Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 249 250
[b]Ch. 27:[/b] Burns looks so intimidating, but I had to giggle at the way you described him, with his stubby legs and his neck sticking out of the snow like a periscope. He seems like a cool guy -- though it's intriguing how he managed to hear of Morning. [emoji=guardian confused] [b]Ch. 28:[/b] Oh, I'm sorry you had to lose Salal. =( But I really loved how her exit was her going on the Search instead of dying. It's a nice change, and I'm glad she's found a home already! :D
Ch. 27: Burns looks so intimidating, but I had to giggle at the way you described him, with his stubby legs and his neck sticking out of the snow like a periscope. He seems like a cool guy -- though it's intriguing how he managed to hear of Morning.

Ch. 28: Oh, I'm sorry you had to lose Salal. =( But I really loved how her exit was her going on the Search instead of dying. It's a nice change, and I'm glad she's found a home already! :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Aw, it's sad that Salal is leaving so soon, but it had to happen sooner or later I guess. :( The mental image of Burns slowly trudging through the snow was unexpectedly welcome, though! I'm curious to find out what his plan is, and how Morning fits into everything.
Aw, it's sad that Salal is leaving so soon, but it had to happen sooner or later I guess. :( The mental image of Burns slowly trudging through the snow was unexpectedly welcome, though! I'm curious to find out what his plan is, and how Morning fits into everything.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Disillusionist

I am going to have a heck of a lot of fun with Burns, I think!

Honestly, I am so happy it flowed into that ended rather than having her killed.

@Tirtouga678

I am unfortunately reaching a more difficult level of Coli Battles :( Deaths are gonna be more common from here on out.
@Disillusionist

I am going to have a heck of a lot of fun with Burns, I think!

Honestly, I am so happy it flowed into that ended rather than having her killed.

