle against the wind to stay on course—the wind was blowing straight east, pushing her farther and farther to the side, away from base camp. It was going to be a struggle to make it there, but Maolin was determined to get there in time to save Firefly’s life. ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/736041/73604077p.png[/img] [b][color=red]Bone Collector[/center] “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” It’s terrifying! Absolutely horrifying! The speed at which he’s sliding down the mountain is simultaneously breathtaking and neck breaking as he tries to reach base camp as fast as possible to get help. He had pilfered a slab of wood from some kind of table that had been just outside the cave mouth for the mine, whose legs had been broken off in the avalanche. It was the closest thing he had to a sled, and so he set off down the side of the mountain, off to get help for Sirocco—oh and uh, maybe win that prize money too, while he’s at it. He’s wondering if he would have been better off just running down the mountain as he screams, terrified of just how fast he’s going. As he practically flies down Sharktooth Mountain, he can’t help but spot a blue figure in the air to his right. Isn’t that the blue tundra from the top of the mountain?! “Why didn’t [i]I[/i] think to fly down the mountain?” Bone Collector cries, his knuckles burning from the pain of holding onto this table top for dear life. He stares in contempt at the flying dragon for a moment before the table jolts up, causing Bone Collector to scream again. The jolt has changed his direction, and he now realizes with horror he’s on a quick course to collide with a tree. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” he cries, grabbing the ends of the board and trying to spin it to avoid the tree. He only manages to make a slight redirect, changing the collision from a head-on collision to a side collision. The table spins out of control, Bone Collector losing his grip on it and flying into another tree nearby, the impact knocking him unconscious. ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/394345/39434442p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/577131/57713000p.png[/img] [b]Carmeline, [color=red]Reverence[/center] As Reverence waits for Carmeline to regain her bearings, he keeps an eye on the higher end of the mountain for danger. This means he’s the first to spot Maolin as she jumps over the side of the mountain. He sits up, shocked, thinking at first that she must have fallen off, before seeing her take flight, flying at high speeds down the side of Sharktooth Mountain. He’s relieved at first, then alarmed. Then, furious. His competitive streak kicks in and he bolts upright, ready to attempt the flight down himself, if only to beat out the tundra hurtling towards base camp. “I’m going,” he says, curtly, and quite frankly Carmeline is lucky to get even that much out of him. She looks up confused at the sudden change in attitude, following his glare until she also notices the blue outline struggling against the wind of the mountain, working her way towards base camp. “Right. Right!” she yells in response. “Wait, do I--” Carmeline quickly pops open her bag and checks to see that yes, she still has the flower pod, and yes, it’s intact. Great. Seeing Carmeline inspecting her bag, Reverence throws a quick glance at his own bag, taking a double take when he realizes the clasps aren’t secure like they should be. Knocking the flap off, he quickly looks inside. He sees the pod, his clothes, some food supplies, but that’s not everything. Where is his climbing gear? Where is his his spare gloves? [b]Where is his crown?![/b] He gasps, panicked, as he looks out into the sea of snow, the flurries that had accompanied still lazing through the air. It… it could be anywhere. He [i]needs[/i] to get that crown back. It’s the only thing he has left of his kingdom, the only thing he has left of his past. Who knows how long it’ll take him to find it? Even if he did fly down just to finish the competition, would he be able to find this exact spot again to begin the search? He looks behind them again, the tundra gaining ground on them quickly. Something about seeing her flying towards them [i]pisses[/i] him off. He doesn’t want her to win. He looks at the small pearlcatcher—Carmeline, he reminds himself—and sees she’s already booking it down the mountain. But there’s no way she’ll outrun the tundra. It takes him a few short hops through the snow to