Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
It begins, and so does my constant anticipation and excitement for an update!
It begins, and so does my constant anticipation and excitement for an update!
Please add me to the pinglist!! I really like the characters so far!
Please add me to the pinglist!! I really like the characters so far!
@Petall ohoho from the look of that intro we're gonna be in for a ride and a half

love where this is going so far! garnet and magiere look like they'll be interesting to learn about as the story progresses, and i love how you incorporated the new coli venue into it! the thread also looks nicely formatted, and it sounds like it's gonna be a deviation from other things i've read :0

it's always great to see something new and fresh, so i look forward to see what turns we'll be taking here! //grabs popcorn
@Petall ohoho from the look of that intro we're gonna be in for a ride and a half

love where this is going so far! garnet and magiere look like they'll be interesting to learn about as the story progresses, and i love how you incorporated the new coli venue into it! the thread also looks nicely formatted, and it sounds like it's gonna be a deviation from other things i've read :0

it's always great to see something new and fresh, so i look forward to see what turns we'll be taking here! //grabs popcorn
@Disillusionist

They certainly are a combination, aren't they?

@Sabariel

Woot!!!

@catmeow1

Yay! The excitement is abundant!

@CorvvusCorax

For sure! Adding you right away!

@Dynami

Thank you so much!!! Honestly, the new Coli venue came along at the perfect time!
@Disillusionist

They certainly are a combination, aren't they?

@Sabariel

Woot!!!

@catmeow1

Yay! The excitement is abundant!

@CorvvusCorax

For sure! Adding you right away!