@Tirtouga678

I am unfortunately reaching a more difficult level of Coli Battles :( Deaths are gonna be more common from here on out.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/26#post_49899927]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 29: I Was Just a Boy, You See[/u][/b] [item=cyan tetras] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74014996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2658003&skin=0&apparel=23290,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73985412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73985412&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Aw man, I'm so glad you're here! I've never had someone who gets me like you do!" Morning exclaimed, making large leaps from snowbank to snowbank. Burns scuttled through the snow behind him, in awe of the fact that he not only was able to spend time with the dragon he had come to idolize, but that he seemed to [i]like[/i] him. "There's a lot of us out there, and you are a symbol of hope to many. Of course, there are a lot of bounty hunters and assassins out for your head, but all those wanted signs have given you quite the following as well!" Burns explained. "It's a good thing you're in a place that is so hidden-" "Hold on, I smell unfamiliar dragons," Morning suddenly came to a halt. "Not sure if friend of foe. We've got to keep ourselves low." "Wha-" Burns called out in surprise, but Morning cut him off my pushing him into a bush. It took some time for Burns to right himself, but when he did, he watched through the leaves as three dragons walked in on Morning attempting to bury himself in the snow. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=84&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=7&winggene=2&wings=151&auth=29f9faebc0382d399cbe0b151cea3e9b70da0d42&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=86&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=173&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=11&auth=203230203700a7c6d7352fecba03b2adb8dcc135&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=73&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=27&winggene=39&wings=54&auth=aad5edff1025075e1b906188301af7cd404484c5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Now, what have we here?" The wildclaw stepped forward, flanked by the ridgeback and the gaoler. The ridgeback immediately jumped forward to hook Morning up in her claws, dangling him in the air by his tail as if he were nothing more than a mouse. "I thought I smelled a plagueling, and you perfectly match the description spies in the area have described as the Fugitive," The gaoler cackled, moving forward to give the tundra a big sniff. "Pity you had to be my breed's successor, truly disgusting." Burns felt like he should do something, anything, but he was frozen in place. He made eye contact with Morning, who just shook his head, before squirming and spitting in the faces of the other dragons. "I'm afraid that's not going to work against us, you rat. We are highly trained bounty hunters, and there is a hefty reward to bringing in your head," The ridgeback hissed, holding a dangerously sharp claw to the tundra's throat. "Should I do it, boss?" She growled, eyes glinting towards the wildclaw. "The more we monologue and tease him, the more of a chance he has to get away and someone else will get the one million gem bounty," The wildclaw nodded. "Do it." Burns barely saw what happened. The next moment, all the life had drained from the tundra's eyes, and his blood was turning the snow below him to scarlet. "You really should let me have more fun with these, this is too easy," The ridgeback growled as she hefted the body over her shoulder and moved to walk away. "Next time, I promise you can play more cat and mouse, when there is not more money on the line," The wildclaw promised. "Now, let's get out of here before-" "Before what?" [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37364871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,37385,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Burns stared in horror as Adriel emerged from the trees, a large grin on her face. Wasn't Morning her friend? Had she fooled the clan all along? The bogsneak gritted his teeth, feeling like a coward cowering in the bushes, but he still couldn't convince his legs to move. "Do you have any idea who I am?" The spiral asked, twisting herself around the bounty hunters. "I trust even as early in your career as you are, you would have all been warned not to mess with Adriel." Burns watched as all three dragons paled. "I was hired by the Pox Consulate themselves to bring him back dead, and I have never been known to not complete a job. However, you have made things easy for me. So, you have two choices. Either I kill you on the spot where you stand, or you come with me, we have a spot of tea, and we work something else. Perhaps, I give you a fraction of the earnings in exchange for full credit of the kill." Adriel's eyes flashed. All three bounty hunters exchanged nervous looks, before the wildclaw swore. "Yeah, alright, yeah," The wildclaw said through gritted teeth. "Let's talk this out. We're sorry, we had no idea, ma'am." "Of course you didn't." Adriel purred in a sickly sweet tone, "but that's okay, we'll make sure this all gets sorted out, [i]properly[/i]." Burns watched as the four dragons disappeared deeper into the woods, and made sure they were completely out of sight before he began to run. He had to get the news back to The Refuge. Morning was dead. The Pox Consulate had got him. And Adriel had betrayed them. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/27#post_49914024]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui[/center] ----- Gosh, I wanted to write this chapter yesterday, but I had to take time to process how all of this would go down before I could write such a big chapter. It happened during bonus Coli rounds, I wanted to try to get more chests in the hopes of getting another noc egg to introduce, I had already done 30 rounds. The team was Sage, Alps and Morning, they were evenly balanced, I was being generous with healing potions, but then a poorly timed Crit was landed on Morning. So now we is gone. 2 dragons in 2 days, 2 dragons with 2 genes up from basic. This is going to change a lot about the tone of the 'locke. The title of this chapter is a line from his theme song. [b]If anyone wants Morning for free, you have until 23:59 Jan 31st FR Time to claim him. First come, first serve.[/b] Finished writing this just after rollover started, gonna write the next chapter immediately after rollover is done and I post this, because I have today's pull and I don't want you to be left in suspense too long plus I need to resolve this for my own sanity.

Day 29: I Was Just a Boy, You See
Cyan Tetras
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

scry?sdid=2658003&skin=0&apparel=23290,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=73985412&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png

"Aw man, I'm so glad you're here! I've never had someone who gets me like you do!" Morning exclaimed, making large leaps from snowbank to snowbank. Burns scuttled through the snow behind him, in awe of the fact that he not only was able to spend time with the dragon he had come to idolize, but that he seemed to like him.

"There's a lot of us out there, and you are a symbol of hope to many. Of course, there are a lot of bounty hunters and assassins out for your head, but all those wanted signs have given you quite the following as well!" Burns explained. "It's a good thing you're in a place that is so hidden-"

"Hold on, I smell unfamiliar dragons," Morning suddenly came to a halt. "Not sure if friend of foe. We've got to keep ourselves low."

"Wha-" Burns called out in surprise, but Morning cut him off my pushing him into a bush. It took some time for Burns to right himself, but when he did, he watched through the leaves as three dragons walked in on Morning attempting to bury himself in the snow.
dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=84&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=7&winggene=2&wings=151&auth=29f9faebc0382d399cbe0b151cea3e9b70da0d42&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=86&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=173&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=11&auth=203230203700a7c6d7352fecba03b2adb8dcc135&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=73&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=27&winggene=39&wings=54&auth=aad5edff1025075e1b906188301af7cd404484c5&dummyext=prev.png

"Now, what have we here?" The wildclaw stepped forward, flanked by the ridgeback and the gaoler. The ridgeback immediately jumped forward to hook Morning up in her claws, dangling him in the air by his tail as if he were nothing more than a mouse.

