Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 249 250
!!!! I knew from the instant that Dominga said he was going to talk to Cerys that that plan wouldn't work, lol. But he turned it around into some future action! Also [quote]Her vibrancy always managed to drive away the pockets of emptiness the Shade had left within him.[/quote] I love the relationship these two have a lot <3 ALSO also!! The apparel layering you've done on Doben!! It's not much, but with the helmet already having fewer spikes on it on Spirals for some reason (which I didn't realize until I went to his page and previewed it on his own, lol), the echoscarf or whatever it's called covering the last horn makes it look almost more like a muzzle or cage.
!!!! I knew from the instant that Dominga said he was going to talk to Cerys that that plan wouldn't work, lol. But he turned it around into some future action! Also
Quote:
Her vibrancy always managed to drive away the pockets of emptiness the Shade had left within him.
I love the relationship these two have a lot <3
ALSO also!! The apparel layering you've done on Doben!! It's not much, but with the helmet already having fewer spikes on it on Spirals for some reason (which I didn't realize until I went to his page and previewed it on his own, lol), the echoscarf or whatever it's called covering the last horn makes it look almost more like a muzzle or cage.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I think I would've been too afraid to read this piece if a battle stone was on the header instead of apparel.
I think I would've been too afraid to read this piece if a battle stone was on the header instead of apparel.
signature.png

__A Kingdomlocke Game

FR+2 | He/Him | PMs open!
@Leopardmask

They are so precious and I am glad I get to write more of them!

Thank you! I really wanted the give the impression of him being Consumed.

@Murvax

That is so fair, it would be pretty scary to not have that sense of comfort of guaranteed survival. That would be quite a tragic way to go, considering his journey.
@Leopardmask

They are so precious and I am glad I get to write more of them!

Thank you! I really wanted the give the impression of him being Consumed.

@Murvax

That is so fair, it would be pretty scary to not have that sense of comfort of guaranteed survival. That would be quite a tragic way to go, considering his journey.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[quote name="Wufflesnuff" date="2022-12-07 14:07:34" ] boy oh boy if cerys even lays a claw on the children i am deboning her like a trout [/quote] Then we put her in her own special goop vial and toss it into the fires of Mt. Doom, from whence such abominations arise xD Glad we didn't lose Dominga here, whew! That was pretty suspenseful.
Wufflesnuff wrote on 2022-12-07 14:07:34:
boy oh boy if cerys even lays a claw on the children i am deboning her like a trout

Then we put her in her own special goop vial and toss it into the fires of Mt. Doom, from whence such abominations arise xD

Glad we didn't lose Dominga here, whew! That was pretty suspenseful.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Petall
Thanks again for the info! I just finished my first one on my boy Grin~

Also, yowza! A lot is going on here! I am proud of Dominga for standing up, but darn.... Definitely on the warpath now.... It's going to be a bumpy ride, I fear. ;^^
@Petall
Thanks again for the info! I just finished my first one on my boy Grin~

Also, yowza! A lot is going on here! I am proud of Dominga for standing up, but darn.... Definitely on the warpath now.... It's going to be a bumpy ride, I fear. ;^^
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@Disillusionist

That's a lot of steps, but a lot of necessary steps to truly be rid of her. Just gotta take a trip to the Fire Flight!

@GrinningWolf24

THAT MOODBOARD LOOKS INCREDIBLE OMG!!!

Oh yeah, the tension between the Refuge and the Shade Castle has gone from subtext to the main text!
@Disillusionist

That's a lot of steps, but a lot of necessary steps to truly be rid of her. Just gotta take a trip to the Fire Flight!

@GrinningWolf24

THAT MOODBOARD LOOKS INCREDIBLE OMG!!!