@Dynami

Thank you so much!!! Honestly, the new Coli venue came along at the perfect time!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/3#post_43732083]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 1: Orientation[/u][/b] [item=dusty canvas scrap] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ifor stepped out of the trees, her attention immediately captured by the large crystal spires before her. Her heart skipped a beat as she pulled out the pamphlet she had been given when she heard about the school. It matched the drawing perfectly. The largest of the spires was in the center, curving in away from the cliffs it stood against. The two smaller spires flanking it also curved inwardly, like talons cupping the the large field between the Whisper Woods and the school. In the middle of the grassy plain, a darker circle of grass stood out. Pink banners with the school's crest had been placed within the circle, and two dragons were standing in conversation next to a table. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51366344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ifor's excitement gave way to nerves as she approached, her stomach turning. This was it. She had truly left her hometown behind her and was going to be learning magic from one of the greatest mages in Sornieth. She immediately recognized the wildclaw from the pamphlet. The headmistress had caught sight of the approaching guardian and was waving her over. Ifor's mouth grew dry as she found a place next to the imperial. Though not yet fully grown, he was larger than she was. He cracked a smile at her, causing her to fidget uncomfortably. He looked so suave, and she could tell by the enchanted fireflies that surrounded him that he already had some grasp of magic. The thought made the guardian feel even sicker. "Ifor, I presume?" Garnet asked with a smile. "You're just on time. Midnight and his aunt arrived an hour ago." "My Aunt Mia is one of the teachers," Midnight puffed out his chest. "We're still waiting on Enser, but he's written to say that he's going to be a little late," Garnet continued, ignoring Midnight's comment as she checked her ledger. "By the way, Ifor, you're a guardian. Do you have your charge yet?" "No," Ifor responded, feeling a sudden burst of anxiety. Was she supposed to? Would it look bad if she didn't? Would the school be worried about her leaving for her search? "Alright," was all Garnet said in response, ticking something on her scroll. She then rolled it up and tucked it away. "Shall we get started with orientation?" The wildclaw began to lead the pair of students towards the right spire. As they approached, Ifor could make out entrances carved throughout the pink crystal at varying levels. Garnet entered through the ground level, Midnight and Ifor following close behind. The guardian was desperate not to get lost, so she hung close to the imperial in front of her. The tunnel soon opened up into a large common area. Torches hung from the walls, lighting the vibrant pink room. A comfy looking sitting area was set up on the side, with a number of couches, chairs and cushions face an enchanted fireplace with pink flames. On the far wall of the room, a small cooking area had been set up, and to the right, a large, ornate table sat, surrounded by chairs. On either side of the kitchen, a stairway opened up, curving out of view. The stairs on the left ascended upwards, while the stairs on the right ascended downwards. "This building is student quarters," Garnet explained. "This is where you will be staying. The common area here is for everyone to use, so I ask that you be respectful of those also sharing this space. As you might have noticed, there is a kitchen over there. All students are expected to feed themselves. Don't worry, ample time will be provided each day for you to gather what you need." Ifor nodded, eager to remember everything she was being told. Beside her, Midnight looked bored, though to his credit, he refrained from making any snide comments. "Every student will share a room with a roommate," Garnet explained further. "Midnight, your roommate has yet to arrive so you'll have the place to yourself for a little while. Ifor, you have not been given a roommate as of yet, but rest assured yours will come as the school continues to grow. I'll show you to your rooms. You may drop off your things before we continue the tour." The wildclaw led them up the stairs to the first level. Four doors lined the walls, and Garnet directed both the students to their respective dorms. Once inside, Ifor slid her dusty bags off onto the floor. It was just then that she noticed that there was a tear in one of them. She quickly checked over the contents, relieved to not find anything missing. All she wanted to do was collapse on her bed and rest, but the day was just getting started. Once she had slid her bags away to the side, she exited the room to find Garnet and Midnight already waiting for her. The rest of the tour was a blur. The school building, in the center, had been large and overwhelming. Garnet piled on more and more information, and Ifor was beginning to grow worried that she'd never remember it all. She wished there were a handbook or something. By the time Garnet returned Ifor and Midnight to the student's quarters, it was night and Ifor was exhausted. "Well, that concludes our tour!" Garnet exclaimed. "You'll have a few days to settle in and get used to the place. Classes will start during the Brightshine Jubilee, and that's when you'll be assigned your mentors." Ifor just had enough energy to mumble her thanks before stumbling to the table. A meal had been provided for the students as part of the welcome. The guardian scarfed down her roast snowshoe rabbit, too hungry to relish in the taste. Across from her, Midnight slowly ate his aether hermit, regarding her curiously. "So, what magic do you know?" He asked at last, and Ifor suddenly became very conscious of the grease on her face. "Um, I don't really... know any yet," Ifor admitted sheepishly. "Really?" Midnight seemed surprised. "Well, I guess that makes sense. My parents are both pretty magically inclined. My mom runs an enchantment shop and my dad is an alchemist. I picked things up as a hatchling. I'm hoping to go into medical magic once I graduate." "Oh... that's great..." Ifor said, suddenly feeling worse. What did she think she was doing here? She barely knew anything about magic, she was clearly behind already. This was nothing like the city she had grown up in. It was so... formal. "Who do you think your mentor will be?" Midnight asked, not picking up on the guardian's hesitation. "I would love to get Garnet. Wouldn't that be an honor? Being trained by the headmistress? Of course, if I had my pick, I'd love to be trained by Aunt Mia, but I think there's a rule against mentors being family members." "I don't know," was all Ifor could say. How did Midnight know so much already? She hardly knew anything about the school, let alone the teachers. "Well, Garnet would only employ the best!" Midnight grinned. "So really, anyone would be a good choice." Suddenly, the imperial's face shifted to concern. "Hey, are you alright? You look a little upset." "I'm just a little tired," Ifor lied. "I think I'm going to go to bed. See you tomorrow?" "Alright!" Midnight looked surprised, but didn't protest. "I'll see you around!" Ifor's legs felt heavy as she ascended the stairs towards her dorm. This wasn't what she had expected at all. Sure, it was her dream to attend a magic school and strengthen her magical abilities, but she hadn't expected that she would have had to know any magic before she arrived. Maybe she wasn't cut out for this. She missed her family. She missed her sister. She wondered what Iari would say if she were here. She probably would tell Ifor that she needed to give it more of a chance. It had, after all, only been the first day. Maybe once she started her classes she'd feel more settled. Or once the third student arrived. Maybe Enser would be less of a know-it-all. Eventually, Ifor fell into a restless sleep. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/7#post_43811657]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @StormFire3105 @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax [/center] ----- And so we start, with those first day of school feels! I still have one more starter dragon on the way, but he hasn't ended up in my lair yet, so he won't be showing up for a little while. I have some maps drawn up of the school grounds and the common room layout, but I'll post those when I get my first art pull.