"I thought I smelled a plagueling, and you perfectly match the description spies in the area have described as the Fugitive," The gaoler cackled, moving forward to give the tundra a big sniff. "Pity you had to be my breed's successor, truly disgusting."

Burns felt like he should do something, anything, but he was frozen in place. He made eye contact with Morning, who just shook his head, before squirming and spitting in the faces of the other dragons.

"I'm afraid that's not going to work against us, you rat. We are highly trained bounty hunters, and there is a hefty reward to bringing in your head," The ridgeback hissed, holding a dangerously sharp claw to the tundra's throat. "Should I do it, boss?" She growled, eyes glinting towards the wildclaw.

"The more we monologue and tease him, the more of a chance he has to get away and someone else will get the one million gem bounty," The wildclaw nodded. "Do it."

Burns barely saw what happened. The next moment, all the life had drained from the tundra's eyes, and his blood was turning the snow below him to scarlet.

"You really should let me have more fun with these, this is too easy," The ridgeback growled as she hefted the body over her shoulder and moved to walk away.

"Next time, I promise you can play more cat and mouse, when there is not more money on the line," The wildclaw promised. "Now, let's get out of here before-"

"Before what?"
dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,37385,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png

Burns stared in horror as Adriel emerged from the trees, a large grin on her face. Wasn't Morning her friend? Had she fooled the clan all along? The bogsneak gritted his teeth, feeling like a coward cowering in the bushes, but he still couldn't convince his legs to move.

"Do you have any idea who I am?" The spiral asked, twisting herself around the bounty hunters. "I trust even as early in your career as you are, you would have all been warned not to mess with Adriel."

Burns watched as all three dragons paled.

"I was hired by the Pox Consulate themselves to bring him back dead, and I have never been known to not complete a job. However, you have made things easy for me. So, you have two choices. Either I kill you on the spot where you stand, or you come with me, we have a spot of tea, and we work something else. Perhaps, I give you a fraction of the earnings in exchange for full credit of the kill." Adriel's eyes flashed.

All three bounty hunters exchanged nervous looks, before the wildclaw swore.

"Yeah, alright, yeah," The wildclaw said through gritted teeth. "Let's talk this out. We're sorry, we had no idea, ma'am."

"Of course you didn't." Adriel purred in a sickly sweet tone, "but that's okay, we'll make sure this all gets sorted out, properly."

Burns watched as the four dragons disappeared deeper into the woods, and made sure they were completely out of sight before he began to run. He had to get the news back to The Refuge.

Morning was dead. The Pox Consulate had got him. And Adriel had betrayed them.

Gosh, I wanted to write this chapter yesterday, but I had to take time to process how all of this would go down before I could write such a big chapter.

It happened during bonus Coli rounds, I wanted to try to get more chests in the hopes of getting another noc egg to introduce, I had already done 30 rounds. The team was Sage, Alps and Morning, they were evenly balanced, I was being generous with healing potions, but then a poorly timed Crit was landed on Morning. So now we is gone. 2 dragons in 2 days, 2 dragons with 2 genes up from basic. This is going to change a lot about the tone of the 'locke.

The title of this chapter is a line from his theme song.

If anyone wants Morning for free, you have until 23:59 Jan 31st FR Time to claim him. First come, first serve.

Finished writing this just after rollover started, gonna write the next chapter immediately after rollover is done and I post this, because I have today's pull and I don't want you to be left in suspense too long plus I need to resolve this for my own sanity.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
*holding a knife behind my back* hi can someone send me Adriels location please I just wanna talk :)
*holding a knife behind my back* hi can someone send me Adriels location please I just wanna talk :)
@Wufflesnuff