catch up to her. “Carmeline!” She looks over her shoulder, about to respond, when she nearly jumps out of her [i]skin[/i] as his hand wraps around her waist, lifting her up like a doll. He stands up on his hind legs, Carmeline mortified as she yells “WHAT ARE YOU--” “WIN FOR ME,” Reverence screams in response, throwing Carmeline in the direction of base camp. Carmeline instinctively spreads her wings as she sails through the air, and feels what is definitely [i]not[/i] a normal gust of wind pushing on her from below, giving her the lift she needs to climb high enough to see base camp, half-buried in the avalanche’s snow. She chances a glance back at the imperial, who’s simply staring at her as she flies away. “I will!” she yells, even though she knows he can’t hear her. With that, she turns to focus on base camp, determined to outspeed Maolin, and be the first to cross the finish line. ----- And then there were two. Please give it up for our absolute BAMFs who have fought their way to the very final round of Sharktooth Ascension! Now that our winners have been selected the only question is—who will get first place? Well my friends, you will, unfortunately, have to wait until tomorrow for that update. While I’ve loved writing for this event, as some of you may remember, I sprained my ankle at the beginning of the week. Between staying up late to write round results (18:00 FR time is 9pm for me, and round results are taking 2-3 hours to write), my ankle keeping me awake, and the fact I have to get up at 5am for work, I’ve gotten very little sleep this week, and it’s finally caught up to me. So, I’m enforcing a little self-care and [b]postponing the end of Round 10 to 08:00 FR time tomorrow.[/b] This means you can still send aids and sabotages up until 08:00 tomorrow, at which point any aid or sabotage sent will be refunded. Sending any aid or sabotage between now and the cutoff time tomorrow nets you the Saturday badge! I’ll be taking some time today to clean up the previous entries (correcting typos, misspelled names, etc) and updating the front page, but otherwise won’t be making any more updates until tomorrow. Please still feel free to send me PMs or messages in this thread about the event! [b]A few reminders:[/b] [list] [*]You can pay 10kt for any badge you may have missed on previous days. Please keep in mind if you want to buy the “all days” badge, you must have already earned and/or bought all other badges before you can purchase it. If you completed all 5 days organically (not having to buy out any specific day’s badge for 10kt), you don’t need to pay for the all days badge. [*]Did you enjoy this event? I’ll be hosting another LDS for the Nature vs Plague battle in March! Ask to be added to the “Next Event” pinglist if you’d like to be notified when the next game begins! The next game will also be open to IF and OOF participants. [*]Want to help? I’ll be open to volunteers to help brainstorm elimination ideas and major game events, and potentially help write story lines/eliminations! PM me for more information if you are interested. [*] I want [b]YOU[/b] to give me [b]YOUR[/b] opinions! As this was the first dom event I’ve ever hosted, I would love feedback on anything and everything you did or didn’t like! Have a suggestion for next game? Did you think the story sucked? Did you love it too much? Did some things cost too much (or not enough)? Feel free to send me a PM to me with feedback for the event. In the event you’d like your feedback to remain anonymous, feel free to message [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/168931]uruhead[/url] instead, who will relay your thoughts and criticisms to me w/o revealing your identity. [/list] See you all tomorrow! Have a good day, everyone! ----- [size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0] @posibee @ChaosSyst @Lucanidae @LouckyKoneko @Nihilis @COparade @Venusian @Mandragorum @Deladria @Bxy26 @lusbiana @EtherealEggs @TwelveBrackets @MUZAN @TinkaDreamChaser @Borkbean @cartographic @LynxSideris @MidnightMonarch @Cocolatia @SilentWanderer @Elfydragon @Doodlepede @Crimsonpixie @LynxSideris @Venusian @aredshroom @TwelveBrackets @ghostingskies @FelineThing @Ketchalin @findingpears @Deladria @ClearBright @Lucanidae
The wind howls and the ground shakes as the avalanche passes by the dragons on the mountain, but with so many injured, and the medical team nowhere to be seen, the hikers left on the expedition team must find their own way back to base camp to get help.