Day 1: Orientation
Dusty Canvas Scrap
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png

Ifor stepped out of the trees, her attention immediately captured by the large crystal spires before her. Her heart skipped a beat as she pulled out the pamphlet she had been given when she heard about the school. It matched the drawing perfectly.

The largest of the spires was in the center, curving in away from the cliffs it stood against. The two smaller spires flanking it also curved inwardly, like talons cupping the the large field between the Whisper Woods and the school. In the middle of the grassy plain, a darker circle of grass stood out. Pink banners with the school's crest had been placed within the circle, and two dragons were standing in conversation next to a table.
dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png

Ifor's excitement gave way to nerves as she approached, her stomach turning. This was it. She had truly left her hometown behind her and was going to be learning magic from one of the greatest mages in Sornieth.

She immediately recognized the wildclaw from the pamphlet. The headmistress had caught sight of the approaching guardian and was waving her over. Ifor's mouth grew dry as she found a place next to the imperial. Though not yet fully grown, he was larger than she was. He cracked a smile at her, causing her to fidget uncomfortably. He looked so suave, and she could tell by the enchanted fireflies that surrounded him that he already had some grasp of magic. The thought made the guardian feel even sicker.

"Ifor, I presume?" Garnet asked with a smile. "You're just on time. Midnight and his aunt arrived an hour ago."

"My Aunt Mia is one of the teachers," Midnight puffed out his chest.

"We're still waiting on Enser, but he's written to say that he's going to be a little late," Garnet continued, ignoring Midnight's comment as she checked her ledger. "By the way, Ifor, you're a guardian. Do you have your charge yet?"

"No," Ifor responded, feeling a sudden burst of anxiety. Was she supposed to? Would it look bad if she didn't? Would the school be worried about her leaving for her search?

"Alright," was all Garnet said in response, ticking something on her scroll. She then rolled it up and tucked it away. "Shall we get started with orientation?"

The wildclaw began to lead the pair of students towards the right spire. As they approached, Ifor could make out entrances carved throughout the pink crystal at varying levels. Garnet entered through the ground level, Midnight and Ifor following close behind. The guardian was desperate not to get lost, so she hung close to the imperial in front of her.

The tunnel soon opened up into a large common area. Torches hung from the walls, lighting the vibrant pink room. A comfy looking sitting area was set up on the side, with a number of couches, chairs and cushions face an enchanted fireplace with pink flames. On the far wall of the room, a small cooking area had been set up, and to the right, a large, ornate table sat, surrounded by chairs. On either side of the kitchen, a stairway opened up, curving out of view. The stairs on the left ascended upwards, while the stairs on the right ascended downwards.

"This building is student quarters," Garnet explained. "This is where you will be staying. The common area here is for everyone to use, so I ask that you be respectful of those also sharing this space. As you might have noticed, there is a kitchen over there. All students are expected to feed themselves. Don't worry, ample time will be provided each day for you to gather what you need."

Ifor nodded, eager to remember everything she was being told. Beside her, Midnight looked bored, though to his credit, he refrained from making any snide comments.

"Every student will share a room with a roommate," Garnet explained further. "Midnight, your roommate has yet to arrive so you'll have the place to yourself for a little while. Ifor, you have not been given a roommate as of yet, but rest assured yours will come as the school continues to grow. I'll show you to your rooms. You may drop off your things before we continue the tour."

The wildclaw led them up the stairs to the first level. Four doors lined the walls, and Garnet directed both the students to their respective dorms. Once inside, Ifor slid her dusty bags off onto the floor. It was just then that she noticed that there was a tear in one of them. She quickly checked over the contents, relieved to not find anything missing.

All she wanted to do was collapse on her bed and rest, but the day was just getting started. Once she had slid her bags away to the side, she exited the room to find Garnet and Midnight already waiting for her.

The rest of the tour was a blur. The school building, in the center, had been large and overwhelming. Garnet piled on more and more information, and Ifor was beginning to grow worried that she'd never remember it all. She wished there were a handbook or something. By the time Garnet returned Ifor and Midnight to the student's quarters, it was night and Ifor was exhausted.