Oh, you can talk to her in the next chapter! :)
@Wufflesnuff

Oh, you can talk to her in the next chapter! :)
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/27#post_49913916]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 30: Rage[/u][/b] [item=ragepuff down] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73747671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Alps raced through the forest, trailing puffs of snowclouds behind them as they went. Lightning crackled from their eyes and mouth as they fought to contain their rage. They knew they were wrong to trust Adriel, and they didn't care if it killed him, they was going to kill her. They knew they should probably have stayed in The Refuge with Sage. She had now lost the love of her life, her eldest son, and her daughter had left on her Search. She needed to support. But that could wait. They had unfinished business to attend to. It did not take long to find Adriel's tea spot, she had not moved in from the last time. Alps slowed, only upon hearing the voices of what must have been the bounty hunters. They could possibly take on Adriel, but they had to size up the others before the time came to fight. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37364871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,37385,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=84&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=7&winggene=2&wings=151&auth=29f9faebc0382d399cbe0b151cea3e9b70da0d42&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=86&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=173&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=11&auth=203230203700a7c6d7352fecba03b2adb8dcc135&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=73&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=27&winggene=39&wings=54&auth=aad5edff1025075e1b906188301af7cd404484c5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The spiral was pouring the three dragon large cups of tea. Cookies were laid out on a platter, and Adriel was grinning ear to ear, chatting amicably with her guests. They three bounty hunters appeared irritated, eager to get on with the business they had come here to do. With a horrible lurch of their stomach, Alps noticed Morning's body. There was no dignity in the way it was laid, clearly thrown down with little care. That sight was enough to almost make Alps launch into battle then and there, but they restrained themselves. They had to be strategic. "Look, this is nice and all, but can we talk about how we are splitting the bounty?" The wildclaw asked. "We've got a long journey back to the Pox Consulate." "Oh yes, oh yes, in time!" Adriel said cheerily. "There's no rush. Please, relax. Eat a cookie, drink a cup of tea, get settled. You must be tired. When you have more energy, we will talk!" Irritated, the wildclaw gulped down the tea and shoved a few cookies ungracefully into his mouth, gesturing to the others to do the same. "Happy?" He growled, spitting out cloud of dry cookie crumbs as he spoke. "Yes, yes, of course!" Adriel lilted, fluttering around to pour more tea. "Now, why don't you tell me how you got here? I need to hear all the details before I make my proposal." The wildclaw rolled his eyes and began to speak. The more he tried to rush along his story, the more questions Adriel would ask about details. She seemed truly fascinated in every moment. She always was a good host. Until she wasn't. It was the wildclaw who paled first, his smaller body unable to handle whatever was in his cup. However, within the span of ten minutes, all three of the bounty hunters had dropped dead. Poison. Adriel gleefully wiped crumbs off her hand from her own unpoisoned cookies and moved to deal with the bodies. "you can come out now, Alpie, I know you're there. I thought you had more faith in me," She said in a sing-song voice, not even turning to look at them. "At least help me with the bodies, I can't move the bigger ones on my own." "You betrayed them, not us," Alps shook their head in disbelief. "I'm sorry I ever doubted you." "Well, I sort of deserved your lack of trust, now didn't I," Adriel conceded. "But no, I could never betray a friend of mine. I was following Burns and Morning, I've been tracking Morning every time he leaves The Refuge. I was too late to stop it, but I could make sure he was avenged and that his body was not disrespected by whatever the Pox Consulate wants to do with it. The Refuge deserves to give him a proper burial." "I love you," Alps blurted it out before they were aware of what they had said. Immediately, the blushed furiously. "I mean, as a friend, this isn't the time, there is so much going on, we have to deal with everything that went down, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-" "It's okay, my dear," Adriel purred, suddenly extremely close to Alps. "I know what you mean, and if you want, we can talk more after Morning is given a proper send off. Wouldn't want to be disrespectful, now would we?" "No, of course not," Alps legs felt shaky. "I'm sorry, there's so many emotions going on right now." "I get it. Let's deal with the bodies, have a cup of unposioned tea to calm down, then return to The Refuge." Adriel offered. "Sure, that sounds great," Alps' face still felt warm, and the sickly feeling of grief still hung heavy in their stomach. "Lets get to work." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/29#post_49921222]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui[/center] ----- I apologize for the bait and switch there, but here is the actual truth behind Adriel. Also, idk if any of you have visited both Alps and Adriel's pages recently, but there has been a fun easter egg on both their bios hinting towards things for the past little while~ Hopefully this relieves part of the tension.

Day 30: Rage
Ragepuff Down
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png

Alps raced through the forest, trailing puffs of snowclouds behind them as they went. Lightning crackled from their eyes and mouth as they fought to contain their rage. They knew they were wrong to trust Adriel, and they didn't care if it killed him, they was going to kill her.

They knew they should probably have stayed in The Refuge with Sage. She had now lost the love of her life, her eldest son, and her daughter had left on her Search. She needed to support. But that could wait. They had unfinished business to attend to.