64005582p.png

Maolin

Deep breaths.

The flying conditions aren’t great, but there isn’t much choice. Firefly needs medical attention immediately.

Maolin tucks in her wings as she takes one step back, then another.

She recalls what her mentor told her when they were overlooking the Sea of a Thousand Currents, as tornadoes raged over the swirling tides below.

Only a Wind dragon, or a fool, flies in storms like these.

Well, call Maolin a fool then.

Maolin takes a running jump off the edge, praying that her rope work is good enough to keep Firefly secured to her. She dives for a few seconds, the ground rushing toward them as she waits, waits, waits--

Now!

Maolin opens her wings, tilting them to generate lift as she quickly gains upward momentum from the rush of air beneath her wings. She flies like a bullet down the mountainside, and from the air, she can see something ominous indeed.

Part of base camp has been destroyed.

She can’t see the individual dragons from here, but she can’t imagine the chaos this avalanche has caused. Was anyone hurt? How many dragons were potentially buried? Is the medical team in any condition to climb the mountain to answer all these beacons? The reality of the situation makes Maolin’s blood run cold as she imagines the possibility that the whole medical team may very well be dead, and what that would mean for Firefly.

Maolin flaps her wings hard, trying to stay on course. Her initial momentum from her dive had carried her forward relatively fast, but now she had to struggle against the wind to stay on course—the wind was blowing straight east, pushing her farther and farther to the side, away from base camp. It was going to be a struggle to make it there, but Maolin was determined to get there in time to save Firefly’s life.

73604077p.png

Bone Collector

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

It’s terrifying! Absolutely horrifying! The speed at which he’s sliding down the mountain is simultaneously breathtaking and neck breaking as he tries to reach base camp as fast as possible to get help. He had pilfered a slab of wood from some kind of table that had been just outside the cave mouth for the mine, whose legs had been broken off in the avalanche. It was the closest thing he had to a sled, and so he set off down the side of the mountain, off to get help for Sirocco—oh and uh, maybe win that prize money too, while he’s at it.

He’s wondering if he would have been better off just running down the mountain as he screams, terrified of just how fast he’s going. As he practically flies down Sharktooth Mountain, he can’t help but spot a blue figure in the air to his right. Isn’t that the blue tundra from the top of the mountain?!

“Why didn’t I think to fly down the mountain?” Bone Collector cries, his knuckles burning from the pain of holding onto this table top for dear life. He stares in contempt at the flying dragon for a moment before the table jolts up, causing Bone Collector to scream again.

The jolt has changed his direction, and he now realizes with horror he’s on a quick course to collide with a tree.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” he cries, grabbing the ends of the board and trying to spin it to avoid the tree. He only manages to make a slight redirect, changing the collision from a head-on collision to a side collision. The table spins out of control, Bone Collector losing his grip on it and flying into another tree nearby, the impact knocking him unconscious.

39434442p.png57713000p.png

Carmeline, Reverence

As Reverence waits for Carmeline to regain her bearings, he keeps an eye on the higher end of the mountain for danger. This means he’s the first to spot Maolin as she jumps over the side of the mountain. He sits up, shocked, thinking at first that she must have fallen off, before seeing her take flight, flying at high speeds down the side of Sharktooth Mountain. He’s relieved at first, then alarmed. Then, furious. His competitive streak kicks in and he bolts upright, ready to attempt the flight down himself, if only to beat out the tundra hurtling towards base camp.

“I’m going,” he says, curtly, and quite frankly Carmeline is lucky to get even that much out of him. She looks up confused at the sudden change in attitude, following his glare until she also notices the blue outline struggling against the wind of the mountain, working her way towards base camp.

“Right. Right!” she yells in response. “Wait, do I--” Carmeline quickly pops open her bag and checks to see that yes, she still has the flower pod, and yes, it’s intact. Great.

Seeing Carmeline inspecting her bag, Reverence throws a quick glance at his own bag, taking a double take when he realizes the clasps aren’t secure like they should be. Knocking the flap off, he quickly looks inside. He sees the pod, his clothes, some food supplies, but that’s not everything. Where is his climbing gear? Where is his his spare gloves? Where is his crown?!