"Well, that concludes our tour!" Garnet exclaimed. "You'll have a few days to settle in and get used to the place. Classes will start during the Brightshine Jubilee, and that's when you'll be assigned your mentors."

Ifor just had enough energy to mumble her thanks before stumbling to the table. A meal had been provided for the students as part of the welcome. The guardian scarfed down her roast snowshoe rabbit, too hungry to relish in the taste. Across from her, Midnight slowly ate his aether hermit, regarding her curiously.

"So, what magic do you know?" He asked at last, and Ifor suddenly became very conscious of the grease on her face.

"Um, I don't really... know any yet," Ifor admitted sheepishly.

"Really?" Midnight seemed surprised. "Well, I guess that makes sense. My parents are both pretty magically inclined. My mom runs an enchantment shop and my dad is an alchemist. I picked things up as a hatchling. I'm hoping to go into medical magic once I graduate."

"Oh... that's great..." Ifor said, suddenly feeling worse. What did she think she was doing here? She barely knew anything about magic, she was clearly behind already. This was nothing like the city she had grown up in. It was so... formal.

"Who do you think your mentor will be?" Midnight asked, not picking up on the guardian's hesitation. "I would love to get Garnet. Wouldn't that be an honor? Being trained by the headmistress? Of course, if I had my pick, I'd love to be trained by Aunt Mia, but I think there's a rule against mentors being family members."

"I don't know," was all Ifor could say. How did Midnight know so much already? She hardly knew anything about the school, let alone the teachers.

"Well, Garnet would only employ the best!" Midnight grinned. "So really, anyone would be a good choice." Suddenly, the imperial's face shifted to concern. "Hey, are you alright? You look a little upset."

"I'm just a little tired," Ifor lied. "I think I'm going to go to bed. See you tomorrow?"

"Alright!" Midnight looked surprised, but didn't protest. "I'll see you around!"

Ifor's legs felt heavy as she ascended the stairs towards her dorm. This wasn't what she had expected at all. Sure, it was her dream to attend a magic school and strengthen her magical abilities, but she hadn't expected that she would have had to know any magic before she arrived. Maybe she wasn't cut out for this. She missed her family. She missed her sister. She wondered what Iari would say if she were here.

She probably would tell Ifor that she needed to give it more of a chance. It had, after all, only been the first day. Maybe once she started her classes she'd feel more settled. Or once the third student arrived. Maybe Enser would be less of a know-it-all.

Eventually, Ifor fell into a restless sleep.

And so we start, with those first day of school feels!

I still have one more starter dragon on the way, but he hasn't ended up in my lair yet, so he won't be showing up for a little while.

I have some maps drawn up of the school grounds and the common room layout, but I'll post those when I get my first art pull.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I like this! Great first day writing .3. I like the emotions and internal dialogue of the dragons
I like this! Great first day writing .3. I like the emotions and internal dialogue of the dragons
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
Very nice beginning! Reminds me of a dream I had.
Very nice beginning! Reminds me of a dream I had.
My lorelocke!
Oh, this is going to be good!

I have my suspicions already as to who might dabble in Shade magic, but I'll keep those to myself, for now.
Oh, this is going to be good!

I have my suspicions already as to who might dabble in Shade magic, but I'll keep those to myself, for now.
Ah, them first day of school feels. Oddly similar to how it feels on the first day of a new job. Anyway, I adore Ifor already! Midnight seems... enthusiastic. Can't wait to meet all the other students and teachers too~!
Ah, them first day of school feels. Oddly similar to how it feels on the first day of a new job. Anyway, I adore Ifor already! Midnight seems... enthusiastic. Can't wait to meet all the other students and teachers too~!
Woo! A strong, auspicious start. ^^ I am so excited to see how Ifor grows, and there are plenty of fun story hooks for me to poke at~ (What is her charge going to be? What was in her bag that she was worried would fall out? What is Enser going to be like? What is the weird portal going to do?)

Glad to be along for the ride!
Woo! A strong, auspicious start. ^^ I am so excited to see how Ifor grows, and there are plenty of fun story hooks for me to poke at~ (What is her charge going to be? What was in her bag that she was worried would fall out? What is Enser going to be like? What is the weird portal going to do?)

Glad to be along for the ride!
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46