It did not take long to find Adriel's tea spot, she had not moved in from the last time. Alps slowed, only upon hearing the voices of what must have been the bounty hunters. They could possibly take on Adriel, but they had to size up the others before the time came to fight.
dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,37385,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=84&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=7&winggene=2&wings=151&auth=29f9faebc0382d399cbe0b151cea3e9b70da0d42&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=86&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=173&tertgene=8&winggene=6&wings=11&auth=203230203700a7c6d7352fecba03b2adb8dcc135&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=73&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=27&winggene=39&wings=54&auth=aad5edff1025075e1b906188301af7cd404484c5&dummyext=prev.png

The spiral was pouring the three dragon large cups of tea. Cookies were laid out on a platter, and Adriel was grinning ear to ear, chatting amicably with her guests. They three bounty hunters appeared irritated, eager to get on with the business they had come here to do.

With a horrible lurch of their stomach, Alps noticed Morning's body. There was no dignity in the way it was laid, clearly thrown down with little care. That sight was enough to almost make Alps launch into battle then and there, but they restrained themselves. They had to be strategic.

"Look, this is nice and all, but can we talk about how we are splitting the bounty?" The wildclaw asked. "We've got a long journey back to the Pox Consulate."

"Oh yes, oh yes, in time!" Adriel said cheerily. "There's no rush. Please, relax. Eat a cookie, drink a cup of tea, get settled. You must be tired. When you have more energy, we will talk!"

Irritated, the wildclaw gulped down the tea and shoved a few cookies ungracefully into his mouth, gesturing to the others to do the same.

"Happy?" He growled, spitting out cloud of dry cookie crumbs as he spoke.

"Yes, yes, of course!" Adriel lilted, fluttering around to pour more tea. "Now, why don't you tell me how you got here? I need to hear all the details before I make my proposal."

The wildclaw rolled his eyes and began to speak. The more he tried to rush along his story, the more questions Adriel would ask about details. She seemed truly fascinated in every moment.

She always was a good host.

Until she wasn't.

It was the wildclaw who paled first, his smaller body unable to handle whatever was in his cup. However, within the span of ten minutes, all three of the bounty hunters had dropped dead. Poison.

Adriel gleefully wiped crumbs off her hand from her own unpoisoned cookies and moved to deal with the bodies.

"you can come out now, Alpie, I know you're there. I thought you had more faith in me," She said in a sing-song voice, not even turning to look at them. "At least help me with the bodies, I can't move the bigger ones on my own."

"You betrayed them, not us," Alps shook their head in disbelief. "I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

"Well, I sort of deserved your lack of trust, now didn't I," Adriel conceded. "But no, I could never betray a friend of mine. I was following Burns and Morning, I've been tracking Morning every time he leaves The Refuge. I was too late to stop it, but I could make sure he was avenged and that his body was not disrespected by whatever the Pox Consulate wants to do with it. The Refuge deserves to give him a proper burial."

"I love you," Alps blurted it out before they were aware of what they had said. Immediately, the blushed furiously. "I mean, as a friend, this isn't the time, there is so much going on, we have to deal with everything that went down, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-"

"It's okay, my dear," Adriel purred, suddenly extremely close to Alps. "I know what you mean, and if you want, we can talk more after Morning is given a proper send off. Wouldn't want to be disrespectful, now would we?"

"No, of course not," Alps legs felt shaky. "I'm sorry, there's so many emotions going on right now."

"I get it. Let's deal with the bodies, have a cup of unposioned tea to calm down, then return to The Refuge." Adriel offered.

"Sure, that sounds great," Alps' face still felt warm, and the sickly feeling of grief still hung heavy in their stomach. "Lets get to work."

I apologize for the bait and switch there, but here is the actual truth behind Adriel.

Also, idk if any of you have visited both Alps and Adriel's pages recently, but there has been a fun easter egg on both their bios hinting towards things for the past little while~

Hopefully this relieves part of the tension.
oH mY GOd-
oH mY GOd-
IM SORRY ADRIEL SHE WASNT REALLY A BAD GUY I ALWAYS KNEW SHE WAS GOOD OH MY GODDDSJDHEHDJCJSJJJXSJDJS
IM SORRY ADRIEL SHE WASNT REALLY A BAD GUY I ALWAYS KNEW SHE WAS GOOD OH MY GODDDSJDHEHDJCJSJJJXSJDJS
@Wufflesnuff

It's okay, I built it up to have a moment of doubt in where her loyalties truly lay
@Wufflesnuff

It's okay, I built it up to have a moment of doubt in where her loyalties truly lay
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 249 250