He gasps, panicked, as he looks out into the sea of snow, the flurries that had accompanied still lazing through the air. It… it could be anywhere. He needs to get that crown back. It’s the only thing he has left of his kingdom, the only thing he has left of his past. Who knows how long it’ll take him to find it? Even if he did fly down just to finish the competition, would he be able to find this exact spot again to begin the search?

He looks behind them again, the tundra gaining ground on them quickly. Something about seeing her flying towards them pisses him off. He doesn’t want her to win.

He looks at the small pearlcatcher—Carmeline, he reminds himself—and sees she’s already booking it down the mountain. But there’s no way she’ll outrun the tundra.

It takes him a few short hops through the snow to catch up to her. “Carmeline!”

She looks over her shoulder, about to respond, when she nearly jumps out of her skin as his hand wraps around her waist, lifting her up like a doll. He stands up on his hind legs, Carmeline mortified as she yells “WHAT ARE YOU--”

“WIN FOR ME,” Reverence screams in response, throwing Carmeline in the direction of base camp.

Carmeline instinctively spreads her wings as she sails through the air, and feels what is definitely not a normal gust of wind pushing on her from below, giving her the lift she needs to climb high enough to see base camp, half-buried in the avalanche’s snow. She chances a glance back at the imperial, who’s simply staring at her as she flies away.

“I will!” she yells, even though she knows he can’t hear her. With that, she turns to focus on base camp, determined to outspeed Maolin, and be the first to cross the finish line.

And then there were two.

Please give it up for our absolute BAMFs who have fought their way to the very final round of Sharktooth Ascension! Now that our winners have been selected the only question is—who will get first place?

Well my friends, you will, unfortunately, have to wait until tomorrow for that update.

While I’ve loved writing for this event, as some of you may remember, I sprained my ankle at the beginning of the week. Between staying up late to write round results (18:00 FR time is 9pm for me, and round results are taking 2-3 hours to write), my ankle keeping me awake, and the fact I have to get up at 5am for work, I’ve gotten very little sleep this week, and it’s finally caught up to me. So, I’m enforcing a little self-care and postponing the end of Round 10 to 08:00 FR time tomorrow.

This means you can still send aids and sabotages up until 08:00 tomorrow, at which point any aid or sabotage sent will be refunded. Sending any aid or sabotage between now and the cutoff time tomorrow nets you the Saturday badge!

I’ll be taking some time today to clean up the previous entries (correcting typos, misspelled names, etc) and updating the front page, but otherwise won’t be making any more updates until tomorrow.

Please still feel free to send me PMs or messages in this thread about the event!

A few reminders:
  • You can pay 10kt for any badge you may have missed on previous days. Please keep in mind if you want to buy the “all days” badge, you must have already earned and/or bought all other badges before you can purchase it.

If you completed all 5 days organically (not having to buy out any specific day’s badge for 10kt), you don’t need to pay for the all days badge.
  • Did you enjoy this event? I’ll be hosting another LDS for the Nature vs Plague battle in March! Ask to be added to the “Next Event” pinglist if you’d like to be notified when the next game begins! The next game will also be open to IF and OOF participants.
  • Want to help? I’ll be open to volunteers to help brainstorm elimination ideas and major game events, and potentially help write story lines/eliminations! PM me for more information if you are interested.
  • I want YOU to give me YOUR opinions! As this was the first dom event I’ve ever hosted, I would love feedback on anything and everything you did or didn’t like! Have a suggestion for next game? Did you think the story sucked? Did you love it too much? Did some things cost too much (or not enough)? Feel free to send me a PM to me with feedback for the event. In the event you’d like your feedback to remain anonymous, feel free to message uruhead instead, who will relay your thoughts and criticisms to me w/o revealing your identity.

See you all tomorrow! Have a good day, everyone!