Oh yeah, the tension between the Refuge and the Shade Castle has gone from subtext to the main text!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/189#post_52894722]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 245: Heavy Crown[/u][/b] [item=coral basilisk field notes] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73506752][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73506752&skin=45779&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Construction on the tree had halted, but it was only on hold. Fenrir had put up enough of a fuss that it was impossible for Druzii to move forward. Now, Flavius found himself fleeing The Refuge for the quiet comfort of the woods. He felt like a child again, running away from his responsibilities. Maybe it was all he was good for. He found himself on the banks of a river, and he rested, closing his eyes. He wished he were still a small veilspun, he could crawl inside a flower or something and hide away. Instead, he was so bulky, so visible. He hated it. Why couldn't he live a life free of this heavy heavy crown. He had run away from one to end up with another. He was so caught up in his thoughts of how much of a failure he was that he did not notice that he was no longer alone. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79340242][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=79340242&skin=14265&apparel=12267,8318,8602,8814,9219,9817&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Your majesty," The pearlcatcher said, bowing slightly. "Is this how it works? Am I doing it right?" "Yes, that's right, but you really needn't bother -" Flavius paused. He was certain he had been told this dragon's name once upon a time, but he remembered very few of the names of his so-called subjects. "Crimson," The pearlcatcher jumped in. "How would you like to be greeted?" "Just treat me like an ordinary dragon," Flavius grumbled. "All that fancy-pantsy stuff reminds me too much of my father. What are you doing here anyways?" "Druzii was going to go looking for you, I figured you'd prefer if someone else came. You two don't seem to be getting along well lately," Crimson admitted. "Or ever," Flavius huffed. "he just never gets off of my back!" "He seems like a very... strong personality," Crimson offered. "That's one way to put it," Flavius said. "I just have never had the chance to set my own path. It's always been laid out before me. First it was my father, then Druzii on behalf of my father, and now just Druzii." "And what do you want? Do you really not want to be king?" Crimson asked. It was a deeply personal question, and normally Flavius would have brushed it off, but there was something so genuine about the pearlcatcher's eyes. Flavius had never been spoken to like this, like an equal instead of someone superior or inferior. It was intoxicating. "I don't know. I don't want to be my father. He was awful. I don't get why Druzii worships the very ground he walks on. I saw the way the dragons he ruled reacted. Even when I was a kid, they would hide from me. He thought he was the ruler of a great empire, but he really was a tyrant. And now Druzii expects me to do the same." Flavius explained. "I don't know if there is any way to be king without being a giant jerk. I've never seen anything else." "Our previous leaders, Burns and Sage, did a pretty good job. They didn't call themselves king or queen, but they considered themselves equals. They were driven more by their urge to protect, their guardian instincts, gifted to them by The Refuge and the Gladekeeper. It was truly a noble pursuit." Crimson said, their eyes getting glassy with reminiscence. "Sage was my grandmother, you know. I never met her, she died before I was born, but my fathers have told me many stories." "Shouldn't that make you the leader? Or one of your family members?" Flavius asked, confused. Crimson shook their head. "It doesn't work like that. Our leadership isn't passed down through lineages. The Refuge chooses someone she thinks is suitable to carry the mantle of guardian. Didn't you encounter her when you changed?" "I did," Flavius admitted. "But I don't know why she would have chosen me. All I'm good for is running away." "Maybe that's the point," Crimson offered. "Maybe it's not the fact that your running, it's how you're running. It sounds like you were running from injustice, from corruption, and colonization. Maybe you just need a direction to run, and maybe this is it." "Maybe," Flavius said. "I've never thought about it like that before. I mean, I'm still not sure I want to embrace this, but I have a lot of consider." "That's all we're asking you to do, it do consider it. Because otherwise, if you don't do anything, Druzii will become our next leader in all but name, and I don't need to tell you that we don't want that to happen." Crimson said, getting up. "I'll tell Druzii you're fine, that you just need time. Just... think about it, okay?" "I will," Flavius said, surprised to find he actually meant it. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/191#post_52906302]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @harpyja @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Brasil @Lixue @DiamondDogg @GraceShelby1031 @VeniVidiVici @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @GingaSnap @aquaberyl @Pocketdog @lunarkismet @girlofSornieth @octagaze @Lightwolf57 @Volur @Murvax @SakuraSundae @RedSiren @Rainilith @NewmoonWasTaken[/center] ----- What is this? Character growth for Flavius??? [emoji=guardian scared size=2] How could it be??? I also went completely against my plans for Crimson in my notebook. They were supposed to be very antagonistic towards Flavius for a while, but this is what they wanted to do this chapter, so I guess I have to reconsider what their plot arc is!

Day 245: Heavy Crown
Coral Basilisk Field Notes
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=73506752&skin=45779&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

Construction on the tree had halted, but it was only on hold. Fenrir had put up enough of a fuss that it was impossible for Druzii to move forward. Now, Flavius found himself fleeing The Refuge for the quiet comfort of the woods. He felt like a child again, running away from his responsibilities.

Maybe it was all he was good for.

He found himself on the banks of a river, and he rested, closing his eyes. He wished he were still a small veilspun, he could crawl inside a flower or something and hide away. Instead, he was so bulky, so visible. He hated it. Why couldn't he live a life free of this heavy heavy crown. He had run away from one to end up with another.

He was so caught up in his thoughts of how much of a failure he was that he did not notice that he was no longer alone.
dragon?did=79340242&skin=14265&apparel=12267,8318,8602,8814,9219,9817&xt=dressing.png

"Your majesty," The pearlcatcher said, bowing slightly. "Is this how it works? Am I doing it right?"

"Yes, that's right, but you really needn't bother -" Flavius paused. He was certain he had been told this dragon's name once upon a time, but he remembered very few of the names of his so-called subjects.

"Crimson," The pearlcatcher jumped in. "How would you like to be greeted?"

"Just treat me like an ordinary dragon," Flavius grumbled. "All that fancy-pantsy stuff reminds me too much of my father. What are you doing here anyways?"

"Druzii was going to go looking for you, I figured you'd prefer if someone else came. You two don't seem to be getting along well lately," Crimson admitted.

"Or ever," Flavius huffed. "he just never gets off of my back!"

"He seems like a very... strong personality," Crimson offered.

"That's one way to put it," Flavius said. "I just have never had the chance to set my own path. It's always been laid out before me. First it was my father, then Druzii on behalf of my father, and now just Druzii."

"And what do you want? Do you really not want to be king?" Crimson asked. It was a deeply personal question, and normally Flavius would have brushed it off, but there was something so genuine about the pearlcatcher's eyes. Flavius had never been spoken to like this, like an equal instead of someone superior or inferior. It was intoxicating.

"I don't know. I don't want to be my father. He was awful. I don't get why Druzii worships the very ground he walks on. I saw the way the dragons he ruled reacted. Even when I was a kid, they would hide from me. He thought he was the ruler of a great empire, but he really was a tyrant. And now Druzii expects me to do the same." Flavius explained. "I don't know if there is any way to be king without being a giant jerk. I've never seen anything else."

"Our previous leaders, Burns and Sage, did a pretty good job. They didn't call themselves king or queen, but they considered themselves equals. They were driven more by their urge to protect, their guardian instincts, gifted to them by The Refuge and the Gladekeeper. It was truly a noble pursuit." Crimson said, their eyes getting glassy with reminiscence. "Sage was my grandmother, you know. I never met her, she died before I was born, but my fathers have told me many stories."

"Shouldn't that make you the leader? Or one of your family members?" Flavius asked, confused.

Crimson shook their head. "It doesn't work like that. Our leadership isn't passed down through lineages. The Refuge chooses someone she thinks is suitable to carry the mantle of guardian. Didn't you encounter her when you changed?"

"I did," Flavius admitted. "But I don't know why she would have chosen me. All I'm good for is running away."

"Maybe that's the point," Crimson offered. "Maybe it's not the fact that your running, it's how you're running. It sounds like you were running from injustice, from corruption, and colonization. Maybe you just need a direction to run, and maybe this is it."

"Maybe," Flavius said. "I've never thought about it like that before. I mean, I'm still not sure I want to embrace this, but I have a lot of consider."

"That's all we're asking you to do, it do consider it. Because otherwise, if you don't do anything, Druzii will become our next leader in all but name, and I don't need to tell you that we don't want that to happen." Crimson said, getting up. "I'll tell Druzii you're fine, that you just need time. Just... think about it, okay?"

"I will," Flavius said, surprised to find he actually meant it.

What is this? Character growth for Flavius??? How could it be???

I also went completely against my plans for Crimson in my notebook. They were supposed to be very antagonistic towards Flavius for a while, but this is what they wanted to do this chapter, so I guess I have to reconsider what their plot arc is!
hell yeah flavius you got this!!!!!
hell yeah flavius you got this!!!!!
@Wufflesnuff

Hopefully!!!
@Wufflesnuff

Hopefully!!!
Yay Flavius!! You are doing great bud~. I am so proud that he is starting to learn and discover himself! Also Druzii corruption arc??

And I find it hilarious that you had an outline, and Crimson just went 'Nope. This is what we are doing now.'. I don't know if you watch Jill Bearup on YouTube, but she is currently doing a series of shorts called 'The Fantasy Heroine' that is the same type of idea. The author is trying to write her story, and the character consistently goes 'why the heck would I do that??? This makes more sense.'. I hghly suggest a watch! It is great and very riveting the further in you get. X)

Lastly, thank you for the kind words!! I had a great time building his moodboard. ^^ I am excited to start doing more as I have time! I definitely have already started to save some pictures that I will be using for the future, haha.
Yay Flavius!! You are doing great bud~. I am so proud that he is starting to learn and discover himself! Also Druzii corruption arc??

And I find it hilarious that you had an outline, and Crimson just went 'Nope. This is what we are doing now.'. I don't know if you watch Jill Bearup on YouTube, but she is currently doing a series of shorts called 'The Fantasy Heroine' that is the same type of idea. The author is trying to write her story, and the character consistently goes 'why the heck would I do that??? This makes more sense.'. I hghly suggest a watch! It is great and very riveting the further in you get. X)

Lastly, thank you for the kind words!! I had a great time building his moodboard. ^^ I am excited to start doing more as I have time! I definitely have already started to save some pictures that I will be using for the future, haha.
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 249 250