@posibee @ChaosSyst @Lucanidae @LouckyKoneko @Nihilis @COparade @Venusian @Mandragorum @Deladria @Bxy26 @lusbiana @EtherealEggs @TwelveBrackets @MUZAN @TinkaDreamChaser @Borkbean @cartographic @LynxSideris @MidnightMonarch @Cocolatia @SilentWanderer @Elfydragon @Doodlepede @Crimsonpixie @LynxSideris @Venusian @aredshroom @TwelveBrackets @ghostingskies @FelineThing @Ketchalin @findingpears @Deladria @ClearBright @Lucanidae
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
CARM REVERENCE MAOLIN I LOVE THEM

I'm not even sure what to say but damn I'm screaming, this was such a good update, it's so intense

I'm cackling over Reverence's competitive streak kicking in and just tossing her, oml. And Maolin's perspective of flying was so intense, I'm speechless.

I'm shocked Carm made it this far, may the best dragon win. >:D
CARM REVERENCE MAOLIN I LOVE THEM

I'm not even sure what to say but damn I'm screaming, this was such a good update, it's so intense

I'm cackling over Reverence's competitive streak kicking in and just tossing her, oml. And Maolin's perspective of flying was so intense, I'm speechless.

I'm shocked Carm made it this far, may the best dragon win. >:D
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
I've been following this thread silently, because I just can't put into words how much I love it- the writing is great, I really enjoy the small plots, and I love what you did with the characters. I'm really surprised Firefly made it that far, I never expected him to get past day 4.
I'm really excited to see who'll win!
I've been following this thread silently, because I just can't put into words how much I love it- the writing is great, I really enjoy the small plots, and I love what you did with the characters. I'm really surprised Firefly made it that far, I never expected him to get past day 4.
I'm really excited to see who'll win!
FR+9 They/Them Flower Adoptables! Lore lair My avatar
JqyUxCg.gif2STS4nL.gif Logo_2.png
Ahhhh I love this all so much!

Make sure you look after yourself, and I love your writing so much!
Ahhhh I love this all so much!

Make sure you look after yourself, and I love your writing so much!
Also please add me to the pinglist for the next one you host! I will look forward to our next push purely for this!
Also please add me to the pinglist for the next one you host! I will look forward to our next push purely for this!
I'd love to be pinged for the next round during a future push, please! Its very evident how much time and care has gone into writing the lore, I hope you have had as much fun writing as we have had following it!
I'd love to be pinged for the next round during a future push, please! Its very evident how much time and care has gone into writing the lore, I hope you have had as much fun writing as we have had following it!
o723_d01L_findingpears.pngo723_d02_findingpears.pngo723_d03_findingpears.pngo723_d04_findingpears.pngo723_d05_findingpears.pngo723_d01R_findingpears.png __
FR+19
she / her
wishlist
art shop
__
____________ ____ l4necl8jk4m.png
aww so close to the final two! but i am honestly so surprised reverence made it this far! and the final two are <3

i am laughing soo hard at reverence hurling carmeline off the mountain:> him going out in such a manner is hilarious and i love it hahaha! i love both of the final two, but uk, lets go carmeline, win it for us can't wait to see who wins!

thank you for running the event and putting so much effort into writing the storyline. this has truly been soso much fun! i would love to be in your next event pinglist, and in the meantime, please take care of yourself! writing and thinking up such intense lore twice a day is crazy:") hope you ankle gets better too
aww so close to the final two! but i am honestly so surprised reverence made it this far! and the final two are <3

i am laughing soo hard at reverence hurling carmeline off the mountain:> him going out in such a manner is hilarious and i love it hahaha! i love both of the final two, but uk, lets go carmeline, win it for us can't wait to see who wins!

thank you for running the event and putting so much effort into writing the storyline. this has truly been soso much fun! i would love to be in your next event pinglist, and in the meantime, please take care of yourself! writing and thinking up such intense lore twice a day is crazy:") hope you ankle gets better too
uzBJ98z.png n hfdjsaa
aaVNO5chn.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17